07/25 Instance: Las Fashionistas

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Day after The Brother

Neena: Neena looked about the store with satisfaction. Forever 21 was one of her favourite stores of all time, with their flirty, well made clothes at college student prices. She turned to Elizabeth. "Thanks so much for coming with me. I am going to need the perfect outfit!"

Elizabeth: "That's alright," she smiled, shifting her bag on her shoulder a little as she flicked through the rack she was beside. Though, if she saw one more love heart or rose...

Elizabeth: "So, anything particular in mind, a colour or a certain style?"

Neena: "No red, that's for sure. I really don't know. Something fun, but elegant." Neena fingered a feminine blouse. "I want to try something softer, with more layers. And a color other than blue."

Elizabeth: "Mmm, maybe something metallic?" she pulled out a top in soft bronze and held it up. "Oh, I think I'd walk out if you wanted to wear red!" Lizzie grinned. "A nice wrap would work well with this," she shook the hangar she was holding in her hand.

Neena: "Oh my god, and risk being the ultimate cliche? No thanks, no red for me," Neena laughed. "I've never worn metallics. I've always been a little afraid of them, with my skin tone and all. Although Kate always used to say I should wear them. Do you think the bronze would work?"

Elizabeth: "It should do. Silver is probably best to avoid as you'll look too washed out, and gold can be overdone sometime, but this has enough colour to it without being garish," she held the top in front of Neena and looked at it critically. "Hmm. A nice necklace and maybe a belt over it to nip it in..."

Neena: "Belt?" Neena said thoughtfully. "Maybe. It will give it some more shape." she took the top in her hand. "I'll keep it in mind. It might me nice to wear something more eye catching. I mean, I really gotta look my best, you know?" Her tone grew teasing. "Don't want Ben to think I'm a slob."

Elizabeth: She raised an eyebrow slightly. "You're certainly getting into it, that's for sure." She slid the top back in. "A lot of it's about confidence anyway. I generally wear pretty simple outfits and just accessorise."

Neena: "Isn't that the best way to go, though?" Neena nodded. "I love a good blazer and a pair of dark jeans. And a scarf. Scarves are my friend." She studied a skirt critically. No, still too cold for those, although with boots and wool stockings... "So how have you been? We haven't hung out in a while."

Elizabeth: "Well - clothes yes, diving in to something like..." she trailed off. "Oh, I meant plain outfits for when I go out," she gave a wry smile. "I've been..."

Elizabeth: She sighed heavily, thinking of TJ again and she bit her lip. "It's complicated. But I'll be alright, no need to worry."

Neena: Neena's heart squeezed momentarily. The fleeting sorrow in Lizzie's eyes was unmistakable- Neena knew that pain too well. "It's hard, I know," she stared at the rack.

Elizabeth: "It's...Well. TJ was pregnant and she died of complications," she swallowed. "We...we were really close friends when we started and...It's just. Just hard."

Elizabeth: "I lost my boyfriend last year as well, you see," she said softly and started looking intently at a rack of dresses.

Neena: "Last year? Really?" Neena shook her head to clear her vision. "oh, sweetie, that is the worst feeling in the world. I just hope you recover faster than I did."

Elizabeth: "Not really, no. It's...complicated. We had this thing with my telepathy so we always felt each other and now it's like having a hole in my skull..."

Neena: "A hole in your skull?" Neena cringed. "That can't be a pleasant experience. How long did you know him for?" she picked up a bateau necklined tunic. Cute, but boring.

Elizabeth: "Since I started here...felt like forever though. We had a lot in common but maybe that was a bad thing in a way...Too many problems, so we'd never find peace. That's pretty. Bit understated though."

Neena: "It is, isn't it?" Neena shrugged. "I think I have too bad of a vain streak sometimes. I hardly ever wear something that doesn't show at least some decolletage." She looked at Elizabeth. "You know, my boyfriend died four years ago. When my powers first manifested. I struggled with that for a long, long time. I still do, a little bit."

Elizabeth: "I'm sorry. It's hard, isn't it? And it's even worse when people say things like that, eh?" she went in her back and slowly pulled out a notebook, flipping to the back to where she'd stuck a photograph. "That was Warren. He looks scary, I know, but when you got to know him..."

Neena: "His eyes are extraordinary," Neena pointed out. She smiled wistfully. She still kept a picture of Milo tucked in the back of her wallet. No matter what happened, she would always remember.

Elizabeth: "They really were," she bit her lip a little, looking wistful. "It was sort of a joke - the Beast in Beauty and the Beast had big blue eyes and Anton, my agent loves to nickname me Belle to wind me up so...yeah. There was a Prince Charming in there, promise."

Elizabeth: "Anyway, this isn't getting your outfit picked," she wibbled a bit. Come on, it's nearly been a year now....grow up.... "So, maybe purple? Though I might be biased."

Neena: "Purple was never really my color," Neena remarked. "Although maybe something in wine?" she shook her head. "This is why I always darken my face when I go out. Nothing, I mean, nothing, looks truly good against white skin!"

Elizabeth: "Warren managed to pull off dark colours really well," she tried to grin brightly, but it came out very strained. "Wine is nice, it's stylish..." she plucked a dress out. "Plus it isn't red red, eh?"

Neena: "Yeah," Neena murmured. She picked out a flowing wine kurta. Not her style, but maybe she should start going softer? She added it to the bronze top and picked out the same top in blue. "What do you think? With some skinny jeans and my leather boot?"

Elizabeth: "Mmm, sounds nice. Not too over the top, while still being stylish. Are you going to try them on?" she asked, poking at a white dress on display. Now she was just torturing herself.

neena: "It would be the smart thing to do," she nodded. They made their way to the dressing rooms. On the way, Neena spotted a cream colored button down blouse with sharp pleats. Just her type of top. Without a second thought, she took a small.

neena: The attendent showed Neena to a stall, and she shut the curtain. While she tried on the wine kurta, she called out to Elizabeth. "Can I ask you something?"

Elizabeth: Leaning up against the wall by the booth, she looked towards the closed curtain at the request. "Of course, anything."

neena: "How can you stand it?" Neena opened the curtained and stepped out in the kurta. "Honestly, I admire you, Lizzy. I shut myself away from the world for almost two years after Milo passed away, yet here you are, with me, shopping. What's your secret?"

Elizabeth: "Honestly?" her gaze fell towards the floor. "I can't."

Elizabeth: "I...pretend I'm fine, that I'm happy, but really I still cry myself to sleep for him so many nights. I wake up in the morning and keep my eyes closed because I know he won't be there when I open them...There's more as well, but it's...Well, it's -" She broke off.

Elizabeth: How was she supposed to explain she'd lost the bloody plot and become a right slut? Well, it wasn't important. "I suppose I just apply myself to things, work, friends. That sort of thing."

neena: "You are my hero," Neena shook her head. "When Milo died, I felt like dying too. I carried a lot of guilt for a long time. And I didn't leave my room. I know how you feel, Lizzy. It's a sorrow so oppressing that you become distraught with grief, right?"

Elizabeth: She stared down at her scarred hand. God. What would Warren think of that? A tear slowly slid down her cheek, followed by another. "It's like someone sitting on your chest, and it feels so tight, like it's sinking..." she murmured. "So much of it is hard to put into words."

neena: "Oh, honey," Neena hugged her friend tight. It pained her to see Lizzy like this. It reminded her of herself. "I'm not one to give advice on this. At all. Ben said I was strong to carry on after Milo died, but I think you are so much stronger! And I know that you'll pull through." She wiped the tears off Elizabeth's face. "Just don't let anyone rush you. Heal on your own pace, you know?"

Elizabeth: She hugged back, sniffing a little and pulled away, hunting in a bag for a tissue. "No...I'm not strong. I'm just good at pretending I am," she put a brave face on, curling her cut hand into a loose fist. "Don't worry about me being rushed or anything..." Bit late for that... she said to herself as an afterthought.

neena: "Alright, I'll try not to worry. But only because I hated it when people worried about me." Neena smiled gently. "As a result of my entire hometown wondering how I was, I didn't visit Milo's grave until the winter break. Great good that did, worrying!"

Elizabeth: "I haven't seen Warren yet...I was never told which hospital he was in, I couldn't find out because I wasn't family, so," she swallowed. "I just remember the good things. And yeah, worrying can do more harm than good sometimes. But people mean well."

neena: "Yeah, I always tried to remember that. It wasn't always easy, especially with my mother trying to match me up with every available man in town. My brother said she practically passed out when she found out about Ben." Neena turned to the mirror. "I feel like a balloon in this."

Elizabeth: "My mother hated Warren so much it was unreal," she folded her arms, hugging herself, and leant against the wall again. "It's sort of...Well, I wouldn't say you look like a balloon, but it is rather loose."

neena: Neena wrinkled her nose. "It's a little too far out of my comfort zone. She hated Warren? Really? Wow, I can't imagine my mom hating anybody. I mean, Milo's mom is my godmother, and Mom already wants to cook Ben a feast."

neena: She headed back into the stall and peeled the hated garment. She went for the blouse next.

Elizabeth: "She did. She wanted me to be a nice, polite, true Lady. Marry the right man, have pretty children...All that," she rolled her eyes a little. "How is the next selection?" she asked for the sake of asking something else.

neena: "It's better," Neena replied, pulling the curtain aside. "What do you think? It's more like what I usually wear."

Elizabeth: "It's nice," she nodded. "It's very flattering for your figure as well," she nodded as she tilted her head to get a look from a slightly different angle. "Is it what you're aiming for though? But it is nice for in general."

neena: "I do have one in blue already," Neena admitted. "Maybe the bronze top will pan out. If all else fails, I could always use another little black dress." She went back into the stall. "So, how is the modeling business? I hear this next season is brilliant for fashion."

Elizabeth: "It's good, I didn't do too much this last break - a few runway shows, some makeup advertisments," she tucked her hair behind her ears. "I got the impression things were booming though when I was talking to my agent. He loves fussing over me and gossiping."

neena: "I for one can't wait to see what Carolina Herrera cooks up. Seriously, that woman can do no wrong!" Neena admired herself in the mirror. "Oh, I think this is it," she said, pulling back the curtain.

Elizabeth: "I agree, that's really beautiful. Plus a lovely top is always welcome in the wardrobe. Okay that did sound quite cheesy, but you get my point."

neena: "Of course," Neena turned to look at the back of the top. "Do you think he'll like it? I want to look really, really good. Like knock his socks off good!" she laughed. "I sound so weird right now I want to puke."

Elizabeth: She gave Neena's shoulder a gentle squeeze. "He'll love it. He's stupid if he doesn't. And no, you don't sound weird. Make the most of it."

neena: "Yeah," Neena turned to face the mirror again. She did look good in the top. But it wasn't just the clothes. She looked...different. Happier. She certainly felt happier. Neena only hoped that someday Elizabeth would feel the same happiness again. "Thanks for coming with me," Neena said. "Now all I need is some new lipstick and I'm set! Shall we?"

Elizabeth: "Oh, you're welcome!" she patted her shoulder. "New lipstick is always a smart idea." Lizzie gave Neena a gentle little push into the booth. "But we won't be buying any lipstick if you don't pay for that first!"
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

...with their flirty, well made clothes at college student prices.
Sounds peculiarly like a commercial voice-over.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

when did tj die? that's news.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

What a deep and intriguing instance. All the right amounts of :( and :).

Vera nice job! :thumbup:thumbup
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS