8/18 Instance: Poke and Run

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

8/18 Instance: Poke and Run

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Current Timeline.

Pietro: Pietro sat at his desk, going over his paper notes while he typed up a paper on his laptop. The machines were all busy running tests so he had to do something while he waited.

Hope: Hope checked her note to make sure she had the right room. She moved on into the lab, then knocked awkwardly on the door frame. "Hello?"

Pietro: Pietro gave a start and looked round, "Oh... hey, Hope. Can I help you?"

Hope: "I really hope so... your wife said you might be able to help." She moved a bit closer to him. "I... might have a birth family out there. And I want to try and find them."

Pietro: He hit save on his paper and closed the laptop, turning in his seat to give her his attention and gesturing to another chair. "And what makes you think I can help you?"

Hope: "She said you do a lot with genetics. I think the only way I'll be able to find them is through a DNA search." Hope took the offered seat and ran her fingers through her hair. "I did some searching. My mom doens't exist anywhere except for a death certificate."

Pietro: "Oh Hope, I'm sorry..." he genuinely was. "That's never a nice thing to find out..."

Hope: She waved him off a bit. "I've always known she was dead, but what I want to know is why she doens't exist. That is the new puzzle."

Pietro: "Yeah... that's a bit... suspicious...." he frowned slightly, "So I suppose you want to see if your father has any answers you can use?"

Hope: "Bingo!" She laughed a little. "Figured he'd be the easiest to find... that or a sibling."

Pietro: "Yes, assuming they're in the system of course." He nodded, "I suppose I could look for you.... but if anyone asks I'm not doing that."

Hope: "Of course not." Hope smiled at him. "I was never here."

Pietro: "Excellent." He got to his feet to get some gloves and the other things he needed to draw blood. "I can't promise you results, mind. But I will try my hardest for you."

Hope: "That's all I ask. And thank you, by the way, for trying. I know it's a long shot."

Pietro: "It's the least I can do. Everyone deserves a family." he gave her a smile as he prepped her arm to take the sample.

Hope: Hope smiled at him and sighed a bit. "I just hope we find them."

Pietro: "Well don't forget, this isn't the only avenue we can try." He offered optimistically.

Hope: "It's like a needle in a haystack, I know that. But I'm really grateful for your help."

Pietro: "I like to help out where I can." He withdrew the needle and pressed a cotton swab to the small puncture mark. "All done."

Hope: "That was easy enough." She gave him a smile. "So you ready to be a dad?"

Pietro: He gave a half shrug as he straightened up and went to label the vials. "As ready as I'm going to get."

Hope: "Do you guys know the genders yet?"

Pietro: He shook his head, "No, we want it to be a surprise." He stuck the written labels on the vials and put two of them in storage while he went to put the third into the centrifuge.

Hope: "That's kind of sweet and brave... I don't think I could wait that long to find out."

Pietro: "Well.... we had a lot of surprises all at once. I think I need a break before there's any more."

Hope: "I would think that would aleviate surprises, but it's cool that you two are waiting."

Pietro: "Their rooms are gender neutral so it'll be fine... and we have gender neutral clothing for them too." He went back to his seat.

Hope: "And then you can go out and buy specific clothes later? Smart!"

Pietro: He nodded, "Yep. That's the plan."

Hope: Hope chewed on her lower lip while she waited, trying to fill the gap of time. "What do you think my odds are? Of finding someone?"

Pietro: "I don't know, Hope... It's impossible to calculate something like that without all the variables. If he's in the system? A hundred percent. If he isn't? Well that depends where else we look. But I promise to try for you. That's all I can do."

Hope: She nodded, trying to relax a bit. "How soon will we know?"

Pietro: "Well after the centrifuge there's a few more things I need to put your sample through and then I need to upload the data to the server and wait for it to spit something out... it could be a while." he raked his fingers through his hair, "You don't have to wait here."

Hope: "Are you sure? I don't want to just... poke and run..."

Pietro: He laughed a little, "It's fine. That's what most of my patients do. I'll call you with the results, how about that?"

Hope: "I think I can handle that." She smiled again. "Thanks again Pietro."

Pietro: "No problem, you're breaking up my otherwise very boring day. I should be thanking you."

Hope: "Well I'm happy to help then." She grinned, getting to her feet. "Seems your wife was right. Well, at least you were willing to help."

Pietro: "Well what's the point of having access to all of this stuff if you can't use it to help out the people that need it?" he smiled at her.

Hope: "Well, that is a very good point... and I don't have an answer for you." She smiled at him. "See you when you know something?"

Pietro: He nodded, "As soon as I have information for you."