8/18 Instance: Down But Not Out

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

8/18 Instance: Down But Not Out

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined a few hours after She's Electrifying!

<Fabian> Standing in front of his car and half afraid to touch it less it electrocute him, Fabian just frowned, now, for the first time since this summer, actually bothered about something.

<@Hope> Hope went to hunt down Fabian after hearing Jess ranting about him. She had to cheat and use powers as she was perplexed and even moreso when she found him in the garage. She leaned up against the wall and eyed him a bit. "Did you steal its soul?"

<Fabian> "No, but I have a fairly good idea who did." Noriko had done a number on the library, his side of the dorm room, and now this. He could take all of the other bits and baubles but this was a different kind of blow; one that, even though if he thought about it logically didn't actually do anything, felt as if it stuck him here.

<Fabian> That wasn't a feeling that set well with him.

<@Hope> "What do you mean?" She pushed off of the wall and approached him, taking a seat on a nearby stool.

<Fabian> "I think Noriko gave the Rolls a shock treatmant." He answered, shrugging as he figured that probably explained enough for Hope.

<Fabian> "So how's Jess?"

<@Hope> "Pissed... and that's really crappy." She ran her fingers through her hair. "I mean really shitty. You don't do that kind of stuff..."

<Fabian> "Well, she has her justification as much as anyone else." He pointed out, knowing that to be true. "Still though, it does leave me in a bit of a spot."

<@Hope> "Gotcha back jack. Bitches be crazy." Hope moved to peer at the car with him. "Though I know nothing about cars."

<Fabian> Fabian turned to look at her, confused face breaking down as he fell into a strained peal of laughter. "What now? Oh that's brilliant, I thank you for your solidarity." He frowned again though, feeling brave enough to open the hood again and wanting to drop it once he had. "Well....I know enough to say that it doesn't look good...I think the battery actually exploded."

<@Hope> She winced at that. "Youch... she really did a number on it." From her limited knowledge of engines, Hope could tell this was indeed not good. "Don't you have a mechanic?"

<Fabian> "He's sort of in Barcelona...which I suppose isn't really a problem given people's powers I could possibly talk into things but...I'd really rather not have to have it over there...or out at some shop here either. This might be a bit beyond me though...a lot beyond me. I signed up for Darren's non-official 'classes' so I would know more about such things but it's a bit early in the semester to test this out."

<@Hope> "Well have you tried asking him to take a look at it?"

<Fabian> "I'm fairly sure the fact that things have melted means it's time to go out and buy new so chances are I have to take her to the shop anyway. He's out on some sort of SWORD business or something I believe."

<@Hope> "Ouch. That sucks." She moved back to her stool, studying him a bit. "You know, girls here aren't like... normal girls."

<Fabian> A small smirk played over his lips. "You don't say."

<@Hope> "I mean, some people here live out in the woods and crap. It's like a loony bin with powers sometimes." She shook her head. "I mean, Danny had been in some dojo or something. They really should offer social adjustment classes here."

<Fabian> "Well, I did bring in one of our forest dwellers." He admitted, letting the hood go shut and looking just a bit worried because of it. "That would be a good idea...though I'm fairly sure judging by the fact that, as far as I know, Noriko had a perfectly normal time growing up in Japan, it'd be her opinion I should be in those classes as well."

<@Hope> "I think she should, so there's that." Hope shrugged a bit. "I've thought about going back to Alaska, even though it sucks."

<Fabian> "I'm entertaining very tempting thoughts about moving to Marrakech and opening a resort so I can take my dirty scamming ways to tourists dressed way too skimpy for the area's mores."

<@Hope> Hope laughed at him and sighed. "Yeah... hook me up if you do."

<@Fabian> "Oh, I will absolutely do that. After all, I trust you can pull of a bikini even though the sun might be unkind."

<Hope> "Not sure if I should feel insulted by that or not... but yes, I look good in anything... and nothing."

<@Fabian> "You see? We should vacation together, it would be quite a trip."

<Hope> "I wonder which of us would get more action..." Hope was intrigued by this idea.

<@Fabian> "We could make it a contest of sorts." Well, at least there people wouldn't get so strangely clingy and his car wouldn't be fried. "So...I think I need to call a tow truck."

<Hope> "We so could... though I'm afraid you'll lose." She smirked at him. "And yeah... looks like a tow truck is in order." She wrinkled her nose at the poor car.

<@Fabian> "It's completely illogical that it actually makes me feel slightly trapped that I'm going to have to, isn't it?" Fabian asked, pulling out his phone to call, surprised it has lived through things so far.

<Hope> "I think it's completely logical.... I always feel trapped. I don't have a car and I am dependent on powers around me."

<@Fabian> "Well, will you look at that, we're having a bonding moment here." Fabian deadpanned between talking to the receptionist for the tow truck.

<Hope> Hope laughed at him and sighed a bit. Maybe Jess was nuts... Fabian wasn't so bad, but she knew what to expect.

<@Fabian> "Of course, if we bond any further I apparently need to warn you I might do it with other people to." He smirked over teasingly, letting his phone go shut. "Fifteen minutes they said."

<Hope> "See, that's very thoughtful of you to let me know, but I figured that anyway. Not really into relationships anymore. And 15 minutes.... whatever will we find to do in 15 minutes?"

<@Fabian> "Finally, someone who realizes we're much too young to actually honestly consider relationships." It was as if he had found a kindred reasonable soul. "Well, you know if they say fifteen minutes it'll be much longer than that." He smirked slightly.

<Hope> Hope got up from her stool. "True. And let's just say... I do have really good aim." She leaned in to kiss him.

<@Fabian> Well, that did help to make his day that much better.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 8/18 Instance: Down But Not Out

Post by puppygirl »

I'll say this for Riko, she's thorough :cracked

Nice instance guys :toothy
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"