7/4 Instance: More Humane

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

7/4 Instance: More Humane

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after Paying The Price

<Bobby> After a while, having a staring contest with Darren got old. Then trying to avoid his gaze got old too. Finally, Bobby just leaned his head back against the chair and closed his eyes.

<Bobby> This collar was more -- humane? -- than the one Essex had used on him. More streamlined, less pointy and clunky. But in this position every time he swallowed his Adam's apple rubbed against it. He was starting to feel cold, too.

<@Lorna> There was only so much work Lorna could make up having to do at the school before even she would admit that was probably it for the day and make it back to the apartment. Truth be told she felt a little guilty having to stay with Darren and Selene, unable to help the feeling of intruding on their space when so much crap was all ready going on.

<@Lorna> Right now, though, Lorna was just ready to crash as she fumbled with the door knob, yawning as she stepped inside. What awaited her on the other side, however, woke her right up. "...what the hell happened here?"

<Bobby> Bobby's eyes shot open. The collar nearly choked him as he turned to look up at Lorna. Fuck. He felt like a deer facing an oncoming truck.

<@Lorna> There was a scraping noise of a seat being moved as Darren made a graceful exit, leaving Lorna staring at Bobby for another minute. Oh, there were so many things she still wanted to say to him, wanted to scream, but she went with the first thing in her mind. "Exactly why are you collared right now?"

<Bobby> Oh, and mister punch-you-through-the-wall leaves now. He stared at Darren's back almost longingly.

<Bobby> Finally, he sighed and met her eyes. "I turned myself in."

<@Lorna> Lorna just stared ahead at that, feeling herself sputter as she was sure that was the last thing she had expected without skipping to the bizarre and assuming Bobby was starting a heavy metal band and needed a gimmick. "I...um..." What the hell do you say to that?

<@Lorna> She stepped in properly now, making sure the door was shut and taking up the seat now freshly vacated.

<Bobby> Bobby shifted positions, but there wasn't much he could do with his hands, bound up together in what looked like plastic and metal boxing gloves. "Lorna, I..." he sighed, looking at her while she wasn't looking at him and working past the lump in his throat.

<Bobby> "I made a deal, with SHIELD. They'll leave everyone else alone."

<@Lorna> "Then what happens to you?" Her voice had went softer than she would have liked it but she couldn't exactly bring out any energy to keep what would have been a facade on. Her anger wouldn't come for this and she had spent enough time steeling herself up througout the day she just didn't want to have to for a moment right now.

<Bobby> "I don't know." He bit down on the inside of his cheek to keep himself in check at her tone. "It doesn't matter. I-I know I fucked up. Even though... even though we intended for things to go -- I don't know -- better. Different. I read the mission reports. I know SHIELD was after the school. That they wanted Clarice and the rest."

<Bobby> "Now they'll be safe." He snorted. "Hopefully. You all will be. From this, at least."

<@Lorna> It doesn't matter? Lorna could be furious enough to decide she wanted a necklace out of his teeth but she was still going to think that mattered. She let her mouth go shut, however, knowing she couldn't argue that point because, well, she didn't know any other option either now that this was presented in front of her.

<@Lorna> Eddie's digging little comment about her not being able to be objective seemed to have just found her and smacked her in the face. "Did...did Darren think that you're...your turning yourself over would be enough?"

<Bobby> He shrugged one shoulder. He expected her to be yelling again, maybe even to beat the shit out of him, like Darren. "He said Fury wouldn't believe I was behind everything, but he'd understand what we were trying to do."

<@Lorna> "And Fury's given us a bit of help here and there in the past." Lorna nodded, leaning forward and rubbing her hands over her face.

<Bobby> "Yeah." Bobby sucked in a breath and nodded to himself. Now or never. "I, uh... I never wanted things to end this way." His voice came out far huskier than he intended and he snorted. "I never wanted them to end at all."

<@Lorna> She could feel the air burning her eyes now as she fought to not let them water up. "Yeah, I think we can safely say this isn't what us or anyone would have wanted."

<Bobby> "I saw the boathouse." Her eyes were bright, the rims getting red and he looked away to keep control.

<@Lorna> "....yeah...I sort of lost my hold on things." Lorna's voice went a bit higher as she found herself feeling sheepish that he had actually seen that.

<Bobby> Bobby laughed softly at that. "I saved a few things."

<@Lorna> "Good...good." She looked down at her hands for a moment before clasping her knees and trying to sit straighter.

<@Lorna> "....this would be so much easier if I could just yell the things I've been wanting to yell at you." She choked out a laugh.

<Bobby> "I'm so sorry, Lorna." Her awkward laugh made his voice crack and he bit his lower lip. "I know... what I did... that in a lot of ways it's unforgiveable, but I am."

<@Lorna> "Yeah..." She wasn't sure she could actually say she forgave him. "I mean...I know why you did what you did."

<Bobby> Bobby just nodded. "Darren said -- he said I'll probably never see you again."

<@Lorna> And there was the punch in the gut that Lorna had been afraid was coming all along but had been afraid to even ask. "Yeah, I doubted SHIELD had visiting hours really..."

<Bobby> "No conjugal visits." It was out of his mouth before he thought it through, but that was the effect she had on him. He winced. "Sorry," he tried to smile.

<@Lorna> The laugh came out even before Lorna was aware of it but she couldn't really make it last long as she gave a pre-emptive wipe of her eyes. "So...you're really sure you want to do this?"

<Bobby> "No," he choked out, his own eyes stinging. Blinking rapidly, he laughed again, this time sounding strangled. "But hopefully it'll help fix some of this mess."

<@Lorna> She nodded, knowing that this was the best way out of this whole mess. "So, when are they coming to get you?"

<Bobby> "Any time now, I guess." In fact, they were probably past due. "Look," he started, but found his voice completely failed him. He closed his eyes and tried to wipe at them with his forearm.

<Bobby> Clearing his throat, he tried again. "I-If they'll let me, I'll sign papers. You shouldn't have to be tied to this..." Sense, he was making none. "Divorce."

<@Lorna> Lorna could practically feel the colour washing out of her face. "I..." She slumped back again, sighing and letting the back of her head lightly hit the wall. "I don't...there's not much of a choice, is there?"

<Bobby> "It makes me feel better that you don't seem thrilled at the opportunity," he laughed and this time the tears did spill over.

<@Lorna> "I think we can safely say this was not how either of us want this to go." Sure, she had her doubts of the salvagability of their marriage from all of this but she hadn't exactly wanted to draw up any papers or anything and here it was with not only that but more than likely never see one another again in any capacity? "I do love you."

<Bobby> "I love you too." This was why he didn't want to see her, why it was harder than anything he'd done today. Now he just wanted to stay, to try to fix things.

<@Lorna> The pre-emptive eye-rubbing had not done it's job one bit. "I...I'm proud of you to, you know, for doing this. I mean...I wish you didn't have to, of course but," she couldn't actually say anything else, feeling her throat sieze up on her.

<Bobby> Oh God, and now she was really crying. Bobby scooted to the edge of the chair. "C-can I at least get a hug?"

<@Lorna> She still couldn't answer but she did work up to a nod.

<Bobby> He got up and went to her, though crouching was awkward without the use of his hands. God, he just wanted to hold her.

<@Lorna> There was a moment of temptation in Lorna's mind to rip the handcuffs up but they all ready had enough things to explain to SHIELD as it was. She was up the second he was crouching over her, throwing her arms around his shoulders. "Be careful, okay?"

<Bobby> "I will." Bobby closed his eyes and leaned into her. He knew he was shaking and now he didn't care. Turning his head, he kissed her cheek and pressed his face into her hair. "You're the most awesome woman I've ever known, Dee."

<@Lorna> "We're awesome." Lorna got out. What had happened was a problem and she couldn't pretend it wasn't, but what had happened didn't erase everything else. "And I'm never going to meet someone quite as awesome as you, Sweetcheeks."

<Bobby> It made him smile, but it hurt. "Of course you're not," he said, forcing a laugh and pulling back enough to look at her. Bobby hesitated once, then leaned in and kissed her.

<@Lorna> Kissing and crying was not something that worked well together but Lorna made it work as well as she could, holding onto him while he was still here.

<Bobby> He tried to put everything into it, tasting both their tears and memorizing how she felt, how she smelled.

<Bobby> A throat cleared from the nearby doorway and he reluctantly broke the kiss to look at Darren. It was time to go.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Re: 7/4 Instance: More Humane

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Awwww! :bawl
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

I hate you guys.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It's like when Captain America told Peggy he'd come get her/they'd see each other again and go on that date!

Ow.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

D'Awwwwwwwwwwww... *wibblebawls*
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

I hate you guys, so, SO much.

:bawl
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

:bawl I feel like such an asshole now.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

OMG! :bawl :bawl :bawl I haven't cried like that during an instance since Sam died. WTF you guys! :bawl
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

:eeevil

Yesssss, we feed off of your tears!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Is this the end of Bobby Drake?

Or is this the start of something different...