Read our full Game transcripts here!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

11/15 Ninja Warrior

Post by Ferguson »

11/15 Game: Ninja Warrior

Lorna: Lorna held the clipboard with the team line up to her chest and wondered just how exactly she had gotten roped into today's acivities. Well, she guessed part of being Lizzie's bit-...assistant was getting these plush little jobs. Eyeing the door to the danger room, Lorna braced herself, preparing herself for what might be an interesting time as she brought the program up, the beginning of the obstale course, quite a large rope wall, coming into realization.

Jac: Jac sat on the floor of the DR, using a pen to draw on her trainers, when there was suddenly grass underneath her. Muddy grass at that. Looking up she saw Lorna and gave her a lazy grin. "Alrigh'?"

DrSummers: Scott walked into the DR, shrugging his white coat on - he'd have to start hitting the DR and the gym again...he'd let himself go a bit during the summer. "Hey Lorna...Jacqueline."

Jac: Her face was as stone as the man in white coat called her Jacqueline. Oh the day had come.

Tessa: Tessa leaned against one wall, picking at her fignernails lazily. She was so very glad she didn't have to do those obstacle courses for her own training... and hers was so damn easy, too. "Isn't this just...well it's different. Being the one with the clipboard." She cracked a grin at everyone coming in.

Lorna: "Dandy." Lorna smirked over. "How about you?" She looked up in time to see Scott, complete with coat, walking in. "Hey Scott, going to test out the strength of your bleach running around in that thing?"

DrSummers: "Oh...er." He grinned. "I'll take it off when we start, I suppose." He smiled at the girl on the ground who was now glaring daggers at him. "You're on my team, right?"

Lorna: "Oh yeah, I feel powerful with this thing." Lorna grinned and patted the clipboard. "Usually there's not really much cause for it but hey, any excuse." She shrugged, checking her watch. It was past time to start. "Well then, I guess we might as well get the talking portion of this over, shall we?"

Jac: "Yep. All ready to mop up blood and pop pills in people to perk 'em up," she gave him a slightly sarcastic salute. "Do I get a little bag with a cross on it anna flask of brandy to hang round me neck?"

Tessa: "Oh, the doctor's here. Nice coat, Scott." Tess looked down at her shoes, moving up to her stomach, which was still for the time being, flat. Boy was that not gonna last. "Not on mine..." She had to check the board, since she certainly hadn't memorized who she'd got.

DrSummers: "Uh, no brandy," he said. "But that would be an interesting sight to see."

Lorna: "No brandy? Oh I'm never getting hurt if I don't at least get a drink for my troubles." Lorna chuckled slightly as she looked down at the list. "Well, we're basically sorted as far as teams go I guess. Jac already knows where she's going. You've got Sam and Monet too, Scott. Tessa, you've inherited Selene and Moon. I've got Neznho and nobody is here for infiltration so I'll just let Cessily know."

Tessa: "Yeah, I'm waiting to see what gets blown up with those two." Tessa snickered as she kept mental tally of who was left. "This year should be really interesting. To say the least of it." She still laughed at the idea of Andy being on the medical team....he was so unsuited for it it was funny.

Lorna: Lorna furrowed her eyebrow, wondering what there was that that team had to blow up. Well, that probably wasn't really the best thing to think about. She was sure that they could find something.

Jac: She flicked a stone out of the grip on the sole of her trainer, a little bored especially seeing as she couldn't have brandy and looked at the door with a yawn. "So, do I have ta stay even though I'm the only one? Someone better buy me a drink for this dedication..."

DrSummers: "Every year it seems all they ever do is drink," he whispered to Lorna.

Lorna: "Oh there's more in store." Lorna grinned just slightly wickedly. "I don't get to do my impression of a notice board without my own fun after all."

Tessa: "Joking, Lorna." Tessa raised an eyebrow, watching her expression as Lorna had looked mildly worried. "All we do is mess with computers, anyway, on security. And make sure no one cna get in to stab you all in your sleep."

Lorna: The snort had to come out and Lorna didn't fight it. "Well, at least they have something to bond over I guess." she whispered back.

Jac: She eyed Lorna, well, at least Lorna's idea of fun was usually fairly fun. "More basketball?" she asked hopefully.

Lorna: "Well, not basketball...it involves nets though." Lorna flashed Jac a grin that was a bit too big to bode anything good and gestured behind her to the wall. "May I introduce you to a time honoured Xaviers tradition, the non-powered obstacle course!"

Jac: "...Sweet...." Jac noticed the course properly now and it looked awesome. "Bet you could pull a sick grind down them beams..." she was slightly tempted to run and get her skates for this, see how much she could do on them.

Tessa: "Oh, lord. Again with that thing." Tessa chuckled, remembering the utter dislike she'd had for that thing. "I'm so very lucky I don't have to do them." not that she was really lazy, just....that much running around wasn't exactly her style. "You could really fly through it, though, couldn't you?" She nodded at Jac.

Lorna: "You don't have to do them? Since when?" Lorna arched her eyebrow, smirking wickedly still.

Jac: "Well if I flew through it, it'd defeat the point of the whole course." Jac slouched back a bit. "It's called 'cheatin'."

Jac: "Anways me power ain't flyin'. It's runnin' and there's a difference," she added, poking her pen through the back of her ponytail in hopes she wouldn't lose it.

DrSummers: "These were actually quite a bit of fun. And you do have to do it. It's what this class is about."

Tessa: "Is fun really the right word for this?" Tess bent and tucked her shoelaces under, pulling on her shirt as she stood. "The day when I never have to do those cannot come soon enough."

DrSummers: Scott took off his coat and tossed it over a bush. He started stretching, smiling happily. Yeah, he'd missed this, and he'd have to remember to pace himself properly.

Jac: Jac got to her feet and started to stretch her limbs, pulling her shorts up and tying the drawstring a little more tightly. "It beats sitting round in a classroom all day, I'll tell ya that."

Lorna: Lorna set the clipboard aside and started stretching herself. "Yeah, these things are good once in a while. Makes me realize how much more I can improve."

Tessa: Tessa snorted lightly. "Unless of course that's what you're suited for. Which I am." She chuckled as she stretched with the rest of them.

Jac: "Ah they're good full stop," she wandered over next to Lorna. "Oh! D'you ever paintball or anythin' like that? Go raftin'? This place can do that stuff, right?"

Lorna: "Oh yeah." Lorna grinned. "Done paintballing, haven't rafted before. We should definitely do that." Lorna nodded, deciding that that would be great fun. "Right, let me know when you guys are ready to get this bugger going."

Tessa: Tessa was quiet in her own thoughts, not saying anythign to the others about her little secret. "Whenever you are."

DrSummers: "Ow." He sighed. "We can do all that, if you want, Jacqueline. I'm good to go."

Jac: "Sweet!" she grinned at the idea of turning the DR into rapids. "And don't call me that, really. It's Jac or a kick to yer shins, mister."

DrSummers: "Right. Thank you, I'll remember that, Jac."

Jac: "Goodo. I'm nice as pie as long as you're reasonably nice to me," she grinned at the Doc evilly.

Lorna: "Well, someone's feisty." Lorna laughed leading the way to the wall. "Okay, on your marks, and set." Lorna grabbed one of the ropes, grinning. These things really were fun.

DrSummers: He grabbed his own, sharing Lorna's grin.

Tessa: "Set, mark, whatever." Tessa took a rope and gradually tuned everyone else out, brushing her hair out of her face. "Are we trying to get through it the fastest, or just get through it?"

Lorna: "Well, do try to put a good time up. No need to not try your best after all. Go!" Lorna clicked her stopwatch and started up.

Jac: Jac ingored the others, grabbed the rope and put her feet against the wall, pushing up forcefully towards the top, then looked down as she heard the actual 'Go'. "Oops?"

DrSummers: He went up easily enough, letting out a whoop. "Go team Medical!" he said as he reached the top a second before Lorna.

Tessa: Tessa snorted, climbing easily and coming up to the top just a second after Scott, not paying the whoop or calls any real attention. She was lucky, she could mostly climb with her legs and just go up like a frog, until of course she had to change courses.

Lorna: Lorna was up and over, trying not to laugh at the cheer from Scott. Laughter made it hard to go. She started off into the next obstacle, running through the rope grid towards the balance beam ahead. "Heh, I think this program might have rapids in it after all. That's a big roar.

Jac: Eyeing Lorna, she put a foot on the beam and started to walk across, carefully pulling her feet around, placing one infront of the other as she made her way across. She could so bomb round this in ten seconds but that took the fun out of it. She could always do it after at speed anyways...

DrSummers: "Wait for me!" He followed Lorna wholeheartedly, forgetting to pace. "I so picked the wrong profession," he joked as he caught up with her, pulling himself onto a beam. He started after Jac, wavering only slightly.

Jac: Taking a glance at the water below, she smiled a little. It actually was sort of tempting to just go and jump in, but, again, she could go do that after the course got finished.

Lorna: "Not a lot of balance beams in medicine, eh?" Lorna gave up not laughing as she worked her way on the balance beam. She was never a big fan of these things when she wasn't letting herself cheat but she was practiced enough she only had a few moments of wobbliness.Jac: Jac tossed herself over the wall with a loud thump as she made contact with the ground.

Tessa: Tessa ran along the beam, trusting her balance enough to not fall off. It was after all soemthing she was good at. "Oh I hate these..." Tessa slipped once, and anticipated the fall, swinging into it and coming out of the very sloppy somersault with a wobble. "Happy computers. Happy..."

DrSummers: "No, but there's a lot of fence in Nebraska....just haven't gone on one in a while."

Lorna: "Heh, about the size of some of those fences I imagine." Lorna wished sometimes that they would program these things just a little wider. Her feet just weren't meant to walk on something thinner than they were.

Jac: "Yeah, wish I hadn't worn these trainers, they're wide," Jac pouted as she managed to get off the other side, almost slipping a little in the mud as she came off.

DrSummers: "You okay, Tessa?" He paused long enough to assess she was alright. With a leap managed to get to the more solid ground, stumbling in the mud as his sneakers slipped a bit.

Jac: "Did she actually go in the river?" Jac laughed over her shoulder as she trotted over towards the next thing.

Tessa: "Oh yeah. Doing good, just a little wobbly today." She pushed fingers through her hair roughly, dragging it away from her face. "You?" She paused to look over her shoulder at him before she huffed and followed Jac. Thank god she wasn't going full speed...

Jac: Hmmm, climbing nets. Jac had to resist breaking into a piratey song as she clambered into the 'rigging'. Oh this was fun...But slippy, with mud on her soles.

Lorna: "No, I think she managed to keep out." Which was quite the feat indeed." Lorna took a breath and looked towards the nets. "Yarrr!" She took a jump at them, waiting to stop swinging before climbing more.

Jac: "Yo ho, yo ho a pirates life for meeee!" Jac gave in, pulling herself up, the net narrowing a little as it reached up, just like real rigging...

DrSummers: He followed Lorna up, making a bad job of it. "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for meeee- damn!" He grabbed onto the rope as his foot slipped, his leg going through a hole. He disentangled himself and started up again.

Tessa: "Oh, shit." Tessa paused and blew out a muttered phrase as she climbed the rope, going up sideways as it was quicker. "Yo-ho, yo-Ho....I hate these nets so much." At least she didn't slip on this, that was good.

DrSummers: At the top, he scraped the mud off his shoes on one of the rungs before going down the other side.

Lorna: "Friggin in the riggin, friggin in the riggin!" Okay, singing was out of line for these things. Lorna quit quickly as she neared the top, grabbing onto the ladder and swinging over after Scott.

Jac: Jac threw herself over the top, wondering when it had turned into singing class and dropped down past Scotty boy. Going down as faster for her but she was more likely to break her neck as she paid little attention to where she was going.

Tessa: "Are we having fun ye-hehehe!" Tessa's query dissolved into laughs at Lorna's singing, making her lose her grip on the ladder rung and nearly fall. "Bad idea!"

Jac: Hitting the ground, Jac ran along a stretch, stopping as she saw a little mound in the ground with water trickling out of a person sized gap. Oh well...Taking her shoes off, she threw them to the other side and knelt down, taking a breath as she crawled through the tunnel. She haaaaated these.

DrSummers: "Ugh. These suck." He paused to let Lorna catch up. "Ladies first," he said with a bow.

Lorna: "Laughing at my singing?" Lorna sped up down the ladder, afraid that there might be an incident before she could get to the tunnles. "Why thank you!" Lorna bowed back and scurried in. "Yuck, they did a good job on them whoever programmed this."

DrSummers: "I bet it's Lizzie." He burrowed in after Lorna, spitting out a mouthful of mud. "Gross."

Lorna: "Yeah, boss lady is thorough." Lorna made a face and decided keeping her mouth shut would be prudent in this thing.

Tessa: Tessa caught up at the same time as Lorna, giving the tunnel a mild look of distate mefore she followed Scott. "Ew. It smells like a sewer in here..." She slid on her hands and knees, slipping in the mud that seemed to be prevalent. "and a sadist."

Jac: The cold, muddy water sloshed around her face unplesantly as she yanked herself through. Think of the shower after, think of the shower....Eventually, though it couldn't have been more than a minute, she popped out of the end, gasping for breath and made a grab for her shoes, yanking them on.

Jac: Pressing on, she flicked her wet hair out of her face as she looked up at the big poles with metal treads hammered in at odd places for hand and foot holds. Fuuun. Glad she didn't get her shoes wet, Jac made her way up the nearest one of the two.

Lorna: Lorna sped up as she saw light after Jac popped out of the tunnel. "Oh I think there is muddy water in places best left alone." She sloshed out as quick as she could manage and looked up at the poles. Wet climbing was definitely a good deal harder.

Tessa: "Oh was that disgusting." She had mud all over her front as she came out of that mess, thinking of a particularly nasty equivalent for this, if she ever got the opportunity to program this herself. "Oh, now what is this?" She hoisted herself up and started climbing, wishing to be out of this yuck.

DrSummers: Getting to the top of his pole he paused, wishing he'd not soaked his shoes. He made a leap for the first hopping pole and barely made it, arms windmilling.

Jac: Quite enjoying herself as she scrambled up the climbing poles, Jac glanced back down at the others and gave a cheerful wave, holding on to the pole with one hand, before she regained her concentration and carried on up to the top of the platform.

Lorna: Lorna eyed the hopping poles with an air of trepidation. Right, it was easier than she was making it out to be, she had done these millions of times but she couldn't help but make a face at them as she made her way the rest of the way up her pole.

Jac: The hoppy poles were fun, she figured, as she bounced across after reaching the platform at the top of the pole, thankful she had perfect legs for this, and plenty of practise at jumping around like Tigger on crack.

DrSummers: He didn't make it to the next one, however and dropped into the pond. "Damn."

Lorna: "Okay Scott?" Lorna asked, starting the poles carefully, waving her arms as she was sure the poles lurched foward a foot as she landed on them. She knew she had to be exaggerating but still.

Jac: Jac laughed as Scott dropped into the water and looked back at Lorna evilly. "Reckon he has to go back to the start?"

Lorna: "Oh that woul be cruel." She laughed. She was going to have to do that to people sometime.

Tessa: "Oh screw it all." Tessa came off the top of her own pole and followed Jac, mimicking the moves she made and found it incredibly easier than slogging through using her own. "Hope not." Oh, following this chick was easier.

DrSummers: "Damn right, I'm not going all the way back." He took off swimming, weaving through the poles.

Jac: "I'm just glad I've got years of practise jumpin' about on skates...snowboards...skatebaords..." Jac decided not to list any more as she made another jump. "Plus bein' a runner helps as well. Got good legs."

Lorna: "Yeah, well I wish I had drank some Gummi Bear juice or something before this. Instant ninja juice would be very win right about now." Lorna gave another hop, deciding not to look beyond the next pole. One at a time.

Jac: Jac laughed at that. "Aw that'd be well cool if they made stuff like that. Imagine the adverts - Are you desparate to suceed? Tired of being average and want to get ahead of the pack? Drink instant ninja juice and be one with the hidden dragon!"

Tessa: "And following you is so much easier than going it my own way." Tessa jumped and nearly fell off, slipping as she grasped the pole and her feet didn't quite make it to the right place.

DrSummers: Taking a breather, he noticed they were getting ahead, he doubled his efforts and sped off again. Much easier without clothes and shoes.

Lorna: Pole. Pole. Pole. My feet are going to be so miserable by the end of this. Lorna cringed inwardly and allowed herself a look up, seeing the platform and zip line still poles ahead of her.

Jac: Jac raised an eyebrow at that, wondering just how Tessa had decided to copy her as for all she knew, she didn't have strenghtened tendons in her legs or any skating experience and jumped on to the last pole before the platform, then glanced up at the zipline with a big grin.

Tessa: "I'll explain it later." She sighed at the zipline, but at least this one had a lesser chance of her falling off. Maybe. "Oh I so much prefer computers to this. So much."

DrSummers: He slogged out of the water and shook himself. "Oh, sweet." He squelched over to the lines. "I love these."

Jac: Grabbing hold, Jac kicked of the platform with a cheer, that waivered a little as she saw some very itchy looking hay bales at the end for her to fall into. Lovely.

Lorna: "They're wonderful fun." Lorna giggled and grabbed onto the hold, kicking off with a yell after Jac.

DrSummers: He went carefully up to the platform and rocketed off with another yell.

Jac: Wizzing down the line, Jac bent her legs a little as she neared the bottom and those bales. Least there wouldn't be things living in them, she thought as she let go and tumbled into the hay.

Tessa: Tessa went down last, closing her eyes tightly until she tumbled intot he hay baled at the bottom with a jolt. "Jesus!" She didn't exactly dislike...okay, that was a lie.

Jac: Jac ran along the marked out path, wondering what was next on the list, when all that lay ahead of her after about five minutes was an opening in a hedge. Sheugging she ducked into it.

Jac: Harry Potter time. Maybe she'd find the Triwizard cup...

DrSummers: He rolled around in the hay and came up throughly hideously covered in it. "One summer, Chris covered me honey and made me roll in the bales just to piss our parents off. I had to get hosed down outside. Good times."

DrSummers: He went off after Jac, not wanting the medical team to be bested. "What is this?"

Lorna: "Oh nice." Lorna laughed, trying not to imagine that. It was hard though but probably not accurate to how it actually happened. In her mind Scott was picking at his white coat with a pouty expression and a very askew stethoscope. "Looks like were doing some gardening."

Tessa: "God, that must have sucked." Tessa picked herself up and ran along, raising an eyebrow at the hedges. "A bush?" Just what they needed, more obstacles. "Are we supposed to go through it, or around it?"

Lorna: "It's a maze." Lorna explained, speeding up on her run towards the opening. "I'd guess that anyway."

Jac: Jogging along the path, she took a turn, half expecting some little critter thing to jump out at her to make things more interesting. It would be more interesting than a load of leaves and twigs after all, though she knew better than to not expect nothing...

DrSummers: He looked around. Somewhere, he'd taken the wrong turn and was now alone and lost. He picked some hay from his hair and chewed on it thoughtfully. "Well, this sucks." He yelled, "Lorna, can we use powers or not?"

Lorna: "No eyeing the hedges inappropriately!" Lorna laughed and turned around, deciding that left obviously wasn't the right choice that time.

Jac: Ducking back out of another dead end, Jac settled on heading down a particulary dark and shadowed path as it was likely the safest one and only looked creepy as hell to put people off it. "Do we get dragons next?" she called out.

DrSummers: "Damn." He turned and went back the way he'd come, following the sound of Jac's voice.

Lorna: "I want to meet the sphinx myself." Lorna laughed, popping out of her tunnel and starting down the opposite way.

Jac: "Hah stuff that, what about Voldemort?" she laughed. "So is this just a maze or what? And by sayin' this am I gonna fall in quicksand?"

DrSummers: He went left right, then left and nearly smacked right into Lorna as he stumbled through an opening. "Well, hello there. Fancy meeting you here."

Tessa: "Ha ha." Tessa gave up on trying to figure it out the old-fashioned way and climbed up, although slowly as the bush didn't want to support any weight. She spotted the end and hopped back down, working her way to where she rememebred it to be.

Lorna: "Oof!" Lorna stumbled back into the bush, laughing. "Well, didn't expect to bump into you like that." She snorted, brushing herself off.

DrSummers: "Sorry."

Jac: Jac swaggered past the, both and pointed out 'We go diss waaay!" as she continued on her chosen path,

Lorna: "I think she's right." Lorna nodded, heading after Jac.

Jac: Doing her best brownie impression from Willow, she went on, wishing that the reference wasn't lost so she could have a fellow brownie or even a Val Kilmer.

Lorna: There was light at the end of the tunnel as they rounded the corner. "Ahha, finish line!"

DrSummers: He followed picking bits of hay and leaf from his hair. "I get first dibs to leave to get a shower, by the way."

Jac: "Well we ain't gonna use the boys room," Jac pointed out as she threw herself down rather dramatically on the marker for the end of the course.

Lorna: Lorna couldn't resist faking a slowmotion run for the finish. "Oh, I cannot wait for the shower!" She snorted, calling out for the program to end.

[17:41] DrSummers: He waved to the girls and dashed out of the door.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/15 Ninja Warrior

Post by Slarti »

Lorna: "Yeah, well I wish I had drank some Gummi Bear juice or something before this.
HA! Okay, I had totally forgotten about that cartoon until I read that. ><