Read our full Game transcripts here!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

12/13 Game: This is my Boomstick!

Post by Ferguson »

Game date: Saturday, Oct. 2

Kyle: Kyle watched the shiny new toys that was lying in front of him. Paintballs. He wondered if it would be hard getting out of th fur. He then wondered if he should test it out on Vic first.

Victor: Vic tightened up his boots before scratching at his wrist absently. His gun was sitting beside him, with his goggles and helmet. He was in old uniform - bar the tee shirt, he didn't want to put up with fur going the wrong way - and the combats were out at the knees and had stitched-up bullet holes but he wouldn't feel right without it, damnit.

Selene: Selene stepped over to the boxes with the shiny new toys that had been delivered earlier. She had a strange sparkle in her eyes as she glanced over the paintball guns. "Who in their right mind would supply us with guns," she wondered. "Not that I would complain, that it."

Jason: There was something appealing about the idea of shooting one's classmates. Jason smiled, looking down at the rifle in his hands. "Someone who wanted me to be almost obscenely happy."

Selene: Knowing that they were going for some physical exercise in the woods or something like that, Selene had tried to dress appropriately, actually wearing army pants in camouflage pattern and a matching tank top, rounded off by a pair of her usual heavy boots.

Victor: Vic looked up at that. "I dunno, darlin', I got a licence t' use real guns now." He picked up his gun, minus a pod for now, and sighted down it. "Not as much fun as holdin' my machine gun, but hey." He aimed for Jason's ass and smirked. This was going to be way too much fun.

Nezhno: "Are you sure about that Jason? Maybe it was to make the rest of us happy." Nezhno said as he picked up the gun.

Selene: "In any case, I can see a lot of fun coming from this," Selene added, picking up one of the guns. "Though, I prefer sharp or blunt objects usually, for they are more personal. I wonder how much these things sting."

Jason: "Your happiness is just an inconsequential side effect." Well, maybe it wasn't all fun. There wasn't anything quite like Mustafa gunning for your ass.

Kyle: Kyle followed suit and picked up his. Not being much of a big gun enthusiast, Kyle much preferred getting up close where all the fun is, but then again...just point and click seemed fun too.

Kyle: "How bad are these?" that didn't sound right Kyle thought, "I..uhh..I mean, do they hurt?" he asked, and then, "How does it work? Just...just point and shoot?"

Selene: Selene grabbed one of the large goggles, made of clear plastic. "Hm, I guess that means as much as 'please stop shooting me in the eyes'. I wonder if the goggles actually do anything."

Victor: Vic looked down at his gun, running his fingers along the barrel, squeezing the trigger gently and generally getting a feel for the weight. Barely the same as his basic issue handgun. Hmph. Sighting down it again, he couldn't shake feeling a little uneasy about it. Ah well. Probably just automatic reaction from Afghan. He shrugged it off.

Jason: "Goggles do nothing as a rule, don't they? And it is a pellet projectile so I doubt it's exactly a pleasant experience." He shook his head a bit and glanced out towards the woods. "So, are we about ready?"

Selene: "Will we simply go at each others throats, or will we try to go with the whole - eventually futile - experiment to form teams and use some kind of tactic?" Selene fidgeted with her gun, finding that the mechanism was pretty self-explanatory. "Ah, that's where you put the pellets."

Victor: Vic decided to toss the helmet but keep the goggles. Paint in the eyes kinda sucked. "So long as everyone's pretty much kitted ou', I guess." He pulled his hair into a tight ponytail, twisted it into a bun and tucked it under the black bandana. Too used to having to do it in the army, damnit.

Jason: "Oh but it's so much fun to watch the teams fall apart. I think we must do that." Oh Jason was already looking foward to shooting his team in the back. He wasn't putting forth any effort in keeping the smirk at the thought from his face either.

Victor: "I'm too used t' workin' in a team not to." Vic smirked. "Who wants t' be on th' army guy's side?"

Kyle: Kyle looked over to Selene where she was investigating her own gun, and then looked to his own. He caught on to how it worked. "Wait wait, goggles," Kyle quickly grabbed a pair and snapped them on. He winced.

Selene: "Hm, I guess it's worth a try," Selene agreed with a nod. "Simply for the laughs of seeing us fail at it horribly."

Jason: "It's the truest form of mirth I know."

Nezhno: "So shall we just divide up and get started?" Nezhno asked as he loaded his gun.

Selene put on the goggles to shield her eyes, but left the rest of the protective gear off, simply because she thought that it looked dorky. "Hey, I think this is the switch to get these things going...," She flipped a switch and pulled the trigger. A red dot of paint appeared on one of the boxes next to Kyle.

Victor: Vic picked up a pod of paintballs, clipping them in, before filling his pockets with spare ones. Just like training, really. He pulled on his mask but left the goggles sitting on top of his bandana for now.

Kyle: Kyle flinched and accidentally squeezed his gun's trigger, letting ball shoot of at Jason's feet.

Victor: Vic blinked at the shots and stepped back quickly. "Can we wait til we get in th' woods, guys?" His voice was muffled a little by the mask.

Jason: "Oi!" Jason stepped back. "Yes, woods. Apparently some of us have itchy trigger fingers."

Selene: "So, who's teaming up with whom," Selene asked as they started to head towards the woods. "And what do we when we're hit?"

Kyle: "Shoot back?" Kyle suggested.

Victor: Vic smirked and picked up his fingerless gloves, pulling them on and tightening them. "What th' boy said." He picked up his gun and held it loosely. "We gonna bother wit' the whole 'yer out if you're hit' thing or jus' keep goin' and add up splats later?"

Moonbeam: Moon came from the bushed, picked up a gun, loaded it, and inspected the barrel while pulling the trigger. The bullet splatted with forceful impact into her forehead. "Hm." She wiped off the paint stain. "Looks like fun." She smiled devilishly to Jason.

Selene: "I'm for going on and worrying about the bruises later," Selene remarked.

Jason: "Count later, more enjoyable that way. You get to be attacked by painted zombies. What's better?" Jason shrugged.

Nezhno: "Ok so now that that's settled. We still have this little issue of teams?" Nezhno interjected.

Jason: And, as if on cue, a painted zombie entered the room. "Hello Moon. Well, now that we're evened out Selene, Vic, and Moon for one and the rest of us for another?"

Moon pointed the gun to Jason's chest and fired a round. "Deal." She said smiling.

Victor: Vic looked at his two team members. Alright. Trigger-happy insane chick and....Moon. Who smelt wrong. Heh. "Sounds....peachy."

Selene: "Hey Moon," Selene gave her a wave, then looked between her and Vic. "Looks like fun."

Jason: "...is there a problem with waiting to go to the woods?" Okay, these things really did sting like a bitch.

Nezhno: "I'm just gonna say one thing Jason. If you even think of firing on me, you will have one pissed off giant on your hands." Nezhno said with a smirk.

Victor: Vic checked his mask was comfortable. "Moon, no chest shots. Y' can kill someone that way, doll, an' I don' want casualties. I'm meant t' be on leave."

Selene: "Where should we aim for then," Selene asked, joining her team members, smirking. "That doesn't leave much room to inflict some pain."

Moonbeam: Moon frowned. "Sorry Vic." She felt ashamed for having forgotten that just because it doesn't hurt to her doesn't mean the same thing applied for everyone else. "Butt shots ok?"

Jason: "A pissed off giant who would have to find me to do anything." Jason gave Nezhno a bit of a smirk and wished that he had said Moon and Selene for his team. They seemed quite gung-ho after all.

Victor: Vic sighed. "Point's not t' cause pain. Join th' army if that's yer idea of fun."

Victor: "Ass, legs, back, shoulders, arms. Head an' chest - and crotch, damnit - are off-limits."

Kyle: Kyle lowered his gun at the mention of crotch being off limits.

Moonbeam: Moon frowned as she pointed her gun away from Jason's crotchal-area. "Boo."

Jason: "...What did I ever do to you? I mean aside for the zombie jokes."

Selene: "I'm afraid I'm not that good at following orders," Selene replied with a dry laugh. "Hm, yeah, doesn't leave much indeed. But fine by me. Aiming for people's butts sounds entertaining, too. And humiliating enough for the victim."

Victor: "I'm sure mos' blokes would like t' still have sex when all's said an' done, darlin'." Vic grinned behind the mask.

Moonbeam: "You waved to me." Moon said seriously with her eyes squinting towards his. "That demands a paintball to the anus."

Jason: "I promise to fully ignore you in the future." Jason had been considering leading the way out to the woods but he wasn't too keen on having Moon knowingly behind him.

Victor: He pulled down the goggles, snapping them to the mask, and smirked. Oh joys. "Well, no deaths, but shoot t' kill, guys." Jus' call me Sarge.

Moonbeam: Moon nodded. "Deal." She did the classic DeNiro "i'm watching you" motion to Jason and then to Nez, and tore off into the woods giggling viciously.

Selene: "Hey, I never aim to kill," Selene tossed in, heading into the woods with a wicked grin on her lips. "How could you continue to torment your enemies if you kill them?"

Kyle: Kyle watched Moon run off. "Glad I'm not with her." he muttered. "She's...not right."

Jason: "She...is batshit." Jason lost the words he was actually going for to more fully describe Moon as he started off towards the woods. "I don't know, would rather have her aiming at other people than at us at the moment."

Victor: Vic gave Selene a flat look as he followed her. "You don'." He said. "Trus' me. Now. You wan' my input here as a sergean' or do I let ya get shot up?"

Selene: Selene looked over her shoulder at her teammates. "Very well. Enlighten us, oh great warrior."

Moonbeam: "Do we work in teams? Do we get codewords? And what happens if I throw my hand at someone?" She asked, her cracked smile overpowering her. She loved this!

Victor: "Work in teams, no, an' definately no throwin' body parts." Vic shook his head as he led them a little deeper and away from the other team. "I think bein' stealthy little shits an' shootin' 'em in the back migh' be the way t' go, ya know?"

Moonbeam: "I can float for a bit." Moon said, her eyes darting back and forth. "That stealthy? Or should I just stuff myself in a hollow log and wait like a sniper in the rain?"

Selene: "Sneaking and backstabbing, that's just my cup of tea!" Selene gave another grin, crouching close to the ground as she moved between the trees.

Jason: Trees. Cover. Thank fuck. Jason only went a bit in before stopping to listen for the others. Well, this was at least an interesting way to waste an afternoon.

Selene: "By the way, did anyone hear anything about not using our powers," Selene asked, stopping behind the roots of a fallen tree.

Victor: "That's what I though'." Vic lowered his voice and hunkered down. "Righ'. Moon, floatin's good. Stay behin' trees, be as quiet as possible. Sel, y' got the idea. Spread ou', but stay where ya can see each other, got it?" He paused. "Not usin' powers? Tha's like askin' me not t' breathe." He muttered. "Screw tha'. Use 'em."

Moonbeam: "Aw!" Moon sighed. "Is that a rule? How do I turn off being awesome!?"

Jason: Jason glanced over at his teammates. "I'd tell you not to hold back on powers but you can't exactly turn yours off and I think being giant would go against the point." He looked at them in turn, smirking. "I'm going for it though."

Warlock: Warlock sat amoungst the branches, silent and as pacient as a stone. He'd retrived his gun and painballs earlier and had been waiting out here for everyone else to come out, his eyes and face were vacent, they were comming closer ... needed to test ...

Selene: "Excellent," Selene replied, peeking out from behind her cover. "Perhaps I should have watched more war movies before doing this. Though, how hard can it be to point this thing at someone and pull the trigger. I can't guarantee that I'm a good enough shot to not hit any of the forbidden parts."

Victor: Vic checked over the gun one more time. "Y'd be surprised, Sel. Guns ain' all that easy. Righ'. Off we go, ladies. Have fun." With that, he slipped into the undergrowth. Just like training.

Moonbeam: Moon began to somersault on the dirt, rolling about with her gun and then twirling it on her index finger. "Blam! Blam! I'll be ya Huckleberry..." She whispered. "Oh! I hear something! oh wait it's just me." She snorted. "Whoops."

Selene: Selene stayed very close to the ground as she moved out from behind her cover. She turned her head to watch Vic go his own way. "I'll just try it and see," she whispered to herself. She gave Moon a look. "Right. In every war movie, there's one to bite it first. I'd say that would be you, but I guess you beat us to that a long time ago."

Victor: Vic shook his head as he glanced back at the sounds before doing his silent-cat-in-the-woods thing, being careful to keep the two girls in his sights but apart from that, on his own.

Jason: Jason's eyebrow arched up as he heard a good deal of crunching off to his left. Peering around his tree carefully he smirked. There was Moon and it was time to have revenge for that shot earlier. Taking careful aim, he let a pellet fly at her back before putting up a proper illusion to blend into the surroundings.

Moonbeam: Moon nodded. "Affirmative. You're right, it's time to lose the goofyness." She put her serious face on. Lifting herself slightly from the ground she hovered over the dirt, her gun pointed straight ahead of her. In her head she sang "Come on... hit me, hit me, hit me!"

Nezhno: Nez decided to stay low and hidden. He crouched behind a huge tree and saw Jason shoot Moon.

Moonbeam: Moon turned her head at the random impact on teh small of her back. She flumped to the ground and grunted. "Aw, poopy!"

Selene: Selene tried to draw from her experience of creeping around and hunting in the woods before, even though never with a gun before that day. Discovering a patch of taller grass, she hid inside it.

Selene: Her head snapped around at Moon's voice, wondering if the girl had hit herself again.

Warlock: Warlock didn't move to see look at Vic, he didn't need eyes to see after all. He shifted his hand, the one holding the gun, and elongated it, twisting it around the branches so it didn't make a sound. Victor might not be able to smell him but he could hear him if he made too much noise.

Jason: Well, haven't completely lost my aim at least. Jason smiled, pleased he had hit his target and kept himself quiet though amused at her reaction.

Victor: Vic relied mostly on his hearing and sense of smell, eyes narrowed and gun ready as he moved. Now. Who to go for first....shame there wasn't any wind. He could use it now. Hmm. Jason? Or Kyle?

Kyle: Kyle had broken away from the other two, and as sly as he could, moved around the big noise of Moon and the shot. Following his nose more than sight, Kyle piced up Selene's scent. He would have preferred Vic though. He knows Vic's somewhere.

Victor: Or hell, why not shoot Moon too. He didn't have to own up to it, after all, and she wouldn't know it was him...

Moonbeam: Moon decided it was time to be clever. For once. She found a small indent in the earth. Putting herself in it, she pulled leaves over herself and peeked barely any of the barrel of her gun out of the foliage she was covered in. She didn't breathe, so no one would notice... except Kyle.

Victor: ....Same with Selene, actually. Vic grinned. Hell, clock up at least a hit on everyone. It'll be a good challenge.

Selene: Selene's eyes darted from one side to the other as she tried to discover any of the other students. Her senses might not have been nearly as sharp as Vic's, but she had some others to compensate for that shortcoming. Still, no one to be seen from this position.

Jason: Jason pouted, disappointed that nobody had come into his sight to scavenge his kill. Well, there wen that idea for an easy pick off. It was time to switch places he supposed. He smiled, absolutely loving his power as he crept, cancelling out himself with his illusion.

Selene: A smirk appeared on her face as she got an idea. An unusual one, certainly, but maybe even one that would do some good. Giving up her cover, she leaped up to a fallen tree trunk and ran along its length in plain sight, trying to draw some fire, before jumping into cover behind a rock.

Warlock: Moving below the branches his arm hung like a snake before going forward, behind Vic's head, closer and closer till the muzzle just lightly touched the back of it

Victor: Vic felt something touch the back of his head and smelt paint - gunagainstheadnotgoodnotgood - and jerked, turning enough to spot it out of the corner of his eye before it went off, hitting him just below an ear.

Warlock: Warlock pulled the trigger, felt the blood and paint splatter against his hand and his gun before pulling it back up quickly as Victor fell down.

Moonbeam: Moon watched Selene run by her and hoped she was running from someone to draw them into her line of sight, and not to someone.

Kyle: Kyle stayed away from the stench of...not rightness and crept closer to Selene's scent when he saw her run around and hide again. Weird.

Victor: Vic was unconcious when he hit the floor, blood running out of his ear and nose. A few moments later, he twitched and groaned and rolled on his back, tail twitching through the leaves. "Oh god ow."

Selene: Selene whirled around on the forest floor, looking down the way that she had just ran along, trying to spot anyone aiming or shooting at her. Well, there was Moon. And Vic. Who lied on the floor. Was he playing dead?

Warlock: Warlock pulled his hand up to normal lenght and peered down between the branches at Victor ... he was recovering sufficently, and no one seemed to have noticed the shot as well. He still hadn't been detected.

Moonbeam: Moon peeked out from under her leaves to a groaning Vic. "Time out?" Moon asked. She emerged from her mossy leaf pit and pointed her gun around the surrounding area, scanning for anyone waiting to pick her off. Whatever, it's not like it would hurt her.

Victor: He blinked up at the treetops, waiting for his vision to stop doubling before scowling and pulling off his mask and goggles and wiping the blood off his nose. "Fucker!" Nothing was behind the trees around him, which meant treetops, which probably meant Kyle. "Y're dead, boy!"

Kyle: Kyle picked up another shuffle, and was pretty certain a smell of blood. He was sure the paintballs weren't supposed to go through bodues, where they? Then there was the yell.

Nezhno: Nezhno decided it was time to actually hide somewhere else. He darted as fast as he could and went into a little ditch.

Selene: Selene followed Vic's gaze to the treetops. Why hadn't she thought of hiding there, as well?

Victor: Pulling the mask back on and wiping the blood that was sticking on his neck, he shoved the gun into his belt and dug his claws into the trunk, climbing up it. Damnit, that had hurt.

Selene: Her head snapped around as she caught Nezhno running to the side of them, and quickly sent a couple of pellets in his general direction.

Moonbeam: Moon looked up at the trees. "Charlie?" She asked herself. She looked around and heard a scuffling Nez. She snorted and did the same as Selene. "I think he found my ditch... or one near it."

Jason: Jason changed directions when he heard a thunk and leaves rattling again and saw Vic down. Someone was taking this game a bit too seriously if they had actually managed to get him down. He seemed to be alright though and was already making death threats...so the game could continue. He took a shot, slipping to a hiding spot as he wasn't quite certain how well his tricks worked on Vic.

Kyle: Kyle lifted his head, looking up to Vic climbing a tree...it was suh an easy target...and he did say the behind was a target. He lifted his gun and shot.

Nezhno: Nezhno realized that he had been spotted and jumped out of the ditch as a paintball or two hit him in the back. He saw a large fallen tree and jumped behind it.

Selene: Selene knelt behind her small rock, turning her head into the other direction after Nezhno had hid in a ditch. There was Kyle shooting at Vic, who in turn was busy climbing trees. She raised her gun and let loose some shots towards the fuzzy kid.

Victor: Vic felt two more stings and swore again, grabbing a handy branch and swinging into the foliage. Idiot, staying out in the open. He deserved the hours of pain he was going to have getting the paint out of his fur. Now, where the hell was the asshole who shot him? Then he'd get vengance for the other shots.

Kyle: After a series of stings hit Kyle's back and side, he quickly cringed, duck and hid in that order.

Jason: Listening for other shots being fired, Jason smiled as he saw Kyle and Selene. The question now was who first...well, he hadn't gotten anyone from his own team yet but well, ladies first. Jason got off a quick shot at Selene, moving before he could see if it hit it's mark or not.

Moonbeam: Moon made random fake army signals with her hands to indicate to Selene she was going in for Nez. Running after him, and doing some more tucking and rolling, she finally spotted his back and shouted "ah-ha! "

Selene: Noticing the successful hit, a triumphant smirk crept to Selene's lips. It vanished when something hard and fast hit her right in the back. She dropped to the ground and rolled onto her back, aiming down between her legs into the general direction of the shot.

Victor: Vic shifted to another branch and suddenly caught sight of Warlock, watching him and holding a paintball gun that had a muzzle splatted with paint and little specks of blood. "You?" He said incredulously. "Y' idiot! D' ya know what that'd've done t' someone who don' have healin'? Jesus, 'Lock, I thought y' were a sensible guy!"

Jason: Damnit! Jason winced as he was hit, belatedly remembering to add the paint splatter to be removed in his illusion. Had been doing so well too.

Warlock: "Self would not have done it to an individual who did not posess your mutation," Warlock said simply, turning his head to look at Victor.

Nezhno: Nezhno was waiting for someone to come and take him on. He whirled around a nearby tree and laid a few shots in Moon's diretion as he ran past her and ducked into a nearby bush.

Victor: Vic sighed, feeling the irritation leave him and shaking his head. "Well, it was stupid." Does that mean y' were aimin' fer me in particular, kid? What did it matter? He'd healed, hadn't he? "Tha' was a dirty li'l shot, ya bastard." He grinned. "Wanna be on my team, mate?"

Moonbeam: Moon felt the pellets hit her shoulder and her arms and as she fired off some of her own, she snorted in aggravation. "Tricky little...mmmf." She lifted herself off the ground to float about silently. Slowly she made her way over to Nez's bush, her gun pointed outwards.

Moonbeam: As she came around the edge of the bush, she wondered where Jason had got off to...

Warlock: "That would be advisable, who is on your team?" Warlock asked, still in that emotionless voice.

Nezhno: Nez saw that Moon was coming for him. So he decided to go the sneaky route again. He backed up from the bush and crawled into a nearby ditch, waiting for Moon to come into sight.

Selene: Selene raised her head, trying to make out if she had hit anything. There was Jason, right in the open. She shot again... and only hit the tree behind him. Dammit! The boy was in her head with those weird illusions.

Victor: Vic shook his head. Warlock was a little creepy. Maybe he'd just....run out of energy or....something. "Moon an' Selene. Sounds like they're havin' fun, too. C'mon, or there'll be nothin' left fer us."

Selene: She scrambled to her feet and run towards him, determined to shoot at anything that moved.

Warlock: Warlock nodded, "We do not shoot our own team members?"

Kyle: Kyle came out of hiding, still looking into the treetops from the ground, trying to spot Vic, but heard shuffling and saw Selene running. Kyle shot a couple balls, trying to hit her.

Jason: Jason grinned as he saw Selene take a shot at his decoy. Well, if she was going to try to get him again he may as well return the favor. He took another shot her direction before slipping off in search of different game, leaving an illusion of himself half hidden in the undergrowth behind him.

Victor: "I dunno about tha', mate." Vic grinned. "S' long as yer sneaky enough, they won' know." He paused. "One thing, though. No more shots like tha'. I seem t' be endin' up covered in my own blood a lot lately." He made to climb away, then paused, frowning at Warlock for a second before shaking his head. "....Nevermin'. C'mon."

Selene: Selene shot another Jason, a scampering bunny, and a squirrel running up a tree. She was pretty sure that none of these targets were the real Jason, though. Instead, she felt a series of shots hitting her back and behind from one direction, while those coming from the front smacked against her thigh and stomach.

Warlock: Warlock nodded again before following Victor further down from the tree, and spotting Nezhno a bit further along started to creep along the branches, his form melting into a shapeless black and yellow blob that pulled itself along the branches.

Selene: She leaped to the side, hiding behind another tree. With her hand she wiped away the paint on her stomach. That one had hit her bare skin and stung quite a bit.

Jason: Catching sight of Kyle, Jason took a moment to consider it. Well, he had already ran through the other team, it was time to play turncoat. He circled around until he was to the left of him before letting off a shot.

Victor: Vic watched Warlock move off, smirking and pulling his gun out to shoot him twice. Serves the little sod right. He moved higher into the branches, deciding to stay in the trees, pausing when he saw Jason and raising his gun. Stopping, he sniffed experimentally. Boy did illusions, right? And there was no scent of Jason being there, just moving off in that direction.

Warlock: Holding the gun out on a long tendril, Warlock shot Nezhno three times in the back and hip before withdrawing back along the branches.

Victor: Vic grinned and sighted along the route, catching sight of him and opening fire before climbing into another tree quickly.

Nezhno: Nezhno felt three paintballs hit him in the back. He quickly looked back and saw Warlock withdrawing into the trees again. He decided to let off a few shots in that general direction.

Moonbeam: Moon saw Nez reveal his location and smiled an evil smile as she unloaded some rounds of her own at him. She leapt up over a log and then a rock. "Kahn!" She roared as she took shots at his feet, trying to make him dance.

Selene: Selene peeked out from her cover, watching the others take shots at everyone else. From the looks of it, the teamplay was about to dissolve into a massive free for all. Much more to her liking anyway. She dipped two fingers into the red paint on her stomach and used it to draw two lines beneath her eyes.

Nezhno: Nez jumped out of the ditch and shot off a few more shots on Moon who he saw leaping over logs and rocks. He then ran in the opposite direction, using the thick trees and brush as a cover between him and Moon.

Jason: Jason looked up from shooting Kyle, surprised to feel pellets hit his side. Well son of a bitch He turned and fired in the direction they had come from, not actually seeing who it was but figuring that a good shower of pellets would do someone some good.

Victor: Vic held onto the trunk with one hand, claws buried in the bark, narrowed his eyes and spotted Kyle. Haaahaha. The boy's back was to him. Three new splats of paint appeared on it before Vic moved again, climbing higher and - oh, was that Moon? Another splat of paint on her hip. Girl made too much noise.

Selene: Selene stepped out from her cover, raising her gun and shooting at everyone who came into her field of vision. She was pretty sure that most of these people were probably illusions created by Jason, but that way she was sure to at least score some hits.

Jason: Nezhno was running closer to Jason. He smirked and cracked his knuckles before pulling the trigger, putting an illusion of his voice on the other side of his target. "Going to be angry, giant boy?"

Warlock: Warlock dropped the tendril holding the gun below the leaves again and shot Jason in the ass while he was taking aim at Nezhno.

Jason: FUCK That was going to make sitting an adventure for days Jason turned back, trying to catch sight of just who decided his ass was in need of decoration.

Nezhno: Nezhno was nailed by a paintball and heard Jasons voice in the opposite direction of a few rounds shot off in the other direction. Nezhno decided that he would just shoot some paintballs in the direction of the shots, not the probable illusion insult by Jason.

Victor: Vic swung into another tree, biting his lip as the branch gave an ominous creak below him. Lightfooted or not, he weighed in excess of 400 pounds. Probably more, with the amount he'd been training. Testing it again, he spotted Jason turning away from him and spotted the paint splat on his ass. Damnit, that looked lopsided.

Victor: Vic added another splat to the other side. Just for the pretties.

Jason: Jason saw paint splatter by his foot as he looked around for his attacker, glad that he had moved that time and just hoped that this hadn't turned into a game of pin the paint on-"Son of a bitch!"

Selene: Selene decided to use her powers a little more, speeding over the forest floor and jumping up a few meters to land on top of a rock formation. That way, she hoped to get a better view of the others. Jason was a better telepath than her, but upon focusing a little, she figured that his illusions wouldn't give off any life signs.

Moonbeam: Moon waited until she heard Jason's voice and then looked for him in the foliage. Finding him, she fired a few shots and began to hover off the ground so he would only be able to hear her gun and not her crunching around on the ground.

Selene: She glanced up at Vic, spotting him in the treetops, then looked down at the forest floor. Yes, there were Jason and Nezhno, most likely. She pulled the trigger and aimed in their direction, hoping that she has found the right targets now.

Jason: Jason sighed and put his illusions back up to at least remove him from sight. Apparently getting shot in the ass was pretty effective in breaking his concentration. Not before Selene got off another shot. Jason's eyes narrowed as he fired back and switched places.

Victor: Wow, the boy's concentration was way off. Those illusions were crap. Vic could see straight through them - enough to land a few more shots with a dark little smirk.

Victor: He moved back, spotting Selene. Well fuck it. He shot her twice before his hopper emptied and he had to hide in another tree, moving quickly back away from the main group.

Warlock: Spotting Kyle standing in a little clearing, Warlock shifted forwards a little, before reaching out with a tendril like a snake striking and grabbing the boy around his waist and tossing him up into the air, fireing off several shots into the boy while he was helpless before he landed with a lound crash and didn't get up again.

Jason: Now where had that come from? Jason looked and caught sight of a tail. Well, he had wondered how well his illusions had worked on Victor, Jasons upposed that was his answer. Spitefully, Jason took a shot at the tail.

Selene: Selene stopped her shooting as several shots impacted, wincing as one struck her right on the unprotected chest.

Selene: She hissed like an enraged animal before figuring that being in the open like that probably wasn't such a smart idea, after all.

Victor: Vic yowled as his tail was hit, feeling it break. Climbing higher, he pulled it up and whimpered as he reset it and waited for it to heal. It didn't hurt as badly as when it was shot but goddamn!

Jason: There's something I never thought that I would get the chance to do. Shoot someone in the tail... Jason didn't allow himself to think about that longer, finding better cover and pulling his illusions into better focus.

Selene: Those last few shots had come from Vic, most definitely. Selene leaned out of her cover and aimed at him. He was a large target and stuck dangling in the trees. Shooting at him several times, she made sure to hit him by cheating a little, giving the projectile a slight correction with her telekinesis when necessary.

Jason: Jason couldn't help but fall into temptation as he moved behind Victor. Sure, the tail shot probably made them more than even but he also healed and he should at least sit more uncomfortably for a few minutes. He took careful aim and fired, smirking quite happily.

Moonbeam: Moon ducked and rolled, rolled and ducked, and finally decided it was safer just hiding in a hollowed out log.

Nezhno: Nezhno heard some shots being fired, but he decided to just wait it out behind this large tree.

Selene: Selene scanned the forest floor again, checking for signs of the others. Kyle was busy lying on the ground and getting some paint out of his fur, while Moon and Nez were nowhere in sight.

Victor: Vic growled as he felt Jason's revenge, quickly clicking in another pod and firing off a set of shots at Jason before swinging above him and firing off a few more, not caring that a few missed. Then he disappeared into another tree, landing silently on the ground to make his way around the group as his ass healed.

Warlock: Warlock had by this time got back to the main group and was now sneaking along the branches behind Selene, as soon as he judged he was close enough he did the snake-gun thing again before giving a loud whistle to get her attention, and when her head shot around to look he fired his gun at point blank into her face.

Moonbeam: "No wait..." She said. "If Mel Gibson can take on soldiers, then I can handle paint balls!" She roared "Turtle Powerrrr!" As she tore out of her log and came full speed ahead at Nez. As she ran however, her foot landed right in a bear trap. Tripping and falling she frowned. "You're supposed to be inside!" She pouted.

Jason: Jason was distracted from the stinging sensations that told him Vic had found him by Moon. "...what the fuck beartrap?"

Selene: Selene felt a hard hit against her head, taken entirely by surprise. The shot blinded and stunned her for a second, but fortunately she didn't lose her balance. Instead, she just stood there motionlessly with a big splat of paint all over her face. It took a few seconds until the stinging pain set in.

Warlock: "Would that not be classed as a health and safety hazard? Should we not inform the faculty of this?" Came Warlock's voice ... as he slithered away from shooting someone in the face.

Jason: Who was that? Jason heard the voice and couldn't quite place who it belonged to.

Selene: Selene snarled with clenched teeth as she reached up to wipe some of the paint from her glasses. Good thing her powers took care of any potential injury quickly. "Ouch," she commented dryly, her gaze darting around on the search for Warlock. "No shots to the face until the third date."

Warlock: The gun dropped down again, this time behind her and he shot her in her lower back, "How about doing it from behind?"

Nezhno: Nez heard a voice and a few shots being fired, but he couldn't figure out who it was.

Bobby: The puddle slithered through the woods beneath the leaf litter from its starting place just outside of the battlezone. Passing by Moonbeam, her fallen rifle was picked up in its current and traveled to a secluded oak.

Warlock: The gun dropped down again, this time behind her and he shot her in her lower back, "How about doing it from behind?"

Nezhno: Nez heard a voice and a few shots being fired, but he couldn't figure out who it was.

Bobby: The puddle slithered through the woods beneath the leaf litter from its starting place just outside of the battlezone. Passing by Moonbeam, her fallen rifle was picked up in its current and traveled to a secluded oak.

Selene: Selene jumped and gave a yelp at the sudden hit, spinning around just in time to catch a glimpse of tentacly Warlock. "Oh, by the looks of it, you wouldn't be satisfied with just that, wouldn't you," she replied, trying to shoot the tentacle, though it was to fast and small to properly aim at. "Believe me, I've seen these comics on the internet, too."

Jason: Well, that explained things. "Oh if this game is about to turn into tentacle rape I am out of here."

Victor: Vic shifted closer to the group, seeing Selene and Warlock first and picking off a couple of shots before hiding again.

Bobby: On the far side of the tree, the puddle formed around the gun into a semi-human shape and crawled up the tree, leaving a crackling, frosty wake.

Warlock: Warlock chose this moment to let one yellow and black tendril drift down behind Jason and wrap around his hip before slapping him right on one of the shots from earlier.

Selene: Selene was distracted by more pellets coming from the side, two hitting her on the upper arm and thigh. She spun around, but only caught Vic hiding behind cover.

Jason: "Son of a fucking bitch! Will you people leave my ass alone?" Jason fired up, intent on having some form of revenge.

Victor: Instinctively Vic slipped up another tree, legs and an arm wrapped around the trunk as his eyes narrowed, watching the group warily.

Bobby: Hitting a suitable height to overlook the situation, the form crystalized and brought the paintball gun to bear. Ass? All right. He fired a shot at Jason before moving to a new position, then picked another target. Nezhno.

Victor: Vic smirked at that and shifted, spotting someone he hadn't got yet. Friendly giant, didn't know his name, but big and black. Wasn't Japh, that was for certain.

Warlock: The balls bounced harmlessly off Jason as the tentacle wrapped around his waist and picked him effortlessly off the ground.

Jason: GAH! "What in the hell do you think you're doing?" Jason liked the ground. He and it were firmly attached to one another and he didn't really appreciate this seperation.

Bobby: Jason was no threat. He turned to his other target, then realized that one was also already under fire when a ball splatted by his feet. He calculated the trajectory and caught a flash of camo in another tree. Ah.

Selene: "Hey, is that your idea of making me jealous," Selene asked, a smirk on her lips, as she took careful aim at the techno-organic tentacle that was currently busy with molesting Jason, then shot at it.

Jason: And he had no idea where that last ass shot had come from but whoever it was deserved to die. "Oh it had best not be. I really don't swing the tentacle way."

Warlock: "Testing your abilities," came Warlock's voice, "you are not very powerful," Jason was very gently bent over and lowered back down so his ass was a prime target.

Nezhno: Nezhno was being fired at so he swerved through the tangle of trees in the woods trying to dodge as many paintballs as he could.

Jason: Arching an eyebrow high, Jason took offence to that comment. "Well, I apologize that I don't really feel the need to illusion up something threatening at the moment."

Victor: Oh that was too good to be passed up. Vic raised the gun. Shoot. With pleasure. Grinning inanely, he made a noise like a zipper being undone and shot Jason in the ass again.

Warlock: "You are helpless, and are of no real use."

Selene: Selene couldn't resist shooting at Jason's behind, before she caught sight of Vic again, who had come out his cover. She quickly sneaked around the formation of rocks until she was in a good position, using her speed to get there. Taking aim, she shot at his side as fast as she could, still advancing on him.

Warlock: To illustrate the point, Warlock started to swing Jason back and forth idly.

Victor: Vic hissed, arching back like a scalded cat and quickly working out where the shot had come from. Clicking off a couple in that direction, he dropped to the ground, ran a short distance and clambered easily up another tree.

Bobby: Ah, that one was fast. He fired off several more shots at Nezhno, freezing the surface of the paintballs to give them a little more weight. Then another target caught his eyes and he fired at Selene, forgetting to not freeze the balls.

Jason: Oh that was just fucking it. Jason twisted around to grab hold of the tentacle to right himself a bit and fired up towards Warlock Weird little bastard. He wasn't sure just how, or if, his ability did anything to Warlock but everyone in the group could deal with a good dose of the feeling of a barage of shots aimed like they had done him.

Victor: Vic felt something brush his ass and he looked down and frowned before shrugging it off. Probably just a leaf of a particulalry horny squirrel or something.

Bobby: He jumped slightly at an impact on himself and looked below. No... nothing had hit him. Still... He frowned and liquified enough to change trees.

Selene: Selene ran after Vic, but then was hit in the side by a barrage of shots. She quickly turned, spotting Bobby aiming at her. Before she could shoot back or wonder where he had come from all of a sudden, she was hit from behind, causing her to jump.

Selene: Turning again, she didn't see anyone shooting at her; and a quick glance at her behind didn't show any signs of paint. How odd.

Warlock: The shots splatted against Warlock but didn't hurt him, but he chose that moment to drop Jason anyway before slithering over to Bobby.

Jason: Jason was glad that he had managed to land on his feet. Figures the people he actually wanted his illusions to work on didn't exactly seem effected. This is what he got for being sociable, really should know better.

Bobby: He saw the mass of black and yellow tentacles heading his way and though that should bother him, it didn't. Until the point of this exercise was recalled. He fired off a last frozen paintball at Selene and turned his sights to Warlock.

Selene: Selene found herself standing uncomfortably in the open, and looked around for a suitable cover. Seeing that Warlock seemed to go after Bobby, she went back to her pursuit of Vic. Sneaking up under the tree he was climbing, she carefully aimed up and let lose a volley of shots from below.

Warlock: Warlock gathered himself up into a vaguly humanoid shape and fired his gun at Bobby as the other man took aim for him.

Bobby: He dissolved into water and dropped through the branches, the gun falling with him until he reformed and barely caught it, scrambling sideways to other cover.

Selene: Selene was hit on the upper thigh by what seemed to be solid paintball and hissed. If it weren't for her powers, this one would have left a nasty bruise. She turned and shot at Bobby, but the ball zipped harmlessly above his head when he turned to water.

Victor: Vic glanced up to the tree he knew Bobby was in, frowning, before feeling shots. Oh screw that. He leapt from his tree to another one, pushing off as the branch cracked under him and grunting as he caught himself on another trunk.

Warlock: Warlock droped down from the tree and pointed the gun at Bobby, but he'd run out of amunition ...

Bobby: Warlock was still on his tail, and he froze the balls solid this time as they left the muzzle, then scrambled for a new position again. It was difficult to keep hold of the gun if he was shifting.

Jason: Jason was just watching now, deciding that this had all turned unnerving enough that participation was possibly not all that wise.

Selene: Wondering where everybody was going to, Selene looked up at the treetops. Those gooey shifters could get annoying. Fine, time to play unfair, as well. Stepping over to a rock big enough to stand on, Selene animated it by channeling some energy into it and let it carry her up into the trees.

Selene: Hovering above the ground on her floating stone, Selene reloaded the gun before aiming at the others, who were all busy with chasing each other.

Selene: Wondering where everybody was going to, Selene looked up at the treetops. Those gooey shifters could get annoying. Fine, time to play unfair, as well. Stepping over to a rock big enough to stand on, Selene animated it by channeling some energy into it and let it carry her up into the trees.

Selene: Hovering above the ground on her floating stone, Selene reloaded the gun before aiming at the others, who were all busy with chasing each other.

Warlock: Warlock didn't flinch as the paintballs hit and droped his own gun, holding his hand out it morphed into something that resembled the gun and fired a concentrated energy blast at Bobby as he began to solidify enough to use his own gun, shattering him.

Jason: What the fuck? Jason's head tilted as he watched, as apparently the game had officially turned to no holds barred. "Right. Think I'm going to be heading back in now."

Bobby: The paintball gun fell through the branches and finally hit the ground with a crunch. Ice showered down on top of it, tinkling.

Victor: Vic froze at the sound of something breaking, sliding a little down his tree in time to see Bobby....well, what was Bobby tinkle down. "The hell?" He dropped down, going over to the pile. "Bobby?"

Warlock: Warlock cocked his head to the side as he watched the ice particles fly across the forest floor, OhmyGodohmyGodohmyFUCKINGGOD Bobby should regenerate soon.

Jason: Jason caught himself wondering if Bobby could...well he supposed the proper word would be reform from that but assured himself that he was fine. Last time Jason had assumed someone had kicked it at this school had been an interesting misunderstanding after all and it wasn't like Warlock was that much of a crazy freak.

Jason: On the other hand, they didn't seem to be reacting well.

Selene: Selene blinked and lowered her gun when Warlock blasted Bobby and shattered him into some kind of mutant sparkly rain. "I don't want to interfere on your fun, boys, but are you sure that this still counts as playing paintball?"

Victor: "More like full-blown warfare. The hell y' do that for, 'Lock?" Vic glared up at him. "Y' got somethin' against us now?"

Jason: "I'm fairly certain it doesn't."

Selene: And since when is my boyfriend the slightly crazy and occasionally psychotic one in the relationship?

Warlock: "He will recover, self was mearly curious" -OhfuckohJESUSIjustkilledBobby!!- "as to the level of his regeneration, it is a test."

Victor: "Test of what? Were y' testin' me? This has gone too fuckin' far, 'Lock, if I wanted t' see my mates potentially killed I would've cancelled leave!" Vic stood, growling. "Y' better fuckin' hope Bobby regenerates fine or I swear t' God I'm gonna fuckin' kill ya, boy."

Jason: "What in the fuck is with you and your tests?" One of the guy's wires were obviously short circuiting.

Warlock: "You can't kill me, self is invunrable to all of your powers," Warlock said, turning his head around to look at them, OhfuckingfuckfuckBobbywhat'reyouwaitingforohman! and his face twitched slightly.

Selene: She frowned at the Bobby puddle on the floor, then looked back up at Warlock. "And here I thought that crazy dangerous experiments of questionably moral value were my expertise." She gave her boyfriend a small smirk. He seemed changed. And Selene wouldn't deny that she liked it.

Victor: Vic snarled. "I'll find a fucking way." He heard a snap and looked down, swearing loudly in French when he realised that he'd actually crushed the gun and got paint all over his hands, splinters of metal and plastic cutting into him. Fuck. "C'mon, Bobby."

Selene: "Besides, if anyone were to hurt Warlock, it would be me," Selene tossed in, giving Vic a look. "If he asks me for it, that is." She descended to the ground with a chuckle, then leaned closer to Bobby's form and looked at it. "So I'd advice you keep your hands off him, yes? I'm certain that Bobby will be fine. Maybe we just need to put him in the freezer."

Jason: "I'm not sure that this is really the time for innuendo, is it?"'

Victor: Vic grit his teeth. "Jus' leave it, Sel." He cast another glare in Warlock's direction. "An' leave me alone."

Selene: Selene gave Vic a smile, before kneeling down and picking up a thing stick from the forest ground. She began to curiously poke the liquefied Bobby with it. "I was serious about the freezer, by the way. I wonder if cold aids his regeneration process."

Jason: Jason doubted very much that poking his puddle did much in aiding him either unless it was giving him motivation for not wanting to be prodded.

Victor: Vic resisted the urge to knock the stick away, growling and shaking the gun off his hand. "I don't fuckin' know. All I know is tha' this is meant t' be fun an' I've had e-fuckin'-nough of this. If anyone wants me, I'll be wit' Marie, an' I'd appreciate bein' told when Bobby gets back together." Shit. At least in London with Matt he'd never had to put up with mates shattering.

Victor: He stood up and dusted himself off, walking away without another word. Hopefully Rahne and Remy would let him use the shower.

Warlock: Warlock foulded his arms and cocked his head to the other side, "Maybe he is not as resilient as previously believed?"

Jason: Great, stuck with the crazies and the puddle and no idea what to actually do with either. "Well, it would seem it certainly sent him for a loop."

[Edited on 14/12/08 by Ferguson]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:puppy

Bobby! :( Please don't stay a puddle! That's sad!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Ahhh, so that's what happened when I was snoozing. Cool
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Um. Sorry. That's what happens when the company shows up early...
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Hee, so we can't just say that Warlock, Selene and Jason shoveled some leaves over puddly Bobby and walked away, whistling innocently? :cracked
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Warlock would have waited for Bobby to regenerate, even if it took overnight :shifty
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"