Read our full Game transcripts here!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

5/30 Game: To Busoms and Mead!

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Timelined Friday, 22 April 2011

Jason: Jason sat behind the steering wheel and wondered just why he had decided to come along on this outing of all things. Ren Faire? Was there anything quite as nerdy as that on this side of a Klingon wedding? He was fairly sure there wasn't.

Ronnie: Ronnie had her chin in her hands, looking out of the window and wondering how long it would take for her to loose the Cadfael-rejects, she'd only come along 'cos someone had said there would be live semi-orchestral music, and even if there wasn't a cello in sight a lute would due.

Mayhem: Mayhem was crouched on his seat, fingering the still-stitched slashes absently, tail curled around his feet before he readjusted the damned sword again. While he appreciated his dad buying him one through the wonders of mail order, the size was a little cumbersome. Ah well. It would be fun. "There going to be fairies?"

Jason: "Well, as fairies are fictional and only a collection of people wishing to produce the renaissance as unrealistically as possible would include them I'm going to assume that yes, there will be fairies."

Ronnie: "It's an excuse for men to wear tights, it's going to be jam-packed with 'faries'," Ronnie muttered.

Selene: Selene had her face buried in a book while they drove. "I hope there will be." She stated without looking up. "I'm mainly coming along for the chance of ridicule."

Mayhem: "I'm just here for the dress-up. But the more men in tights, the better, really."

Ronnie: Ronnie arched an eyebrow at Mayflower but said nothing.

Selene: "Dress up is amusing, too." Selene agreed. Even though her current style of dress wasn't that different than her usual one. She had aimed to reproduce some kind of gypsy look. The medieval romantic kind, not the modern sleazy kind.

Remy: He chuckled at Ronnie's words and eased back. "Wenches too. If dere's both it's like a bit of heaven."

Selene: "Wenches and mead?" Selene asked, glancing up from her book.

Remy: "Well, wenches, mead an' men in tight tights. Oui."

Jason: "We're going to find you with two steins of mead in your hands and your face in someone's rack, aren't we?" Jason pocketed the keys and got out. Well, it didn't sound too bad.

Ronnie: "Lureing the women into a false sense of security with a surposed vow of chasity, Cadfael?" Ronnie's smirk turning into more of a smile for a moment.

Mayhem: "Oh man, mead. I haven't been able to address a decent flagon of mead since Yule." Mayhem licked his lips as the van stopped.

Remy: He grinned right back at her. "Actually it's cause d' tights don' hide anythin' an' dey chafe. Dis is jus' like a big nightrobe." He held out the sides of his monk habit. "An' dis way I can be stark naked underneath."

Selene: Selene hopped out of the van, as well. "Prove it or it's not true." She told Remy, giving him a challenging look.

Remy: "Well c'mon in cherie. Dis is big enough t' fit two."

Ronnie: "Fan of refreshing breezes then? Let's hope it dosen't turn into a gale and you get thrown into the stocks or whatever then."

Mayhem: Mayhem looked back at Remy and then blushed. Great. Now he wasn't going to be able to stop imagining Remy naked under that. He busied himself with getting out of the van.

Jason: "Yes, prove it and let's see if we can't get thrown out for public exposure."

Ronnie: She climbed out of the van and decided rather then wander about aimless walked up to someone who was directing traffic, "Excuse me, where's the live music tent?" She thanked the guy for pointing her in the right direction and strode off through the crowd of knights and princesses, "Woefully inaccurate for the time period, Hollywood has alot to answer for," she muttered to herself.

Remy: "Dere is somethin' t' be said however for people havin' baths an' brushin' dere teeth. Y' gotta admit dat, even if it's not accurate."

Andreas: "Can we stop the talking and get out of here finally?" Andreas' voice sounded metallic from out of the helmet of the armor that had been flown in especially for this. He started to feel a bit hot and started to regret this.

Jason: "Do you need help out or something?" Jason turned, crossing his arms to witness Andreas pulling himself out of their 'trusty steed'

Ronnie: "I am astounded by your subtlety, shouldn't you be finding a decent peasent rack to oggle, Brother Pervy?" Ronnie called over her shoulder.

Selene: "Why are people so obsessed with the middle ages?" Selene wondered, gazing across the crowd of people, many of which were dressed up. "One would think that dieing of appendicitis has a great appeal to people."

Mayhem: Mayhem straightened, fussing with his leather doublet and sword. He supposed he could have gone for the fancier dress of the richer side of the Renaissance but he didn't fancy lace. Or velvet. And besides, he was too common to feel right dressed up like a pansy. Yeoman would do him. "Romanticism, my dear Selene." He grinned.

Andreas: "No, I just think it would be wise to have no one in the way when I get out, no crushed toes and such, you see?" To underline his words he moved his arm a bit, giving off a heavy clanking sound.

Mayhem: Mayhem looked back at Andy, shaking his head. "Little hot in there, Canny?"

Remy: "Welll, y' could oblige." He gave Ronnie a look over. "Y' dressed in pants. Dat ain't typical of d' period either, neh?"

Andreas: "...did you really just call me cunny?"

Selene: "I should have dressed more inappropriately." Selene commented, fixing the top her lacy corset. "Simply to annoy the accuracy fanatics."

Mayhem: "Canny. Take the helmet off, Duncealot."

Jason: "My guess? The weapons are overcompensating for other lacks. Just look at the jousters and tell me if they didn't have more expendable income they wouldn't be driving around in some overly phallic hotrod after minors."

Remy: He snorted with laughter at Jason. "Mmmm. Maybe dat's why dey call it 'provin' dere manhood?"

Ronnie: Ronnie looked down at the front of her shirt, "You'd be better off looking at two peas on an ironing board, and no where does it say that you have to be in costume," she glanced around ... she was starting to get a little worried acctually ... but there were enough people here in street clothes.

Jason: "Mmhmm," Jason snorted quietly. "The Sword in the Stone wasn't really a sword, what can I say?"

Mayhem: Mayhem rolled a shoulder, the chainmail vest an uncomfortable weight. He hadn't worn one since his dad had last done training with him, and that was a year ago. "Hope there'll be someone who at least knows how to use a sword." He grinned maliciously.

Andreas: "The helmet stays on. I didn't get my father's lazy ass up and organizing this being sent over to walk around like a normal person."

Selene: "Must have been a traumatizing event for them when their lances break." Selene remarked. "Or they cross the swords."

Jason: "But walking around like a normal person would have been something new for you."

Remy: "Hey - it's still enough t' still get y're lips on. Really, it's more on how d' woman is."

Mayhem: "Just...don't eat anything too spicy or drink anything any time soon, Tindude."

Andreas: "Don't make me bitchslap you, scrubby peon." He shook his fist at Jason.

Jason: "If you tried you'd probably fall over."

Mayhem: "Hey, at least we get to watch the entertainment of him trying to stand up." Mayhem grinned at Jason, tail ticking.

Remy: He eyed Andy up. "Seriously. An' don' look at d' wenches too much. Dat'd jus' be plain uncomfortable for y'."

Ronnie: Ronnie frowned a little at Remy, "Pardon?"

Selene: "Ooh, may we tip him over?" Selene asked, her expression lighting up hopefully.

Mayhem: Mayhem made a 'dink' sound and trailed off into hysterical giggles.

Andreas: "You people have no sense for style." Caution be damned now, he wanted to get out. So he just got up and, the van shaking suspiciously, descended.

Remy: He slid a little closer to Ronnie. "It's more in if a woman feels attractive, petite. If she's open an' welcomin' without bein'..." He searched for a kinder word and couldn't find one. "too skanky."

Selene: Selene paced after the others, curiously eying the costumed people. Yes, this would be highly amusing. "I think our knight needs a ride." She said, nodding in Andy's direction. "Perhaps we can find him a mule."

Jason: "If the event proves a bust I am very much for tipping him over. It'd be like a turtle."

Andreas: "If you want to be my knave you should say so, Selene. You can clean the armor after I'm done battling, if you want."

Ronnie: Ronnie looked down again, not convinced, "If you say so, but I'd rather remain unattractive incase you hadn't guessed." She edged a little away from him, it was starting to get a little crowded, some people were brushing her, it had been different in the bum costume, no unwanted contact.

Selene: "Thanks, but no." Selene replied, glancing at Andreas and looking him all over. "Knowing you, I'd have an awful lot to do, after you end up being kicked into the mud and all that."

Remy: "I do. Jus' was sayin' petite. I get it. Hands off." He grinned and held his palms up towards her. "No worries, alright? No one'll hurt y' here."

Selene: "I'm afraid that won't save you from any unwanted attention." Selene commented as she walked past Ronnie. "Not at our school."

Remy: He gave Selene a swat on the backside. "Hey. No makin' dis worse."

Jason: "Yes, that's my job."

Mayhem: Mayhem walked with a gloved hand on the hilt of his sword, eyes everywhere. He hadn't felt like this since the last time he'd been to a reenactment with his dad. And the chances were, people would assume his strange looks were part of his costume. Bonuses of being a freak amongst weirdos.

Ronnie: Ronnie sighed and looked around her, "I'm just not into that sort of thing okay!" She said a little harder then she meant, then shuddered lightly.

Selene: Selene looked over her shoulder and smirked. "Well, negativity is my speciality."

Ronnie: "I'm just here for the music, I like stringed instruments," she hissed before stalking off to where she'd been directed.

Selene: "Ooh, incense!" She bounded off towards a nearby stand.

Remy: "It ain't a problem. Y' don' have t' be." He watched her huff off. "Y' naughty girl." He scolded Selene and tapped her nose with his finger.

Jason: "Is anyone else alarmed that she immediately goes for things that are to be lit on fire?" Jason pointed after Selene.

Mayhem: Mayhem watched ronnie go, blinking. She liked stringed instruments? Strange girl...heh, maybe she'd like violin then...he frowned, an idea forming in his head.

Selene: Selene glanced back at Remy, lifting some of the offered incense to smell on it. She smirked once more. "You can't say I ever pretended to be anything but a naughty girl." She said. "Besides, who said it wasn't my aim to scare her away from you?" She winked, before turning back to the incense.

Andreas: He grew tired of this. "Say, did we come to this fair to gaze in astonishment at the parking facilities, or will we get going some time soon?"

Mayhem: "With you in that getup? No time soon." Mayhem snickered.

Jason: "You have legs. We'll meet you back at the van later." Jason smirked, walking ahead. Now, where to waste time at?

Remy: He clucked his tongue and then headed off for the entrance. "I've got a whole feast here, petite. Don' need t' worry d' poor girl. I ain't likely to ever force myself on someone dat don' want it."

Andreas: "You people are a true riot." His voice was dripping with sarcasm...as was his body with sweat. This armor had been a bit heavier than he had expected, but he didn#t want to admit it. Though he could already feel the fine net of glowing lines dancing over his body, indicating that his mutant enhancement was at work.

Ronnie: Ronnie found the tent where the music was going to be played, alas no cellos but beggers (heh) couldn't be choosers, they were still setting up but there wasn't anywhere to sit appart from the grass ... white pants ... but she didn't want to stand up all day.

Remy: "Y' sure are a cranky pants already. What's eatin' y' up Andreas?"

Mayhem: Mayhem wandered into the crowd, his guess that people would assume his tail and face were prosthetics - though the slices on his face got some appreciative 'oooh's. Now. Where was the actual reenactment? There had to be some...

Jason: Jason managed a wicked grin, seeing a small crowd around what appeared to be an executioner's block. He could possibly have some fun messing with that. "Maybe the armour's pinching."

Selene: Selene left the incense alone and followed the the others as they headed for the main entrance. "Oh, I know you well enough to be sure you wouldn't." She told Remy, stepping over to walk beside him. "Though, you should also know me well enough." She flashed a mischievous grin. "I'm not above spreading misinformation to get what I want."

Ronnie: Pffft, no one would notice, people were highly unobservant, she sat down cross-legged on the grass.

Selene: This time, it was her turn to slap Remy's backside.

Remy: His eyebrows went up and he laughed at Selene. "Oh is dat so?"

Andreas: "I'm not cranky, people around me just are nuts," he grumbled at Remy

Selene: Selene tried to put on an innocent expression - a doomed undertaking, of course - and cocked her head. "I value my amusement." She said. "And the things that amuse me."

Selene: She pointed at one of the nearby stands. "Seems as if they're selling mead there."

Remy: "Tryin' t' get me drunk, chere?" He gave her a mock scandalized look.

Jason: "Ah, good, drink time." Jason commentedd, a bit distractedly as he gave the person working the executioner's exhibit a more realistic fake head.

Andreas: "Ah, finally a good idea." Now it was his turn to slap on Selene's back. "Good work, knave."

Selene: Selene grinned when she saw Jason's project on the executioners block. "Tempting me to tip you over, are you?" Selene asked Andreas.

Selene: "I say we reroute the mead-flow into his armour, if that's what he wants." Selene said with a nod.

Andreas: "I will only fall on you, you know it."

Remy: "It ain't great when y're only defence an' fightin' move is t' fall on someone."

Selene: "And pierce me with your sword?" Selene asked in return, smirking teasingly. "If it's long and sharp enough, that is."

Mayhem: Mayhem had already found the mead tent and had a cup, giving the group a half-smile (like he could do much else) and raising it to them. "Seems my accent fits right in here." He grinned at them.

Andreas: "It's great if it hurts the significant other, smartass." Then he turned over to the mead tent. "I say we buy the biggest cups or whatever they have here, I pay."

Selene: "Excellent." Selene commented and turned to lean on the table at the tent, waiting for her mead to arrive. "See? I knew it would pay off to take the German along."

Jason: "Well, if he falls at least he takes someone with him." Jason shrugged, switching illusions to make the torture devices the lecturer was going through a bit more...entertaining. "Well, he's a big and flashy wallet but he definitely makes up for it."

Remy: "Y' jus' have t' move outta d' way t' avoid bein' falled on. Dieu." He linked arms with Jason briefly. "Isn't dere somethin' about monks bein' drunk all d' time? Or was dat jus' robin hood?"

Selene: Selene's face lit up with childlike excitement. "Ooh, will we get to see more torture devices?" She asked, giving the others a hopeful look. "Please tell me we will."

Mayhem: "Even if it's just for the tincan-tipping?" Mayhem took a deep mouthful, before readjusting his flatcap.

Andreas: "You guys should ahve dressed up as jesters, that would have been closer to the truth."

Jason: "I think your choices are be a drunk monk or being one of the strange monks who hide away and flog themselves over imaginary transgressions. I'd stick with the drinking."

Remy: "Hell yeah." He took the cup from the busty woman and grinned. "Now dis is more like it."

Selene: "Did someone see our recently rehabilitated hobo?" Selene asked, looking around and trying to spot Ronnie somewhere.

Jason: "Maybe the fairies took her."

Mayhem: "Foul Ol' Ron? She went to find the music tent."

Selene: Selene took her cup, as well. She took a sip from the large container. "This is quite delicious." She stated.

Remy: "Hey. She ain't foul no more. Dat ain't kind. She's jus'...a bit different right now."

Jason: Jason took a testing drink from his mead and another, approving of it. "One way of putting it."

Selene: "Different is not so bad." Selene commented, taking another sip. "I got by pretty well with being different, so far."

Andreas: "Short bus different, maybe?" He heaved up the visor of his helmet and placed the cup on his mouth, taking a big gulp out of it.

Remy: "Well most of us are fucked up by what happened t' us one way or another, oui? Can't say many of us have a sane upbringin'."

Mayhem: Mayhem grinned at Remy. "You don't read Pratchett, do you? Foul Ol' Ron's one of the best characters and she reminds me of him." He drained his mead cup and asked for another, his accent close enough to Elizabethen English that he got it free.

Selene: "I'd classify mine as quite insane." Selene tossed in.

Mayhem: "My upbringing was fine. Just my schooldays sucked." Mayhem shrugged, taking the cup. "I came out fine."

Remy: "Mmmhmm." He downed half his cup and smiled. "I'll see about dat, cher. In d' meantime, she's jus' had a rough time of it, oui? Anyone know know when she ended up on d' streets?"

Andreas: "not me." Another big gulp of mead vanished into the helmet.

Selene: "I barely traded words with her." Selene said, taking another good swallow of mead.

Ronnie: Ronnie had to shuffle to the side of the tent to stay out of the way of people comming and going, and the instrumentalists didn't mind her hanging around, she she sat and listened with a small, genuine smile on her face, it was kinda like the performances she used to do at school ...

Jason: "Can't say as I do." Jason turned back to the conversation properly after giving the poor man onstage a bit of a shock with the flogger he had been surprised to be pulling out of his bag of tricks.

Mayhem: "I've got...some...idea, but...." He was reluctant to say more.

Remy: "Ahh, y're friends wit' d' petite den?" He gave a lazy grin and took another drink. "Dere y' go. As long as she has someone."

Mayhem: "Yup." Mayhem nodded, taking a mouthful. "I got her to stay. She was planning to leave again after she got better."

Selene: "She seems to have a sarcastic streak." Selene commented. "Therefore, I think we should get along pretty fine."

Andreas: "I think she's less sarcastic as the rest of you, so I guess there's hope for her."

Remy: "Well maybe she likes y' some den. Dat's good. Get her outta her shell more, oui?"

Mayhem: "...I don't think she likes me." Mayhem shrugged, looking into her cup. "But, yeah. S'pose."

Selene: "Shall we try to find that music tent then?" Selene asked. "I believe I might like what they're playing here. Besides, we can't go home if we lose one of us."

Jason: "Aw, are you getting a tad burned by all the sarcastic barbs?" Jason patted Andreas's helmet lightly, stepping back just a bit in case he was saving up some sort of speed just for that opening.

Jason: "We can't? And to think, I had all intentions of driving off and leaving you all"

Remy: "Well I don' think she's ready t' 'like' anyone like dat yet...but give her time."

Mayhem: "Oh har har. I'll remember that next time I shed, Jason."

Andreas: He turned his head around slowly, gazing at Jason eerily out of the shadow under his helmet. "I think the two of us will have lots of fun today..."

Jason: "...remind me to buy another lint brush and get into contact with a groomer."

Jason: "Yes, yes we shall." Jason just smiled back.

Remy: "Wow. Dis mead goes right through y'. I'll catch up t' y'all. Give me a moment."

Mayhem: Mayhem's tail flicked as he grinned fangily, then winced when the movement pulled his stitches. This was getting irritating.

Selene: Selene took a sip of her drink. "Besides, I like what you did with your face." She told Mayhem, giving an appreciative nod. "It gives you that certain rugged edge. Suits you fine, if you ask me."

Mayhem: "Ah....I didn't do it. It was an accident." Mayhem smiled awkwardly. "It's um...they're real."

Selene: Selene arched her eyebrows. "Oh." She said, then nodded once more. "Well, it still suits you, I'd say."

Mayhem: Mayhem blinked, touching the tips of his fingers to the slashes. "You think so?"

SinJin: St. John thanked the wench behind the counter, dropped some tips into the jar and went to find his friends. He knew he'd brought the sword with him this time - it had been stashed under his surfboard. He spotted Jason and snuck up to him, putting the poit of an arrow to his back. "A ranger caught-off guard?"

Selene: "Of course I do." Selene confirmed. "As you might have guessed, my tastes not always agrees with those of other people. So, I'm quite sure you don't meet common beauty ideals with that look, but I do find it rather appealing." She tilted her head. "Seriously."

Jason: Jason's eyebrow arched and he looked behind him. "...I realize that I should have fully expected this."

Selene: "Hello, Ginny." Selene said and raised her hand to wave at the newcomer.

Andreas: "Lo and behold, the Lord of the Rings is gracing us with his appearance." He greeted the newcomer with a risen cup.

Mayhem: Mayhem blushed under Selene's scrutiny, dropping his gaze to his leather boots. "Um...well, thank you. Well, I'll have to get used to 'em, seeing as they're going to scar..."

Jason: "Do us all a favor and shoot him." Jason pointed over his shoulder with his thumb to Andreas. "the ringing off of the helmet will be like music."

Mayhem: "I could hit the helmet with the flat of my sword." Mayhem offered, half-drawing it with a grin. "He won't be able to hear anything for days."

SinJin: "Oh, yes. I brought you an extra cape and hood." He fitted them over Jason's head and did the clasp. "There you go. A Tolkien gesture to the day's festivities!" He grinned and took a sip of the alcohol from his mug.

Mayhem: "...But...this is Elizabethan..." No, no perfectionist. Mayhem muttered something and drained the rest of his mead cup.

Selene: "I guess I can be glad that I don't scar." Selene mused, more to herself. "Getting cut wouldn't be half as fun if that were the case."

Andreas: "No, you couldn't. I bet Tessa wouldn't like this a lot..." Andy thought for a moment. "Event though it would allow me to sleep through a night again...Megara tends to scream a lot at times..."

Jason: "Gah!" He was being attacked by semi-appropriate attire! Jason nearly choked on the mead he had been attempting to drink. "Oh, I feel so festive now."

SinJin: "Yeah, but where's the fun in being a slave to detail, May?" He patted Jason on the shoulder. "There, there, it'll be all right."

Remy: He slid back into the group. "Man...ok, dat is one thing where d' lines are ridiculous. D' porta potties ain't very period appropriate either." He paused to snicker hard at Jason's face. "Oh y' got him dere. He's gonna be a dandy before y' know it."

Mayhem: Mayhem set the empty cup down and drew the sword with a 'snkt', grinning. "Well, if ye'd like to hold still, sirrah, I'll be happy to oblige thee with a full night's sleep."

Jason: "...dandy." His voice was flat. Wasn't he pretentious enough?

Jason: Well, if he was going to be in costume, Jason supposed that he might as well go full out with it. As the cape was covering himself from observation he just illusioned the missing details over. "Better?"

Andreas: He really considered it for a moment, but Tessa would find out that it had been intentional and would give him hell for it. "Nah, i think my hearing should stay intact. I might be better off with it."

SinJin: "Oooh. Very nice, Jason! See, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist!"

Remy: "Dere y' go. Y' make a very pretty man. Is dat velvet?"

Jason: "When in Rome..." Jason looked to Remy. "Are you saying I'm not normally pretty? I'm hurt...and yes, it is."

Mayhem: Mayhem sighed. "Disappointed." He guided the point back to the scabbard and pushed it in with a 'clkt' before looking at Jason and grinning. "Aw, I'd have thought a dress'd suit you better. More of a wench then a dandy."

Jason: Jason's gaze switched to Mayhem. "Have you considered waxing?"

Mayhem: "Many times." Mayhem smirked back.

Jason: "Well damn, I need a new threat."

Selene: "Excessive hair can also be burned off." Selene offered, emptying her cup and asking for a refill.

Mayhem: "Well, as I don't have any excessive hair I'm pretty much safe." Mayhem gave a half-grin. "Anyway, weren't we meant to find Ronnie?"

Remy: He gave Selene a look. "Yeesh, I think I prefer waxin', petite. Y're a bit vicious."

SinJin: "Waxing hurts too much."

Selene: Selene took her refilled cup and turned back to the others. "Certainly; let's go."

Jason: "Well, even though you have some good skills with fire I wouldn't suggest going with Selene's suggestion."

Andreas: "Has anyone seen her?" He looked around.

Remy: "Oh? An' jus' what have y' waxed Ginny?"

Mayhem: "I can smell her. Just."

Selene: "I can be quite gentle when I want to." Selene remarked.

SinJin: "Ugh. No. I've burnt myself one too many times to even try to play with it too close to my skin,
thankyouverymuch,"

Mayhem: "You can burn yourself, Ginny?" Mayhem blinked. "But I thought you were too hot to burn or something...oh, and you still have my lighter, I think."

Jason: Jason snorted. "Have you really been telling people you're too hot to burn?"

Andreas: "Okay, then, good job Mister Mayhem." He patted the other man's shoulder. "That#s why I say it's best to always have a cat-person or such with you."

SinJin: "Yeah, if I'm not careful." He held up his thumb where a small patch of burn scar was. "Absolutely not! I'm just hot." He winked lecherously at Jason after a moment's hesitation. "And your lighter is on my dresser. I'll give it back, when we go back."

Mayhem: "Sure thing, anytime." He waved a hand vaguely. "Anyway. Let's go find Ronnie, yeah?"

Remy: He looked from Jason to Ginny and back. There was a sorta... "How did he get y're lighter? Thought y' kept that thing by y' all d' time?"

Jason: Jason just snorted again. "Well, now that we've got that cleared up I suppose we might as well look."

Mayhem: "He had to borrow my lighter when we had an interesting Holodeck incident." Mayhem touched his slashes again.

SinJin: He snorted at the 'holodeck'. "Yeah...it wasn't the best time ever..." his smile faded. "Corsets are really restricting!" he added to lighten the mood a little.

Andreas: "You guys are into rough love?" The mead was starting to get to his head.

Remy: "Well dis monk is feelin' rather merry. Dat mead works it." He gave Andreas a look. "Y're all dressed in metal an' y're askin' dem about rough?"

Jason: "Corsets, hmm? I suppose I should be grateful that wasn't what you brought to attack me with."

SinJin: He stuck out his tongue. "One of these days I'm gonna figure out why the DR thinks I'm a girl."

Mayhem: "He looked hot in it, though." Okay, he hadn't meant to say that. No more mead. "This way." He started leading them into the crowd, catching snatches of Ronnie's scent.

Jason: "Someone's probably put in a special program that identifies you and puts you in fitting drag."

Jason: "For the record, it wasn't me."

SinJin: He blinked at Mayhem. "Er..." he ducked behind Jason. "It better not have been you. It was probably Lizzie."

Remy: "We should be callin' y' Lassie dere, May." He patted Jason's shoulder. "He's jus' coverin'. He really likes dressin' as a girl."

Andreas: "I'm all heavy metal, Rem, but with a soft core."

Remy: "Oh dang. Y' know dere's medicine for dat right?

Mayhem: "Lassie's a dog though." Mayhem poked his tongue out at Remy. "Besides, Lassie was mostly Laddie anyway."

Jason: "She's diabolical enough certainly." Jason had to agree, arching an eyebrow and smirking over to Remy. "Well, never said he didn't."

Andreas: "I should know, being the first aid guy at the mansion."

Remy: "So what's worse? Gettin' called a Lassie or a dog?" He winked at May.

Mayhem: "Woof." He gave Remy the finger as he led them deeper, getting appreciative greetings and returning them. Yeah, he'd missed this. "I could live with Lassie, considering Hepzi calls me Miss May."

Selene: "Miss May?" Selene inquired, arching her eyebrows as she gave Mayhem a curious look.

SinJin: ""Hey Lassie, looks like that belly dancer wants you to join her." He pointed at a girl dancing in the path.

Jason: "Just don't hump her leg to hard."

Mayhem: "Long story." Mayhem glanced at Ginny and Jason warily. He tipped his hat to the girl and moved past her, giving her a couple of lewd comments in Elizabethen english, getting a mock-slap and a grin from her.

Andreas: Andreas followed after May, just ignoring his behaviour, only noticing that he seemed to like being slapped.

SinJin: Grinning as someone yelling caught his attention, he returned a rude gesture and some language with the gentleman in formal period attire yelling at him that he needed to get into the proper period, not some stupid movie costume. "God, I love these faires. Though, I think I just pissed off a Queen's Guard."

Mayhem: "Eh, I'll bet he doesn't know how to use that pretty sword of his." Mayhem eyed up the guy, grinning at him muttering about 'yeomen' and bowing sardonically. "Anyway. This way."

Remy: "Pfffffft. Who cares. D' point t' dese things are booze and breasts."

Jason: "Nothing quite like following your nose." Jason shook his head. "And I'm sure the Guard will live."

SinJin: Pulling up his veil, he followed in such a way it made his cape billow and swirl after him. "So, where are we going?" He paused long enough to leer at girl's chest falling out of her corset, and remind himself to put on some sunscreen.

Jason: "Music tent I believe."

Mayhem: "Finding Ronnie." Mayhem pointed to where he could hear lutes and drums coming from. "Over there, I think."

Remy: "So we can pick up our skirts." He pulled up his own gown and showed off his sandled feet and bare legs to the knee. "Don' have kittens Andreas. I won' haul it higher."

Jason: "If you mess your armor you're sitting in the back."

Selene: Nosing around the music tent, Selene decided that she liked the music well enough, and so sat down in a patch of grass in the background, waiting for the others.

Andreas: "As long as I don't have to see your unspeakables, that's okay by me."

SinJin: "Oh right. Fantastic!" He grinned at Remy. "I wouldn't mind if you raised the hem higher."

Mayhem: "It's the knees that do it for him, I reckon." Mayhem smirked at Remy. "Knees and ankles."

Ronnie: Ronnie, who was lurking in the shade, eyed the weird Selene girl up a little warily, she'd best not start being ... well ... weird, she was acctually enjoying this.

Jason: "You should twirl your rosary beads around, make a proper show of things."

Mayhem: "....I think I'm now horribly, horribly disturbed, Jason, thank you." Mayhem shuddered. "I'll send you my therapy bill."

Andreas: "You know, I could go for some dancing right now..."

Selene: Selene spotted the Ronnie girl sitting a little further down. Contemplating her options for a moment, she then got up and stepped over to her, sitting down in the grass once more. "Lemon?" She asked, after pulling one of the fruits from her bag. "I also have cranberries."

Jason: "You're quite welcome."

Remy: "Oh, merde. I didn't think of dem." He did start taking a couple of steps to the music though. "Dis isn't so hard anyways. Some of it's kinda similar t' d' stuff back home."

Ronnie: Ronnie looked at Selene for a moment, "You worried about scurvy or something?" She grabbed the offered fruit anyway almost as a reflex action and started to peel it quickly, "Thanks anyways."

Andreas: He felt kind of sorry for this new girl. But what do...? Maybe...

Mayhem: Mayhem stepped into the tent, moving out of the way of the others as he looked around for Ronnie. Wow, the music was pretty good, actually.

Selene: "Welcome." Selene said and pulled out another lemon for herself. "If it's too sour for you, I'm sure I can find some pieces of sugar somewhere in my bag."

Andreas: Andreas approached the girl, pumping his blood pressure up enough to actually manage smooth movements. "M'lady, would you grace me with the honour of a little dance?" With those words he took a bow.

Ronnie: "I stopped caring about how things tasted a while ago," Ronnie shrugged, craming a couple of segements into her mouth and wincing a little as it felt like her mouth wanted to shrivel up, but chewing and swallowing anyway, fresh fruit was never to be sneezed at.

SinJin: "Hmm. Interesting music. Wouldn't want to listen to it all day, though." He settled on the grass, patting the spot next to him for Jason, moving away slightly so they didn't quite touch.

Jason: Jason flopped down lazily. "No, if you did I would start to worry and send you out to commune with the woods or something."

Selene: Selene glanced up briefly as Andreas appeared, giving him a wary look. She then looked at Ronnie, before leaning in. "I'd take him up on the offer, if I were you." She muttered under her breath. "The chances of him being tipped over and lying helplessly in the middle of the tent are too good to be just ignored."

Ronnie: She looked up, "You can barely walk in that get up, tin can," she looked down at his booted feet, "that's real metal? You'd break my shins if you put a foot wrong!"

SinJin: "Oh, thank you." He poked Jason's side and took another swig of mead.

Jason: "I only hope that you would do the same for me." He snorted.

Mayhem: "I don't know, it's good background music." Which is what it was designed for, really, he supposed. Mayhem adjusted his sword and sat too - at least, he crouched to make way for his tail as a server came around with tankards of ale and cups of mead.

Andreas: "I can be quite graceful, if I want." He rose his visor and gave her a reassuring smile. "I learned from some of the best dancing instructors in Europe...don't ask..."

Remy: He huffed and sat, rearranging his robe. "Honestly, y'all are just gonna sit here? Dis isn't as much fun as dancin'. Mind y' watchin' d' sardine can go for it may be."

Ronnie: "I took salsa lessons, that's the only dance I know, as funny as seeing you try to do that in that gear would be, getting flattened by half a ton of steel and then having your father sue me for the dents doesn't so I think I'll pass," she finished the lemon and tossed the peel behind her.

Selene: Selene gave a shrewd smile. "I wouldn't be too averse to dancing right now." She stated.

SinJin: "Well, who would I dance with?" he asked as he watched Jason get up and head to the porta potty area.

Remy: Remy just gave Ginny a lazy smile in response.

Andreas: "Well, you can always change your mind later." The visor went back down, and he told Selene. "You just want to trip me."

SinJin: "Hmm. Well, I'd dance with you Monk, you only have to say you want to."

Mayhem: Mayhem had another cup of mead in hand as he was watching the rest of the group, unsure if he really wanted to dance or not.

Remy: "I thought it was more of an open invitiation..." He got to his feet and held a hand out to Ginny. "So c'mon y' fruit. Let's go."

Selene: "You're right." Selene replied. "I'm certainly plotting your demise. Or at least your fall on your behind. However, why assume that it's you I was asking?" She smirked. "You're not that charming."

Ronnie: Ronnie pulled a face and licked her lips, the only problems with lemons was that they were so very dry.

SinJin: "I'm not a fruit. I'm a plant! He took the hand after dropping his quiver, bow, and sword."

Selene: "If you worry about being crushed, I can assure you I'm lightweight enough." Selene remarked casually towards Ronnie.

Ronnie: Ronnie gave Selene a flat look, "No."

Selene: "At least you speak your mind directly." Selene replied and took a sip of her mead.

Mayhem: Mayhem stood, walking to the other three ans Remy and Ginny got up, crouching behind them. "Don't worry, I'm not here to dance." He smiled a little.

Andreas: "Seems like you're not that charming either." he couldn't manage to get the sarcasm out of his voice.

Remy: He rolled his eyes. "Honestly, go wit' it Ginny. Hurts y're brain an' mine less dat way."

Selene: Selene gave Andreas a withering look. "Touché."

Ronnie: "You'd best not be," Ronnie shrugged, trying to concentrate on the music.

Mayhem: Mayhem just smiled again. It seemed like Ronnie really did like stringed instruments. Little strange, considering where she came from but then...maybe her parents liked it too or something.

SinJin: "That hurts your brain? My brain doesn't hurt...mayhaps that mead was stronger than I previously thought." He let Remy take the lead, wondering if they danced lewdly they would b asked to leave, since there were some children about.

Remy: "What I mean, Ginny, is jus' shut d' hell up an' dance." He said it all with a smile to take the sting out of it.
Selene: Selene settled for peeling her lemon and listening to the live music, which, much to her own surprise, sounded quite good.

Andreas: "Sorry Sel, but remembering what your powers are and your sense of humour I'd rather not touch you anywhere."

SinJin: "Right." So he danced.

Selene: "I haven't hurt anyone so far." Selene tossed in, taking a bite of lemon. "Besides, don't you feel safe enough inside that tin can." How she wished she had some rust powers.

Remy: "Dat's better. Relax." He grinned again. "If someone takes a picture of dis, I'll kill dem."

Andreas: "I'm mainly feeling wet in here. Sweat and such, you know?"

SinJin: "Why? It'd be nice to have memories." He made subtle 'take a picture' motions to Selene when Remy had his back turned. He tossed his camera as Selene looked at them.

Mayhem: "...Yeah, I can smell it, man." Mayhem wrinkled his nose at Andy. "Every time you move, I get a waft out of a crack."

Remy: "Memories are jus' fine. It's me in dis potato sack I could do without." He tipped his head. "It's better dan d' cape thing though. For me at least. Ain't gettin' me in dat."

Andreas: "I may have deodorant somewhere in here."

Selene: Ginny's camera fell into the grass, as Selene made no move to catch it when it was tossed at her. With a sigh, she put down her cup, leaned forward and grabbed it. She fidgeted a while with the settings, which might or might not have resulted in a wiped memory card, before raising it up to take a picture of Remy and Ginny dancing.

[Edited on 8/11/2009 by steyn]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.