07/19 Instance: Kills and Kisses

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Timeline: Current.

Warlock: Warlock had hooked up all the computers in the lab together to give maximum power, spread out over all the units like a great black and yellow jellyfish with one tendril wedged firmly into the wall socket to provide him with enough energy.

Warlock: The entire world wide web was at his fingertips, infomation running through his nurons like water and dispite all this ... still nothing! Nothing! After all these weeks!!

Selene: Selene blinked at the odd sight in front of her, standing by the doorway to the computer lab, a bewildered frown on her face. "So, apparently the machines have finally started to take over the world and enslave humanity," she commented dryly. "And they seemingly started with my friend."

Warlock: It took a couple of seconds for Warlock to realise that he was being talked at by a human and not a computer and a few seconds more for it to register that it was Selene.

Warlock: Embarassed he let out a rapid stream of zeros and ones that translated into english as 'SelffriendSelene? One moment please ...' before disconected himself from the computers and resuming a humanoid form, sitting on one of the chairs, "Self ... self appologises, affirmative," he said in english and twitched slightly, "Correct ... sorry ... still a little ... what is the word ... buzzy?"

Selene: "Look who's there," she said as she stepped over to Warlock. "There's no need to apologize. I was merely wondering what you have been doing. You haven't been to the library for a while." She let her gaze wander around the room. "So I thought that you might be around here, among your... well, relatives?"

Selene: She smirked slightly. "No offence, though. I like computers. They're very useful. Much more than most humans."

Warlock: Warlock shook his head, "Self has been doing what you suggested, trying to find out the meaning of 'Phalanx' only ... self has not been able to discover anything!" He leaned his head on his hands and let out a groan of frustration, "Self does not understand! How can there be nothing out there at all?"

Selene: "I'm sorry to hear that," Selene replied and took a seat on the table next to him. "I might try to think of another wise suggestion to give you, if you want. Perhaps one that would be of more help to you." She tilted her head to the side and gave him a look. "Could it be that the word had no special meaning after all? Maybe you simply uttered a random word that came to your mind."

Warlock: " ... Maybe," Warlock leaned back and let out a small sigh, "It was just ... self was really hoping that maybe self had a clue ..."

Warlock: He looked over at Selene and assumed his human form and gave her a smile, "I anycase, you are well selffriendSelene?"

Selene: "On the other hand, it could also mean that this information is not meant to be found. A secret. Wouldn't that be interesting? I like secrets." Her smirk reappeared. "Perhaps I have another suggestion for you. You are searching too hard. Apparently, what you are looking for is either not there, or hiding from you because you're actually trying to find it."

Selene: "Maybe it doesn't want to be found. Have you never noticed that there are things out there that can only be perceived out of the corner of your eyes, but are gone when you try to look at them? Think about it." Selene paused before giving a small shrug. "Anyway, I'm doing well. Even though I have little to do right now. How about you?"

Warlock: Warlock gave a small shrug, "With self's skill level of hacking self should have been able to uncover something ... but perhaps you are correct ... self will contine to search but perhaps with less .. intensity ..."

Warlock: "Self is fine, as always, like yourself self has little to do these days, even though classes have started up again ..."

Selene: "Yes, the classes," Selene agreed. "Some are quite interesting, although starting off slowly at the beginning of the semester. So, I have to say that classwork fails to entertain me right now. I thought about heading to the library to read another book..." She paused and shrugged. "However, I decided to go look for you instead."

Warlock: Warlock flushed slightly, "Uhh .. oh you did?" He gave a shy smile, "Why did you ... wish to come and find self?"

Selene: "Because I had some difficulties with my first math assignment and I thought that you would make an excellent pocket calculator." She raised an eyebrow at him. "What, where you thinking that there could be any other reason why I would want to see you? Oh, please don't say you're that naive."

Selene: She waited for his reaction, then gave him another smirk. A bigger one this time. "In case you didn't notice, I just tried myself at humour."

Warlock: Warlock flushed scarlet and looked down, "Oh .. oh yes, self understand the joke it's just ... humour is not usually your .. thing, selffriendSelene, at least not humour like that ..."

Warlock: He glanced back up at her, "Self ... self wishes to appologise for being unavaliable over the last few weeks, self has ... missed you ... that is ... self has missed .. your ... company ..." he trailed off.

Selene: "There's nothing to apologize for," Selene replied. "It's not like I wouldn't do the same. When I feel like spending time on my own, I make myself hard to find, as well." She paused, hesitating to speak the words she wanted to say. It felt so odd to her, saying such things. "I have to admit that I would have preferred your company in the library, too."

Selene: "Well, you better get used to my attempts at humour," Selene continued, hopping off the desk. "I try to expand my horizon in any conceivable way. The intricacies of social interaction being one of them. I would say that sarcasm is my favourite, so far."

Warlock: Warlock felt himself start to grin stupidly at her words but brought his face under control, "Self promises that self will always have time for you in the library, selffriendSelene," he watched her jump off the desk, "And anywhere else for that matter."

Warlock: He stood up so he was standing infront of her, she was tall for a girl and there was very little difference with his current hight, "Sarcasm suits you, self thinks ... self ..." he hessitantly raised his hand up to her face and gently stroked one finger down the side of her face, feeling the soft warmth of her skin in a way that was compleatly different to any sort of scans or tests he could run.

Warlock: "It suits your nature, and your nature selffriendSelene is what self likes most about you ..."

Selene: Selene felt utterly bewildered. Not by Warlock's words, or his actions, but by her own reactions towards them. Normally, she would never have tolerated someone touching her face without first asking for permission. Where was that all too familiar urge to swat the offender away? Why was there just this tingling sensation on the skin of her face, that shiver running down her spine?

Selene: "Thank you," was all she said after finally drawing some air into her lungs.

Warlock: Warlock could both see and sense the emotions waring inside her and cupped her cheek for a second longer before dropping his hand, "Self only speaks the truth, selffriendSelene," he said gently, some instinct inside him telling him not to make any comment about her obvious confusion.

Selene: Selene had to admit to herself that she was disappointed that he had taken the hand away, as strange as this felt to her. "I loathe needless, superficial compliments," she told him with a low voice, but then went on. "But I do appreciate the ones you give. You are different. Unlike so many of the others. I like that."

Warlock: Warlock frowned, "Why ... why would self make needless coments, they are uneccesary ..."

Warlock: He gave her another small smile, "You are also unlike anyone self has met, even though self must confess that self can not remember meeting many people and ... self likes that as well, self feels that self can ... that self is not so alone when you are here."

Warlock: Warlock looked down at his feet, "Umm ... self was a little ... shy of telling you this but ... well ... self understands that there is a tradition over Christmas of gift giving?"

Selene: Selene tilted her head to the side and put on a lopsided smile at his words. "Ah, Christmas. I'm not too familiar with it, myself. I can't remember having celebrated this holiday before." She frowned. "Or maybe I did... I'm not sure. My memory is sketchy." After shaking her head to clear her mind, she looked back at Warlock.

Selene: "Are you trying to tell me that you got me a gift? You know that this wouldn't have been necessary. And if you really did, then let me tell you right out that I'd have to disappoint you, because I didn't get anything for you. Or anyone else, for that matter."

Warlock: "Well, it is more ... made you a gift. Self programed something into the Danger Room for you to use ... self thinks you will like it, would you like to see?" He held out his hand to her.

Selene: Selene raised her eyebrows. "Really? Now, of course I would like to see it." She took his hand and walked out of the computer lab with him.

Warlock: Warlock keyed in the access code and blushed a little as the door opened and they stepped into the big, empty room, "Computer? Activate the Selene Winter Wonderland senario, Warlock access." He said, there was a resounding blip and the holograms grew into soildicy around them and the DR was transformed into a dark, oppresive looking landscape.

Warlock: He smiled at Selene, "Self knows you enjoy playing this game on your laptop, so self thought that maybe you would enjoy a more ... inversive version? Self even programed in the costumes ..." he indicated the bloodstained blue and white dress Selene was now dressed in, then sighed when he saw that his skin had taken on a vaguly striped tone.

Warlock: "Self also set the costumes onto random for anyone else in here with you, self thought it would be more interesting ..." he handed Selene a bloody knife, "Do you like it?"

Selene: Selene's eyes and face lit up in a stark contrast to the dark and twisted landscape of an alien Wonderland. Before her mind and gaze shifted back to Warlock, her eyes wandered across the outlandish scenery, filled with the weird architecture and machinations and its creepy denizens that she had become so intrigued by.

Selene: "This is utterly fascinating," she eventually commented, taking the knife from Warlock while inspecting it with the big eyes of a little girl who had just gotten the best Christmas present in her life. "I wouldn't be able to tell if this real, a simulation, or just a figment of my imagination."

Selene: She looked back at Warlock, and a large grin appeared on her face when she saw that he had taken the form of the Cheshire Cat.

Warlock: "It's a simulation, you'd get into trouble for killing things if it was real, so you like it then, self is glad. Whenever you wish to play this game just tell the computer to activate Selene Winter Wonderland senario, you can play it whenever you want with anyone you wish."

Selene: Selene took off to frolic around the nearby surroundings, hopping from one elevated position to the next, so that she could have a good look across all of it. "You thought of every little detail," she said, turning around to face Warlock again. "This is the most excellent thing I have ever seen."

Selene: She jumped down from where she stood and decided to go for a more hands on experience, slicing a playing card soldier who happened to walk past in half. Her face wore an expression of fiendish glee. "Amazing," she commented, then returned to Warlock. "I have to say, a mere 'thank you' would seem insufficient to appreciate this gift."

Warlock: Warlock watched Selene run around with a contented smile on his face, glad that he'd made her happy, "Self does not require thanks, just seeing you happy is enough selffriendSelene." He said gently.

Selene: "Let me thank you anyway," she insisted, giving him a wry smile and a nod. "Now I actually regret that I have admitted earlier that I have no gift for you in return. Had I lied, I could have thought of something to get you." Her gaze wandered around, admiring the scenery, as an odd train of thought was set in motion in her mind.

Warlock: "Self already said, self does not need anything in return, self would probably be quite a hard person to shop for anyway ..." he watched her face for a moment, "What are you thinking, selffriendSelene?"

Selene: "About a few thinks I've said earlier. Things I've though off for a while now. Concerning social situations and expanding my horizons." Selene took a breath and turned her head, looking at Warlock with a quizzical expression. "In fact, I do believe that I can think of a gift that you would most certainly appreciate."

Warlock: Warlock put his head to one side, he had this strange niggling feeling that if he had inetrnal organs his heart would be racing, "Oh? And what is that?"

Selene: Selene bit down on her lower lip, her gaze wandering upwards to watch the strange sky. She fully turned around towards Warlock and put her hands, still holding the bloody knife, behind her back. Oddly enough for her, she didn't have to overcome any hesitation. Had she really come around to trust him that much? Or herself, for that matter?

Selene: Selene decided to better not take any risks, therefore acting before she could have any chance to change her mind again. Leaning forward on her toes, she pressed a light kiss on Warlock's lips in one swift moment, followed by her moving backwards again. Her next thoughts concerned themselves with whether she had actually done this, or merely imagined doing such a thing.

Warlock: Warlock barely had time to register the kiss before Selene moved away again and stood there with a look of pure amazment on his face. He started to raise his hand up to touch his lip but stoped himself incase she thought that he was wiping them or something.

Warlock: "Self ... uh ..." He blushed bright red again and a slow, wide smile spread across his face, "Self ... Selene ..." Giving up he went to duck his head down, stoped, then moved again and pressed his lips against her's in a light but somewhat clusmy kiss before straightening again.

Warlock: "That is ... without a doubt the best gift self could have ever recived ..." he said softly, finding his voice as he reached out to cup her cheek again.

Selene: "I'm glad to hear this," Selene replied, a wry smile on her face. So she had actually done it. "Had you said anything else, you would have gotten a stab with this knife as an additional gift." She felt unfamiliar shivers wandering over her skin. This certainly was a new experience for her. "So I take it I didn't do too badly for my first attempt."

Warlock: Warlock laughed and shook his head, stroking his thumb over her cheek bone, "Negative ... that was ... you could have fooled self that that was your first time ... how ... how about self, was self okay?"

Selene: "You neither see me running, nor feel a knife lodged in your chest, so I guess that should tell you something," Selene replied, still smirking. "Of course, I have nothing but the descriptions of others to compare it to." She swallowed, pausing for a moment. "However, I have to admit that it felt very intriguing."

Warlock: Warlock nodded, "Self agrees, and ... and self would like to experiance more of this, what do you think?" His hand moved to stroke her long hair, it was the silkiest and softest think he'd ever touched.

Selene: Selene took a few moments of contemplation before answering. "I can't say in what odd state my mind has to be at the moment to make me do such a thing, but I would suggest that you make good use of this chance while it lasts." She chuckled dryly. "Who knows, perhaps I'll even find out why everyone else is so fond of this."

Warlock: Warlock smiled gently at her and said softly, "Well ... self for one hopes that this lasts for a very, very long time then." His hand moved around to gently hold the back of her head before leaning down to press his lips to her soft ones once again.

[Edited on 19/7/2008 by steyn]
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

In case anyone is wondering, the game in question is American McGee's Alice. I figured that it would be Selene's favourite game, seeing that I used as an inspiration in many cases. It's really good, by the way. :)

[Edited on 19-7-08 by Starfish]
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

ok, *MAJOR* D'awwwwwwww moments to be had. :D that was so cute yall. so many lines made me giggle! I'm sorry I didn't read it sooner, I'm really not sure how I missed it >< *smacks self* ...not in the warlock way of self... anyway, that was awesome :D and I love American McGee's Alice! Such a good game!
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

Awwwwww, those two are so cute together. And it was sweet for Warlock to make a program just for his girl.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Very nice. They’re definitely the ultimate odd couple, but you guys did a great job describing how they’ve gotten closer and to this point and their feelings. Also, nothing like a threat of a knife to the chest if you didn’t like your first kiss. >< I’m sorry I missed this up until now.