8/10 Instance: Snow Angel

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

8/10 Instance: Snow Angel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timelined for the same day as the game on Sat 11th.

Jessica: Jess wandered down to the boathouse, carrying various bottles of things that she remembered liking the tastes of. Bottles were heavy. This was a new thing for her. As was the fact she couldn't hear anything from inside the house. She felt kind of deaf without her enhanced hearing... Shifting the weight of the bottles in her arms she managed to free a hand to knock on the door.

Bobby: Bobby stood up from the tank and stared at the door, though all he could see was a shadow in the side windows. "Hmm, who dat, Rae-Rae?" He raised the mouse to eye level and clucked his tongue at her, then turned toward the door.

Bobby: Letting the tiny critter hop to his shoulder, he opened the door and blinked. Jess. Jess and... a bar. "Hi?"

Jessica: "Hi..." she gave a slightly pained smile because ow heavy. "So... I'm trying something out and I need supervision..."

Bobby: "You...." She looked about to drop several of the bottles so he checked the mouse and took some from her. "You're going to try alcohol poisoning?"

Jessica: She shook her head, "Hopefully not.... I just wasn't sure what to bring..." She chewed her lip, "I'm on the patch... for just today..."

Bobby: "Ooooh. Okay." Bobby was still confused, but a little less so now. "You want to try being drunk, huh?"

Jessica: She nodded, "Yes... but I don't want to just go out as a huge group and try it that way because God only knows what kind of a mess they'd let me get into..." she rolled her eyes a little, "Soooo... I thought I'd try you and see if you wouldn't mind supervising... you're welcome to drink as well, obviously..."

Bobby: "You want me to be your drinking buddy and chaperone for the adventure, huh?" Bobby suppressed a grin, but not very well, and nodded. It made sense, he supposed. He was... safe? "I suppose I can do that."

Jessica: "Brilliant, thanks!" She smiled, "Now I have to put these down before my arms fall off...." She moved further inside and looked for a safe place to put the bottles. "I didn't realise these things were so heavy..."

Bobby: "Never knew how much you relied on your powers, did ya?" He showed her inside, taking a few more bottles and setting them down on the dining room table.

Jessica: "It's not so much reliance... It's more that I couldn't turn them off... you get used to things being a certain way...." she sighed with relief as the extra weight was lifted. "Like my hearing... it's so weird not being able to hear everything... nice but... weird..." she wrinkled her nose, "It's hard to explain..."

Bobby: "Hank and Scott tested the patch on me and a couple others with healing abilities," he said, letting the mouse run onto the back of his hand, where she sniffed in Jess's direction. "I get it. Most of what I do, I can turn off and on, but when I don't have my powers I can't really control my body temperature. So, yeah. I get it."

Jessica: "... Damn I should have tried this in the winter then I could have done normal winter things like snowmen..." she sighed, "Oh well, it's too late now..."

Bobby: He rubbed his neck unconsciously. No collar. "Wha'dya mean? You can just get another patch then." He shrugged. "Or for that matter, I could make it snow right now."

Jessica: She shook her head, "I can't... Scott said one time only or I have to go and talk to Dai about my feelings... and I don't want to..." she frowned. "I don't know what he thinks is going to happen..." She held her hand out to the mouse so she could be sniffed.

Bobby: Bobby rolled his eyes. Because of Rogue, probably. "I guess he's just being cautious." Mousy Rachel sniffed, one paw up, and then retreated back up Bobby's wrist.

Jessica: "He said something about it being addictive... but I don't see why... I mean, yeah it's nice not to have to worry about everything I do and say because of the pheromones but the rest I don't think I could go without for that long..." She smiled at the mouse.

Bobby: "Yeah... that's happened before. Some people who don't want to be mutants and all." He laughed at the mouse and went back to the aquarium, letting her rejoin her buddies. "In you go." Bobby closed the lid and turned back to her, eyeing the bottles. "So... where do you want to start?"

Jessica: Jess gave a small shrug. "I don't know... I got things I've been given before and kind of liked the taste of but from there I have no clue..." she gave him a slightly helpless look. "I've never done this before."

Bobby: "Okay, well, do you like fruit? Or soda? We should mix this stuff up. You sure don't want to be doing straight shots first off." He rubbed the back of his neck. "It probably won't take much your first time, to be honest."

Jessica: "Fruit's probably better? I don't know...." she pulled out a chair and sat down at the table. "This is all completely alien to me..."

Bobby: "Right." He picked out a bottle of vodka and went into the attached kitchen, calling back to her. "We should have some fruit juice, since Lorna's been forbidden caffeine."

Jessica: "Good, I'm sorry, I didn't think of that... See how bad I am at this?"

Bobby: "It's fine." Bobby rummaged around in the fridge and found cranberry and grapefruit juice. He pulled down two glasses and created some ice, pouring the drinks. In his head, he had been trying to craft the text message to send to Lorna about why there would be a drunk female student in their house. It just... didn't sound good.

Jessica: She smiled at him when he returned from the kitchen. "Thanks for doing this... I should probably have said something before but I only decided to try this thing out yesterday and I thought there'd be more time..."

Bobby: "It's okay." I'm helping Jess with something, explain later, seemed safest? Bobby went with that option and sent the message. "Really." He brought the glasses in and set one in front of her. "Try that."

Jessica: She offered another smile and took the drink, taking a sip. "Seems okay." she set the glass down, "So you've finished all your maintainence on the boaty things now?"

Bobby: "Yup." Bobby tsked at her and held up his own glass. "Just okay? I propose a toast, to drunken experimentation." He realized how that sounded, but shrugged with a lopsided grin.

Jessica: She laughed and raised her glass to his, "I guess I can drink to that." She had another sip, "It's so weird not knowing what's going to happen... There's so much stuff that I'd like to try.... one day isn't really enough..."

Bobby: "Like what?" Bobby took a drink and pulled out a chair to sit down across from her.

Jessica: "Well I mentioned the winter stuff... I can't do any of that normally... and just walking around somewhere... That probably sounds weird.... but you have no idea what a big thing that would be if I could do that all day and not have at least one asshole think he's fallen for me..." she rolled her eyes. "That's the only part about my powers I hate..."

Bobby: "Ah, yeah, the pheromone thing." He nodded and took another drink. "That... probably would be a bad thing to test out while drunk, yeah."

Jessica: "Yeah... so I had to pick one. This one seemed the easiest... and everyone's always sooooo sad when I tell them I've never been drunk." she wrinkled her nose again.

Bobby: He chuckled. "It can be fun, and it can be dangerous, so ... yeah. But it's an experience."

Jessica: "Well see, that's why I picked someone I trust to be drunk around the first time... not that I don't trust the others but they'll do something bad with me. I know they will... they're all horrible."

Bobby: "Well, I'm honored then." Bobby grinned at her and took another drink. "It helps to drink to get drunk." He nodded at her glass. "Unless you don't like it. I can try mixing something else."

Jessica: "No I do... Just feel like I should pace myself... maybe..." she eyed the glass and took another sip. "And you should be honoured."

Bobby: He nodded. "Pacing is actually a good idea, yeah." Bobby swirled the ice in his own glass. "I can filter it out if I get too wasted. Handy." He smirked at her. "I am. You can trust me. I've had this duty before."

Jessica: "You have? Were you any good at it?" She wondered what would happen if she removed the patch when she was drunk.

Bobby: "She came back in one piece and unmolested, so I guess so." The smirk grew to a real smile. "Her father didn't kill me, either."

Jessica: She laughed a little, "Well at least that doesn't have to be a concern of yours in my case... but it's good to know I picked the right person. I can have faith in my judgement even if no one else does."

Bobby: He snorted. "Yeah, well..." Bobby shrugged one shoulder and knocked back a larger drink.

Jessica: She raised an eyebrow, "Yeah well what?"

Bobby: "'If no one else does.'" He repeated it with a grunt. "It's nothing. Sorry." Bobby reached over and picked out one of the other bottles. Rum.

Jessica: She frowned a little, "I didn't mean about you... I'm sorry, that came out wrong..."

Bobby: "It's all right." He waved the bottle in dismissal and unscrewed the cap, taking a whiff. It reminded him of their last night truly together and he smiled a little sadly, glancing to the living room and the tribble sofa.

Jessica: She cocked her head on one side, watching him. "Is everything okay?"

Bobby: "Yeah, it's fine." Bobby shook it off and looked at the bottle, taking a swig straight from it for the hell of it before capping it. He savored the burn. "Feeling anything yet? I didn't make it very strong."

Jessica: She shook her head, "Not yet..." She double checked the patch was still working by trying to charge a venom blast in her hand. Nothing. "Maybe my tolerance is naturally good?"

Bobby: "Could be." Bobby leaned and picked through the bottles, finding one and getting up to fetch shot glasses. Pouring out the shots, he set one in front of her. "You got this one from Paige's stash. Try it."

Jessica: "I didn't steal anything. All this alcohol came from legitimate sources." she eyed the shot glass and grinned a little before taking the drink. Mmmm cake.

Bobby: "I didn't say you did," he laughed. "I'm sure she's left some around, anyway. She's got, like, a case of it." Bobby took his own shot and grinned at her. "Not bad, huh?"

Jessica: She nodded, "It's nice - I've tried it before... I forget when..." she frowned, "Anyway, I can legally buy all this stuff, I don't need to pilfer it from around the school - even though I know where they hide it."

Bobby: "It's hidden everywhere." Bobby poured them another round of shots. Taking his own, he inspected Chewbacca on the glass. "That school would go up like a torch in a fire just from all the booze stashes."

Jessica: She laughed a little, "It'd be spectacular though."

Bobby: "Very." He nodded toward her shot, eyebrow raised.

Jessica: She smirked a little and took the shot, "It's a good job you're supposed to be trying to get me drunk."

Bobby: "Well, yeah." Bobby poked out his tongue at her. "Maybe we should play a drinking game." He rethought that. "Well, or we should do one more shot and wait a few minutes to see how it hits you."

Jessica: "Or we could play it anyway? It might take that long to explain how it works to me."

Bobby: "Depends on the drinking game," he laughed. "Most of them are pretty simple, since drunks have to be able to do them. I just don't want you to get wasted and sick. That's no fun. For either of us."

Jessica: "Well if I feel like I'm going to fall over then it'll be a good time to stop, right?" She reasoned out.

Bobby: "Yeeeah, but sometimes it sneaks up on you." Bobby thought about it for a moment and drained his glass, setting it in the middle of the table. He fished in his pocket, coming up with a quarter that he flipped to her. "We'll try quarters."

Jessica: She had to concentrate more than usual but she managed to catch it. "And what are we doing with them?"

Bobby: "You have to bounce the coin off the table and get it in the glass. If you miss, you have to take a drink. Of course, the more you drink, the harder it is to hit the thing."

Jessica: "Wow so if you miss a couple of times you're really screwed, huh?" she grinned. At least now her math skills would be useful.

Bobby: "Yup, and that's kind of the idea." Bobby returned the grin.

Jessica: Catching her tongue between her lips, she bounced the coin on the table and cheered as it landed neatly in the glass. "How's that for a first-timer?!"

Bobby: "Very good!" Bobby clapped for her performance and fished out the quarter. He'd had more than her by now, but he managed to make the shot.

Jessica: Jess clapped for him too. A few tries later, and she had her first fail. "Oh no!" she feigned woe then grinned and took a shot.

Bobby: Bobby cackled and made his next shot with little problem.

Jessica: Jess deliberately missed her next one so she could hit him in the forehead with the quarter. She smirked at him as she took her shot that time.

Bobby: He made a face at her and frosted her shot glass, making his shot again. Two of them could do math in this room, after all.

Jessica: She laughed, "Ack! Cold!" But it wasn't doing bad things to her so that was a welcome change. She made her next shot even!

Bobby: So did Bobby, although he missed on his next turn and took a shot of rum for old time's sake.

Jessica: It was getting a little harder to focus now but she was still doing reasonably well. Another failed turn later though and it was all downhill from there.

Bobby: Bobby was feeling it now himself, realizing dimly that they needed to stop or he needed to sober up if he was going to keep an eye on her.

Jessica: She laughed as she missed again, resting her forehead on her arm on the table, "Nooo I'm getting so bad at this now!"

Bobby: "So, how do you feel?" She was drunk, he could tell, but he was curious.

Jessica: She frowned a little, "I feel...." she chewed her lip, "Pretty awesome, actually."

Bobby: "See! That's what we were telling you you were missing!" Bobby grinned at her happily.

Jessica: She giggled, "I like it. It's nice... I wouldn't like it all the time like some people apparently do but yeah... I can see why it's sad I never did this before..."

Bobby: "Yup!" The warm, fuzzy feeling was definitely welcome.

Jessica: She turned her head and smiled at him, still half lying on the table, "Thanks for this, you're really nice."

Bobby: "You're welcome!" He knew all his words were coming out a little high, but oh well. Suddenly, he got a great idea. "Hey, you wanna try that snow too?"

Jessica: "Now?" she lifted her head, blinking huge green eyes at him, "Really?"

Bobby: "Yeahuh!" He got up, just a little unsteady and went around the table to urge her up.

Jessica: Jess used the table to steady herself as she got to her feet, "Woah... this is like every time I try a new thing but it's not going away..."

Bobby: Bobby giggled a little at her babbling, going to the coat closet to grab her one of Lorna's jackets before he opened the door and went out onto the balcony overlooking the lake.

Jessica: She pulled the jacket successfully on after missing the sleeve a few times and followed him, stumbling slightly and grabbing his arm to stop herself faceplanting.

Bobby: He caught her and grinned, wrinkling his nose. This was way too fun. "Okay, you ready?"

Jessica: She nodded, grinning back excitedly, "Yes!" Snooooow! It always looked so pretty!

Bobby: Letting go of her, he weaved to the railing and concentrated. Since his head was spinning it took a moment, and he had to close his eyes. The moisture in the air concentrated, chilled, condensed.

Bobby: Soon, fat flakes started to fall from the overcast sky above the lake and boathouse.

Jessica: "Ooooh..." she watched the snow fall, holding out her hand to feel the flakes on her skin, marveling at her breath fogging the air. It was so different to be out in it and not having to worry about standing still and taking the time to enjoy it. She smiled at him.

Bobby: Bobby returned the smile, though she looked a little like she might cry. To derail that train, he crossed his eyes.

Bobby: The flakes sped up, the snow falling a little faster and heavier.

Jessica: She managed a small laugh at that before she turned her face upwards to let the snow fall on it too and get stuck in her hair, closing her eyes.

Bobby: He kept up the mini snow storm, and though the flakes melted everywhere else when they hit the warm ground, they stuck to the balcony and railing as he cooled them.

Jessica: She dropped her gaze to him after she opened her eyes and seized on the impulse to hug him tightly. "This is the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me."

Bobby: It surprised him, but he returned the hug. "Well, I'm extra honored then." Wow, she'd clearly had a shit life. It made him a little ashamed.

Jessica: She smiled, resting her head on his shoulder a little because the world was a little spinny still. "I think I get it now... why he said it was addictive..."

Bobby: "Yeah." Bobby patted her back. "But at least you get the experience."

Jessica: She nodded, "Thank you." She lifted her head to smile at him, "Really... I appreciate it a lot..."

Bobby: "You're welcome." Bobby gave her a grin, the snow still falling around them. It was then that he realized they were still holding each other up and let go of her, taking a step back to look out over the lake. "I'm confusing the hell out of the birds."

Jessica: She followed his gaze and laughed a little, "Aww, poor little guys..."

Bobby: "They'll be okay." Bobby slowed the snowfall over the lake, but let the fat flakes continue to drift down onto the boathouse. He formed a snowball in his hand and turned to look at her with a smirk.

Jessica: She took in the look and the ball of snow in his hand, "Nooo!" she covered her face with her hands and peeked out between her fingers.

Bobby: "It's an important part of the experience!" Bobby backed up from her and tossed the snowball, laughing when it splatted apart on her coat.

Jessica: She eeped a little at the impact and bent to gather some snow to throw right back but she forgot to factor in the dizzy and sort of just collapsed in a giggling heap on the floor.

Bobby: That was just too funny, he decided, breaking into giggles himself. "Okay... you're already down, so skip the snowball fight and make yourself a snow angel, babe."

Jessica: "Okay..." she flopped the rest of the way onto the floor and rolled onto her back, moving her arms and legs to make the snow angel, "Am I doing it right?" She cocked her head slightly.

Bobby: "Yup! You're the angel of the day." It was cute, and he kept giggling in little fits as he watched her.

Jessica: She grinned at him and lay in her angel shape on the floor, watching the snow still falling down. Nice. She smiled and closed her eyes again hoping that she wasn't too drunk to remember all this because she was actually happy.