JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

2-23 Game "Camp Wendigo"

Post by JSherlock »

Or A Snipe in the Hand

Scott sat back and angled his marshmallow so it caught fire in the embers under the teepee of wood he'd made.

Lorna: "Mmm, charred goo." Lorna smiled absently as she cleared some of the bark off of her chosen marshmallow stick. "Good times."

Meggan: Meggan couldn't see the allure of melted marshmallows so she was busy stalking anything that would provide a decent chase. Flies were fun.

Jubilee: "I don't think I really like marshmallows.." Jubilee said unhappily.

Lorna: "How can you not like marshmallows? It's like edible fluff...and on fire it's even better." Lorna chuckled and stabbed a poor victim of the marshmallow variety and waved it into the flames.

Summers: "The best kind." He slid his marshmallow off the stick and smushed it in between a slab of chocolate and graham crackers and took a big bite, wiping off the molten goo as it dripped. "fuck that's hot!" he said around the mouthful.

Lorna: Lorna chuckled at Scott's discover that recently aflame marshmallows were hot. "I bet."

Meggan: Meggan pounced on another fly, pinning it beneath her paws, resisting the temptation to eat it and finally letting it go.

Elizabeth: Lizzie watched from where she lay propped up. Looked messy. Giving a slight yawn, she scratched her head. "Well there’s a surprise. Tip; don't touch the pretty flames either!"

Josh: "How can you eat it like that? It's nothing but charcoal." Josh wrinkled his nose at the sight of Scott's marshmallow and bit into his own s'more.

Jubilee: "I mean, they too sweet.." She tried to explane making a face.

Selene: Selene scampered through the darkness beyond the firelight, here and there shuffling through some stuff on the ground until she found a decent stick of wood. She would occasionally glance at the assembled group around the fireplace, but mostly ignored them to continue collect some sticks. That sweet smell, however, was becoming increasingly pleasant.

Lorna: "Ah, well once you catch them on fire then they aren't nearly as sweet." Lorna smiled and pulled her flaming marshmallow out, rolling it a bit to make the flames lick up more evenly.

Summers: "No kidding." He grinned as he levered another fluff ball into the flames. "But damn, it's good." He scootched a bit on the camp chair and got comfortable.

Elizabeth: "I've never toasted marshmallows, actually..." she commented, pushing her arm under her chin as she lazed.

Meggan: Meggan shifted forms and became a rabbit, hopping back over to the group and watching the fire, sat back on her haunches. "Fire is pretty." she affirmed.

Josh: Josh looked at Scott for another minute, then gave him up for a lost cause. He grabbed another marshmallow, stuck it on a stick, and proceeded to warm it decently. Until it fell in the fire pit. "... Damn."

Selene: She looked down, finding that she had gathered enough plant stuff by now, so trudged back to the others. Selene dropped the pile of assorted sticks off next to them, then glanced around for a suitable place to sit. That tree trunk seemed to be somewhat comfortable.

Tessa: Tessa poked a marshmallow onto the end of a stick, thankfully clean now she'd whittled it down. "Camping was never quite like this at home." She watched as hers blackened and brought it up to blow it out.

Selene: "What is that stuff you people keep on burning in the fire," Selene asked after sitting down. She took a moment to rearrange her hair, tying it in place with her new headband.

Elizabeth: Raising an eyebrow at Selene's antic, she gave the other girl a grin and reached out for an uncooked marshmallow, nibbling on it.

Lorna: "Marshmallows. Want one?" Lorna offered her black marshmallow in Selene's direction.

Tessa: "Do we have crackers or something handy?" Tess looked around at the group, nearly shaking her head. She decided to peel the blackened bits off, exposing the gooey innards as she waited.

Summers: "Here, have mine, Josh." He pointed the browned marshmallow at Josh. "Or do you like them black?"

Meggan: Meggan twitched her whiskers at the strange smells. Melted marshmallows smelt very nice but they didn't agree with her.

Selene: Selene frowned and leaned over to cautiously sniff at the offered marshmallow. "Well, why not. Seemingly, it's a part of this whole camping thing, isn't it?" She took the charred little thing and popped it in her mouth.

Josh: "Thanks, but that's okay," Josh shook his head. "I'm gonna beat this marshmallow-roasting thing if it kills me," he added, setting up another marshmallow on his stick.

Lorna: "Graham crackers and chocolate, the usual fare of s'mores." Lorna nodded to Tessa and took her stick back, spearing another victim and lighting it on fire.

Elizabeth: they'd never done this sort of thing around campfires back home in England, especially not with crackers...odd Americans.

Summers: Scott pointed to the bag of crackers and chocolate. "We've got tons of stuff, enough for the whole trip, Tessa."

Selene: After chewing around on it for a second, she stopped. "It'ssww qwwuidde gwwoooey..." The damned stuff glued up her entire mouth.

Meggan: "Sian likes melted marshmallows on thos rich tea biscuits..." Meggan observed, "Those are nice with butter on too..."

Jubilee: Jubilee stood up. "I'm going to get us some firewood or something.. Ok..?" She said and began walk away.

Tessa: "Of what?" Tess raised an eyebrow at the word, cautiously reaching for a graham cracker. "You put chocolate on them? What happened to just marshmallow on a soda cracker?"

Bobby: "All right, rest assured there are no bears over thattaway." Bobby brushed off his jeans and twirled his marshmallow stabbing stick for the evening. Nice and sharp.

Lorna: "Yep, really, really gooey." Lorna grinned, blowing her marshmallow out and looking it over. Tasty, tasty. "Eww, soda cracker? No, go with the s'more gooey goodness. Trust us."

Josh: "Chocolate makes everything better," Josh said.

Selene: Selene struggled to swallow the thing down. "Ah, that's better. It's... sweet. And very gooey."

Lorna: "Heh, have your stabby stick for the evening there, Sweet cheeks?" Lorna grinned and sat back up, making room for Bobby.

Elizabeth: "It all sounds really sickly," Lizzie made a bit of a face, struggling up to sit properly before she fell asleep and hunted around for her water bottle.

Tessa: She slid the burned and scraped sweet off the stick with a finger, scooping it onto a square of brittle cookie. "Marshmallows on soda crackers is the best. It's like peanut butter and pretzels."

Bobby: "Arr, indeedy." He winked at Lorna and took his spot next to her, rummaging for a marshmallow. "Fucking A that fire's hot."

Meggan: Meggan thought peanut butter and pretzels sounded very odd indeed.

Jubilee: "Does anyone want to come with me?"

Selene: "I'm not so sure of this. I prefer natural foods." Selene glanced around. "After all, that's why we are here, no? To live off nature and survive its perils, yes?"

Lorna: "Yep, fire's hot." Lorna nodded and patted his knee before using it as a table to construct her s'more. "Mmm, nom nom nom."

Meggan: "If it wasn't hot there'd me no melted sweets," Meggan told bobby

Summers: "In a sense..." He grinned at Selene, "but what fun is there if one is not fully prepared with all the necessities before hand?"

Elizabeth: "Fire bad, tree pretty!" Lizzie nodded with a slight smirk as she drank her tepid water, making a face.

Meggan: Meggan looked up at Jubilee, "Um... if you don't mind a bunny for company..."

Bobby: "Yuhuh. I just don't like it that hot." He grinned and stole Lorna's piece of chocolate. "Reminds me of sparring with Shiro."

Jubilee: Jubilee smiled "I don't mind at all"

Elizabeth: "You got to spar with the One Eyed Wonder? God please tell me you taped it."

Selene: "Oh, I am prepared." Selene gestured at her brand new outdoors outfit, complete with boots, pants, vest and a matching hat. "I went to a camping store to get this. According to an outdoors magazine, that is the perfect equipment to survive out here."

Summers: "Yep." He hid his grin behind his bottle of water.

Lorna: "Heeey. Steal my chocolate and I'll just keep making you spar with Shiro." Lorna cut that statement off a bit quickly...well, that was doubtful. She didn't exactly work out as a leader after all, right? Doubtful she should even think about taking up the mantle again. She just sat and ate her s'more though. Not the time to think of that.

Josh: "You look," Josh stammered, staring at Selene's outfit, "... prepared," he repeated.

Selene: "The wilds are a dangerous place," she said ominously. "You can never know what waits in the darkness. Oh, and watch the owls. Always watch the owls."

Meggan: Meggan hopped over to Jubilee, "There's some dead woon off this way, we can use that," She hopped a little way further to show Jubilee where she meant.

Lorna: "Watch the owls? Are they going to vomit mice up on us?"

Josh: In spite of himself, Josh's eyes roamed the treetops, half-expecting an owl to swoop down and peck at his head.

Bobby: "Well, I never did get to use an ice sabre on him, so that's okay." He glanced over at her before skewering his marshmallow for flambe. "...not the mice."

Selene: She picked up some of the stick she collected. "Well, digested mice bones, yes." Selene nodded, then drew her new hunting knife.

Tessa: "Shiro?" Tessa out a chocolate piece in the sandwich and bit into it, almost immediately spitting it back out. "Oh that's nasty. how do you stand that much sugar?"

Bobby: Bobby gaped slightly at Tessa. "Dude, you did not just do that! Smore abuse!"

Jubilee: "Ok. Lead the way." Jubilee said following Meggan.

Lorna: "I'm pretty sure our mice are safe from owls." Lorna assured him and stabbed another marshmallow and looked up at Tessa. "Blasphemer!"

Summers: "It's an acquired taste." He grinned messily at Tessa, chocolate and marshmallow goo everywhere.

Selene: Selene proceeded to carve the long stick, forming a sharp tip out of the end.

Meggan: Meggan bounded off into the trees, making sure that Jubilee could still see
her. Just in case, she changed her fur to white and made herself a little bigger.

Bobby: "How is it acquired? Man, that is natural. It doesn't get more natural." Bobby watched the marshmallow start to crisp.

Elizabeth: "What're you making?" she leant over to Selene in interest, watching her carve.

Tessa: Halfway through a laugh, she looked up. "I can't eat that! too sweet...it makes my eyes water." She poked another marshmallow on, thinking she'd just eat this one plain.

Lorna: "It really doesn't." Lorna smirked and narrowed her eyes, hitting Bobby's marshmallow with hers.

Josh: Josh stuck three marshmallows on his stick and bent it over the flames. "If Tess doesn't want s'mores, I'm making extras."

Elizabeth: "Well it can't be too sweet. It's American chocolate, it's quite bitter...Now put some Cadburys in, and then you'd want to spit it back up."

Selene: "Spears. For hunting. And killing whatever will show up to kill us." She gave

Lizzie a look."I'm not sure what's the point to live in the wild with all those modern tools that make life so easy. It goes against the spirit of survival. The never-ending struggle against a cruel, unforgiving nature." Selene had wore a determined expression.

Bobby: "Oh, that makes your eyes water? I guess I don't need to offer you the tequila later then." He moved his marshmallow and poked her side in retaliation.

Elizabeth: Lizzie looked back to Selene, raising an eyebrow. "Um. I don't think we need to kill anything...And, if anything wants to kill us we can depend on our powers rather than pointy sticks."

Lorna: "Ack!" Lorna jumped and cackled. "Oooh, who packed tequila?" Sitting around a fire with gooey stuff and getting tipsy sounded quite nice right now.

Tessa: "Oh, no thank you. Tequila is good for getting smashed quick and making yourself vomit. That's it." Tessa bit into the marshmallow and oulled a string off it, licking it from ehr fingers.

Bobby: Bobby heard Selene and looked over, raising an eyebrow and blink-blinking at Liz.

Jubilee: Jubilee walked after Meggan in the forest, humming quietly. "Are we there?" She asked after a while.

Lorna: "You're just afraid you'll accidently drink the worm, aren't you?" Lorna grinned and pointed her marshmallow at Tessa before pulling it off with her next s'more sandwich pieces.

Meggan: Meggan stopped in an area where there were a few dead branches and twigs lying around. All dried out and perfect for firewood and they wouldn't have to hurt any trees to get it either. "Here it is!"

Selene: "This might be true, but isn't this ancient, primal struggle what this wilderness experience is all about. I've lived in the wild before, so I know what I'm talking about. If we wanted to have it easy, we shouldn't have bothered with all that hassle in the first place." She made an odd face. "See, we need to experience the wild to live."

Bobby: "You just gotta pace, and I packed tequila, of course... among other things."
Bobby put together his s’more and took a bite. "Ow, dammit, ow..."

Selene: "That's the reason why I took the liberty to gather all of your cell phones and bury them in the ground around here." Selene nodded eagerly. "I'm certain that this will be an unique experience."

Lorna: Among other things... Lorna wriggled her eyebrow at Bobby. "Very good, boyscout. Always be prepared."

Tessa: "You did what?" Tessa turned to Selene with a blank look. "You stole our cell phones?"

Bobby: "....wha?" Bobby said around his hot mouthful, patting his pocket for his phone

Lorna: "Huh?" Lorna looked up, wondering if Selene were serious...wait, it was Selene. Wasn't she always serious?

Elizabeth: "...That's the third mobile this year!" Lizzie wailed a little. "It's not like it even got a signal here anyway!"

Selene: "I didn't steal them. You will get them back once this trip is over." She nodded. "Just as I'll return this hunting equipment."

Jubilee: "Thank you" Jubilee said as began to gather branches from the ground.

Lorna: "Aww, you didn't take my camera too? I have to have evidence of some things that happen out here."

Tessa: "Mind telling me where you buried it so I can get it back now? I do need that for things that don't lend themselves to letters."

Elizabeth: "Selene..." she put her head in her hands. "You can't just do that. And, really, this isn't exactly thr wilds of the primal struggle..."

Bobby: After a moment's pause he shrugged. "Oh well, at least my dad can't call..." He snickered at Lorna's comment. Oh, indeed.

Selene: "No?" Selene blinked, feeling utterly confused.

Summers: Scott moved so that the bottom of his shoes wouldn't melt. He looked around the fire, smiling happily to himself, watching the light flicker across his friends' faces. This was living. Wait what? He reached for his pocket, finding nothing. What if Angel called or something? "Okay, why the hell did you take them?"

Meggan: Meggan shifted into her blue form and helped gather some wood too. "So how do you like the camping?"

Lorna: "Yeah, no fatherly interruptions out in the wild." Lorna was having a difficult time not to smirk too much.

Tessa: Tessa blinked at Selene, biting her tongue so as not to say something rash. "I need to know where my cell phone is, Selene."

Josh: "I don't have any of those numbers memorized..." Josh put in pitifully.

Selene: Selene sat back and sighed. "Oh well. They are behind that stones over there. It's not deep." She pouted.

Elizabeth: "I'll get them," Lizzie offered standing up and wandering over to the stones.

Selene: "I guess I understood this camping thing somewhat wrong then."

Bobby: "Nope. No interruptions at all." He bounced a marshmallow off her nose.

Jubilee: "Uum.. I don't know.. I like the forest, but I really don't like marshmallows.." Jubilee answered.

Lorna: Lorna looked up at Bobby as her nose was marshmallow gooed. "Are you going to eat that bit?" Lorna pointed at her nose.

Elizabeth: Fishing out the phones from the dirt and stones, she pocketed her phone, dusting it carefully off and checking for any messages before givng the others a quick wipe, returning them to their owners around the fire. "They seem alright, at least it hasn't rained."

Jubilee: "What about you?"

Meggan: Meggan giggled, "I don't like marshmallows either. They make me ill. But I love being outside! I can't get bored out here. There's just so much to do."

Summers: "Thanks, Lizzie. Yeah. This is just us going out and sleeping in tents and stuff...nothing's all that different, Selene. And I don't think the store will let you return used items." He took his phone. Nope. Angel hadn't called. Damn.

Bobby: "All part of the master plan," he said, leaning over and kissing the bit of marshmallow off and trailing the kiss south a bit.

Elizabeth: Leaving the phones of those absent by Scott, she sat back down and looked at her phone again. Nothing. Sighing inwardly, she lay on her back, watching the sky.

Tessa: Tessa thanked Lizzie and pocketed her cell, rolling her eyes at the idea of burying them. Idiocy is rampant out here. She let her marshmallow burn, considering it thouhtfully. "So, Bobby, you said you had tequila?"

Selene: She continued to carve her spear, now and then testing the sharpness of the tip. "So we're basically spending the trip sitting around this fireplace? That's entirely different to the previous times I was living in the woods." She pondered. "Well, maybe it's not entirely bad to still make use of some benefits of modern civilization."

Elizabeth: ((Dont let Lizzie know that, she'll have a fit :P))

Bobby: ((:shifty))

Summers: ((LOL))

Selene: Selene reached up to the pocket of her vest, feeling the familiar shape of her pill box there. She was painfully aware that there were only two doses left.

Summers: "Well, we can go hiking, swimming in the river nearby, climb trees, read, relax...it's not like we're going to be living off the land."

Lorna: Now this was camping and the proper use of marshmallows. That actually gave Lorna ideas for later. Yep, this was camping.

Jubilee: "I think we should go back now so others won't get worried." Jubilee said standing up.

Selene: "Sounds promising." Selene nodded at Scott, fishing out a leather band to wrap it around the shaft of the spear, effectively creating a handle.

Meggan: "Oki." Meggan chirped, leading the way back to the camp.

Elizabeth: Pulling her pill box out of her pocket, she flicked it over around around her fingers, watching it glitter in the firelight.

Bobby: "Mmm." Bobby pulled back from the kiss and smiled at Lorna. He approved of this camping. "Yup, tequila, rum... change your mind, Tess?"

Lorna: "Tequila, tequila, tequila!" Lorna grinned and clapped. She didn't know what it was but being out ehre was doing loads of good for her mood.

Selene: Selene looked up from her spear as something shiny caught her eye. What a pretty box Lizzie had. She carefully leaned over to get a better look, wondering what might be inside it. Oh, wouldn't you really want to know that?

Meggan: "We come bearing yet more tree-friendly firewood!" Meggan announced, dumping the wood on the pile, "What did we miss...? Ooo I sparkle!" Meggan giggled watching the firelight play on her skin.

Jubilee: Back at the camp Jubilee put the firewood on the ground few meters away from the actual fire.

Tessa: "I'll try something with the rum, if you don't mind." Tessa said, through a mouthful of marshmallow.

Bobby: "Coming right up then, ladies," he said, finishing off his smore and getting up to go to their tent.

Bobby: ((brb))

Selene: She tried to look over Lizzie's shoulder to get a glance at the box's contents, but had to lean over further. Loosing her balance, she tipped over and fell from her tree trunk. "Whaaa...!"

Summers: Noticing, that everyone was back, he cleared his throat, as the drinks started coming out. "So...ghost story time, I think."

Lorna: Lorna flopped back a bit as her leaning boy got pu to get tequila. "Aww, my pillow's gone."

Elizabeth: She jumped up at Selene's sudden movement, looking at the girl. "Are you alright?" she asked, puzzled, closing her fingers around her box.

Jubilee: She sat down next to Meggan, stareing into the flickering firelight.

Lorna: "You okay, Selene?" Lorna sat back up as she asked their survivalist friend. "Oooh, have a good story, Scott?"

Tessa: "Oh, ghost stories." Tessa turned to Scott. "What do you have in your repetoire?" She halfway smiled, awaiting the scary stories.

Meggan: Meggan looked over to Selene, stopping mid-twirl, "Are you alright?"

Selene: "Yes! I'm OK." Selene quickly sat up. "I just had to... dodge an owl. Yes." She really would like to know more about that box, but didn't want to ask in front of all the others.

Lorna: Dodge an...riiiight. "Okay, just as long as you're okay.

Lorna: *"

Meggan: Meggan riased an eyebrow, there was no owl... "Owl's won't hurt you, silly." she said

Bobby: Bobby returned with a clinking backpack and plopped back down beside Lorna. "Probably got a little something for everybody in here, but sorry, chickas, it's camping and I didn't pack cups."

Selene: Selene sat crossed legged on the ground and dusted herself off. She glanced up at Meggan with wide eyes. "Oh, you're sparkly."

Lorna: "I don't think we'll need cups. We can surely manage to share." Lorna nodded and went back to leaning against Bobby. Much better.

Meggan: "Huh?" Meggan looked at Bobby then the bag, "You're all going to drink now?"

Summers: "I've got a lot. You all wanna hear about Hook, or maybe the Kachina Doll?"

Elizabeth: Fantastic. Alcohol...Reaching out for another marshmallow, she popped it unmelted into her mouth

Meggan: Meggan grinned at Selene and nodded, "Sparkly and blue. It's great!"

Lorna: "Hmm, don't think I know Kachina Doll off of the top of my head."

Jubilee: "I think owls are pretty..."Jubilee said absently.

Selene: Selene nodded in agreement, quite mesmerized by Meggan's odd appearance. "It certainly seems like it. It looks fascinating."

Elizabeth: "Try and tell me ont I don't know, Scott," Lizzie smirked a bit. "I've had the 'luck' to hear a lot..."

Tessa: Tessa rummaged in Bobby's bad of booze, coming out trumphant with Captain Morgan. She poured a little onto the marshmallow and stuck it in the flame, quickly pulling back out as it popped. "Lovely."

Josh: Josh looked around the fire, quietly nibbling on his triple s'more. He'd never had the experience of camping out before. "I definitely haven't heard either of them," he said.

Bobby: "When do we not drink?" Bobby put on the cheeky grin and put his arm around
Lorna, taking a swig out of the tequila bottle. "Niiice, Tess."

Selene: "What are you doing?" She looked from one to the other. "Telling ghost stories?" Selene blinked, then shook her head. "I would be careful with such stories. Don't you know that it angers the ghost if you needlessly tell stories about them for your mere amusement? They will make the stories come true, repeat themselves, if you tell them too often."

Meggan: Meggan smiled at Selene again and decided to sit beside her in case of any more 'owls'. "I'm not supposed to drink..." Meggan did feel a bit left out for that.

Lorna: "Arr, have a li'l captain in ya?" Lorna chuckled ahd stole a quick swig from Bobby's bottle before breaking off a hunk of chocolate, foregoing the marshmallow or cracker for now.

Elizabeth: "Though if anyone tells a story about Ted and Sue running out of gas and Ted going to get it, escaped maniac on the radio, blah, blah, I will bury you in the forest..."

Summers: "You all know about the Monkey Paw?

Summers: "

Selene: "The same goes for me." Selene nodded at Meggan. She found it hard to keep her eyes off of her sparkly skin. So mesmerizing. "I don't drink."

Bobby: "Hmmm, this does kinda look like Camp Crystal Lake out here, so it may not be ghosts we have to worry about."

Meggan: "I don't know any ghost stories. I wasn't allowed to listen..." She looked at Selene, "Then we can just sit ant laugh at them when they start being silly."

Tessa: Tessa smiled and kept it lit, popping it in her mouth whole. "Mmm. Delicious."

Summers: "Right?" he asked in a hushed voice. "Well, it happened in the 1860s, a man was visiting a friend..." http://www.castleofspirits.com/monkeyspaw.html

Lorna: "Yep, just don't go canoeing tomorrow or Jason'll jump out from the water at you." Lorna smirked, wondering if someone would try to reenact that scene.

Elizabeth: "Oh, isn't that the one where the son dies and the man gets two hundred pounds?"

Selene: Selene pondered that. "Well, yes, we might tell stories about psychotic serial killers. Telling them won't cause any further harm." She raised a finger and nodded. "In fact, I'm quite sure that such a psychotic killer should be already quite near to us. Did you see how many films there are about campers being slain? I mean, statistically speaking, not everyone of us should make it out alive."

Summers: "Yeah ok. You tell one, then, Lizzie."

Lorna: Psychotic killers...striking a bit too close to home there.

Elizabeth: Lizzie made a face at Selene, then looked at Scott, shrugging. "Sorry. I was stuvk in school dormitaries sinec I was nine, I got told a lot of stories."

Selene: She glanced back at Meggan. "Yes, that sounds like a decent idea. I actually planned to laugh at them, anyway."

Jubilee: Jubilee took some sandwiches from her backpack. "Do you want one?" She asked Meggan and Selene.

Bobby: "Just nobody say 'I'll be right back' and we should be fine." Bobby laughed, taking another drink. "Or skinny dip. Sex will call them too." He stopped and considered that.

Meggan: Meggan's eyes widened at Selene's comment. The girl had a point. Some of those movies had to have been true. There were too many.

Meggan: "No thank you..." She said distractedly to Jubilee, "Not hungry..."

Selene: "I think I will take one." She took a sandwich from Jubilee with a thankful nod.
"Thank you. It certainly should be better than this gooey marshmallow."

Summers: "How about the Kachina doll? Have you heard that one?"

Lorna: "Oh crap well there goes my plans for the evening." Lorna tried to keep a straight face as she commented back at Bobby's warnings of what not to do, stealing the tequila bottle again.

Bobby: "At least I'll die happy," he smirked, tipping his head against hers.

Elizabeth: "Don't think so. Unless we call it a different name in England, we have Mollys Dolly there..."~

Jubilee: "Oh.." Jubilee began to eat her own sandwich happily.

Lorna: Lorna snorted. "It'll be a good way to go." Enough death jokes damnit.

Summers: "Molly's Dolly...?"

Meggan: "Like I said, I know no stories. I wasn't allowed outside aso I couldn't hear them."

Selene: "In fact, aren't serial killers that much more scary because their deeds are verifiable and real?" Selene mused. "Now, there's little doubt that all the nasty and evil things you have heard about in stories are founded in reality and therefore true, as well, but psycho-killers...? Yes, everyone believes in them." She nodded to herself, gripping her spear while she glanced around.

Elizabeth: "Yeah, the cursed doll thing. It's lame, really year five material."

Meggan: Meggan shuffled closed to the spear-wielding Selene. This girl talked a lot of sense.

Tessa: Tessa raised an eyebrow at the stories of movie-killings. "Well, we could always talk about Jack the ripper if you like, Selene."

Elizabeth: "Well, in a way that's true Selene, all myths have some truth in them...But, I doubt we're going to get mass murdered as we camp here."

Meggan: "Well of course we won't - we're expecting it."

Bobby: "Okay, well, I'll tell you what's not lame. Look around - we're in classic fuckin' wendigo territory. Late tonight, after the fire's out... when the wind picks up. We'll hear him." Bobby even managed to keep his voice hushed. "The Indians knew..."

Jubilee: Jubilee yawned. "Why do we have to tell horror stories?" She asked.

Meggan: "Wendigos? What's a Wendigo?"

Summers: "Oh, that's right, Bobby."

Lorna: Lorna held her breath. Not going to laugh. No, can't laugh. Lorna couldn't help it. She snorted.

Tessa: "Wendigo?"

Selene: "That's true," she agreed with Meggan. "The mistake every victim of such killers made is that they didn't fight back."

Meggan: Meggan looked around, feeling a little worried now.

Josh: "Wendigo sounds like a sneeze," Josh put in.

Bobby: "Don't laugh... it's true." He gave Lorna a big-eyed look, going for the Academy
Award. "Creeps me out even."

Summers: "Cannibalistic creatures that roamed these woods."

Elizabeth: "And I suppose Harry and the Hendersons are going to turn up next..."

Meggan: "Cannibalistic? That means they eat each other right? So we should be ok?"

Summers: "The movie The Descent had Wendigo creatures."

Elizabeth: "Well if wendigos are cannibals that's cool as they'll just eat each other."

Meggan: Meggan shivered. She really didn't like that movie. It didn't end well.

Tessa: "Oh, alright. Tell us the story." Tessa laughed lightly, leaning against a tree facing the fire.

Bobby: "Nah, that loophole doesn't work - they're shape shifters," he said.

Josh: "Well, shit," Josh said.

Summers: "No - Wendigos are humans turned into such creatures, and they hunt humans, their greed insatiable."

Selene: "Oh, really?" Selene's face lit up. "Now, and you said we wouldn't have to go around and kill something. A wendigo. Sounds like a suitable prey to me." She tapped the tip of her spear. "Can I try out my spear?"

Lorna: Okay, the snort was gone and she could play along. "Well yeah but don't you think there would be some sort of 'don't camp here' warning by now?"

Elizabeth: "Oh great, so we're going to get eaten by a prospective classmate."

Summers: "You didn't see the sign as we drove in?" he asked Lorna.

Meggan: Meggan frowned. She was a shapeshifter....

Summers: "And we are the only people camping around here."

Elizabeth: "What, welcome to the campsite but please don't camp here?"

Bobby: "Man, this is old Indian territory. All of upstate New York is."

Meggan: "I don't eat people...." It was true she'd never eaten a human but she had.... killed some.

Lorna: "Heh, everybody edge away from Meggan now." Lorna put on her shocked face. "I was a little distracted when we drove in."

Summers: ((http://www.horrormasters.com/Text/a0228.pdf and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo))

Elizabeth: "Yes, cause who the hell would want to camp out when we did, Scott? Remember that weird retreat camp we did in first year?"

Bobby: "Why do you think it's never been developed, why it's a park and not condos or something?"

Tessa: "As is most of the eastern seaboard. Not scary." Tessa pointed out, gesturing with her marshmallow stick, empty currently of sweets.

Jubilee: "I really want to hear more.." She was going to sleep well, she just knew it.

Summers: "Yeah the old brown and white sign...it was leaning into the branches."

Meggan: Meggan drew her knees to her. She wasn't going to eat anyone. Wasn't.

Elizabeth: "Oh, yeah, really Scott. Then why didnt you tell us as we drove in?"

Selene: "Cannibalistic, changed humans?" Selene mumbled to herself. "Now, isn't that a frightening thought?"

Tessa: "Isn't that us, really? well, aside from the cannibalism." She shrugged.

Meggan: "Yes... aside from teh cannibalism." Meggan let out a short hysterical giggle.

Bobby: "That's what makes it scary, isn't it? Maybe the wendigo is real... maybe it's a mutant."

Elizabeth: "This does remind me of the time we went camping in cadets and we pitched up near some old burial site, plague pit or something. People were convinced that there were bumps and wails all night. Which, was really me, Charlie and Rueben getting drunk on cider."

Selene: Selene looked at Tessa with an unreadable expression. "Yes, an interesting thought, isn't it? Aside from the cannibalism, of course." You should really be silent now...

Elizabeth: "It's all in the mind," smirking, she rolled on to her side. "Y'know, for the first time in years I actually want cider...Odd that."

Summers: "I thought people were paying attention. It said there was a burial ground somewhere, though. The rest was pitted and scraped."

Tessa: "What, like Vic?" Tess raised an eyebrow. "I can just see someone like Vic rnning around scaring people and then laughing."

Elizabeth: "Well, burial grounds don't bother me..."

Jubilee: "I'm going to sleep." Jubilee stated getting up and grabing her backpack.

Bobby: "Not all mutants are quite as friendly as Vic, y'know." This was actually staring to creep him out. "We should know that by now."

Meggan: "Ok, good night Jubilee. We'll wake you if a wendigo cvomes."

Selene: "Me neither," Selene agreed with Lizzie. "Few people are less troublesome than the dead."

Lorna: "Wrong side of the country. Actually Dad and I were hiking once and we saw something really hairy. We decided it was a sasquatch."

Summers: "All right, Lady Elizabeth, please do bore us with your lame ass five year old stories, then."

Selene: Selene waved after Jubilee.

Lorna: "Bye, Jubes."

Bobby: Bobby blinked at Lorna.

Elizabeth: "Oh pull that stick out of your arse Summers, the fire needs more wood."

Lorna: Lorna looked back at Bobby with the straightest face she could muster.

Summers: He tossed a marshmallow at her.

Elizabeth: "Seriously. All this rubbish is in the mind. That's why explorers and such went mad on long trips. They drove themselves mad with these sorts of stories."

Meggan: "Well it's just as well we're already bonkers. The stories will have no effect on us." Meggan determined

Bobby: "Yeah, well, can you really say that though?" He took another drink. "Fuck, people still think we're myths too in some places."

Lorna: Oh, thanks a lot Meggan. Lorna stole the bottle back to cover the quick sour expression that went over her face.

Jubilee: "Good night.." Jubilee said starting to walk to the tent.

Selene: Selene raised an eyebrow at Meggan. Yes, some people around this campfire certainly were somewhat different in the head.

Summers: "Night, sleep well."

Elizabeth: "Night, Jubes, don't let the bed bugs bite!"

Selene: "Good night, Jubilee."

Lorna: "Night! We'll try to keep the Wendingos out."

Jubilee: "Ooor.. I could just stay.." Jubilee said to herself, returning back to others.

Meggan: Meggan smiled at Jubilee, "It's up to you."

Lorna: "Ooh, you know what we should so do? Anyone want to go snipe hunting?"

Summers: "We'll be right here, Jubilee. Nothing will come into your tent and get you."

Summers: "Snipe hunting?"

Selene: "Snipe hunting?"

Tessa: "What's a snipe?"

Meggan: "What's a snipe?"

Elizabeth: "Snipe? Like the little birds?"

Bobby: "Wen-Dingos?" Bobby found that far funnier than it was and buried his face against her neck to laugh.

Elizabeth: "Or we could play hide and seek. No torches."

Jubilee: "I decided not go to sleep just yet." Jubilee said sitting down.

Lorna: "Yeah, like the birds." Lorna nodded and laughed as Bobby was giggling on her. She was trying to be convincing and that wasn't helping her cause.

Tessa: "Oh that sounds good. Who's seeking?" Tessa tied her hair back as she thought she started to smell it singing, where it was sporead out.

Meggan: "I don't need at torch." Meggan shifted her nose into the form of a dog's nose to prove her point.

Selene: "I used to play hide and seek a lot." Selene remarked. "Sometimes, it wasn't even meant as a game."

Josh: "I'm turning in," Josh said, stealing a bar of chocolate. "No kids' games for me."

Lorna: "Oh pansy. You just know we would so find you."

Jubilee: "I can play.." Jubilee said.

Elizabeth: "Yep, would be pretty hard to miss that lovely glow!"

Josh: Josh snorted. "Nah, I just don't wanna go out their without all them wen-dingies and stuff."

Summers: "Sniping sounds fun."

Elizabeth: "Oh, yes, sniping is fun," she gave Scott a smile. "We played it back home..."

Lorna: "Oh it is fun. They're hard as hell to catch." Lorna nodded.

Selene: "Good night, Josh." Selene waved. "And dream something scary, yes?"

Bobby: "Maybe the dingo ate your snipe!" He giggled again, trying to get himself back under control, but hey... he was in a good spot now. So he kissed her neck.

Lorna: Lorna couldn't help it and dissolved into giggles. Hmm, it would be hard snipe hunting and keeping Bobby the way he was.

Selene: Selene decided to carve another piece of wood, seeing that the others were back to making no sense again.

Jubilee: "What are we going to play..?"

Lorna: "Who's up for hunting then. Selene's already starting on spears it seems."

Summers: "Right. Well, I'll go get some stuff for the snipe hunt." Mainly my first aid kit...

Elizabeth: "Okay, so anyone else goine snipe hunting before?" she asked the group, looking at Lorna with a grin. "Well, you have..."

Meggan: "I still don't know what a snipe is..."

Selene: "Me neither."

Tessa: "I'm not sure I want to know."

Lorna: "It's a bird, mean little bugger. Haven't seen any but I'm pretty sure I heard some earlier. They're what was making that funny kachooing sound, remember?" Lorna was glad she had an excuse for her face to not be completely straight.

Tessa: Tessa quirked an eyebrow up and shrugged. Might as well. "So, why are we looking for one?"

Bobby: "It's a ground bird - believe me, you'll know one when you see it." Bobby pulled Lorna onto his lap, still laughing. "See, she's an expert, my smart girl."

Elizabeth: "Yeah, it was when we were having dinner, I think?" Lizzie nodded. "They like areas like this."

Lorna: Lorna grinned and settled down onto her new seat. "Yep, ground birds. They're actually pretty valuable as pets too."

Selene: Selene gave the trees a suspicious look. "Birds? Most birds I've met are mean."

Meggan: "There are lots of birds here, how are we supposed to know if it's the right one? Not everone can just ask them..."

Lorna: "Well, they're sort of reddish, long beak. They'll be sort of burrowed in the softer bits of dirt."

Jubilee: "I don't think I want to hunt them.." Jubilee said.

Summers: "Yep." He came back and unloaded his backpack. "I have flashlights for everyone, as well as walkie-talkies, just in case."

Summers: ((http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipe))

Tessa: "So, why are we looking for them?" Tessa was genuinely confused.

Elizabeth: "They''ve also got a speckled breast...Pretty fat."

Selene: "And why would me want to hunt them? Are they mean birds? Or tasty birds, perhaps?"

Selene: *we

Meggan: "Hmmm..." Meggan thought for a moment then shifted into a pretty accurate representation of a snipe, "Like this?"

Lorna: "Oh good, we'll definitely need the walkie-talkies." Lorna grinned at that. It would be fun to listen to everyone hunting. "Well, I've never tasted them but I've heard they're pretty tasty. Oh! Yeah, that's really close, Meggan."

Bobby: "We'll do it because you people don't believe in ghosts," he said, taking another drink and working his hand under Lorna's shirt to tickle her side. "Ha! See, Meg's got it!"

Meggan: "Oki!" Meggan sprang back into her human form trying to think how best to go about this hunting business. She didn't know what teh bird smelled like so maybe she could ask a resident of the forest for directions....?

Elizabeth: "I'll stick to my telepathy, thanks," she waved off a walkie talkie with a grin.

Selene: "I think I'll do the same."

Lorna: Lorna shivered at the hand and grinned. "So..shall we sort of divy up in teams and pick a direction? Make sure you all know your way back to camp of course."

Elizabeth: "Or leave a trail of white pebbles!"

Meggan: "I can smell my way back." Meggan grinned, being a shapeshifter was so useful.

Selene: Selene hesitated. There was a definite chance that she'd get lost somewhere along the way.

Lorna: "Oh yeah, definitely mark your trail. Just in case we have to come looking for you."

Bobby: "I call the expert's team!" Oh, fuck, this meant he would have to move.

Tessa: "Sure..." Tessa stood and brushed herself off, "I'll be with whoever wants me."

Lorna: Lorna grined and reached behind her to put her arm around Bobby's shoulders. "I had a feeling you'd say that."

Elizabeth: Dusting some dried earth off the seat of her shorts, Lizzie gave an offering sweep of her arm to a path off into the woods. "Anyone?"

Summers: I think I might be the home base liason, and go running out with my emergency kit if someone gets hurt."

Bobby: "Mmm, I bet you had a feeling." He shifted a little under her, though if he was going to walk he needed to knock that off fast.

Tessa: Tess wandered off towards where Lizzie's arm had swept out. "So, tell me what the point is to this hunt, exactly?"

Summers: "To bring back a Snipe."

Selene: Selene still sat on the ground and watched everyone get moving. "So, we're going to look for it now, yes? Who wants to have me?"

Lorna: "Yeah, get that ol' snipe. Have to remember the call for them. Kachoo really nice and loud like we heard at dinner."

Meggan: "Doesn't sound too hard..."

Elizabeth: Lizzie snorted a bit at Lorna, turning it into a sneeze. Oh this should be interesting....

Selene: "So we should call them like that and they will come?"

Meggan: Meggan looked at Selene, "If you want I'll pair up with you."

Jubilee: "Right. Uum.. I don't have a pair.."

Tessa: "That sounds awfully close to what we did to small children back home..." Tessa muttered under her breath, feeling fairly sure this was nothing but a wild goose chase. "So, bring back a snipe."

Summers: "Yep. So Selene can pluck it, gut it, and cook it for us."

Meggan: "No! We can't kill it!" Meggan surprised herself with that outburst, "Er.. sorry..."

Selene: "Yes, we can go together," she told Meggan, then looked at Jubilee. "Perhaps you'd like to accompany us then."

Elizabeth: "No, you can't eat them, they're too stringy."

Lorna: "Okay, Meggan can keep it if she wants." Lorna shrugged, not wanting to really get up right now.

Meggan: Meggan beamed, "Really? I can keep it!?"

Lorna: "I mean, if we bring it back with us we'll probably have to take it to the vet and get things checked out."

Jubilee: "Yes, if that's all right with you.."

Elizabeth: "Yeah, just dont let it inside the school when we get back...You'll need to build an aviary-thingy for it..."

Summers: He shrugged. "Go forth and hunt." He plopped back on his camp chair, and tossed walkie-talkies at people.

Selene: "Fine, so we shall find a sniper, but not kill anything. I think I got it."

Lorna: "Will do, home base!" Lorna laughed as she caught the walkie-talkie thrown her way.

Tessa: Tessa shook her head at this game. She vainly wished she'd conviced Ady to come out here...but that, she was fairly sure, wuoldn't have happened. "Oh, this ought to be fun."

Meggan: "I can just ask one of the other guys in teh woods to tell me where these birdies like to live." Meggan caught a walkie talkie, "Doesn't seem too hard."

Lorna: "Yep, good luck." Lorna forced herself to stand up and turned to offer Bobby an arm up.

Selene: Selene caught a walkie-talkie that came flying her way. "Thank you. But I'll just be in your head should we get lost."

Elizabeth: "Hey no chearting with powers, Meg!" Lizzie called out with a laugh.

Meggan: "It's not cheating if they offer their help." Meggan stuck her tongue out at Lizzie

Bobby: Bobby got up then took her arm, spinning her around into his side. "Don't want to get too far from the expert, after all." He loudly kakooed at the others. "Remember to call 'em, folks!"

Elizabeth: "Is so cheating!" she poked her tongue out back. "We can't ask for help!"

Lorna: "Kakoo!" Lorna laughed as she was spun around and put her arms around his side again. "Wouldn't want you to get too far from me at all. Kakoo!"

Selene: "Yes, we'll make sure to call them." Selene grabbed her spear and her bag, then followed Jubilee and Meggan into the woods. "Now see how wonderfully dark it is out here. And how quiet. Aren't woods at night a wonderful thing? Well, until we start to call those strange birds, that is."

Meggan: Meggan breathed in deeply, "Night time is definately the best. It smells nice."

Bobby: Bobby gave Scott a giant shit-eating grin as the others headed off.

Summers: He waved back. "Have fun!"

Selene: "I think I shall try this out." Selene stopped in front of a particularly large, gnarly tree. "They said that these birds live on the ground, but don't have birds their nests up in the trees?"

Lorna: "Good luck everyone." Lorna waved as the hunt began and then indulged herself in a smirk. Ah, this was nice.

Jubilee: "They are beautiful." Jubilee answered very quietly.

Selene: "Kachoooo?"

Lorna: "See you later, Scott." Lorna smirked and pulled Bobby off in the direction of the lake.

Meggan: "Yeah birds usually like trees... seems a bit silly for them to live on the ground in a forest full of things that would eat their eggs...."

Selene: She looked to the left and the right. The forest still was quiet. "I'm not so sure about this."

Elizabeth: "Kaachooo!" Lizzie twittered as she wandered off into the gloom, swinging her torch. "Hmm, wonder if we;ll find the Blair Witch out here too!"

Selene: "Absolutely." She pointed at a branch. "Perhaps we should climb up there and see what we find."

Tessa: Tessa just shook her head in disbelief. "Cuckoo, more like." Tessa couldn't help the smile, and found herself a small niche in a little thicket and pulled out her cell.

Meggan: "Can do. I think I'll be allowed to use powers for that right? It's not asking for help..." she turned into a crow and flapped up to one of the branches.

Bobby: Bobby was sure to snag the bottle as he was dragged, and tripped over a branch. "Shhhhh. We need stealth for a proper hunt..."

Elizabeth: "Oh no, that's a totally different bird, and sounds more like 'woo whoo!' actually!"

Selene: Selene kachood again, but only an owl answered. "Is there anything up there, Meggan?"

Summers: Once they were out of earshot, Scott got up and hooked his walkie-talkie to his belt and got out his secret stash of supplies. He hoped Lizzie would like the ghost in shaving cream in her sleeping bag and the silly string web on the rest of the tent. And then he'd move on to the rest of the tents.

Meggan: Meggan hopped along the branch, "Nope..." She inspected a branch a little way up, "Nothing here..." She flew down again and shifted back.

Elizabeth: "Anyway," Lizzie knelt down clsoer to the ground. "You have to get low, cause they have very good camoflague..."

Lorna: "Yes, we must be stealthy on our quest for ficticous birds." Lorna giggled. "We must sneaky sneak. Kachoo! Kachoo!" Lorna covered her mouth to laugh properly. "So...about that skinny dipping."

Selene: Selene pondered for a moment, pacing around the wood. "Do you think there are actually any of those snipes around here? One would think they would answer the calls."

Selene: She shrugged. "Perhaps we could just bring back something else."

Tessa: 'Hey. I miss you, out here. Everybody's gone nuts, we're having a snipe hunt. I get the feeling this is one of those things you do to small children to scare them. see you soon.' She typed in a text to Andy and sent it, pocketing the phone and rejoining the group, complete with halfhearted 'kachoo'-ing. "so when does this get more interesting?"

Bobby: "Hmmm.... I didn't think they were water birds." He snickered, looking around the dark woods and hearing some crashing around in the brush.

Meggan: "Yeah... maybe we're doing it wrong?"

Jubilee: "How far should we go..? I mean, so that we won't get lost in the woods.."

Meggan: "Don't worry about getting lost," Meggan tapped her nose, "You have a shifter in the group. I never get lost."

Lorna: "You never know. They can be water birds if we want them to be water birds. Might be easier to find them without clothes too, commune with nature and all that."

Elizabeth: Lizzie shrugged a bit. "Well we could go spook Scott if you prefer."

Selene: Selene stopped and looked to the left, then to the right, then to the direction they came from. "I'm not sure. I already am lost."

Tessa: Tessa smiled widely at that idea. "It's bound to be more fun than this." She jerked a thumb behind her shoulder. "Approach from the back and scare him?"

Elizabeth: She looked up at a crash. "Unless...Someone had the idea first?"

Jubilee: "Oh yeah, that's right.." Jubilee said smiling a little.

Bobby: "You are so right! See, this is why you're the expert. Beatiful and sooo wise." He laughed and kachooed before heading off closer to the water. "Y'know, I may be a little drunk."

Lorna: "Kachoo! Oh I definitely am too." Lorna admitted, chuckling as she heard a crash. "You think they're already having accidents?"

Bobby: "God I hope so." He cackled. "It's not a proper snipe hunt without them, and gives Scott something to do patching them up." Bobby decided he was much happier with his hands under her shirt again.

Tessa: Tessa chuckled. "Wild goose chase, much?"

Meggan: "I'm all for looking for somthing more interesting. But in my experience, if you're noisy things run away. So we have to be really quiet...." Meggan shifted into her favourite form, that of a black leopard and listened to the sounds of the forest.

Elizabeth: "Oh, not really...Snipe are perfectly real," Lizzie nodded.

Summers: Scott finished the last tent - his own, leaving it tattered and half-up. He tossed the silly string can on the ground and knocked over some of the food boxes. He made drag and scuffle marks all the way to the water's edge and then skirted around, walking backwards and climbed a tree. He waited.

Selene: "I prefer quiet myself. Where shall we go now?" Selene looked in one direction and was about to head off, but then stopped. Hadn't there been movement in the shadows between the trees?

Lorna: Lorna rather liked where his hands were too. "Impatient to get to the water, there?" Lorna smirked over at him. "No, it really wouldn't be a proper snipe hunt without that." Lorna grinned as the trees began clearing away and the lake was quite close.

Meggan: Meggan looked up at Selene, "Up to you guys, I'm used to forests so I don't mind hwere we go. I practically lived in teh woods on the grounds of XU for the first semester I was there."

Tessa: "Right. So are wild geese. I vote for heading back and spooking Scott." Tessa turned around and picked her way back, wanting to see just how badly this had gone.

Jubilee: Jubilee tried to be very quiet, but it seemed that she made even more noise
now.

Elizabeth: "Well we don't have to head back...Do you have a walkie talkie?" she asked, following Tessa slowly.

Bobby: "Well, it's good to be prepared, like you said." He plucked the walkie talkie from her hand and turned it off. They were pretty far from the noise now. "And I've been prepared pretty damn good all night."

Selene: Selene snuck behind Meggan, then headed off in a slightly other direction. "There are things in the shadows," she whispered, cautiously moving closer to whatever she believed to see there. Moving trees?

Tessa: "Yes." She plucked it from her back pocket and shook it over her shoulder. "Why?"

Jubilee: "Do you see any snipes?" Jubilee asked Meggan and Selene.

Meggan: Meggan twitched her ears around, trying to listen for any movements that weren't their own, "I don't see anything but trees at the moment...."

Lorna: "Yes you have, scouts honour and all." Lorna laughed and kicked off her shoes. "Ahh, much better."

Elizabeth: "We could always prank from here..." she shrugged, taking the walkie talkie and tossing it between her hands. Hmmm....

Tessa: "Scream into the talkies?" Tessa smiled. "That could work. And scare half the others."

Summers: He tossed the walkie-talkie by the tents and patted the one he'd hidden earlier in his pocket. Now for them to get bored and come back...

Selene: "Me neither..." That tree really seemed to move quite a bit. And unusually so. She startled as it turned around, making a gnarling, wooden sound, to stare back at her. Suddenly, it lashed out with a branch, trying to grab her. Selene jumped back and yelped. Shaking her head, she saw the tree, back to normal, as passive as it had been
before.

Elizabeth: "Not into it, that's not convincing...Running, heavy breathing, dropping it, then screaming a few feet away..."

Bobby: "Oh, it'll get better than that." Bobby grinned and kissed her neck as he kicked off his own tennis shoes. A lot better.

Lorna: "Much better." Lorna smirked and pulled Bobby off towards the water.

Selene: "Yes, there's really nothing here." She slowly turned back to Meggan and Jubilee, but still glanced over her shoulder. Her hand fingered for the box in her pocket.

Meggan: Meggan watched Selene, "Are you ok? What happened?" There was something altogether odd about her....

Tessa: Tessa snickered. "Oh that's evil. Let's do it." Tessa mouthed at Lizzie to start making noise, flipping the switch to open the channel on the talkie, breathing loudly into it as if she were dying.

Elizabeth: Lizie gave a choked sob and nodded with her head towards some thick looking undergrowth to run through and took off.

Selene: "Hm?" Selene's head snapped back to look at Meggan. "Why, yes, I'm perfectly fine. I was simply scared by some shadows. That's all."

Summers: He let loose a blood-curdling scream, grinning as someone else had thought of using the walkie-talkies as bait.

Meggan: "Ok..." Then the noises started coming from teh walkie talkies, "Ack! What's that?!"

Selene: Selene jumped again, dropping the talkie to the ground. Maybe she hadn't been wrong after all.

Jubilee: "Do we really have to find that bird. We could always just go to sleep after all.."

Tessa: Tessa followed Lizzie, stomping and crashing theough the udnerbrush, breathing hard into the voicebox on her talkie. She let out a long, low scream, gurgling in her throat as if it had been slit, slowly killing the sound.

Meggan: "Uh... maybe we should go back...?"

Elizabeth: Lizzie made a face at the girlish scream coming from the walkie talkie...Oh someone was stealing their act.

Selene: Selene knelt down, staring at the talkie. She slowly picked it up, her other hand clenching the makeshift spear. "I don't know about you, but to me this sounded as if someone just got killed."

Jubilee: "I think we should.." Jubilee shuddered.

Summers: Scott grinned. And how many times had he done the same to Chris and Megs? This was too funny.

Meggan: Meggan shifted into the form of a wolf and quickly picked up their trail, "Come on, the camp's this way..."

Summers: He belatedly forgot he'd left the bottle of fake blood in the car. But then again - that could just be overkill

Tessa: Was that Scott? Tessa raised an eyebrow and gurgled again, sounding like a zombie out of a movie. "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunhhhhhhhhhhhhhgg!" She rasied her voice as high as it could get before it threatened to crack as she held back giggles.

Selene: "Yes, we should head back to the tents." Selene stood up and ran after Meggan.

Summers: He crept further up the tree, biting his lip to keep from laughing too hard.

Elizabeth: Beckoning to tessa to pass the walkie talkie, she played with the settings, getting loud screams of feedback. "Okay, obviously screaming is the in thing this season..."

Selene: Perhaps she'd actually get to kill something that night. Selene so wanted to try out her new spear. Oh please, let it be a crazy psycho serial killer.

Jubilee: Jubilee followed Selene and Meggan, glancing nervously around herself.

Tessa: "This is so cruel. Is this what you did to people in dormitories?" Tessa stood in the shadows by Lizzie and snickered.

Summers: He threw a rock from his other pocket that knocked over a couple of the camp chairs.

Meggan: Meggan led them quickly back through the trees. She couldn't smell blood so maybe everyone was ok still?

Elizabeth: "This and other things. I tell you, I'm not getting into my tent tonight. I know Scott'll have wrekced it because he's pissy I knew his ghost story or he just felt like it."

Tessa: "You're welcome to mine, I've not put it up yet. It's one of the springy kind." Tessa had somewhat counted on pranks being played.

Tessa: She beckoned for the walkie-talkie again, and in between the interference noise let out bloodcurdling shrieks and low groans, scratching at the underbrush as she did.

Selene: "What happened here?" Selene darted out from the woods back onto the clearing, her spear lifted with one hand, the hunting knife in the other, reading to stab and slash at anyone or anything that might have hidden in the shadows.

Selene: *ready

Elizabeth: "If you don't mind sharing, that would be kind," she gave a smile and nod. "Most people will be on their way back to camp now...So maybe we should stay put. Not going back will make them wonder even more..."

Meggan: Meggan darted out after Selene and sniffed about a bit, "No blood..." she confirmed.

Tessa: "Oh, sure. Best get comfy for a bit. Maybe having our radio go dead would be good too..."

Summers: ((and Scott did pack extra tents))

Selene: "But there's no one here." Selene carefully paced across the grass over towards the tents and the campfire. "Look at this place."

Lorna: ((Heh, Scott really came prepared))

Summers: ((Boy scout))

Tessa: ((of course. boy scout.))

Elizabeth: "Yeah, I can remember the way we came," Lizzie nodded and settled on a mossy tree stump.

Summers: He watched the three girls looking around. He hoped Meggan wouldn't be able to smell him from all the way up there.

Meggan: Meggan sniffed about some more, trying to locate Scott's scent but it was all a jumbled mess. "Too much going on here, my sense of smell is useless..." She shifted back to her human form, "Scott?!"

Jubilee: Jubilee came out of the woods and saw the camp. "What happened hear..?"

Elizabeth: "Of course Meg'll be able to sniff us out...But, we'll just wait and see until we get bored."

Selene: "Someone must have raided the place." She poked some scattered stuff with the tip of her spear. "You said no blood, so whatever it was must have wanted to take them alive." She gave Meggan and Jubilee a look. "Possibly to feast on them later. Or do... other things to them."

Jubilee: *here

Selene: "But probably no serial killer. Because in that case, we'd have found blood."

Elizabeth: ((Scotss the Snipe's new gimp))

Summers: (( :P))

Tessa: "But until she gets close enough to find us, we get to sit and lounge. Have you talked to Andy lately?" Tessa smiled, leaning abck against another tree, facing lizzie.

Elizabeth: "Not really, we had a short fencing session when I came back from the city, but apart from that..." she rolled ehr shoulders as she settled back. "Not too suprised he didn't come out here!"

Tessa: "I tried to convince him, but that went badly. He's not much of the camping sort." She debated saying anything about the recent development, but...damn, she needed
some information on how to deal with it. "He asked me to be his girl. Little surprising, from him."

Meggan: "But where are they? Scott should be here... unless he went running off after the other two....?"

Jubilee: "Well I'm going to put that tent back together, can you help with that?" Jubilee asked Meggan and Selene as she walked to her tent.

Selene: "Let me try to find the others using my ways." Selene focused on her telepathy, opening her senses to get trace of the others. <Hello...? Anyone there?>

Elizabeth: "No...I doubt I would have been but, army family, I got into it, went to cadets and everything." She raised an eyebrow. "He did? How does that make you feel? Oh shit!" she quickly slammed down her shields to block out Selene.

Summers: Scott got his mental thoughts together and tried to project fear, and yelled, <Help me!>

Meggan: "Anything?" Meggan asked Selene, while attempting to help reassmble the tent.

Selene: Selene jumped a bit, quickly looking around. "Scott! I've found him. Kinda."
<Scott? Where are you?>

Summers: <Safe. It tried to drag me under the water.> Damn I should have gotten myself wet before, too... <Where are you?>

Tessa: Tessa shrugged a little nervously. "I honestly don't know. It's a little odd, being someone's girlfriend. That I can remember." She settled her hands between her knees, closing her mind off just in case. "I don't know if I'm the sort of girl he's looking for."

Selene: "Can you try to smell him?" She asked Meggan. "I think Scott must be nearby. I can get his thought."

Lorna: ((Mental Mojo? Points for alliteration))

Meggan: Meggan decided to try away from teh campsite and look for a scent. She shifted back into her wolf form and sniffed around some more, "Ah ha!" She bounded off, trailing the scent, "Got something!"

Summers: ((LOL yah))

Elizabeth: "Well, all you can do is give it a try," Lizzie shrugged. "What type of girl do you think he's looking for, if not you then?"

Selene: <It? Under water? We are at the camp.>

Summers: <It grabbed me from behind - I was pranking everyone's tents...it dragged me towards the water. I'm safe.>

Selene: "Sounds like a monster tried to get him?" Selene was all excited now. "It tried to drag him underwater. Hey, maybe we'd get to stab a real creature from the deep tonight. Isn't that exciting?"

Meggan: Meggan followed the scent to a tree and looked up, "Scott? You up there?"

Tessa: "I think he'd be more suited to you. You two are more alike. Both european, both in the upper circles." She moved a shoulder. "Least you know how to fence and keep up with him."

Jubilee: "I think it's good now.." Jubilee said looking at the tent. "Thank's by the way"

Summers: He snorted at Selene's enthusiastic bloodlust. "Meggan? Is that really
you?" He tried to keep calm, and was glad his laughter made him sound scared. "Wendigos are shapeshifters..."

Elizabeth: "Well, I'm nowhere near his ability at fencing, I can abrely keep up...And I think Andreas is the kind of man, that if he wanted me, he'd be chasing me, not asking you to be his girl, you know? Sometimes status just doesnt matter when you like someone."

Meggan: Meggan shifted into her blue form, "Yep it's me, see? Can you get down or shall I come up and get you?"

Selene: "A wendigo?" Selene waved at Jubilee. "Forget the tent for a moment, we should help Scott." She stepped over to the tree and looked up. "Are you unhurt?"

[Edited on 24/2/2008 by
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

2-23 Game "Camp Wendigo"

Post by JSherlock »

Jubilee: "Are you ok..? No broken bones or anything?" Jubilee asked asked Scott.

Tessa: Tessa smiled a little at Lizzie. "How do you manage staying so calm? All the guys like you as a friend...how do you do that?" She let her head fall back.

Summers: "I'm fine." He climbed down, glad that little branches caught his shirt. Made him look like he'd actually been fighting off a supernatural thing. He dropped to the ground, and took in all their pale, scared faces. He doubled up laughing. "Oh, Christ I got you good!"

Meggan: Meggan took a moment to catch up, then really had to resist becoming that 'wendigo' for real.

Meggan: "How could you?! We were really worried about you!"

Elizabeth: "I had brothers when I was younger, they brought their friends over..I was used to it, sort of. Bit of a tomboy. Never had so may female friends at school, even though I had to go to an all girls one..." she trailed off. "I suppose I stay calm as I prefer it to going nuts."

Selene: Selene blinked, frozen solid in confusion. "You got us good? What do you mean." She was confused by everyone acting even weirder now. "Does that mean you tricked up? So, no Wendigo?"

Jubilee: Jubilee decided that right now she definetly did not like Scott.

Summers: "Oh man! It's part of Snipe Hunting...at least the way I played it with my brother." He grinned at Selene. "No Wendigo, no creature from the black lagoon, nothing. I just totally pranked you guys." He clapped his hands. "Now! Who wants to go prank Lady Elizabeth and Tessa?"

Jubilee: "You made us worry.. on purpose!" Jubilee said angrily.

Meggan: Meggan frowned, "That's a really mean thing to do..." She folded her arms, "Does that mean the noises on teh walkie talkies weren't real too?"

Tessa: "I need to take a leaf out of your book." Tessa joked. "I remember, before everything happened, I asked you to go with me to get my navel pierced." She wound her fingers together, wondering if lizzie would still agree. "Would you still?"

Summers: "Yes...that was the whole point, Jubilee," he said gently. "I just did the one long scream. If the other noises weren't you guys, then it was definitely Lizzie and
Tessa."

Elizabeth: "Well, if you wanted. I'm suprised you're still waiting, personally I'd have gotten it done already, but then I can be pretty impulsive."

Selene: "You mean you were entirely mean to us and fooled us and now you're asking us to do the same to Lizzie and Tessa." Selene thought for a moment, then smirked. "Sounds delightful to me."

Meggan: "Of course it wasn't us - we took you guys seriously!" Meggan was very cross, "I demand we get revenge on Lizzie and Tessa."

Summers: "Atta girls!"

Summers: He grinned. "I've got fake blood in the SUV…”

Meggan: Meggan grinned, "What does a wendigo look like?"

Lorna: ((Scott's one *hell* of a Boy Scout))

Summers: ((&#65532;))

Selene: "I see you actually planned all of this ahead, yes." She followed Scott to the car.

Tessa: "I'm not. Not with that sort of stuff." She looked around and noticed the odd
silence. "How about we go back to camp and see if we can sneak up on the others?
They're probably out looking for us by now." Tessa grinned at the devious new thought.

Elizabeth: "Yeah. They probably want to pelt us with mud and slime and fake cobwebs."

Summers: "Yep. This is what we do on camping trips in my family. Well, when I got older and could understand it was a game."

Jubilee: "Are we going to scream or just play dead..?"

Meggan: "Well I can shift... it leaves us with many options."

Tessa: "Sounds less than fun." Tess grimaced. "You really are hard to prank. I admmire that. It took me years of being the short end of the stick."

Selene: "Most excellent. I have to admit, in retrospect, this is very funny." She took one of the bottles of fake blood. "Well, how do we want to go about this?"

Meggan: Meggan shifted into a bulky hairy creature with teath and crazy looking eyes. "How's this for a wendigo?"

Elizabeth: "Well, camp's actually two minutes away, we didn't go very far." she pointed over her shoulder. "We could just walk back and watch the floor for trips."

Summers: "You could totally shift to a Wendigo, and we could cover ourselves in blood and when they come, you could be pretending to eat us...I've got some lambchops that would look good covered in the blood." He jumped at Meggan's shift. "No. They’re more skeletal.”

Selene: "Sounds like a fantastic plan." She opened the bottle and spilled some over her clothes. "Good thing that they aren't mine."

Meggan: Meggan thought back to teh camp fire chat about them and remembered the mention of the film the descent and turned into something resembling one of those creatures. "Like this?"

Summers: He rummaged in the cooler and pulled out the shrinkwrapped lambchops. "Yes! Perfect! now, when they come, run off intot he dark ness and shift into something ordinary so they don't see you." He handed tha lambchops over and covered himself with blood. He lay on the ground.

Summers: "Jubes, you joining us?"

Meggan: "So then I can come back when they realise you're not dead." Meggan grinned and wondered what she looked like in this form grinning like that and talking how she did. She giggled.

Selene: "Meggan, you are definitely destined for scaring people." Selene finished blooding herself up, then lay down next to Scott.

Jubilee: Jubilee splashed some fake blood over her clothes. "Does this lookreal enough...?"

Elizabeth: Standing up, she motioned to Tess. "Shall we? Or should we just stay here?"

Meggan: She opened the lambchops and hid the packaging, choosing to pretend to gnaw on Scott as he was the furthest from the line of trees lizzie and tess would be coming out of.

Summers: "Oh yeah. Please do come back. there's been enough pranking."

Meggan: "Hehe, I will don't worry. And that's plenty, Jubes." She smiled at the girl though she wasn't sure it looked like a smile

Tessa: "Oh, after you." Tessa gestured to the open and climbed up, picking over branches and following the purlple-haired girl.

Jubilee: Jubilee lay on the ground playing pretending to be dead.

Elizabeth: Lizzie snickered as she walked out of the trees and blinked a bit at the campsite, then looked to the tents and gave a sigh. "Well I'm not cleaning that shit up."

Summers: "You look great, Jubes. And sorry for scaring you."

Tessa: "Damn. Scott really did go nuts." Tessa shook her head slowly. "I'm not cleaning it either. This is why we have boys."

Selene: "Psst, they are coming... silent now." Selene closed her eyes and lay motionless.

Meggan: Meggan played her part well, pretending to chew on Scott. She then looked up pretending to have just noticed Lizzie and Tessa and gave the most horrible cry then ran off into the forest with her well chewed lamb chop.

Elizabeth: Lizzie blinked a bit as a big fuzzy thing ran past her. "Oh, kay...That was..odd."

Lorna: ((Get the waxing kit, stat!))

Summers: ((LOL))

Tessa: Tess raised an eyebrow as some...thing...ran by. "I think we know where Meggan went. And, Scott too."

Elizabeth: "Yeah. Shall we go find your tent?" she asked with a grin.

Tessa: "Let's. I left it over here." She pointed to a clump of trees to her left. "It's easy to set up, it's one of the springy kind."

Summers: Scott watched them walk by and he lunged out and grabbed Tessa's ankle, smearing it with the fake blood.

Elizabeth: "Oh, yeah, they just pretty much pop up."

Meggan: Meggan watched from the trees disguised as an owl.

Tessa: Tessa whirled around at the grab on her ankle, kicking at the quite solid mass
holding her down. "Get off!" she really didn't mean to do that. "Oh, damn. I'm sorry."

Elizabeth: Lizzie winced as the kick made contact with what could be one of the others. "Ouch..."

Summers: "Ow. But I guess I deserved that. Did you find a Snipe, ladies?" He stood up, grinning and helped Selene and Jubilee up.

Selene: Selene stood up and looked down at herself, then back up. "I had hoped the two would be more scared."

Elizabeth: "No, considering they're European birds," Lizzie gave a grin. "Y'know that fake blood stuff stains if you leave it on too long..."

Summers: "Yeah, I know."

Jubilee: "Can we go and cleaned up now?" Jubilee asked yawning.

Selene: "Really? Then I should possibly wash it off."

Elizabeth: "Selene...My brothers made me suffer for years. I've been hit with most pranks going. It'd be a spectacular prank that scared me!"

Summers: "Why don't you guys go clean up at the lake, and I'll get the other tents out."

Elizabeth: "Oh, you go clean up. I'll do the tents, I won't mess with them."

Tessa: "Had a big family. Got pranked a lot growing up." Tessa turned to Scott, asking if he was alright.

Meggan: Meggan wandered back to the camp joke over, well flew, and landed turning back into her human form. "Ok so that was fun. Bed time...?"

Selene: "Oh, I see." She tried to brush some of the fake blood off.

Elizabeth: "And, trust me, I won't. Some of us want to sleep tonight."

Meggan: She looked around at the others, "Er... one more thing before we get cleaned up...where are Bobby and Lorna?"
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

2-23 Game "Camp Wendigo"

Post by steyn »

Kyle was probably somewhere in a tree watching all this going down, wondering what the hell is wrong with these people.

:shifty Kyle's the Wendigo!

[Edited on 24/2/2008 by steyn]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

2-23 Game "Camp Wendigo"

Post by Slarti »

Hee! That was a very fun one. :D