Read our full Game transcripts here!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/21 Game: With a Bang

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined Tuesday, Feb. 1

Remy: Remy took a spot nearer to the back, scanning the crowd. It was fairly impressive, the amount of people starting to come to these things. But then mutants had certainly been getting enough media coverage. Not usually the kind they wanted, but...

Miranda: Miranda handed out flyers, her jaw tired from the smile she'd had plastered on her face for the last hour. Where the fuck was Graydon?! This was his thing! Not hers!

Adriana: Adriana tiptoed her way up to spy over Remy's broad shoulders, which at first, due to her very peculiar choice of headwear today, at first looked as if something had followed him home from a safari. "Wow, that's a real happening!"

Benjamin: Ben had his guitar slung around his back as he made his way through the people and up to Amara. "Well this is cool, huh?" He asked, crossing his arms and looking at the mass of people. He waved to Miranda and then took his third poster from her that day.

Rogue: Rogue searched the room, finding a place in the middle of the crowd in between a couple of groups of people.

Amara: Amara started then looked at Ben, "Don't creep up on me! It's dangerous!" she hissed. She looked around her, "There certainly are a lot of people..."

Miranda: "Yeah! Very! Thanks you guys for coming!" She returned the wave a little spastically. "It's crazy turnout, huh?" She waved a hand at the crowd and her friend on stage speaking. Thank GOD he was a good bullshit artist and could stand in for Gray.

Remy: He glanced back and startled. "Mon Dieu. Adriana, why d' hell d' y' have a head on y're...head?" He asked waving a hand at the giraffe sorta looking thing she had on her head.

Benjamin: "Sorry, I forget I move sort of quietly. And then when I try to I stumble and step in pails and make noise. I suck at ninja stuff." He looked to Rogue and waved to her as well.

Wade: Wade shuffled to two people he recognised, actually just one thanks to the hat, but the other was a giveaway when he got closer. Wade held up a carton to Remy and Adriana, "Popcorn?"

Remy: He gave Wade a considering look. "Did y' make it?"

Amara: Amara smiled at Ben to show no hard feelings, "It's alright, you just have to be careful with us 'fire slingers' we're not good when jumpy."

Adriana: "It's a political statement!," she explained to her Cajun friend. "You know, like the democrats have a donkey, and the republicans have an elephant, I think mutants should have a giraffee." She nodded heavily while explaining, which caused the giraffee head on her head to nod along in agreement.

Rogue: Rogue glanced back in time to catch Ben waving in her direction. She waved back then kept looking around, waiting for everything to start.

Miranda: Miranda did a double take at the nodding heads... wow, was that her power?

Remy: "Why a giraffe?" This made no sense. Well, at least it wasn't a cockroach. One should be thankful of what he got.

Wade: Wade thumbed to nowhere at the back, "Bought it at the concessionary starnd, when you think the movie going to start?" he finally answered after chewing a mouthful of popcorn.

Adriana: "Well, they're all kinds of crazy-looking and easily recognizable, like us..." With those words Remy received the puppiest of looks from a girl that obviously wanted to be praised for her idea.

Remy: "Well y' certainly are crazy-lookin' an' reconizable wit' dat thing strapped t' y're head, I'll give y' dat." He shook his head and filtched a peice of popcorn from Wade and popped it in her mouth. "Jus' no scarin' people wit' it."

Benjamin: Ben waved to a little girl who had a balloon that said FoH on it. The little girl waved back and smiled a toothy grin. "Kids are cute." He said to whoever was listening. He turned around to see a few young teenage girls staring up at him. "Oh... hi?"

Hepzibah: Hepzibah stayed to the back of the crowd, keeping a careful watch on the strangers. Sure FoH was friendly toward mutants, but they all knew just how quickly sentiment could turn. She would have stayed at the mansion, but the chance to get out was just too tempting. A small child passed by her, eying her tail gleefully. “Just keep moving, kid,” she hissed under her breath. She was starting to wish she'd just stayed home.

Adriana: "Scaring?" She looked around quite confused. "Why should anyone ever be scared of me?"

Amara: "Yeah they are..." Amara agreed with Ben, she looked round when he did and gave him a nudge, "Think you have some admirers there."

Miranda: Miranda handed out the last of the flyers in her hand and turned in a complete circle to look around. Wow... lots of people, and some in costumes... or maybe they were mutants? Nah... those wings had elastic. She wound a lock of hair around her finger, watching the crowd.

Hepzibah: “Not you, just your weird ass hat.” Hepzibah stared at it for a moment. “Where do you even find hats like that??”

Benjamin: "You play music?" Ben smiled. If it wasn't the guitar it was probably his bands tee shirt he was wearing. "Yeah, I do. In fact..." he pulled from his back pocket the only copy of his cd he had on him. It was in cardboard thankfully, so he signed it "Boston Jones" and gave it to them. "Enjoy!"

Remy: "Well if y' have a giraffe thing all of a sudden poppin' into y're face, y're bound t' give a little jump." He supressed a snicker at Heppie's somewhat catty words.

Amara: Amara flashed a grin at Ben and patted him, "Awww."

Benjamin: "Hopefully their parents don't mind the swearing." He said with a shrug.

Adriana: "I make them myself!" Noticing a couple passing by with the woman pointing at her she shouted after them. "You can buy them on ebay! My nickname is queen-bee! That's with that little line between 'queen' and 'bee'!" The couple hurried onward.

Hepzibah: "So, tell me again why we're here?" Hep looked around. "If the authorities catch wind of this, won't there be trouble?"

Wade: "I think the hats are quite fitting. Looks part mutation thing. I mean, look at that guy over there, looks like he got a hippo mutation. Hi hippo dude!" Wade openly pointed and waved at the overweight woman.

Amara: Amara heard Adriana before she saw her and raised her eyebrows at the hat, she gave ben a nudge and pointed, "You have to hand it to her, the girl has confidence."

Remy: "Non. Dere's nothin' unlawful about dis. Well, unless y' ain't registered or got some sorta ID. STill, dey've never bothered here before."

Remy: "Oh good lord, look at him go now." He resisted the urge to face palm as he watched Wade stride off. "It's amazin' we can keep good relations, really."

Miranda: Miranda overheard Remy's words and bit her lip. Yeah, she was unregistered now...

Hepzibah: "We're NOT registered!" Hep spat under her breath.

Adriana: "I think that woman is just a little bit fat, Wade." She poked him.

Rogue: Rogue adjusted her bandana and shoved her hands in her pockets, still waiting for things to start, listening to excited converstation of the strangers around her.

Remy: "It's gonna be alright petite. Don' stress so much." He put a hand on her back. "Y' can always slide out d' back if y' see someone comin' in. Don' worry."

Benjamin: "She's got confidence but I don't think she has common sense." he said. "Cute though."

Amara: Amara giggled, "With Wade around I don't think anyone'll notice Adriana."

Miranda: Did't they say it was a felony? But then.. if that cat girl and the girl with the giraffe growing out of her head could be brave enough to be in public, she sure could. She nodded to herself.

Wade: "That's a woman? My bad, hippo lady, sorry!" wade yelled to the woman as she walked away, "Look at the waddle on her, gets the juices flowing, doesn't it?" he nudged Remy.

Hepzibah: Hep gave Remy a wry smile. "Worried? Why worry? What could possibly go wrong?" She should have just kept her ass at home.

Adriana: The girl giggled at her friend's dirty joke. "You're such a dog Wadey."

Jason: "We could all die horrendously?" Jason smiled as he came along the others, catching Hepzibah's question.

Wade: "If I was a dog, I'd be chasing Pussy all day long, wouldn't I?" Wade turned to the kitty girl, giving a stupid grin.

Remy: He just turned to Wade with a half shake of his head. "I doubt y'll be hittin' any of dat d' way y' were speakin' t' her."

Benjamin: "Okay well... It's time for me to get to my final recording session. Wish me luck!" He high fived Adriana and moved through the crowds and said good-bye to everyone. "Be back in like 5 hours!" Ben said with a roll of his eyes.

Hepzibah: Hep turned glared at Wade. "Having trouble finding any?"

Benjamin: Going back to Amara he waved to her too and then disappeared into the crowds toward the exit.

Amara: Amara waved Ben off and shuffled over to where the others were stood.

Adriana: "Awww, leave her alone!" She went over and stood up in front of Hep to protect her. While doing that she accidently brushed her fur. "Hey! That's so soft!" She started petting her fellow student.

Miranda: Miranda turned around just in time to notice the heavy petting. "Um..."

Hepzibah: “You make those?” She rolled her eyes at Adriana as she stared at the unique monstrosity on her head. “On purpose?” Anything to keep her mind off the possibility of going to mutant jail.

Amara: Amara smiled at the others, "Hi everyone, looks like things are going well, huh?"

Wade: "No, nope, saw a couple pussy cats walk around in alleys," Wade stopped talking about cats and wondered, "How soft?" he asked, his hand starting come out for a pet.

Adriana: "All kinds, sweety." She kept on stroking the soft and fluffy fur. "I love making hats and changing bought ones. They become unique and interesting that way."

Jason: "Unique...that they are."

Remy: "Oh don' molest her for god's sake." He pinched the skin between his eyebrows. Really.

Hepzibah: Finally, Hep stepped away from Adriana as the urge to purr became unbearable and Wade got closer. "Do you all do this to Kyle??"

Wade: "You know, for some reason I just don't get the urge to do anything when I'm near Kyle. It's like I have no driving force behind me to urge me on to say or do anything. It's really weird." Wade half mumbled

Hepzibah: She shot Remy a grateful look and went to stand next to him. Good Lord! Of all of them, ironically enough, he seemed to be the only one who could keep his hands to himself!

Adriana: "I like to read a good book in the rec room whil resting my head on Kyle's tummy. It's very soft too!" She gave Hepzibah a smile bright enough to illuminate the room. "I think we should have a fireplace too..."

Amara: Amara gave Adriana a look, "I wouldn't trust you near an open flame."

Miranda: Miranda applauded at Larry's speech, happy that the band was finished setting up to entertain now. She wouldn't have to get up there after all, thank God.

Wade: "Oh yes, we could roast marshmallows and club people over the heads with a firepoker and start our own murder mystery." Wade added to the idea of fireplaces.

Adriana: "I rather don't like them, they kill moths!" Her voice rose a bit and she made an angry fist, which loosened quite fast though. "But if you have a doggy or a cat, you need a fireplace!"

Remy: "Will y' guys listen t' all dis? If people think we're weird already we don' need t' add t' it."

Jason: "Yes, I don't really think people want to hear about us, firepokers, and murder somehow."

Amara: "I'm with you there Remy...." Amara put in, "We have enough trouble blending in without people discussing who killed who in the rec room with the poker."

Hepzibah: Hep sighed. "Face it, we've got the market cornered on wierd." She swished her tail in point of fact. When was this thing going to start so it could get over?

Adriana: Adriana put a thoughtfull finger on her chin. "Uhmmm...you know, we should play Cluedo some time. i want to try my Sherlock Holmes hat on."

Amara: "Really Adriana, do you actually need an excuse to wear a silly hat?"

Nezhno: "Oh I am so kick but at Clue. You would get stomped." Nezhno chimed in.

Rogue: Rogue clapped as the speech ended and headed for the rest of the XU students while waiting for the band to finish setting up.

Adriana: "You wanna try me, fella?" Nezhno faced a comically angry girl with her hands on her hips. "Bet I'll totally beat you. In the library...with a candlestick..."

Hepzibah: "How about a nice game of 'Go Fish'?" Heps asked, joining in the applauding. She hadn't listened to the speech, but it sounded pretty.

Remy: "I'm gonna go take some of d' papers dat dey had here an' see if dey can spread dis club into more cities. It's a good way t' get postitive exposure."

Alex: Alex sucked in a sharp breath at the burning sensation that seemed to be focused in his hands. Everything still seemed to be in blue and white swirls, and there was the faint sound of something exploding.

Amara: "Good idea, Rem," Amara smiled, "And please don't fight you two...." She sighed at Nez and Adriana

Hepzibah: “Here, give some to me.” Hep offered, holding out her hand. “If they don't run away screaming at the sight of me or try to pull my tail, maybe there's hope for them.”

Adriana: "Fear the giraffe, it has no natural enemies!" She postured at Nez now.

Nezhno: "Oh we won't. Don't worry." Glaring at Adriana playfully. "We will duke it out in the lounge with the wrench."

Rogue: Rogue overheard Remy as she got closer and gave him a wave. "See ya, Cajun."

Amara: Amara rolled her eyes and turned away. There was no hope for them.

Adriana: "He called me a wench!"

Hepzibah: "Cheetahs," Hep warned Adriana over her shoulder as she wandered off. "Lions too. They jue love giraffes."

Miranda: ((BOOOOOOOOOOOOM! SOMETHING BLEW UP))

Adriana: "Oooohhh, that reminds me: Do they have giraffes where you come from, Nez...?" She turned around at the sudden noise.

Miranda: Miranda jumped at the sound. Where had that come from?!

Hepzibah: Hepzibah hit the ground on all fours, papers flying out of hands as she fell over. “What the HELL was that??”

Nezhno: "What the?!?!" Nezhno looked around for the source of whatever the hell it was.

Amara: Amara blinked, "That doesn't sound good..."

Wade: "Oh, you heard that too? Sorry, had this really weird tasting burrito earlier, and didn't thnk it was that loud."

Hepzibah: In a flash, Hep was back over with the rest of the group. “I think it's time to go.” She looked around, waiting for the sounds of sirens and police. "That sounded like an explosion!"

Amara: Amara stared at Wade for a moment then shook her head, "Yeah it did.... maybe we should find out what blew up?"

Nezhno: "I second that." Nez said in a quite worried tone.

Rogue: "Yeah. Maybe," she rolled her eyes and started towards the noise at a jog.

Amara: Amara followed Rogue, not in the least be worried by exploding things since she was immune to heat but she was concerned someone may have got hurt.

Miranda: "Oh my God! Terrorists!" Miranda watched the mutants from Xavier's take off and bit her lip. Or maybe not terrorists?

Alex: Everything was becoming a bit more clear, but not by much. He also wasn't entirely sure he wanted everything to be clear since he was pretty sure the windows blowing out and the first 'boom' had been his fault.

Hepzibah: "What are we - the Scoobey Doo gang??" Hep stared at them. "We should leave while we still can..."

Adriana: Adriana ran towards where the noise had come from in a hurry. She could feel screams of beetles and cockroaches all over the building and its surroundings. The blast had been huge.

Nezhno: "Right behind ya Rogue." As he followed after her. He looked back towards Hepzibah. "You gonna come?"

Amara: "If we run, it'll look like it's our fault." Amara told Hepzibah, "Besides, if we help out it can only do us good."

Miranda: People were panicking so Miranda scrambled up onto the stage and grabbed the mike. "Hey, guys! If everybody will just stay calm, we've already called the gas company. So let's just exit in a nice all orderly like fashion, okay?"

Rogue: "Fine, Hep, leave if ya want. It's ya own choice."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah growled her frustration, but followed after Adriana.

Adriana: She finally arrived at the center of the force that had gone off just a few moments ago (a small and slender body was good for squeezing past fleeing people) and there she saw a young man with ripped clothes. "Oh my God!"

Adriana: She rushed towards him and gve him a complete lookover to check for wounds. "Are you alright? What happened? Are you hurting?" She pulled aside pieces of clothing to search for blood or fractured bones sticking out.

Hepzibah: Hep followed her nose. She couldn't see Adriana anymore, but the girl's scent led the feline right to the source of what had to be the explosion. “Holy shit!” she breathed taking in the sight.

Rogue: Rogue cursed the fact that she had to hide she was a mutant now. Flying was so much faster. She swatted at Adriana's hands. "Don't touch him! Movin' anythin' could hurt him worse if things're hurt already."

Amara: Amara arrived shortly after and looked around, "Adriana be careful!" Didn't that girl ever think?!

Amara: Amara approached the boy and spoke as calmly as she could, "My name's Amara, we're here to help. Can you tell us what happened?"

Rogue: "Hey, sugah," Rogue said calmly to the guy, "Ya alright? Can ya talk?"

Adriana: "But maybe he's hurting?!" She started to tear up but still continued to search over him. "He'll die if we don#t help!...Like those sewer people!"

Alex: The burning and pressure had subsided to the prickling sensation he'd first felt. There were voices. He still couldn't quite make out what was being said. He blinked a few times, trying to focus. "Ugh..." Alex groaned.

Rogue: "Stop it!" She yelled at Adriana and sent a glare her way, "Calm down an' hush!"

Amara: "Calm down!" Amara urged Adriana, "He might be in shock."

Hepzibah: Hep pulled off her coat and stood beside Amara as she approached the boy. He looked like he was in bad shape. “Here, cover him up with this.”

Miranda: The other FoH members were helping the crowd exit, so Miranda jumped down from the stage and sprinted toward the door where the mutants had disappeared.

Rogue: Rogue knealt beside the kid and smiled when he made a noise. He was alive at least. "Thanks, Hep, but probably shouldn't if he's got burns on 'im."

Amara: Amara frowned, she took the coat from Hepzibah, "I'm not sure he'll need it - he feel a bit warm..."

Hepzibah: "It's not to keep him warm. It's to keep him hidden!" she corrected Amara, staring around. In the distance, her keen ears could already here the sound of sirens. "We gotta get out of here."

Wade: "Move it, move it, move it, pardon me," Wade had some manners when pushing past a good looking concerned 20 something year old girl, adding some hand gesture and mouthing Call Me to her, he followed the Miranda girl, finally finding the others with a new face on the floor.

Amara: Amara sighed and dropped the coat around the boys shoulders, "She's right we need to try and move him."

Rogue: "Ah told ya ta leave if ya want, Hepzibah, stop freakin' out. That don't help anythin'." Rogue clenched her jaw. "We cain't move him until we know how badly he's hurt."

Adriana: Finally she stepped away from the guy, slightly shaking and the giraffe head on head sadly bobbing to the side. "Why does this always happen around us...?"

Miranda: "Oh my God!" Miranda skidded to a halt when she found them. "Should I call an ambulance?"

Amara: Amara turned to Miranda, more panic, just what they needed, "No not yet, calm down. I think he's ok. Just in shock..."

Alex: All the voices at once were confusing. Well, he was just confused in general. How was he supposed to explain this to his parents? He took in a breath and felt something draped over him, swallowing, "Uh..." He blinked a few more times, his surroundings finally coming into focus. It didn't look anything like it had... "...W-what...hap...happened?"

Hepzibah: "They're almost here." Hep answered. "Either we take him with us or we let the humans deal with him, Rogue." The sirens were almost on them.

Amara: "We were hoping you could tell us," Amara said to the boy, "We heard an explosion. Did you see anything?"

Rogue: "Hey, sugah," Rogue gave a relieved smile to the boy as he started coming around. "Don't know, honestly... Heard an explosion an' found y'all here in tha middle o' all o' this... Ya alright? Feel ok enough ta sit up?"

Miranda: "...it sounds like maybe somebody already did." She looked around. Oh, right. Mutants. Non registered.... including her. "Is he a mutant too?"

Wade: "The dude speaks, he's healthy enough, just rub some dirt on it and have him walk it off." Wade suggested with his expertise in first aid.

Amara: Hepzibah's anxiety was making her twitchy too, she looked to Miranda again, "No idea. But Considering the state of him and the lack of obvious wounds I'd hazard a good guess at yes."

Hepzibah: "Either he's is a mutant, or the luckiest human on earth." Hep replied, staring at the kid.

Hepzibah: "In which case, he might still be a mutant." she mumbled, thinking of Neena.

Alex: "...Hi?" He sluggishly pushed himself up, looking around again. A puzzled expression crossed his face at the sight of Catwoman but he shook it off. Shit, where was his sister...? He looked back to the people, taking the seeing something question under consideration, "Everything was... bright..."

Miranda: "Um.... well maybe then we all... I mean, you guys all... and I could go too..." She flapped her hands. "We should go. The cops are coming."

Adriana: "Ah..." By now she had regained a bit of calm, so her (sometimes surprisingly bright) mind started to work again. "I...I think maybe it's best we go back to the mansion and take care of him there? Maybe he's radiating something or another?"

Amara: Amara looked at the boy again, "Everything was bright? What do you mean?"

Rogue: "Bright. Alright then. An' ya sittin' up! Good!" Rogue moved to a crouch and put an arm around his back and one under his knees, standing easily with him. "That ok? Anythin' hurt?"

Hepzibah: "Can't he explain it on the way??" Hep's tail was twitching madly. In her mind, she saw police swarming the place in moments.

Rogue: "Hepzibah ya ain't helpin'!"

Amara: Amara put her hand on Hepzibah's shoulder, "Calm down, it'll be alright."

Wade: "Well, Lady NoPower and Katja got a point, if we really don't wanna be questioned by the police or Sting, then we better get a move on. Or I could just throw myself in front of their cars, that could buy you some time." Wade suggested.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah was not comforted. Damn! Had none of these kids ever seen what happens when they take mutants?? "We should go." She spoke in as clear and simple terms as she knew how. "Now. Bring the boy with us."

Rogue: Rogue looked over at Miranda, "Everybody get out ok?"

Alex: Alex tensed as the girl picked him up, not quite ready to think about how she was able to pick him up, so he just nodded. "Just..." he flexed his hands and winced "...Sore."

Adriana: Her instincts told her that the uniformed men that were rapidly closing in while being observed by her little friends better should be held back by throwing a swarm of bees in their way, but this would probably raise unwanted questions. "They're comming, folks!"

Miranda: "Um, yeah... it's just us I think." She looked back toward the hall, then her eyes widened as the sirens cut off with a whoop. "Oh, shit."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah growled. The sound of sirens setting her nerves just about sending her over the edge. "Would you hurry it the HELL up?!"

Rogue: "Hepzibah y'all ain't tha only person here an' none of us are in charge of tha other. We need ta make sure he's ok before we move him or he could get worse." She looked down at him, "Sore is better'n in a lotta pain. Gonna getcha outta here, then ya can tell us more 'bout what ya think happened, 'kay?"

Amara: "We need a faster way out...." Amara frowned, "And I don't think I can melt enough to support everyone. Think we can get out before they spot us?"

Miranda: "Ummmmm...." Miranda thought. "OH! Service door! In the back! That's where the band unloaded all their shit. At least it'd get us out of the building!"

Rogue: Rogue nodded and headed that way, flying instead of running so she wouldn't jostle the kid. "Ah'm Rogue, by tha way," she mentioned to him. "What's y'all's name?"

Wade: "To the band wagon!" Wade suggested.

Alex: He just nodded again, considering he wasn't in a position to argue. He'd have to figure out where his sister went and how to explain where he's been to his parents later. They were going to be so pissed about him letting Haley go off by herself. At least he hoped she wasn't in the building when the explosion had happened. He glanced down at the ground and up at her, "Oh, uh...Alex..."

Adriana: Adriana hurried after Rogue, obviously not catching up to her flying.

Miranda: Now would be a real nice time for some kind of invisibility power to kick in. Miranda ran, nearly skidding by the back door in her slick shoes, then grabbed the metal handle and nearly fell outside.

Amara: Amara followed Rogue and the boy without hesitation, she didn't want another confrontation with mutant-hating types as long as she lived.

Miranda: The band's big beat-up van was still there, thankfully.

Hepzibah: Hepz wasted no time in beating a retreat towards the service exit. She looked over her shoulders sure the police were right on top of them. She felt the urge that she had felt in Danger Room. No! Not here. Please, Dear God, not here!

Amara: "Ok," Amara said, seeing the van, "Pile in! We'll borrow it and bring it back later."

Nezhno: "Works for me." Nezhno opened the door for Rogue to let her and the guy in.

Miranda: "Um... I don't know where Corey is and he had the keys...."

Amara: "Can anyone hotwire a car? I know how to drive but normally I have keys..."

Wade: Rolling his eyes, Wade scurried past Miranda, opening the driver's door, "Thank Ghandi people don't lock cars. Everyone, into the van, we're going for a ride." Wade yelled to the others while helping himself to the van's wiring.

Rogue: "Shit. Ah do." Rogue put the kid on the seat and helped buckle him in.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah stood back, waiting for the injured kid to be placed in, then motioned for Adriana to follow.

Adriana: She jumped into the van. There would be loads of troubles if they got caught...

Rogue: "Or Wade does," she grinned and buckled herself in next to Alex, making sure he was ok with sitting up.

Amara: Amara slid in next to the kid, "How're you holding up?" she asked him.

Miranda: Miranda's eyes bugged a little at all the hotwiring, but she got in the back too. "Oh my God, oh my God..."

Hepzibah: Hepz crawled into the ever shrinking space. "Are we all in?"

Wade: After a couple false starts, and a spark or two, the engine came to life, "Would you look at that, it worked. Huh."

Alex: Alex shook his head as he was placed in a seat. They were stealing a car... while the police were near? Wasn't that, like, not a good idea?

Wade: "Now, has everyone gone to the bathroom yet, I don't want to stop the van."

Miranda: Miranda sat down with a thump behind the driver's seat and pulled her knees up under her chin, watching the others. This was it. She was going to die. Either that crazy pudding guy would crash or they'd get caught by the cops and ... did they cut up mutants in little pieces if they caught them?

Amara: "Wade!" Amara growled, "Now is not the time!"

Hepzibah: "Do you know where the gas pedal is??" Hep snapped, her tail whipping around her madly.

Wade: "Hang tight everyone, next stop, Disney world!" Wade placed the pedal to the metal.

Adriana: "Go, go, go!" She rapidly poked the back of Wade's head. "They'll be really pissed off if they get us!"

Alex: He let his head fall back and rest on the back of the seat, sitting upright with a start as the van jerked.

Nezhno: Nezhno looked back and saw the police crash through the door as the van sped off.

Hepzibah: Hep's claws caught the upholstery of the captain's chair as Wade peeled off. Jesus Christ! She should have just stayed in the circus! That wasn't HALF this crazy!

Amara: Amara relaxed slightly as the started moving. They'd be fine now. She gave the boy a reassurring smile.

Wade: Wade slowed down to normal speed when they were passing a police car. He was half tempted to nod to the police man and acknowledge him, saying Ociffer. Luckily he just drove on. Normally. Very wily he thought.

Miranda: Miranda was afraid to look out the back windows of the van, but everybody seemed to be calmer now.

Alex: Gulping, Alex vaguely wondered whether he'd been better off with the cops... "Sooo... where are we going...?"

Hepzibah: "No Adrana. They'll by thrilled if they catch us." Hep settled onto the floor. "Just more proof of how dangerous we are." She rest her head against the panel and felt the vibration of the wheels under them.

Amara: "We're going somewhere safe." Amara told him, "You don't have to be afraid."

Adriana: "He is okay!," she finally noticed, crouching over to the boy and beaming at him brightly. "How are you feeling? You look fine, so I guess good? We'll be going to a nice place where people will look for you! One of them is a grumpy German I think, but he's really only a big teddy bear!"

Hepzibah: "Safer than staying where we were anyhow." She smiled at the kid. "Got a name?"

Miranda: Miranda chewed on her lip, watching the cat lady. That's exactly what she was afraid of.

Amara: Amara blinked at Adriana and her girraffe head, "Adriana, remember what we said about scaring people...?"

Alex: He blinked at the girl with the weird hat, then at Catwoman, "Um... Alex..."

Miranda: Now that she could see the girl with two bobbing heads up close, she realized that was just a hat. She just barely resisted poking it.

Hepzibah: She smiled and extended her hand, then looking at it for a moment, retracted her claws. “Sorry about that. Hepzibah."

Amara: Amara smiled at the boy, "My name's Amara."

Adriana: "I'm not scaring him! I learned that you have to talk with the wounded in the army!" She hesitated for a moment...no one was supposed to know about her little stint in the Queen's forces..."...salvation army, you know..."

Miranda: "Miranda." She gave the raggedy guy a little wave. Wow... she was... really a criminal now. Not just a criminal by omission with the whole mutant thing.

Amara: Amara frowned, "He doesn't look wounded to me."

Alex: His eyes widened at the claws, but Alex reached up to shake her hand anyway as he tried to ignore how much his hands hurt, "Nice to, uh, meet you all..."

Rogue: "No, he looks fine... Ya got any cuts or feel any burns anywhere?"

Nezhno: "You caused quite a little show out there." Nezhno smiled and leaned foraward. "Name's Nezhno by the way."

Alex: "I don't think so..." Alex shook his head and gave a hesitant smile. They all seemed... nice...

Amara: "That's good." Amara gave him another smile, "Can you remember what happened now?"

Miranda: Miranda got an idea and raised up to her knees, leaning over Wade's seat. "Hey, when we get... wherever we're going, I guess maybe I could call Corey and drive the van back. He's got the hots for me so I can totes talk him out of pressing charges if he thinks I freaked out and stole the van."

Wade: Wade leaned back to Miranda and said, "He must really have the hots for you, not sure if his keys will still work with the hotwiring."

Amara: Amara glanced at Miranda, "Sounds good to me." She smiled at her, "You're a handy one to have around."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah couldn't hear any sirens behind them. Maybe they had actually gotten away with this. She gave a little sigh of relief. "Miranda!" Hep scolded. "Are you serious??"

Miranda: Miranda shrugged. "Um... I'll just have to turn up the wiles, then, won't I?" She grinned, but really... she did tend to get her way.

Adriana: "Miri, you're a darling!" She siddled over to the nice girl. "Want my help to woo him? Maybe we can make him pop something?" She poked her with a naughty smile.

Rogue: "Hey, whatever works, Miri." Rogue looked Alex over a bit more, "So what do ya think happened? Can ya explain any of it ta us, maybe?"

Wade: Wade suddenly yelled," A cherry?!"

Miranda: Miranda giggled at the hat girl. "I think if he's got a cherry he isn't telling us something vital."

Hepzibah: "Drive Wade." Hepz growled.

Alex: "I was, uh, out with my sister... since we're on vacation, and I got mad because some guys were messing with her..." Pausing for a moment, he debated how to explai what had happened next, "I got really... disoriented, everything went bright and burned, and boom."

Miranda: Miranda's smile slipped off a little. "Just boom, like that? Did you know you were a mutant... like, before the boomy?"

Rogue: "Ya sister? Where was she when we found y'all? Did she run out?" Crap...

Amara: Amara rolled her eyes at Wade's outburst, and felt sorry for Alex who wasn't used to him. She listened as Alex told them what he remembered. If he'd been the cause of the explosion.... There was no sign of anyone else. She bit her lip and stared down at the floor.

Adriana: "Noooo, dirty girl!" She giggled, realeasing the tension that she had felt for quite a while now. "I meant a vein or something!"

Miranda: "Oh! "Hee, yeah, we could totally make him pop a vein along with the boner." She giggled a little hysterically herself, still worried about this booming thing.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah had to laugh. "That was subtle." She turned towards Alex. Poor guy was freaked out enough.

Wade: Wade turned the van through a couple corners and finally slowed down to a stand still. He rolled down his window a leaned out and said, "Hi, yeah, quarter pounder, with cheese, strawberry shake, err, and if you still got that MRA Kids club kiddies meal toys, can I get the kiddies meal? No? Leave it then." He sat back. "Oh wait, you guys want anything?" he asked the rest.

Alex: "I'm... a mutant?" The puzzled expression had returned to his face. He'd seen all the stuff on the news, but... "I don't know where my sister went, but she wasn't there when you found me..."

Adriana: "Uhmm...a coke?"

Hepzibah: "You have got to be Freakin' kidding me!" she snarled at Wade. "Can't you wait till we're back at the mansion??"

Rogue: "What tha fuck, Wade?! Get movin'!" Rogue sighed and turned back to Alex, "Well... Maybe not. But looks like it."

Amara: Amara was startled by the food order but her stomach was boss now, "Fries! Lots of Fries! And a coke!... Wait... milkshake... gah!" She gave up.

Miranda: "Pudding maybe..." she snorted.

Wade: "And two cokes and fries, large fries. Thanks." Wade added above the snarling, "Yeah, sorry about that, the cat's been acting up all day." he sat back and drove to the next window to pay.

Hepzibah: “If we live through this, I'm going to beat you to DEATH.” Hep promised Wade, slapping him in the back of the head.

Amara: Amara tossed Wade a five dollar bill, to cover her food.

Amara: "I think his priorities are just fine." She told Hepzibah, "We're alright now. And all that stress made me hungry."

Nezhno: Nezhno just sat in the back of the van and smirked at the rest of the group. He every so often looked back to see if any police had found them, but so far nothing.

Alex: Alex blinked as he realized they were going through the drive thru. He really needed to pay more attention to where exactly they were taking him.

Hepzibah: "Funny, all this stress if making me want to freak out and start killing things again." Hepzibah growled. If anyone made any sudden moves she was certain she was going to turn into pyscho kitty again.

Wade: At the final window Wade passed the food back, "I'm just bummed they don't sell those MRA kiddies meals anymore, I almost had the whole collection." He slurped his pink milkshake and got the car in gear again.

Adriana: "I want to put those figures on a top hat, you know?" She took her coke and started to slurp noisily.

Amara: Amara accepted her food gratefully, "I have a couple of those things lying around my room," she told Wade, "You're welcome to look at them and take any you're missing." She wasn't going to say why she had so many.

Hepzibah: "Nezho, I don't hear anything. Do you see anything back there?" Hepzibah asked as she was bumped around on the floor when the van moved back on the road again.

Nezhno: "Nothing so far. But I will breathe a hell of a lot easier when we get home."

Hepzibah: "You and me both.'' she answered. "Wade, can you not put that stupid milkshake down and concentrate on driving??" She growled as the van made a crazy weave in and around traffic.

Alex: "Where's home, exactly...?"

Wade: "They're really adorable, like some kind of racial toys that only happens once and you'll never see again until you open grandpa's wartrunk and find them." Wade kept talking, "I got Fishwald the Fishboy, Smokey the Firestarter...you know, for a cat, you're not very quiet and easy going, are you?"

Hepzibah: "Well, I'm from Nebraska myself. How about you?" Hepz laughed. This whole thing was shot to Hell anyway. Might as well have a laugh.

Rogue: "Home is Xavier University. It's a place where all mutants are welcome an' it's safe. Ya don't gotta stay if ya don't wanna, but it might be a good idea just f' a few hours at least. An' we can find ya some better clothes, yeah?"

Hepzibah: Hepz brandish her claws and hovered them behind the driver's seat for a moment. No, it wouldn't hurt him. Not really. But it would feel so good.

Amara: "Heps, Want some fries?" Amara offered to share to distract the girl.

Alex: "I live in Hawaii..." he answered, looking down at himself. His clothes were pretty trashed... "That... sounds good. And, I could call my parents...?"

Rogue: "Of course. Ya wanna call 'em now? Could use mah phone." She took it out of her pocket and offered it to him.

Hepzibah: "Only if I can stick it up drive-thru dum dum's nose up there!" Hepz answered Amara in a snarl. Her tail was twitching in her lap like an angry metronome.

Alex: Alex glanced around the van at all the people and shook his head, "I can wait until we get there."

Amara: Amara frowned, "Not sure that's a good idea - he's driving." She patted Hepzibah gentley, "And I think you can calm down now. We're not being followed, are we?"

Adriana: "It's a really cool place! Lots of interesting beetles!" She gave Alex a thumbs up and a wink.

Rogue: "Alright." She shoved it back in her pocket with a shrug. Rogue turned to Hepzibah. "Calm down. We're fine now. Ain't no need f' this. Ya ain't tha only one here who ain't registered who has a bad history, alright? We're fine."

Hepzibah: Hepz let Amara pet her. As much as she hated to admit it, it was kind of soothing. "I'll be sure to remember that while we're all being expermimented on." she huffed, but not as vehemently as before.

Alex: Beetles... He made a slight face.

Rogue: Rogue took a deep breath at that and cracked her neck. "Shut it, Hepzibah b'fore Ah shut it f' ya. Ya have no idea what some of us have been through, but ya might wanna take tha time ta ask when ya calm down."

Amara: Amara gave a light chuckle and gave Hepzibah a squeeze, "Don't worry," She soothed, "We're not that easy to capture even if they did catch up with us."

Wade: "Children, don't make me turn this car around." Wade said.

Rogue: "Do it an' Ah'm takin' tha wheel," she threatened Wade. "We all just need ta take a breath an' calm tha fuck down."

Hepzibah: Hepz just shut her eyes and day dreamed of the fields where she used to play as a kid. "Believe it or not, I actually agree with you Rogue. This once."

Wade: "Woaw there girl, calm down, no need for fuckin' profanities. Red light." Wade stopped the car.

Amara: Amara sighed, Hepzibah wasn't the only one that needed to chill out. She gave Rogue a look and squeezed Hepzibah's shoulders again.

Wade: "Green light"

Alex: Alex shifted slightly in his seat, glancing down at the floor, "So, if you're all mutants.... what can you each do?"

Hepzibah: Hepz finally opened her eyes and stared at Alex. Geez, at least they hadn't kidnapped her! They sent the damned dog to find her, geniuses that they were, but leaving with them had been her choice. "I can do a cartwheel."

Rogue: "Mah main power is absorption. Don't touch mah skin an' it's a lot ta explain now, but Ah cain't control it. Also can fly, invulnerable, real strong, an' a couple other things... Got those from someone Ah absorbed though."

Amara: Amara looked over at Alex and opened her free hand, creating a small flame on her palm, "This is just a small taste. I can make all of me look like that." She closed her hand again, putting the flame out.

Wade: "Oh oh oh, I can show you what I can do, I just need to speed the van up really fast and ram something. But first need to unbuckle, what do you say, you up for it?"

Amara: Amara eye's widened at Wade's question, "No!"

Rogue: "Not now, Wade. Have someone hurt ya later."

Adriana: "I can tell bugs what to do!"

Hepzibah: "I volunteer." Hepz answered Rogue with a grin.

Nezhno: "I can grow... really, really big.... And don't even think about it Wade." Nezhno said as he wagged his finger at him.

Hepzibah: "When he says big. He means really really big." Hepz smiled. "It not what I can do so much as what I am, I suppose. I don't just look like a cat."

Wade: "She purrs like one too!" Wade helped.

Alex: Alex listened carefully to all the different powers, head tilting to one side at Mara's demonstration, "Yeah, I'll pass on crashing into something, but otherwise everything sounds kinda cool..." Now, he just had to figure out what exacty he did back at that building...

Rogue: "So... Ya think y'all caused that explosion? Or maybe ya sister did?"

Alex: "I think I did." He didn't really want to drag Haley into this mess.

Hepzibah: "Any idea where you're sister might be?" Hepz asked, choosing to ignore Wade. "Anyone else there with you?"

Rogue: "How do ya think ya did it? What happened b'fore tha explosion?" Maybe his powers work like Remy's?

Alex: "Hopefully went back to the hotel to find our parents," Alex shrugged, "Haley was arguing with some ass... I mean, guy. I got mad, and then... I don't really know how to explain it..."

Rogue: "Try, darlin'." Rogue put her hand on his shoulder and gave him an encouraging smile.

Wade: After a while they finally pulled up to Xavier's Mansion. "Alright kiddies, we're home, everyone out, Miranda and I need to head back to the watchamacallit place to give whatshisface back his van. Plus I think this girl there liked me."

Alex: Leaning back in his seat, Alex tried to think of how to say everything, "I don't know. Maybe I can try once I have clothes that aren't falling apart and stuff? I mean, you said I could stay for a few hours..."

Rogue: "Ya can stay as long as ya need. C'mon, ya can borrow some of mah boyfriend's clothes. Ya about tha same size as him." She smiled and got out of the van.

[Edited on 26-3-2009 by Slarti]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

3/21 Game: With a Bang

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:thumbup
Alex
Rocks.

Though I am concerned about the sister.

[Edited on 22/3/2009 by steyn]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS