8/8 Instance: They All Come To Paige

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

8/8 Instance: They All Come To Paige

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

[After Instance: Not Cut Out For This ]

Curt: Curt rapped on Paige's door, bottle of vodka in the hand he knocked with. He realized the vodka might get shaken and he put it under his arm. Wait, isn't vodka supposed to be shake? Not stirred? What if it's flavored? Grapefruit vodka looked... good. He wasn't big on alcohol, but he knew Paige probably was. Alcohol was involved in the last hair-experience.

Curt: He decided a bag of skittles wouldn't hurt his chances either. So he had two of those in his pockets.

Paige: Paige hopped up from her couch and opened her door, a bit surprised to see Curt. "Hellooooooooo!"

Curt: "Hey! I brought you alcohol and sweets." He handed her the bottle and then fished his pockets for the Skittles. "I hope you like Skittles. Supposedly, you can taste the rainbow."

Paige: "Heee! I love skittles! Thanks!" Paige took the presents from him happily.

Curt: "Great! Well... I was told Vodka was a necessary element in the last uh... hair-experiment." He shrugged.

Paige: "To get Bobby to dye his hair pink? Absolutely! We never turn down good vodka around here though. Waaaaaaaaaaait... experiment? What are you wanting to experiment?"

Curt: "... I uhhh.... wanna do something different. My hair's getting shaggy I've had a couple of ideas. I want to do something different. See if it gets a reaction, maybe some people will notice, y'know? I'm thinking perhaps .... a shave?"

Paige: "Welllll I have some books in the lab if you want to look through them?"

Curt: "Oh... sure." He shrugged again, indicating he had no idea what he was doing here. He looked desperate. Maybe even pathetic.

Paige: "Well let's go!" She linked her arm with his and headed for her lab.

Curt: He awkwardly did the arm link and went in with her. "Paige, can I ask ou a question?"

Paige: "You don't have to ask permission," She giggled at him a bit.

Curt: "Well... I just.... I wanna know if you can give me your opinion on something from a uh... girls' perspective?"

Paige: "Of course I can! What do you want to know?"

Curt: "Am I good looking? Not handsome, just... am I like,... I dunno? Cute at least?" He felt awkward asking this, turning red. "I tried working out the other day, being I was sorta unsatisfied with my self-image aaand... that was a bust."

Paige: "Curt... I don't know that it's appropriate for me to comment on your... cuteness.... level as a professor... buuuuut... IIIIII think you're cute."

Curt: "Oh..." Crap, that's right... she's a teacher. How the hell did he forget that? Probably 'cause she didn't act like one. "Well... thanks. Sorry to ask that, I realize now that might not've been appropriate. I'm sorry." If he could get redder, he did.

Curt: "So... yeah thanks then. I just... I was hoping there was a little more to Laura agreeing to date me than uh... you're going to be a good guy for me to have a first relationship with..."

Paige: "Awww I'm sure there is more to it than that. Why are you overanalyzing your relationship?"

Curt: "I'm a scientist?" He argued. "Also, I'm bored. School's started, the work load is low. And I'm focusing most of my time at the Wonder Labs but unfortunately there's nothing totally interesting/time consuming there."

Paige: "Well it sounds like you need a new project then!" Paige gestured for him to take a seat in the chair once they reached the lab.

Curt: He took the seat with a magazine in hand flipping through. "... Why do guys get these bouffant-coif, things? What's with the Will Ryker look? Who wants to be Will Ryker anymore? The Picard look is the timeless one."

Paige: "Well... I don't know who any of those people are..." She put the apron on him, adjusting the seat to the right height.

Curt: "Right, forgot. Nerd. Sorry, they're Star Trek characters. Point is, shaved is simple. Timeless. It doesn't take a lot of work, I'd think, and it's easily replicated over and over." He looked up. "Am I right?"

Paige: "Uhhhhh well... if you're concerned about how you look to Laura, maybe you should ask her?"

Curt: "Well... I also want to do something surprising. I don't think she'll really have an opinion until she sees it, y'know? Also, I want to do something different for myself too. I'm sorta tired of the pencil-pusher look."

Curt: He eyed the Vodka. "... I'm even interested in that alcohol, and I never get interested in alcohol. Something's wrong with me. I must be confident within a relationship or something..."

Paige: "I don't think there's anything wrong with you. As we grow up we try new things." She eyed the vodka. She hadn't had any since the last time with Bobby, and that had ended horribly. She went for a skittle instead. "So shaved it is!" She got out her clippers.

Curt: Curt reached for the vodka. "Hold on... I'm gonna need some liquid courage..." he took a long pull and then put his hand out for some skittles while he tried to swallow. "Gaaah! Whoa! Comrade Curt loff Fvodka!"

Paige: Paige laughed at him, offering him some skittles. "Well... you don't typically just drink straight vodka."

Curt: "It's flavored!" He argued, hoping that would change the burning sensations. It didn't. He added skittled. That sorta helped.

Paige: Paige giggled at him again. "Well, there's a bit of bottle of cake vodka around here somewhere if you want that instead."

Curt: "Atop of grapefruit?" He thought about it. "Deal. Also, how short are we talking? I don't know if I want bald... you tell me, is bald worth it these days?"

Paige: "That's up to you... I can do a buzz cut if you want." She studied his hair, looking through her guides.

Curt: "Whaaeeellll...." He didn't even realize he was already putting the grapefruit vodka back to his lips. As he drank, his eyes got wide. He pulled it away quickly, some spilling on his knee. "Ghullaf!" He shook his head. "All of it!" He squeaked, his face squished together.

Curt: "Do it all."

Paige: "Sure thing!" Paige turned on the clippers and started to shave his head.

Curt: "Ohhhh.... Myyyy.... Gooooood....." He watched her in the mirror. She was shaving. His head. "H'ooooh... shit." He needed more vodka.

Paige: Paige giggled at him. "Hold still! I don't want to mess up!"

Curt: "You're shaving it all? What's to mess up!?" He asked with more snorting and laughing.

Paige: "Well I was hoping you didn't ask... because I don't have an answer for that." She laughed again, continuing to shave his head.

Curt: "Cool! I can live with that. Hold on, more vodka." He reached quickly for it.

Paige: Paige paused to give him a chance to take a drink. "Is it good?"

Curt: "No..." he said, shaking his head. "Vodka is.... not good."

Paige: Paige laughed and patted his shoulder. "I'll get out the cake vodka after I finish you hair."

Curt: "God, please..." He looked at his head. "Oh my GOD! What in the hell?" His accent was slipping again, strongly. "What the heck is going on? You giving me a two-face look? I have half a shaved hea-oh there you go."

Paige: Paige shook her head at him. "Have some faith! I'm very good at what I do."

Curt: "You would have to be for Bobby to not get shot in the head with that pink-hair. He didn't look half-bad. You should see if you can corner Sue. She's gonna need some kind of make-over soon, poor thing is locked in her room miserable-OH! You know what I just realized! Half skittles..." He reached over to the counter without warning grabbing the bag.

Curt: "And half vodka!" He took the bottle. "You in!?"

Paige: "Hee! You go ahead. It's not safe to do hair drunk!" She giggled at him. "And thank you. It's always nice to have my work admired."

Curt: "It's nice to have my admired worked on!" He countered.

Curt: "Waitasec... Well, point is, I'm having my hair shaved and it's awesome. Thanks."

Paige: "I just hope you feel that way when you're sober again." She grinned at him.

Curt: "I'm not drunk, am I?" he asked, trying to twirl in the chair to look at her as he spoke.

Paige: Paige grabbed ahold of the chair to keep it from spinning. "Hold still! Nearly done." She worked on the last bit of his hair. "And I think it's safe to say, yes."

Curt: "Nooooo, I don't get drunk! I write Haikus!"

Curt: "And I do chemistry! I'm smart, smart people don't drink things like that!"

Paige: "Well you just drank about half of that bottle of vodka..."

Curt: "Nooo..." He looked at it. "... Whoa."

Paige: "What do you think?!" She turned off the clippers and set them aside.

Curt: He looked up. "Whoa. Shaved. Nice! I like it, a lot..." He smiled at her next, while still looking in the mirror. "Thanks You're awesome!"

Paige: "I know, I know." She giggled and gave him a hug. "Now go show your girlfriend! I bet she likes it."

Curt: "Lauraaaa!" He called as he stumbled out of the chair, taking the hair locks and plastic apron with him.

Curt: "Wait, where's the vodka? Oh, in my hand." He put it down. "Can't take that, don't want her knowing I got drunk when I did this."

Paige: Paige giggled at him again. "Well good luck!" She waved at him after taking the bottle.

Curt: "Thanks you too! Tell the -ohp that's a wall. I'll call you when I get a chance, tell you how it went." he took out a 50 dollar bill and left it on the table. "Tip, right? You're supposed to tip? I don't remember. Whatever, I'm going. Door... door... door..."

Curt: He found the knob and pulled it open. "Awesome! Here we go! Look ou! Brand new Curt Connors coming through!"
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: 8/8 Instance: They All Come To Paige

Post by Svartfreja »

Curt: "Wait, where's the vodka? Oh, in my hand." He put it down. "Can't take that, don't want her knowing I got drunk when I did this."
Oh Curt, hun, I think she might notice...
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Nerd failure! It's Riker.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:<

I know. I saw that later. It was really late I did that instance. OH well....