8/13 Instance: Check, Mate!

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

8/13 Instance: Check, Mate!

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Loser says What?

Curt: Curt moved the chess piece and looked to Johnny with a grin. "Check."

Johnny: Johnny frowned down at the board and reached to move his king out of check with a sigh. He had a feeling he was going to lose. Again.

Curt: "You know, mate... We could try a different game."

Johnny: "Like Halo?" he asked hopefully. He was so much better at video games than board games. He added, "Though, you'd need your robotic arm..."

Curt: He didn't like the idea of 'Halo' but he had been whooping Johnny's arse for an hour already. "I'll settle for that if you can't think of something better."

Johnny: "Well, we could go drinking instead," he suggested. "Or I could go find drinks, and we can drink here."

Curt: "Deal." Curt said. "I have three summer shandy beers in the cellar, please!"

Johnny: Johnny got up and went to get the beers along with drinks for himself. He came back with his arms full of bottles and managed to set them all down without breaking any, passing Curt one of the beers, "Here."

Curt: "Good on ya, mate." Curt said with a wink. "So I know I've probed you on this before but how does it feel to be a free man, so-to-speak?"

Johnny: "I don't know," he sighed and reached for a drink, "It's nice that I don't have to constantly deal with drama..."

Curt: Curt used the bottle opener on his keys to pop the cap, then took a sip. "There was that much drama, huh?"

Johnny: "I don't know that drama's the word for it... But... I mean... Dealing with aftermath of all that Apocalypse stuff? Exhausting."

Curt: "You sound ungrateful that its been simplified to something so easy. A dramatic, irritating memory. I'm quite excited that it has boiled down to that. Returning to normal, mate. It's good for people. Hope needs that. You tried to give it."

Curt: "She didn't quite take it. Or of she did, she was a little late." He tipped the bottle of beer nearly vertical as he chugged

Johnny: "It's more..." Johnny started but paused to take a drink, "We got into a stupid argument and stupid things were said..."

Curt: "Stupid things being said usually result in very un-stupid apologies." He reminded, "but then again you have been very forgiving towards her." He thought of Laura and how dishonest he had been with her about his feelings.

Curt: For the Lizard.

Johnny: "Basically, she flipped out over some prank Sue and Mel pulled on her and went on about how Sue was out to kill her," he rolled his eyes, "I told her she was overreacting, and it went to shit from there."

Curt: "So I've been told. Do you feel you messed up or lucked out?"

Johnny: He sighed, "Messed up, maybe. I'm not really sure how I feel about the whole thing."

Curt: "Sounds like you have some thinking to do, drink up."

Johnny: Johnny grinned, "I'm not sure drinking is going to help my thinking process."

Curt: "I don't think your process should be drinking, right now, if we can be honest." He said confidently.

Johnny: "Are you sure about that?" He gave him a suspicious look, "Are you sure you're even Curt? Because Curt values thinking over just about everything."

Curt: Curt shrugged. "I'm taking some chances, being a little more uh... wild. Trying to change things up. For the sake of Laura, really." He blushed. "Thanks for mentioning the awesomely bald head, by the way." He pointed to it and focused on him.

Johnny: "I wasn't sure you'd appreciate any mention of it," he smirked and went for another sip of his drink, "So, how was the concert thing with Laura?"

Curt: "Phenomenal!" He nearly shouted, starting on his second beer. "You should've seen it man! The bands were great! And the music was so awesome, the people were really cool, and the shirts were even of an affordable price! And then Laura kissed me, or something."

Curt: He smirked and looked at his beer, like it wasn't a big deal.

Johnny: "Really? She did?"

Curt: "Well, yeah, but... can you blame her?" He reclined into the seat, kicking his feet up to the table. Unfortunately, they hit the chess board, knocking it to the floor with quite a bit of noise. Startled, he lurched forward to stop it, but realized it was far too late.

Curt: "Yeah uh... Smooth Criminal, and all."

Johnny: Johnny snorted, "Smooth or not, that's pretty awesome, mate."

Curt: "Yeah, I was super stoked. Is stoked a cool term?" He tried to work on which terms were cool and what terms weren't lately. "Okay then I have one big question for ya then, she kissed me. Now what?"

Johnny: "Stoked... Um... It's not exactly popular anymore, but I don't think it's that lame?" he shrugged, "Just enjoy it for now?"

Curt: "Oh I'm enjoying." Curt assured. "I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I'm just... stunned. I am sort of second guessing everything I was second guessing before."

Johnny: "Dude, stop second guessing things and just go with it."

Curt: "I know! And here's the crazy thing? I'm so happy about this? And so happy with things? I sorta... gave up science. I'm just having fun, now man. Senioritis hit me, hard."

Johnny: "You... What? I'm not sure I heard that correctly?"

Curt: "I mean, I do science stuff at work still, but... I brought the gerbils back. (Sorry about that by the way -- Oh, you didn't know, okay good. Nevermind then). And I just... took a bunch of classes I can skate by in."

Curt: "Unfortunately, ... I don't know the first thing about modern warfare, or whatever the hell that new Lehnsherr guy is teaching. I had to ask FABIAN for help, can you believe that?" He pretended to wipe sweat from his brow.

Johnny: "I'm not sure I believe that," Johnny admitted before starting on his second drink.

Curt: "Dude... I skip class. For pancakes." He nodded as he downed some more beer, which made both difficult.

Johnny: "Seriously?" he grinned, "I knew you were secretly cool somewhere under all the nerd."

Curt: "It took the greatest girl ever to figure that out. Oh, and a few beers and the doofus sitting across from me." He returned the grin and said "And I'm sure there's a nerd somewhere under that cool-for-school-d-bag."

Johnny: "I did grow up with Sue," he grinned.

Curt: "Sue can't make up for your lack-of-dedication to class assignments." He assured Johnny.

Johnny: "No, but she would be the influence to my secret nerdom."

Curt: Curt blew out beer, catching it in his hand, as he erupted into laughter. "Now while I'm drinking man!" He snorted, beer dribbling down his chin. "Secret nerdom... oh man..."

Johnny: He grinned, "You don't believe me?"

Curt: "Blow me away, young Master Storm."

Curt: "Wait... no that sounded wrong." he didn't like that.

Johnny: Johnny laughed, shooting Curt a wicked grin, "Very well, padawan."

Curt: "Padawan, now, eh? I think I'm the Yoda in this scenario, sir. Show me the numbers, show me the grades, and then I'll concede."

Johnny: "Pfft, you're more like Luke," he rolled his eyes as he went for another drink, "However, I don't have any grades to back anything up."

Curt: "Luke is awesome, I'm so glad you said that, thank you." He said, smiling. "And you don't have grades? Those're what matters, my friend. You gotta give me something here. A thesis?"

Johnny: "Or I could just give you my word."

Curt: "The word of a popular jock?" He asked, cackling. "Tell me, what that means, this word of yours."

Johnny: "I'm not all popular jock."

Curt: "You so are...." He said chirpishly. "You know it... And look, if you have an inner nerd you need to let it out. And more importantly, you need to get in on my D&D group I'm starting."

Johnny: "I'm not quite to that level of nerd, but you could ask Sue. It'd do her good to get out of her room."

Curt: "... You don't really leave a room to play D&D... though it's admittedly more social than that silly World of Warcra-WAIT. Are you one of those MBI calculators? Those human math-equation-processors who play fantasy football annd baseball and win every year 'cause you memorize stats like a comic book nerd memorizes the number of appearances of Robin in a yellow cape instead of a green?"

Curt: "'Cause.... sir, we could make some serious money with that."

Johnny: "Well, baseball and football are pretty lame, but I could probably do that."

Curt: "Baseball mate, is America's pastime. And I may be Aussie on the outside, but in my heart of hearts, I'm American. Did I tell you I'm going for citizenship?"

Johnny: "No, you didn't," Johnny shook his head.

Curt: "I am. I'm planning on staying in the U.S., probably for good." He said, proudly.

Johnny: "Oh, yeah? Why? I mean, Australia was pretty cool, except for the giant scorpion man."

Curt: "Australia and I are done. I've got a life here now. From school, to the girlfriend and other friends, to my job? There's no reason to go back. Everything I need is honestly here." He looked at his watch. "I gotta go pretend I care enough about homework to muscle through it so I can have a late night with Laura though. We're gonna race again tonight. Route 34 is dead and police-free from about 2AM to 3 AM during their shift-change."

Johnny: "Well, I'll just finish these drinks myself..." Johnny nodded to them with a grin, "Don't die or anything tonight."

Curt: "Try not to." he said, winking at him, using his thumb to flip the bottle top to him. "Toodles!" he got up and tore off down the hall, excited to get to his assignment.