7/03 Game: Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!

Read our full Game transcripts here!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

7/03 Game: Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Oct. 10th

Cessily: Cessily turned around and let her gaze pass over the assembled students. "Alright, everybody," she said, clasping her hands as she gave everyone a friendly smile. "Good you could all make it. Though, before we can get started with today's training session, there might still be a few details we have to go through."

Cessily: She ran a hand through her hair, trying to decide on the best way to explain. "Okay, I guess it's best if you guys all follow me to the DR and... uhm, see for yourself." Cess managed a sheepish grin.

Miranda: "Didn't this room, like, try to kill everybody last year? Isn't that why we haven't been having class in there?" Miranda shifted her weight uncomfortably and followed Cess to the DR.

Jay: Jay bounced on the balls of his feet with a smile. Just what he needed, a team excersize to get his mind off everything. "Sure thing, ma'am." He grinned at Cess, following her.

Darren: Darren shot Jay a slightly worried look as they followed Cessily.

Tigra: Tigra followed on behind the others, her tail swishing behind her. She hoped she was dressed okay... wasn't a lot of variation in her outfits.

Cessily: "Excellent question," Cess said, maybe a bit too enthusiastically, and pointed at Miri. "Always a good attention to details. So, yes, there have been these issues, that's right." She walked more or less backwards as she led the students to the control room. "But they have been resolved by now and the room is back in working condition."

Jay: Jay shot Darren a look. He understood those 'issues' probably better then everyone in the room right now. He noticed the worried look. "Y'all okay, Gede?"

Cessily: "Actually, it's the reason for the changes that have been made," Cess explained, stopping in front of the metal door and sucking on her lower lip.

Miranda: "Working, like, working like the Star Trek thingie? Because last time the teachers had us come in here... I mean, after the..." She trailed off, not wanting to bring up the Sam thing. "Um, it was just a big blank room..."

Darren: "Me? Fine, I'm fine, yep," Darren said, flicking his lip ring with his teeth.

Tigra: Tigra frowned, two people with no scents looking all shifty. She didn't like it.

Jay: Jay took the risk of patting Darren's shoulder.

Monet: Monet rolled her eyes, "Don't worry, Miranda. We'll let it eat your first."

Cessily: "So, yeah, Professor Xavier came up with a workable solution that should help settle any issues with the Danger Room once and for all, and make everyone involved happy," Cess said, fidgeting with her fingers while she smiled at the others. "Then they drew straws to decide who gets to pass on the news, but eventually just settled on having me do it while they go for tea."

Tigra: "Erm... what happened with the room? Trying to kill people? I feel like I missed something...." Tigra chewed her lip.

Darren: "Guess that's the downside of being the office junior, huh?" Darren said, flashing her a nervous smile.

Miranda: Miranda barely suppressed her annoyed huff and flipped her hair, deciding to pay attention to Cess instead. "Lucky you," she giggled, nibbling on a thumbnail as she eyed the door nervously.

Cessily: "Right, enough talking, I guess." She took a deep, yet unnecessary breath, and hit the switch to open the door to the DR's control room. "Without further delays, please welcome our new operator for all things DR."

Jay: Jay kept his mouth shut on that. He wasn't risking accidently saying what happened - it was personal to Darren after all. "New operator...?"

Tigra: "Oh someone who knows how it works?" That didn't sound too bad.

Monet: "A new operator? Lovely. We have to go through more hoops to use this room."

Darren: ... Oh great ...

Danger: Danger looked up from the bar she was sitting at and turned around in her chair, a big white Russian in her hand. "Greetings, true believers."

Jay: Jay just...stared, wings flaring slightly. "...You?"

Darren: Darren gave his former captor a fixed smile, "Hey Danger ..."

Tigra: "Wooow!!! Is that a robot?!" Tigra could barely contain herself, "That is so cool!"

Cessily: "I guess most of you already know each other," Cess said, putting on her kindest smile as she tried to radiate some calmness.

Miranda: Miranda pulled her thumb from her mouth and cocked her head. "Whoa..."

Miranda: "She's like... a robot bartender!"

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow, "Hello there."

Cessily: "For those of you who haven't met her yet, this is Danger," Cess said, giving a nod. "And she's not just a robot, she's a fully sentient, learning AI with an individual personality."

Tigra: "Wow really?!" Tigra's eyes were huge, "That's amazing! Hi Danger! I'm Tigra!" She waved.

Danger: Danger's head tilted slightly, though not in a fluid motion as a being of bones and muscles would have. It just was series of small proceedings until the head finally was in a desired position. "I also receive cable television."

Monet: "And she's also who tried to kill the group of students, correct? How was she fixed then?"

Miranda: "No way!" Miranda liked this Danger better already.

Cessily: "We explained to her that it's bad to kill people," Cess offered as an explanation.

Jay: Jay glanced at Darren, then at the robot, recovering quickly. "Hey, Danger." He smiled warily, before narrowing his eyes slightly at Monet. He couldn't very well say without giving it all away...

Monet: "And she just accepted that? Somehow I'm not so sure about that."

Danger: "Killing people is bad," she spoke follwoing Cessily. "Hasta la vista, baybay." That was a surprisingly good Austrian accent.

Darren: "Yeah, it's a mutual thing, we don't try to deleat her, she doesn't try to kill us," Darren added on.

Cessily: "Don't we all accept that," Cess asked. "We all live by the golden rule, after all. Or should, anyway."

Miranda: Miranda giggled.

Jay: "Think dat's...fairly reasonable...all things considered..." Jay snorted at the imitation. "Ah can do better."

Danger: She put down the glass and walked up to the small crowd, the glass and the bar folding into themselves in an incredibly detailed mechanism and finally vanishing into the ground.

Danger: "How may I be of service?"

Tigra: Tigra grinned at Danger, "So cool! Can I touch you?"

Miranda: Sad the alcohol was gone, Miranda actually looked at Danger. And Danger's tiny, tiny, wasplike metal waist. She sucked in her stomach.

Cessily: Cess breathed an inaudible sigh of relief. No flying limbs and blasting laser bolts so far. That was a good start, she figured.

Danger: Danger held out her hand towards Tigra.

Tigra: Tigra managed not to squee as she took the robot's hand to examine it. "Oh my God I love this place so much! So cool!" Her tail swung quickly behind her as she sniffed at the robot lady.

Darren: Well, he might as well be polite and make conversation with her, "I liked the bar Danger, you been having fun exploring the world outside then?"

Monet: "Let's hope she doesn't actually explore the world outside."

Miranda: "Can she do that? Like go outside the DR? I thought she was, like, another hologram... or whatever the stuff here is..."

Danger: "Fun?" She titled her head again and then seemed to remember something, an act that was pretty much this: an act. After all, she could process several terrabytes of information withing seconds, no problems remembering stuff there.

Jay: Jay chewed his lip, watching Danger warily. He'd have to admit he'd be a lot more nervous if he didn't have Darren's memories, but it didn't stop him rubbing the scars on his chest she'd forced Darren to give him. "Nope, she's a bona fide robot."

Darren: "No, she's not a hologram, she's a person," Darren said, "Yeah, fun, like enjoyment?"

Cessily: "No, she's absolutely real," Cess said, stepping closer to put a hand on Danger's shoulder.

Miranda: "Whoa, like those ones in the movies?" She tilted her head at Cess and Darren. "Or, I guess... like you guys, so... nevermind?"

Danger: "Initiating sequence 'Adriana Bug-o-rama'" Little bits and pieces of metal and plastic spouted out of the ground

Tigra: "Amazing..." Tigra said finally releasing Danger's hand, "Really really awesome."

Monet: Monet crossed her arms and just looked at the robot, not sure she trusted it yet.

Jay: "Whoa, anythin' with Adriana and Bug in d' same sentance ain't a good thing." Jay's wings twitched as he looked around, watching. "Though...dat's pretty cool."

Cessily: "Yes, personally I am delighted to have another fellow metal person here at school," Cess said, putting on a grin.

Tigra: Bugs! Tigra mindslapped the feral. Not today.

Darren: "Yeah, she's like me and Cess I guess," Darren shrugged, "Suppose you could say she's a mutant too, if you use the term in it's broadest sense."

Monet: "Very broad. She could be dismembered and put back together like a piece of machinery. You both started out like the rest of us. Flesh and blood."

Cessily: "Yes, apparently not only humans can mutate, but computer programs, too," Cess said, nodding. "Isn't that amazing?"

Danger: The bits started to assemble themselves into vaguely human shapes, one smaller than the other. Then a holographic skin got reflected on them, revealing...basically the mother from "The Brady Bunch", and one of the boys.

Tigra: "It is!" Tigra agreed with Cessily. Then blinked at the hologram things. "Wow... that's... creepy."

Miranda: "That's pretty nifty then." Miranda toyed with a lock of her hair and looked her over. Shiny, like Cess... but whiter. More... roboty. Something else was forming in the room now and she turned to watch it.

Jay: Jay scowled at Monet. "Personally, Ah think she's good t' go. If Darren's cool wit' her, den she ain't gonna cause issue, an' seein' as how he was d' one she possessed...wow." he looked at the holograms.

Darren: And kidnapped and forced to build a body for ... "How's the shell holding up anyway, I see you've made some improvements anyways," Darren said, physical eyes still watching Danger.

Danger: "Mom, I am so thirsty, don't we have coke or something like that?" The "boy"'s lips moved, but the voice came clearly out of Danger's mouth, that also moved.

Danger: "Oh, but coke is far too unhealthy for you. Why won't you try some "Beetle Juice""? A flashy can grew out of the "mother"'s hand and she held it up towards the crowd with a wide grin, the words still coming from Danger.

Danger: "Only with the best of honey and ginger."

Monet: "In case you hadn't noticed, Joshua, I don't tend to trust things or people easily. And the Brady Bunch is quite disturbing."

Miranda: "Okay, kinda creepy..." Miranda wrinkled her nose. "I never saw this episode..."

Tigra: Tigra laughed, "Beetle Juice! Wow you're advertising for her too?"

Cessily: "She was very busy watching TV," Cess explained, smiling sheepishly.

Jay: Jay ignored Monet. No one had the right to use his real name, except his mom and his sis, one of which was estranged and the other dead. "Oui, just a bit." He smirked. "If it keeps her occupied, eh?"

Tigra: "That's Adriana's drink - it's tastey!" Tigra grinned.

Danger: "User Adriana has implied a query for advertisement regarding the product "Beetle Juice"." Those last two words were spoken with the voice of the mom again. "I have put together elements that can be used by observing current trends."

Darren: Darren snorted, "You know if she's planning on putting that on TV she'll need the rights for it, Danger?"

Miranda: "You've been watching too much Nick at Night if that's current," she snorted.

Jay: "Yeah, it is, an' it ain' bad either." Jay grinned.

Danger: "Rights...I will inquire on this..." Danger checked her databases. "The copyright laws become part of the public domain seventy years after the creator's death...calculating possible solutions...final solution inacceptable under current operating parameters. Initiating secondary proposition."

Cessily: Cessily chuckled nervously. "I guess that's a good thing..."

Danger: The figures fell apart and new bits of metal and plastic started to show up, reassembling themselves into a quite humongous and deformed shape.

Jay: "...Am Ah d' only one gettin' Akira flashbacks here...?"

Tigra: Tigra looked at Jay, "Yes...?" she guessed.

Miranda: Miranda took a step back and wondered if she should be taking cover. "Uhhhh, this normal?"

Danger: The assembly ended and a new layer of light was poured over the figure, revealing...a larger-than-life bee!

Danger: ((http://www.sugarscostumes.com/galleries ... ex_bee.jpg))

Darren: "A juice advert based on Akira would fucking own- hey, wicked!"

Tigra: Tigra poked at the bee.

Monet: "Adriana is rather odd."

Darren: "That's nightmare fuel right there," Darren snorted.

Miranda: The bee looked kinda cartoony, so Miranda giggled nervously but kept backing up.

Danger: "HEY KIDS! I am Queen Bee, and you HAVE to try the new beetle juice!" The can grew out of the mascot's hand again. "Ask your parents and tell them it doesn't only taste super good, it also is good for YOU!"

Jay: "...Dat's jus' fuckin' creepy." Jay grinned up at it. "Ah dunno, dude, Akira Bee?"

Tigra: "Adriana is nice." Tigra asserted, "And her juice is yummy." She nodded.

Danger: Then it started to waggle its arms and began a quite un-elegant dance. "We love Beetle Juice, we love Beetle Juice! Don't be a shnooze, drink Beetle Juice!"

Monet: "And you're grrrrreat!" Monet smirked at Tigra.

Cessily: "Well, I'm sure she just needs some time to get accustomed to her new postition," Cessily said, still managing to maintain that smile on her lips. "After all, her experiences with social interactions have been kinda limited in the past."

Darren: "If it's a queen bee you should give it a cape and crown," Darren suggested.

Tigra: Tigra hissed at Monet.

Danger: "Cape...and crown..." The bee grew a small pink cape and what looked like the crown of the queen of England.

Miranda: "Like the whole attempted killing thing?" Miranda expertly sidestepped behind Jay.

Monet: Monet just arched an eyebrow and the smirk grew.

Darren: "The trying to kill people was a misunderstanding," Darren quickly said, "gve the cape an ermine trim."

Tigra: Tigra watched the danciing bee. It was soooo tempting.....

Jay: Jay smiled at Miri and flared his wings for her. "Well, Ah'm sure she'll learn quickly enough, if we spend time wit' her, right?"

Cessily: "Well, yes, that's one of the main points of this agreement," Cess said, nodding at the others before she looked back at Danger. "To give all of us the chance to get to know each other and learn something new."

Tigra: Her eyes followed it's progress, her tail slowing. Moment's later she was on top of it.

Danger: "Trim..." The bee's cape changed accordingly. "This is appealing to the group of children between the ages of 8.7 and 13.4, yes?"

Danger: She tilted her head again and observed the cat girl on top of the bee.

Jay: "It's appealin' to me, an' Ah'm pushin' my twenties." Jay smirked at Danger, then watched Tigra.

Darren: "Yeah, I'd say so-" Darren watched Tigra sail past, "also it's appealing to tabby-cats as well it would seem," he remarked dryly.

Cessily: "It seem to appeal to her, at least," Cess remarked.

Tigra: Squishy! She squished the bee as she clung on to it.

Danger: Then the bee's head started to rotate, as if to get her off, and, when this didn't work, it also started to...projectile-vomit a green substance, all the while a disillusionized old priest spoke out of Danger's mouth "The power of Christ compels you! The power of Christ compels you!"

Tigra: Ewww! Icky stuff! She climbed up ontop of it's head. Couldn't get her now!

Jay: Jay couldn't help it - he cracked up, wings shaking.

Darren: ".... Pahahahahaaa! Oh epic!" Darren said, totally cracking up.

Cessily: Cessily couldn't help but laugh at the compltely bonkers scene in front of them.

Monet: Monet made a face and took a step back, "Those two things do not go together, Danger."

Danger: "This is the proposed procedure to remove malign influence, yes?"

Danger: The bee now started to run around the room with flailing arms, all the while still vomiting and rotating its head.

Tigra: Tigra dug her claws in.

Jay: "Accordin' to d' Exorcist, oui." Jay finally managed. Darren had an interesting mental catalogue of movies. He pushed up into the air to avoid the deluge of pea soup, hovering about fifteen feet in the air and folding his arms.

Darren: "That's what makes it hillarious," Darren said, "just go up to a wall and see if you can scrap Tiggy off or something."

Cessily: "Well, it's way funny, at least," Cess said, still giggling.

Danger: Danger tilted again in this human-ish-thought-not-yet-human way, and suddenly the bee just collapsed into thousands of plastic and metal pieces again.

Jay: "Safe t' come down yet? Only dese feathers take ages t' clean, even d' metal ones."

Tigra: Tigra eeped and landed on the floor, looking around for the suddenly vanished bee and clawing at the floor to see if it was under there.

Monet: Monet smirked and wondered how much of a cat and how little of a human Tigra actually was.

Danger: "Initializing last sequence: Superbowl Ad." Now the little metal and plastic bits kept on pouring down in millions from all over the walls.

Tigra: After a moment of mewwing at the unyeilding floor Tigra looked up. More stuff to chase?!

Cessily: Cessily frowned and took a step closer to the others. "Oh my, I so hope this is not going to end up too messy."

Danger: "This is "fun", yes?"

Jay: Jay dropped back to the floor to avoid being included in the display, watching. "Ah'd say it's pretty awesome so far, Danger."

Darren: "Superbowl? Huh, the girl's abitious, and yeah, I think it's great!" Darren said, grinning at Danger, she was cool when she wasn't trying to get into his pants.

Danger: In front of their eyes a full-blown medieval town started to errect itself...a town in the middle of a jousting tournament. And they were in the middle of the crowd, as to their left the black knight started to sprout up, sitting on a fiery steed and holding a giant lance.

Danger: on their right, Queen Bee appeared again, holding up a small pink shield with the Beetle Juice logo on it, and only a can of Beetle Juice in the other hand, instead of a lance.

Tigra: Horses? Yum! But wait. The bee was back! She crouched, watching it carefully.

Danger: Behind the students an individual clearly identifyable as the king was holding up their hand.

Darren: "... Epic."

Monet: "You really must be a cat mutated to be a human and not the other way around."

Jay: "...Agreed. She's got some imagination, ain' she?" Jay murmured, glancing at Danger.

Cessily: Cess tried to decide what was more amusing: Danger's awesome show, or Tigra waiting for something to pounce. In any case, she found herself clapping her hands as she laughed.

Tigra: All her attention was focused on the bee. It wasn't going to get away this time. She edged a little closer.

Danger: The king's hand fell, and the black knight took charge, while Queen Bee remained firmly seated in one spot.

Danger: He galloped closer and closer, with Queen Bee only playing around with the can and juggling it a bit with one hand.

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow and blinked, "Do we have a remote to change the channel with?"

Danger: When the knight finally nearly had reached the mascot, it simply threw the can at the knight's head, making him fall down and stying on the ground, knocked out.

Cessily: "I don't think she came with one," Cess replied, leaning closer to Monet.

Monet: "She should have."

Tigra: Bee was distracted! Tigra pounced.

Danger: Then, Danger went with the voice of a female presenter "Beetle Juice: Maybe just a drink...but WHAT a drink!"

Jay: "Ah think it's awesome, considerin' she's only a computer program."

Danger: The bee started it's flailing run again.

Darren: Darren laughed and clapped, "Ha! Nice one, though have you thought about adding a comic sound effect when the can connects?"

Tigra: Okay Tigra, had your fun now... let the bee go and stop embarrassing us.... The internal rational voice pleaded.

Danger: The scenery started to fall apart again. "I will re-evaluate, yes."

Tigra: And the bee vanished again. Tigra dusted herself off and stood up, smoothing down her hair and clothes. She wasn't going to look as embarrassed as she felt.

Monet: "And for those of us who aren't fond of television shows and commercials, what do you have that's considered 'fun', Danger? Because that was not."

Jay: "Not bad for a first showin', ami." Jay smiled at Danger. He rolled his eyes at Monet. "Everyone's a critic. Ah'd say dat was almost good enough for a media assignmen'. Y'all thought of a jingle yet?"

Monet: "It was a legitamate question."

Tigra: "It's a good question." Tigra said, returning to the group, "I'd like to know what else is on offer..."

Jay: "No, it was a demeanin' one. At leas' she was showin' skill an' tryna get along wit' us."

Monet: "Not everyone finds that mind-numbing dribel entertaining."

Cessily: "Yes, don't discriminate against the metal people," Cess said, giving the others a smile.

Jay: Jay snorted, but just shrugged. "It ain't my thing either, but Ah happen t' appreciate skill an' imagination where Ah see it." He turned his back on Monet, smiling at Danger. "Y'all need a hand wit' music, Ah'm your man, Danger."

Danger: She looked at Monet. "Portion of potential consumers that do not watch television shows is regarded too small for special effort. Designated as 'Stuck up fartheads'." The last bit came out in Adriana's voice.

Tigra: Tigra giggled at Danger's imitation of Adriana, "Wow that sounds just like her, was that a recording?"

Danger: "Correct."

Darren: "Thus speaks the ignorant," he said to Monet, "advertising requires a lot of research, I'd say you'd done quite well in appealing to your target demographic."

Tigra: "But advertising isn't the only thing Danger can do right?" she looked at Danger again, "You can do more stuff? Not that that wasn't really cool...."

Danger: "I am in full control of the are designated as 'Danger Room', correct."

Monet: "I know it requires research. I never said the people who created the advertisements were lacking in intelligence. The people who watch them are."

Darren: "You're a very stilted person if you can't apperciate the creative process," Darren shrugged, "buuuut we knew that anways, right?" he winked at everyone else.

Monet: Monet shrugged, "You can think what you like about me and I'll continue thinking what I do about the 'targeted demographics'."

Tigra: Tigra frowned at Darren, "She didn't say she didn't appreciate the 'creative process'..."

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow at Tigra. Someone was sticking up for her? That was rare. And even more so that it wasn't one of the men she was sleeping with.

Jay: Jay just rolled his eyes, grinning at Darren. He hadn't seen any reason to forgive Monet for the accusation about the sewers yet. "Oui. Well, Ah hate to cut out on y'all early, but Ah've gotta go hand in an assignment. Ah'll leave y'all to your toys - Ah'm gonna make an A dis time if it kills me." He tossed a wave to Darren and Danger before glancing at Cess.

Jay: "...Is dat okay? Sorry, Cess."

Danger: Danger curiously observed the human interaction. "This is Dallas, yes?"

Darren: "Sure she did, just not in as many words-pardon?" He turned back to Danger.

Tigra: Tigra blinked at Danger then wrinkled her nose, "Uh... I hope not?"

Monet: "Non, I did not."

Danger: "The person called 'Monet' is Joan Collins, yes?"

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow, "Non. I am Monet."

Cessily: Cessily nodded at Jay. "Yes, that's perfectly okay," she said. "In fact, there doesn't have to be a training session today. The main reason for gathering everyone down here was to introduce you guys to Danger."

Tigra: Tigra raised an eyebrow. "Well this is a whole new level of surreal...."

Jay: "Alright. Ah'll see y'all later." Jay waved and headed out.

Darren: Darren resisted the urge to facepalm, "Danger, not everything on TV can be applied to real life .... though which character am I?"

Danger: "Gargamel."

Tigra: Tigra snorted.

Darren: "... Ha! Awesome!"

Monet: "And now we know she's here and her limits involve television. Someone should give her more programs. Merci, Cessily."

Tigra: "I don't think I want to ask what character from tv I get... I'm sure I'd be insulted..." she frowned, "Um... no offence to your sense of humour or... whatever it is...."

Monet: "I believe you'd be Tony the Tiger in female form."

Tigra: "I don't like frosties." Tigra deadpanned.

Danger: Danger pointed at Tigra "Ctarl Ctarl."

Tigra: Tigra raised an eyebrow, "Hmm..." she considered this, "I can live with that."
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen