Read our full Game transcripts here!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

4/24 Game: Deku Deku

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: May 6th

Adriana opened the door to the Danger Room excitedly. "Come on in! Come on in!" She couldn't wait to show the others what she had done and barely could stop herself from bouncing happily.

Selene cautiously poked her head into the large room and took a look around. "So we're pretty much sure that there was only one psychotic AI inhabited this place, and that everything is much safer now with her strolling around the mansion instead of being trapped in here?"

"In a nutshell, yep," Darren said, "don't worry, I'm more paranoid then Marvin and have run every check possible ... three times, nothing left here."

Jay sidled behind everyone, trying to keep his wings wrapped around him as much as possible to hide his skin. He'd even considered wearing a coat, not that he could... "If Darren says it's safe, it's safe." He muttered, fingers going through his feathers nervously.

"Yes, it's safe, it's safe!" She motioned Selene to follow in.

"I'll try not to be a killjoy then," Selene said and followed the others inside.

Say it. I'm not going to say it. It's too obvious. There's no funny in it. Say it. Wade stared as he walked. Say it. "BLUE JAY! Jay is BLUE! His colour! It's blue!"

Adriana gave Jay an interested look, her head slightly cocked and her finger on her lips. "He is..." But then she turned back and moved over to the control panel.

Jay winced at the yelling from Wade, trying to resist the urge to cucoon himself completely in his wings. "Yes, Wade, Ah'm blue, and my name's Jay. Well done. Have a cookie." He said testily.

"What's worse is that he obviously escaped from the Chocolate Factory without bringing back any samples for us," Selene commented on the case of Blueberry-Jay.

"Once again you're powers of deduction astound us Wade," Darren said, unable to keep the amused smirk from playing over his lips, "perhaps you'll also care to note that his wings're red?" And clash! Oh boy And clash! Oh boy ... the clash, haha!

Darren couldn't stop the snort at what Selene said.

Slowly but steadily a very green forrest was building up around them. VERY green. One could assume that, if it wasn't daytime in this simulation, the forrest would have glowed on its own.

Selene winced at the aggressively green forest. "It must be eye-cancer- inducing-colour-day again."

Jay muttered something into his feathers before relaxing the wings. "Ain' no chocolate for me either..."

"Soooo, what are we up to in the deep not-so-dark woods?" Wade asked, and then added as well, "plus, are we there yet?"

"And now, for the best part!" She hit one more key on the panel, and a matrix appeared on her and the other students, changing their appearances.

A red cap appeared on her head, with a big M on it, as well as a red boiler suit and a blue shirt. To finish it off, a big, quite obviously fake moustache appeared on her face. "It'sa me!"

Jay blinked, looking down at himself - and taking a step back. His skin was normal colour, which was awesome, but he was also clothed in very familiar green gear and holding a bow, with a sword at his waist. And no wings, though he could still feel them after a panicked moment searching.

Selene didn't feel anything unusual, but her vision blurred for a moment while the holographic field wrapped its matrix around her body and added an artificial layer. She blinked in surprise, then tried to wipe the forcefield away as if it were an offending spiderweb - with little success, naturally. "I'm green," she announced, staring at her chubby hands. "Why am I green?"

"You are Yoshi!" Adriana clapped her whitely gloved hands.

"Better'n bein' blue." Jay smiled finally - he could live with being a Hylian if it meant no blue skin - and stretched out his invisible wings.

Selene turned around to look at Adriana, only to promptly fall over her clumsy short limbs and plant her ridiculously big nose on the ground. "I'm a what?" She squeaked in surprise. "Sounds like something serious."

Pietro stepped into the danger room, kind of relieved to see it working again but his relief was shortlived. He frowned as it applied a holographic layer on him and looked down at himself. There was some kind of cloak involved and some crazy armor, he lifted a hand and felt the air over his shoulder. And a sword. "Er.... hi?"

"Yoshi!" Adriana jumped on Selene's back. "It'sa me!" Then she poked her heels into the hologram's sides to make it shoot its tongue.

"Hey, what..." Selene's words were transformed into a gargling sound as her tongue shot out and latched onto a nearby rock. "Gah! Fhiss if ffso diffgufting."

"He... heeello..." Selene managed to pull free her elongated tongue, which whipped back into her reptilian maw. "Hello, Pietro," she managed to say, then tried to turn her head to see what Adriana was doing on her back.

"Heya Pietro, it'sa me!" She waved at the newcomer. "Isn't this neat? I programmed it all on my own, and on the first try!"

Pietro raised an eyebrow, "Um... why...?" he gestured at himself. He didn't mind the blue. He liked blue. It was just a bit unexpected.

"Apparently so people have an excuse to ride me," Selene commented in a dry tone.

Wade looked down at himself. It seemed for a while as if the DR couldn't make its damned mind, and then suddenly he found himself in tight blue spandex with big boots and a cannon thing on his one hand. And don't forget your special helmet. And a special helmet.

"Lookit! Megaman and Marth!" She jumped off of Selene's back and poked Wade in the face. "Who is blue now?"

Jay examined his bow, absently tugging on a pointed ear - and then a blue light with wings popped into existance. He stared at it for a moment. Then narrowed his eyes at the first 'HEY LINK!!!'

"ZOEMYGAWD! Kill it!" Wade yelled as he saw a horrible alien thing floating next to Jay. Wade brought his arm up and shot at the horror.

Navi, unfortunately, was made of sterner light particles and promptly hid in the band of his hat, gibbering. Jay muttered something in creole.

"Oh, yes!" She snapped with her fingers. "Everybody has got the adequate powers, so be careful and don't hit anybody."

"Er... that's nice?" Pietro pulled out the sword and looked at it, "I have no idea what powers they would be..." He wasn't really big on computer games.

Jay felt behind him - yup, Master Sword and shield, and a quiver full of - he grinned. Quiver full of arrows and a bag full of bombs. Oh fuck yes. "Hey, do Ah get Lon Lon milk too?"

Wade stared down the barrel of his armcannon thing. "Aim's waaaay off."

Selene managed to regain control over her limbs, even though the tail that swished around behind her was mightily irritating. How did Kyle and Hepz deal with those annoying things? "Powers? What's mine? Being frighteningly ridiculous and having a long, disgusting tongue?"

"And the eggs!"

"Eggs," Selene asked, sounding alarmed.

"You first need to find a bottle, dummy." She waggled her finger at Jay, but got interrupted in her playful scolding by a multitude of faint *WAKKAWAKKAWAKKA*s that slowly grew larger.

Pietro looked up from examining the blade, "Adriana... what exactly do we have to look forward to here...?"

Jay rooted in his bag and - "Got one!" He held it up, and then blinked at the sound. "...D' fuck?"

And bit by bit, dachshund-tall mushrooms started to pop up, waddling towards them on their tiny feet and constantly going *WAKKA* from their mouths that had quite the overbite and an impressive set of tusks.

"... What the hell are they?" Pietro blinked at them.

Jay stared. Just...stared.

"Is anyone else has terrified as I am right now," Selene asked the others while she stared at the things.

"Cannon fodder!" Was Wade's reply and tried his arm cannon out again, this time aiming at the mushrooms.

"Weird, I can't remember putting goombas in here..." One had reached her by now and tried to attack her shin, but she simply stepped on it.

'Hey! Link! Look!' The blue light shot out of his cap and hovered over one. Jay poked it with his bow, then kicked it when it tried to bite him.

Before she knew what was happening, her long tongue shot out of her mouth and dragged the nearest of the strange little creature's into her mouth. "Did I just eat that," Selene exclaimed. "Why did I eat that? It didn't look delicious at all!"

"Better it than you?" Pietro hazarded, poking at one with his sword. "Funny looking things...."

"Oh I don't know, saute'd with some garlic and herbs, they would probably be delicious." Wade commented, shaking his cannonarm.

Jay batted at Navi as she buzzed around his head. "Alright, alright, Ah know, dey're bad guys! Jesus, get outta my face so's Ah can do somethin' den!!" She finally seemed to get the hint, and Jay could feel his eye twitch as he pulled out an arrow. "Fuckin' fairies..."

Adriana simply jumped on the heads of all the goombas that came up to her, until suddenly something hit her head. "OUCH!" She looked up and saw that a solid metal block had appeared out of nowehere...And a mushroom was growing out of it. "OOOHHHHH!"

She grabbed the miushroom and...Bingo! She grew to twice her size. "It'sa me!" Now half a dozen mushroom people perished under her mighty heel.

Selene had started to run around in a circle, wildly flailing her chubby green arms. Which actually did accomplish more than anyone would have expected, since she stepped on a large number of those goomba-things and squished them.

Pietro swished the sword. A wave of energy shot out of the end of it and nuked a bunch of the little walking mushrooms. "Woah!"

"I hope you're not planning to ride on my back in this form," Selene commented, suspiciously eying Adriana's huge form.

"Aaaand now this is getting repetitive," Wade said, sitting on a stump and just shot his share of the little irritants as they came waddling closer.

Jay looked up as...Mario...grew. He could think of better ways to celebrate his health then screwing a bomb onto an arrow. Oh well. He nocked it to his bow, aimed along the shaft and let it go - the resulting explosion taking out a good number of the things. "Oh fucking sweet."

"Sssstop thisss insssolencssse at once!" A hissing voice came out from a tree, and a shadow jumped out into the open. It revealed to be a man with a snake-mask. Not just a snake's head, a full snake as a mask, with the widely-opened mouth as space for the face.

"I will not allow you to treat the king'sssssss troopssss that way!" He shot a...mechanical snake at Adriana's chest.

"It's a snake," Selene yelled, resuming her wild flailing and bounding.

"... This is probably the weirdest simulation I've ever seen...." Pietro blinked at the snake.

"OUCH! My boob!" And with that she shrunk again. "Aww, damn." But she had not much time to miss her suddenly shrunken state, as the snake person was simply grabbing her and putting her over his shoulder. "HEY?!"

...Jay blinked. "If dere's any badgers, Ah'm gonna scream." His invisible wings flared again as he put his bow away and drew the sword and shield, admiring the Master Sword for a moment. "...Ah want dis sword for real. Fuck! He's takin' d' princess!"

"If you want to ssssee the plumber again, come to the king'ssss cassstle." And he jumped away in great leaps.

"Hey, that dude looks familiar." Wade wondered outloud, tapping the cannon at his chin as he thought.

Jay stood there for a second, then scratched between his wingroots with the Master Sword. "...Well. Dis is. Uh, interestin'." What the hell, he was healthy now. He pointed. "To the castle! The Hero of Courage compels you!!"

Pietro put the sword away and frowned, "Er... okay... does someone want to tell me what the hell is happening?"

"We're supposed to rescue a plumber from the clutches of an evil snakeman," Selene wondered aloud, furrowing her huge brows. "I don't know a whole lot about these things, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to go."

Wade's handcannon shot in front of his face and he remember, "Oh, now I know, that's one of megaman's bosses. Totally got to kill him. Shoots these adorable little snake missiles."

"Adriana made dis. Ah'm guessin' it's a giant computer game." Jay shrugged, stepping on a mushroom. "Ah well." He grinned, modulating his voice to the little he knew of Links. "I'm completely cured and up for some fun! Let's go rescue Mario!!"

"Snake missiles," Selene mused, pausing for a moment to think about that concept. "I should keep that in mind..."

The blue ball of light giggled around him for no apparent reason.

"Well I figured it's computer game related, but I'm afraid to say my knowledge of games is somewhat lacking..." He watched the fairy.

Wade gave another pot shot at the fairy for fun. "I say we follow the yellow pixel road down to the castle, rescue the princess...I mean mario, hit the high score, and get pizza to celebrate."

"All you need to know, right now, is that I'm Link." Jay grinned. "And not blue. For now." He reached up and poked Navi. "And this, this is the most irritating group of pixels ever invented by man. Going by the Ocarina, I'm Ocarina-of-Time Link. Thank god. Not sure I could handle being Deku LInk."

'Hey! Link! Listen! This way!!'

"I like the part about pizza...." Pietro looked at Jay, "Not blue?"

"Well, I can relate to a potential pizza-reward, so I say we get this done." Selene started to trot into the indicated direction. "I feel rather plumb like this."

Wade gave another shot at the fairy thing.

The blue sparkly thing started to lead them off. "Uuuuuh...I'm completely Legacy-free, but...I had...a reaction to the cure...watch it, still have wings, they're just invisible. Yeah, I'm...very...blue...right now..." Wow, Link's voice as he did it was actually kinda sexy...

"Speaking of mangos, do we even have player scores?" Wade mused.

"Blue's not a bad colour..." Pietro replied, following the others, "Quite like it actually..."

"You know the colour of my hair, right?" Jay grinned. "Imagine that with dark blue."

"Sounds.... great..." Pietro returned the grin.

From the far-too-blue sky a a roaring was to be heard, and soon a small squadron of biplanes closed in on them, dropping what seemed to be turtles with parachutes over them.

"Jay boy just need a white toga, then he'll be a walking american red white and blue figure. Perfect for fourth of july- oh look, more stuff to kill."

"It's not like you could get much more flashy," Selene remarked, then stopped dead in her tracks. "Drop turtles!"

"Hell?" Jay blinked up. "Oh man, actually, this is a hell of a lot of fun." He grinned, pulling out his sword and shield. "At least they're not badgers!!"

I just remembered something. Whut? You can hold back the shooting and give like big explody shots. "Hold back the shot" Wade's armcannon started to collect bubbles of light."....and....let fire!" he shot a bigger version of his normal shots at the bunches of parachutes.

"Neato."

Actually...he felt at his hip and - "YES!!" Putting the sword and shield away, he pulled out the boomarang, drawing it back as Navi circled around about five turtles. Taking aim, he threw it, hitting all five and taking them out.

Selene ran around when some of the drop turtles were smacked right out of their shells by the boomerang, causing the empty shells to rain down from the sky. In her attempts to avoid being hit in the head, she jumped over one of the tumbling things, only to land right on another. It started to zoom away with her on its back. "Heeeeey!"

Pietro watched selene shell-surfing. "Having fun?" he called.

Jay caught the boomarang with a grin, taking aim agian and taking out another three. "Navi! To the left!" And another two came down with a 'Hyaaah!!"

"Noooo.... actually, yes," Selene called back, trying to steer the speeding thing. She grinned when she shell ran over more of the little goomba-things from before. Her trip was short-lived, however, as the shell ran headlong into a brickwall and sent her tumbling on her tailed butt.

Pietro went to help her up, "You alright?" he held out a hand.

"Thank you," Selene took the offered hand with her chubby one. "My dignity absorbed most of the impact."

Pietro laughed, "Well, at least you rid us of some turtles?"

"Look over yonder! The castle, thine princess mario awaits!"

Jay tossed the boomarang from hand to hand, grinnng, beofre pushing himself up into the air on his invisible wings. "Hey, flying Link! Epic." He blinked - damn, was starting to talk like Darren. the guy was infectious. "I see it!"

Wade looked up at flying Link. "Cheater!"

"Then maybe we can leave this technicolor-nightmare behind us soon," Selene remarked and waddled after the others.

Pietro's Marth avatar looked a little shifty for a moment before decided to test if the hologram could keep up with him. He zipped from one spot to the other. Sadly it appeared it could.

As they marched on towards the castle, she noticed a row of the floating grey blocks that Adriana had used to obtain her magic mushroom. "Hm, I wonder..."

"Yeah well...can't exactly get rid of my wings, just make them invisible. To the castle!" Navi flew happy, manic cirles around him as he wheeled over the landscape, just enjoying the feeling of full healthiness. He hadn't felt this good since before Africa.

Selene tried to remember what Adriana had done to get the mushroom to pop out of the break. It had involved bumping ones head in some way, so much was for sure. "Can I borrow someone's thick skull for this," she asked around, having no intention to actually hurt herself while others were around.

A boomarang sang past her and hit a block.

"I got a special helmet! Pick me!"

"Excellent idea," Selene replied and hopped up on top of the row of bricks. "The shortbus special squad can deal with this."

Jay landed on the block he'd hit, tapping it with a booted foot. Navi tugged on his hat in the direction of the castle. "I think we're having hints dropped..." He poked the blue thing again, recieving an angry jingle.

"That fairy seems to like being in charge...." Pietro eyed it. It was a very nice blue though..

Wade walked up to one of the blocks, bending his knees and shaking his blue covered tush before jumping up and hitting one of the blocks.

"Argh, froth, my neck! Head's okay, just the neck that's...hang on, I'm okay, I forgot, I heal. Nevermind."

Selene blinked in surprise when a red flower emerged from the block that Wade had just headbutted. "Oh, now look at that," she said. "It worked." For some reason, that flower seemed strangely appetizing. "Oh no, it's not going to..." Naturally, her icky long tongue darted out by itself and pulled the flower into her mouth. "I hate this game..."

Jay grinned at Selene, reaching over and scratching behind her head. "Awww, I think you're cute." He laughed. "And I can't think of a better way to celebrate feeling better then an insane DR run. C'mon!" He jumped off the bricks, still tossing his boomerang

Selene made a face, which looked quite funny considering her reptilian features. "Well, damn... I think this is giving me a case of indigestion." Having said that, she burped up a small ball of fire that proceeded to bounce away from her. "...neat."

Pietro watched the ball of fire and took a cautious step away from Selene.

"Shall we, then?" He gestured towards the castle, "Before the bug girl goes postal on the snake man..."

"I'm not sure of what use this might be, but the prospect of setting things on fire is promising," Selene said and hopped down from the bricks. "Let's roast some snake on a stick and get Adriana back, so we can celebrate our victory with ice-cream and wine."

"And pizza..." Pietro added hopefully.

"Yes! More booze! I need to celebrate more!" Jay grinned behind them.

Selene knew she was going to regret this But anything that would help them to get this done faster was welcome. "Okay, to speed things up... anyone want to take a ride on me?"

Jay eyed her up warily. "...Darren'd kill me. I'll fly, but thanks for the offer."

"I'm good," Pietro smiled at her, "Got my legs - I can be there faster than either of you."

He hurried on up to the doors to wait for them there.

Jay pushed back into the air, easily going through it (flying was so much easier now that his chest wasn't tight - he'd forgotten how good it felt).

Selene breathed in inaudible sigh of relief and sped after the others as fast as her little green legs would carry her - which seemed surprisingly fast, considering her laughable appearance. Not much later, they made it to the blocky looking castle.

"Ladies first..." Pietro stepped aside after pushing the door open to let Selene go ahead of him. Anything bad in there, she'd be fine. He wouldn't.

Jay landed, Navi hiding in his hat again, twitching a pointed ear.

"Glad to see that chivalry even extends to combat zones," Selene remarked, trying to smirk with her unbearably cute face, and cautiously proceeded into the castle.

"No..." Pietro decided to be honest, "Just common sense..."

"Of course," Selene replied, giving a brief chuckle. "I would have done the same."

He followed her inside then froze as the world went black for a moment with a strange *glug glug glug* sound. Seconds later the blackness receeded with a little musical sound. "Well that was weird."

Jay sidled in after them, scratching a wingroot with the boomerang.

He caught sight of something and - stared at Pietro. "...That's just creepy." He laughed suddenly. "I'd hit on you, just to keep in character, but sorry, dude, I know who's really behind that."

Selene paused when Pietro's appearance started to flicker. "Is that supposed to happen?"

"Huh?" Pietro looked down at himself. Still blue but decidedly... different. "Er..." he looked at Jay, "Thank you?" He wasn't sure whether to feel insulted or grateful. He went with the latter.

"Sheik! You're Sheik! Link's love interest!"

Suddenly the doors slammed shut behind them and the entrance hall got illuminated brightly. "Ssssso, you made it here, I sssssee! Nevermind, you will never ssssee the king!" Snakeman appeared on the staircase that lead up to huge door.

"Hooray for me?" He looked around as the badguy showed up again.

"Oh, wonderful, it's Mr. Scales again," Selene commented.

Jay tossed the 'rang from hand to hand. "Want I should see if I can get him before he kills us by cliched dialogue?"

He started showering the room with mechanical snakes from his arm-gun. "Feel the ssting of the sssnake!"

Pietro decided now was a good time to inspect the contents of the small pouch he had on a belt around his waist. Hooked on beside the pouch was a long thin chain, inside the pouch were a number of darts and some seeds. "Er... Jay.. what does this guy do?"

Selene blinked when the mecha-snakes popped up, wondering what to do now. The best she could come up with was starting to hack, coughing up more bouncy balls of flames.

"...Oh really." Jay felt Navi tugging him out of the way of the snakes. He slipped the boomerang into its case, pulling out his bow and putting an arrow onto the string. "Sheik? Uh. Ninja. Think ninja. He can teleport too. Um...throwing knives, ultimate power of harp..."

Fuck, he couldn't use the bow. He slipped it away. Hah! Slingshot! He pulled it out and fished around for a nut, aiming and tokking one off the Snakeman's forehead.

"Harp?" Sure enough, at the mention of it, a Lyre appeared in his hands. "Okaaay..." He unhooked the chain from the belt. It unravelled to the point where it looked like a whip. He raised an eyebrow.

Snakeman dodged the flaming balls. "You cunning mammals, I will show you that you have to be cold-blooded to win a fight!" The bottom of the long staircase opened and a huge snake-head started to form, the stairs being its body.

"Great, my only chance to do anything useful in the form of this terrifying dino-thing is hoping that I'll make him fall over with laughter," Selene said, hopping around to dodge and stomp on mechanical snakes.

"Fucking snakes!" Jay pulled out a bomb, lighting the fuse and tossing it into the giant snake's mouth, before using the slingshot to fire more stuff at Snakeman. He was having a hell of a lot of fun, laughing.

"You have more chance than I do..." Pietro eyed the chain whip, blinking the hologram's red eyes at it. "This is really... disturbing..."

The snake's head exploded, and a second one regrew. All the while Snakeman kept shooting his snakes.

He decided to see what the seed things did. He pulled one out of the pouch, it had a fair weight to it. He threw it at the nearest snake. With a loud crack and a flash of light, it exploded. "Okay.... that was cool."

"Deku nuts!" Jay kept firing at Snakeman's head. "They're good."

Selene ran around and flailed her arms, hopping from snake to snake to crush them under her feet. "I have had it with these motherfucking snakes in this motherfucking castle," she yelled, hacking up another ball of flame.

Pietro fished out a few darts, using his speed to his advantage, he started pelting the snakes with them.

The big snake kept protecting him and continued to attack the youngsters.

Running low on darts, Pietro decided to go for broke and swung the chain whip at the giant snake. If nothing else, it was sharp.

The hit with the whip cut the snake's head clean off, making room for a third head to grow.

"We need to somehow get behind this thing," Selene suggested.

Jay did the same as before, lobbing a bomb into the third head's mouth, blowing it up, attacking the guy behind it.

Pietro blinked as the whip cut the head off, "Holy... what game is this guy from?"

The third head exploded, and finally the snake's body flopped down, turning back into stairs. "NOOOOOOO!"

Selene jumped up the snake's body as soon as the third head exploded, trying to scale the thing before another one could pup up. Her efforts looked rather clumsy.

She squeaked in surprise when the body collapsed underneath her, sending her tumbling down to land on her butt for the second time that day.

Pietro went to help her up again, tossing another nut at the snake guy to see what effect it would have.

The impact was enough to have her burp up another fireball, which bounced ahead to knock the now unprotected snake-guy straight in the forehead.

Jay grinned, pulling out an arrow, shaking it and the tip immediately catching fire. "Yeah, fuck you." Swearing sounded odd in Link's voice, he thought, taking aim at the guy and letting the arrow go.

"ACK!" He got blinded and the impact of the fireball broke his balance long enough for the arrow to strike him right between the eyes. He broke apart into small blocks of ones and zeroes and the door behind him opened.

"Well okay... Onward and upward....?" He eyed the door.

"Damn fucking straight. Onwards!" Navi jingled around him, and he swatted at her, bow across a shoulder.

Selene blinked in confusion at what had just happened. "Did we beat him," she wondered, rowing with her arms as she tried to get back to her feet. Selene hurried after the others when they ran towards the open door.

Toad was sitting on the throne and looked at the incoming group. "I am sorry, but the plumber is in another castle."

Jay's eye twitched. "Give me a reason not to toss a bomb into your lap."

Adriana wriggled around behind the throne, hearing the mushroom person spout lies about her. Damn him!

Pietro raised an eyebrow, though this was invisible to the others since his head was covered completely but for his yes. "How iritating."

"Great, another swamp-dweller," Selene called.

"I'm sorry, I'm really only the messenger." Toad shrugged with his shoulders, getting concerened about the movement behind his throne.

"Yeah well, I'm irritable." Jay pulled out a bomb and tossed it from hand to hand, raising an eyebrow.

Pietro watched the bomb go from one hand to the other then looked at the little mushroom man, "He'll do it - he's crazy."

"I suggest setting more things on fire," Selene said. "That should always do some good."

She pulled her legs towards her body and then tried to get up. Funnily enough, instead she managed to get a super jump together, that rocketed the tied up and gagged girl over the throne and into Link.Jay's arms.

This caused the bomb to be catapulted into King Toad's lap.

"Well, crap." The throne exploded.

Jay eep'd and caught Adriana-Mario, staring at her. "Um...hello, Princess Mario..."

"How unfortunate...." Pietro looked at Adriana, "You alright?"

Selene blinked at the sudden explosion. "Neat," she stated.

He quickly put her down and patted her on the head, blushing hard. At least with this hologram he wasn't topless...but he knew he was...ick. Uh.

She managed to get her bound hands up and removed the gag. "My hero!" She gave Jay a peck on the cheek.

That made him blush harder, glad no one could see the blue right now as his face was probably closer to purple. "...It was nothin'." He dropped Link's voice. "Really. Uh."

"Hey, we helped, too," Selene reminded Plumber-Adriana. "Even though not too much effect, I'm afraid."

*though

Pietro chuckled at Jay's reaction and patted Selene.

Selene felt rather undignified as her big green tail started wagging involuntarily in response to the petting.

"Aww.." Adriana hopped over to Selene and gave her a moustachioed peck too.

Then she made a few movements with her hands against a wall, and the control panel appeared again. A few commands later the whole hologram world dropped. "I guess I have to work a few kinks out, huh?"

Selene actually managed to show a wry smile. "That's a good start. Though I seem to remember we were promised pizza."

Jay looked down and sighed as his blue skin returned. Fuck, he was never gonna get used to that. "An' booze. Ah need booze, if Ah'm gonna be blue."

"Pizza and booze! It's on me!" Adriana rose a cheering fist.

Though...he was so going to ask Darren to make all of Link's weaponry for him. That would be awesome.

"Mmm pizza... wow you're really blue..." he poked Jay's shoulder.

"Ah did say..." Jay smiled a little ruefully.

Selene breathed a sigh of relief when the chubby green limbs and big tail vanished. And that giganormous nose, too. Much better indeed. "Excellent," Selene said, flashing a grin at Adriana. "Pizza and booze. Not necessarily in that order."

"Want me to get the pizza? It'll be faster than driving or having it delivered...." Pietro offered.

"Super fast pizza!"

"Ah don't care, jus' make sure it has absinthe with it."

"Get the booze first," Selene interjected, holding up a finger.

"No problem." Pietro smiled, "Wait in the recroom - I'll be back before you know it." He waved and hurried off.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen