steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

29/03 Game: First Rule of Physics Club

Post by steyn »

Timelined Current

Dr_Styger: Nils walked to the chalkboard, throwing his orange scarf around his neck to keep it away from the white powder, and wrote his name out. "S-T-Y-G-E-R spells Styger." He said pleasantly, brushing chalk off his hands. "And this, friends, is physics class."

Dr_Styger: "I'm going to hand you all the syllabus now..." He took the papers off his desk and frowned at the lack of students. "I see people enjoy skipping. Oh well, I can always make sure they find it in their bedrooms. Okay, here you go pass these out please." He gave the small stack to Wade.

Anna: Anna looked up at the board and copied down the name in her notebook and wrote 'Physics professor' next to it so she'd remember later. She hoped the lesson wouldn't involve much thinking, she'd drank a little too much last night and wasn't fully awake yet.

Adriana: Adriana took them from the funky looking professor and started to hand them out, from time to time poking her newest hat creation out of her face. Too bad she couldn't wear her higher ones in class, but she recently had read Robin Hood's stories again, and this one was nice too.

Anna: Anna wrote something else in her note book, leaving a space before it: 'Weird hat girl' was added beneath the professor's name. She couldn't yet recall weird hat girls name but it would come to her. Under that she wrote 'wade. Cher' that was someone she'd never forget, she also added 'pudding' as an afterthought.

Wade: "Wait...hold on...physics? I thought this was Phys Ed." Wade headslapped himself. The temptation for origami was bubbling in Wade, but he surpressed it long enough to give out the papers to the other students.

Dr_Styger: "Okay, well as you can see on the syllabus, our first section is 'The Scientific Method & The History of Physics'. We're going to talk about everyone up to Newton, and pause there. We'll pick back up when we get into laws." He looked at his books and then to Wade.

Anna: Anna raised her hand, "How many people is that, Professor?" She was worried she wouldn't have enough paper for all those names.

Dr_Styger: "Actually, this will be a little bit like Phys. Ed. We will be using force, energy, gravity, and other such elements of Physics that you would see in any dodgeball game." With that, his chest opened up and out popped a stack of text books.

Dr_Styger: He looked to the young girl and smiled. "Uhm... we'll be focusing on their discoveries and laws more than the actual people, so try not to worry how many. I'd rather you memorize their equations." He looked to the board and drew a number one. "First rule. No eating or drinking in my lab."

Adriana: She tilted her head a bit, causing the real life attachment butterfly on her hat to lazily flap its wings once. "Are we starting with the Greko-Roman studies on mechanics and the laws of nature, professor Styger?"

Anna: Anna watched the emerging textbooks, "That is so cool." She wrote that down too 'pulls stuff out of his chest'

Wade: Wade looked up from his packet of chips and soda, "Excuse me?" he said with a mouthful.

Dr_Styger: "We'll actually be starting with the meaning of the word physics, however, due to the lack of attending students I'd prefer to save important information for the exams for when they are actually here. So we will switch things up instead... who wants to do an experiment?" his eyes sparkled as he said the word. He loved experimenting.

Adriana: Her eyse flared up with a sparkle of a different kind of fascination than the scientifical one. "Will there be bugs involved?!" Physics couldn't hold a candle to beetles.

Dr_Styger: "I wish!" Nils said. "Bugs are wonderfully interesting. But no, I think we should start with a very simple experiment for a very simple first lab. We are going to make Root Beer, float." He ported from his chest three large basins and two cases of diet and regular A&W root beer.

Adriana: "Awww, I know that one." Styger received a look like a puppy that just had performed a cute trick. She would probably even have given him a sugar cube if there had been any lying around.

Anna: Anna blinked, "Uh.... what's root beer?"

Dr_Styger: "If you could each take this first basin and fill it about three quarters from the sink over there. Room temperature water should be fine." He opened the box and took out some cans of each soda. "Root Beer is one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted in America. Sugary and fizzy."

Anna: "Oh... ok...." Anna picked up a basin then, on second thought put it down again, "Can someone else fill my basin for me?"

Wade: "Neato, all we now need now is ice cream." Wade added with a happy clap. What you need is a stick to poke the new professor. Yeah, that too. Where were you, you missed a great chase scene. Ask me later when not in class. "Okay!" wade said outloud.

Dr_Styger: Nils helped Anna lift the basin and fill it. "Root Beer is a soda beverage here in the U.S.. It's a sweetened extract of different roots combined with carbonated water. Birch Beer is similar, but a little less tasty in my personal opinion."

Adriana: "Root beer tastes nasty!" She poked her tongue out to show her disgust but went to get her basin anyway. She wouldn't have to drink it, right?

Dr_Styger: When the students had filled their basins he wrote rule number two on the board. "Rule number Two, you do not do a lab without your lab book. Please take out a blank notebook and write the entry, the date, and we will take up the rest from there." He let the students do so. "The goal of this experiment is we want to find out which will float. Root Beer or Diet Root Beer, and of course why. So we will draw up our hypothesis."

Anna: "Uh... ok..." Anna did as instructed and tried not to knock the basin off the table.

Wade: "Who is this handsome devil looking back at me," Wade asked looking at his reflection in the water. Scribbling a little in his own notebook Wade finished with a smilie face. "Hold on, I thought rule two is not to talk about physics club?"

Anna: Anna giggled at Wade and glanced up at the professor, waiting for the next instruction, after she'd written the 'rules' down in her other notebook.

Adriana: "That's the Fight Club, Wadey." He received a poke as punishment for his mix-up after which Adriana continued writing into her book that already was full of surprisingly detailed pictures of beetles, wasps, ants,... from other lessons. She ended up bored quite often, the professors somehow explained the obvious things all the time.

Dr_Styger: "Okay, so, best guess. Which do you think will sink and why? What're some reasons?" He pointed to the cans. "You will drop them at the same time. What would make one can float and one can sink? In the same tub... with the same water."

Anna: "The diet one will float 'cause it's a diet one?" Anna guessed. She'd never heard of this experiment so all she could do was guess. "No added sugar and all that...."

Adriana: She giggled a bit since she already knew the answer, but she kept it to herself.

Wade: "That's easy, I say the fat free one, because there's no fat in it....then again...the diet one is lighter because it's diet.....this is hard, are we going to get this in the exams?"

Dr_Styger: "Okay so we got some good theories. Why would the diet one float? What's the sugar got to do with it?" He went to the board and wrote the letters "D-E-N-S" He turned back to them with a grin. "Anyone like to solve the puzzle." He pointed to Wade. "This is for fun, but the idea and the scientific method will be."

Adriana: Putting a finger on her chin she shot the professor a confused look. "Dens?...Do you mean dents, professor Styger?"

Anna: Anna gave a small shrug and decided to shut up and wait until it was explained.

Hector: Hector snuck in all quiet like and sat near Anna. "Did he call role yet?.." He whispered very softly, and then put an invisible ear bud in and hit play on his Ipod.

Anna: Anna jumped and dropped her pen, "Uh no..." she said, reaching down to pick up her pen and bumping her head on the table, "Ow."

Dr_Styger: "Dens...ity." He finished the word on the board. "The density of the sugars will effect the can of soda." He smiled and took his own two cans of diet and regular root beer. He gave a concerned look to Anna. "Oh my, are you okay? I can port you to the Nurse..."

Hector: "Sorry..." He grinned at the clumsy girl. "You ok?..."

Anna: "I'm fine," Anna told them, rubbing her head, "It happens a lot." She grimaced, "Think I got the corner there...."

Anna: "Does that thing mean I'm right?" She asked, gesturing to the board, "About the one that'll float?"

Dr_Styger: "Good. If we could please then, drop our cans into the water. Try not to splash your partners. Then we shall wait and write down our observations. We will do this three times." He dropped his own cans and let them settle. With eyes like a child he watched the cans. "You must wait and see, that is the purpose of an experiment."

Adriana: She let carefulyl let her cans slide into the water and watched eagerly what would happen, even though she already knew the result.

Anna: Anna put her cans in the water and peered in, pen at the ready.

Wade: Wade stopped in mid baseball pitch with a can into the water and then sighed. He just let the cans slip into the water.

Adriana: politicians annoy me

Dr_Styger: Slowly the two cans bobbed at the waters surface and then eventually the regular can began to sink to the bottom. Nils looked to the clock. "Keep time here students, note the amount of time it takes for it to sink." He smiled as the can of regular touched the bottom of the basin. "What're our results?"

Anna: "Woo go me!" Anna jumped up and down.

Hector: I'll just look on with someone Anna's... He pulled out a pen and piece of paper and started writing down everything she wrote, bobbing his head as he listened to Sublime.

Adriana: "The sugar can is sinking, the sugar-free one is floating!" Her head bounced up and down eagerly which caused the butterflyto leave its place for a moment and to flutter through the room, before returning to its place.

Dr_Styger: "Correct Adriana! Why is that! Inform your classmates, please!" He threw her a piece of candy and one to Anna as well.

Anna: "Woo sweeties!" Anna caught the treat and popped it into her mouth, "I'm assuming we're allowed to eat things you give us in class??"

Wade: "Hey hey hey, do I need t oget out my lawyer outfit and point at Rule number one?"

Adriana: She caught it quite well out of the air. "Uhmm...sugar has more density?"

Wade: "More density? Pshaw, everyone know it's the little fat gremlins living in the can that makes it sink."

Anna: Anna giggled at Wade again, "You're silly," she told him, "Gremlins live in machinery."

Nils: Nils shrugged and tossed a piece to Wade. "Close enough." He smiled. "And yes Anna, you can eat my candies in class. As Adriana explained, artificial sweeteners have less density."

Wade: "Argh, my eye!" Wade yelled when a candy hit his eye. "Ooh, candy, "

Nils: "So, we will perform this experiment two more times to get our proof, we will finalize our lab journal entry, and then..." His chest portal opened again and this time a small freezer popped out. "We can have root beer floats!" He took five large classes for chemicals out from under his desk. "And toast to science!"

Adriana: "TO SCIENCE!," Adriana cheered, throwing her rootbeer cans in the air, failing to notice that someone would have to catch them.

Hector: I want candy... he frowned for a second, and copied the rest of Anna's notes. "Nice... Ice cream in Febuary..." He said semi-sarcastically, but still eyed the freezer.

Anna: "I've never had root beer..." Anna confessed, fishing her cans out of the water and ducked to avoid Adriana's plummeting ones.

Wade: "Hurray! Science is the boot that kicks ignorance in the nads!" *clunk!* "My head! Medic!"

Adriana: "OMIGAWD!" She stormed over to Wade. "re you okay? Is everything alright? Can you feel your head?"

Anna: Anna rolled her eyes at Wade, "You can self-heal dummy!" she folded her arms, "And I can't heal something that trivial anyway." she poked her tongue out.

Hector: "Medic... doesn't he heal? He'll be fine..." Hector grabbed the discarded can and popped it open.

Nils: Nils sighed. "Okay, clearly this class is going to need protective gear for some of my next classes..." He thought out loud. "If you would like an attendance grade for today you need to leave your journals on my desk. Then you can take some ice cream and make your float."

Hector: He quickly tossed his notebook onto the professor's desk, and got a large scoop of ice cream into his glass.

Anna: Anna frowned at her can, "What if I don't like it? I don't want to waste it...." She looked up at the professor, "And weren't we supposed to do it three times? Or are we just taking that for granted now?"

Hector: "Shh.. keep quiet you... Just turn your stuff in and eat... be better for everyone..." Hector smiled menacingly at her between bites of float.

Anna: Anna decided to use the distraction to write something else in her other notebook, 'Hector: Skinless wonder. Perv.'

Nils: Nils shook his head and smiled. This one will be interesting. I wonder if he'll get a kick out of the light experiment later... "If you do not like it, I'm sure one of your other classmates will be willing to down it. If not, I'll gladly dispose of it." He shrugged. "I would prefer you prove your thesis before you hand in your journal yes." He took his cans and repeated his motions from before.

Anna: Anna smiled at the professor and put her cans back in the water, ready to observe the one with sugar in sink again.

Hector: Hector went and sat back down by Anna, "You know... the definition of insanity is doing things repeatedly expecting different results..." He spooned a large mouthful of ice cream in, and closed his eyes hard to stop the brain freeze.

Adriana: After she had checked Wadey all over she leaned back, glad that he was okay after all. Then she took her can and opened it absentmindedly. A fountain of root beer shot up to the ceiling. "GAH!"

Anna: Having written down her observations ahd took the cans out again, "Never hurts to be thourough." She grinned, "And who says I'm sane?" She cracked up at Adriana spraying the room with root beer.

Nils: Nils groaned, wondering why such a smart girl had not expected that. He walked over and used his vacuum to suck up most of the sticky fluid and the slowly depleting can. "I'll clean the rest later. Though it will always be interesting to explain to Xavier why there is a brown stain on his white ceiling."

Adriana: "I'm sorry!" She scratched her head with a shy smile.

Anna: Anna giggled and shook her head, replacing the cans in the water one last time. "And you never know, something different could happen. There's chaos theory." She nodded sagely.

Hector: Hector bust out laughing as his brain unfroze, "mahn, yish stuff ish gooo... You want some?" He offered her his float.

Wade: Focus! Oh, look, icecream. "Okay, right, yeah, can, sink, float, sink, float, fin, scribble scribble, and here we go, finito."

Anna: Anna blinked at Hector, "Uh... no thanks.... you're alright there...." she patted him and wrote down the last little bit as the can sank again.

Nils: Nils shrugged. "Okay class... well that was the first experiment. If you re done, lab books on the desk, ice cream in the fridge, and try to make sure your peers attend next time. I have lots of notes for next class." He smiled a wide toothy smile and pushed his glasses up on the bridge of his nose.

Anna: Anna brought her notebook up to the desk, checking it was the right one before she put it down and picked up a glass.

Hector: Hec finished off the last bit of ice cream, downed the soda and left his empty glass by the sink. "This is my kinda class.... And people told me I was too stupid for college..." He smiled waved and headed towards the door.

Wade: Wade's pants gave a giggle, and he pulled out his cellphone and read the text message. With a flourish Wade delivered his notebook. "Your honour, I think I'll skip the root beer, but I'll take a scoop in my mouth, for I need to travel for and fast. There is something that needs delivering before hte next class starts." he said with a heroic stance.

Anna: Anna giggled at Wade again and patted him on the way back to her desk to get a can od root beer. Hmm.. regular or diet?

Adriana: "My hero!" She playfully clung to Wade, one leg classically flipped up.

Nils: Nils nodded to Wade, unsure of how to reply to that. "I see you are debating. I would suggest regular for full flavor. And if you want a neat twist, Hector never bothered to look at the ice cream options. There's chocolate there." He winked and opened the door. "Whichever you choose, it shall be good, I promise."

Wade: With that, Wade kissed Adriana, took a big scoop of chocolate ice cream and stuck it in his mouth and ran for the door. Down the hall a spinechilling wailing could be heard, "MOTHER OF GORDON! ARGHAGHahgagrgh....I'm okay!"

Anna: Anna gave a small shrug, opened the can and gave it a sniff and a small sip, she blinked at the sudden exclamation from the corridor, "Ooookay...." and tipped the drink into her glass, dropping a spoonful of vanilla icecream on top.

Adriana: "There he goes, I hope he won't hurt himself." She didn't mention whether she had any idea what Wade was up to or whether she just generally expected him to do something danerously silly.

Nils: "He'd better not." Nils said as he cleaned up. "Last thing I need is a student being hurt coming from my class on my first day." He shook his head and smiled. This is going to be fun...

Anna: "It's ok, he's a self-healing idiot. Any damage he does to himself is fixed." Anna smiled at the professor, "And I think that was a good first lesson."

Anna: Any lessons that ended in fizzy drinks and icecream were okay by her.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Awesome title. And special thanks to freak (and StJohn) for double checking the results of this experiment for the English major playing the physics professor. :cracked
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Post by Raven Hare »

So, Nil's got the stoner, the bug girl, the clumsy girl - and Wade in his class...God help him! :LOL

LOL - Very funny game guys! Sorry I had to miss it. :)
:hepz :kitty
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Post by stjohn »

Hey... Hec is more than just a stoner.... he has amazing hidden talents and dreams.... somewhere... deep down... and he will like those dreams and he will find those talents and he will.... do it all after he smokes a fat one...
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn