4/27 Instance: Blue Reunion

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

current

FrWagner: Kurt pulled the rental car through the familiar gates and down the treed drive. He passed the garage, noticing that his old apartment had remained vacant and continued down towards the lake.

FrWagner: He stepped out of the car, his feet crunching on the dry leaves and regarded the boathouse. He vaguely remembered it from his first time living at Xavier's as a place to hide from Henry, but couldn't think of a time he'd visited it while teaching. It had gone now from damp hideout to warm home. He stepped up to the front door and knocked.

Talia: Talia put down her book, giving Johnny a glance from where he sat, obsessed with the Backyardigans, and went to the door. She opened it and gave him a small smile. "Hi, how are you??"

FrWagner: Kurt hadn't expected the door to open so quickly. "Oh. Hallo, I'm..." he ran his hand over his hair which he'd cut short again, better to fit in with the more strict dress code in Rome. "I'm really well actually. How are you? How is meine geliebt?" He tried to look over Talia's shoulder.

Talia: "I'm fine," she said, a bit confused by his next question. "Oh! Johnny, he's great. Watching TV now. He just turned 18 months, you know," she told him. "Come in, by the way, you don't gotta stay on the porch."

FrWagner: Kurt looked back for a moment at the grounds and the large mansion in the distance. It was strange visiting and not saying hello, but really, he only had one reason to visit and this was it. He stepped across the threshold and glanced around.

FrWagner: "Wow. If I had known this was habitable, I'd have moved in here," Kurt said. "Really much bigger than my place here."

Talia: "It's nice, right?" she asked, looking around. "We worked way hard to put it together. Like, it wasn't like...livable before."

Talia: She ushered him into the living room, where Johnny sat, still glued to the TV. "Want something to drink or something?"

FrWagner: "Yes, I used to sneak into this sometimes. Before I met your mother." He smiled at Johnny, sitting rapt on the couch. "It was a long time ago." Kurt said, and remembering her offer added, "Whatever you have is fine."

Talia: She nodded, heading into the kitchen. "I'll get some soda. Be right back."

FrWagner: Kurt nodded and sat down at the other end of the couch from Johnny and waved.

Talia: She reentered with two glasses. "Here. So, um, how's Rome?" she asked as she sat down on another chair, watching as Johnny crawled off and walked a bit closer to the TV. She stood and pulled him backward slightly.

FrWagner: Kurt smiled. "It's good to be back there. I'd come to think of it as home. And ... I'm doing what I was doing before more or less. What about you? This is your last year isn't it?"

Talia: "No, I still gotta 'nother year. I missed all that time when I had Johnny and all," she said. "Things are nice though. We're like, getting all settled and being a family, you know? And like...expanding the family..."

FrWagner: "Yes, well, it is expanding," Kurt said. "When I came here to teach three years ago I was alone, then I have a daughter and then I have a grandson two years later. It's expanding very quickly. Luckily," Kurt said as he glanced towards Johnny," I think there will be sometime before I become a great grandfather." He smiled.

Talia: "Well..." she paused. "Actually...it's expanding like..now. We're having another baby."

FrWagner: Kurt paused mid-swallow and tried to say "Another!", but ended coughing and spraying his drink all over his front.

FrWagner: "Damn. I'm sorry," Kurt put the glass down and shook his hands to dry them. "Really? You're ... You're having another baby? That's ... Well, it's wonderful."

Talia: "Let me get a towel," she got up and grabbed one in the kitchen. "Here. Yeah, we just found out. Not til July though. It's very very new," she told him. "But we're happy. And we want Johnny to have someone to play with."

FrWagner: Kurt nodded, smiling now. "I was an only child," he said, "but I had a lot of playmates. The other circus children. It felt like a big family. I was certainly never lonely."

FrWagner: "Maybe one day I will convince you to baptize these children. And you too if you like. That way if ... well, if something ever happened. You would all be with Remy..." he said. "Anyway, this is excellent news. Is Remy happy too?"

Talia: She bit her lip a bit, then nodded. "He's totally happy. It was actually his idea to have the second now, if you can even believe it."

FrWagner: "I can," said Kurt with a knowing smile. "I suppose it's never too early to start a family when you're in love."

Talia: Talia smiled. "Yeah. I can't get over how it all worked out. It really is lucky how it happened for us. And...I guess it's kinda early but at the same time...I dunno, I feel like this is what I'm supposed to do. Like, I dunno if that sounds bad, but I like being a Mom and like...it's what I wanna do."

FrWagner: Kurt shrugged as though what she was saying was obvious. "Of course it is," he said, "people act as though women shouldn't enjoy motherhood, but it is the most powerful thing a woman can do in this world. It's not ... having babies, it's ... shaping the future. How could that possibly sound 'bad'?" He smiled.

FrWagner: "I'm proud of you for doing that."

Talia: "Thanks," she looked to Johnny. "I try hard to do the right thing. It's all so hard too. But really, I like it alot. It's so cool to see him grow up and learn about everything, and see things for the first time, and like...know he came from you."

FrWagner: Kurt nodded. "It is," he said. "Children truly are gifts. I think they must experience the world in a totally different way than we do. " He looked towards where Johnny was sitting, absorbed in a game of his own making with his toys, alternating between that and television when something caught his eye.

FrWagner: "Do you think he remembers me?" Kurt asked.

Talia: "I dunno....maybe. It's been a while," she looked to Johnny. "Johnny! Baby, look up," he looked to her. "Remember Kurt?" she pointed at the blue man, and Johnny glanced, then looked back to his toys. She chuckled. "I think he's busy."

FrWagner: "It's still nice to see him though. You're right, he really is growing up."

Talia: "He totally is. He's walking and running and everything now. And like, this time last year he wasn't even crawling. But by this time next year he'll have a little brother or sister to be playing around with," she sighed contentedly, rubbing a hand over her stomach.

FrWagner: Kurt grinned. "He doesn't seem to like climbing as much as I did. I don't think I bothered with walking or crawling once I discovered I could ... just jump on the furniture or ... take the ceiling fixtures. You should count your blessings."

Talia: "He can't do stuff like that," she told him. "He doesn't have like..that kind of build. But he climbs when he can. But he also knows, Mommy doesn't like climbing on high things."

FrWagner: Kurt was thoughtful. "Funny, I never seemed to learn that lesson," he said scratching his head. "He looks like Remy."

Talia: She nodded. "He really takes after him, doesn't he?? It's crazy like..to see us in him. But there's way way more Remy than me."

FrWagner: "I like to think maybe he took after you in other ways besides appearance. If I... I look at you. Well, at first glance maybe you look like me, but then ... I see more and more of your mother in you. Not just how she looked, but how she was."

FrWagner: Kurt paused for a moment. "Honestly, I think you got the better of both halves." He smiled.

Talia: "Thanks..." she paused again, looking down at her soda. "So, how long're you staying??"

FrWagner: "Not very long," Kurt said. "Long enough to see you, and Remy maybe. But I can't stay. I have to go down to South America. I just wanted to ... fit this in. Writing emails and seeing pictures is one thing, but ..." He looked over at Johnny again, "sometimes you need to real thing."

Talia: "Remy's in class now. But he'll be out soon enough. Where're you staying?"

FrWagner: "Manhattan, but I can hang around for a little bit. I have a rental car. Perhaps I can take you three out to one of those noisy restaurants with all the games and toys for the kids. I've never been to one," Kurt said.

Talia: "Oh, like Chucky Cheese's?? That'd be fun! But I don't want him in the tube things, there're like, total germ breeding grounds," she told him. "But I bet he'd like it. Maybe I should think about doing his birthday there..."

FrWagner: Kurt was surprised she excepted. "Chucky Cheese it is then," he said. "And no ... tubes. That seems fine." He smiled. "I can come back when Remy is done with class."

Talia: Talia nodded."That's not a bad idea. Johnny's gonna go down for a N-A-P soon, and I got a paper to finish up," she stood. "But yeah come back for dinner."

FrWagner: Kurt stood up and brushed off his pants. "I guess if I'm here it would look bad if I didn't say hallo to Char... Professor Xavier. I'll come back..." Kurt looked at his watch. "Oh, around five?"

Talia: "Um...figure 5:30. Dinner'd probable be by like....6ish," she told him. "So we'll see you then!"

FrWagner: "It has been a pleasure," Kurt said. He meant it. It seemed that motherhood had mellowed Talia in a way. There had been a time when ever he had walked into a room with her in it, he could physically feel the waves of resentment. That was gone now. She just ... wanted to be a good person, a good mother.

FrWagner: He walked towards the door. "And congratulations of course. And..." Kurt paused. "Don't forget about my offer. If there is an eternity to be spent, I'd hate to spend it without you and your family." He smiled. "I'll see you this evening."

Talia: "See you then," she said, still feeling iffy about the religion thing. She closed the door behind him, before hearing a loud laugh. She turned the corner to see Johnny sitting on the back of the couch. "Hey! What does Mommy say about high places!!"
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Very cute! Sorry I was so wrecked yesterday I was asleep by 830 despite the nap and everything - and slept until 830 this morning, on and off.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Josh would advise against eating at the Rat Trap... probably Rae too. :shifty LOL

Very cute! And thanks to you two (three! Johnny!), I've finally got an idea for my final project in Creative Writing. BIG HUGS for that, because I was dying trying to come up with something. *squishes the blue peoples*
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Yay, so nice seing a bit of Kurt again
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Woo! Great instance! So cool to see some TJ/Kurt interaction again. :)
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen