8/6 Instance: Relativity Of Normal

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

8/6 Instance: Relativity Of Normal

Post by Starfish »

Timelined for the day after [Instance]Frienemies.

Jessica: Jess breathed in deeply and tried to push all the niggling thoughts out of her mind. She needed to relax. Today was a new day. And today she was going to get back into her normal routine. Which meant Tai Chi on the lawn before classes.

Jack: Jack was determined to finish his jogging, no matter how many crazy feral animal mutants were out there, ready to hunt him down and feast upon him... he never had these things to worry about back in Vegas, he thought. Jack perked up when he realized he was getting to the end of the path, seeing the lawn of the Mansion... oh... and Jessica as well. Wouldn't hurt to say hi, he thought with a smile.

Jessica: Jess didn't see Jack because she was focused on what she was doing and because she had her eyes closed. She heard someone, however, and wondered if they were going to just walk by or approach her.

Jack: Jack's pace slowed down the closer he got to her, until he had to stop... unless he 'accidentally' walked into her... no she mentioned the boundaries thing a couple of times. Jack ended up sitting down on the grass, then laying back next to her, and watched her until she took notice of him.

Jessica: She cracked an eye open, "I can stop if you want to talk to me? Or are you just enjoying the view?"

Jack: Jack just smiled, "I'm fine just watching until you're done." he said, "I just wanted to ask something personal... but that can wait until you're done."

Jessica: "I can be done right now, I'll just pick it up again later." She ran a hand through her hair and sat down beside him, "What did you want to ask?"

Jack: His head was starting to swim a little, as well as some thoughts. His attention snapped back, "Oh, um, I was just wondering... how can I put this... how many sexual partners a week would be normal for a normal person? Not that I'm asking you how many do you have, I'm just wondering if you would know."

Jessica: "For a normal person? I don't know... I guess as many as they felt like sleeping with?" she gave a small shrug, "I doubt I'm the best person to ask - I don't think I could be considered normal especially not on that subject..."

Jack: Jack's ears sagged. "Oh... so... around um..." Jack rubbed his nose trying to think straight. "So.. uh... around seven or eight different people in a week seems normal then?"

Jessica: "My record is thirty-seven."

Jack: "In a week?"

Jessica: She nodded, "Yep. If you beat that then you might have a problem."

Jack: "Damn, mine was only twenty-six... great... I kind of feel better... I guess..." Jack said, staring off into nothingness, and then staring off into Jessicaness. He blinked and shook his head. "Sorry, hard concentraitng around you. You make my tummy feel happy." he said leaning towards her and looking up at her.

Jessica: She laughed a little and petted his head. "It's just the pheromones talking. I warned you about those."

Jack: "Uh-huh... doesn't change the fact it feels nice." he said, ears going down back against his skull as he leaned more in against her petting hand.

Jessica: "Well I'll probably freak out less about it now, so there's that." she gave him a small smile, "Why are you worried about this stuff anyway?"

Jack: "Hmm? About what?" he asked a little scatterbrained. Then it came back, "Oh, just my dad mentioned that I should... you know, slow down. It got to me seeing that I did the naughty with someone at the airport... and someone on the plane.. and then someone at the airport again after we landed. Different someones." he blabbed.

Jessica: "Oh..." she frowned a little, absent-mindedly continuing her petting. "Well... are you happy with how you are?"

Jack: "Yeah, I guess I am... I mean.." his thoughts trailed off a bit as he leaned into a nice harder stroke. "What was I... oh yeah, I think I'm okay with it. I don't think I'll end up with someone permanent... I mean... I kind of feel like I need to be with someone really badly... and then afterwards, I meet someone else.. and I feel the same way with that person."

Jessica: "It could be a mutation thing..." she gave a shrug, "But as long as you're careful and you're happy then noone has any right to tell you that's wrong."

Jack: Jack' head cocked a little at the mutation remark. "Mutation thing?" he asked. "So I can safely say bumping uglies regularly with random people is my normal?"

Jessica: She nodded, "Yeah... sweetie, you're a giant rabbit." She patted him sympathetically.

Jack: His brows furrowed, "Don't tell anyone... but I actually do like carrots. Not comically bugs bunny, but... yeah..."

Jessica: She giggled, "Well that's okay. I like carrots too, they're very nice."

Jack: "I tend to chew things to death. That's why I never use pencils when making notes. They don't last long."

Jessica: "Well you can chew pens too... it's just messier." Jess pointed out with a grin.

Jack: "Okay, but how's this. If I get surprised or scared, I get an unstoppable urge to tap my feet repeatedly against the floor."

Jessica: She laughed a little, lying back on the grass, "That's adorable."

Jack: "It's embarassing." Jack told her, "Once went on a haunted house ride, you know those slow rides where these tacky ghost things jump out of the walls and stuff? I was, um... fourteen I think, yeah fourteen, Stacy was fifteen, anyway, where was I?" he wondered.

Jack: "Right, before my cart thing even got to the exit, my feet was literally thumping the floor so loud the carnival people asked me to get off."

Jessica: She laughed, "Aww I'm sorry. Maybe you just need to desensitise yourself to this stuff?"

Jack: "Oh I try... the gnawing chewing thing? I tried using that god awful bitter spray stuff you use to stop dogs from chewing furniture. Sprayed on pencils and pens. It works up to a point, that point being when the can is empty."

Jessica: "We could get you a gnawing block for your room?" she suggested with another small grin.

Jack: "Think we should?" he asked, "Might be useful... just don't tell anyone about it. Will probably have to make up a reasonable excuse for having one when my roommate asks about it."

Jessica: "Tell him you're taking up carving?" she offered.

Jack: "I might end up gnawing a little figurine to keep up appearances."

Jessica: "Hey that could be a good side project you could make money that way."

Jack: "Just as long people don't find out their figurines were delicately crafted from my mouth?"

Jessica: "I'm sure there's even a niche market for that somewhere. There's one for everything." She nodded sagely. "Trust me, I lived in the right place for that."

Jack: Jack nodded, and just layed quiet on the grass for a moment while his head got petted. He finally broke the silence with, "You wanna bump uglies?"

Jessica: She raised an eyebrow at the suddenness of the question, then sighed a little. "Not right now... I just got out of a relationship and I don't really feel like it..."

Jack: "..ah, okay...." he sat and thought for a moment. "Would you feel better if I broke your record of thirty six in a week?"

Jessica: "Thirty-seven." she corrected, "And no, not really... I had a different reason for having that many than you..."

Jack: "How about a cup of tea?" he asked.

Jessica: She smiled a little, "Tea would be very nice."

Jack: Jack waited until the stroke over his head was done before he quickly pushed himself up and brushed off the grass from his pants... and fur. He held out a hand to help Jessica up.

Jessica: Jess took the help up and gave him a quick hug, "Thank you for trusting me enough to ask these things. Means a lot." she kissed his cheek.

Jack: He felt like jelly in her hands after the kiss. As they walked towards the mansion, he added, "I'm also available for any rebound sex when you're in the mood. I'm great at being the rebound."
PsychoKez056
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: 8/6 Instance: Relativity Of Normal

Post by PsychoKez056 »

This is pretty adorable guys ^^
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: 8/6 Instance: Relativity Of Normal

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Adorable. Despite the random attack on his life, curt and jack actually have a lot in common in respects to animalistic/primative behaviors. Curt, for instance, can't help himself. If there's raw steak around and no one is looking? Down the hatch. Hes pet birds, bit in the back of his heqr he's wondering if subtropic birds taste spicier than northern birds.

That said, jack is tragically adorable.