Read our full Game transcripts here!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

11/24 Game: That Good Ole' Warm Apple Pie

Post by steyn »

<Bishop> Lucas inspected the clean kitchentops and made sure there were enough scales, bowls, ingredients, pans, that the fire extinguisher was there and ready and leant against a counter, waiting for his group of the day.

<Bishop> He checked the piles of recepies, making sure there enough of the laminated sheets to go round. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/data ... 463.shtml)

<Kitty> "Hi professor Bishop!" Kitty sang as she dropped in from the ceiling. She flashed him a big grin, and inspected the layout. "Oooh! OH! Like, I cooked so much over the holiday! My family loved it all! You'd like, be so proud."

<Cessily> Cessily bounded into the kitchen, humming to some song as she sucked on the straw of her soda. "Hey, professor Bishop!" She waved and grinned around the straw. "Oh! Hey Kitty! What are we doing today?"

<Jubilee> Jubilee walked into the kitchen.

<Bishop> He barely blinked. Darn used to it by now. "That's good, Kit, though you cook more than most others do anyway." He turned to Cessily and gave her a big grin. "Making apple pie."

<Kitty> "Hi Cess. Like professor Bishop says, apple pie! Doesn't that sound wonderful? Are we putting cinnamon in, too?" Kitty asked, perusing the ingredients list.

<Cessily> "Oooh, yay, apple pie! I love apple pie!" She dropped her bag next to a counter and flopped down on one of the free stools that stood around. "My Nana makes the best apple pie there is. It's really delicious."

<Kitty> "I've never made apple pie. Apple crumble, yes."

<Jillian> Jillian wandered into the kitchen and overheard what people were saying "Ooooh apple pie?"

<Jillian> "Can we eat it?"

<Kyle> Kyle came into the kitchen, hearing the repeated use of the word 'apple pie'. "Is that what we're going to make?"

<Bishop> He handed Jillian a sheet. "If it comesout of the oven alright, sure."

<Cessily> "Hey Jubes! Hey Jill!" Cessily cheerily waved at them as they walked in.

<Cessily> "Hi, Kyle! We're making apple pie, isn't that awesome?"

<Bishop> Grinning, he took a few steps back. Shame, seemed he wasn't going to have to offer the alternative.

<Jubilee> "Ooh.. I love apple pie!" Jubilee said remembering how she used to bake with her mum when she was little.

<Cessily> "I never made it myself... well, I tried to, but you don't wanna hear about it." She shrugged and pouted a bit. "Like, only my Nana seems to be able to make it."

<Jillian> "Oh! Hi Kyle!" Jillian waved at him with her tail as she studdied the recipe infront of her ...

<Kitty> "Hi Kyle, Jill, Jubes!" Kitty waved, smiling.

<Kyle> Kyle gave a slight wave. "Hi, Cess, and Jill, and Kitty...Jubes....and Mister Bishop...I mean professor Bishop."

<Jillian> Jillian giggled and waved back and everyone. Then she raised her hand "Mister Bishop, do we like ... have to pick partners for this?"

<Jubilee> Hi Kyle..

<Bishop> "Pie's ain't that hard to make, not enough work for two people."

<Bishop> "Though if cooking ain't your thing I do have an alternative session planned..."

<Kyle> Why are there only girls in here? Kyle thought while picking up the recipe and reading through it.

<Cessily> "Oh, look. These are the recipes?" She pointed at the sheets. "Alternative?"

<rachel> "Oh, son of a -" Rachel stumbled into the kitchen as she pulled her hoodie on. Damnit. Oversleeping sucked. She should've just skipped the class and not even gotten out of bed. She couldn't even cooked, "Hey...everyone."

<Kitty> "Can we get started? Hi Rae!"

<Bishop> "If cookin ain't your thing," he repeated for Cess. He snapped his fingers and gestured to where the ingredients and mixing bowls were. "Go for it."

<Cessily> "Hey, Rae!" Cessily beamed a grin at her. "Are you making pie with us?"

<Jillian> Jillian waved her hand in the air, nearly hitting Kyle on the head "Mister Biiiiiishop? Do we need partners?"

<Jubilee> "Hi Rachel!" Jubilee said with a little smile.

<Kitty> "Wheee!" Kitty rushed to the sink and washed her hands, while mentally reviewing the recipe.

<Bishop> "Jillian, like I said, no, not for this class," he repeated. "Pie'

<Cessily> "Well, cooking definitely is my thing." She giggled and leaned over the piles of ingredients. "I love food."

<Bishop> s easy."

<Cessily> "Like they say... easy as pie. Right?" Cessily laughed.

<Bishop> "You got it."

<rachel> "We're making pie? Lovely." She'd made it with Meggan once, but it came out blackened.

<Kyle> Kyle smiled, "I like food too...or just eating food...I'm not sure which actually." he mentioned to Cess.

<Jillian> "Okay ... mmm pie." Jillian grabbed a mixing bowl.

<Cessily> "Well, food is meant for eating after all." Then she turned to gave Rachel a teasing smile. "I bet you're glad it isn't stew, yes?"

<Jillian> "Stew?" Jillian leaned over to them "What's wrong with stew?"

<Bishop> "Rae - you weren't in, but if you don't want to cook I have something else for you to do."

<rachel> "Oh, I'm just filled with joy," she replied, flatly. "Such as? Last time, I didn't do something I ended up getting lectured about condoms by Annie."

<Cessily> "Oh, nothing is wrong with it. In fact, stew is nice. But Rae here actually managed to blow it up." She shrugged. "Well, to be honest, I think Meggan had a hand in this, too."

<Kitty> She gathered her supplies and started. "So, like, this year, I made latkes, and blintzes. Everyone was impressed!"

<Bishop> He grinned and pulled out the box of surefire ways to make them cook. "A little bit of sewing." He handed her the box full of overalls.

<Kyle> "Why would you need condoms?" Kyle asked Rachel

<Bishop> "These are all ripped and done with so feel free to practise patching."

<Jillian> " ... how the fuck can you blow stew up?"

<Kitty> "We're not usually so Orthodox, but most of dad's family is, so that was fun watching mom accomadate that. She did really really good, too!"

<Cessily> Cessily peeked over at what Kitty was doing. Her roomie still was a way better cook than her.

<Cessily> "Apparently, Rae and Meg can."

<Kitty> Kitty grinned at Cessily, and showed her how to mix the dough so it was just right. "We can share the same oven, Cess."

<rachel> Last night, for one. She glanced at Kyle, "Annie's insane and just passes them out." Rachel looked at the sewing stuff. Stick herself with needles or fire? "I think I'll cook."

<Jubilee> Jubilee decided to get herself a bowl and some supplies she needed for the pie.

<Jillian> "But ... how? It's STEW."

<Cessily> "Okay, so let's see." Cessily got a few bowls and sorted through the ingredients, taking what was indicated by the recipe. "Oh, thanks for the help, Kit." She smiled. "Yeah, we can do that."

<Bishop> "Knew you'd be sayin that," Lucas winked at her and shoved the box away. "Now don't go making anything explode in my kicthen again!"

<Kitty> "So, like, I was thinking of getting a group together to go out and party soon, what do you think?"

<Bishop> "Anything's possible in this school, Jill. It happens. Long as the kitchen stays standing and it gets cleaned it's all good."

<Kyle> Kyle turned back to the matter at hand, staring at the recipe again. He looked at what the others were doing, and copied them, gathering what the recipe said he would need.

<Cessily> "Party?" Cessily grinned. "I love to party. I'd so come, yes."

<rachel> "Okay, so explosions are out. How about fires?" she looked over some of the supplies and the recipe.

<Kitty> Kitty put aside the dough and started to slice apples and put them in a pot to stew.

<Bishop> Lucas pointed to the extinguisher.

<Kitty> "I think poor professor Bishop has learned how to deal with us."

<Cessily> "I'm fireproof!" Cessily informed the others ans raised a hand.

<Bishop> "Well prepared, Torch. Don't worry."

<Jubilee> Jubilee began mixing the ingredients in the bowl.

<rachel> "So, I'm allowed to start fires since there's an extinguisher?" Rachel grinned, raising an eyebrow, "Torch?"

<Cessily> "Okay, I think this looks decent, doesn't it?" Cessily started to mix the dough in her bowl, making sure it about looked like what Kitty was doing with hers.

<Jillian> "Yeah but we arn't.: Jill stuck her tounge out at Cess and started to chop the apples by holding the knife in her tail.

<Kitty> "Yeah. Looks fine. Don't mix it too much. I don't think it should get that warm, right, professor?"

<Cessily> She laughed in Jill's direction. "I was just saying that I'd be the one to extinguish it in case of a fire."

<Bishop> "Nah, Torch. Just lettin' you know where the equiptment is if you do decide to burn us down."

<Kitty> Finishing her apples and letting them stew, Kitty started rolling out her dough, and put one of the pieces into the pie tin. "Can we put whipped cream on at the end, when they're done?"

<Cessily> "Don't burn us down." Cessily's lower lip quivered a bit. "I like you all way too much. I need you."

<rachel> "Pfft, I wouldn't burn anything down purposely," she rolled her eyes and cautiously started mixing things. Maybe getting out of bed was worth this...just maybe.

<Kyle> Kyle gave a shiver to the thought of fires starting. He looked at the recipe, then at the oven. "Err...is the oven already on?" he asked everyone who would consider answering him.

<Bishop> "Well why don't you go check that, Kyle?" he winked and leant against a free counter.

<Cessily> "All right, apples, right." She said as she observed her roomie's work. "That's why it's called apple pie, after all." Cessily grabbed a few apples, shifted her fingers into blades and started to cut them into accurate pieces.

<Jubilee> "Uum.. Professor Bishop wath I'm going to next?" Jubilee asked then she added. "It's been a while since I have baked anything.."

<Cessily> "You could sell me as one of those miracle kitchen tool thingies they always praise in those bothersome TV shows." She laughed as she waved around her bladed hand. "I'm like... a multi-tool."

<Kitty> "One of them is, Kyle."

<Bishop> "Well what have you got next on your list, Jubilee? Where you up to?"he moved over to the girl so see.

<rachel> "We couldn't sell you, Cess. I need someone to counter Alex's advice. Plus, I'd be lacking a chaperone," she grinned.

<Kitty> Kitty looked in on her apples, giving them a stir. They looked stewed to her. Soft and slightly mushy but still firm enough to hold their shape. She fished them out, and let them cool off in an empty bowl.

<Cessily> "Hey Jubes, you also have to cut the apples." She told her with a smile. "I could help you with that. It goes super fast with these fingers." She turned to Rachel and laughed. "Oh, right. Too true."

<rachel> Okay, apples. Cool. She got to use a knife. Rachel picked it up and carefully started slicing the apples. Knowing her luck, she'd end up cutting herself.

<Jubilee> "Apples I think. And well then finishing the pie..."

<Kitty> Kittty washed her dirty dishes as she waited for her apples to finish cooling.

<Bishop> "You cut them up yet?" he asked, taking a look at her progress.

<Cessily> "All right. This looks good. And smells good." Cessily smiled and hummed as she prepared her apples like Kitty did. "You're really good at this, Kit Kat. It this will taste like it looks and smells, it'll be nothing but wonderful pie."

<Jubilee> "Yes."

<Bishop> Nodding he grabbed a pan. "Okay, so now you stew them."

<Kitty> "I hope so! I've made other pies before, never apple. Kinda weird, right, Cess?"

<Jubilee> "Ok."

<Cessily> Cessily cheerfully whistled as she stewed her apples. "Yeah, same here. Like I said, I tried to make it once or twice, but I never managed to do it right. I'm better baking other things. I'm good with making brownies."

<Kyle> Kyle looked at one of the ovens that weren't on, turning the knob on it to the reight temperature and went through the recipe again. Sif...sif...sif he repeated in his head, then realised why everyone was chopping apples.

<rachel> Rachel frowned. This wasn’t all that exciting. No explosions or fire. A small smirk slowly made its way to her face. No. Try to be good, she told herself.

<Kyle> Kyle grabbed an apple, then awkwardly fumbled with the knife. It wasn't working out. His relationship with chopping utensils were at an all time low.

<Cessily> Cessily looked over her shoulder, noticing Kyle's troubles. "Uhm, can I help you, Kyle? I have a thing for cutting tools."

<Kitty> Kitty figured her apples were cool enough. She put them in pie tin, and sprinkled in a bit more sugar and a dash of cinnamon. She carefully rolled the top pastry over, off her rolling pin, and pinched the edges. She poked a circle of holes around the center with a fork, and popped it in the oven.

<Kitty> "Anyone need help?"

<rachel> Rachel stared at the knife considering the options. She glanced around, fairly sure she could find something that could pass as blood...

<Cessily> "Wow, you're quick, Kit." Cessily looked at the oven in amazement. "My apples are too hot."

<Kyle> Kyle looked up to Cess, "No, I can do this....it's..I can" the knife flicked out of his hand and skitted across the floor. "uhh..."

<Kitty> "I cheated." she pointed her the bowl that was sitting in another full of ice. "But shhhhh. Don't tell anyone."

<Cessily> "Are you sure?" She asked again, smiling. "Not that you end up hurting yourself."

<Kyle> "Okay, maybe I need a little help... but just a little." Kyle replied to Cess

<Kitty> Kitty picked up the knife and washed it, handing it back to Kyle handle first.

<Cessily> Cessily looked at Kitty wide-eyed, but then giggled slightly. "Hee, of course not." She spoke in a conspiratorially tone. "My lips are sealed."

<Kyle> Kyle took the knife, "Thanks Kitty." he smiled sheepishly.

<Cessily> "All right, looks like my apples are cool enough, now." Cessily took half of the pastry, rolled it out and put it into the pie tin. "Then they go into here..." She added the stewed apples. "And then comes the sugar and cinnamon."

<rachel> She glanced back at everyone, still smirking, to see if they were paying any attention. This was going to freak them out, but she needed some amusement. She carefully carved the apple to look like her finger, using her teke to steal some items from the fridge and stuffing them in her pocket.

<Cessily> "So far, so good." Cessily smiled, then added the other half of the pastry, putting it on top. Using her fingers, she formed everything into something very much resembling a pie. "Cool. I think it's ready to go into the oven. Yes?"

<Rogue> Rogue walked into the kitchen and smiled at everyone she saw, "Hey y'all. What are y'all up ta?"

<Kitty> "Baking apple pies!"

<Cessily> "Heya Rogue!" Cessily waved at her with a smile. "Yeah, we're making pies with Professor Bishop."

<Rogue> "Yeah? That sounds like fun! Ah love bakin'!" She walked over to Cess and peeked over her shoulder, "That looks really good, sugah."

<Cessily> "Thank you. Kitty helped me with it. I think it's ready to go into the oven now."

<Kitty> Kitty went around, washing everyone's dirty dishes, waiting on her pie to come out of the oven.

<Cessily> "I put it next to yours, Kit, yes?" Cessily asked as she looked into the oven. "If we remember to let it in five minutes longer, it should be fine."

<rachel> Amazed at how the ketchup and soy sauce resembled blood, Rachel dipped her hand in it and the apple slice. She dropped the knife and let out a cry, clutching her hand and dropping the knife. She let the apple slice that was carved like her finger fall to the floor.

<Kitty> "Of course!"

<Kitty> "Rae! Are you okay?" Kitty ran up, saw the blood, and started screaming, pointing at the 'finger'.

<Cessily> Cessily's head whipped around at Rachel's cry. "Oh my God! Rae!" Her eyes went wide in shock as she saw all the blood. Her pie dropped to the floor as she darted over to her friend.

<Bishop> Looking up, Bish walked over to Rae. "Damn, Torch, you're one big hazard!"

<Bishop> Seeing her finger, he stopped for a moment then gave her a wink. "Let's just wash that, eh?"

<Cessily> "Rae! How... what..." She looked down at the floor. "Oh my... We need to get Josh, now!"

<Kyle> Kyle watched the 'finger' and the 'blood'. Didn't smell like blood. He turned back and went on and finished with his stuff.

<Bishop> "I got it for the now if someone wants to go find him."

<rachel> She slightly wondered if she could fake some tears. This was so evil, yet entertaining. Rachel merely nodded to him as she faked the pain.

<Rogue> Rogue's eyes darted to Rae, "What happened?!" She followed Cess' gaze to the floor, "Oh shit.." She bent down and picked up the 'finger', "We need ta see if we can get it put back on or somethin'..."

<Kitty> Kitty stopped screaming, volunteered to go get Josh.

<Bishop> "Oh, I agree Rogue. Maybe we could sew it back on..."

<Kyle> and in the background, Kyle's apples finally cooled down.

<Cessily> "Yeah, that's good, Kitty. You can go through walls to find him. Good." Cessily put her hands on Rachel's shoulders, while she looked at the finger in Rogue's hand. "We have to put it on ice, or something."

<Rogue> Rogue held the finger in her flat palm, "It smells funny. Like chinese food or somethin'..." She wrinkled her nose and held it a bit further away from her. "Rae, what exactly happened? We need ta get some towels ta put pressure on the other end of Rae's finger..."

<Kyle> Kyle was around this time playing with the dough....actually losing the battle of wills against it.

<rachel> Rachel held her hand that was covered in 'blood' close to her. "What does it look lik happened?" she replied through gritted teeth.

<Cessily> "We... we need a first aid kit." Cessily looked around. There, in that shelf, she remembered.

<Kitty> Kitty nodded, preparing to go running. "Chinese food?" She paused, and took a sniff. She wrinkled her nose delicately. "Wait. It smells like soy sauce."

<Cessily> Cessily pulled the first aid kit our of the shelf and tore it open.

<Bishop> "Nah. Think some wet wipes'll do the trick. Til we get Annie.."

<Cessily> "What do you mean.... soy sauce?"

<Kyle> "And ketchup" Kyle added when he got the upperhand with aluminum plate against the Dough.

<Bishop> "Now I knew I shoulda gone and taught you to make stage blood back at Halloween. No soy sauce!"

<Cessily> "What?" Cessily looked around, quite confused. "What's going on? What are you talking about. We have to... help Rae."

<Rogue> Rogue picked the 'finger' up gingerly with her other hand and held it up to the light, "Rae... can Ah see ya hand?"

<rachel> "You had to point that out, Kitty?" She sighed and showed Rogue her hand, which was thankfully all in one peice.

<Bishop> "Wash it up, Torch," Lucas waved her towards the soap. "Now back to pies, people, before I go all Sweeny!"

<Kitty> "That was mean! I nearly had a heart attack!" She dropped into a chair, lower lip wobbling

<Cessily> "Gaaaah! That was evil, Rae!" Cessily threw her hands up in the hair. "You... I... that was mean! I nearly had a heart attack!" She grumbled as she put the first aid kit back together. "If I had a heart, that is."

<Cessily> "No funny, definitely not funny. I was worried."

<Kyle> After solving the the mystery of the mutilated finger, the Scoob...Kyle finished up his pie. It didn't look exactly like the one on the picture on the recipe. But at least it seemed okay.

<Bishop> Spotting that at least Kyle was making progress, Lucas headed over. "Ready to bake?"

<rachel> She washed the mixture off her hand, "I know, but I couldn't resist. Sorry."

<Cessily> "You can't do that to me, girl." Cessily went back to the stove, then she stopped back in her tracks, looking down in pure horror. "My pie! I dropped my pie! Aw, no."

<Kitty> Kitty huffed and checked on her pie. It looked fine.

<Rogue> Rogue walked over and tossed the 'finger' in the trash and wiped her gloves off with a wet paper towel, "Ah can help ya make a new one, Cess..."

<Kyle> Kyle looked up to Bishop, gloating a little with what he made, "I think so." He replied

<Cessily> "Really? Awww, that would be sweet, Rogue." Cessily gave a relieved sigh.

<Bishop> He passed Kyle some oven mitts. "Go ahead, remember to set the timer."

<rachel> "I won't do it again, and if I do...I won't use soy sauce..." Rachel grabbed a towel and dried her hands. "I could help you make a new one, Cess," she offered.

<Kitty> Kitty turned and started scooping up Cessily's ruined pie. "I'm sorry, Cess."

<Bishop> "Oh you'll be doing that, Torch, and a bit of sewing work. Make you see what hard work it is."

<Rogue> Rogue grinned as she walked by Kyle, "That looks delicious, sugah. Cain't wait ta taste it." She stepped up to Cess, "Not a problem, darlin'. Do ya have tha recipie f' tha last one ya did?"

<Cessily> "Yeah? Cool." She smiled at Rachel, too. "I can't be angry at you anyway. I'm just happy you’re okay. It's okay, Kitty, I'll make a new one."

<Cessily> "Let's see... maybe we can salvage it." Cessily took the crashed pie from Kitty.

<rachel> "Apparently, when sleep deprived, I can't tell evil from amusing," she grinned. "Oh...yay..sewing..."

<Kitty> "Maybe...the heat would kill any bacteria and stuff, I think."

<Kyle> Kyle fiddled with the oven mitts, trying to get them on properly, and then gave up and put the pie into the hot oven with floppy mitts. "How long does the recipe say it has to bake?"

<Cessily> "Yeah, we have recipes here." She pointed at the sheet from Bishop.

<Rogue> Rogue slipped off her gloves and stuffed them in her back pocket, "Fair warnin' guys an' dolls, mah hands are bare." She turned back to where Cess was pointing, "Awesome. Do ya wanna try ta salvage ya pie first?”

<Cessily> Cessily thoughtfully regarded the ruined pie. "Hm...A pie barely alive. We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Sweeter...juicier ..apple-ier."

<Kyle> ((I love you Cess.))

<Rogue> Rogue snickered, "Alright then, lets make some magic, sugah." She grinned and turned to the pie, pursing her lips in thought, "Gotta remake tha top layer of pastry though..."

<Cessily> "Yeah, I think it's only the top layer that's affected. The rest is okay." She smiled at Rogue. "Let's whip up some more pastry then."

<Kitty> Kitty laughed, and took her pie out, making the whole room smell of cinammony-apple goodness. "Ooooh yeah, baby!" She put it on a rack to cool. "I like, totally rock!"

<Cessily> "Mmmm, you totally do. That smells delicious." She gave her own pie an angry look as she peeled off the top layer. "Why can't you be like hers?"

<Bishop> "Anyone else ready to bake then?"

<Kyle> And all this time, Kyle was standing there, stomach growling, looking at the pastry goodness in the oven, slowly, but surely, getting darker. The drool was gathering at the sides of his mouth. Kitty's pie's smell only worsened his state.

<Rogue> Rogue rubbed Cess' back, trying to hide a smile, "It's ok, sugah. We can fix it an' make it just as good." She took a moment and went over to Kitty's pie and smelled it, "Mmm, smells so good, Kitty."

<Kitty> Kitty did a victory dance around the kitchen. "Yaaay! I baked a pie!"

<Bishop> Damn. No extra sugar for Kitty...

<rachel> Rachel started on another pie with a sigh. It was amusing, but now she got Bishop torture. "Nice, Kitty. Oh, good thing you didn't go get Josh," she added.

<Cessily> Cessily laughed. "I'm sure it'll taste great, too."

<Kitty> "I hope so!" She stood over her pie grinning. "SO! Who needs help?"

<rachel> "I do."

<Kitty> "Ok, where do you need help?" Kitty asked, going over.

<Cessily> "We're working on repairing my pie." Cessily told her as she mixed some more pastry with Rogue's help.

<rachel> "Ummm...can you slice the apples? Wouldn't wanna chop my finger off again..."

<Kyle> Kyle remembered, "Hey, uhh, how long was this supposed to be in?" He thumbed the oven with his pie in it.

<Kitty> "Hah. If you promise to never ever do that again to me."

<rachel> "If I have to," she rolled her eyes with a grin, "I promise."

<Cessily> "Yes, that would be nice, Rachel. You worried us enough already to last for a lifetime."

<Cessily> "Thanks." Cessily reached over to pat Rachel's shoulder.

<Kitty> "All right." Kitty started slicing the apples neatly.

<Rogue> Rogue laughed as she helped Cessily, "Rae, ya gonna get it, one day, ya know? Somethin's gonna come back ta bite ya in the ass." She looked over her shoulder at Kyle, "Did ya set tha timer?"

<rachel> "It's like my job to worry people," she shrugged, messing with the dough. "I know. Already has a few times."

<Kyle> "uh..no I didn't...I forgot...after Mister Bishop told me not to. Not to forget I mean." Kyle answered Rogue

<rachel> "I'm amazed you fell for it. If I'd chopped my finger off, I'd have been freaking out. Plus, you could've just listened to Kyle."

<Kitty> Kitty dumped the apples into a pot and turned ont he gas under it, adding a bit of sugar. "But messing with them like that is horrible."

<Kyle> Kyle nodded to Rachels remark, "You could have." he then looked back at his pie, and realized that colour was a little darker than he would describe as golden.

<Cessily> "All right, that should be enough." Cessily stopped kneading the pastry and rolled it out. "I think it can go on the pie now, and then it's finally oven time."

<rachel> "If it was chopped off, Josh could've healed it, so no big deal really," Rachel gave another shrug, glancing at the apples. "Though, you'd have to go drag his ass out of bed."

<Rogue> Rogue sniffed, "Kyle, maybe ya should take it out now... Need help?" She walked over to him and peeked in the oven, "Yeah, looks a lil past done ta me..."

<Bishop> "You did get a timer set, right Kyle?" he came and looked over their shoulders.

<Kyle> "Yeah, help, save my pie." he struggled with the horrible evil ove mitts.

<Rogue> Rogue smiled and opened the oven, taking it out, closing the oven, then placing it carefully on the cooling rack, "There sugah. Still saved Ah think."

<Kitty> Kitty watched Rachel roll out the dough, nodding as she did it well. "Good job."

<Cessily> Cessily lovingly put the pastry on top of her pie and repaired it, until it finally looked like pie again. "There we go. See, now you're well again. Please be nice and bake this time, will you?"

<rachel> "Thanks. Maybe I can actually cook something for once..."

<Kyle> "I forgot, sorry." Kyle told Bishop, then "Thanks," to Rogue. He shook off the monstrous hand coverings known as oven mitts off, then inspected his pie.

<Cessily> Stepping over to the oven, she put it in where Kitty's pie had been.

<Bishop> "Well, no fires so no harm. Let it cool some on a rack over there," he gestured to a line of cooling racks.

<rachel> Rachel gave Rogue a look, "Did you...with just your...?" That had to have burned. Made her hands hurt thinking of burns after what happened with Mara.

<Rogue> Rogue raised an eyebrow at Rae, "What?"

<rachel> "Pull the pie out with you bare hands...?"

<Cessily> "I do that all the time, too." She chimed in. "You kinda get used to it."

<Bishop> "Only if you're invunerable. Dont go trying it, Rae."

<Rogue> "Yeah...Ah've got an invulnerability thing.." She frowned, "Ya didn't know that?"

<rachel> "Well, I knew, but yeah...slipped my mind...I guess," she shrugged, giving Bish a look, "I wasn't planning on it, and I think this is the first time you've called me by my name today."

<Bishop> "Now that just shows how little attention you've been payin'"

<Kitty> Kitty put the cooled apples into Rachel's crust, and covered it witht he other half of pastry. "Ok, you can stick it in the oven, now."

<Rogue> Rogue walked over to lean against a clear space of counter, "So, anybody else need help? Or are they all bakin'?"

<Cessily> Cessily stood in front of the oven, attentively peeking through the window. "Yes, that's nice. Go bake. Good pie." She sniffed the air as it started to smell deliciously. "I think it's finally working out this time."

<rachel> "Thanks, Kitty," she shot her a smile. "Yeah...paying attention. I should work on that."

<Bishop> "You can make some cookies if you want, Rogue. I can dig out the ingredients for you."

<rachel> Rachel grabbed the pie and stuck it in the oven, making sure to set a timer. That'd been what her and Meggan forgot to do.

<Kyle> Kyle poked his pie with a precarious pinky. It made a tapping sound. Was it supposed to be this hard? But it smells good.

<Rogue> Rogue smiled at Proffessor Bishop, "Thanks, but Ah'll be ok, Ah'm kinda all baked out at tha moment. Did a lot over tha holidays."

<rachel> "Like the soup," she smirked at Rogue, "That was good."

<Kitty> Kitty went over to her pie. It seemed cool enough. "Who wants pie?"

<Cessily> "Ooh, can I try?" Cessily stepped over and peeked over Kitty's shoulder. "Mine still needs a few minutes. And I can't wait. Yours smells so nice."

<Bishop> Lucas took a seat by the counter to let them get on with testing.

<Rogue> She made a small bow in Rae's direction, "Thanks, sugah. Ah thought so. Ah wish there was some left over, Ah want some now..." Rogue gave her a mock angry look, "Thanks alot..."

<rachel> "Blame Josh. He ate most of it." She glanced at Kitty's pie, "I'll have some."

<Kitty> Kitty got out knife and plates, and began slicing. "There's some whipped cream int he fridge, I think!"

<Cessily> "I'll get it!" Cessily exclaimed and bounced over to the fridge, rummaging through the contents until she found it. "Here it is."

<Kyle> Kyle stomach made a very aubible and embarrissing hungry grumbly noise. The smell of the kitchen was really getting to him.

<Kyle> "Can I have some?" he asked Kitty.

<Kitty> Kitty passed around the plates, saying, "Get your forks and your own whipped cream!" She dug into hers, smiling blissfully. It tasted so good!

<Cessily> "Thanks, Kitty!" Cessily took a plate with a cheery smile, put some whipped cream on top and then passed the can around. Finding a fork she took a bite. "Mmmmmmm, that's wonderful, Kitty. I can't believe it's your first apple pie."

<Bishop> "Don't take too long to taste, you got to clean up as well."

<Kitty> "But, I've been cleaning up the whole time my pie was in the oven! Do I still have to clean up now?"

<Cessily> "Oh yes, I have to keep an eye on my own pie."

<Cessily> Cessily peeked through the window again. "Just two more minutes, I guess. It already looks rally tasty."

<Rogue> Rogue took a plate and a fork and took a large bite, "Mmm..." She finished chewing and swallowed the first bite, getting her fork set up for a second, "This really is good, Kitty."

<rachel> Rachel made a face as her timer went off. She shut it off and set her plate on the counter, so she could take it out of the oven. It was amazing she'd actually made something that didn't explode or catch fire.

<Bishop> "Not bad work, Torch."

<Kitty> "Thanks!"

<Kyle> Kyle took a slice of Kitty Pie, skipping the whipped cream. "Itf rweally good" and then swallowed the bite.

<rachel> "I think the world is ending. I baked something, and it turned out okay..."

<Rogue> Rogue laughed at Rachel, "Ya gotta get it out first... Ya never know till ya taste it."

<Cessily> Another timer beeped. "Yay, I have pie, too." Cessily made a triumphant gesture and opened the oven, pulling out her own pie. "And it even looks like pie. And smells like it."

<Cessily> She turned around. "Thanks everyone for helping me!"

<Cessily> She laughed. "That's awesome, Rae!"

<rachel> She carefully pulled it out of the oven as she wasn't very fond of burns and set it out to cool.

<Kitty> Kitty smiled, and cut another couple slices. "I'm going to take a slice to Lizzie." She diappeared up through the ceiling.

<Cessily> "Ok, see you later, Kit!" Cessily looked at her own pie with admiration. "All right, so who's brave enough to try a piece of mine now. Uhm... or as soon as it has cooled off."

<Kyle> "Oh, oh, oh, me!" Kyle waved. Anything to fill his stomach.

<Cessily> "Sure. But let's give it a few minutes, okay? You'll burn your mouth otherwise."

<Kyle> Kyle groaned, "Okay...wanna do something to pass the time?"

<Cessily> "Uhm, we can clean the kitchen. Professor Bishop asked us to."

<Kyle> Kyle sighed, "Okay."