8/13 Instance: Loser says What?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

8/13 Instance: Loser says What?

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Connors: Curt pushed his plate away and leaned back into the booth, slapping his belly. "Oy... we can't do that again. All you can eat IHop... what a bad idea..."

Connors: A late Night date felt like the right thing to do, with both being night-owls, and being Laura had not yet been ... subjected, to the world of late-nite pancake diners, Curt took it upon himself to bring her. He assured her they should dress up.

Laura: Laura hadn't really been sure about the whole dressing up thing, but she had tried to look nicer than usual. She wasn't quite sure all the food you could eat had been such a good idea either. At this point, she was simply prodding at her plate of pancakes with her fork. "Agreed."

Connors: "Why did we do this..." he said, putting his head onto the table. "Oh man... what time is it-oooh maaaan, it's 5 am..."

Laura: "We agreed that pancakes sounded awesome around three, I think," Laura answered and made a slight face, "Do you have any morning classes?"

Connors: ".... Probably. What day is it?" he mumbled into the placemat.

Laura: "Tuesday."

Connors: "... I think so..." he said "Yeah... European Studies at 9 a.m.... I think I'll call out. I'm a senior. I get to do that." That made sense, right?

Laura: Laura's head tilted curiously, "Is that how it works?"

Connors: "... For today, it can be." He replied, sitting up. "Oof... The Milkshakes weren't the best idea ever. How many pancakes did we eat?"

Laura: "I was supposed to count?"

Connors: "You're right, it's better we don't." He knew it was somewhere between 17 and 20 between teh two of them. "I'm not sure if you know this, but my passions in life are biology, zoology, and pancakes." He smiled to her and let his hand slide over the table to hers, wrapping around it. "So,... was this worth it?"

Laura: Laura returned the smile and gave his hand a slight squeeze, nodding, "Well worth it."

Connors: "So ... how do you feel about the baldness, in all honesty? And if you don't like it, please tell Paige."

Laura: "It is..." she trailed off as she took it in once more. She'd studied him earlier, but she hadn't said anything about it. "It is strange."

Connors: "That's... okay." He nodded. "Do you like it?" he pryed.

Connors: "... You wanna touch it?"

Laura: "I am not sure..." she replied in answer to both questions.

Connors: "Okay... here..." he leaned forward, his bare, bald, head facing her. "It's very smooth. Try it."

Laura: Laura glanced around the mostly empty place and back to his head, reaching out to tentatively poke it.

Connors: Curt giggled. The poking was funny. "Put your hand on it, Laura. I promise it's safe."

Laura: "I am not sure I want to."

Connors: He laughed and leaned back up. "That's okay, I understand. I'm sorry, I'll let it grow back in."

Laura: "I believe I do prefer you with hair," she nodded.

Connors: "Okay, I think I'll learn my lesson, then. I promise, no more of this. Though, I repeat-- for my own safety --... blame Paige."

Connors: "Laura... can I ask you a serious question though?" He asked, putting his hat on and dropping the $24.00 for both the bill and the tip.

Laura: Laura glanced over to him as she slid from her seat, "Of course."

Connors: He got up as well and put his coat on, reaching to get hers off the hanger next and then offering to help her, his robotic arm finally being used for something other than eating for the first time that morning.

Connors: "I just,... I want to know if you've given any thought to the uh... kiss. From the concert."

Laura: She accepted the help with her jacket, brow furrowing at the comment, "Not particularly. Was it not okay? Should I be giving it more thought?"

Connors: "No, no! It was actually uh... great. I just want to know if you're okay with uh... more. Of that? Like, 'Oh hey, have a good night!', and then like, a small kiss?" He looked away, blushing. "Or long one? I dunno, whatever you're cool with..."

Laura: "That sounds acceptable. The former, that is." Laura wasn't quite sure about anything longer yet.

Connors: "Cool." He opened the door for her, waving at the surprisingly chirpy host. Do these people put cocaine in their milk? How can they be so giddy this early in the morning? he thought to himself.

Laura: Laura paid no mind to the hostess as she stepped out into the entry and made her way outside.

Connors: "So, have you thought about that question about your parents anymore?" he asked, getting onto his super sweet vespa.

Laura: "Not much," she shook her head, "I like to keep busy with my studies, and I am not certain how to even go about finding out who they are."

Connors: "Well,... if you ever think you might want to know, I'm sure I could take some blood and do some investigating for you. Whenever you're ready, there is absolutely zero pressure here." He assured her, bringing her in for a supportive hug as they approached his super sweet Vespa.

Laura: Laura wrapped an arm around him to return the hug, "I will consider the option some more and let you know."

Connors: "Good." He pecked her on the cheek and then considered the lips. He bit the bullet and went for it, a quick one. "Okay?... Uh... Race you to the school?" He asked, eyeing her incredible motorcycle from Rand Industries. Lucky Duck...

Laura: Laura blinked at the sudden kiss but grinned widely at the prospect of a competition, starting toward her bike. She would win. "I would like that." Because she liked winning.

Connors: "Of course you would." He said with a half smile... half frown. She was going to kick his ass.

Connors: "Alright... 1-2-3-LOSERS SAY WHAT!" He charged the bike and sped off, a fairly tame screech erupting from his fairly tame tires as they swirled over the cement.

Laura: "What?" Laura blinked and slowly shook her head. She got on her bike and counted slowly to ten in order to give him a decent head start. Then, she tore out of the parking lot and down the road after him.