06/26 Instance: Put on your Dancing Shoes.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Current

Laura: Laura paced down the hallway to Lorna's room, brochure in hand. Damn, she was nervous about this...Stopping at the door, she breathed in a little, bouncing on the balls of her feet and knocked on the door lightly.

Lorna: "Come on in!" Lorna sat her laptop aside and looked up towards the door, waiting for whoever was giving her a welcome break from paper writing to come on in.

Laura: Opening the door a crack, Laura peeped around it, a worried little look on her face. "Hey...Lorna? Could I like...talk to you, for a few? You're like, not busy or anything...I can come back later..."

Lorna: "Of course, come on in." Lorna looked slightly confused at Laura's expression. "Is everything okay?" Lorna shifted over on the bed some more, making room for Laura to sit.

Laura: "Umm...Well...Geeze, I like dunno what to say..." she passed over the brochure. "My Mom brought this up for me. I'd asked for it though, like, I didn't want it sent here so I got it sent home..."

Lorna: Lorna took the brochure with just a bit of trepidation considering how sheepish Laura was being about it. "Oh...oooh." Well, that explained the behavior. Lorna smiled though. "So this'd be a really neat place for you, wouldn't it?"

Laura: "Yeah...But like, here is neat too! It's just...I can't be a dancer here. Not like I could be if I went there..." she hung her head a little. "My Mom's a little worried about the mutant registration things. She saw the billboards on the way up and thinks if I wanna be a dancer, it'll be better for me to get into dance school now, rather than wait and see what happens."

Lorna: Lorna chewed on her lip. "Yeah, I can see how she'd be worried." Lorna looked back up from the brochure and put on a smile for Laura. "And this would really be good for you too. It's what you want to do after all, isn't it?"

Laura: "Yeah, it like, really is. They've offered me a place if I pass the audition," she grinned weakly. "But I'll miss everyone so much..."

Lorna: "We'll miss you too." Lorna reached over and put her arm around Laura. "But you know we're going to be damned happy for you too. Plus it's not like you can't keep in touch."

Laura: "I know, but like, it's not the same! It was really hard for me to make lots of friends here as like, well y'know, I'm screwy and hyper and all that..." she sighed and leant into Lorna, propping her small head on her friend's shoulder. "Y'think people would be happy for me? And like, not think I'm bailing out?"

Lorna: "If anyone thinks that we'll get Bobby to freeze their pipes right before they take their showers." Lorna nodded, sure he would do it. "They'll be happy for you and you might be screwy and hyper sometimes but you've got plenty of friends. Probably make even more there."

Laura: "Really?" her expression turned hopeful. "I just...I dunno. It's such a big step! Some really important dancers have gone here!" she tapped the brochure. "And they offer singing as well, if you wanna go more for musicals and everything."

Lorna: "Yeah, really." Lorna smiled more at the shift in expression. "Well, that sounds like all the more reason to do it to me. Sounds right up your alley."

Laura: "I am really gonna miss it here, and you and Bobby and doing the whole double act with you, but hey, if you're ever around we can do it again..."

Lorna: "Oh you can count on that." Lorna laughed at that. "I know I'll miss it too. We can both piece together solo acts though I guess." Lorna really was going to miss that but she made sure she kept the upbeat voice. "And you're going to have to tell me how awesome this place is too." Lorna held the brochure up before handing it back to Laura.

Laura: "Sure!" she shifted happily on the bed, then pointed at the laptop. "Like, can I show you on there? The site has got some more piccies of stuff!"

Lorna: "Ooh, yeah!" Lorna pulled the laptop over and handed it to Laura. "Show away!"

Laura: Checking the front of the brochure, she tapped in the address, slowly navigating around the site. "Like, this is the dance studio and they use a local theatre for really big showings as they in school one is nice, but like, not massive."

Lorna: Lorna nodded, looking over Laura's shoulder as she flicked around the site, suddenly getting a tiny surge of envy over the place. "Looks really cool."

Laura: "It does! It's just a big change from here...That's what's stopping me I guess. Like, there probably won't be any other mutants - or at least people who admit to it...."

Lorna: "Yeah, but if you need other mutants to talk to we're still all there for you. Plus, you never know I guess. There are more of us out there." Lorna shrugged. "Probably better to get the big change out of the way now than give yourself a nasty surprise when you're graduating."

Laura: "I guess...I'd have to leave anyways at some point..." she shrugged, looking at the dorms.

Lorna: "Yeah...we all will." Lorna chewed at the corner of her lip again but looked back at the computer screen.

Laura: "Does...it make you nervous?" she asked hesitantly. "I guess people will work out I'm a mutant eventually. My aging is, well, slow. Real slow. I'll still look this way in five years time I guess."

Lorna: "Well, I guess you can tell people you started with the botox really early." Lorna laughed a little bit but nodded. "Yeah, makes me nervous too."

Laura: Laura laughed a little at that. "I guess I could. And then there's always the claws...You know what I can be like with them....And the healing....Hey - were you there when I broke my neck in first year? We'd got dragged hiking and I fell down the hill..."

Lorna: "Yeah, I remember that." Lorna made a face at the memory. "I guess you'll at least probably not have any mandatory hiking expeditions at this place, yeah?"

Laura: "True! But like - you know how accident prone I cna get all the same!"

Lorna: "Well...I've not seen you break your neck recently." Lorna shrugged. "Shouldn't let that stop you either...watch out for it yeah but not stop you."

Laura: "I do have other accidents though! But I guess I have gotten better since I started here, yeah..."

Lorna: "Yeah, you have. I don't think you'll have much of a problem at all really." Lorna smiled over at her. "So when are you starting?"

Laura: "Depends if I get my place, but as soon as -" she licked her lips nervously "...as next semester....See why I'm nervous now?" she tried to laugh a little.

Lorna: "Ah, yeah. I can see that." Lorna laughed with her. "It's going to be fine though."

Laura: "I really really hope so!" she nodded. "So...Would you like, watch me practise my audition piece? I want it to be really good, so it'd be great if you could..."

Lorna: "Of course!" Lorna sat up. "Feel like it now or later?"

Laura: "Maybe later, now I like, feel like ice cream or something, cause I wanna hang out all I can before I go," she gave Lorna a hug, and made puppy eyes.

Lorna: "Now that sounds like a plan." Lorna grinned and patted Laura's back. "Lets go see about this ice cream business."

Laura: "Groovy! Like, I will so miss that about here - the food! It's like an endless supply!"

Lorna: "Well, we can always send care-packages." Lorna chuckled as she led the way out of the room. "And we need to stock you up on mai-tais before you leave too. Give you a proper showing off."

Laura: "Hah! Oh that would be fantastic! Like, I dunno how you could send the ice creams - maybe Bobby would figure it out?" She wibbled a little, she was really going to miss Bobby...

Laura: "Oh and that would be wonderful! We should go on karaoke night!"
Lorna: "It'll be a challenge we'll have to work on." Lorna wasn't quite sure how but you never knew. "Karaoke night definitely would be a proper send off. You want me to start gathering people for it some night or do you want to tell people first?"

Laura: "Umm...I guess you can tell people. You're the first person I spoke to about this, cause it's been weird - I've wanted to tell people but couldn't."

Lorna: "Right then, we'll get people together. Later though, that ice cream's really sounding good right now."

Laura: "Oh yeah! Like, I should really finish off the phish food before I leave..."

Lorna: "We go phishing then!" Lorna raised her fist in the air, wishing she had a spoon to wave as she headed towards the kitchen.

Laura: "Phish phish!" Laura put her hands up, skipping a bit. "Okay that was weird..." she shook her head in self shame and rolled her eyes.

Lorna: "But fun?" Lorna turned around as she walked, giving Laura a wink. "As long as it's fun."

Laura: "Yeah! Like, if nothing else, I always wanna have fun!"
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

Awwwww. It's sad that everyone seems to be bailing out because of the act.

Sweet, you two.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Who's bailing because of the act?
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

D'awwwwww. It won't be the same without the little Tasmanian she-devil. :(
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

D'awwww, we'll miss our Laura. We'll definitely have to give a party for her before she leaves. *wibble*
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Well atleast Kyle can give her lots and lots of goodbye :naughty during the xmas break in Miami.

[Edited on 27/6/2008 by steyn]