6/24 Instance: Playing 'Chicken'

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Timeline Current

Remy: He felt the trickles of sweat running down his back, tickling like ants walking across his skin. The burn of a strained muscle kept him from extending himself fully, reminded that he'd not kept his physcial self in as good of shape as he should have. He grunted as he twisted again, kicking the bag infront of him.

Anna: Rogue adjusted her sports bra as she walked in from the locker room, looking up from her chest at the sound of something being kicked. She smirked. "Great minds, huh? Hey, sugah." She looked around at the setup Remy had chosen and decided to work on her abs first, heading for the mat for some situps and crunches.

Remy: "Hey." He wiped his forehead with the back of his hand, taking a quick break to give her a grin. "Oui. Guess it would be so. Though I'm bettin' y' didn't let y're ass get so wide as mine before pickin' dis up again." He leaned to the side, stretching the injury to keep it from knotting up.

Anna: She laughed a bit at that and rolled her eyes as she started her reps, breathing out each time she went up. "Ah ain't had much choice. Combat team calls f' strict work out regimine. Y'all could slack a bit not bein' on a team." She pulled her hair from it's ponytail so it would stop getting in the way when she tried to get closer to the floor. "How ya been, sugah?"

Remy: "Busy." He returned to punching and kicking the bag,
grunting as he hit it hard each time. "It's a bit crazy tryin' t' do it all...school, a job, bein' a father and all. It's a lot t' do. I like it all - but it don't leave a lot of time on your plate, y' know?"

Remy: Stopping for a minute he gave her a look. "How about y'? Y' seem a bit more at peace here lately dan y' were when y' first came back."

Anna: "Yeah, Ah can imagine, hun. Would offer ta take Johnny f' a couple hours so y'all could do somethin' with that time, but... Yeah..." Anna screwed up her face and braced her right ankle on her left knee to do oblique crunches. She paid attention to her crunches for a few moments, her mind mulling over just how much he'd missed out on, a small smile teasing at her lips. "Ah'm real good now. Got somebody ta catch me if Ah fall, ya know?"

Remy: He gave a wry snort. "Well, yeah, but we get help. It's alright. Merci though." He'd started into his stretches, arching backwards till he could put his hands down on the floor beneath him. "Oh? An' who's dis someone?" He turned his head inquiringly to her. "Scott?"

Anna: She looked over at him as she switched legs and laughed at him being upside down. "No... Scott an' Ah called that whole thing off after Liz thought he'd killed Angel. An' it wasn't ever anythin' serious ta begin with. But Ah gained a new friend outta that deal, so Ah'm better f' it."

Anna: Anna smirked, "Now you've made me wanna make ya guess. Two more guesses an' Ah'll tell ya who if ya don't get it."

Remy: "What?" The air went out of him in a woosh and he flipped around, sitting down so that he could stretch his legs out. "Kill Angel? I heard about some sorta scuffle an' all dat, but Dieu. I guess dis really is d' crazy farm. Glad we're not right in d' thick of dat all."

Remy: He gave her a shrewd look. "Y're in a teasin' mood." Lips pressed tightly together he thought on it. "Cessily?"

Anna: Rogue stuck her legs straight up in the air and crossed her ankles, giving him a look before going up to touch her nose to her knees. "Y'all know better'n that. An' he didn't really kill Angel. Or try ta. It was all a misunderstanin'. Anyway, he said it was too soon f' him ta do anythin' like what we were doin', so we stopped."

Remy: "Nice t' know my car will be safe. An' I had t' guess Cessily, even if y' don't swing dat way. D' girl has her ways y' know?" He grinned. "Alright. Letsee." He was stuck cause he didn't really know any of the new kids and he didn't hear the rumors anymore. "Kyle?"

Anna: Anna laughed, "Kyle's more of a kid brother ta me. No, it ain't Kyle." She pulled up to touch her nose to her knees and held herself there, turning her head to smile at him, "Y'all met Sam?"

Remy: He frowned harder. "Yeah, blonde kid right? Southern?"

Anna: "With tha gorgeous blue eyes?" Her grin grew and she nodded, "Mmhmm, that's him. He's really somethin' Rem. Ain't been this happy since... Well, since Ah was hangin' out with y'all all tha time." She laughed, "Southern corruptin' tha Southern. Seems ta be an endless circle, don't it?" She went back to regular sit ups.

Remy: "Yeah?" He gave her a look. "Corruptin'? In which way, petite? He's mindin' himself, right?"

Anna: Anna rolled her eyes at his look. "Oh hush. It's me that has ta mind mahself. He's more innocent'n Ah was Ah think... Well, ok, he's at least made out with somebody before. An' nearly got her shirt off or somethin'... So maybe Ah was more innocent." She screwed her face up. "Or maybe Ah was just more ignorant..."

Remy: "Well he looked pretty young." He crossed over to the long mat and took a bit of a run, turning a couple of handsprings just to make sure he still could. "Oh, I'm gonna be sore tommorrow. An' y' ain't ignorant. Y' were more scared I think dan anythin'. Jus' needed dat shove." Smirking he raised an eyebrow. "An' judgin' from things y're rollin' down dat hill jus' fine on y're own now, neh?"

Anna: "Yeah, a shove that pushed me over tha edge an' Ah ain't been able ta stop rollin' down?" She stuck her tongue out at him. "An' he is a bit young... He's seventeen." She rolled onto her stomach and pushed her arms up, letting her head fall back to look at the ceiling, stretching out her stomach. "Ah had a damned good reason ta be scared though. An' all it's done is made me greedy an' careless."

Remy: He laughed. "Cradle robber an' a corrupter. We have rubbed off on y' well." Crossing to where she was he sat beside her. "Greedy how petite? Y're still d' person y' are."

Anna: "We?" She smirked at him and arched an eyebrow, then shrugged, "Well, ok, guess Vic helped a lot too..." Rogue reached back with her hand and grabbed her foot to pull it towards her head.

Anna: "Ah'm greedy 'cause Ah want more... Ah want all tha touchin' Ah can get... What Ah've had so far ain't enough." She switched feet, "So it's just a bit selfish of me, Ah guess."

Remy: "Well, y' spent a long time without. Make sense y' wanna catch up. Better dan y' bein' afraid of it." He set his hand on her shoulder, giving her a squeeze. "Jus' remember t' keep workin' with McCoy an' all dat - y'll come up wit' a way. An' dere's more dan one way t' skin a cat."

Anna: Rogue froze at his touch then relaxed when it registered that she was wearing a full top today. "Yeah. Still cain't figure out what happened with us." She dropped her foot and turned to sit with her knees up, leaning back on her palms.

Remy: "Well y' always figured it was a matter of trust, neh? What happened wit' it? Y' jus' were so hurt when y' got back...it's been nice t' see y' smilin' again."

Anna: "It was just rough... Not tha bein' out on mah own part, Ah've done it before, so that ain't nothin'... But tha reasons Ah left, they haunted me, ya know?" She shrugged and gave him a half smile. "Then that whole thing with Bernie an' tha other two," she screwed her face up and shuddered.

Remy: His face went tight at that. "Anna...I'm sorry y' had to go through dat. I'm glad y' came back though. With everyone comin' an' goin'...dis place is startin' t' feel less like a home an' more like a revolvin' door."

Anna: She gave another shrug and gave him a carefully schooled blank face, "Yeah, well it's over an' past now." Since when had she had to use her blank face with Remy? "Yeah... It is. An' it sucks. How ya holdin' up, by tha way? With Vic havin' left?"

Remy: 'I'm holdin' up fine. I'm worried for d' pair of dem. Rahne a bit more dan Vic t' be honest. Vic can heal from whatever dere doin'...Rahne can't. I know he wouldn't ever harm a hair on her head intentionally, but still." He gave her a careful look. "I hope y' got someone y' can tell y're problems to, petite. Vic couldn't tell me his - an' I know he wasn't tellin' anyone else dem. I hope y' ain't in d' same boat."

Anna: "Yeah... But, like ya said... Healin'? Only works f' physical wounds... An', he's stopped tha drugs. He contacted me on Myspace an' told me. Said he's not comin' home... Says he can't 'cause of whatever he's doin' or where ever he is now. No word from Rahne though. 'Course, Ah don't expect ta hear from her, she an' Ah weren't that close ever."

Anna: She looked away from him and frowned, "When did that person stop bein' y'all? That Ah could tell everythin' to, Ah mean. An' how come an' why?"

Remy: "He's talked t' y'?" His frown returned. "Well it's good t' know he's not doin' dat crap at d' very least. An' Rahne's not wit' him?" He was even more confused now. "Where d' hell is she if she's not wit' him?"

Remy: Looking down he shrugged. "I don' know petite. I wish I did. Maybe cause I've been so busy wit' my family an' everythin'. Dunno how t' do it all."

Anna: "Yeah, but he didn't seem real happy... An' Ah have no idea where Rahne is... But judgin' by tha comment she left him, he left her... Didn't ask 'bout it." She chewed her lip, "Ah don't like it. Ah miss our talks an' hangin' out with ya... Ah mean, Ah know ya real busy an' that's fine, but... it shouldn't put such a gap between us... An' tha fact that TJ hates me don't help matters, Ah'd reckon."

Remy: "Merde." He swore a bit more with feeling. "Well. I suppose dere's not much t' do until dey come back. An' I miss y' too petite." He was about to protest but then he nodded. "Well y're not her favorite, dat's for sure. Don' change dat we're friends though an' she doesn't expect that either."

Anna: "Not her favorite... Understatement of tha year, sugah. Speakin' of sugah... How's tha Lil Sugah? He doin' alright?" Rogue made a pained expression. "Ah'm sorry all this crap with me an' his mama makes it so Ah cain't see him. Ah wanna get back ta how close we were 'fore all this, Remy... Ah'd like ta be able ta touch ya 'gain, an' Ah wanna figure out why Ah cain't now..."

Remy: "He's doin' good. Gettin' t' be such a big boy too." Smile fond, he shrugged. "Don' stress about it so much. Jus' let it come as it will. Y're goin' through a tough time, but y're lookin' a lot better. If y' need me t' talk t' McCoy or somethin' I'm happy t' do dat."

Anna: "McCoy cain't help me, Remy. He's done what he knows how an' hasn't come up with much 'sides 'talk ta Dai'." Rogue shook her head, "How'd we do it before? What was different then than now?"

Remy: "Y' leavin'. Whatever happened out dere t' change y're mind...it changed somethin' at least. Changed how y' feel about here. Though y're lookin' most at home dat y' have been for ages."

Anna: "Ah had ta leave... Wasn't another option. Thinkin' how Ah reacted after Ah came back was twenty times better'n how Ah woulda been actin' a couple weeks down tha road from tha time Ah left." She met his eyes, "Remy, how do ya knw it was just me leavin' that did it? How long had it been since Ah touched ya before Ah left? Ah cain't even remember... Thinkin' that says somethin' in itself."

Remy: "Suppose dat's true. An' suppose it's not my place t' say when it happened. Most likely y'd be d' one dat'd know it better anyways." He gave her shoulder another squeeze. "Jus' y' remember, whatever it is, y're still one of d' best friends I got."

Anna: Rogue sighed and gave him a weak smile, "Sure 'bout that? Ah'm surprised ya still talk ta me. Sure TJ's embellished a few things. An' even things she probably hasn't ain't great..." She shrugged, "Glad ya still callin' me that though, ta be true." She ruffled his hair with her gloved hand, "Grown back nice. Y'all goin' ta see ya family over tha break?"

Remy: "Don' worry about all dat. Talia's got her own friendships, I got mine. Ain't either of our places t' tell d' other what t' do dat way." Nodding, he smiled. "Yeah, like always. It's good t' get together. Y' stickin' around here or goin' t' y're aunts?"

Anna: "Ah'm stayin' here...Still feels kinda awkward goin' ta spend extended periods of time with her ya know?" Rogue narrowed her eyes at him and hopped up with a grin on her face. "Get up, Cajun..."

Remy: Standing up he looked under where his rear had been sat. "Was I on y're towel or somethin'?"

Anna: Anna laughed and got in a fighting stance. "C'mon Cajun... Ah wanna see how outta shape ya really are..." And see if he was scared of her skin again. Bare arms plus sparring for her meant absorbing. She also needed to see if she could trust herself not to do it on purpose. If she could, who knew... Maybe it'd be easier to get back to where they had been.

Remy: Making a small noise he put a smirk on. "Oh even me outta shape is gonna be enough, petite. Y' sure y're up for it?" Not waiting for an answer he dove in and tagged her a quick one before whirling away.

Anna: Rogue laughed and flew into the air to hover above him, tsking a bit. "Swamp rat... Ah've beat ya before when ya were at tha top of ya game, really think ya can beat me when ya ain't?" She grinned and flew at him, landing and sweeping out at his legs with hers. "We're in tha danger room, full powers? 'Cept f' mah strength, 'course... Don't wanna hurt ya."

Anna: "Much."

Remy: He rolled with it, making a low noise as his strained muscle wrenched. "An' what have I done dat makes y' wanna whoop me so bad? An' I ain't usin' powers, so I don' see how y' should be able to."

Anna: "Why won't ya?" She planted herself firmly on the ground and held her stance while she waited for him to get up. "Ya scared, LeBeau?" Rogue gave him a smug grin.

Remy: "Not really." He lunged for her, smacking her hip a good one. "Why should I be of a petite fille like y'?"

Anna: She curved her body to try and avoid the smack, but missed. "Ya faster'n Ah remember, but Rem..." She dove at him, heading straight for a tackle at his torso, part of her praying her arms would clear his. "Ah ain't just any lil girl."

Remy: He went down with it, curling his spine and rolling over, kicking her over his head so that she landed a foot or two over him on the mats. "I dind't think I should call y' a big girl. Most women don' like havin' dat comparison made wit' dere anatomy."

Anna: She was up on her feet a split second after she hit, "Well, 'course not. But Ah'm a lil girl who can kick ya ass, mon ami." A wicked grin flashed over her face and she flew up to hover over him. "Come an' get me, sugah."

Remy: "Y're flyin' again." He put his hands on his hips. "Y' wanna fight dirty?"

Anna: "Would Ah be flyin' otherwise?" She grinned and put her hands on her hips to mock him. "Enemies don't fight fair, darlin'. Y'all know that just as well as Ah do."

Remy: "Alright den, seemin' as y're so afraid of dis cajun t' have t' use y're powers..." He waggled his fingers at her. "Come an' get me."

Anna: "That's tha chicken way out an' y'all know it, Swamp Rat." Anna hovered for a moment longer before dive bombing to grab him underneath the armpits and fly him up again. "Ah got ya."

Remy: He grabbed for her, still not liking being whipped off his feet quite literally. "Well, I ain't d' chicken. Double proof if y' look at which one of us is flyin'." Giving her a rather rude jab in the ribs he twisted, trying to get loose.

Anna: Rogue grunted and twisted into him. "Ya wantin' me ta drop ya?" She tightened her grip flew up higher. "Kinda fun ta see ya all fidgety an' scared though, Remy." Her leg came up to wrap around his to stop some of his squirming.

Remy: "Didn't say I was scared." He judged the distance. "An fallen dat far before." Not and walked away without quite the limp, but hey, that was a trifling matter.

Anna: She let go with one hand and flew up a few more feet, "Good ta know." She jabbed him in the ribs, digging her thumb in between a couple of them.

Remy: Making a noise of protest he twisted, trying to take the rest of it in a less vulnterable area. He was running out of options fast, given the amount of skin and the height they were at. Breaking a leg just wasn't worth it.

Anna: Anna moved her thumb from his ribs and grabbed him under the arm again. "Scared yet, Cajun?" She gave him a wicked grin and moved her hand to his wrist, letting go completely with the opposite hand as before. She flew quickly across the room and did a double barrel turn then a backflip in the air.

Remy: He had to grab onto her to keep his one arm from being yanked from its socket. "Not scared. Maybe gonna puke on y' in a minute. What's gotten into y' petite?"

Anna: Anna gripped him around the waist and let go with her leg to hold him even with her, her free arm on her hip. "Who's ta say anythin' at all?"

Remy: "Oh? Dat why y're in dis mood?" He gave her his patented saucy smirk. "Guess dat boy of y'res really don't put out."

Anna: Rogue flicked his nose hard, "No, he don't, but that ain't none of ya business as ta why Ah'm in this mood. Ah'm in this mood 'cause Ah just am. Am Ah not allowed ta have fun anymore?"

Remy: He laughed, and looked down. "Thought y're idea of fun was a bit different dan tryin' t' see if dis cajun's brain's splatter left or right when y' drop him?"

Anna: "Won't drop ya. That's tha point... Do ya trust me?" She dove for the ground quickly and pulled up at the last second to fly high again. "An' can Ah trust mahself ta have ya this close an' not use mah powers."

Remy: Meeting her eye he sobered. "Ah, dis what dis is about?" He smiled. "Oui Anna. Y're my friend. I do trust y'. He hovered his own bare hand over her arm. "Y' want to see for y'rself or y' take my word for it?"

Anna: "It's gotta go both ways, Remy." She felt her chest get tight and her muscles tense with his hand so close to her skin and it was taking a huge effort to not pull away from him. Her eyes were mostly fixed on his hand, glancing up to his eyes for brief intervals, but not pulling away.

Remy: "Je sais. So?" He quirked his brow. "Do y'?"

Anna: "Ah..." She chewed her lip and watched his hand, feeling the tension ring through her muscles. "Ah... Fuck." Rogue flew slowly back to the ground and set him down. "Y'all win." She averted her eyes to the corner of the mat and let go of him.

Remy: "Didn't mean t' hurt y' petite. It'll come though - sometime. Y' jus' keep thinkin' on things. An' let me know if dere's anythin' y' want t' talk about." He waited for a minute. "Y' ok?"

Anna: "Just know when ta fold, Cajun..." She took a couple of steps back and pulled her hair into a ponytail again, still not looking at him. "Ah don't feel safe anymore, Remy. Had this feelin', down in mah gut, before, that ya wouldn't let a damn thing harm me if ya could help it. F' some reason, Ah don't believe that anymore. Not 'bout anybody. Every man or woman f' themselves..."

Remy: He frowned and then looked like he'd eaten something sour. "Ah, so it's dat den."

Anna: She looked up, a frown on her face, and met his eyes, her temper starting to get a bit of fire under it. "So it's what? Ya think Ah like feelin' this way?"

Remy: He waved a hand in dismissal. "Non. I meant dat it's d' same damn thing again. Wit' Sinister." He didn't use the name often, and it still clenched at his belly to.

Anna: "What?" Her frown deepened and she shook her head. "What tha hell are ya talkin' 'bout, Cajun?" She had a feeling she should know what he was talking about, but his memories were long gone and it was like grasping at straws with Bobby's and she wasn't getting anything that made sense.

Remy: "Same thing everyone else was pissed at - Vic expecially. Dat I let him take me. Dat if it came down t' savin' my son or savin' anyone else...I'd have t' save him." He looked at her confused. "Ain't dat what y' meant?"

Anna: "No..." Her frown faded and she tried for a small smile but failed. "Ah told ya before an' Ah'll tell ya 'gain. Johnny comes first. That don't bother me. Ya whole family comes before me, that don't bother me. Ah mean, if someone were ta storm in here, right this second," she pointed to the doors, "tryin' ta kill us both, ya'd save ya own hide 'fore thinkin' 'bout tryin' ta help me save mine."

Anna: "Suuure, Ah'm invulnerable, Ah cain't get hurt. But that ain't tha point..." She gave a humorless chuckle, "F'get it, hun. It's nothin'."

Remy: He gave her a vastly offended look. "An' jus' what would make y' think dat?"

Anna: "'Cause ya act on instinct. Everyone's primary instinct is ta save themselves 'less someone they hold so dear they couldn't bear ta lose could be killed." Rogue walked away from him to the bag hanging from the ceiling and started delivering a volley of punches and kicks.

Remy: "An' what makes y' think dat y'...dat Vic or Rahne or any of my friends here don' matter dat much t' me?" He folded his arms over his chest. "Y' think I'm such a bad friend? Some coward?"

Anna: Rogue froze with her back to him and reached out to stop the bag from swinging. "Ah never said that. Don't put words in mah mouth, Swamp Rat." Her jaw clenched shut and she felt like she could stare a hole through the bag. That wasn't what she meant at all.

Remy: "Y' do if y' thought I'd be more worried about savin' myself than savin' y'. It's d' same damn thing and don' tell me it ain't."

Anna: "Ya know it's not." Her voice was quiet and she dropped her head. "It ain't at all." Rogue shook her head sadly and turned around to face him, lifting her head to meet his eyes. "Do it then," she held both of her arms out, "touch me." Her heart was racing with fear and need and excitement all at once and all she could do was keep her blank face on.

Remy: He was surprised, but didn't hesitate, walking forward to clap a hand on each of her arms, just beneath her elbows, along the line where each arm emerged from her gloves.

Anna: Rogue sucked in a deep breath and her eyes closed, feeling Remy's energy being pulled from him slowly. She tried to control it and stop it, but it kept coming, so she yanked her arms away and just shook her head. "Je suis desole, sucre."

Remy: He staggered, and went down on one knee, closing his eyes against the whirl in his head. Letting it pass, he gave her a sad smile. "Was worth a try, neh? Y' already got me yappin' up in y're head enough, ain't gonna do much harm t' have a bit more. Y' did say I kicked y're ass some before. Maybe I can kick y're ass some more." His smile switched to a happier grin. "Or give y' suggestions on y're corruptin'."

Anna: She opened her eyes, knowing his own would be looking back at him so she slowly brought them to meet his. Anna walked to him and held out a hand to help him up or steady him. "Naughty homme," her voice held a slight teasing to the scold. "Y're suggestions from before y' were ever in my head still play over for ideas."

Remy: He snorted with laughter. "Well what are friends for?"
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

nice instance, but.....*wibble* Kyle's JUST a kid brother to her?

sigh

she wouldn't be into incest would she :smirk?
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Remy: He waved a hand in dismissal. "Non. I meant dat it's d' same damn thing again. Wit' Sinister." He didn't use the name often, and it still clenched at his belly to.
Probably the reason he doesn't use the name is we never called him Sinister. :P
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

d00d. No touching, has she not gathered this yet?! ><

Good instance, y'all.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Originally posted by wingyding
d00d. No touching, has she not gathered this yet?! ><

Good instance, y'all.
of course she's gathered it. It's her power that she's had for 9 years. She KNOWS how it works :P but she's also 1. now addicted to other ppls powers partly and 2. trying for the connection she had with Remy before. :P
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

silly Rogue. :P
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Originally posted by Slarti

Probably the reason he doesn't use the name is we never called him Sinister. :P
><!!! Gosh gee wiz. I screw that up a lot.
Originally posted by wingyding

silly Rogue. :P
Trix are for kids!!

(couldn't resist)

Anyways, ty all. :P
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Hee, very nice instance, you two. :)
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen