4/8 Instance: Friends Are Forever

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Timeline: the day after High Hopes

<rachel> Rachel frowned as she poked at something that had been in a container in the fridge. It looked like macaroni and cheese, but she wasn't sure if that's exactly what it was. She shrugged and carefully put it in the microwave, making sure there wasn't any plastic or silverware in the dish before punching in the time.

<Ben> Ben walked into the kitchen yawning. "What time is it?" He asked, scratching his back. He was wearing his DMB '08 Tour T-Shirt and pajama pants. And Crocs. Ben loved his Crocs.

<rachel> "Day time," she shrugged as she watched the dish spin around, chewing on her lip as she waited.

<Ben> "Weird." Ben smiled, "I coulda sworn it was Bluntman"  he pointed to himself "and Chronic time!" he then pointed to her. "By the way, way to get wasted."

<rachel> Rachel turned around to look at him, eyebrow raised, "What?" As the microwave beeped, she turned back around, grabbed the bowl and her fork, and managed to take a seat on the counter.

<Ben> "uhhh, y'got totally wasted out in the back lawn. Well, no that's a lie you were already sorta drunk, then you smoked the blunt and well...well that didn't really help." Ben giggled to himself.

<rachel> Her jaw clenched slightly as she went to take a bite, and she had to take a deep breath. Calm down. He doesn't mean it. He's just messing with you. "It's not funny."

<Ben> "The sad part is, it sort of was. I mean, between the part where I was rattling on about how awesome you were to the part where you couldn't even put together a sentence straight. I guess we both shouldn't be touching stuff like that huh?"

<rachel> "Well, of course I shouldn't be touching stuff like that. I was a fucking drug addict." Rachel poked through the food again, eyeing it, teeth tugging at her lip.

<Ben> Ben frowned. "You know I was just stressed right? I'm sorry I gave you one...though you probably shouldn't have asked."

<Ben> I immediately regret those words, Ben thought in his head.

<rachel> "Well, maybe you should've taken the fact that I was drunk into consideration before giving it to me," she took a bite to prevent her from saying anything else she'd regret.

<Ben> "Not too drunk to take that bottle from me though, right?" Ben pointed out. "I thought we teach by example in this school?"

<rachel> "Yeah, well, I asked for the joint by the time I'd finished that bottle, so I was even worse than I started out." Rachel decided that she was not in the mood for this while shooting him a glare, "Example? If that's the case, then you're dealing with the bad example."

<Ben> "You shouldn't be looking to the token alcoholic for good examples." Ben pointed out.

<rachel> "Pffft. If I wanted to follow a good example, I'd talk to Liz. ...Or Rogue. Oh, wait. She's not around. Maybe you fucking Cess had something to do with that." She took a bite, eyebrows raised as she watched him.

<Ben> Ben's eyes got wide. Where the hell did that come from? And why did it hurt so much?

<Ben> "Why do you keep comparing the relationship Rogue and I sorta weren't having to the one you and Josh have? I don't get why me sleeping with Cess hurts you so badly. I wasn't with Rogue, Rogue wasn't with me. Cess wasn't with anyone!" Ben crossed his arms.

<rachel> "I never said it hurts me. I just think it's bullshit that you go one about liking Rogue and then are suddenly with Cess. In case you've forgotten, Josh kinda did the same thing to me. So, is your room mate next?" she set her bowl aside. "And, Cess is with everyone. Hell, she's been with Japh since I slit my fucking wrists."

<Ben> "Hey!" Ben stuck his finger out. "If Cess is you're friend you'll stop making this about her right there. That's not fair. And as for the room mate, that's a low blow, even for you Rae." Ben snorted, "You know perfectly damn well I genuinely like Nate!" Ben said, his voice hurt. "And if things had gone the way I wanted them, had my mom not wound up in a coma and my life coming to bits like this, I would've gladly worked on getting to that point with Rogue."

<Ben> "I could've loved her even, but it's not meant to be, and that's that." Ben made a slice with his hand as if chopping an imaginary block of wood in half. "I didn't ask to be dealt a crappy hand but I've handled it the best I could." Ben clenched his teeth. "I wasn't selfish!"

<rachel> Rachel rolled her eyes, "I was just saying about Cess and that she is with someone. And, that wasn't low. If I wanted low, I would've taken a shot at your mother or aunt. Maybe even your step-father if I was feeling really bitchy."

<Ben> Ben rolled his eyes back at her. "Oh please, like your family relationships are anything to feel proud of!" Ben looked to the kitchen door, hoping someone would come in and stop this nonsense.

<rachel> She bit down on her lip, hard, as her eyes narrowed, "I damn well know where I stand with my fucking family. I fucking know that I may as well be dead to my mother, I know I'm the fuck up, and I know I'm a disappointment to my family. But, at least mine is alive."

<Ben> Ben's jaw dropped. He was stunned. Blown away. "Wha-....what?" Ben couldn't believe she had just said that. "...T-t....today was his birthday..." Ben said in a whisper. "He'd be forty one..." Ben felt the pen in his hand snap and the ink bleed down his hand.

<rachel> She could taste blood and didn't really care, just like she couldn't care less about what she'd just said right now. "You heard me." Shoving herself off the counter, Rachel spat some blood into the sink, "Well, happy birthday to him. I'm sure he's enjoying it."

<Ben> Ben's eyes nearly blew out of his socket. "What?!" He roared. "How can you say such a thing?!" Ben wanted to web her face shut and pop her full of sleeper stingers, but he knew it was as uncalled for as it was childish. Just because they had powers didn't mean they needed to use them.

<Ben> Then Ben had an idea. <Why don't you come over here and see just what sort of memories you've stirred up?> Ben challenged. <Why don't you see what images you have me thinking of?>

<rachel> "How? Because I'm a bitch, and honestly don't give a fuck what anyone thinks at the moment," she shrugged. Rachel eyed him at the telepathic touch, letting out a bitter laugh. She stepped up to him, the fact that he was taller than her didn't bother her at all. He wouldn't hit her.

<Ben> Ben shook his his head. "I'm not doing this Rae. I'm pissed but I'm not pissed enough to try and fight you, not even in a staring contest." Ben turned away and washed off his hand. <I'm not my step-father.> Ben added in her head. <And you're not your mother. So stop acting like a bitch and I'll stop acting like a dick.>

<rachel> She took him a sharp breath, ignoring the bowl she'd been eating from shattering. <I am nothing like my mother> she growled in his mind, sparks starting to fly from her skin.
<Ben> <Who're you trying to convince Rachel, me? Or yourself?>

<rachel> She could feel her nails biting into her palm, her knuckles going white, lip still bleeding. By the time she got out of here, it was probably going to look like they'd gotten into a fight. Who're trying to convince, Sunshine...?

<rachel> <Do I look like a mutant-hater that would throw her own daughter out? Or how about replace her family with a better one to get away from said daughter? I'm not quite that heartless. Yet.>

<Ben> <No.> Ben said back sternly. <You look like someone who's forgotten who her friends were. A selfish little girl who tried to take her life instead of listening to her friends and family.>

<rachel> Rachel brushed some hair out of her face, letting her expression go blank as she shook her head. She needed to get out of here before she hurt him or herself anymore. The skin on her palm had split, and she needed to clean her lip up.

<rachel> She walked over to the door, pausing to glance back at him. <Forgotten about my friends? Fine. I can do that, starting with you.>

<Ben> Ben watched her walk out and shook his head. Pounding on the table twice he swore loudly. He mumbled a slew of swears as he kicked the screen door of the kitchen open and then yelled loud enough so all the telepaths in the school could hear, whoever they be. <FUCK!>
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

dad gum... *speechless*
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

oooh. Rae has claws!
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Damn
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Woah. The Sith Minion is definately going to need to go up a rank for that clawness.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Oooooh, wow... never mess with a Sith, indeed.

"And, Cess is with everyone. Hell, she's been with Japh since I slit my fucking wrists."
:mercury: "Oy! Oh, no wait... I guess that actually describes it pretty well. Yes! Everybody stop arguing and let's share the love! Woohoo!" :dance
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

... Eek!

*snuggles both*

Awesomeness, dudes.
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young