Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

1/9 Game: Turn Your Head and Cough

Post by Slarti »

Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2012

DrMcCoy: Hank took another look at the rows and rows of test tubes. The mandatory testing seemed a little ... drastic? But, it was the only way to be sure. "Well, I wish we could offer you all a better welcome back, but desperate times..." He smiled weakly.

Anna: Anna smiled at McCoy, "Don't worry, I don't mind being poked with needles - better safe than sorry."

Darren: Darren shrugged and held up his arm, to be honest he was only down here out of mild curiosity as to whether they could get a sample off him, "Yeah, yeah, we know Doc, and I'd rather not end up in a hospital bed so don't sweat."

DrMcCoy: "It is promising that we're learning more and more about this virus daily -- and there is research ongoing throughout the world. It's most mysterious... a virus from nowhere, it seems." McCoy nodded to Anna. She had proved a valuable assistant in the lab.

Darren: "Yeah, well looks like I beat the rush at least," Darren grinned as he looked around the empty lab, no queing for the win!

Anna: Anna smiled at Darren, "Always good to not have to wait around for these things."

Jay: There was an explosive, wheezing sneeze from one of the rooms, followed by copious amounts of disjointed, hoarse swearing that ended up in a violent coughing fit. Of all the ways to wake up in the world... Jay balled up the tissue and lay back on the propped-up pillows, wheezing quietly to himself and trying to ignore the spots of blood. Uuuuugh.

DrMcCoy: Hank's response to Darren was interrupted by the explosion from Jay's room. "Ah, well. As I was saying, some progress has been made. We don't believe the virus is transmissible through casual contact. It doesn't seem to be airborne either."

Anna: "Uh..." Anna looked over to the source of the sound, "I'll be right back..." She hurried over to Jay's room, "Hey Jay, you want me to get you anything?"

Darren: "So, like bodily contact then?" He gave a worried glance in Jay's direction, he'd go and see him after he was done being poked and proded.

Jay: Jay looked up blearily as Anna came in, closing his hand around the tissue convulsively. "A drink." He said hoarsely, smiling.

DrMcCoy: "Correct. You shouldn't get it from a hug, or a handshake. I'd still be wary of fluid transmission. This goes for everyone - take care with that until we know more." Good luck with that, with this lot, he thought.

Anna: "No problem," Anna went to get some water for Jay, coming back with a cup and passing it over, "Anything else?" She asked him.

Darren: "So ... I'm cool 'cos I don't have any fluids to transmit?" Darren asked, trying not to smirk and failing.

DrMcCoy: "Well... though you do certainly seem to be unique even among mutants, there have been reports from Africa of mutants with non-standard, ah, construction contracting the virus through unknown means. It seems to target the x-gene, through a mechanism that so far has eluded identification."

Jay: "D' cure?" Jay joked, sipping the water. He could hear voices, now that he was awake. "Actually...migh' stretch my legs when Ah've had dis." He sniffed again. "Cheers, Anna." That's iff he could stand up without passing out...

Darren: The smugness went down by about 48%, "Well ... okay, though I'm not sure how you're gonna be able to take any samples for a test, if i'm honest," Darren shrugged, patting his pocket automatically for some cigarettes.

Anna: "You're welcome, Jay. Darren's down here..." She smiled at him, "I'm sure he'll pop in to say hi if you can't get up."

DrMcCoy: Hank whipped off his glasses for a polish. "We may be able to acquire... scrapings?" He raised an eyebrow at Darren.

Jay: "Darren...?" Jay smiled again. The guy had been visiting him regularly, keeping him up to date on what was happening even when he could barely understand what the guy was saying. "Ah'll be dere in a minute. Go on."

Anna: "Alright then." She wandered back out into the lab, smiling at McCoy.

Darren: "You could try ... though I think it would be easier for you to just do the test on my now if you could at all," he suggested.

DrMcCoy: Hank resettled his glasses and beamed at Anna. "Well, if you would care to do the honors on our dear Darren then?"

Darren: Darren shrugged and held out an arm to Anna, "Scrape away by all means, sweets."

Anna: "Er, sure? How are we taking a sample? Darren doesn't have blood, right?" She blinked at Darren, "Scrape?" She went to put some gloves on and find a scalpel. "You're the boss..."

Darren: "I could always carve a lump out for you," Darren grinned helpfully.

Jay: Jay managed half the water, putting the cup on the table and sneezing again. "Fuckwits." He pushed himself up, waited for the spots to go, swung his legs over, waited until he stopped coughing and then managed to get out of bed without falling over. He tried not to look at his almost bald wings or the sorry pile of feathers around his bed, tucking them tightly against him. Well, his head wasn't swimming too badly...

Anna: Anna laughed, "Yeah maybe...." She walked back to him with the scalpel and a small vial to collect any scrapings in.

Anna: "This isn't going to hurt you at all is it?" She asked Darren, raising the scalpel.

DrMcCoy: Hank leaned in closer to observe this. Darren's phsyiology was endlessly interesting.

Darren: "Only if you've charged it with eletricity, hope you've got something handy to catch the dust in though," Darren yawned for emphasis.

Anna: Anna carefully scraped the scalpel on Darren's 'skin' being careful to keep the vial close to catch the bits.

DrMcCoy: "In the past, we've had great success with using the unique properties of the very mutations of some of our students to create effective therapies, of sorts. The power inhibitor patch, after all, was derived from Andreas' blood." Hank watched her scrape. "Fascinating..."

Darren: Darren watched impassivlly as the surface of his body was scraped, the bits comming of turning briefly black before fading to a silvery dust, "Is that seventies or what?" he joked.

Jay: Jay paused at his door to cough some more, leaning against it for a moment before heading into the main bit. Apart from Darren and the occasional trips to chill (haha, he was gonna kill himself one day) with Bobby and leave him some feathers, he hadn't had much human contact. McCoy didn't count. And the voices were inviting. So he made his way further into the lab.

Anna: Anna lifted the vial too look into the bottom after a little while, "Think that's enough, Doc?" She showed it to McCoy.

Darren: His smile turned a little bitter at what McCoy said however, "Yeah, well, we've all seen what happens when my mutation gets into other people."

DrMcCoy: Hank narrowed his eyes, unable to resist the possibilities. "Hmmm. A bit more.... of course, if you don't mind, Darren?"

Darren: "Take as much as you want, there's plenty of me to go around."

Anna: "Okay...." Anna went back to scraping.

Jay: "How come Ah don' get none den, mon ami?" Jay chuckled hoarsely as he overheard Darren.

Darren: "'Cos you have a penis, how you holding up man?" Darren turned his head to smile at Jay.

DrMcCoy: "Excellent..." Hank was distracted from his thoughts by Jay's voice. "Ah, Jay! Up and about! How are you feeling, my boy?"

Jay: "Well fuck, knew dere was a drawback t' it." Jay smiled, gratefully pulling over a chair and reversing it to sit down. "Feel like shit, frankly." He sniffled, pushing down a cough. "Coughin's getting worse."

Anna: Anna chewed her lip, deciding she'd scraped off enough of Darren by now and going to put a stopper in the vial and label it. She wasn't going to offer to heal anyone else with that virus after what happened to Monet. She'd never forgive herself.

DrMcCoy: "Hmm. Well, with your physical mutation I had held off offering you the option of the patch, but if you'd like to try it... see if it slows the progression of the infection?" Not that it had worked on Sam or Monet, but still... no stone unturned.

Darren: "You look it man," Darren nodded sagely, "so I guess we're not gonna be hitting the town for your birthday then? Suck's ass man."

Jay: Jay nodded. "Ah'll take anything, doc." He couldn't stop the coughing that time, and of course that meant he couldn't hide the few, tiny spots of blood either. Eh. "Nah. Not dis year. Mebbe we can hit it up when Ah get outta here?" Because he so was. He was not going into a coma like Monet or Sam.

Anna: "I'll leave this on your desk," Anna told McCoy, holding up the vial of essence of Darren. She pulled off her gloves.

Darren: "Sure we can, though if you wanna hit the gay strip joints you're on your own."

Jay: Jay gave him a half-smile. "Nah, Ah'll hack y'all and put a drunk virus in dere or somethin'. Get ya up on stage." And...sneeze. He waited until the spots had gone before raising his head.

DrMcCoy: "Thank you, Anna, dear." Hank opened another cabinet and rummaged for his supply of patches, offering one to Jay. "There's no real technique to placing it - wherever you are most comfortable." Wait, he should qualify that, considering the discussion. "Remember there are ladies present."

Anna: Anna grinned at McCoy in thanks. And scuttled into his office to leave the vial there on his desk.

Jay: Jay took the patch, eying it up suspiciously before grinning weakly at the doc and sticking it to his arm. "Y'all got a nicotine patch too? Ah'm dyin' for a smoke."

Anna: Anna poked her head out of McCoy's office, "I have some of those..."

Darren: Darren shuddered a little, "Dude, could we not talk about hacking? I still have to go and fix the DR ... and I don't see any ladies here, unless you count the cockatiel."

Hector: Hec made his way into the medlab and looked around, still not sure what he was doing here, manditory or not. "Hola.... Dr. McCoy."

DrMcCoy: "I'm afraid I can't help you there." He clucked his tongue at Darren. "What is Anna? And of course, Rogue. The unconscious Miss Monet also counts." He nodded, then turned to Hector. "Ah, welcome!"

Anna: Anna went over to where she'd dropped her bag and pulled out her box of nicotine patches. "Here you go Jay." She sent it over to him with her teke, she figured expecting him to catch it would be asking too much.

Darren: "Anna's not in the room, niether are the other two ... or at least she wasn't," he gave an exagerated pout, "I was just about to break out all the dick jokes too, shucks."

Jay: "Twe-" Okay, he really shouldn't have done that in Tweety's voice. Whatever Jay was going to say ended in a violent coughing fit that nearly had him retching, a hand on his throat as shards of pain went through it and the other over his mouth.

Anna: "Careful there, Jay, you're not well - don't strain your voice." Anna frowned, letting the box hover near him, patiently.

Darren: "Fuck!" Darren grabbed hold of Jay's shoulder to hold him up, "Shit man, maybe you should get back to bed, you okay?"

Hector: Hec covered his mouth with his hand at Jay's fit. "He alright?" He asked, a little concerned. (Mostly for himself). "So this test thing will be quick yeah?"

Jay: Jay panted, the wheezing from his chest obvious as he managed a nod, not wanting to take his hand away from his mouth as he reeled and ended up leaning against Darren, vision swimming. He didn't want to go back to bed. "Tissues." He managed, finally, even that feeling like it was shredding his throat.

Anna: Anna nodded at Hector, "Yeah just a quick poke with a needle and some blood drawn, nothing drastic." She pulled her box back to her and picked up a box of tissues with her teke instead, sending that to Jay.

Darren: Darren grabbed the tissues out of the air and pulled out a handful, offering them to his roomie.

Darren: Once Jay had taken them he looked around for a bin that Jay could just toss them into, and spotting it in the courner of the room stretched out his arm and yanked it over.

Jay: Jay took the tissues, pulling his hand away to see it covered in bloody phlegm. Ugh. He wiped it clean, dumping the tissues in the bin Darren provided and then cleaning his mouth. He was so not going to try that again. Or move. Darren was kinda comfy.

Darren: "You okay? You're not gonna yak anymore?" Darren asked, worridly.

Anna: Anna put her box of nicotine patches on a nearby table and went to get some gloves so she could take a sample from Hector for McCoy.

DrMcCoy: Hank set a bottle of hand sanitizer on the table beside Jay. "Hopefully, with a large sampling of subjects, we can also start testing some promising compounds that recently came into my possession." His eyes slide to Hector, a slight smile on his face.

Hector: Hec watched as they took care of Jay, and made sure to keep his distance. He found a spot on the wall to hold up as they took care of the sicklies. He was in no rush to get stuck with a needle.

Hector: Hec nodded to McCoy with a tight forced smile.

Anna: Anna picked up some vials and a needle and headed for Hector, she stood looking up at him smiling benignly.

Rogue: Rogue slipped out of Sam's room to look at everyone, thankful she didn't have to peel off those God forsaken gloves this time and a frown on her face as she looked at Jay. Why was he out of his bed? He had to be feeling like compete shit. "Hey, y'all."

Anna: "Hey Rogue," Anna waved with her free hand then looked at Hector again, "So, wanna come take a seat and we can get this out of the way?"

Hector: Hec rolled up his sleeve as he walked over to take a seat. "Yeah... lets get'er done..." He agreed.

Jay: Jay used the sanitizer, forcing himself off of Darren. "Yeah...yeah...fine..." That had been a lot of blood... "Hey, Rogue." He put his forehead on the back of the chair, waiting for the room to stop spinning as he closed his eyes.

Rogue: "More tests, huh?" Rogue moved over to sit on an empty stool, rolling it towards Jay and Darren. "How ya feelin', sugah?" She reached up to rub the back of Jay's neck softly.

Kitty: The Medlab door swung open a bit as Kitty came through the doors. She'd just had enough time to put her bags in her room before she scooted down to be tested. "Hey guys! Happy Hannukah and New Years!" she said as cheerfully as she could under the circumstances - knowing how sick Jay and Sam and the others were...

Anna: Anna put a strap around Hector's arm and swabbed the area clean for the needle. She selected a vein and stuck the needle in, popping a vial on the end and waiting for it to fill, swapping it out for two more as they filled.

Darren: Aha, he could leave all the comforting stuff to Rogue now, women were better at that sort of thing. He gave Jay a pat on the shoulder though as he stood, and smiled when he saw Kitty, "Hey Kitcat, happy new year."

Anna: "Hey Kitty!" Anna lifted her gaze briefly to smile at the girl.

Jay: Jay just let out a grunt in answer, the hand nice on his overheated skin and tense muscles. At least his long unbound hair wasn't too greasy.

Kitty: "Thanks, looks like the gang's all here," she smiled, coming over to put a hand on Jay's shoulder and nodding to Darren. "I just got in, what do I need to do?" She bit her lip at seeing Hector getting stuck.

Rogue: Rogue looked up from Jay and gave Kitty a weak smile, "Hey, Kit." She kept up the massaging as she watched Hector's blood fill the vials. She'd already had that done over break.

Anna: When the last vial was full, Anna pulled the needle out and put a cotton swab on, removing the strap from Hector's arm. "And you're all done." She smiled at him, "Wasn't so bad now was it?" she grinned and went to write out the labels for the samples.

Kitty: "Hey Rogue... how's Sam?" She almost hated asking, mostly because she pretty much knew the answer.

Darren: "Don't worry Kitty, it's just a blood test for you squishy types," Darren smiled.

Rogue: Rogue gave a one shouldered shrug, "Not dead." And that was the best answer she could give... He wasn't alive really.

Jay: Jay really didn't want to hear the answer, because it was way too easy, when he was lying in bed and listening to the beeps in the next room, to see himself like that.

Hector: He gave a little smile, making sure not to watch the blood. "Oh no... Was just fine..." He rubbed his arm and then rolled his shoulder down. "Do I have to stay around? Or you guys just let me know later or?...."

Kitty: She gave Darren a playful punch, "I am not squishy," she grinned. "How you feeling Jay?" She figured it would be her turn to get stuck next as soon as they were done with Hec.

Anna: "It'll take a few days to get the results back," Anna told Hector as she finished up her labels, "So you're free to go. You'll be sent your results or called down for them whichever you'd prefer."

Darren: He poked her ribs in retaliation, "Everyone's squishy compared to me."

Jay: "Like shit." Jay raised his head briefly and smiled at Kitty, narrowing his eyes slightly. "But Ah miss people. Cain't go outta medlab, so..." He coughed again and put his head down.

Kitty: Kitty meeped and grinned. It was good to be back. "I'm sorry, Jay." She patted his shoulder, then thumbed over at Darren. "With the likes of him, I'd think you'd want a little peace and quiet!" She skitted over towards Anna before Darren could retilate.

Hector: Hec nodded to Anna. "Ok... We'll I'll see you all later then. Let me know, k?" He looked around again gave a brief wave to everyone. Clean bill of health would be good for business. He smiled a little.

Anna: "No problem," Anna waved Hec out, moving to take those samples in to McCoy's office as well.

Kitty: She sat down in the chair as Hector vacated it. "Hey Hec - have a good Christmas?"

Darren: "Whadda ya mean? Likes of me? This man has you all fooled!" He declared self-mockingly, pointing at Jay.

Jay: "Ah dunno, could put up with his noise all damn day." Jay gave her a dirty grin that was almost real. "Mind y', he'd probably enoy bein' gagged too."

Darren: "Slander," Darren snorted.

Jay: "So ya wouldn't mind it den, Daz?" Jay said hoarsely, looking at his friend.

Rogue: Rogue kicked at the wheels of the stool, a brief smile tugging at her lips from the banter going on. She looked down at her feet then over to the door to Sam's room, watching him through the open door.

Hector: "Oh yeah. Was actually a really good one." He gave Kitty a smile. "How was your... ah.. Hannakuh?" He asked as he got ready to make his escape.

Darren: "Do you not know what slander means, you red-headed retard?"

Jay: "Nope, but it sounds dirty."

Darren: Darren cuffed Jay around the ear, "You keep that up I'm gonna get McCoy to send you to bed with no supper."

Anna: "Play nice, children!" Anna called from the office, she set the vials in a stand with Darren's sample before she headed back out into the lab, "Who's next?"

Kitty: "That's TMI guys!" She laughed Darren and Jay, trying not to squirm as she waited for Anna. "I... well, it was... eventful," she grinned at Hector. "Glad to be back though. This place is WAY more normal than home at the moment.

Jay: Jay batted at Darren's hand half-heartedly. "What are y', my wife or my mother?" He smiled, before dissolving into coughs and grabbing some tissues so that he could hide the blood.

Darren: "Sometimes I wish I was one or the other, it'd be easier to take out insurance on you before I ended up smacking you with a shovel."

Rogue: Rogue looked over as Jay started coughing. Well, that was one good thing to come of Sam's coma... No coughing up blood.

Hector: "Ha... yeah. Normal. Good one." He smiled again and gave her a small wave. "Well... I've got places to go, things to see, and people and such. Later all." He waved to everyone and made his way toward the door.

Anna: Anna laughed at Darren as she pulled on a fresh pair of gloves, "You ready Kitty?"

Kitty: "See you around," Kittey waved at Hector, then turned to Anna. "If I say 'no', do I still hafta do it?" She was kinda joking...

Anna: "Well considering these tests could potentially save your life, yes." She replied, "Sorry..." She gave her a sympathetic look.

Darren: "Try not to phase when she puts the needle in, kitten, it'll just draw it out even longer," Darren tried to encourage her, he'd taken a liking to the girl recently.

Jay: "At least Ah don't hafta be poked. Kinda obvious Ah have it." Jay smiled weakly.

Anna: "That's it Jay, look on the bright side." Anna gave him a smile and gestured Kitty over to a chair.

Darren: Darren smiled wryly and patted Jay's shoulder again.

Kitty: Kitty saw the needle and did actual phase into the chair a little as she tries unconciously to back away from it. Then she made herself take a breath. "Yeah, it could be alot worse..." she gave Jay a meaningful look. It could easily have been her who'd gotten infected over there.

Rogue: "Ah was tested over break. Ah'm down here all damn day and night anyhow." Rogue wheeled over to her 'desk' and started stacking some papers for filing.

J: J walked into the med lab, smiling to everyone. "Hello! How is everyone today." He was dressed way too nicely for a trip to the med lab warrented, but it was his ussual.

Darren: Darren sighed a little at Kitty, gave Jay a final pat and shuffled over to her, "Don't look?" he offered, trying to think of something to say to keep her mind off it.

Jay: There was a bright side? Jay slouched over the back of the chair. He had a fatal disease that had robbed him of his wings and voice and made him feel like shit. On the bright side, he wasn't one of the healthy ones being tested...he knew he'd prefer the needle. "Ah cain' even fly any more." He muttered half to himself, head pillowed on his arms.

Kitty: "No, I can do this... I'm not a baby..." She made herself solidify and nodded to Anna as she grabbed hold of Darren's hand. "Heck of a 'welcome back' party..." she joked.

Anna: Anna smiled at Kitty, "I'll be as gentle as I can." She told her, she set about swabbing and putting the strap on her arm so she could select a vein before sliding the needle in.

Darren: He smiled and squeezed her hand, "Yeah, sucks huh? Though maybe we could have a party later on, play pin the feather on the Jay?"

Jay: That got Darren the middle finger.

J: "Aww..." He put on a pair of gloves as he made his way over to Jay. "Well, hopefully we can get that taken care of eventually." He smiled comfortingly as he put his hand on his shoulder.

Darren: Darren pulled a face at Jay in return.

Kitty: Kitty laughed at Darren and Jay, forgetting Anna and her needle while she stuck her.

Darren: "You know what, I've just realised something. Where are our damn lolipops?"

Jay: Jay didn't even want to think of his chicken-wings right now. They were fine when they were feathered, but like this they were just an ugly set of limbs...he'd never realised how much he missed flying.

Darren: "We're all getting stuck with needles ... appart from me, there should be lolipops, that's like the law or something."

Anna: Anna took three vials of blood from Kitty as well before she removed the needle. "We don't have lolipops. Only Twinkies. And coffee...." She removed the strap from Kitty's arm and held a swap there. "I can get some if you want?"

J: "I do not beleive Dr. McCoy has any... He does however have Twinkies..." He suggested. "Would you like me to get you one? It will help with your blood sugar levels."

Darren: "This is a disgrace, what time is it ... I could totally fly out to a shop and get lolipops, people want lolipops?"

Kitty: "Hey! Why didn't anyone tell me about any lolipops?" Kitty mock pouted, "Whe di - you're done??" She hadn't even noticed thanks to Darren and Jay's distractions.

Jay: "Rather have a beer, man."

Jay: "...And a smoke."

Darren: "I'll buy you a bottle, put a stick in it and freeze it, that work?"

J: "Oh... I don't think that would be good for you at the moment..." He gave a sad smile to Jay as he went for the twinkies.

Jay: "Do me nicely, Daz. An' Ah don't give a fuck what is an' isn't good for me, it's my birthday soon."

Rogue: "Ah want one... McCoy didn't even gimme a twinkie when he took mah blood. 'Course Ah snatch from him anyway."

Anna: Anna labelled up the vials and took them to McCoy's office, "J, while you're here will you do me and I'll do you - save McCoy some hassal?"

Kitty: Kitty curled her arm up squeezed Darren's hand before letting it go. "Well, if I can't have a lollipop - I'll take a twinkie J," she called after him.

Darren: "Pffft, don't listen to him, I'm a super computer, I know what I'm talking about, beer-pops for all I say!"

Rogue: Rogue set about to filing the papers she had worked on stacking. Was a month until Sam's birthday. Would he even make it that long?

Jay: In fact...Jay did some calculating. "Well shit, it's my birthday in three days." He sighed. "Fuckin' fantastic."

J: J blushed for a breif moment, "Yes, that sounds good." He grabbed a handful of the sugary tastety cakes. He walked back out and passed them out to everyone that wanted one and kept one for himself for after he got his bloodwork done.

Darren: Darren sidled up to Jay, "I'll sneak a crate down here and we can get hammered then," he whispered.

Jay: What was left of his wings sagged as he put his head back on his arms and smiled. "Cheers, man. Ah'd like dat."

Rogue: Rogue glanced over at Darren with an arched eyebrow but didn't say anything. She'd just make sure to pop over and snatch one for herself.

Kitty: Kitty made a face at the mention of 'beer-pops'. "I don't even like root beer flavored dum-dums," she laughed standing up. She took her twinkie with a broad smile. "Well, we'll have to bring you a party to you, Jay. What kinda cake do you like? Rum cake?"

Anna: "You wanna go first or shall I?" Anna asked J, holding out the box of gloves to him.

Darren: "Just promise me, no drunken singing," Darren grinned.

Jay: "No need t' promise, mon ami." He smiled, then looked at Kitty. "Whatever y'all want. Ah ain't got any want to eat."

Darren: "But you need to have cake, cake is awesome."

Jay: Jay shrugged in reply, before starting to cough again.

Kitty: "What if we lit cigarettes on top of the cake instead of candles?" Kitty wondered to herself as she popped the last bit of twinkie into her mouth. She hopped up on the counter next to J and Anna.

Rogue: "Then tha cake'd taste awful."

J: "I'll do you first." He smiled and took a new set of gloves. "Go ahead and have a seat." He reached for the needle and vials getting everything read. "That wouldn't be very good... not to mention the tabacco would seep into the cake through the filter..." He reasoned.

Darren: "Well he can't taste it so i don't think Jay'll care," he passed his friend some more tissues with a worried frown.

Kitty: Kitty laughed, "Yeah - you're probably right." She nodded at Rogue and J, while she tried to pretend she didn't notice Jay coughing up blood.

Anna: Anna smiled, "Nicotine patches are still available if you want them, Jay." Anna told the winged mutant, "They're over there." She pointed to where she'd left them, swabbing her own arm for J and putting the strap around it.

J: J took the needle and tapped her arm, finding the vien easily. He slipped it in and quickly put the vial on it. "There we go..." He smiled as it filled up quickly.

Anna: "Take three, McCoy wants to do some other tests so samples are good." She smiled at J.

J: "Ok." He reached for the next vial and switched it out when the first was full. "Have we gotten everyone's samples?" He asked idly as he waited for the vials to fill.

Anna: "Yeah think so... Rogue, when were you last tested?" Anna looked over to her.

J: J finished up and set the vials to the side. He took a marker from his pocket and wrote an A on each of them in the corner so he could label them when they were done. "Guess it is my turn." He said with a smile and placed a small cotton swab over the vien. He pulled his jacket off, pulled off his cuff link on one sleeve, and rolled it up for her.

Jay: Jay took the offered tissues, the blood more pronounced. That couldn't be good. But this was...nice, he didn't want to go back to bed. He'd missed this. He was so not suited to being ill.

Anna: Anna smiled back at J and got to work taking his samples. "We should so get paid for this...." she muttered.

Rogue: "Just after tha New Year. F' tha second time."

Rogue: Rogue set to work filing another stack of papers, not saying a word about her getting paid for this.

J: "Think of it as an internship." He grinned and flexed his arm to get the blood flowing quicker.

Kitty: "Getting stuck once will do me fine, thanks." Kitty chuckled at Rogue, swinging her legs over the counter.

Rogue: "Yeah well... Got tested when they found out what Sam had... Then another time ta make sure when he got so much worse. Needles don't bug me. Guess that's part o' bein' invulnerable f' so long... Pricks ain't nothin' compared ta burnin' tha skin offa ya palm."

Anna: "Okay then, that's fine." Anna smiled at Rogue, sliding the third and final vial off the needle and holding a swab over on J's arm. "And you're done too." She gave him a smile also.

Rogue: "McCoy's been real careful with makin' sure Ah don't got it. Think Ah'm alright."

J: "Thank you." He smiled and held the swab for a moment before he went to go get a bandaid. He put it on and picked up Anna's vials and carried them into the office to label them and put them with the others. Once he was finished with that bit he picked up the clip board checking to make sure everyone had been tested. He pulled out his Twinkie and took a bite as he read over it.

Jay: "An' Ah bug her too. So no worries dere." Jay smiled, dumping his tissues.

Anna: "Never hurts to double check." Anna labelled up J's vials and took those to McCoy's office, "Better safe than sorry..."

J: "Indeed." J agreed, finding a few people they would need to track down.

Kitty: "So... are they any closer to coming up with a cure?" Kitty slipped off the counter.

Jay: Jay just shrugged. "Ah hope so..." He murmured quietly.

Anna: "There are a few things floating about that look promising." Anna told Kitty, opening her own twinkie, "But it's mostly guesswork right now since no one's sure how it's being passed on or where it started in the first place... it's all a bit odd really...." She frowned and took a bite.

Rogue: Rogue grinned over her shouolder at Jay, "That ya do. As would Sam if he were able..." She sighed as she heard Kitty and went back to her filing.

Kitty: "Me too," Kitty nodded, biting her lip not able to look Jay or Rogue in the eye. She went to read over J's shoulder.

Jay: Jay sighed. He had the feeling he was definitely dragging the mood down here - but then, he had a right to be depressed. There hadn't been anything he'd heard about anyone surviving this, and with two students in comas from it...one in the last stages, obviously he wasn't exactly happy. In fact, if he was honest, he was terrified, but he'd be damned if he was letting it show.

J: "I am not certain you are allowed to look at this." J said with a grin. "Can you hand me one of those postit notes, please?" He asked her pulling a pen out of his shirt pocket.

Kitty: Kitty gave J a smirk. "Spoiled sport," she stuck out her tongue and tossed him the cube of yellow posit notes.

J: He grinned and wrote a few names on the pad. He put the clipboard down and turned in his chair to Kitty. "So. How was your break?" He smiled again, he'd not heard from anyone while at his mother and father's houses.

Kitty: "You haven't been keeping up with my Myspace have you?" She gave Darren and Rogue a smile. "It... it could have been worse... I guess. How about you?"

Rogue: Rogue smirked and finally looked up again, "Right. Y'all owe me a story, gal."

J: "Oh no, I have not been able to get on a computer for a while." He smiled and followed her look to Darren and Rogue. "Mine was really great! Got to see a lot of my family and friends back home. It's nice to be back at school though..."

Kitty: "I'm a free and single now," she shrugged. "And my ex is still getting estimates on how much it will cost to have someone dig his truck up out of his front yard." She stuck her hands in her back pockets and tried to look innocent.

Anna: Anna blinked at Kitty then laughed, "Wow, remind me not to piss you off!"

Kitty: She giggled at Anna. It was either laugh or cry. "Well, I don't think I'm going to catch you cheating on me with some rival school floozie - so I don't think you got anything to worry about."

J: J looked shocked, his eyes large, and he tried to hide his look by picking the clipboard back up. "That is quite a story..." He said finally.

Anna: "Awww I'm sorry that happened, though," Anna patted her gentley, "But clearly he's not worth your attention. You can do better." She smiled at her.

Jay: Jay snored gently from his corner.

Kitty: "Thanks Anna. I think I'm still just a little in shock over it..." She smiled at the other girl. "But, I'll get over it. Easier than David will get his truck back," she was a little bit of bitterness there. "Anyway, we got real problems here." She looked over at Jay who'd finally just passed out.

Anna: Anna looked over at Jay, "Oh dear... better get him back in to bed..." She went over to pick him up, ever grateful for her teke.

J: J nodded behind the clipboard. "Well, if ya need anything, just let me know..." He said softly to her and then got up to help Anna with Jay.

Kitty: "Thanks... I will," she promised. "I'll get out here and let you guys work. I need to unpack anyways." She checked her stick site and gave them a little wave. "See you guys later."

Anna: "I'm alright," Anna told J, easily lifting Jay with the help of her teke. "If I can carry a frozen Bobby I can manage Jay." She smiled, carrying Jay back in to his room.

J: "Ok." He went to clean up the lab a little while Anna took care of Jay. He put a some of the supplies in a small bag to use later for his list of people they hadn't gotten yet. "Alright, well I believe I shall head out as well. I have people to see." He held up the bag and put his jacket over his shoulder.

Anna: Anna tucked Jay back into bed and went back into the main lab, closing the door behind her, "Okay, have fun." Anna smiled at J, she looked around for something to do.

[Edited on 10-1-2010 by Slarti]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

1/9 Game: Turn Your Head and Cough

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

A little concerned that Julie is going to be walking into the middle of an epidemic, but hey, that's what makes it fun!

Now did you guys plan this to go along with Swine Flu, or is that total coincidence? :P
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS