8/14 Instance: Playing Rough

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

8/14 Instance: Playing Rough

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Rachel: With her free time, Rachel had taken to running simulations in the danger room, mainly in an attempt to keep her powers in check. She was hoping the more she practiced the better things would get, however all she was succeeding at was frustrating herself.

Miles: Miles let the doors slide open as he snuck in, hopefully undetected, his camouflage taking care of that.

Rachel: Rachel moved as quickly as she could through the simple exercises, letting out a muttered curse. She always failed at the same damn part. It was always the bit that needed fine motor control over her telekinesis, and she always ended up completely overdoing it. Instead of picking the small object up, everything in its general area ended up as a crater from the force.

Miles: "You should try focusing less on the pushing it away, and more on using the large stuff as shielding against the smaller stuff." Miles offered. "It works in video games?" He added, with a shrug as he revealed himself.

Rachel: She startled at the sound of Miles' voice and managed to reign in her telekinesis as opposed to lashing out at him. Taking a deep breath, she slowly let it out and turned to face him, nodding, "I'll take that into consideration."

Miles: "You should just try it, rather than sarcastically telling me you're going to consider it, when you're obviously not. Sometimes, other people can have good ideas. I may not have done an X-Mission yet, or even any training but... I'm not stupid. I'm not trained, sure, but anyone who has played Bioshock or InFamous can tell you that one of the upsides of teke upgrades is that you can shield yourself from things with it."

Miles: "I mean..." he snorted "play a video game, man."

Rachel: Her form let off a few golden flickers, and she shoved the urge to change aside with a bit of difficulty. It was always harder to contain when she was irritated, however it was less the kid and more at herself. Rachel tried another deep breath, "I think I have more experience with telekinesis than you do from a video game."

Rachel: She considered how harsh that sounded, especially after she hadn't wanted to take out her frustration on him. "Sorry," Rachel mumbled, "I haven't had problems with control in a while. It's frustrating."

Miles: "Well, apology accepted I guess, but I think you're frustrated 'cause you're better than this. I've gone back into some of the files of missions. You're talented. There's video of your training exercises. This is easy to you." He pointed to the mess in the Danger Room. "But you're coming at it rather sophomoric."

Rachel: "And how should I go about it? Because I'm not really in shape to be running the sessions I used to do."

Miles: "One-on-one?" he asked, his foot shifting behind his other, carefully taking a stance.

Rachel: "I'm not sure that's a good idea," she quickly answered. The past few fighting encounters hadn't gone well, and she wasn't sure sparring was a great idea.

Miles: "Yeahuh, okay, 1-2-3, stupid people say what." He camouflaged up, web-zipped to the wall and then sprung off of it, jetting himself to her.

Rachel: Rachel didn't fall for that one and looked to pinpoint his mind as he disappeared, managing to dodge him despite the fact she couldn't see him.

Miles: He zipped by her, amazed at her speed. "There we go!" He fired web shots at her feet, trying to hold her in place, then flipped over her head. "You ever take on someone as spectacular as me?"

Rachel: She took a few steps back to avoid the webbing and shielded herself from what she couldn't dodge, throwing her elbow back as she answered, "A few people."

Miles: He took the elbow, though he had felt it coming. The tingling in the back of his head, which he still hadn't worked around how to use has actually scared him out of reacting. "Whoa!" He stepped back and decided to try something new. He began to shoot webbing shot after webbing shot, dodging her, ducking under her limbs, and sticking to the wall.

Miles: He was trying to web her into a giant cocoon.

Rachel: Rachel frowned as her shield was quickly covered in webbing and blew it outwards.

Miles: "Awww, you're good!" Miles said. "Let's see if you're good enough to stop -- THIS!" He shot a wad of web into her hair.

Rachel: She deflected it.

Miles: He shot three more webbing strands to her hands, feet, and then a straight shot to her mouth.

Rachel: Rachel held up her hands to shield her face and jumped out of the way to avoid the webbing to the feet. She wasn't going to fight back. That'd be dangerous, and she was sure everyone thought she was dangerous enough as is after everything with Jason.

Miles: As she avoided the webbing, Miles had used some webbing between two long pieces of rubble to create a massive sling. Putting a giant rock into the center, he pulled it very far back, taking as many steps as he felt safe doing, and grinned as Rachel looked to him, his slingshot taking aim. "Bazinga!"

Miles: He let it go the web snapping forward, the rock blasting towards her.

Rachel: "Motherfucker..." she grumbled as let loose a blast of telekinesis, blowing the rock into tons of tiny pieces. Some still pelted her, but they just mostly stung. Plus, it was better than being flattened.

Miles: As she other pieces blasted apart, Miles was already in the middle of pulling back another rock. Pieces of the first rock chipping away at his feet, one even scraping his cheek. "Yowch!" He let go, squinting.

Rachel: Rachel dived out of the way of the next wayward rock and rolled a bit awkwardly since she didn't have use of her hands, muttering a few more curses.

Miles: He reloaded, running backwards this time to hurry his next shot up, lining it up to where she rolled away to. "Could've used that as a shield!" He fired away. Realizing his game was getting repetitive, he decided to David-versus-Goliath it, and began to zip slightly smaller rocks to him with webs, then bunched them together in a sling of webbing and swung it over his head, preparing to fire them at her.

Rachel: "I don't need that as a shield," Rachel replied a she forced the bigger rock aside and used a telekinetic barrier to shield herself from the smaller projectiles. Getting to her feet, she tentatively focused on Miles himself and gave him a shove, trying to be to overly rough.

Miles: Miles went flying back, surprised by the push. "Whoa!" He caught himself on a piece of crumbled whatever, using his spider-grip to stick to it. "Gonna need to do more than that!" He web zipped some more of the rocks into his sling and released them towards her.

Rachel: She was rapidly growing tired of having to dodge or shield herself from rocks and worked on pulling his slingshot apart instead.

Miles: "Grah!" He didn't even expect that. He responded by punching up webbing on both his hands, making giant webbing-boxing-gloves. "Alright, time to break those shields!" He leapt towards her and began to bang against her telekinetic shields with his mighty, webbed, fists.

Rachel: Rachel forced him away again with another shove, a bit harder this time. Then, she debated trying to pull the molecules of the webbing around her hands apart. But... What if she took off her hands as well?

Miles: Miles was relentless. "Chica, you're good! But check this out!" He webbed to the ceiling, down to the ground behind her, and before she could turn around to notice him, his pulley system was completed. Using his strong web he pulled hard, a chunk of the floor where he was once standing, taunting her, ripped out of the ground and came flying over Rachel's head.

Rachel: Rachel worried less about the fact that he was behind her and more about ducking the rock coming at her head. She dropped down and attempted to sweep his legs out from under him.

Miles: He jumped up his spider-sense alerting him in time of the kick, and he dodged the sweeping leg as the rock came crashing down.

Rachel: She let loose a burst of telekinesis as the rock came down, sending the debris in Miles' direction and using her arms to guard her face from any stray rubble.

Miles: The pieces sprayed at Miles, and though he was able to knock back some and avoid others, it became too much. The barrage of rocky bits overwhelmed him, tearing at his face and pelting his abdomen. He fell backwards, hard, and didn't get up.

Rachel: As everything settled, Rachel let out a breath and lowered her arms. Then, she realized things were entirely too quiet. Peering over her shoulder, she let out yet another curse at Miles' prone form and rolled to push herself to her feet. She stared down at him for a few moments before giving him a hesitant prod with her foot.

Miles: He groaned. His face was cut up from the rocky shards and brittle chunks, his cheeks a little bruised. "Nice shot?" he mumbled out.

Rachel: "Thanks, I guess..." Rachel sighed, starting to offer a hand when she realized they were still webbed. She hadn't really been trying, but she wouldn't point that out.

Miles: "Hey... booby trap." He said, as she stepped forward. Her shin pulled a string of web and in seconds, the webbing that was secretly around her feet snatched at her ankles, the weight pulling her upwards from her legs.

Rachel: She let out a yelp as she was suddenly hoisted up by her ankles, her control to slipping. She ended up in her shadow form, which was something she'd been trying to avoid, and lashed out at him with another burst of telekinetic force. Luckily, she'd managed to contain the telepathy. She didn't need to deal with melting another brain.

Miles: Miles went flying, sprawling through a wall of a random building and landing in the ground behind it, forming a crater.

Rachel: Now that Miles was out of the way, Rachel focused on getting herself down and freeing her hands by way of manipulating the molecules of the webbing. Once she was upright, she stared in the direction Miles had flown, started that way, and came to a sudden halt. Clenching her fists tightly, she squeezed her eyes closed as she told herself she was not going to finish him.

Rachel: Heh, finish him... Like Mortal Kombat. Except she wasn't going to do anything as grotesque as that, despite the fact that part of her wanted to. Badly.

Miles: Miles coughed, rolling his eyes around to see if he could maybe catch his surroundings long enough. He couldn't, he was dizzy from the impact. I probably have a concussion... do I taste purple?

Rachel: She shot a glance in the direction of the door and shook her head. She couldn't just leave the kid over there. What if he was hurt? "Danger, end program," Rachel ground out through gritted teeth. That would likely help, though now he had nothing to hide behind... Made him an easy target. She should've thought to do that sooner. Except she shouldn't because killing kids was wrong...

Miles: Miles pushed himself up, trying to shake off the vibrating in his ears "Wow... that was excessive."

Miles: "Are you going to maybe help me get to the medlab, or are you going to be a responsible teacher and leave?" He asked, taking a good grasp onto the wall as he got to his feet.

Rachel: Talking. He was speaking. It grated on her nerves and filled her with relief all at the same time. Rachel forced the annoyance aside and eyed the receding shadows along her hands, the flames fading. The scenery around them finished disappearing and left them in the empty room. She swallowed hard and worked on masking her anxiety over the situation before looking to the boy.

Rachel: He seemed mostly alright. She hoped he was alright anyway. Once the question registered, she slowly shook her head, "I'm not... Nevermind. Just... I-I'll take you to the medlab..."

Miles: "Thanks." He smiled at her. "And for the record, you used a rock to shield yourself... at one point. There." He shot her a thumbs up. "So... I win."

Rachel: "Yeah, sure, you win..." Rachel mumbled distractedly and gestured to the door, starting for it herself, "Come on."

Miles: "I think I have a concussion... I might need a literal hand here..." He tried to follow her, but as he did he felt his headache subsiding. "Oh, hey... speedy healing factor too? Hmm... Should go see Summers just in case."

Rachel: Rachel paused at the possibly needing a hand bit, inwardly sighed, and offered her arm as she agreed, "You should."