Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/22 Game: Buoying Spirits

Post by Slarti »

Timelined Sept. 8.

DrMcCoy: "There are typically 40 million bacterial cells in a gram of soil and a million bacterial cells in a millilitre of fresh water." Hank turned back to the class with a large grin. "And those water bottles you are all so fond of can breed thousands more bacteria. Drink up!"

Ju: Ju looked at her handy bottle of water as he said that, chewing her pen nervously. "Okay, I don't think I'm such a fan of being healthy, all of a sudden...."

Rogue: "Glad Ah cain't get sick then." She smirked over at Ju and shook her head, "Yeah, sounds gross, huh?"

Warlock: Warlock sat with his chin his hand looking out of the window he was was sat next to, a million miles away from his lesson.

Kyle: "Err....I drank from the lake...how much cells are in that?" Kyle asked.

Teagan: Moon turned around to Rogue. "Actually, I think it's intriguing as hell..."

Ju: Ju looked over to Kyle. "You did? Ew...."

Jason: "Nah, they're good for you. Gives your immune system a work out." Jason yawned, clicking the end of his pen to his notebook boredly. "I don't think you want to know what all has been in the lake, Kyle. God knows I don't want to know what people've been doing in there."

DrMcCoy: "Sounds gross, but, rest assured, most of these bacteria are benign to humans, and some even benefitial." He turned to Kyle. "Hmm, well, dysentery not being a concern with your healing factor, I think you can rest assured."

Kyle: Kyle felt a little smug about that fact, and sat a little back in his seat, grin spreading on his face.

Nezhno: Nezhno thought that some of the other students were over reacting to what Dr. McCoy was saying. "In Wakanda people are lucky to get any sort of clean water."

DrMcCoy: "Yes, well, and Jason is onto something there. Though science has known of the existence of bacteria for some time, it is still very much an undiscovered country."

Teagan: "Undiscovered Country..." Moon whispered to herself. Her mind began to wander to Star Trek.

DrMcCoy: "In all, there are approximately five nonillion bacteria on Earth, forming much of the world's biomass." He beamed at Teagan. "Ah, a fellow appreciator of the Bard!"

Ju: Ju shrugged, going back to doodling anime faces on her notepad as she listened. She was getting better at drawing with her left hand, but it probably wouldn't ever be as good as her right.

Jason: Jason's eyes rolled slightly at Nezhno's sharing, muttering quietly "And in soviet Russia water drinks you."

rachel: Rachel sat up, scrubbing at her face and glanced at the clock, blinking. She blew out a breath and let her head fall back down. She'd slept for how long, and this class still wasn't over?

Teagan: "What kind of bacteria can dead matter carry?" Teagan asked, a concerned look on her face.

Jason: "Damn, I was about to start drawing on you." sighing, Jason sat back as his sleeping canvas woke up.

Ju: "....What the hell is a 'nonillion'? Is it as much as a google?" Ju looked up. "And....dead matter? That's the bacteria in the gut, right?"

DrMcCoy: "Well, that goes back to the aforementioned undiscovered country, my dear," he said to Teagan. "Much like in mutant physiology, there is still much to learn in bacteriology."

Warlock: " ... Nanotechnology ..." Warlock said vacantly to himself.

DrMcCoy: Excited his students - some of them - were paying attention, Hank bounced slightly. "A nonillion is five times ten to the power of thirty, of course." And even better! "Yes, Warlock, there are correlations between nanotech research and bacteriology."

Rogue: Rogue propped her elbow on her desk, chin resting in her hand as she went back to taking notes, not exactly having anything to input. She didn't want to get into the fact that no one had discovered much about mutant physiology. If they had, she might have control by now.

rachel: She peered over her arms at Jason, clearing her throat, "Oh well... I'll probably be going back to sleep..."

Kyle: "Buuut...err...doesn't dead stuff normally carry bugs. That adds to the numbers...of the um..the bacteria...right?" Kyle asked.

Jason: "But now it won't be a surprise." Jason sounded highly disappointed.

Nezhno: "Better luck next time, Jason.”

Ju: Ju looked over to Warlock for a second. "They're like bacteria, aren't they?"

Teagan: Oh god... Teagan thought to herself, I'm a walking biohazard. She buried her face into her arms.

Warlock: "Huh?" Warlock turned his head at the mention of his name, "Nano- ... yes ..." he blinked a couple of times as he caught up with himself.

DrMcCoy: "But, yes in relation to dead matter, bacteria are vital in recycling nutrients, with many important steps in nutrient cycles depending on these organisms, such as the fixation of nitrogen from the atmosphere and putrefaction, so there may be a distinct possibility your system relies upon bacteria more than a standard human's." He told Teagan.

Warlock: "Affirmative, it's basically ... robot bacteria ..."

DrMcCoy: "Yes, affirmative!" Hank clicked his pen happily.

rachel: Giving a shrug, she snuggled back into her arms and closed her eyes. "There'll always be another class," she mumbled, not quite sure Jason would be able to hear her since she was practically talking to the desk.

Warlock: "It's almost undetectable to the human eye and is being pursued in both military and medical fields," he gave McCoy an odd look.

Ju: Ju spotted Rachel and grinned, picking up a spare piece of paper and balling it up. Making sure Hank wasn't watching, she aimed it and flicked the ball, making it tok off of Rae's head. Bwahahahaha.

DrMcCoy: "Yes, indeed." Hank blinked a little at Warlock's intense look. "Ah, but yes, as I was saying most bacteria have not been characterized, and only about half of the phyla of bacteria have species that can be cultured in the laboratory."

rachel: Rachel reached up and raked her fingers through her hair. She could've sworn something had just touched her head...

Jason: Jason didn't hear Rachel but definitely saw the little paperwad. It was juvenile but still, amusing. He supposed he should actually be paying attention to the class rather than watching this.

Warlock: "Well as it is constantly evolving it would be impossible to ever characterise every bacteria in existence."

DrMcCoy: "You are quite correct, however, is not the purpose of science to try to explain the unexplainable?"

Ju: "No, science is there to bore me...." Ju muttered quietly, sighting up another paper ball. Pinged it off her arm this time. Hmm, maybe she should use her hair band....

Rogue: Rogue lifted her head to look up at Dr. McCoy, "So, if that's tha purpose of science, why're people so afraid of tha unexplainable if there are scientists out there ta explain it?"

Warlock: "Because science can't explain it, that's why it's scary?" Warlock offered.

Jason: "Because so many times the scientific method involves leeches and poking. The fun stages rarely last as long as they should."

DrMcCoy: Hank laughed loudly at Rogue. "Well, that's a conundrum for the ages, isn't it?" He turned back to his notes. "But, yes, Warlock is onto something. Not only are bacteria always evolving, but science is as well."

Teagan: "Science isn't out to say it has the answers..." Moon noted. "Science is a method. They just hold the best evidence they have and use it."

rachel: She shifted in her seat to swat at whatever kept hitting her. She really didn't feel like sitting up to figure it out.

Rogue: Rogue made a face as she was laughed at and went back to taking notes, "Yup. Conundrum f' tha ages alright."

Warlock: "Evolution'll always be ahead of us though, so we'll always have something to strive for," Warlock said vacantly, going back to looking out of his window.

Ju: Ju grinned evilly and pulled her hairband out, pretending to shake out her hair before repositioning two of the fingers on her fake hand and putting the band round the fingers. Insta-catapult. Looking up to make sure Hanky wasn't watching, she put the new paperball in it and pinged it at Rae.

DrMcCoy: "Indeed, one of the newest areas of study is in bacteriophages." Hank shuffled his papers, going past several notes on his newest theory involving just those very things.

Teagan: "I bet an extraterrestrial bacteria is going to be the first 'E.T.-like life form we ever come across.... I just hope I'm the girl to do it..." She grinned.

Nezhno: Nezhno just sat back and let the rest of the class discuss all the wonders of bacteria. He would much rather just sit and let Dr. McCoy teach.

DrMcCoy: "Well, we may have already come across such an ET," he noted absently. "Some argue that the government is covering up evidence of bacteria discovered on Mars."

Jason: "So that you can act as an incubator for them?"

DrMcCoy: That comment from Jason he heard, so he looked up with a disapproving frown.

Kyle: Kyle tried his best to keep up with all the science talk, but it seemed to him he'll just have another one on one with Hank after class to try and stay on par with the rest of the class. Kyle glanced around him. Then again..maybe he was at the same level as the rest, by the looks of it.

Teagan: "I heard that too... and then there's that Andromeda Strain book I read a few days ago. It's an interesting field in the study of bacteria. How can you fight off something completely alien to your biology?"

Ju: "With lasers?"

Warlock: "With really, really big guns?"

Ju: Ju looked over to Warlock and started giggling.

Rogue: Rogue looked between Ju and Warlock and snickered a bit.

Teagan: "Or with a super-powered healing ability?" Moon offered. "But would that even work?

rachel: Startling slightly, Rachel sat up and looked around. What the hell? Shaking her head, she sighed and eyed the clock before letting her head drop back into her arms. When was this class going to end? It was dragging on and on...

Rogue: "Or invulnerability that reaches beyond just skin," Rogue offered with a small shrug and grin.

Jason: Oh dear, Jason realized he had earned a look from McCoy. Well, at least he was starting the school year off right finally.

Warlock: Warlock realised that Ju was pointing and giggling at him ... with two fingers and a hairband hanging off them, and gave her a confused look, "What?"

DrMcCoy: Perhaps he was boring the children? Hank cleared his throat. "Well, yes... people tend to believe big guns work for many things. However, some people have posited that big guns would work to solve the mutant 'problem' as well."

Ju: Ju caught sight of Rae looking around and then settling down again. Ooooh no. Looking around for more ammo, she spotted a paperclip and grinned again before looking at Warlock. "You said the same thing as me. Outta my head!!" Picking up the paperclip she took aim. Was she that evil? Yes, yes she was.

Warlock: Warlock looked even more lost, "Umm ... self wasn't aware that self had telepathy ...?"

Jason: "Now I'm going to imagine people with elephant guns and safari outfits around every corner...apologies if a few actually materialize for anyone else." Well, the apology wasn't really true but it would at least make for some amusement later.

Ju: The paper clip pinged off Rae's ear. "You don't. You just said the same thing as me."

Warlock: "Self ... did?"

Teagan: "So, what sort of things are mutants immune to doctor?" Teagan asked. "like... bacterial-wise or viral-wise."

Nezhno: Nez just laughed at all the commotion going on in the class. Especially Jason's little quip about the safari. "Thanks Jason. The safari theme will put me right back at home."

DrMcCoy: "I'd say it varies, depending on the mutant. Most mutants seem to be a rule unto themselves." Hank drummed his thick fingers against the desk as he took a seat on the edge.

Teagan: "But is there anything we're sort of immune to as a whole? Like... I don't remember being sick, obviously, but I know mostly every kid in America gets Chicken Pox so that they get it when they're young and their system can learn it, adapt to it, and fight it off... can mutants contract these types of things?"

Ju: Ju shrugged. "I got a cold over the summer, so I know I get ill."

Warlock: "Self is probably immune to most bacterial viruses, but a computer one would probably cause a lot of issues."

rachel: "Shit!" Rachel muttered under her breath, hand covering her ear. Okay, that'd stung a bit...

DrMcCoy: Hank waved a big hand at the classroom. "And there is your answer. I know I occasionally fall under the weather as well, I'm certain much to your eternal sadness when classes are canceled."

Kyle: "I think.....I think I'm immune to everything." Kyle added. "Should I try getting..that...uh...chicken pox?" Kyle did remember getting sick once, and that was not fun. But that was only because he had that stupid thing that stops powers on his neck.

Rogue: Rogue shrugged, "Ah've not been sick since Ah was 'bout sixteen."

Jason: "Trying to get something is just a bit of a bad idea there." Jason kept himself from suggesting fleas though he was terribly tempted. It just wouldn't leave his mind now.

Teagan: "Kyle, if you can get the chicken pox... I'll buy you three chickens." She assured him. "Live chickens, all for you."

DrMcCoy: "I think you're just fine, Kyle," he reassured.

rachel: She blew out a breath and blinked. Of course she started listening at the oddest time... Why were they talking about chickens? Actually, she didn't want to know.

Ju: Ju narrowed her eyes at Rae. More ammo was needed. Or maybe she should actually listen to class, considering they were talking about chickens and she didn't know why....

DrMcCoy: Yes, yes he was indeed boring them. Hank balled up a piece of paper on his desk and rocketed it into the very center of the classroom.

Rogue: Rogue blinked as she watched Hank toss a paper wad into the room, "Um..."

Ju: "....Bwah?" Ju watched the paper ball and blinked where it landed. "Uuuh?"

Teagan: "Excuse me Doctor, I need to go get some water for my eyeball..." she said softly, pointing to her ball which was getting stuck in a rolling position in her socket. "... be right back..."

Kyle: Kyle fought the urge to fetch. Sit. Stay.

DrMcCoy: Hank, waved a hand at Teagan. "Yes, of course." He turned back to the class. "Yes, now, as I was saying... in the ever-evolving response to mutants in the modern world, there seems to be many opinions. Such as registration. Since I believe you all need a break from bacteriophages, what do you all think of the recent announcement?"

Warlock: "Announcement?" Warlock shook his head, there was gonna be an announcement? Maybe he should try and pay attention now?

Rogue: Rogue cleared her throat and shifted in her seat, wanting to keep away from that topic, but it seemed to follow her around. "What d'y'all think 'bout it, Dr. McCoy?"

rachel: Rachel forced herself to sit up and make an attempt to pay attention. Raising her eyebrow, she eyed McCoy, "What announcement?"

Jason: Thankful for the Club. "Paranoid and apprehensive...so the usual I suppose. Wondering just how they're going to be enforcing it all." Jason looked around as people started asking what McCoy was talking about. Maybe he was the only one who actually sat in the recroom to watch the news instead of shark week once in a while.

Ju: Ju pouted as Rae sat up. Damnit. No more flicking things. That meant paying attention. "Well....can't say I'm too bothered by it...."

Warlock: "... Ohh ... the act, well self will register since it is the law," he'd completely forgotten about it, what with everything that had happened over the summer.

DrMcCoy: "Yes, enforcement does seem to be a continuing question." He shifted, glancing at Warlock. "Well, it shall indeed be law on December 31. Those of us unregistered on New Years Day will be outlaws."

Warlock: Warlock blinked, ahh, that soon? He'd better get around to it then.

Ju: Ju shrugged. "I think I got registered with my new visa sooo....I'm alright."

Teagan: "No!" She rasped to someone behind the door. "Leave me alone!" She looked back at the classroom and blinked... If she could blush she'd have done it then. She quickly snuck back to her chair and picked up her notes.

rachel: "Well, guess I'll be an outlaw then," she shrugged and decided it was time to try and sleep again. She could at least say she'd paid some attention...

Rogue: Rogue groaned quietly and put her head down on the desk, resisting the urge to hit her forehead very hard on it. "Same, Rae."

Jason: Jason couldn't help it, he started humming the song from those stupid commercials, interrupted by Moon's entrance. "Did the safari people get you or what?"

Rogue: "Though Ah bet Sam'll try an' guilt me inta it."

Nezhno: "I'm right there with you Rachel. Seeing that I'm kind of an unofficial outlaw in my native country."

Teagan: "No Jason... just... .somebody asking me something...." She put her large black 70's sunglasses on and sank in her seat. God, they must think I'm a total freak!

Ju: Ju grinned as Rae put her head down again. Her notepad was going to suffer after this, but she'd just put her memories onto file or something and make notes next time she jacked into a computer. Ball paper, aim, fire and ping.

Jason: "Right." Special. "Well, how are you all going to get around things then?" He had his out but maybe there were other ways he was missing.

rachel: "Pfft, since when does guilting you work?" Rachel glanced over at Rogue, blinking at the paper wad that hit her in the face. Oh, Ju...

DrMcCoy: He paused to look at Teagan with his brows raised. "Ah, Rogue, not that I can in good faith condone flaunting the law, you shouldn't allow another student to pressure you."

Rogue: "Didn't say it would. Just said he'd try."

Ju: Ju stifled the sudden giggle and waved at Rae with her fingertips.

Rogue: "Naw, sug, Sam wouldn't really pressure me inta it. He loves me an' he just thinks its better ta follow tha law ta keep me safe." She winced when she realized she had just called the teacher 'sug'.

rachel: Her eyes narrowed at the wave. Oh, she'd have her revenge.

DrMcCoy: "Excellent, my dear." Hank surveyed the class. At least some of them were engaged. He had no idea how James so often kept them enthralled. "Yes... the law is indeed the law... though, I think we know while Dr Xavier does not consider us to be above the law, he does disagree with it. As do I."

Rogue: "So are ya gonna register?"

Teagan: "I think the people who make laws like that should be stuffed into a rocket and shot off into the sun..." Moon grumbled. She then opened her mouth to say more but something out of the corner of her eye caught her. Grumbling she stuck her head back into her arms on her desk.

Ju: "Well...if you're not above the law, you have to obey it, right?" She raised an eyebrow at Rae in challenge and poked another paper ball.

rachel: She ripped a corner of the blank page in her notebook off and balled it up, glancing between McCoy and Ju before tossing it at her.

DrMcCoy: "I... am undecided. I have been, as is said, out of the closet, for some time. I may well use my position to campaign for change, though, if it would endanger the school I cannot."

Rogue: "Ah think ya could do it, McCoy." Rogue gave him a smile. "Ah think mah easiest reasonin' f' not registerin' is tha fact that Ah cain't prove Ah am one without touchin' somebody really... An' Ah refuse."

Warlock: .... Don't register, they'll be able to find you if you do, Warlock jerks his head around quickly, "Who said that?"

Jason: That was some great word choice there. "Who said what?"

DrMcCoy: "Ah, but that is most certainly not the proof. While you may be exempt from blood testing, I assure you that a swab taken from your inner cheek would be effective and would prove you a mutant," he told Rogue.

Ju: "Well, all the obvious mutants could." Ooooh, it was like that, was it? She flicked it back harder. "I mean, isn't there that Victor in the British army? That's got to show we're the good guys, right?"

Warlock: "About ..." Warlock looked around the class for a couple of seconds, "N-nevermind ... self must have ... imagined it."

Rogue: "Ah thought they needed a blood sample'r ya had ta prove ya were some other way if ya couldn't give blood. Thought that meant showin' ya powers."

Rogue: Victor ain't a good guy at all, she thought bitterly and looked back at her paper.

Teagan: Moon jerked her head. "Who said what?" she asked.

Warlock: "They could drop a car on you, that'd prove it one way or another."

Rogue: "Yeah, but that ain't tha power Ah was given. That's someone else's that Ah took."

Jason: "They just need your DNA. And I'm not sure there is a 'good guys' in this situation. Just the frightened and the screwed."

Warlock: "It's still a power that a normal human wouldn't have, idiot."

Teagan: "Good luck getting mine..." she threatened.

DrMcCoy: "Hmm, yes. Blood testing is the standard, but there are other ways to sample DNA." He nodded at Jason, then whipped his head to look at Warlock. "Civility, please."

Rogue: "Whoa." Rogue blinked at Warlock, "What was that?"

Jason: "Well, Warlock has claws. Who would've guessed that one?"

Warlock: "What?" Dude, is this girl that much of an inbred idiot? Mutter, die ich wo erschrocken bin, ist Sie?

rachel: Rachel pulled out some more paper and folded it up, using the rubberband that was around her wrist to flick it.

Warlock: Warlock jerked his head around again, looking around, "German?"

Rogue: "Why'd ya call me an idiot?"

Teagan: "You okay there, bud?" Teagan offered, putting her hand on his shoulder.

Ju: War!! That was it. Ju balled another piece of paper and used the makeshift catapult to ping it back at Rae.

Warlock: "Shut up! Who said that?" Warlock put his hands either said of his head.

DrMcCoy: Hank sat up straight. "Warlock, are you all right?"

Ju: She realised something was up with Warlock and frowned. " 'Lock? Are you okay?"

Teagan: Teagan took an anxious step back. "Uh... wow. Where's Selene when we need her?"

rachel: Throwing a another piece back at Ju, Rachel blinked at Warlock. Okay... something interesting was finally going on...

Rogue: Rogue frowned and tilted her head, "Warlock, what's wrong, hun? Who said what?"

Warlock: "Self ... self can-" What? Hear voices? Schiztoooo. "Can haz malfunction?" He tried to cover up.

Jason: "Well you've just broken into netspeak so I think malfunction is imminent."

Rogue: She tilted her head a bit more and debated going over to him, "Wow."

Ju: Ju blinked. "Uuuuh....you're malfunctioning?"

Warlock: No one's gonna buy that you ID10T ...

DrMcCoy: "Well... you may be excused, if you'd like, Warlock." Hank stood and checked his watch. "In fact, class is dismissed." He shuffled papers, keeping an eye on one of his oddest students.

Teagan: "Someone get Geordi..." Teagan said quietly to herself. Taking another caution step back she looked to Dr. McCoy.

Warlock: Warlock gathered up his books and papers quickly, stuffing them into a bag, "Gratitude, professordoctorMcCoy," he muttered, blushing hotly.

DrMcCoy: "Of course. If you need me..." he started, looking at Warlock over the top of his spectacles.
Ju: Ju watched the other technopath worridly. Maybe she should follow him or something.....

Warlock: "Self is fine just ... maybe self has contracted a ... virus program ... self should install ad-aware or something ..." he said, not looking up at anyone.

DrMcCoy: Ad-aware? Oh my, maybe he should consult Forge...

Jason: "Hmm, looks like those nanos might be coming for you after all. Fitting with all the bacterial talk."

Warlock: "Shut up!" Warlock snapped, incredbly pissed off at that comment and he had absolutely no idea why.

Teagan: Teagan rolled her eyes. "Honestly, dude?" She asked. "Was that seriously necessary?"

Ju: Ju blinked, standing up a little. "Hey....'Lock, are you sure you're okay? You want me to come with you or....something?"

Jason: Warlock really did have claws it would seem. Jason was quite accustomed to being told to shut up though so that wasn't really that much out of the ordinary.

Teagan: Teagan turned to Rachel, "Hey, can I ask you something... later? Like between us?"

DrMcCoy: Hank straightened up to watch the students. A little dissent was... well, par for the course. But this was a new quarter for dissent.

Warlock: "Self ... is fine, just fine," Warlock said, "Just need to do ... something ..." he rubbed his forehead.

rachel: Rachel blinked, pulling her attention away from what was going on, "Huh? Oh, yeah, sure..."

Teagan: "Good... it's actually really important... can we meet in the bathroom like... really late tonight? Say midnight?" She had a worried look on her face.

Jason: Well, this was just strange. Jason told himself implicitely to keep his nose out of it though. Definitely none of his business...though that wasn't known to stop him with anything else.

rachel: "Uh, yeah, sure..." Okay. She wasn't really sure she wanted to know or not...

Warlock: "See you all next class," Warlock muttered before making his way out of the room.

Jason: Jason half waved. "Well, hopefully that doesn't last too long."

rachel: "Later, 'Lock."

Teagan: "Stay safe Warlock..." Teagan said winking.

Jason: "Well then...that was certainly interesting." Jason waited until Warlock had had time to get away before commenting.

Ju: "Mmm...." Ju shifted worriedly. "I'm....gonna go check he's alright. Later all." Hurridly she packed up her stuff and left.

Jason: "And one by one we all run away." Jason shrugged and started to put his things away. "So how is everyone dealing with the registration stuff?" Jason realized he hadn't actually figured that out with the strange interruption. As amusing as Warlock spouting idiot out in the conversation was it was a bit jarring to a topic after all.

DrMcCoy: Hank looked away from the door. "Ah, yes, well..." He cleared his throat and stepped closer to the remaining students. "To be quite frank, Dr. Xavier has authorized some... research..."

Jason: Jason's eyebrow went up at that, rather high. "Research?"

Teagan: Moon over heard and turned. "Research?" She stepped up to right behind Jason and listened.

Rogue: Rogue looked over to Moon, "Do not do what Ah think ya doin' in our bathroom."

Teagan: Moon waved her hand as if to dismiss Rogue. "Don't worry, not doing that... it's about ghosts."

DrMcCoy: "Well, obviously it's not practical for students to simply hide here, but it's also not an option for any of our charges to be incarcerated. So, we're looking into a middle ground." He blinked at Teagan. "Ghosts?"

Jason: "So, what kind of research would this be? Is that why you've got pages and pages of the bacteria information?"

rachel: Ghosts. Riiight. Rachel blinked and tried to focus on what McCoy was saying. Though, he did say class was over, so did she really have to stay? But, on the other hand, the registration stuff was kinda important...

Rogue: "What sort of middle ground?"

Teagan: "Uh... not ghosts just... stuff I'm dealing with. I can talk to you about it later..."

DrMcCoy: "Ah, at any rate, yes..." Hank removed his glasses and a handkerchief to start nervously polishing. "Essentially an illegal middle ground. I'm researching to see if there is indeed a way for us to trick the system into classifying mutants as humans... at least until another solution can be found."

DrMcCoy: "Scott and I have had some success, but... there is a missing element to our research."
Jason: A smile crept over Jason's face and he had to laugh at Dr. McCoy's seeming reluctance at discussing illegal research. "Anything you particularly need then?"

Rogue: Rogue tilted her head, "What element is that, Dr. McCoy?"

Teagan: "How awful!" Teagan said, putting her hands on her hips. "That's... awful."
Jason: "...what's awful?"

DrMcCoy: "I should rephrase to a missing mystery element. Not to bore you..." He laughed. "Not to bore you further with the technological and biological details, but we lack an effective carrier for our designer phage."

Rogue: Rogue frowned some, growing more interested, "What kinda carrier would be considered effective?"

Teagan: "Oh, no, doctor, none of what you say is boring to me!" She said, nodding enthusiastically.

rachel: "Fairly boring to me," she mumbled.

Teagan: "Hush!" she said, a slightly entertained crack of a smile on her face.

DrMcCoy: Hank nodded bemusedly at Teagan's outburst. Did all the students need ad-aware today? "Ah, well, a carrier that wouldn't infect the host, to be frank. One that would simply do its job and deliver the designer phage to the x-gene without hanging around for its own nefarious purposes."

Rogue: "Would Ah work?" She chewed her lip.

Jason: "He's not talking about a carrier like that...though maybe something about your immunity or one of the healing mutants can help with keeping the host from being infected? No idea."

Rogue: "That's what Ah meant, that's why Ah'm offerin' mahself."

Jason: "But the trick is to get it to work for someone else."

Teagan: "Not to try and make a bid out of this but... wouldn't it make sense to let someone who is dead take a shot at it too?"

Jason: "How are you going to bleed?"

Teagan: "Uhm... okay, point there. I'm sure there's a way to make it work though..."

DrMcCoy: He smiled. "We can certainly look into it, Rogue. I appreciate the offer." He placed his glasses back onto his nose. "We would have to figure out how to get around your powers to obtain a sufficient DNA sample, however." He nodded. "Indeed, Teagan."

Rogue: "Well, y'all're tha one who mentioned swabbin' tha inside o' tha cheek. Ain' that sufficient enough?"

DrMcCoy: "The amount of DNA required to prove you a mutant is far, far less than the amount required for preparing series of samples for extensive testing runs, my dear."

Rogue: "Damn." She chewed the inside of her cheek as she tried to think of something. She remembered the collars everyone was wearing when they got them free from Essex but she bit her cheek harder, not wanting to say anything.

rachel: "Yeah, think I'll pass on being part of research. Plus, don't really think I'd be much help anyway." Well, and the thought brought back something she really didn't want to think about...

Teagan: Teagan almost hugged Rachel when she said that. "Well, I already sell my body to local colleges for studying, I'll gladly do it for this one." She offered.

Jason: "You're a career cadaver?" Jason's brow furrowed. He wasn't sure how that went with keeping things quiet but there really wasn't many hiding options as far as Moon was concerned he supposed.

DrMcCoy: Hank smiled softly at Rachel. "I don't blame you at all, Ms. Grey." Teagan's enthusiasm was amusing, however. "Thank you, I believe we'll take you up on that, if we can find a use for your... as he said, career cadaver skills." He barely stifled a snort.

Rogue: Rogue bit her lip at Rachel's comment, glad she hadn't said anything.

Teagan: "Yup. Love it..." She smiled.

Jason: "Well, whatever floats your boat...or sinks it as it would be more appropriate."

Teagan: "Dead bodies don't drown, they float." She winked.

DrMcCoy: "Well, technically, they do both, as the gases produced during putrifcation can cause the corpse to rise at different periods..."

Jason: "So I guess we'll settle on bobbing then."

Teagan: "I'm a buoy!" She smiled brightly.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

I forgot freak was in chat when we did this so I got him to give me the proper German for 'Lock's line
Warlock: "What?" Dude, is this girl that much of an inbred idiot? Mama, ich habe Angst, wo bist du?
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Awesome job guys!!! Cool to come back to.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.