Read our full Game transcripts here!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

12/06 Game: War Photography

Post by littlebamf »

24th September

Rahne: Rahne placed the carrier on the desk and checked Marie under her blanket, still sleeping, thank God ... she still wasn't a hundred percent sure about this but Eddie had been insistant and enthusiastic and ... well ... you just couldn't say no to a black blob that bounced occasionally.

Ben: Ben cracked his fingers as he slipped his knapsack off his shoulder and tucked it away. Waving to Rahne he took his seat and whipped out his cell phone, instantly sending lovey-dovey texts to Neena.

ProfBrock: Eddie dropped from his position splatted against the board as an inksplat and rose up to his customary humanoid figure. "Miss Sinclair! You came! Wonderful! And awwww....isn't little Marie adorable..." He leant over the carrier, cooing slightly and being careful not to touch her.

Jac: Jac zipped in, blowing a stack of papers off the desk. Skidding to a halt, she winced, backtracked, and picked them up. "Eh. sorry 'bout that..."

Rahne: "I'm still not sure she'll make such a good subject though," Rahne said, "she's still too young to do much apart from lay on her back and cry when the flash goes off," she looked around the almost empty room, "damn, I would have thought there'd be more people here in a class where you just mess around with expensive equipment-" she jumped a little at the blur.

Ben: Ben flinched at the goopy figure that rose from the ground (still unused to Professor Brock) and then flinched even more to Jac's entrance, nearly toppling over in his chair. "Gyah!"

Jac: Jac blinked as Ben did his spazt-act. "Any need fer that?" she shook her head. "How bloody long've I been in this place?" she put the last of the papers back where they had fallen from.

ProfBrock: "Oh, nonsence, babies make the most wonderful subjects." He said airily even as he stretched out a few tendrils to help Jac pick up the paper. "I hope you're more careful with the lighting, Jac." He gave her a thumbs-up before turning back to Rahne. "Well, 'mess around' they might but that's the best way to learn, don't you agree?"

Wade: Wade ran into the room, hands up in the air, and going, "Wooooosh!" as he ran over Jac's flames that already started dissipating. He screeched, via his mouth, to a halt. "What? no more? Awww." Wade was heart broken. "Hey look, it's Toto." he pointed to the baby.

Rahne: "Guess you must be Jac then, I don't think we've really met before and ... of God, not you ..." she rolled her eyes at Wade, "don't call my daughter that, you freak."

Ben: Ben bit his lip from bursting into laughter and ruffled through his bag to find his memory card. "Jac, it's not that I'm not used to it... it's just that ... damn you're fast." He covered his mouth and looked to the baby. "Can I say that?"

Wade: Wade looked over his shoulder to Ben, and turned back to Rahne, "You know, I think he can hear you, you really sholdn't call him names like that."

Jac: Oh. God. Why. Why. She had given up a shift for this? She snorted as the Scottish girl got pissed with the ADHD king, adjusting her cap. "Yea, I'm Jac. Rahne, right?"

Rahne: Rahne took a deep breath, just ignore him, he's an idiot with all the tact of a half brick to the head, "Aye, Rahne, Victor said you nearly ran him over the other day," she gave her a smile.

ProfBrock: Eddie raised the appendage that was his hand for the moment to his head. "Please, sit down. No one may call Marie anything other then her name. Now. Is that everyone or are we waiting for more?"

Ben: As ben walked over to the baby he smiled and moved his fingers in a funny way, trying to coax a smile. Nothing.

Jac: She blinked at Ben. "Yeeeah, I'm fast, but I do that all over the school, since January now sooo...Ain't that weird. People always comment on the speed, never the fuckin' flames...Oh, yea, did. Tell 'im there's a special Hot City pizza goin' if he wants it."

Rahne: "She's too little to smile, and in any case she's sleeping so I wouldn't bother, and I think Victor's always up for free pizza," Rahne took the blanket of marie and started to unbuckle her, the baby flopping over her arm bonelessly.

Wade: Wade had a hard time trying to choose a seat to sit at. The one at the big desk in front looked very tempting.

Jac: Jac flopped down in a seat and started to dog at a pin lodged in the sole of her shoe, a faintly puzzled look on her face.

ProfBrock: Eddie spotted where Wade was looking and folded his arms, another appendage extending and pointing wordlessly to the student seats.

Ben: Returning to his desk he sat down and noticed Neena sent him a new text. "Love the flowers rockstar ; ) xo" Ben smiled and closed his phone, making sure it was silent. Last thing he needed was the Law & Order theme waking the baby.

Wade: Wade was about to ask if that chair could be maybe moved next to the others, but instead said, "Have you ever been used in a squirt gun?" he didn't wait for an answer and grabbed a seat with the rest of the students.

Wade: Next to Ben. He held up his hand for a high five.

Rahne: "So ... what do you want me to do with her then Eddie?" Rahne asked, it was still a little wierd to not be calling the staff Professor or whatever, but she figured, she wasn't a student here anymore so there wasn't much point.

Ben: Ben rolled his eyes but helped Wade out and went in for the high five. Why not? It was clever enough.

Jac: Jac turned around to Wade and Ben, glaring slighty. "This is not productive."

Wade: Wade slapped a stinging high five.

Wade: Like a whip!

ProfBrock: Eddie grinned at Wade, suddenly showing a row of incredibly white, sharp teeth against the blackness. "Funnily enough, yes, but that's not a story for today. Hmm. I think....yes. However she'd be most comfortable I think. We'll work around her."

Ben: "I am the embodiment of counter-productive." He flashed a smile at her. Ben shook his hand at the sting of the high five. "Gah! What're you Superman?"

Jac: Jac gave a deadpan look back. "Then why be here?"

Rahne: Rahne stood withe the baby in her arms, "Well ... Like this I guess, she likes to be cuddled.

Ben: "It's a credit requirement." Ben said gleefully. "Plus, if I can work a camera right, I can do the photo for my album. Can I put you on the list for some of the first to receive a copy?"

Wade: "Years of practice." Wade answered Ben. "And so many crying children." he stared of into the void, only to look back at the ooze, expecting him to turn a mild mannered turtle teenaged.

ProfBrock: "Alright then. So, class, we've been looking at lighting and such, but only on inanimate objects. We're going to start looking at photographing life now - starting with Marie Creed-Sinclair here, who Rahne is graciously allowing us to use as a model."

Jac: "No," Jac turned back around to pay attention to the class.

Ben: Ben shrugged and listened to the professor. Flash at a baby's eyes? Jeez... he felt sort of uncomfortable. He treated babies like time bombs, not intentionally, but rather out of fear. Especially friends' babies.

Rahne: Rahne grinned, "Yeah, good luck with that, she's a stroppy little minx, just wait till she wakes up,"

ProfBrock: Eddie laughed. "Well, that's what real life is all about. Screw learning how to photo bananas. Now, this being a baby, the last thing we want to do is upset her with too much lighting. Suggestions, anyone?"

Ben: Ben looked around. "Uhm... we could use natural lighting?"

ProfBrock: "Very good. So we use the windows." He gestured to the big windows in question, currently half-covered in blackout blinds. "But that doesn't give us as much light as we need - which would mean stronger flashes which would upset Marie. So....low wattage, uplights and screens."

Ben: "What if we used black and white and did shading?" Ben offered. "Or is this a full color project?"

ProfBrock: "Both, though the lighting doesn't really change for greyshade or colour to be honest. Good question though." Eddie nodded in approval.

Rahne: Marie grunted in her sleep and wriggled a little, rubbing at her face before settling back down, "Think our little diva is waking up," Rahne commented.

Jac: Jac blinked. What did the light have to do with the colour of the film? "Use one of those screen things you use to reflect light?"

ProfBrock: "That's the one. Set up the light behind Marie where she can't look into it and it's not too bright and put screens around to reflect it back." Eddie grinned. "It's simple when you think about it. You have to face this sort of challenge every day in photography."

Ben: Ben sighed. Well, maybe Jac was right, maybe he should be taking this more seriously.

Rahne: "A lot more complicated then just pointing and clicking huh?" Rahne shifted a little, "Any chance of a seat while we're doing this, baby's get heavy quickly," plus in this form she had no strength enhancements, she was still getting used to being so physically weak.

ProfBrock: "Oh! Yes, I'm sorry Rahne." He grabbed a chair for her and placed it beside her. "But yes. Right, I suggest the first thing we do is a screen test, then you guys can set up your cameras like I showed you and take some practice shots without lights. Sound good?"

Rahne: "Cheers," Rahne sat down and made herself comfortable, moving Marie up her chest where the baby grunted and yawned, one eye rolling open and looking around before closing again.

Jac: Jac got up. "Ain't we got any of those cushion things, like they have in the Boots shops when they do this?"

Ben: Ben went to the cabinet which Brock had opened prehand to class. Reaching in and taking camera 4, he loaded his card in and put the strap around his neck. Then he turned off the flash and messed with the aperture. He really didn't want to be the one that woke the baby, but he also didn't ant to be the one that had horrible shots. But.... school was secondary to getting a label... wasn't it?

Rahne: Rahne frowned, "Hmm ... maybe we could prop her up on some of them ... if she'll behave ..."

ProfBrock: Eddie pointed at Ben. "Put that camera down we are not using digital today boy!!" He said in one breath, inner photography god bubbling to the surface.

Jac: "Betcha no one else knows what I'm on about..." Jac muttered as she went to the shelves at the other side of the room that Forge had probably knocked up to keep bits of crap like velvet throws and cushions, grabbing an armful and a big fuzzy bear too.

Wade: Wade grabbed a random camera and shoved his card into it. He stomped with his thumb at the buttons until, luckily, it showed the flash was off. He did however wonder what else he did with the other buttons. The idea of babies and the sport settings came. And went thankfully.

ProfBrock: "Right. Each of you pick up a manual camera and bring it over to me. You're getting a full film today, so don't be afraid to experiment." Like Xavier wouldn't buy him more film anyway.

Ben: Ben frowned. Taking his card out he put the digital camera back and took out one of the regular cameras. Internally he stood by the fact that technology had moved on, but he wasn't dumb enough to say that in this class.

Rahne: Rahne put Marie back in her carrier for a moment and went to help Jac with the cushions, "Don't think the silly american's know what you're going on about, and I think Eddie's too busy flapping to pay attention," she smiled.

Jac: "Yeah, tell me about it," Jac snorted a little. "Eh, their loss. Boots was awesome. Me mates would go in, get dragged up at the makeup bits then wander around messin' with the bodysprays."

Rahne: "I never liked Boots, the one nearest me had the perfume place right next to the doors and those women were leathal shots with those samples, Nana had to drag me to a public toilet to rinse my eyes out once."

ProfBrock: "Digital is too easy! Does all the work for you. How are you meant to learn about the important bits unless you have to actually do the hard work for yourself! Plus think of the amount of tangible evidence you'll have. The feeling of looking at a picture and going 'I did that, from scratch, setup and all!'"

Jac: Jac winced. "We'd go in by the side doors, safer!" she left Rahne to artisticlaly arrange Marie and headed to grab her camera, adjusting the strap.

ProfBrock: He started sorting out and cutting up the film as two more arms stratched from his back and started to draw a basic lighting setup on the board, another arm writing the steps for loading up a camera - just in case.

Wade: "Just think how psyched you'll be when you just punch a button and the thing does all the work for you and you can go and say, 'I pushed that button. ' " Wade said picking up a camera.

Ben: Ben nodded and Brock's advice and dreaded having to develop the film. More time away from his rehearsal, more time away from Neena. And even worse, more time than probably should be spent in a red room.

Rahne: Rahne unwound her daughter from her shoulder and subtly wiped a bit of drool from the side of her mouth before laying her down on the cushions, the baby wriggled a little and snuggled down, going back to sleep, Gooood baby, just stay sleeping and we all might just get out of here alive, Rahne let out a small sigh of relief.

Jac: Jac glanced from her camera to the board to the film, her head moving at speed. God she loved being speedy.

Wade: After getting the camera all loaded up like a rifle at an NRA meeting, Wade asked, "Okay...so you shoot with this side forward, right?", snapping a picture of his eye. "Secksy, secksy eyeball." he mumbled afterwards.

ProfBrock: Brock looked over to Wade and sighed. Well, there was always one. "No, Wade, other way around, and we haven't started yet...."

Rahne: Rahne blinked at Wade, was this guy really that insane or was he just deliberatly widing everyone up?

Jac: Jac shook her head as she loaded the film. She would really be out delivering pizza. The tips she was making, she could get some new wheels soon.

Ben: Ben shook his head. "Wade, you're too much." He pointed his camera to the lawn and saw various students walking about. "Hee! There's Rachel and Jo-*blech!*" He pulled the camera away. "Bad!"

Wade: "Okay people, is de model ready? Vee don't have all dey, de studio has only so much money zhey can spend on me." Wade snapped his fingers, "Vhere's mah vater? Assistant? Assistant? Ugh, so hard getting good help zees days."

ProfBrock: Eddie let out a sigh. "Wade, stop. Right. Everyone got their films loaded? Okay." He checked everyone's cameras, totally reloading Wade's one and then correcting a feed issue in Ben's before stading beside Rahne. "Alright. So this is a tester shot. No screen, no lights. Take five each, different angles but not from the front. Use light flash."

Ben: Ben nodded and set the camera to the professors requirements. He snapped his first one of the droopy eyed baby girl and smiled a bit at her. She looked so comfortable.

Jac: Fiddling with the settings, Jac pulled a few faces as she got her eye 'right' against the camera and crouched a little, taking a shot of Marie, holding a wince in case the flash zapped her after all.

Rahne: Rahne found herself nervously gnawing on one of her thumbnails, hoping like hell no one messed up or a camera exploded or something ... in a class with crazy-Wade an exploding camera seemed likely.

Wade: Wade made a hmm face when his camera was reloaded and handed back to him. He fiddled with settings not really hoping they were the right ones, but luckily they were. "Okay, " Wade whispered, "look....sleepy, there we go." *click*, "Now do drowsy, perfect," *click*

Wade: "I want passion, I want depth, give me sluggish," Wade gasped, "It's as if I want to fall unconscious myself, just hold that pose." *click* *click* *click*.

Rahne: Rahne wasn't sure there was anything else she could do apart from just blink at Wade, clearly the guy was in a world of his own ... and luckily the flashes weren't disturbing Marie, even better.

Jac: Jac wondered if she was supposed to be doing that rapid click thing, but for some reason, she wasn't feeling speed on this. The thought for her was odd...

ProfBrock: "Take as long as you need, class. We've still got another couple of hours...."

Ben: Ben shook his head and snapped some photos of the child. "Rahne, she really is beautiful." Ben complimented. He tried standing on a chair and taking some above shots. The lighting was poor however so he dropped back down.

Rahne: "Yeah, she is when she's sleeping, don't let her fool you though, she's a mini harpy," Rahne said, sounding a little pleased.

Jac: Lying on her front, Jac kicked her legs in the air. "Feel sorta like Jaws 'ere..."

Wade: "You know what we need? Hearts. Hearts and clouds. Puffy cotton clouds. And a giant sign saying, Be My Baby. Or Here's Looking At You Kid." Wade said before taking another couple pictures.

Jac: "Please. F-lummin' strangle me now if we do that..." Jac stopped herself from swearing in front of the kid.

ProfBrock: "No, Wade, that's called consumer photography. Which this is not. This is artistic photography." Eddie sighed. "And besides. That stuff is added by computer later."

Wade: "Which would make this artistic photography, no computers used, all natural." *Click*

Ben: "The way you like it, huh Wade?" Ben snickered. "And Rahne, I would never believe it from how she's acting now."

Wade: "Then again, could go all the way and bring in one of those watchamacallit cameras of old times, with the poof of flash and all. That would fall under artistic." *clickety click* Wade wondered about the cute clicking his camera made.

Rahne: "She's asleep, all baby's are angel's when they're asleep. When she's awake she's Blake's fiend piping in a cloud," Rahne shrugged, "trust me on this."

ProfBrock: "Alright! That's enough testers. Screens and lights out, start setting up the shots and work together! I'm just going to pop out for more developing fluid." Eddie looked around. "Alright, Jac and Rahne are in charge. Anything broken and I'll be expecting payment, one way or another." Showing off his teeth in a grin, he swept out of the room, hurrying down the corridor. Please don't let them break anything....

Jac: "...I'm in charge...?" Jac lowered her camera, a slightly dumbstruck look on her face.

Rahne: Rahne blinked, "So am I apparently," she leaned over to Jac and whispered, "To be fair, you and me seem to be the only sensible ones here though,"

Ben: Ben looked to Wade. Then he turned to Jac. "Good luck." he winked at her.

Jac: Jac glowered at Ben. "Well no one'd put you in charge of a chimps tea party, so eh. Guess it has to be me. And you," she added, flashing a grin at Rahne.

Ben: Ben laughed, "I am in charge of a chimp tea party. You should come to my show sometime, we fling everything but dung."

Wade: "I never had any real leadership qualities...I once tried out for the cub scouts, apparently they have this age restriction thing going on now." Waade turned his camera around in his hand, inspecting it for any other hidden buttons or setting her might have missed.

Jac: "Eh...Nah. Think I'll be washin' me hair..."

Rahne: Rahne snorted at that and pulled her chair over to the pile of cushions, "You guys done with your tester's then?"

Jac: Snapping one more, Jac poked at the back of her camera and stood up. "Yeah, just about. SHould be alright," she nodded.

Rahne: "Groovy ... so what do you guys have to do now, or should we wait till Eddie get's back?"

Jac: "I'd say we'd be settin' the lights up but..." Jac eyed Wade carefully and winced. "We need supervision...."

Ben: "Rahne... can I get a mother/child shot?" Ben asked. "If that's not too much?"

Rahne: Rahne followed Jac's eyeline and nodded, "Aye, I'd agree," she blinked up at Bed, "Umm ... sure I guess," Rahne moved to sit down on the cushions and picked up Marie, who immediatly snuggled down into her arms, "Knock yourself out,"

Jac: "Really is like Boots..." Jac muttered with a snicker as she sat on a table, cross legged and watched.

Ben: Ben did so and snapped a few quick photos of Rahne with her child, making sure they were portrait like. Sure, wasn't for assignment, but he wanted to make sure someone showed Rahne how much they appreciated her allowing her child to be photo'ed.

Rahne: "Trying for extra credit there Ben?" Rahne asked with a small smirk.

Ben: "Actually, I was going to develop and frame them for you." Ben said behind the camera. "God, the two of you are so alike... it's crazy. And honestly, it's a fantastic picture."

ProfBrock: Eddie slunk into the room, climbing up the wall and hanging above the students. "C'mon, guys, you should all be done with your tester shots by now and moved on to the screen tests at least."

Rahne: "You were, now that you've said that you know that you'll just end up with loads of photos of your thumb," Rahne looked up at Eddie, "Should I put her back then?"

Jac: "We're waiting for proper supervision, damage limitation," Jac tried to not smile too much as she said that, fiddling with the strap of her camera.

Wade: Wade just stood with his camera at one side, "Hey, don't look at me, my best stuff only happens when the owners of the items I break is in the same room. So I waited."

ProfBrock: "Ah, very sensible, Jac." Eddie landed on the floor in a dollop and took semi-humanoid form again. "Right. This is where the serious stuff starts. Wa- Jac, pull down the light grey screen. Wade and Ben, carefully get out the lights and screens, please and Rahne, you and Marie just sit there and look beautiful, hmm?"

Rahne: Rahne snorted, "Ahh, so the subject is motherhood now? Very popular in art isn't it, am I gonna get paid for this then, hmm?" She jogged Marie a little ... these cushions were pretty comfortable.

Ben: Ben nodded and helped Wade get the lights. "Be careful how we set up the lights man, we don't want to be responsible for blinding her kid, huh?"

Jac: Jac dashed to the back of the room, going through the screens until she found the light grey one and pulled on the tab to bring it down, settling it so it trailed on the floor a little.

ProfBrock: "No, unfortunately, to be paid in art you'll have to take your clothes off, Rahne." Eddie grinned toothily again.

Jac: "Apart from the odd pint or cuppa, if the photographer is generous!"

Rahne: "Always thought those so called 'muses' looked like whores," Rahne smirked a little before shushing Marie as she started to wake up properly, making little squeaking noises.

Wade: "Blind, eh? No, the lawsuits will only stack higher." Wade thought outloud, positioning a light.

Rahne: Marie wriggled, making little insistant noises and moving her head from side to side, opening and closing her mouth, "She's hungry, could someone pass me her bottle from the bag," Rahne pointed to the large backpack that she'd leant against Eddie's desk.

Ben: Ben fiddled with the height of one of the ground lights, avoiding the screens, not wanting to admit he had no idea what he was doing with those.

Ben: Webbing the bag over to himself, he pulled out the bottle and gave it to her. "Put the bag back, or you wanna keep it close incase?"

Jac: Making sure the screen was straight, Jac ambled back across the room to her camera, having another poke at it as she waited for instructions.

Rahne: "Eh, put it back, it won't get kicked over there, and cheers," she moved Marie so she was cradling her in her arms and poked her mouth with the bottle. Marie immediatly latched onto it and her eyes closed as she started to suckle.

Ben: Ben followed Rahne's instructions and then went back to his camera, fiddling some more but this time with settings.

ProfBrock: Eddie checked over the screen and the positioning of the lights, tweaking them until he was happy. "Alright. Next set of tester shots, if you want to get comfortable, Rahne. Take as many as you feel is neccessary guys, but you shouldn't need more then between five and ten, alright?" He switched on the lights, frowning slightly and adjusting the screens so that there was no light directly on Marie.

Rahne: "Perfectly comfortable already, I'm good at sitting on my ass doing nothing," Rahne said cheerfully, smiling down at her baby.

Jac: "Can I use a tripod?" Jac asked as she shifted around a few times, not feeling too happy with what she was coming up with so far. Light was a little iffy in her spot too.

ProfBrock: "Absolutely. It's in the equipment cupboard."

Jac: "Groovy," Jac set her camera on the floor, zooming to the cupboard and back, setting up her tripod, watching the little bubble carefully to get it in the dot that told her it was steady. Thankfully it straightened quickly. She hated those things...

Rahne: Marie gave a little cough and Rahne pulled the bottle away quickly, looking at her intently ... no, it was just a cough and she let out a small squeal at having her bottle taken away, so Rahne poked it back into her mouth.

Jac: Securing the camera atop the tripod, Jac moved it down a little so it was on a good level for her, then took a few shots. Looking back up at Rahne and Marie, she made a face of concentration and then shifted the camera to the side a little, taking a few more.

Ben: Ben got very low to the floor on one knee and tried some below shots, the light pouring down from above them. "The Virgin Mother and her child?" Ben wondered aloud.

Rahne: Rahne laughed at that, "I don't think so some how."

Wade: Wade just stood where he was, not a special angle, nor a special distance, and said, "The twenty something mother and her child."

Rahne: "That's more like it,"

Jac: "Well, kinda connection. The kids' called Marie, Marie is the old variant of Mary...Don't ask how I flippin' know that..."

Ben: Ben looked up at her as he laid on the floor to take some more obscurely angled shots. "How do you know that? I don't see you as a big church goer..."

Jac: "It's nothin' to do with goin' to church...Called havin' to do English Language an' goin' through old books and...stuff," Jac coughed a little.

Ben: Ben shrugged. "I don't speak English, I speak American." He gave her a wink, hoping she'd catch the joke. "I'm from Bowston anyways..."

Wade: "I was an alter boy for a while, didn't work out, I expected way more chips than what they gave." Wade sat down at a desk made himself comfortable, held the camera up and snapped.

Jac: "Eh, never expected yer to have done proper lessons on English," Jac shook her head at Ben . Boy didnt have proper humour either.

Jac: "And funny. I was born in Boston. The original one."

ProfBrock: Eddie watched the kids and sighed, folding his arms. Working with mutants was interesting, but well.

Ben: "Well, some night you and me need to go out and shoot pool, and you can show me just how Boston you are." He took a picture of her perplexed look just for his own shits and giggles and tried changing positions again.

Jac: ((Looking distainful is not the same as perplexed))

Jac: "Just cause I was born in a town called Boston don't mean I grew up there. Plonker. And we break pool cues over peoples backs where I'm from..."

Ben: "You know there's a law in South Boston not to pick the butt end of the cue up over the table. You know why that's there?" Ben pointed to himself. "It's 'cuz a'me Baby!"

Jac: "...Call me Baby again and I'll castrate you with my snowboard."

Ben: "I break 'em on people's heads, knees, backs, or teeth." He winked.

Wade: "Can I get some of this action?" Wade asked

Ben: "Come to South Boston with me sometime..." Ben offered Wade. "And don't worry Jac-er-doodle, I won't." He took some more pictures of the baby and realized just how awesome babies were. "Man... I want one now."

Rahne: "Well arn't you the big man huh?" Rahne sighed, "Pool cues are over rated anyway, broken bottle's best once you learn how to break it without getting a handful of glass ..." okay maybe that wasn't the best thing to say infront of a staff member ...
Rahne: "No you don't, believe me, you don't," Rahne sighed.

ProfBrock: "Alright. Enough." Eddie stepped in, before things got stupid. He didn't want fights in his classroom, and from the look on Jac's face, that was exactly what was going to happen.

Jac: "Jac-er-doodle? You want to die. You really do. You wouldn't..." she shut up as Brock waded in and gave Ben a warning glare. Oh he'd get it later...

ProfBrock: "We're here to take pictures, not compare battle stories. Do that outside of my class time, or someone's going to end up sitting outside with my handbook studying for a test they'll take during break." He glared around. "Now get on with your work, because if you're not done by the time lesson's over, we'll keep going until you are. And whoever's responsible will probably have their lives made hell."

Ben: Ben shuddered. Why did every time this professor made a threat it didn't feel exactly empty. "Yessir." He said solemnly.