8/19 Instance: Trolley Tours

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

8/19 Instance: Trolley Tours

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after Pretty Diseases

<@Fabian> He was still buzzing a bit from Professor Lehnsherr's special topics class and it was apparent that he wasn't quite back to his laid back smirky self just yet but Fabian was good at pretending and that talent wasn't failing him as he waited perched on the railing of the patio.

<Melati> "Yo, catch," Melati exclaimed, tossing a bottle of cooled beer Fabian's way as soon as she was trough the patio door, either failing to notice or simply paying no mind to his somewhat unstable position.

<@Fabian> He might not be completely himself but Fabian Cortez could still catch a beer. "You come prepared, I like that." He laughed, having a look at the bottle. "You and I need to do this more often I'd say."

<Melati> "I don't always come prepared, but when I do, I bring drinks," Mel said, giving a chuckle as she used a clawed thumb to pop the cap of her bottle. "Do what more often? Toss back some beers, or have philosophical debates with Professor Hot Stuff?"

<@Fabian> "Tossing beers back." He laughed, sliding down from the railing. "I think we can hopefully avoid any more philosophical debates as it seems that it eventually dissolves in a live reenactment of Anna Karenina-like dramatics from our favourite practically bursting Russian."

<Melati> "Oh, don't get me started," she commented, leaning against the railing. "I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and blame her mood on those wonderful motherly hormones, or might have tossed her instead. If that would be possible even for me, now that she's approaching that perfect spherical shape."

<Melati> She raised her bottle. "Cheers."

<@Fabian> He gladly clicked bottles with her as he opened his, drinking right up. "Blind love must be something, hmm? To steal people's sense away that easily."

<Melati> "It's why I stay the hell away from it and stick with the good old booze," she replied after taking a good sized swig. "With them at least I know I'll come back to my senses once I sober up." She nodded at Fabian's bottle. "Want another?"

<@Fabian> "I want many, many more before this day is out." He laughed, deciding to just chug the current one in his hand away. "Though I think we were going to head out to drink as well, so shall we make this a pre-drink on the go?"

<@Fabian> "And yes, this is the much safer way of losing your mind."

<Melati> Melati squinted and pointed at Fabian with her bottle. "A sensible man to my liking," she said. "How about we load up in advance and then head off to Vito's? You know, to make the hike more bearable."

<@Fabian> "Oh yes, you wouldn't want to run dry just as you got there now, would you?" Fabian smirked, sliding off towards booze. "Stick to beer or shall we get a variety? It is the spice of life and all that after all."

<Melati> "Variety all the way, baby," Mel replied, before downing the rest of her beer. "Thinks might get tricky if we decide to mix drinks on the road, though. Guess we should pack a bag, or something."

<Melati> She paused, then flicked her fingers. "Ooh, don't we have a hand-cart somewhere?"

<@Fabian> "Tricky sounds fun." Fabian shrugged. "And I do believe we do at that." He held the door open, waving her in. "lets find and load up our booze-trolly."

<Melati> Melati threw up her arms, spilling the few drops of beer left in her bottle all across the patio. "To the booze-mobile!"

<@Fabian> ---Time passes, beautiful drinking time--

<@Fabian> Fabian leaned heavily on their cart, wondering exactly where the giant bottle of vodka had come from and exactly where the contents of it had gone. "...Mel...did we kill a Russian after all? I think we might've swallowed one."

<Melati> Melati was torn from her thoughts, and postponed pondering the deeper meanings of that road sign she had been staring at? "What?" She turned around, having to support herself against the handle of the trolley as her balance shifted. Squinting, she tried to focus her vision on the bottle. "How... how did the Russian get in there?"

<@Fabian> "I don't know...but it's a fallen soldier." He held up the bottle as grandly as he could while still whiteknuckling the boozewagon for balance. "I...I think we should bury it."

<Melati_> She blinked a couple of times, then exclaimed "Yes!" Melati nodded. "So that's that they do with their dead soldier's over there, huh? In Soviet Russia, vodka distills you." She swayed a bit, but managed to step up next to Fabian. "But yes, it's our duty to pay our respects to the fallen comrade."

<@Fabian> He gave her a drunken, lecherous wink. "You'll let me know if you need any comforting after saying goodbye to our stalwart companion?"

<Melati_> "Do I look like the kind who needs to be comforted," Mel asked, looking around for something to help them dig a whole, holding up her finger at Fabian. "I might need someone to celebrate the passed soldier's grand deeds with, though."

<Melati_> She fixed Fabian with a look. "You don't have a spade, do you?"

<@Fabian> "Celebrations are much more my style." Fabian frowned though as he definitely did not have a spade. He did look out at the lake though. "...maybe he was in the navy and a water burial would be more appropriate?"

<Melati_> "Who cares, let's do it anyway!" Mel was already off trudging towards the lake, stumbling and swaying dangerously as she took the decline next to the road. "Who wouldn't want a wicked awesome Viking burial?"

<@Fabian> "Exactly" Fabian let go of their booze trolly as it rolled to a stop and stumbled after her, only avoiding clocking himself with a tree via a natural grace that should have made him a dancer rather than the drunk he currently was. This didn't save him from the second tree but he almost made that look intentional as well. "Swing our good friend to the depths!"

<Melati_> Melati weighed the bottle in her hands, tossing it up a few times and dropping it once, before she wound up and took careful aim. "Valhalla awaits!" She lobbed the bottle with enough force to make herself stumble forward a few steps, the water of the lake splashing around her feet.

<@Fabian> "Don't fall in. I am in no condition to help you out if you do." Fabian warned, laughing.

<@Fabian> "Well...I'd say he's refilled in the afterlife making the valykries very happy, wouldn't you? That is definitely an image to celebrate."

<Melati_> "We should drink to that," Melati announced, her long tail the only thing that kept her from losing balance and tipping into the lake. She turned around, a frown darkening her expression when she saw how far away their trolley was. "Who put the booze all the way up there?"

<@Fabian> "Gravity." Fabian answered bitterly. "It's not too far to go for booze though. We've still got the gin to drink." He pointed out. Gin was not to be wasted.

<Melati_> "Yes, nothing shall keep us from the gin!" Mel pointed ahead and staggered a few steps further into the lake. "We will take this hill. Hard!"

<@Fabian> Oh damn, he couldn't take the tree with him. Fabian made it a few steps before stumbling next to her, flopping an arm around her. "We steer each other. It's the only way."

<Melati_> Melati gave a determined nod. "When in doubt, grab my tail and hold on to it," she said, wrapping an arm around Fabian's shoulder and dragging him along. "Careful now... caaaarefuuul..."

<@Fabian> Fabian attempted to lean the opposite way Mel seemed likely to tumble, laughing a bit too loudly at how absurd this probably was. "Grab your tail, hmm? Is that supposed to be as kinky as I took it to be?"

<Melati_> Pausing their uneven climb for a moment, Melati gave Fabian a thoughtful look. "I don't know," she said. "Considering it's been me who said that, it's probably even kinkier than you thought."

<@Fabian> "I'm going to have to find out, you know." He said as thoughtfully as he was capable of at the moment, redoubling his efforts in their climb.

<Melati_> "I'm counting on that," Mel replied, a smirk on her lips, then dug her claws into the soft earth and pulled herself up to where they left the trolley. She wrapped her tail around Fabian's waist and simply pulled him up to her.

<@Fabian> Huh, yes, he did approve of the tail handling after all. He wasn't sure what that said about him at all but Fabian wasn't about to question it. "Right then, where to then?"

<Melati_> Melati looked in either direction of the road, then back at Fabian. "Which way were we going? Wait, we wanted to head to Vito's, right?" She eyed the trolley. "Maybe we should have some gin first. Just to be on the safe side."

<@Fabian> "Did we not make it to Vito's?" Fabian thought back, not quite sure where they were but fully aware there had been drinks. "We should absolutely have some gin first. It might get away."

<Melati_> "All I remember is throwing a bar stool at someone," Melati commented, a strained look on her face as she tried to remember any more details. "So we definitely were at some bar, I guess. I'm sure we'll remember what we wanted to do once we've had that gin."

<@Fabian> "You might've gotten the bar stool from when we went into the shopping center though." Fabian admitted, brow furrowed as he tried to piece things together. "Eh, fuck it, gin time." He plopped down onto the ground and pulled the bottle from their wagon. "It's a good time."

<Melati_> "Hell yeah, it is," Mel agreed and flopped down next to him. "If you ask me, gin time should be way more often." She looped an arm around Fabian's shoulder and leaned against his side. "Like once a day, or something."

<@Fabian> "For now on tea time can be our gin time." He raised the bottle at that, passing it to her.

<Melati_> "To gin time!" She raised the bottle as well, then took a generous swig. "So, I've heard you went on a date with my roomie." Mel prodded his arm, spilling some of the alcohol on him as she used the hand holding it. "How did that go?"

<@Fabian> He took a moment, trying to remember which one Mel roomed with. "You room with Clarice, right?...you're not going to stab me with your taily bits, are you?"

<Melati_> She flashed him a toothy grin. "Only if you ask real nicely," Mel said, taking another sip before passing back the bottle.

<@Fabian> "Good, nice stabbing is good stabbing. I don't want a replay of my car battery being fried." Oh gin, you were always here for a person.

<Melati_> Melati frowned. "That sounds like an odd date," she commented. "What did you do with that battery?" A suggestive smirk appeared on her lips. "You didn't use it to play kinky games, did you?"

<@Fabian> "No, no, Noriko fried the car and a number of other things because she didn't like how I did things. Apparently dating here is a whole lot more serious than I'm used to."

<Melati> "Dating game is serious business, eh?" Mel snatched the bottle back. "Guess not everyone can be as relaxed as we are." She raised the gin to her lips and swallowed a good portion of it, resting her head back against the trolley.

<@Fabian> "Unfortunately not everyone can be apparently." He shrugged it off, leaning back as well. "But at least those of us who are can truly enjoy ourselves, yeah?"

<Melati> "Living the rock and roll lifestyle is a hard job, but someone's gotta do it," she agreed, nodding firmly, and passed the bottle back after helping herself to its contents once more.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 8/19 Instance: Trolley Tours

Post by puppygirl »

... Those two need to get drunk more often :cracked
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"