4/20 Instance: Reinventing Raya

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Before Mardi Gras 101.

Selene: Selene fished loose dollar bills and coins of change out of various pockets in her bag and coat, finding previously unknown supplies of money here and there. "Keep the change." She told the taxi driver as she shoved a loose ball of bills and coins in his hands.

Selene: She doubted it was enough to pay for the drive. However, she also doubted the driver wanted to count the money right then and there. "Let's go." Selene said, turning to Raya, then got out of the car.

Raya: Raya smiled, brushing her hair back over her ear as she climbed out of the taxi. "I've never really been shopping for these kinds of clothes before. Where did you find yours?" She'd worn something other than the zip-up boots she usually did around the mansion; it was either those or sandals. "It should be interesting to go to the club again, when people are dressed a little more normally."

Selene: "Oh, you'll always find at least some people there who are dressed rather outlandish." Selene replied. "You're right, though. They don't have costume parties and theme nights all the time there." She turned and made a wide gesture encompassing the tall buildings of downtown NY. "I find them here and there. Usually by just walking past stores and entering those that look interesting."

Raya: "Hmm, that's a good idea." She tucked her hands in her pockets as they walked, glancing into the big display windows of the stores at street-level. "I think that's the only time I've ever gone there...are they very strict about the dress code?" She knew several of the students partied at the Hellfire Club regularly, and while she wasn't really aiming to do that just yet, at least having soething she could wear to it would be nice.

Selene: "Well, I guess that depends. It can be a quite interesting and fluid thing, that dress code." Selene said, walking next to Raya. "Keep in mind that a lot of the regulars at the Club are people who believe of them to be sophisticated. You might get away with anything, if the others believe you're visionary or trendy enough to do so. Or important enough."

Selene: She chuckled. "Believe me, it can be very entertaining to watch all those bored bourgeoisie parade each weekend." Selene leaned over to Raya. "But if you want a tip: If one can't afford the most classy outfits, it's usually worth settling for something more outlandish or unique. That way, people will believe you're making a statement."

Raya: "It certainly sounds like an interesting place..." She had money, recently acquired after agreeing to babysit one of the children at the school. "I don't want to be too outlandish, there, but I'd like to maybe see something I don't normally wear. Just not quite to the level of the last time."

Raya: She gestured to the mannequins in the window just ahead of them, "Those look very nice. They're very...sparkly." Seemingly all the dresses in there were short, tight, and covered in sequins. What a place to start looking.

Selene: "The outfit you wore last time certainly got some attention." Selene told Raya, showing a small smile. "I liked it, too. But I'm sure we'll find something you'll be happy with. We just have to employ some creativity and look closely." She turned to look at the store Raya had pointed out. "So, why not start there? It looks promising."

Selene: As she stepped over to the entrance and held the door open for Raya, Selene reached into her pocket and pulled out a plastic card. "Don't worry about money issues, by the way. I'm sure Amara won't mind me spending something on a friend's outfit." She held up the credit card with Amara's name on it.

Raya: "Oh, well...I had money. I mean, I wouldn't want her to get angry at us using it, if she didn't know," Raya stopped trying to explain as she crossed into the store and let the door swing shut. "Wow. It's...shiny." That was really the only way to describe the place.

Raya: "And, well. Yes, I suppose it did get some attention. I hadn't intended it to show quite that much skin, but it wasn't too bad." She smiled; a few people had really liked it.

Selene: "Don't worry. 'Mara knows that I use this card. In fact, she gave it to me in case I want to buy something." Selene showed a little smirk as she stood beside Raya. "It's not as if I wouldn't repay her. Just not with money." She strolled around the store and turned around a few times to get a quick impression. "If you like, I'm sure we'll find something with a little more cloth."

Raya: "Oh." Raya was studying the dresses as they flashed and shimmered when she moved them, feeling the textured with her fingertips. Some of them, she couldn't see how people could feasibly wear. There just wasn't enough to them. "Well. There are a few that are very nice. The ones that are longer."

Selene: Selene circled around some of the racks with clothing, feeling some of the dresses here and there. "I can picture you in something longer. Like a nicely cut skirt. Maybe something sleek." She pulled of some that looked promising upon initial inspection and held them up. "Either a complete dress, or just such a skirt and a top that goes well with it."

Raya: Raya looked at the different dresses Selene pulled out, brushing her fingers over the satin skirt of one. "I really like that skirt...maybe a different top would go well with it."

Selene: Selene held up the skirt Raya had picked out. "I agree. I like, too." She put the other ones aside, as well as the tops that came with them. "Now, let's see if we can find anything that fits it, and still suits your taste." Selene led the way to the racks with the tops. "So, what do you have in mind? Any preferred colours or cuts?"

Raya: "I like the beaded ones...most of them are corsets, though." She shrugged. "I've never worn one, but they look so pretty..." She stopped by a longer cut one with lots of embellishment, pulling it against herself. "What do you think of this one?"

Selene: Selene gave it an apprising look and arched an eyebrow. "If I were you, I'd try it on. I like the look of it." She gave Raya a small smile. "Personally, I can highly recommend corsets. They might not be terribly practical, but I find practical things mostly boring, anyway. They're one of my favourite kinds of dresses, to be honest."

Raya: "I've never put one on, really." But she smiled and held onto the top and skirt; they were both a pretty white. "I think I'll try this set on, and maybe one more." There was another corset there that was equally nice, but plainer.

Selene: "Excellent." Selene commented. She looked around for the changing room. "Ah, over there." She looked over her shoulder at Raya as she led the way. "If you need any advice or help, I could assist you. I've quite some experience with putting these things on."

Raya: "Oh, I know I'll need help. I don't even know how to put a corset on." Raya was happily oblivious to the odd look they both got as Selene followed her into the dressing room to help with the laces. "I think I'll try this one, if you wouldn't mind helping me?" she motioned to the second top, as she took the skirt off the hanger.

Selene: "Of course." Selene replied, taking the top off the hanger. "Who knows? I might actually be tempted to get another one for myself."

Raya: To her surprise, the slit that allowed her to move her legs in the skirt was much higher than she'd expected. "Hmm. This is...different." She turned around experimentally, letting the skirt rise with the motion and show her legs. "Do I have to take off everything, to get into that?"

Selene: "I like it." Selene commented upon inspecting the skirt. "Well, that depends. You can be creative with the ways you wear a corset. For example, you can wear some of them over a blouse, if you'd prefer that. But the shoulder-free ones look best with nothing underneath, if you ask me."

Raya: "Okay..." she'd try it once, why not? It was just her and Selene; it could have been worse. "Can you help me put it on?" She turned her back to Selene, naked from the waist up.

Selene: "Of course." Selene moved the corset over Raya's head and to her chest. "Make sure it sits comfortably before I start lacing it up." While she helped Raya into it, she couldn't miss the tattoos on her skin. "Those look very intriguing." She said, beginning to tie the laces. "Say something if I tie it too tightly."

Raya: "I will." She adjesuted the front of it to sit where it should have, watching as Selene laced it up. The straight top was a little strange-looking on her, but different enough to intrigue her. "It feels different...sort of bare."

Selene: "It is sort of bare." Selene commented, a wry smile showing on her lips. "In my opinion, it suits you. Don't feel ashamed to show yourself." She ran her finger over a tattoo on Raya's skin. "Where did you get these, if I may ask?"

Raya: "I did them myself," she said, reaching up to touch the one at the corner of her eye. "I don't mind showing them...or a lot of skin, it's just new."

Selene: "They look good. Very interesting." Selene finished tying the corset just enough so that it would sit well, then took a step back to appraise Raya's look. "I like it. What do you think?"

Raya: "It's different..." She studied her reflection in the mirror, liking the shape the corset gave her. "Maybe we could try the other one, with the beads? This one's interesting, but it looks a little flat."

Selene: "Of course we can." Selene told her and processed to untie the corset again. "So you did them yourself?" She gestured at the tattoos again. "Intriguing. Do you think you could also do them on other people?"

Raya: "Oh, yes. I do them on a lot of people, Anna and Mayhem and Wade already got them." She smiled as Selene gestured at them. "I've done them on myself since I was little; it's just a paste, you just draw it on in whatever design you want and wait for it to dry and flake off, and leave the dye." She took the other top off the hanger, sliding it on as she other one came off.

Selene: Selene tilted her head and gave Raya a curious look. "Would you mind if I asked you to do the same to me?" She asked. When Raya turned around, she went back to lace up the second corset. "I can picture something like that looking quite fascinating on me."

Raya: "No, of course I can do them on you. You'd have to tell me where you wanted them..." She thought as she was laced up, looking at the corset shaping her waist and pushing her breasts together. "I like this one, the beads make it very pretty."

Selene: "Most excellent." Selene remarked, a wry grin playing around her lips. "I'm looking forward to experiment with some colours." She stepped back once more to look Raya up and down. "Yes, I'm inclined to agree. This suits your personality much better than the first one."

Raya: "Sparkly and tight-fitting?" Raya had to hear this explanation, as she grinned. "I really like this combination...it's pretty."

Selene: "Well, maybe not so much on the sparkly side of things." Selene admitting. "But I like the tight fitting aspect. It accentuates your shape, which in my mind is a very good thing."

Raya: She laughed at that, smiling at her reflection and Selene's. "I like the beaded design...it's subtle since it's all white. Well, more subtle, I suppose. but it feels interesting, at least. Feminine."

Selene: "Definitely feminine." Selene agreed, giving a nod. "You'll also fir in at the Club with an outfit like this one." She pulled out Amara's credit card. "So, shall we get you this? I say, we should."

Raya: "I like it. So, yes," she decided, enjoying the look it gave her. "I wonder if I should ever wear this top with pants, maybe...all the boys would like it." Because if she hadn't had breasts enough before....now she certainly did.

Selene: "And several of the girls, as well." Selene added, showing Raya a smirk. "If you ask me, you certainly should wear it. That's what you have clothes for, right? They're no good hanging in the drawer." She waited for Raya to change back into her own clothes before leaving the changing room.

Raya: "I'm sure Mayhem would find it interesting..." she said, putting her normal clothes back on. "You know, I have no shoes that would go with this at all. Maybe that should be our next stop."

Selene: Selene tapped her finger against her chin, nodding. "That's a very good idea. Shoes are important." When Raya way dressed again, they headed for the counter of the store. "I think we might find a few good stores down the street." She handed the woman behind the counter the credit card.

[Edited on 20-4-09 by Starfish]
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Lol it's ok, mara won't mind. Especially if she gets to see Raya in the corset :shifty
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

She very well might... :shifty
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.