8/14 Instance: The Get-Back Girls

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

8/14 Instance: The Get-Back Girls

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline.

Clarice: A pink circle of light appeared just above the roof and with a blink! Clarice dropped out of it, bracing herself she grinned at the other occupant, "I think the last time I hadda fight with someone on a roof I was taking out a spotter for a bank robbery!" She said cheerfully.

Jessica: Jess smiled, setting her tablet to one side and getting to her feet. "That sounds like a lot of fun."

Clarice: "It was!" Clarice bounced on the balls of her feet and started to go through some stretches to limber up, "he fell off but I was able to catch him with a portal and teleported him into the back seat of a police car!"

Jessica: "Ha! Brilliant. You're an awesome superhero." She stretched herself, pulling her hair back into a ponytail.

Clarice: "Service, and butt-kicking, with a smile," she did a few neck stretches and bounced up and down a few times to shake out her limbs, "So, what styles are you trained in?"

Jessica: "Oh God... way too many..."

Clarice: "Silly, you can never have to many styles, hybrids are generally more of a challege," she started to circle Jess, going back and forth, "technically I'm 'The Style of No-Style' which means I never recieved any sorta formal training, so if we're playing by certain rules you're probably gonna kick my butt. What're the rules anyways?"

Jessica: "We don't have to go with rules if you don't have a style, just sparring is fine." She smiled, picking a stance and dropping into it.

Clarice: "Just a few basics like no eye or throat poking, or groin shots, right?" She bounced back and forth, warily, "and no powers?"

Jessica: "Yep, no bad moves and no powers. That seems fair."

Clarice: "Sounds good," and with no further warning she lashed out with her right foot in a kick aimed at Jess's mid-drift.

Jessica: Jess wondered if her reflexes and agility counted as powers briefly before blocking the kick and countering with one of her own.

Clarice: Clarice deflected the kick with her forearm, dropped low and spun out, trying to knock Jess off her balance, reflexes and agility going up against atheleticism probably resulted in a fairly even match.

Jessica: Jess recovered and didn't miss a step, aiming a punch when she caught up to her, trying to catch her as she was rising.

Clarice: Clarice caught the punch on the shoulder and fell back, but rather than stumble to try and recover she let herself fall, rolling onto her back and kicking out with both feet at Jess before flipping herself back up.

Jessica: Jess barely dodged the feet at her chest, somersaulting backwards and dropping into a stance when she landed again. "You're good for having no formal instruction."

Clarice: Clarice bounced back and forth, conserving energy as she tried to remain limber and ready, "Been on the superhero stuff since I was fourteen, you live that sorta life you're either good or dead," she gave a small shrug and smiled, "you're pretty good too, despite the formal training," the smile turned into a wide grin as she joked.

Jessica: She laughed, "If I wasn't any good I'd have gotten in trouble with my dad so I made sure I paid attention in classes... they mostly got pissed when I mixed styles so this is nice."

Clarice: Clarice wrinkled her nose, "See, that's why I don't like those dojo type places, they're meant to be training you how to defend yourselves, but you can't treat a real fight like a dojo," she bounced some more and feigned a few punches to keep loose, "Soooo ... when's your next daaaaaate?" She teased playfully.

Jessica: "It wasn't a dojo, I had instructors in the house..." she moved to continue their sparring session, aiming a kick at her side. "I haven't gotten around to organising that yet... had a busy weekend."

Clarice: "Well, they probably still counted it as a dojo," Clarice dodged and grabbed Jess' ankle, yanking her forwards, "oooh, so you're gonna ask him out on another for deffo? Or her ..." she added.

Jessica: "It's a he," she twisted in the air, rolling onto a hand and bringing up her other leg to kick Clarice while she had hold of her other one. "And I was going to wait and see if he wanted another one...."

Clarice: Clarice dropped the ankle and jumped back to avoid the blow, "Noooo, if you like him you should go for him! I waited around last year and all the hotties were snapped up before they had a chance to ask me out by the more proactive girls! That's why I asked Fabian out when he started flirting with me and he said yes!"

Clarice: Heee ... Fabian, that makeout session after they'd had pizza had been a serious eye-opener.

Jessica: Jess stopped and just blinked at her for a moment, "Fabian is this mystery guy you've been dating?"

Clarice: "Yep!" Clarice giggled happily, "He's the first guy who's ever been like ... properly interested in me!"

Jessica: Jess' eyes narrowed, "That absolute bastard!"

Clarice: Now it was Clarice's turn to stop and she stared at Jess, "... Huh?"

Jessica: "He's the one that asked me out!" She explained.

Clarice: ".... Whaaaaaa!?" Clarice's eyes went wide, "He asked you out!? When?"

Jessica: "When we all went to the bar that night before classes started, we decided to go at the weekend because I wasn't sure about my schedule.... when did he ask you?"

Clarice: Clarice looked horrified, "I asked him out on the first day, after Italian class! I didn't know he'd already asked you out, he didn't say anything!" She squeaked, oh dear, Jess was going to kill her, wasn't she? She was a fiendish boyfriend stealer and she didn't even know it!

Jessica: ".... Bastard!" If anything she was even more angry with Fabian. She started for the edge of the roof.

Clarice: ... Maybe she was just gonna kill Fabian then? "Jess? What're you gonna do?" She followed after her worridly, she was wary of getting zapped.

Jessica: "I'm going to wring his bloody neck!"

Clarice: Clarice opened her mouth to protest and then shut it again, after everything that had happened she'd still been friends with him, been nice to him, she'd even given him her first kiss, and all the while he was playing her for a fool! He deserved whatever Jess did to him! She clenched her fists, a sudden hot spike of anger running through her.

Clarice: "You do that!" She encouraged, bad karma be darned! He was such a ... a jerk! "And when you're finished you send what's left to me!"

Jessica: "I can't believe him! He didn't even wait to see how our date went! Fucking asshole! Honest?! Honest my ass!" Jess raged.

Clarice: Clarice wasn't really much of a rager like Jess, she just seethed quietly, "Why didn't he say anything? He should have said he already had a date, poopyhead!"

Jessica: "He fucking well should have!" She reminded herself that she wasn't allowed to kill him, balling her hands into fists and pacing it out instead, green electricity crackling around her hands.

Clarice: Clarice backed away from the crackling hands, "What should we do then? Should we go yell at him together?"

Jessica: She scowled as she paced, "No. If I see his stupid face I'm going to break it."

Clarice: "So what?" Tears were threatening at the corner of her eyes now as the upset feelings started, "... I can't believe he'd do that, we can't let him get away with it."

Jessica: "No, we can't." She pulled the charge back from her left hand (with some difficulty) so she could run her fingers through her hair. "We need to scare him shitless."

Clarice: Clarice wiped her eyes quickly, "Scare him? What do you mean, like ... dress up as ghosts or something?"

Jessica: "No... that won't work. We need to stop him from ever doing this to someone again. It is not okay." She took a deep cleansing breath and ran both hands through her hair now, still pacing while she thought of an idea.

Clarice: "Oh, I understand now," Clarice sucked her teeth as she folded her arms across herself defensively, trying to think, but she had no idea what sort of thing you could do ... and this sounded awefully close to revenege and revenge wasn't something she was comfortable with. She didn't think Jess would settle for just a stern talking to, however.

Jessica: "Have you got another date with him lined up?" Jess asked, glancing over to her between turns.

Clarice: Clarice shook her head, "No, not yet, we had one the other night ..." and they'd kissed ... her first ever kiss had been with a guy who was cheating on her! The tears were getting quite persistant now.

Jessica: "Then I'll ask him for another one," she determined. "This weekend." She stopped pacing and turned back to Clarice, moving over to her. "And we can corner him together."

Clarice: "Out in public?" Clarice blinked, "why can't we just do it now?"

Jessica: "Because if it's in public then everyone will look and he'll have to deal with the accusing stares."

Clarice: That ... made sense, "So we'll embarrass him into feeling bad?" She guessed, nodding.

Jessica: "Yes. We need to make a lasting impression." She nodded too, "Where do you like to hang out? To eat or whatever if you're out somewhere..."

Clarice: "Umm ..." she thought ... no, none of the places she'd been to with Fabian before, she didn't want the people there knowing that she'd been made an idiot of, "There's an Moroccan place I go to sometimes, mutant friendly."

Jessica: "And they obviously have a good vegetarian menu. Okay we'll go there then if you give me the address. Do you have a cellphone?"

Clarice: Clarice fumbled in her pocket for her phone and handed it to Jess, "Put your number in and I'll text you so you've got mine."

Jessica: She nodded, doing just that. "I have no worries that he'll refuse a second date with me so this will work."

Clarice: "Why?" Clarice asked, though if she was honest she didn't really want to know the answer, right now she really wanted to just crawl under her bed and cry for a bit.

Jessica: "Apart from the pheromones?" she replied with a small smirk, handing the phone back.

Clarice: "... Good point," and she decided to leave it at that, taking the phone back, "So I guess we can't tell anyone about this untill after we confront him, yeah?"

Jessica: "Well if you think you can trust them not to tell him about our plan then you can probably tell someone... if you wanted to talk about it..."

Clarice: "O-okay ..." right now she didn't want to talk to anyone, but she probably would later, "so ... umm ... sorry but I don't feel so much like sparring now ..?"

Jessica: "That's fine.... neither do I.... Though I do want to hit things. Repeatedly. Until they break." She took another breath to try and calm down.

Clarice: "In which case you wanna spar down in the DR then, I think, I don't wanna break right now, thanks," she tried to smile but it came out crooked.

Jessica: "I'll probably go to the gym and take it out on one of the bags." Or several. She frowned a little then leaned to somewhat awkwardly hug Clarice, "I'm sorry he did this to you..."

Clarice: Clarice hugged Jess back, "Likewise Jess, you deserve better," she wiped her eyes again, luckily her mutation made it hard for people to tell when she was really teary, "You want a ride down to the gym?"

Jessica: "I think I'll just not date anyone ever again..." she sighed, "And yes that would be nice. I'll just get my tablet..." she went to go and pick it up.

Clarice: With a flick of her wrist a portal opened up for Jess, giving her a sad smile, "Take care, Jess, and thanks for the sparring."

Jessica: "Any time, Clarice." She gave a small smile back, "Don't let this get to you too much.... Some people are just assholes. We'll get him. Don't worry."

Clarice: "Okay," Clarice nodded, opening up her own portal. Plan of action, crawl under bed with blanket and cry for a bit, then go to the cairne and meditate on her anger so that she had a clear head for the weekend ... and try and stop any of her friends from killing Fabian before then...
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 8/14 Instance: The Get-Back Girls

Post by Slarti »

:shifty

Want Bobby to rough him up a bit for you?