5/18 Instance: The What-erhood

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

5/18 Instance: The What-erhood

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Jason> "..." Jason glanced up at the restuarant Rogue's text had directed him to and frowned. Now, his personal tastes towards the ostentatious probably clouded his appreciation for the likes of Metatokyo but business was business. After all, after the bus ride back into town from where 'Herald' had dumped him this was not going to be the worst place he found himself this month.

<@Jason> So, with a determined sigh, Jason went inside and made to find Rogue and Bobby.

<Rogue> Rogue passed Bobby a purple colored drink in a martini glass and made an interested face at her own oddly colored drink. "Bottoms up?"

<Bobby> "Did you check for tentacles?" He used his straw to poke around in the glass and then took a drink. He coughed.

<@Jason> "Next time," Jason stopped at the edge of the booth, leaning against the side of it. "Next time I'm choosing the place and I really hope you're joking about the tentacles because I have a feeling they'd try that here."

<Rogue> Rogue smirked as Jason walked up and she scooted down for him to be able to get in too. "Ah picked this place 'cause Ah thought ya liked tentacles."

<Bobby> "Try it? It's on the menu. Tentacles cost extra. Except I think my old boss would like to slip me the tentacle, so..." Bobby lifted a hand and a reluctant smile to the man in question.

<@Jason> "I think I'll pass for now. I've never been fond of any animal with more legs than I can keep my eyes on." Jason did take a seat though, eyeing the menu trying to settle on something that looked safe enough.

<Rogue> "Ah think they have salads? Ah wouldn't try tha soup though... Ya can hide shit in there." She looked over at Bobby, then back at Jason, "So, ya wanna tell 'im 'r should Ah?"

<Bobby> "You go for it, Doll. I'm still inspecting my drink." He picked at it and took another sip, sloshing it around his mouth. Jason had never been his BFF, and the guy seemed even shadier somehow.

<@Jason> "Oh, are we both exchanging news then?." Jason couldn't help but look about the place though he was fairly sure with the racous nature of the place he wasn't going to be overheard nor run into anyone he didn't really want hearing what he had to say about what had been happening. "By all means, I think I'll have to get a drink in me before I can piece my news together."

<Bobby> "Really? There's news on your front?" Bobby sat up a bit at that. He signaled Claude to come over to get Jason a drink. "Let me guess, some other asshole has decided to come for us. You get roughed up by Friends of Humanity on the way over?"

<Rogue> Rogue frowned at both of them. Why did she have to give all the news? "Fine. Ah'll tell both of ya. Bugs, Jason an' Ah're closer than ya think. An', Jason, we have big fish ta fry... Somethin' 'bout tha Apocalypse. We need ta get ta him. Now."

<Bobby> "...Closer..." Bobby wrinkled his nose a bit.

<@Jason> "Well, what do you know then, my news relates with this Apocalypse business apparently as well." He sighed, wishing he had done this before but, considering the circumstances, it wasn't really something that hsould be shared with everyone. "...not like that."

<Bobby> "Well, I didn't think she was your type..." Female, and all, he thought. Focus!

<Rogue> Rogue frowned at Bobby, "Hey! Ah ain't that bad!" She crossed her arms under her chest, ignoring Jason's 'not like that' comment. "And what if it is like that?"

<Bobby> "Well I don't mean you!"

<Rogue> "Oh no?"

<Bobby> "Well, no. He's not your type either!" He waved the drink vaguely at Jason, then remembered Jason was, in fact, there.

<@Jason> Jason was just allowing himself this moment of amusement, watching their exchange. "I think we've well established that nobody at this table is interested about anyone else in that way, yes?"

<Bobby> "Yeah. Sorry... stress. I'm gonna blame it on stress, man." Bobby gave Jason a nod and took another drink.

<Rogue> Rogue thought about it for a minute then shrugged in acceptance of Bobby's save. "Fine. But we did get closer."

<Bobby> Bobby gave her a look, and was saved by Claude's arrival to take Jason's drink order.

<@Jason> Jason ordered quickly, glad to get Claude on the way but also hoping that a drink would get him to relax. "So...'Pestilence' essentially handed your guy's team of that day their asses on a silver platter, yes?" He started once Claude was on his way. "Well, I know where he and 'Herald' were the night before."

<Bobby> Bobby paused, glass half to his lips. "Where?" He leaned forward, not distracted anymore.

<Rogue> "What? How?" Rogue shifted in her seat to stare at Jason, "Where," she echoed Bobby.

<@Jason> "They broke into Albus Rex." Jason paused as he saw Claude approaching again, gladly taking his drink.

<Rogue> "Shit," she breathed out slowly. "Legacy." Wait... Rogue frowned, "Essex wouldn't need ta break in. Would he?"

<Bobby> Bobby was watching this exchange with narrowed eyes.

<@Jason> Once Claude was away Jason sighed, looking down at the drink. "He would if I had had all of his old records shipped to the local office here...taken down to Reed's lab...and some 'additional' research done on it."

<Bobby> Bobby paused and licked his lips. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

<Rogue_> "Shit," she repeated. "Has Reed's lab been compromised?" Rogue paused, "Wait... 'additional' research? What does that mean?"

<@Jason> "The only two people who could get to to it was myself and Reed and, well, since Reed's Pestilence I suppose that was easy enough." Jason grumbled about it, finding it to be an almost personal insult.

<@Jason> "The legacy virus. Reed was working on it down there to understand it more and see what else could be done with it."

<Bobby> "Am I invisible? What the fuck are you two talking about?" He paled at Jason's response.

<Rogue>"What else could be done with it?! It murdered mah fiancee! What tha hell more did ya need from it?!" Rogue fought pushing Jason out of the booth. "We never agreed ta more testin'. An' if we did, none o' y'all ran it by me."

<Bobby> "...you two.... wait, 'y'all'... wait, what?" Bobby didn't know what was going on, but he knew he was about to be very, very pissed. "You two -- Reed! And God knows who else -- were fucking around with legacy? Why? For fucking shits and giggles?! For the fucking company that started the whole fucking thing in the first place?!"

<Rogue> "No. No! Ah was not involved in this fuckin' decision."

<Bobby> "But you were involved in others?!" His voice was starting to rise.

<@Jason> 'If I might interrupt the meltdown I would like to point out that we are still in public." Jason did his utmost to keep his voice at a normal level. "If this is going to devolve into shouting might I suggest my apartment?"

<@Jason> "The testing was done for if it was necessary whether it was to cure another strain of it if Essex were to release it or, if situations worsened, to target non-mutants...I imagine you can assume what Reed had managed to finish and what was taken from the lab to use for this Pestilence business."

<Bobby> Bobby swallowed hard and ground his teeth, clamping down his tone. "Well, isn't that just fucking peachy. And yet another thing that we can be blindsided by, since you all decided it'd be great fun to keep this shit secret."

<@Jason> "Well, secrecy was a major concern for the project. This, however, needs to be fixed. Once it's known what it is it shouldn't be hard for those at the school to work the cure they have to take care of what Pestilence is pouring into places. It also might help track down those responsible."

<Rogue> "If ya hadn't been fuckin' with it in tha first place, this wouldn't've happened. Why didn't Ah get consulted 'bout this?" She held a hand up to stall Jason from talking and turned to Bobby, "Ah'm a foundin' member o' Brotherhood. There. Ah said it."

<@Jason> "Because you're biased." Jason said simply. "And if the x-men security was better our top scientist wouldn't be an embodiment of the Apocalypse so I think we can move on from pointless fingerwaving."

<Bobby> "The what-erhood?" Bobby was shaking his head in confusion at Rogue. "Oh, we're still waving, because, well, the one other person who probably could help fix this issue -- McCoy -- is gone too, remember? Apparently your security is no fucking better."

<@Jason> "Let me tell you, that was an interesting situation to dance around explaining the dead security guards." Jason couldn't argue on that but, well, Bobby had reacted better about the brotherhood information bit than he would have guessed.

<Rogue> Rogue blinked at Bobby. "The 'what'erhood?" She frowned and turned to Jason, "Apparently we weren't as obvious as we thought we were bein'."

<@Jason> "Maybe we should have blown up more things."

<@Jason> "Aside from what we had been doing and focusing back on Essex though. Since we know he's utilizing the human-targeted legacy we know he's manufacturing it. Reed didn't exactly go into production once he figured out how to do it so that's all Essex's doing...so chances are if we find his supplies we'll have a good idea of where he is."

<Rogue> "Good. How long 'till ya can figure that out f'r us?"

<Bobby> "....that Brotherhood? What the fuck Rogue?! So this is what you meant when you said Jason 'nurtured the new you?' Fucking hell." Bobby had been seething quietly for a bit. "What's the fucking point of me being here at all when I'm clearly like ten steps behind all the nefarious plots!? For fuck's sake."

<Rogue> Rogue sat there and took Bobby's anger and then started to smirk a bit at the end, "Wait... Are ya jealous, Bugsy? Are ya angry that Ah didn't include ya sooner?"

<@Jason> "On a bit of a tangent point, does Adam act odd around you, Rogue? I ran into him today and I thought I'd make sure that the little bit of memory mesh I had put in was still holding and I think it is but he seemed a different kind of twitchy than what I was used to."

<Bobby> His face dropped, along with the temperature of his tone. "Jealous? Don't flatter yourself." Bobby looked back and forth between them at that and just got up, his chair scraping back loudly. He threw a few bills on the table and left without another word.

<@Jason> "I trust you can manage with him? I'll be in contact when I find a lead." Jason watched as Bobby made his way out.

<Rogue> "Bobby!" She stared after him, her jaw dropped in shock. "Yeah," she muttered, "Yeah, Ah'll talk ta him. Ah'll be in touch when Ah get him back on track..." She sighed and gave Jason's shoulder a squeeze as she stood, "Thanks."
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 5/18 Instance: The What-erhood

Post by puppygirl »

Ronnie - "Ahhh, dear little Rogue, so unwilling to make the hard decisions when necessary,"

... Though speaking of which, does Rogue know that the Brotherhood tried to off Darren? I'm sure Bobby knows about that ...

Oh, this is gonna be fun! :cracked
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Nope, I definitely don't think she does. As much as she hates Darren being involved with the gov't, she does lub him so much.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

... Oh this is going to get so, so interesting :eeevil
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Mwahaha. This is a wonderful piece of shifty. So, so wonderful.

And yes, Jason and Rogue. Adam does still want stabby. He just can't remember why...