Read our full Game transcripts here!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

4/25 Game: Deliverance

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: March 13th.

Mayhem: Mayhem looked up at the sky, then at the woods, then at the other students, then the ground. Then back up at the sky. Why had he agreed to this again?

Anna: Anna ran around in a wide circle, it was nice to be outside in a different place for a change. She squealed with delight and cackled like a madwoman. "Just like being at home!"

Kyle: Kyle was sitting on the ground, scratching at a large splinter until it came out of his hand. He looked up at Anna, "You lived in woods too?"

Selene: "Now isn't this looking like a mysterious bag filled with all kinds of wondrous fun?" Selene asked dryly and with a dose of quite audible sarcasm added to her voice. "The next time I shall not be that eager to jump at an opportunity to skip some boring classes." She looked up towards the treetops. Drops of rain fell on her face. "Lovely."

Anna: Anna laughed, "No, but I lived in the countryside and it rained a lot!" she told Kyle, "And we had a small wood at the bottom of the garden.

Mayhem: "Hah. Not raining hard enough to be home." Mayhem muttered, kicking at the ground with a booted foot. At least he was wearing semi-sensible clothing, though his PK trainers - and goggles, for some reason, didn't know how they got there, honest - were in the backpack he wore.

Anna: Anna continued running in her circle until she tripped over a rock and landed on her face. She sprung up again almost instantly, "I'm okay!" she announced. Then she looked down at herself, "little muddy... but okay." she ammended.

Selene: "How considerate of them to drop all of us newbies in the same place." Selene mused and opened her umbrella. She sat down on a nearby rock. "I was under the impression this would be a fairly easy event, considering that I've already spent a lot of time outdoors. And a good way to not do that economics assignment."

Andreas: Andreas was annoyedly watching out from the frame of rubber the rain poncho's head part formed around his face. He really would have liked it better to stay with Tessa and the little princess, but seeing as not one of these guys would probably survive even an hour out in the woods he had decided to come along and prevent Xavier U from being fined with littering the woods with corpses.

Kyle: "I'm not new," Kyle told Selene.

Mayhem: "My idea of outdoors is moorland. And when it's sunny!" Mayhem muttered to himself. He squinted up at the leaden sky again, dreadlocks quickly becoming waterlogged and hanging heavily against his scalp. "And you're going to make my dreads fuzzy!"

Anna: Anna giggled, "Ah a little water never did anyone any harm!" she told mayhem, "Rain is good for things."

Selene: "Well, mostly new." Selene corrected herself. "At least we have someone to provide us with a steady supply of cute dead bunnies. I just wish you weren't content with sleeping in the grass, so that we might also have someone who could provide us with some kind of shelter building."

Shiro: Shiro kept his bodytemperature high enough to keep his clothes dry.

Mayhem: "Not for dreads it isn't. They're gonna go fuzzy." At least he'd thought to bring his needle along. Muttering still, he pushed his soggy dreadlocks out of his face and scratched a cheek. "Alright, so what now? We stay here for a couple of days until they come find us or we move out?"

Anna: "Maybe they left us with things like... that plastic sheet stuff...?" Anna asked Selene, "For making a roof."

Shiro: He was wearing aviator goggles, his pilot jacket and a belt with few little gadgets and a blade that looked like the bastard child of an machete and a saw.

Kyle: "Stay for three days and...and then they get us." Kyle added helpfully

Andreas: Observing the others bickering he tried to figure out which way the institute was. Maybe putting a few mutants out in the woods wasn't such a great idea after all? Andreas just hoped there weren't any bears around, he imagined they make a big mess when exploding...

Anna: Anna tried to brush some of the mud from her clothing as she looked around a bit more, "Think we can find somewhere near a stream?"

Selene: "Maybe I'll let you share my umbrella. Maybe." Selene said. She looked at Mayhem, then at Andreas, and back at the former. "Or, even better, you could ask Andreas to share his full body condom with you. He doesn't seem to completely fill out his."

Shiro: Shiro decided to lay it low and played the Once Upon A Time In West tune with his silver harmonica.

Andreas: Selene received a withering stare. "I'm not sharing anything. I'm only here to make sure you guys don't die...or to burry what's left of you so no one finds the corpses..."

Mayhem: Mayhem snorted at that, then kicked at the ground and scowled. He was just realising this probably wasn't a good idea. And that he'd rather be climbing trees then listening to this lot.

Selene: Selene turned to glance at Anna. "All I know is that what I got in my bag and pockets is all I have. No one gave me anything else." She frowned. "Maybe I stood in the wrong line and missed the survival kits being handed out."

Anna: "Oh don't worry, fairies bury people," Anna told Andy with a grin, "Maybe we'll find some?" She jumped quickly into a hedge as though expecting to find one.

Kyle: "I thought I had to bury them..." Kyle half asked

Shiro: Shiro took a deep breath, three days with these people? Thank god I took that road trip, he thought.

Andreas: This time Anna received the patented look. "Fairies again?...Have you eaten any mushrooms yet?"

Selene: "And if the fairies don't find us, I'm sure the wolves will deal with our bodies just fine." Selene tossed in.

Anna: "Mushrooms?" Anna asked, climbing out the hedge and pulling a few twigs and leaves from her hair, "Never touch the stuff. One bad batch can kill you."

Shiro: He took a deep breath again, "So you guys want to go back to the school grounds, or?"

Kyle: "I'm fine. I can wait for the umm, the jet." Kyle added.

Selene: "Whichever is less boring." Selene replied. "I'm less worried about starving to death or being hunted by carnivorous elk than going crazy from sheer boredom."

Mayhem: "Or, y' know, we can just eat the dead ones." Mayhem sighed, starting to wander around the clearing and away from the group. Finding a relatively dry patch under a tree, he pulled off his bag and sat down, pulling out his pipe and starting to put tobacco in the bowl before lighting it.

Shiro: He crossed his arms, "So you want to start making a camp?"

Andreas: "Good idea." The tone of his voice indicated that he wasn't meaning what he told Shiro, though. "And in which direction lie the school grounds?"

Anna: "How long are we here for? I wasn't paying attention. I was sold on the whole idea of woods. Cause I'm wondering will we have time to walk all the way back there...? Are we even that far away??" Anna realised that she should probably work on her attention span.

Shiro: "I have no idea, I slept during the ride. And I didn't really pay any attention until now."

Selene: "Considering we took the jet here, I'd say we're beyond walking distance." Selene reminded the others. "But finding back to so called civilised places should work, as well."

Mayhem: "Yeah, that'd work for, say, me and Kyle."

Kyle: Kyle waved when he heard his name.

Shiro: "Depends what you mean by walking distance."

Andreas: "The goal of this excercise is to find the way back on our own." For the first time he was moving and walking around, looking everywhere. "The problem is to find out where the school is and where we are in relation to it. Anyone got ideas?"

Shiro: Again he took a deep breath, "So... No one has a map, or a navigator or even a GPS mobile?"

Shiro: "I have a compass but I don't even know where we are supposed to be located."

Anna: Anna frowned, "Do we even know whether we went north or south or what? I left my phone behind 'cause I know I'd break it or drop it in a river or something...."

Mayhem: A branch shifted overhead, showering Mayhem with water. His ears flattened against his head as he sighed, taking a drag and putting the pipe in his mouth. "I have an English phone. Means that it doesn't get signal here."

Selene: "We could spilt up." Selene suggested with a nod. "Group A head in one random direction, group B in the opposite one. Group A consists of Andy, group B of the rest of us."

Shiro: Shiro started digging his pockets and pulled out a Clint Eastwood-ish cigar which he lighted by snapping his fingers.

Andreas: "Well, for starters we could walk over to the mountains over there." He pointed at a group of small mountains, a bit away from their current position. "Maybe we'll find identifiable features and can work from there?"

Mayhem: Mayhem grinned fangily at Selene. "I like that idea."

Anna: Anna giggled at Selene, "Awww Andy not mister popular?" she bounced over to him, "I'll look after you! Have no fear!"

Shiro: "How far do you think those mountains are anyways?"

Andreas: "About two hours by foot?, " he answered Shiro, conveniently ignoring the less intelligent people around him.

Shiro: He exhaled smoke through his nose and the little hole in it's side. "I'd say probably one and a half."

Mayhem: "One hour by PK." Mayhem smirked as he looked over the trees.

Shiro: "PK?" Shiro frowned

Selene: "Did we already decide that we want to walk somewhere?" Selene said from her rock in the background. "Just asking."

Mayhem: "Parkour. Free-running."

Anna: Anna looked at the mountains, "If we run we'll get their faster!" and, without waiting for a response, she bounded off into the trees, "Wheeeeeee!"

Selene: "I guess that answers my question." Selene concluded with a sigh.

Andreas: "It will take eons if we try to get there by talking how long it will take us to get there instead of starting to walk." With those words he started to march towards the mountains, not caring whether anyone followed him.

Shiro: He inhaled the smoke "I'll top that, 20 minutes by flying." he smirked and exhaled through the nose again.

Mayhem: Mayhem looked up at his tree, breathing out a stream of smoke. "I could get across a city in less then ten minutes with PK." He muttered, before looking at the others wandering off and sighing.

Shiro: Shiro yawned and leaped after the bunch.

Anna: There was a small yelp as Anna fell over again.

Mayhem: Putting the pipe in his mouth, he pushed himself up, debating changing into his trainers. Shrugging, he picked up his bag. He'd done it in boots. But he'd walk for now. Tightening his gloves, he ambled to the rest. "So, we following them or staying here?"

Shiro: Shiro walked a few steps, decided not to bother and sat on his imaginary wheelchair slowly floating behind the party.

Andreas: He reached Anna, still lying on the ground, and simply pulled her up with one hand. "You're a clumsy one, aren't you?"

Selene: With a sigh Selene got to her feet and turned around on her rock. There she spotted the base of a fallen tree right nearby and took a long step to hop over to it. She sat down on it and crossed her legs, looking after the people who took off into the woods.

Anna: Anna grinned at Andy, "Yes. Yes I am. Thanks for the lift." She dusted herself off and continued at a more sedate pace, "Can't help it. But I rarely seriously injure myself."

Mayhem: Mayhem debated following the insane people walking or staying with the insane people staying. Either way, he was going to get bored and tetchy.

Shiro: Shiro stood up and walked to a quite straight branch nearby, he pulled his sawmachete from his belt and cut the branch.

Selene: Patting the stub of a tree, she channeled enough energy into it to animate the dead plant. It roots began to move, eventually tearing out of the soil and lifting the wooden platform up, along with Selene and her umbrella. She mentally commanded it to gallop after the other students.

Shiro: He sat back to his imaginary wheelchair and started carving the branch.

Shiro: After few small finishing moves he tucked the sawmachete back on to his belt and accelerated next to the girl that fell.

Andreas: He threw a criticising look over his shoulder and at the 'cheaters'. But instead of commenting he kept on walking.

Mayhem: "...Take that as following." Mayhem sighed. The students were quite a bit ahead of him already. Knocking out the cold pipe, he stowed it carefully in his pocket and then shouldered his bag, tightening the straps and sorting his gloves. Walking sucked. PK was better. He pulled himself up a tree and immediately grinned.

Shiro: He handed the quite obvious walking stick to Anna and winked "Here, thought this might help you quite a bit."

Anna: Anna scowled at Shiro, "I'm fine, thank you." She told him, "I'm used to falling over. I do it a lot. Haven't broken a bone in over a year."

Kyle: Kyle finally decided to get up, shaking off any of the extra water in his fur, and picking off dead leaves, he looked up and thought of something fun when he saw Mayhem in the distance.

Andreas: "If you break one today we'll consider you as rations, only so you know."

Selene: Selene passed by Anna on her tree stub ride. "I can fully recommend letting someone else do the walking for you." She commented, showing a small smirk. "Saves time for admiring the scenery."

Mayhem: Mayhem found PKing through trees a lot different from concrete, but it was just as fun. He tested the limits of the branches, nearly breaking something when one cracked under him, and scrambled from tree to tree, unconciously homing in on the noise the others were making and not realising he wasn't making all that much himself.

Anna: Anna grinned at Selene, "I can walk and admire the scenery at the same time. Of course, this does increase my chances of falling over significantly but I'm sure I'll manage."

Selene: "As long as you're having fun while doing so, more power to you." Selene replied and gave a short laugh.

Shiro: He frowned "Suit yourself" he tucked the stick in to his backpack and started playing the harmonica.

Anna: "Walking's good for you," Anna said, "Falling over can be too - builds bone density if you do it enough and it teaches you how to land properly."

Kyle: Kyle climbed the nearest tree and started jumping from one to another, trying to catch up with Mayhem, jumping and grabbing branches, treetrunks and evenaccidentally clumps of leaves which only meant grabbing for more branches before he hit ground.

Shiro: "Falling over a lot also means that you are off your balance... Or that your feet are tiny, like those grannies in China." he said and continued his musical session.

Andreas: The path they were travelling was starting to get steeper, though Andreas didn't slow down. Which admitedly was in some ways hard, seeing as it was still pouring down and therefore muddy.

Anna: Anna raised an eyebrow at Shiro then looked down at her feet, "My feet are fine thank you. And so's my balance. It's my co-ordination that I have trouble with."

Mayhem: Mayhem hadn't quite caught up with the group, but then he was having too much fun to care. Having to concentrate on not falling and keeping on moving meant that he wasn't having to think, though trying to grip branches in the rain was hard. At least he wasn't worrying though...he could always see McCoy when he got back.

Selene: "I fell often enough in my life already." Selene remarked. "Or got run over by faster things. Or trampled by deer. Or stabbed by sharp objects. So, I guess it'll be fine if I take a break from getting hurt for now." She shrugged. "But I might do something stupid and reckless later today. Just for fun and get some diversity into the routine."

Shiro: "If you have trouble with coordination, it would be handy to start doing some martial-arts training." he said and threw the cigar butt away.

Anna: "Bah, that's boring," she told Shiro, "And often involves things I can injure myself with. I'll stick with dancing and surfing."

Andreas: Okay, the bickering was starting to annoy him a lot. Now he was wishing for a bear to come by to give him sweet relief from this conversation.

Shiro: "Yeah, that's great. Hopefully you don't find yourself taking part in the special team." Shiro sighed

Mayhem: Mayhem could hear bitching ahead. He was almost disappointed, because that probably meant he'd have to walk - or get lost. Though getting lost sounded more fun right now.

Anna: Anna smacked Shiro over the back of the head for that comment then quickly moved incase he hit back. "Cheeky bugger..." she muttered.

Kyle: Kyle jumped a few feet above Mayhem's head, grabbing on to the tree he was grabbing too, smiling down at him.

Selene: "In that case, you'd at least get a wear a fancy helmet." Selene tossed in and smiled smugly.

Shiro: He frowned "Huh, what's that for?", "I wouldn't go as far as slapping total strangers" he mumbled and released a short burst of flames to dry his hair.

Mayhem: Mayhem nearly fell out of his tree when Kyle went over him, but he clung onto the trunk. Then he grinned. Climbing into another tree, he started following the other fuzzy boy, trying to find a way to draw level with him.

Anna: "You insulted me, that's what it was for." Anna said in response, folding her arms then tripping on something and having to unfold them again right away, "Fuck!"

Shiro: "Insulted? The fu..." he said and took a sharp pull to the left leaving some space with this chick

Selene: Selene tilted her head and gave Anna an amused look. "Are you sure I can't interest you in your own animated ride? It would even be a simple favour and I wouldn't ask for anything in return." She paused, smirking slightly. "At least not right away."

Anna: Anna looked up at Selene on her walking tree stump and tripped again, "Uh... what would I be expected to give you?"

Kyle: Kyle jumped a couple more trees, even getting above the other students, accidentally knocking more water from the leaves and branches on whoever was beneath him.

Shiro: "Ok, that was uncalled for, what part of my phrase did you find insulting?"

Anna: "The special team part." Anna grouched at Shiro, "I'm not that clumsy."

Mayhem: Mayhem follwed Kyle, matching him move for move, grinning madly as he added in a flip for the sheer hell of it and nearly missing the branch. He ran along a half-fallen tree, jumping over the long fall between two other trees and just about drawing level with Kyle.

Selene: Selene gave Anna an ominous look and winked at her. "Some time in the future, I might ask you for a favour in return. Or just part of your lunch. You can never know."

Shiro: He sighed "I wasn't talking about "special olympics" if you haven't been around for long enough, I suggest you ask the seniors about "the X-team", that's a pretty quick reaction on a little missunderstanding right there." he winked and lighted another cigar.

Selene: She looked around the wooded area. "Is anyone looking out that we don't start walking in circles?"

Anna: Anna blinked at Selene, "While I'm a little worried what kind of favour you might ask I think I'll take you up on your offer." She looked at Shiro again, "Well maybe you need to be more clear in what you mean before you say things like that to people who don't know you?"

Andreas: "Don't do any deals with Selene, Ann. You can only lose." The were slowly reaching greater altitudes, soon they'd be able to look over the treeline.

Anna: "I can't imagine what I have left to lose," she told Andy with a grin, "I already got rid of my marbles and I sold my soul for a car."

Selene: "Excellent." Selene replied and began looking around for a suitable ride. "In fact, I could even try to get a ride that would carry all of us." She glanced up at Mayhem and Kyle in the trees. "Except for our cat and dog turned monkeys up there."

Andreas: He looked up. Until just now he hadn't noticed the two dumbnuts jumping through the trees. "I hope they'll be attacked by squirrels...with rabbies..."

Selene: "I guess they'd prefer to swing around the trees for a while." She found a promising looking patch of moss that had grown over a flat rock. Guiding her tree stub over to it, she reached down to animate it as well. "There. That should work nicely."

Shiro: "Maybe there are about a hundred people in this school from which about 70% do I not know neither did I know that you didn't know about the special arrangements for afternoon hours." He sighed "Yeah, maybe if you didn't quite get what the other person was saying, you could ask? Instaed of raising your arm."

Shiro: "Thank lord it's not pissing down harder, you might have burned your hand. Enough this pitiful rattle, fighting isn't good for situation like this, so sorry for not making complete sense, 'kay?"

Anna: "Instinctive reaction - I have a dumbass cousin." Anna replied, "He's also at the school." She grinned, "I didn't hit you nearly as hard as I hit him either so stop crying."

Selene: The flat rock was lifted up by lots of small roots. "It even has a moss covering for added comfort." She advertised it to Anna.

Anna: "Ooo nice!" Anna hopped up onto her new ride, "Very cool." she said.

Shiro: "You know, if the point was to have a view over the treeline. Pretty much any of us would have been able to climb high enough to do so." he smirked and fiddled his harmonica.

Shiro: "Sure, be rude. That's the way to go, you reap what you sow." he winked and decided to switch for the whole hiking part.

Andreas: "We're not supposed to do this the easy way, so yeah, I'm doing it the hard one." He let his eyes wander over all the weird people around him. "Though, the hard part isn't necessarily the walking..."

Kyle: Kyle was now a little ahead of the rest of the other students on the ground, trying hard not to get too far ahead, but not get caught up by mayhem either, and kept going in zig zag lines.

Anna: "The hard part is not falling over," Anna told Andy, nodding sagely, "But Selene has that part covered." She grinned at the other girl.

Selene: The rain was getting worse, and Selene was glad to have her umbrella with her. She peeked out from under it at the darkening sky. "Indeed." She agreed. "Walking certainly is the hardest part here. I'd be more worried about hungry and crazy wildlife, or even crazier humans living out here in the woods. Or getting lost."

Shiro: "Easy? Depends who does the climbing. But hey, if you consider this hard, don't try walking halfway through Siberia." he grinned and pocketed his hands.

Mayhem: Mayhem could hear the students below them, and couldn't help the smirking at the bantering as he panted, slipping down a sloping branch before launching out over air and thudding hard into the trunk of another tree, shaking water and sodden leaves over the party below. "Ooow..." He coughed, winded, watching Kyle swing ahead of him as he tried to catch his breath.

Anna: Anna looked up, "Oi! Watch where you're dumping water!"

Shiro: Swtching his sense of sight he could make out the two guys clowning in the trees. Might be fun, but he was more of a Batman than Tarzan.

Kyle: Kyle heard a small animal cry in pain, twisting around to look he saw Mayhem catching his breath. Kyle sat and waited.

Mayhem: Mayhem shook himself, pulling himself up onto a branch and perching on it, coughing as the pain faded and grinning at Kyle, giving him the thumbs-up.

Selene: "We should have a better view from up there." Selene pointed at the hill in front of him. The top of it was free of woods. "Perhaps we see something interesting from up there."

ShiftyDude: A shadowy figure was kneeling down in the woods, water running down in little rivers over a body that was naked except for muddy patterns drawn on it which would rather make your eyes cross than allow you to follow them. On second glance a single piece of cloth was revealed around the hip with two knives and a pouch fastened to it.

Anna: "I suppose I'm going wherever you are," Anna said to Selene, "My rock is under your command."

ShiftyDude: "In the name of Jesus, spread the word. No weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every turn that rise against my judgment Thou shall condemn, Lord. Amen." The man, because that is what the figure was, made a cross and then rose, following the faint sound of his prey unnoticed even by the forrest's natural inhabitants.

Selene: "True enough." Selene glanced at Anna. "But I can command it to follow you around should you decide to get off for a while. At least, while the energy in it lasts."

Kyle: When Mayhem finally started jumping for a branch, Kyle quickly twisted around to get back to the fun of it all.

Anna: Anna giggled, "Yay pet rock?"

Andreas: They had finally reached a little plateau from which they had a decent look around. "Anyone see anything?"

Mayhem: Mayhem followed Kyle, pain forgotten as he did. This wasn't so much racing as just PKing for the hell of it, and watching Kyle he knew the other boy was a lot better then him in trees. Trying to watch him, he started copying how Kyle moved.

Selene: "Rocks make for fantastic pets." Selene explained and nodded sagely. "They never beg for food, nor make any dirt." She stopped her tree stub and Anna's rock next to Andy. "You mean, aside from a lot of nature?"

ShiftyDude: The noise grew louder and his movements even less human when the man came closer and closer until he finally saw the first glance of the hellspawn.

Anna: "I see.... lots of clouds...." Anna said looking up at the sky then blinking as a raindrop hit her in the eye.

Kyle: Kyle finally stopped and hanged at the nearest tree to the other students in the little plateau, not wanting to get down until he really had to. Instead he just waited.

Shiro: Shiro pulled out his machete and started carving symbols in to the stick. "c-u-n... Yeah, real fucking mature" he mumbled and threw the stick away.

Mayhem: Mayhem perched in a branch a little lower then Kyle's, tail swinging for balance as he buried his claws in the trunk to stay stable, breath coming in pants. "That was fun." He grinned.

Anna: She kind of wished she'd brought a camera. The view was really nice.

Andreas: "Okay, see that over there?" Andreas pointed towards something that seemed like a line of missing trees among all the green that was surrounding them. "I'd say this look a lot like a wider path, or even a street, definitely something cars could use. So I'm saying let's head there and follow it."

Anna: Anna yawned, "Can we eat too?"

ShiftyDude: He listened to the plans the wretched ones were making and scurried off to prepare...

Shiro: "Follow it until it it says "Washington 85 miles"? Suits me" he grinned

Selene: Selene tucked the umbrella into her elbow while she reached into her cluttered bag. A moment later, she pulled a worn out notebook and a short pencil out. "The scenery looks sketch-worthy, don't you agree?"

Kyle: Kyle twisted, shifted, and ended up hanging by his legs, his head almost at Mayhem's, "I wanna do the city thing again, in the DR, that was fun too." he said.

Anna: "Definately," Anna replied to Selene, "I wish I'd brought my camera, but I thought i'd probably break that too if I did."

Mayhem: Mayhem nodded. "Yeah. Then you can help me practice more in that tree one, right?" He grinned at the upside down boy.

Selene: Selene peered into the direction that Andy had pointed out. "You could be right. Maybe that's a path for rangers or forest workers. In any case, it might bring us closer to other people. And houses and beds and food." She swiftly scribbled sketched of their surrounding on the paper after urging on her stub and the rock.

Kyle: Kyle smiled, "Yes!" he agreed with Mayhem

Andreas: "I would say if we find a road sign with any directions we're lucky, doesn't have to be DC, some small town from where we can call a cab should suffice." He waved at the others to follow him back down the plateau on a small path in the general direction of the road.

Mayhem: Mayhem finally tuned in on what the others were saying. "Yes, but what about me and Kyle? I doubt you'd be given a taxi with us along."

Anna: "Sounds good to me... can we afford a cab fair that far though?" she frowned, "Wait... I still don't know how far away we are...."

ShiftyDude: Good he had prepared a few things as he always did. These ropes sure would come in handy...

Andreas: "I'll treat you guys." And if it's only to get me out of this madhouse asap...

Selene: "Anything that might prove more interesting than an endless stretch of trees is an improvement in my eyes." Selene remarked as she guided her rides down the slope. Her attention was still divided between the other students, her surroundings, and the notebook in her hands.

Anna: Anna grinned and hugged Andy, falling off her rock as she did so and ending up dangling from his neck, "You're so nice!"

Andreas: "ACK!" He nearly fell over.

Selene: "I think she likes you." Selene commented with a dry tone, glancing up at the others. "You know that you'll have to take care of her if she decides to follow you home."

Anna: Anna decied that this was a hint from her pet rock to walk on her own for a bit and let go of Andy, dropping to the floor and continuing to walk on the path a little way ahead of the others.

ShiftyDude: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.," such was the incantation he cited while chopping away at branches around him. Everything had been prepared except the last thing...

Mayhem: Mayhem muttered something about tards and not listening as he climbed up past Kyle. "Looks like we get to practice more." He sighed, tightening his gloves. "You ready to go?" he was already mapping out where he was going.

Anna: Anna skipped along the path, trying to keep her momentum level on the slope. The last time she'd been on a hill this steep she hadn't been able to stop and had ended up with a broken arm. She wasn't keen to repeat that.

Andreas: Now that the general direction was clear, Andreas decided that walking in the group instead of its front was more pleasant and especially less wet, so he fell back a bit.

Selene: Selene glanced up at Mayhem and Kyle, who were still busy with their monkey games. "I'm waiting for one of them to fall down and break a limb." She commented. "Something like this is always bound to happen in such a situation. I'm not going to drag one of their injured butts around just because they couldn't stay on safe ground."

Anna: "You won't have to!" Anna called over her shoulder, slipping a little on a wet stone, "I can fix them. It's me you wanna watch!" She grinned at Selene and continued walking.

Kyle: Kyle nodded at Mayhem, letting go of the branch, following the rest of the group via trees again. For a second he thought it was a little unusual that there was an easy path to go through the woods, but then again, he never was in that neck of the woods, it was probably normal.

Selene: Barely having said that, her tree stub lost its footing and keeled over. Selene was too distracted and too busy holding on to her various things to do anything about it. She just saw that the stub hadn't slipped on the ground, but tripped into a pit. Turning over, it ungratefully dumped Selene into the hole.

Andreas: "Watch out, stupid!" He tried to grab for Selene, but his hands just got hold of empty air.

Anna: Anna heard the shout and stopped to turn around, "What's wrong? What did I... oh.... where's Selene?"

Selene: Selene was entangled in her umbrella and the strap of her bag, while the tree stub essentially buried her from above. She first heard the sharp sound of cracking wood before she felt the stinging pain of something piercing her skin. Selene cursed loudly.

Anna: Anna came back up to the others to look into the hole, "You okay down there?"

ShiftyDude: He watched with satisfied eyes as the first of his traps sprung. Hopefully this would help rescue the entangled soul of the girl.

Mayhem: Mayhem stopped as he heard the shout, dangling by one hand from the tree, before pulling himself up and heading back to the group. "What's happened?"

Selene: Selene wanted to give a witty retort, but much to her own surprise only manged to make a gurgling sound. She tasted blood in her mouth. Her hands feeling along her body. She could make out several pieces of wood that seemed to be stuck in her body. Spikes?

Anna: Anna couldn't really see Selene under her fallen transport, she moved round a little, "Selene?"

Kyle: Kyle stopped when he realized he wasn't being followed by Mayhem anymore. He had gotten a little ahead of everyone and tried to spot them. Leaning as far as he could, couldn't seem them from the tree, so ended up climbing down to get to the small path, hoping to see them.

Andreas: "FUCK!" Andreas stepped closer and noticed an unhealthy amount of holes in the girl. He hastily got on his knees and pulled her out of the hole. Who was the healer agai-... "ANNA, come here, now!"

Selene: "Some... help... here?" She finally got out, lifting her legs to try and push the tree stub away. Her control over it had bee lost the moment she fell.

Mayhem: Mayhem's mouth suddenly watered at the scents he got from the...pit? "Wait, why can I smell blood?" He let himself down onto the ground by the group.

Anna: Anna flapped in slight panic and pulled off one of her gloves, "Oh Selene, you're all holey!" she joked a little and went to place a hand on the girl to heal her, "Have you fixed up good as new... shame I can't fix your clothes."

Andreas: "Some freaky hunter must have made a trap to catch deer on the trail, Selene got hurt!," he shouted at Mayhem.

Kyle: Just five steps later Kyle heard a snap and a creaking, turning around he just barely dodged away from a thick log that came swinging at him. It clipped his shoulder, giving a nasty sound and kyle ended up on the ground, cringing at the pain, waiting for it to go away.

ShiftyDude: And there went another one...But the blond guy had been quick with calling out to this one girl...Might their godless powers be able to heal each other?

Selene: Selene put enough energy into her muscles to finally push off the damn stub and free herself. She could already feel the pain subsided from Anna's touch. Carefully sitting up, she pulled the wooden spikes out of her body. The wounds healed up quickly. "Thank you." She said, breathing deeply.

Mayhem: Mayhem stared longer then he should have at the blood before he turned away quickly. "No need to fucking shout at me, dude, how the hell am I supposed to now? I ain't psychic!" He bristled, before turning at the nasty sound of a crunch. He'd heard that before, when a PK buddy had misstepped and hit a wall awkwardly. "Where's Kyle?"

Anna: Anna looked around them and up at the trees, "Thought he was with you?"

Andreas: "Aw, Scheiße!" He was still holding onto Selene and then looked around for Kyle. "Someone go get him, we don't know whether there are more surprises like this!"

Mayhem: "Nope. I'll go find him." Mayhem jogged up the path. Anything to get away from the smell.

Anna: Anna looked down at the hole, "What kind of sicko would make something like that?"

Selene: "I don't know." Selene replied, pulling the last spike out of her leg. "Not that it will matter once I find out who did it."

Kyle: Kyle stared at his shoulder. His arm looked wrong for some reason. Probably dislocated. He cringed trying to push it back in place, and stopped to look up and see Mayhem getting closer.

Mayhem: Mayhem caught Kyle's dusty yellow scent a few seconds down the path, tinged with pain. He could also hear a creaking. "Kyle? You here?"

Anna: Anna pulled her glove back on and looked to see where Mayhem had gone, "We should go find the others," she said, "Hope Kyle didn't find one of these things...."

Selene: Selene let Anna do most of the healing instead of using up her own reserves to close the wounds. Perhaps she would need them later.

Kyle: "Here," Kyle said, waving from the ground, "Mayhem, can you pull my arm?"

Andreas: He finally let go of the girl and gave the small pit another look. It was only maybe a foot deep, but there were stick in it with point ends pointing upwards. "I think deer is supposed to fall in there, break their legs and bleed out, ready for the taking when the hunter comes..." He kicked a small stone into the pit. "Sick..."

Anna: "That's a horrible thing to do!" Anna said, looking into the hole again, "Poor things."

Mayhem: Mayhem looked down, then pulled a face. "Well, you ain't bleeding at least." He took off his pack. "You fall or something?" He grabbed Kyle's arm, pulling it.

Kyle: With his good arm, kyle pointed at the still slightly swinging tree log. "Got hit by that."

Mayhem: He looked at where Kyle was pointing. "Wait. Selene falls into a spiked pit and you get hit by a log?"

Anna: Anna stood up, "Think we should make a move? You okay now, Selene?"

Kyle: Kyle gave a rather high pitched squeel after he felt his arm finally get pulled back in place, the pain quickly starting to subside, "Yeah."

Selene: "Poor me." Selene corrected as she got out of the hole, still a little wobbly. She dusted off her clothes and noticed that Kyle had been injured, as well. "Yes, I'm fine again. The rest of me will be healed up in a few minutes."

Anna: "Oh let me do it." Anna pulled her glove off and healed Selene's remaining injuries, "No sense you suffering longer than you need to."

Andreas: Andreas carefully stepped into the small pit and started to break off all the sticks. "We can't fill this hole up now, but I say we tell this some ranger or another official as soon as we're out of here." Then he got out again and motioned the others to follow. "Come on girls, I think we should check on Kyle too."

Mayhem: Mayhem pulled Kyle up. "Um. That better?" He let go of him and went over to poke the swinging log. "You know, I'm starting to get paranoid."

Anna: Anna nodded in agreement with Andy and hurried along the road, quickly over taking him. She didn't see the wire. But she did see the spikey branch.

Anna: She flung her arms up to protect herself as it came towards her face. Then it stopped. Mere millimetres from her nose.

Kyle: Kyle brushed off the dirt, flexing his arm, rotating it a couple times to make sure it feel right, then thought about what mayhem said, "Paranoid's when people are out to get you.....right?"

Mayhem: "When you think they are, yup."

Kyle: "What if they are?" Kyle added

ShiftyDude: And another one of his traps was disabled by the ungodly abilities these pour souls had bestowed upon them. He grinded his teeth together and a hand wandered to one of his knives...but going face to face with them right now was probably useless, at least until he knew what they were capable of.

Anna: Anna couldn't stop the scream that escaped her mouth.

Mayhem: "Then that ain't paranoia. Don't know what it is..." Mayhem walked around the swinging log. "Wonder what-" His head jerked up at the scream. "Another one?!"

Andreas: The boy instantly jumped around at the scream, his nerves strained to the breaking point. "WHAT NOW?!"

Selene: Selene still tried to sort out her torn clothes as the scream made her spin around. She blinked a few times, then ran towards Anna.

Anna: Anna's knees gave way and she sat in a somewhat jibbering heap on the floor. She pointed at the branch full of spikes that had almost hit her.

Selene: "Are you injured?" Selene asked, looking between the spikes and Anna.

Andreas: "What is this shit?" He threw his arms up in the air. "Is someone playing Rambo with us?"

Anna: Anna shook her head looking at her hands, "I... I'm fine... it... just... stopped."

Mayhem: Mayhem ran back to the others, picking up his bag on the way past and slinging it on, hackles up and tail whipping. "Kyle got hit by a swinging log. I don't know about you but I wanna get the hell out of here."

Anna: Anna looked at Mayhem then pointed mutely to the branch that she'd narrowly avoided.

Selene: "Whoever did this must be hunting some quite dangerous deer." Selene remarked. She put her hand on Anna's shoulder, while looking around at the surrounding woods.

Andreas: "I agree with Mayhem..." He concentrated a moment and a creepy yellow glow appeared around his hands. Luckily he only needed his special gloves at night anymore if he didn't strain his hands too much with the blasts...which he had to do now. He pointed forwards, careful to not have Kyle in the way, and just blew over a few trees.

Anna: Anna shrieked at Andy. "What the hell?!" She clung to Selene's legs.

Andreas: "We're going the straight line until we hit the street. I want anyone with destructive powers to clear a path, and I want no one to leave it. Got that?" Everybody received a serious look.

Kyle: Kyle had walked back to the others, still stretching his arm a bit, stopping when he got to them, "Was this part of the trai..." he ended the sentence by ducking away, making sure he was not in the way.

Selene: "I might be paranoid at times, but even I doubt the trees had anything to do with it." Selene commented as Andy killed some forest.

Mayhem: Mayhem looked grimly at the branch before kneeling and hugging Anna.

Kyle: Kyle then saw the broken away trees, and felt sad.

Anna: Anna was shaking in fear, "I don't like this game anymore... can we go home now?" She looked up at Andy and Selene, "Please?"

Selene: Selene reached down to help Anna to her feet. "I guess that would pretty much boil down to you." Selene replied.

Andreas: "Knoack over anything that could hide a trap. Walk on strong branches, unless you see the bare ground. We're taking no chances. In doubt, protect the healer." He begun to step forwards, noticing a few traces of rope pointing out here and there, and a few twigs and branches that were too pointy to be naturally broken.

Mayhem: "Me and Kyle could scout ahead, see if there's anything else waiting." Mayhem straightened, just as serious as Andy.

Andreas: "Do it." He nodded at Mayhem and Kyle.

Anna: Anna just clung fearfully to Selene, "I want to go home now...." she said in a small voice, "If that's okay with you...."

Mayhem: Mayhem pulled his backpack off, swapping to his PK trainers and stowing his boots in it. "Someone want to take my bag? Can move easier without it."

Anna: Anna held out her hand, "I'll take it," she said, "It's the only useful thing I can do at the moment..." Did my teke just manifest...?

Selene: Selene raised a finger. "If I may make another suggestion." She said, looking around. "We could also use the radio that we were given for emergencies and call in the jet to pick us up." She gestured at the various traps. "I guess this can be classified as an emergency, no?"

Mayhem: His tail was whipping with adrenaline. But how could anyone know they were here? And was anyone actually trying to kill them or was it just coincidence that they'd walked into a poacher's spot? "Thanks, Anna." With that, he jumped, winnowing up into a tree, swapping speed for caution as he stayed ahead of the group and kept all his senses on high alert.

Mayhem: "Can a jet land in all this wooded area though?"

Selene: Selene looked around once more. "No, it couldn't. At least not yet." She tilted her head. "We could make a little clearing."

Anna: "I don't care how we get there... can we please just go home now?" She sniffled a little.

Mayhem: Mayhem dropped down, looked at Anna, and nodded. "I second that. I could probably do with seeing how strong I am anyway." He tried a grin.

Andreas: "Okay, I think Selene is right. Let's make a clearing, I'm calling for the jet." He got out the radio and spoke into it. This hike was over.

Mayhem: Mayhem nodded, placing his hand on a tree and pushing. After some creaking and resistance, it toppled over slowly, taking down a couple of others. He stood there blinking. "Um. That's kinda scary. Uh." He grinned, despite himself. "...Wow."

ShiftyDude: He watched his thread getting ready to escape...for now. "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever," he whispered under his breath.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

4/25 Game: Deliverance

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

... Shifty dude is eerily shifty. And foreboding. And Fanatical.
;)

Ah like him!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS