8/21 Instance: Two Birds, One Stone

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

8/21 Instance: Two Birds, One Stone

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Mixing Up Madness

Jessica: Jess didn't want to knock and alert him so she climbed in through the window, put her finger to her lips to stop Miles saying anything then wrapped Johnny in his blankets and carried him up to the roof. She dropped him rather unceremoniously when she reached their destination and hovered over him.

Johnny: Johnny landed in a heap and rolled onto his stomach, groping to pull the blanket back over him. He snuggled into his pillow but frowned at the textured feel. Something was wrong... He blinked.

Jessica: "What the hell is wrong with you!?" Jess gave him a zap to make sure he was awake.

Johnny: He jerked, rolling onto his back to stare up at her, "Ow, Jess! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Jessica: "Hope's gone all freaky happy stepford wife in the kitchen is what's wrong with me! And it's your fault!"

Johnny: "How is that my fault?!"

Jessica: "Apparently you said something about just being friends."

Johnny: Johnny blinked and reached up to push a hand through his hair, brow furrowing as he tried to think about it, "She, like... asked me if I was fine with being friends, and I said yes..."

Jessica: "Yeah and she took that to mean that's it forever. Nothing else." She landed. "You're an idiot."

Johnny: "How am I supposed to control how she interprets things?"

Jessica: "Be clearer with your responses? It's not rocket science!"

Johnny: "Maybe she could be clearer in her questions! I mean... I fucking talked to her like you wanted," he rolled his eyes.

Jessica: "No. Not like I wanted. You upset her again. That's exactly what I didn't want."

Johnny: "You act like I was trying to upset her," Johnny rolled his eyes and pushed himself up to sit.

Jessica: "Well you sure as hell didn't do a very good job of trying not to. I'm not even kidding. It's like a giant muffin laid muffin eggs and they all hatched at once in there. And now she's making cupcakes."

Johnny: "All we did was eat brownies, play games, and I found her crying when she went to make tea! Then, she stopped talking to me again!" he got to his feet, "So stop pushing this all off on me."

Jessica: "And at some point in there you said you just wanted to be friends with her. So now she's hurt because she wants more than that. Which I know I told you."

Johnny: "I did tell her I wanted to be friends with her because it's true. We started out as friends in the first place..." Johnny moved to gather his blanket.

Jessica: "Right. But did you say that was a starting point anywhere? Did you intend it as just a starting point?"

Johnny: "No..."

Jessica: "No to what part?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips.

Johnny: He proceeded to tie the blanket around his neck like a cape and eyed her, "Both."

Jessica: "So you just want to be friends? No more relationship at all?"

Johnny: "I didn't say that," he sighed. He was so not awake enough to be having this conversation.

Jessica: "Well say something that makes some fucking sense before I lose patience and zap you again."

Johnny: "You just fucking woke me up, and you expect me to make sense?"

Jessica: "Yes!" She was so sticking to her point.

Johnny: "Just shock me again and get it over with," he grumbled.

Jessica: "Johnny, listen to me. A simple yes or no answer will suffice. Do you want Hope to be your girlfriend again eventually?"

Johnny: "I've already answered that. In case you've forgotten since it was while you were in bed with me, yes. Eventually. If she stops being fucking crazy."

Jessica: "Then you need to actually tell her that before the crazy state is permanent."

Johnny: "Fine, whatever. Are you done now?"

Jessica: "Maybe." She frowned.

Johnny: He simply raised an eyebrow.

Jessica: "She's freaking me out, okay? She's all laughy and smiley and baking and talking to herself... and I think herself is answering back."

Johnny: Johnny heaved a sigh, "I'll figure it out tomorrow."

Jessica: "You can't do it today?" she asked, slightly hopefully.

Johnny: "I was sleeping?"

Jessica: "It's morning and time to get up anyway," she countered.

Johnny: "Ugh..." he sighed, "After my classes today, then."

Jessica: "Thank you." She hugged him, "And I'm sorry for dragging you out of bed but if you'd seen her..."

Johnny: "You're constantly mean to me and then hugging me," Johnny pouted.

Jessica: "Yeah... sorry... I tend to get angry first... don't take it personally." she ruffled his hair.

Johnny: "I'll try to keep that in mind," he ruffled her hair in return, "Now I'm going back to bed until I have to go to class."

Jessica: She frowned at him for messing up her hair, running a hand through it to fix it again. "You should eat breakfast. There's muffins."

Johnny: "Now you're just trying to get me down there."

Jessica: "Well maybe... but someone does need to eat them all... Two birds with one stone and all that...."

Johnny: He gave her a grin, "Maybe after a shower."

Jessica: She smiled, "That's better!" She headed for the edge of the roof, "I'm going to go for a walk and get all the crazy out of my system."
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: 8/21 Instance: Two Birds, One Stone

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Jessica: She smiled, "That's better!" She headed for the edge of the roof, "I'm going to go for a walk and get all the crazy out of my system."
Can any amount of walking do that?

Also --
Jessica: "Thank you." She hugged him, "And I'm sorry for dragging you out of bed but if you'd seen her..."

Johnny: "You're constantly mean to me and then hugging me," Johnny pouted.
Women, man. How did you not figure this out after months with Hope.