8/9 Instance: Candy Consolation

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

8/9 Instance: Candy Consolation

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a day or two after Exterminators.

<Paige> Paige tossed her dirty clothes into her hamper and dug out the new candy she had purchased. Poor Bobby wasn't himself. Candy would fix that. And vodka. She pulled out another bottle and set it beside the couch.

<Bobby> Bobby pulled his hands from his pockets to knock on Paige's door, taking a look around the hall. Shave-and-a-haircut.

<Paige> "Come iiiiiiinnnnnnnnn!" Paige sang out, grabbing her jelly beans.

<Bobby> "Did you order a singing telegram, ma'am?" Bobby opened the door and poked his head in, giving Paige a half-hearted grin before coming inside. He headed for his sofa and flopped, head hitting the back with a thunk.

<Bobby> "Hi," he said, waving at her from his spot.

<Paige> Paigey plopped down beside him, offering him candy. "Hi! I though you could use some candy. Maybe vodka."

<Bobby> "Damn, you know me too well, Paigey." Bobby reached into the bag of candy and fished out a gummy octopus, dangling it over his nose before biting off a tentacle.

<Paige> "I try... so what's wrong?" She took a swedish fish and bit its head off.

<Bobby> "I suck." With her, he was totally giving over to having his sad. Bobby leaned against her, dropping his head to her shoulder.

<Paige> Paige frowned and rested her head against him. "Why would you think that?"

<Bobby> "The students are scared of me, Lorna just... tolerates me." He heaved a sigh and chewed his now-septipod.

<Paige> "Who is scared of you besides the crazy redhead?" Paige snuggled into him a bit.

<Bobby> "Clarice." Bobby slipped an arm around Paige, happy to be close. "I'm sure there are others. I just get... looks. It's why I've been staying out at the boathouse."

<Paige> "I don't understand why they are so scared of you. It's not like you went out on some homicidal rampage." She sighed and kissed the top of his head before lying her's back against it. "They couldn't be safer anywhere than with you."

<Bobby> "To them, I did. And I suppose they're kind of right... though we never wanted to hurt anyone at the school. Hope thinks I'm going to kill her, because of Teagan." Bobby closed his eyes.

<Paige> Paige rolled her eyes a bit. "That's just silly. You shouldn't let them get to you like this." She played with his hair a bit as they cuddled.

<Bobby> Bobby smiled contentedly, pretending just for a moment it was someone else. "It bugs me, but... I kind of expected it."

<Paige> "You're one of the nicest people I've ever known... So don't forget that. Ok?" She gave him another soft kiss to the top of his head. "Even if you do watch silly movies that I don't understand."

<Bobby> "But I wasn't for a while there. They have a right to be afraid." Lorna knew this, which was why he wasn't doing this with her after all.

<Paige> "I still don't understand it, but if you say so... you're still my sweetie Bobberz." She cuddled him again.

<Bobby> "Thanks, Paigey." Bobby sat up and reached over, pulling her to him and planting a kiss on her cheek. "So," he started, putting on a smile. "How are you?"

<Paige> "I'm just great. Classes are going well and I haven't been asked out by any creepers!" She giggled at him.

<Bobby> "Awesome! I mean, I can't scare off all your creepy dates, after all." He snatched another piece of candy.

<Paige> Paige laughed at him and took a gummy octopus. "What else are big brothers for?" She stuck her tongue out at him, then bit off an octopus leg.

<Bobby> "Well, I could noogie you, I suppose." He waggled his eyebrows at her.

<Paige> "Noooo! Not my beautiful hair!" She shielded herself with her arms.

<Bobby> Bobby laughed and flicked a curl before relaxing back into the pink sofa with another piece of candy. "Can't believe you undid my beautiful dye job."

<Paige> "I'm sooooooorrrrrrrryyyyy!" She pouted at him.

<Bobby> That just made him laugh harder.

<Paige> Paige shoved him a bit, laughing.

<Bobby> Bobby snagged another piece and popped it into his mouth, still snickering.

<Paige> "You are so bad!" She pouted at him again.

<Bobby> The snickers and giggles trailed off into comfortable silence as they ate their candy. Finally, Bobby took a deep breath. "Can I ask you something?"

<Paige> "You can always ask me anything, Bobberz. You know that." She tossed a skittle at his mouth.

<Bobby> He licked his lips. "Has Lorna... said... anything? Like, about me? Since we both moved back into the boathouse?"

<Paige> "We haven't really hung out... been busy with classes. Is something wrong?"

<Bobby> "No more than you'd expect, I guess." Bobby made a face. "I mean, it's better than it was. We can be in the boathouse together, we can be in the same room together, but... I sleep on the sofa. It's... awkward. I-I can't touch her... I feel like she just tolerates me."

<Paige> "Just give it some more time, Bobberz. That ordeal really hurt her, but I think that with time she'll remember how wonderful you are."

<Bobby> He frowned, looking down to study his hands and try to keep himself in check.

<Paige> Paige rested her head against him. "You know she loves you. That's over half the battle there."

<Bobby> "But am I?" His conversation with Clarice replayed in his mind. "After what I did, what I might have to do with SWORD? I keep saying I'm the same guy, but maybe I'm not. Maybe I'll never be him again."

<Paige> "Change isn't always a bad thing. Have you considered that you've changed for the better? You won't make those mistakes again. You've learned from them and grown from them."

<Bobby> He shrugged.

<Paige> Paige nuzzled him a bit. "You're still the nerdy, sweet, kind hearted guy who taught me how to ice skate. You're still Bobby. Don't forget that. But we change... and what happened changed you, so it's up to you to decide for better or worse."

<Bobby> Bobby rolled his head to the side to look at her, a faint smile quirking up one corner of his mouth. "What would I do without you, Paigey?"

<Paige> "Be stuck with horrible looking hair." She teased him, kissing his cheek.

<Bobby> He grinned and tugged at a curl again. "I'm still mad about this."

<Paige> Paige swatted at his hand. "You tried to strip your hair without me. So don't even." She poked him playfully.

<Bobby> "So you want me to strip with you?" Bobby widened his eyes and put on a dirty grin. "I'll keep that in mind."

<Paige> "Bobby!" Paige shoved him again with a laugh.

<Bobby> He joined in on the laughter and grabbed a jelly bean to chuck at her.

<Paige> Paige caught it in her mouth, smirking at him as she chewed it.