8/13 Instance: To Go

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

8/13 Instance: To Go

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Fabian> "Well, did you enjoy the movie?" Fabian had a bit of a sideways smirk as he glanced over to Clarice, arm going around her as they walked out of the theatre and put his umbrella over both of them to avoid the drizzle that had started to come down.

<Clarice> Clarice smiled and nodded back at him, putting her arm through his, "I did actually, I can't remember the last time I've been to the cinema, did you have a good time too?"

<@Fabian> "Definitely, though I have to say, the night's still early. Is there anything else I could tempt you with?"

<Clarice> "Well, I am feeling a bit hungry after that, I think there's a pizza place nearby if you like pizza?" The nice thing about rain, she'd always found, was that people tended to keep thier heads down and didn't pay too much attention to who was around them, people seemed to be paying her no mind.

<@Fabian> "That sounds like a very good plan." He nodded, having a glance along the street for any sign of pizza. "It's probably along the next street or so?" Fabian wasn't overly fond of the rain to be honest but it was going to have to be something he made himself grow accustomed to since deciding to stay more than likely.

<Clarice> "Uh-huh, just around the corner there," she pointed, and they started to make thier way, "does it rain a lot where you come from then?"

<@Fabian> "Not really too often. I'm more accustomed to bright and humid but not much ever coming out of the humidity." Fabian shrugged, seeing where she meant and turning that way. "I enjoy this well enough, it's just still settling in my mind that it's a more permanent change."

<Clarice> "I've never been fond of the rain myself, been caught in too many tropical storms to enjoy it too much," she pulled a face as they located the pizza place, "think you'll ever be able to go home?"

<@Fabian> "Oh, I can definitely go home. I'm sure I will sometime but right now I would much rather not and I dare say this place is more interesting to me as well." That statement needed a crooked half-smirk as well. "Wouldn't you agree?"

<Clarice> Clarice blushed a little and smiled back, "It would certainly be less interesting for me if you left," she admitted, pushing the door open and stepping into the warm interior of the resturant, "Mmmm ... that smells so good, I really am hungry now!"

<@Fabian> He took a moment to breathe in the smells, holding the door open for Clarice as she made her way in and of course taking advantage of the momentary backview as he did so. There were perks to such things after all. "I know what you mean, it's how they pull people in." He nodded, sliding his arm back into place as the waitress led them to their table.

<Clarice> "I heard that places like walmart and stuff pump the smell of baking bread out the front of thier stores to draw people in," Clarice smiled, looking at the menu, "Can I have a vegitarian Hawaiian, some lemonade and cookie dough for desert?" She asked the waitress polietly.

<@Fabian> "Well, it does make sense, though I doubt the bakery items at

<@Fabian> *walmart are particularly fresh." Fabian commented as he sat down to order. "And the gorgonzola, water, and apple please?" He handed the menus over and turned back to Clarice. "Would this be one of your usual places?"

<Clarice> "... Parhaps?" She said a little slyly, "you could say it's a force of habbit from when I was difting. Everytime I came to a new place I'd check out all the different food places and shelters, seeing which ones were mutant friendly. If I was lucky sometimes I could even get a job doing dishes or something in exchange for food and being able to sleep in the back a few nights."

<Clarice> "Naturally, those places were sorta dodgy, I would never have bought food from them if I'd had the money but beggers can't be choosers after all," she shrugged.

<@Fabian> "Well, no need to worry much about that sort of thing now, yes?" It was a hard thing to imagine, really. Fabian couldn't quite wrap his mind around that kind of imagery. He didn't even want to imagine the actual food.

<Clarice> "Nope," she said cheerfully, "no more fruit picking or midnight dishes for me ... though I gotta admit, it's hard trying to find a normal job looking the way I do but I don't really need to worry about it at the moment I guess, I'm still getting an allowance from the school sooo ..." she gave a little shrug, "C'est la vie."

<@Fabian> "Where have you been looking?" Fabian asked curiously. There had to be a few places that would offer up a good opportunity, after all. "Anything you're particularly interested in doing?"

<Clarice> "Shops, resturants, after my birthday I can start looking for work in bars," she gave him a small smile, "I want a genuine college job experience y'know?"

<@Fabian> "Well, I'm sure that should be doable. Plus you have everyone who works at school as a resource to find places that gladly hire mutants all ready."

<@Fabian> But no, he didn't really know what she meant, either.

<Clarice> "I'm probably not looking as hard as I should, to be honest," she admitted, "it is kinda a big step, getting a job after all," she grinned as thier pizzas arrived and thanked the waitress, "have you ever had a job?"

<@Fabian> "Well, the closest thing I have had to a job I don't think anyone wants me to get involved with again." He pointed out just a little bit sheepishly. "Other than that no, I can't say as I have."

<Clarice> Yes, skip past that, "I don't suppose you ever would have needed to, if your family is wealthy, what do they do? Do they own some big buisness or something?" She asked, picking up a slice and chewing with a happy expression on her face.

<@Fabian> "I'm afraid it can't really be said that my family's worked for too terrible much of our money. Clever investments here and there but pretty much we've inherited the wealth for a few generations." He admitted with a shrug. "But if you look at company shares I imagine we do own a few things here and there."

<Clarice> "They just don't get too involved in the running of stuff," Clarice nodded, then smirked, "so, old family, not nobility or anything are you?" She giggled, "I don't have to start calling you m'lord and praticing how to curtsy or anything?"

<@Fabian> "Well, I suppose if you want to get technical there are some titles attached to the family but I don't think we need to get into much of that." Though Fabian sort of liked the idea of people wandering around calling him m'lord if he was to be completely honest...he wondered if he could get that to start being a thing.

<Clarice> Clarice giggled at that, "Fair enough, is you pizza okay?"

<@Fabian> "My pizza is an artistic masterpiece done in cheese. Would you like to try?"

<Clarice> "Sure," Clarice nodded, she had noticed that he'd ordered vegitarian again.

<@Fabian> He gladly pulled a slice off, holding it carefully for the cheese not to simply drip off, and offered it to her to sample. "And how about yours?"

<Clarice> "Mine's perfect," she pulled off a slice of her own as she took his, "if you're a fan of pineapple, feel free to try some."

<@Fabian> "Why thank you." He gladly took the offered slice, taking a bite as he took it from her hand. "Yes, I think we'll have to come by here often."

<Clarice> "Together?" Clarice asked shyly, taking a bite of the slice she'd been given, he was right, it was good.

<@Fabian> "Unless you'd rather not?" Fabian asked, eyebrow quirking up slightly.

<Clarice> Clarice looked down at her plate for a moment, licking her lips. Then finally working up her courage she leaned across the table and briefly pressed her lips against Fabian's, before sitting back down and blushing furiously at him, "That answer your question?"

<@Fabian> Fabian smirked and put on a thoughtful face. "Well, you know, it does help clear that point up some. We'll have to see about that again to see what else can be determined there."

<Clarice> Clarice giggled, smirking a little as well, "Well, how about we finish our pizzas before heading home for a repeat performance, and you can determine to your heart's content?" She squeeed inwardly, her first ever kiss! And it was awesome and flirty!

<@Fabian> "I suppose I can be patient if I must." Fabian joked, sighing in resignation of having to wait.

<Clarice> Clarice giggled again and waved her hand to catch the waitresses attention, "Hey, can we have those desserts to go?"