03/01 Game: Another End to Another Semester...

Read our full Game transcripts here!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Laura bounded along the second floor corridor, hitching her bikini down a little before taking a jump out of the window into the bushes below. Ultimate shortcut! And she could totally smell meat...

Japh was lying on the deck chair, sunglasses and swimming trunks on, eyeing everyone coming and going around him. He gave a sigh, then stretched.

Kitty balanced the plate of cookies on top of the buns and box of condiments as she walked out tot he grill. This would be her last time seeing everyone at school - and boy was she gonna miss them! so, to celebrate, she'd cooked a whole feast for everyone.

Rising up, she brushed herself down before heading towards the patio where the action should be happening, if it was gonna be happening. Waving at Japh, she took a seat on a lounger near him.

Japh smiled at Laura appearing next to him, "Hey girl. You're way too energetic for such a lazy day, you know."

Ben was shooting stingers into the target that was nailed to the tree. He cackled as each one hit its mark. "I wish I coulda done this in the bars back in Boston!"

Rogue lay on her stomach on a lounge chair, her arms tucked under her head as she tried to catch a short nap. And tan a bit while she was at it.

She arranged herself in front of the grill, smiling sweetly at any man who dared enter her domain. Guys so totally couldn't barbeque. "Laura! I got drinks from work in the cooler! Anyone need anything? Like the burgers are almost done! Who wants theirs rare?"

"Like, no day is a lazy day for me! Being laid back is like, soo not possible!" she gave him a toothy grin and stretched her leg up in the air, flexing her toes. "Oh, one raw pattie for me, Kit, you know it!"

"You want anything on it or just the pattie, Laura?" She expertly flipped some burgers and started toasting the buns.

"A plate? Like I'm not that uncivilised!"

Tessa waved at Laura, pulling her knees up and laying back on the chair. "Hey, nothing raw for me, but I'll take you up on a drink."

Japh was surprised he didn't hear that yellow furball yell for rare food. He found himself a little upset thinking of him and wondered why. He shrugged it off. He's gonna have a nice relaxing time in the sun today.

"One raw pattie on a plate!" She got it off the grill and slapped it on a plate, and served it, sagging a drink from the cooler on the way. "Here you go!" She handed them over.

Ben stopped shooting stingers to look over at a tanning Rogue. He smiled and put his arm down. He walked over to the social people and picked up a frisbee. "Anyone in?" he asked.

Taking the plate she grinned, but waved aside the drink. "I totally hydrated myself before coming out, I'm good!"

"Ok!" Kitty bounced back to the grill, drinking the cooler herself.

"So like, what's everyone doing for the vacation?" she asked, looking at the others. "I guess a loada people have started to go home already, but Daddy is gonna take me to see some show so I'm staying an extra week!"

Ben webbed the frisbee and threw it up into the air, yanking his arm back and having it come directly back into his hand. "Sweet." He turned to Laura. "I might have a stay with my aunt for awhile, after that I'm not sure..."

Rogue lifted her head slightly off her hands and looked over at Kitty. "Pass me a drink, will ya, sugah?" She flipped herself over and looked at Laura, "Stayin' here."

Tessa turned over onto her stomach, putting her head on her arms. "Going home in a few days, maybe a week. Andy's coming with me, figure he'd enjoy a beach. Something not freezing."

Her smile faded a little as she heard what Rogue said. "Really? Oh like, that's lame! It'll get lonely! You can come and like stop a few days in Miami with me if you like, my Mom totally won't mind! She likes guests, all she'll do is totally feed you up!"

"Awesome! I'm going home to pack and get stuff ready then, I'm coming back for school early, so I can, like, totally drop in if anyones hanging around here!" Kitty got a plate ready, piling on the coleslaw and chips, on the plate next tot he burger, making a pile of condiments if Rogue wanted anything or nothing, and grabbed a few hoices of drinks and carried it all over to Rogue. "Here you go, Rogue!"

Tess settled down on the towel-covered chair and sighed comfortably. "Maybe you should come over to my place for a few days. You'd like Athens." She waved a hand lazily at Rogue.

Rogue smiled and took the things from Kitty, "Thanks, sugah. Ya a doll." She turned back to Laura as she opened a drink. "Thanks, darlin'. But, Remy already offered ta let me come down ta N'awleans an' visit them. Ah'd just as soon stay here instead fly."

Leaning back on the lounger, Laura looked down to make sure her top hadn't slipped and looked up at the sky. "So totally can't believe another year is over...Crazy eh?"

She grinned at Tessa, "Think Ah'd rather not be 'round while you an' Andy frolick on a beach, thanks anyway."

"What's up with flying? It's fun! Well, when you're not in our jet with rolls and everything..."

"You're welcome!" She bounced back to the grill and started making plates.

"Oh, Ah love flyin'. If it's my body that's doin' it, that is. Just don't like not havin' control of it, Ah guess." She shrugged, "Ah dunno."

"Haven't flown." Ben shrugged. "Wish I had. Web slinging is the closest I get." He turned to Rogue. "I'm gonna be on my own for a good portion of the break if you wanna hang out with me?" He offered.

"Oh, har har. We're not going to stay at the beach the whole time." Tessa grinned back at Rogue. "Flying is so not fun. airsickness is not a good time."

"Ahh, yeah, I kinda see why you'd not be so comfy with flying...And I dunno what air sickness'd be like....I dunno what sickness is like!"

"Only thing I hate about flying is being stuck 15 hours straight on a plane." Japh added to the conversation he was eavedropping. He turned on to his stomach, "Hey can I get some help?" he asked holding up the sunblock.

Kitty placed the plates on a table and made up her own hamburger. She went to sit on a chair and dug in, smiling at everyone. "I've never been airsick...car sick, yeah. Not fun."

"Think being violently ill and unable to breathe properly for a couple hours, worshipping the porcelain god." Tess raised her head and moved to Japh. "Want some help?"

Rogue smiled at Ben, "Might take y'all up on that, darlin'. So long as Ah can fly mahself down ta Boston."

"Yes please," he smiled at Tessa and held up the bottle of sunscreen.

"More like plastic god ona plane!" Laura snickered, finishing her pattie, licking her lips. Raw meat rocked.

"So, guys, I'll like, still be in New York for school, so maybe we can get together?"

Tessa smiled and sat on the edge of the chair, pouring the lotion into her hands and applying it to Japh's back and shoulders. "Never did get the hang of applying this to your own back, did you?"

"I'm not sure anyone can properly suncream their back, Tess! Unless they have...rubber arms or something! That's probably a mutation or something that someones got!"

Rachel shoved a hand through her hair, grinning slightly. It was nice to be back, even if it wasn't for that long. She slipped out the door to the patio.

Ben picked up a cream soda and snapped the cap, watching it fizz over. "Warm." he grunted.

Catching a familiar scent, she stood up on her lounger and waved madly. "RAAAAE!"

Japh felt Tessa's hands on his back, the lotion a little cold but heated up as she rubbed. "If I were Cess then it would be another story. I have trouble bending over backwards to rub my own back...mmmm..." he mumbled the last bit. Tessa rubbing his back was actually getting to be nice and relaxing.

"Rachel!" Kitty bounced up and ran to her friend, throwing her arms around her. "You're back!"

Rachel about fell backwards at Kitty's hug but returned it, "Hey. Only back for a bit. Just to see everyone before vacation."

"That's awesome!" Laura gave a bounce on her lounger. "Like, what're you up to for the break? Anything good?"

"How's the rat-factory?" Ben asked Rae. "I hear the kids are oodles of fun."

"Um...I don't work there anymore. Got fired." Rachel shrugged, trying to make herself stop grinning, "I dunno yet. Have to talk to Josh."

Ben cackled. "You're better off without that place anyways." He snorted.

Kitty trotted off and got Rachel a plate. "You hungry? How was the flight?"

"Well like, if you're free come visit in Miami! If I'm not teaching classes I'll be totally bored!"

Tessa rolled her eyes playfully. "So tell me how I can." She kept on rubbing the sunscreen into Japh's shoulders, leaning forward. "You were beter at it when you had two girls to help you." She patted his shoulder lightly.

Rogue grinned at Rae, "Heya, sugah! Glad ya back!"

"Hey, Rae!" Tessa turned and waved at Rachel, smiling. "It's good to have you back, Rae."

Japh turned his head a little more to see Tessa better and smiled, "So you hinting or asking me to rub your back? Or am I completely off the mark?"

She grabbed one of the chairs and sat down, taking the plate Kitty had got her, "Hey, Rogue. Told you I'd be back." She waved back, "Hey, Tess."

"Ah know ya did. Didn't think it would be so soon though! Ya trip good?"

"See anyone else here I'd let do it?" She chuckled at Japh. "If you feel like it."

Jumping back down, Laura crossed her legs neatly and started to play with her toes. "Sunnny. Why can't it be like this alla time here?"

"Because, this is soooo not California!"

"Well, I'll be going back home at some point. I didn't bring much with me. It was okay, boring." Sunshine...

"Always look on the sunny side of life..." Ben sang as he sipped his cream soda.

Japh made a shocked look at Tessa, "If I feel like it? Don't be rediculous, come on," Japh pushed himself up and grabbed the bottle, "Down on your face, come on, come on. Don't got all day." he said with a smile as he started squirting some lotion onn his palm.

((*ridiculous?))

Tessa raised an eyebrow. "Oh, be gentle." She laughed as she laid down on her stomach.

Kitty put her plate down and kicked back on the chair, soaking in the warmth. She'd go home just long enough to get a tan 'cause she was white from all the bundling up from the cold.

"I thought it was bright side of life...."

"Different verse." Ben said. "Right though, that's what it is."

"It's a song. Keep on the sunny side or some such." Tessa shrugged as much as she was able. "Thanks, Japh."

Ben shrugged. "Potatoe potahto. Tomato apple. Same difference."

Rachel picked at some of the food on the plate, still trying to wipe the stupid grin off her face. This was nice, being back and everything. Too bad she had to go back home soon. Oh, that thought got rid of the grin.

Rogue laughed, "Apple is so different from a tomato, dork." She took a drink then took a bite of the burger.

"Well like, isn't the tomato called love apple in French or something totally random?"

"I dunno."

"I hope not." Ben said, squealching at the idea of anyone using a tomato for anything love related.

"Ah, the potato is Apple of the Earth. I don't know about tomato, though."

Japh had taken his time rubbing Tessa's back, but when he had finished, he couldn't resist mumbling, "It rubs the lotion on it's skin or it will get the hose again..."

Laura nibbled her nail. "That's like, probably it. I wasn't listening in class!"

Tessa turned her head.m "I beg your pardon?" she laughed at the line, but it still did put her a little on edge. "What hose, are you planning on dumping me into the pool?"

Ben heard Japh and spun around. "Well, Clarice - have the lambs stopped screaming?" he asked him.

"Oh, pool! That sounds like a fabby idea!" Laura bounced up excitedly. "Anyone else up for a swim?"

"I honestly don't sleep much cuz of that movie." He confessed.

"Ooooooh miGAWD! Like that movie was soooo nasty!" She made an 'ick' face.

"Oh god no...or would I? Hmm...>" he mocked a thought looking at Tessa, "Actually it's a line from Silence of the lambs. Ben over there said another line."

"Nah I didn't." Ben said. "Or wait did I? Was that one from Hannibal?"

"No, Hannibal was the first book and the third movie...Right?"

"Ah'm not near intoxicated enough ta be in a pool with more than like one or two people. So, Ah'll just sit up here f' a bit longer, but y'all have fun if ya want."

Japh was starting to get confused.

"I've never seen it..." Laura paused with one foot off her lounger. "Is it good?"

"It's an awesome movie. And I'd swim, but no suit..."

"Yeah. you know my track record with American movies. It sucks." Tessa laid her head back down. "You had better not toss me into the water, Blue Boy." She reached back and patted Japh's hand.

"Thats okay." Bens aid coming over to pick her up. He grinned wildly as he approached her.

"Dude, since when did people need swimsuits here?" Laura gave a wolfish grin as she sped off to the pool and dived in with a sizable splash.

((her being rachel not tess))

She shook her head, "Don't fucking touch me."

Japh raised an eyebrow at Tessa's comment, "You know what you just said sounded more like a request to be thrown than a warning not to."

"Rae? you okay?"

"She's not a water fan." Ben said winking at her. "Its okay Rae." He backflipped off the patio and into the pool.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just don't want to be thrown into the pool."

Ben made sure to create an extra big splash.

Swimming a few lenghts, Laura swam out to the middle of the pool and trod water for a while. "Aw, c'mon everyone, the waters fine!"

"Noooo...I'm like, gonna work on the tan!"

Ben pulled himself to the surface and wiped water out of his eyes. "Who wants to have a splashing contest?"

Laura swiped her hand through the water, splashing Ben in the face. "Like, you think you'd win? I grew up on the bwach back home!"

Ben sputted and coughed. "I got some tricks up my sleeve." Ben added.

Japh heard the words splash and contest, and instantly yelled, "Maggots! To ME!" a few moments later Eanie and Meanie came from nowhere and crawled up him and went in him. Japh's body started turning blue and his body grew.

"Oh yeah?" she giggled and dodged as he splashed her back, sending another wave at him. "Bring it on!"

"Caaaaaanonball!" and then the splash

Kitty screeched as water splashed over her. "HEY!"

"Japh!" Laura almost choked on water and giggles as the splash covered her in water, almost sending her under. "Oh this is so war!"

Rachel was glad she was sitting somewhat away from the pool as she took a bite of something that was on the plate. It tasted...well, it was edible. She watched from her spot with a small smirk.

Japh wiped the water from his face to see how much of a tsunami damage he had caused. "Aww, that's all?"

Tessa laughed as the pool turned into a water warzone, with splashing and crashing. "Why not." she stripped off her sorts and sunglasses and dove in, poking at Japh when she surfaced.

Ben got on the diving board. He jumped on it a couple times, playing around with the weight. Then he slammed down on it. He launched himself upwards then used a strand of web straight shot directly into the pool. He pulled hard.

Ben became a human sling shot and curled up into a ball as he made impact in the water. "WHOO!"

"Oh, man! You guys have unfair advantages!" Laura yowled as she went under again, shaking her long hair out, spraying them.

Ben broke the surface sputtering. "Wow, that hurt." Ben coughed.

Tess braced her arms over her head for Ben's splash, feeling the impact ripple through the water. "Nice job. I can't make that big a splash when I try."

"Bah!" Japh retorted, "A baby splash!"

"Was it big?" Ben asked, noting stars. He pulled himself up and crawled over next to Rogue. "I'm done swimming." He said sleepily.

She slowly inched her chair back, further away from the pool. Really not a water fan. It ruined her hair, and she didn't really have other clothes to change into, nor was she going without clothes.

Tessa splashed Japh playfully, ignoring the fact that her white bathing suit turned nearly transparent when wet. "Think you can make a bigger one?"

"Well if he can we'll totally find out! Male pride and all!"

"Woo! I'm male and full if pride!" Japh said while wading through the water to the edge to climb out

"Why do I get the feeling I'm going to end up soaked anyway?"

Ben snored next to Rogue, the sun baking his skin.

"Well I suppose I can't get wetter than I am already..."

Kitty got up to check on the food, and turned off the grill. "I soooo don't wanna get wet!"

"Me neither..."

"Oh, Kitty! You remember going to that lingerie place? That stuff is surprisingly comfortable, you know?" Tessa hung onto the edge of the pool as she talked, gesturing with her hands.

Rogue put her plate on the ground and leaned back, letting her eyes drift closed. "That was so good, Kitty."

"Huh?" She blinked and grinned at Rogue. "Thanks! Glad you liked. There's, like TONS, so eat up!"

Japh had gotten out and walked over to the diving board. He did something he wondered about for a while now. He figured his body isn't like a switch that goes on and off. It's a muscle that contracts and expands, and the more you push it, the bigger it expands. He concentrated for a moment, pushing all the energy he could imagine in his body to wrok for him, and then he smiled as it started working.

Ben could see Japh out of the corner of his eye. "You are king of the world sir, king of the world."

Even though it was just a little, his body gained even more size, and then he made a couple of jumps on the board, and made his best splash.

Rogue winced a bit as her feet got wet from the splash. "Nice one, sugah."

Laura squealed, going under, fighting her way back to the surface before swimming to the side. "Okay, okay, I'm sitting out on the side!" she hauled herself up and wiped her hair out of her eyes.

Tessa closed her eyes as she was drenched, rubbing her eyes to get the water out. "Nice. You had to do it."

Kitty made sure the splashing was over and sat by the pool's edge, dipping her feet in.

Japh could feel the aftermath of using too much energy. He slowly made his way to the side of the pool and crawled out, then layed flat on his back, breathing hard. It felt like he had run a marathon. He wondered if he should try doing it more, see if he could built up his stamina. That was an idea.

Ben nodded to Japh. "Welcome to the Tired Side young padawon."

With Japh's eyes closed, he just vaguely waved at Ben. "Yeah....wahtever....oh man...gonna hurt in the morning."

Rogue snickered, "Sure ya shoulda done that, darlin'?" She moved so she was laying on her stomach with her head at the end of the lounger, facing Japh.

"You okay, Japh?"

"I'm A O K....I just need to catch my breath." he said. It was obvious his body had already starte to shring back to his orignal size, blue colour turning back to normal skin. "I think the twins are gonna be a bit hungry."

"Well, there's a feast on the patio!"

"Any more raw stuff? I feel like I'm having a raw day..."

"Yeah, I think I might get out and get some, too." Tessa pulled herself up and shook off, heading for the patio.

Japh turned to his side, then a little more on to his stomach, then letting the maggots climb out, "Eat my young ones, feast upon the morsels! But leave some for the people dammit!"

Rogue laughed and watched as the maggots started to crawl towards the grill.

Laura watched the maggots charge off. "Wow, they can really move it when they're hungry!"

"Um...there's hotdogs that I haven't cooked."

Japh crawled over to the deck chair and fell in it. He gave a sigh, then closed his eyes. Relaxing. He drifted off to sleep.

"Oh, ew, hotdogs? They're like not even meat!" she crinkled her nose a little. "I'm talkin about meat! Real meat that's still leaking red fluids!"

Ben went over and began to feast on the grilled sausage and hot dogs. "Mmmmm" He said. "I love grills."

"Well,t hen I don't have anything else, Laura! I cooked all the burgers." She shrugged. "Sorry."

"Ew, Laura." Rachel eyed her hamburger, not quite sure she wanted to eat the rest of it now.

"Remember that time back in Hollywood? Man, she totally went nuts."

rachel: "I remember being told about it. Couldn't go out much while I was there since I had migraines all summer," she shrugged.

"Going to the kitchen in the restaurant..." Kitty smiled fondly.

Rogue arched an eyebrow, "Do Ah wanna know?"

Rachel snickered. It'd sounded amusing when she'd be told after they got back, "It's not that bad from what I heard, just embarrassing."

"Like, embarassing for them!" laura flciked her hair over her shoulders. "Like a girl has needs! Mine just happen to include raw meat..."

"Yeah, like, Laura got hungry so we went to eat...but she was like, I want food NOW!"

Ben rubbed his belly as he sat in bliss. "I love food." he said gleefully.

"The smell just made me nuts. It's instinct, sometimes it like, kicks in and I can't help it..."

"It was pretty funny!"

"Like, you nearly died!"

Rogue laughed, "That's awesome, Laura." She winked, "Instinct huh? Like tha one that made y'all dive at me the other day?"

Looking to Rogue, she blushed slightly, nodding. "Yeah, that's the one! It can be annoying but most of the time I go with it, like, so I'm not denying myself."

"It's a good thing too. Ain't right ta ignore ya gut feelin's an' instincts. It's natural."

"Yeah, it's not like I'v killed anyone yet! Well, maybe a couple of rabbits with Kyle..."

"Well, now that splashing is over, I"m going for a dip!" She daintily dropped herself into the pool, squealing at the temperature change.

Getting up, Rachel set her plate aside, "Well, I think I'm going to go in. Need to talk to a few other people and find Josh."

"Ewwww! I'm not listening!" She ducked underwater. If she heard any more - she was going to go vegan on their asses!

"What? Rabbit is tasty!" Laura objected with a pout. "It's who I am, y'know..."

"Okay, well see ya later, Rae, remember my offer!" she skipped over abd hugged the girl, not too fiercely.

"I don't want to know the details!"

"Well I'm not giving details! Details would be...detailed."

"Kinda like the rabbit, de tailed," she snickered morbidly at her own joke.

She waved at Raechel. "Bye! See you later for a girl's night?"

Ben waved furiously to Rachel. "See ya Rae!" Ben said.

She returned the hug with a grin, "I won't. If I'm free and bored, I'll call you." She chewed on her lip, debating if she'd be free, "Uh...sure, Kit. I'll see you later."

"Well, I guess I"ll like, start cleaning up the food - maybe make a plate for Jean-Paul if he's around." she got out of the pool and toweled herself off.

"Course he'll be around, feel for the breeze passing you by!"

"Who's this?" Ben asked. "Breeze? Does he fart?"

"No! He's very...fast."

"Yeah, he has like super speed so it feels like a gust of wind when he passes by you in the halls."

"Ya haven't met Jean-Paul? Might know him as JP..."

"...Why haven't I seen him about?" Ben wondered. "Is he like...too fast for the average eye..."

"Yeah...and he's secretive."

"Only when he's moving too fast, which is usually the case."

"He ain't so fast in Vitos, usually cause he'll slwo down for a drink, or a dance!"

Kitty pursed her lips and began cleaning. She was still sore he'd never danced with her.

"Wish I had met him." Ben said. "He sounds cool." Ben looked around. "Meet new people here everydamn day man!"

"Yeah, people do seem to wander in and out and in and out..." Laura waved her hand about a little. "It's kinda cool like that..."

Looking up, she saw that the sky was beginning to darken and she gave a sigh. "Looks like it might rain..."

Rogue looked up also, "Smells like it too, kinda. Love that smell. Oh well." She sat up and picked up her plate and drink. "Ah'm gonna head in. Comin', Ben?"

"I think I will too, can't catch cold but that doesn't mean I want to try to!" she said cheerfully, shaking her wet hair a little.

Until that very moment the idea of going in hadn't occured. Ben picked up his plate and can. "Yup." He followed her closely, smiling.

"Well, everyone, grab something to bring in, then!"

"Sure thing," Laura turned around and picked up some plates and cups, shaking one of the maggots gently off. "Now you wait til later!"

Rogue nudged Japh on her way by, making him stir. "C'mon inside, sugah. Nap on tha couch." She grinned as he lazily got up and stumbled in. She grabbed some of the condiments on her way by the grill.

Kitty grabbed some of the plates and containers of food and went in.

Ben webbed the cooler and dragged it in on its wheels behind him.

Taking a look round at the patio, Laura grinned toothily. Aw, another end to another semester....
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Lol, glad Rogue thought of Japh, else he would wake up with a not so nice surprise.

oh, and de-tailed...I'm flabbergasted that no-one laughed at that, that's funny!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

:rogue: Anytime, sugah!
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone