8/19 Instance: Bowled Over

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

8/19 Instance: Bowled Over

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after How to Not be a Boob

Jessica: Jess had never been bowling in her life. She'd seen bowling in movies so fortunately she knew what it involved but still... it was a process she imagined she was going to fail at at least the first few times. Having such superior strength than intended when the game was designed was bound to result in breakages too. It was a good thing she had money now...

Jessica: She glanced up at Johnny and gave him a smile as she finished tying on her bowling shoes. They were not comfortable.

Johnny: Johnny returned the smile as he finished up with his shoes and moved over to the console to start the game, pausing as he debated what names to put in. For himself, he simply settled for 'The Best'. When he came to the next player, he glanced to Jess, smirking, "What should I put you down as? Loser?"

Jessica: Jess pouted at him, "You're so mean."

Johnny: "No, no..." he shook his head, "I just have faith in myself."

Jessica: "And none in me, apparently." She ran a hand through her hair, "I guess you can put whatever you want in there... but try to think of something flattering."

Johnny: "Hm..." Johnny leaned back and stared at the screen as he thought, eventually glancing her over. He decided 'Hotness' was appropriate... Though, now they were interchangeable because he was totally hot as well.

Jessica: Jess glanced up and laughed a little, "Why thank you."

Johnny: "I thought it was appropriate," he commented as he moved to stand, glancing back at her, "So, I guess I'm up first... which I guess is good for you. You get to see how awesome I am... Well, and how the game works."

Jessica: "I have a general knowledge of what it involves from tv but watching someone else first hand would probably be more helpful." she nodded in agreement. "So show me how it's done... just don't set anything on fire."

Johnny: "Well, fireballs would totally earn me a strike," Johnny shot her a grin as he picked out a ball.

Jessica: "And would totally earn us both a lifetime ban." She added, grinning back.

Johnny: He shrugged as he moved over the lane, "I'm sure there's other bowling alleys in the city."

Jessica: "Not if you pull the same crap at all of them," she pointed out, settling back in her seat to watch him.

Johnny: Johnny rolled the ball down the lane and grinned as it took out over half the pins, moving to wait for the ball to reappear, "Well, bowling's a bit lame anyway, so would it really be a loss?"

Jessica: "I don't know. I haven't tried it yet - it might be fun." She poked her tongue out at him.

Johnny: He took the next throw and was quite pleased with his spare, sticking his tongue out in return, "Well, have at it..."

Jessica: Jess got up and eyed the selection of different weighted bowling balls to choose from. She wasn't sure what was the normal size for someone of her build. She frowned and went for the one in the middle, picking it up and taking it over to Johnny. "How am I holding it?"

Johnny: Johnny got up and steered her over to the lane, taking the ball from her to show her how to hold it. Then, he offered it back. "So, you hold it like that, and I'll help you with the rest too. This time."

Jessica: She nodded, taking the ball and putting her thumb and fingers into the corresponding holes. It was not comfortable. "Okay..."

Johnny: He moved more behind her and started on explaining, "So, usually, you take a few steps, but you don't have to starting out... Plus, it's a good way to end up on your ass in the lane." Johnny placed a hand over hers and guided her arm back, only vaguely aware of how close they were now, "You just kinda pull your arm back and swing it forward, letting go in the ball..."

Jessica: Jess chewed her lip as she took in the instructions, though she was acutely aware of how close they were... at least it was less uncomfortable than the shoes and holding the bowling ball. So long as the pheromones stayed out of the equation. "Okay.... so I roll it? No throwing?"

Johnny: "Right," Johnny nodded, eying the lane over her shoulder, "And you kind of want to aim at the space between the first pin and the second row."

Jessica: She nodded, "Right... okay..." she took a deep breath and blew it out slowly. She accepted that her first attempt would probably be terrible because she had no idea the kind of force she needed to apply to get the ball to the other end of the lane.... and also Johnny's presence right behind her was something of a distraction.

Jessica: She rolled the ball out onto the lane in a reasonably straight line but it sort of lost its momentum before it got to the end and wavered off course into the gutter. She frowned.

Johnny: "That wasn't too bad," he commented as he watched the ball disappear, "Just a bit harder next time."

Jessica: She nodded, turning to go and wait for her ball to come back. She'd forgotten Johnny was right there and stopped abruptly with a small noise of surprise when she came face to face with him.

Johnny: Johnny blinked as she was suddenly that close but covered his surprise with a slight grin, "Well, hi..."

Jessica: She gave a grin back, "Hi yourself." She ducked round him to cover her blush and collect her ball.

Johnny: He eyed her over his shoulder, shifting a bit before asking, "So... Do you need my help again, or do you think you can handle it this time?"

Jessica: She tested the weight of the ball in her hands while she considered the question. "Where am I aiming at again?" she asked as she approached him again, "Just so I can make sure I kick your ass properly..."

Johnny: "You only wish you could, but right there..." Johnny answered, pointing to the spot around her.

Jessica: Jess leaned a little to look along his arm, "Okay... and you may regret making that wish." she gave him a small grin over her shoulder then focused on her task. Her second attempt went much better. The ball rolled smoothly all the way to the end of the lane and knocked down nine of the ten pins. "Heeeey! How was that?"

Johnny: "Pretty good," Johnny shot her a grin, adding, "But you missed one."

Jessica: "It's my second go ever. I think I'm allowed to miss one." She gave him a playful shove as she passed him on the way back to her seat.

Johnny: "Feel free to keep missing," he commented as he went to retrieve a ball for himself, taking his turn.

Jessica: "But then I can't rub it in your face later...." she pouted.

Johnny: Johnny moved to flop down, satisfied with his strike, "By later, I'm assuming you mean forever."

Jessica: "Nooo, just until I do something else awesome that I can mock you for not doing instead." She gave him a grin and reached to ruffle his hair - purposefully making it worse with static as she got up to take her turn.

Johnny: "Oi!" he protested. Just because he didn't bother much with his hair didn't mean people could just mess with it.

Jessica: She laughed at the reaction and took her next go, whooping with delight at getting her first strike. "Yay!"

Johnny: Johnny got up himself now that it was time to get his ball again, ruffling her hair in return with a wide smirk, "Good job."

Jessica: "Hey! Not cool!" she blew some of her hair out of her face as she swatted at him.

Johnny: He gave her an innocent look, "What are you talking about?"

Jessica: She gave him a shove for that, harder than the last one to make him stumble, then ran a hand through her hair to get it out of her face. It'd sort itself out.

Johnny: He did stumble and returned the shove as well.

Jessica: "Oh you do not want to start this fight with me, Johnny!" she warned with a laugh, easily keeping her balance.

Johnny: "Because you can cheat."

Jessica: "I can and I will!"

Johnny: His eyes narrowed slightly at that, "We'll see how that works out for you."

Jessica: She raised an eyebrow, "Are you threatening me, Mr Storm?"

Johnny: "Quite possibly, Ms. Drew," Johnny answered with a smirk, moving to actually take his turn.

Jessica: "Hmm... dare I ask what with?" It was too tempting not to... she gave him a small zap at the point of releasing the ball to throw off his aim.

Johnny: He frowned as his ball found the gutter and shot her a look, "I believe you will find out soon enough."

Jessica: She gave him her best innocent look, "I'm sure I don't know what you mean."

Johnny: His eyebrow went up, "Is that so?"

Jessica: She nodded, the look still on her face and still convincing.

Johnny: "I'm sure it'll come back to you soon enough," Johnny replied as he went to take his second throw.

Jessica: She smirked a little behind his back, "Oh probably...."

Johnny: At least two pins were hit this time, but that was completely unacceptable in Johnny's opinion.

Jessica: Jess giggled, "Aww looks like you were all talk."

Johnny: "Was bound to have a bad turn somewhere in there," he reasoned as he eyed her.

Jessica: She got to her feet to take her next turn, picking up the ball while she waited for the machine to finish setting up the pins.

Johnny: Once Jess stepped up to take her turn, Johnny drastically lowered the temperature in her general vicinity.

Jessica: She paused at the feeling of the temperature lowering and shook her head to try and clear the fogginess it created in her mind. She attempted to focus on the pins at the end of the lane and did her best to aim. She managed to knock down four, after the ball weaved its way to its target and turned her frown on Johnny.

Johnny: Johnny feigned ignorance, much like she had, "What's that look for?"

Jessica: "I'm cold..." she moved back over to him, "Nothing works properly when I'm cold..." she flexed her fingers a little while she waited for the ball.

Johnny: "Well, I'm sure I could warm you up..." he smirked.

Jessica: "You better or you'll be talking to yourself for the rest of the night because I'll be asleep." she replied, moving to sit beside him and leaning against him rather than taking her next turn.

Johnny: "By the pace of this game, we're going to be here all night anyway," Johnny said as he slid an arm around her shoulders.

Jessica: "Well fortunately I don't have anything better to do. Do you?" she turned her head to look at him as she shifted to lean more comfortably against him.

Johnny: He glanced down at her, giving a half shrug, "I might be able to come up with something..."

Jessica: "Am I so boring that you want to come up with something?" she blinked at him, "Or would that something still involve me but less bowling?"

Johnny: "The latter."

Jessica: She smirked, "Well... that's reassuring.... can I ask for a hint?"

Johnny: "Hm..." Johnny thought about it for a moment, nodding, "I suppose."

Jessica: "Well then... give me a hint?" she shifted to sit up slightly so that her face was more level with his.

Johnny: Johnny studied her face for a few moments and then closed the distance between them, catching her lips.

Jessica: Jess froze for a moment, the kiss taking her by surprise. Once she recovered, she returned it, leaning into him a little more.

Johnny: He moved a hand up to her cheek and deepened the kiss, the game mostly forgotten by this point because this seemed like a much better use of his time.

Jessica: Sliding her arms around him slowly, she moved more onto his lap. She had said many times she didn't want this buuuut... she was quickly changing her mind.

Johnny: Wrapping his free arm around her waist, he slid his hand from her cheek to tangle his fingers in her hair, not at all opposed to having her in his lap. He hadn't exactly been shy about flirting with the idea of this, and now he had no reason to put a stop to it.

Jessica: She broke the kiss off, pressing her forehead against his as she waited until she felt like she could get a coherent sentence out, "We're probably going to get yelled at in a minute...."

Johnny: "I told you I had something with you but less bowling in mind, so we can go whenever..." he replied, glancing to the side to see if he could spot anyone approaching them.

Jessica: "Now is good. I'm fine with now." She replied, shifting in his lap and kissing him again as she got up.

Johnny: Johnny gave a grin, reminding her, "Shoes."

Jessica: She nodded, changing her shoes back to her own ones quickly and making sure she'd picked everything up that she'd brought with her.

Johnny: He changed into his own shoes as well, moving to follow and slipping an arm around her. He actually bothered to consider things for a moment, pressed a light kiss to her neck, and mumbled in her ear, "Where?"

Jessica: Jess hadn't considered that either. They couldn't use either of their rooms.... "Well it's warm enough... or... Hotel?"

Johnny: Johnny considered the choices, "Outside is free."

Jessica: She laughed, sliding an arm around his waist and steering him towards a quieter area, stealing another kiss as she did so.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 8/19 Instance: Bowled Over

Post by puppygirl »

Are Hope and Jess engaging in some kind of weird best friend boyfriend swap here? :shifty
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"