Read our full Game transcripts here!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

10/04 Game: Friends of Mutantity

Post by littlebamf »

Weds May 5th

Remy: Remy walked a little into the surf, letting the waves tickle around his ankles, his bottle in hand. The party was a cool one - lots of different people. Looked like they were working on a bonfire. It was bright enough that his glasses weren't commented on.

Raya: Raya laid out on a towel, tugging at the bottom of the shirt she wore over her suit. She'd debated wearing something more covering, but it was warm, and sunny... And anyway no one was going to be seeing her totally bare. "Hey Remy! Nice glasses." She sat up to pull the sandals off her feet, as they got tangled in the sarong around her legs.

Rogue: Rogue pulled her hair up into a ponytail and leaned back on her elbows on the towel, glad to be out in the real sun instead of the one in the DR. She tilted her head to the side as she watched her friends around her for a moment before leaning over to dig in her cooler and grab a bottle of whiskey. She looked over at what Raya said and smirked as she peered at Remy over the top of her own, "Hey, sugah, those look familiar."

Amara: Amara spread a blanket and sat on it, maybe she'd wander towards the water later but now she wanted some sunbathing time. She removed her jeans and her light shirt and lay down in her bikini, using her clothing as a pillow. She had no need for sunglasses so she lay quite happily staring up at the sky.

Neena: Neena sighed happily as she slipped out of her flip flops. She didn't bother with a blanket, and flopped down in her rashguard and board shorts next to Rogue. "My kind of place," she grinned happily.

Andreas: Far away from the busy hustling around him (at least in mind), Andreas was lying on his favourite towel, well protected from the hot sand and his earphones shoved in until they nearly hit gold. He felt too lazy for work, but maybe good old Mozart would bring him the groove to get up.

Remy: He snorted, nodding over to the masses. "Didn't know how much we wanted t' hang it all out. Figured I'd get t' know dese folks first, neh?"

Cessily: Cessily sat cross-legged on her large, fluffy bath towel and fidgeted with the large umbrella she had set up. Since she hadn't wanted to sit on the beach with all her clothes on, she had decided to sit in the shade. Otherwise, everyone else would have ended up being blinded by her skin.

Cessily: When she was certain that the umbrella wouldn't just get blow away by the wind or fall over to crush anyone, she sat back and took of her shirt and shorts, wearing her bikini underneath.

Cessily: Almost instantly she could feel everyone withing sight having a look at her unusual features. At least it didn't bother her any more.

Rogue: "Still a bit chillier than Ah'd like, but not bad," she nodded at the cooler and took a drink off her bottle, "Help yaself, Nee. Got some snacks, too."

Kyle: Kyle was wearing his baggy yellow and green and red swim trunks. He was stepping around in the sand, looking around. Go in the water or sit in the sun? he wondered.

Amara: Amara sighed happily, glad to be out in the sun. It made her feel good and reminded her of happier summers. A thought occurred to her and she sat up quickly, checking her bag, it was alright though, she'd remembered her emergency rations. She sighed with relief and lay down again, shaking her head and chastising herself for thinking she could have forgotten them.

Neena: "Thanks, sweetie," Neena tied her hair up in a loose pony before getting herself a daiquiri cooler. "It seems cooler, but Cali is just like this. With this nice seabreeze." She sat again and peeled off her rashguard, adjusting her bikini top.

Jason: Jason groaned quietly as he adusted his sunglasses and laid down on his towel, having no intentions of moving any time soon. Apparently a few drinks at the Club did not go well with an amazingly bright sun and too many people the next day. Why did he come here again? Bed was sounding quite appealing.

Remy: Turning he walked back up onto the beach barefoot, skin collecting the sand so his feet were dusted in it. "People are pretty friendly though." He gave a nod and smile to a passing couple who waved. "Pretty cool t' jus' hang out wit' people, neh? I mean, d' group is good, but we're pretty insular."

Raya: "It's lovely this time of year, Rogue, what're you talking about?" Raya smiled, laying her arms over her knees. "It gets too hot in the sand in the middle of summer...and I should know. "

Rogue: "Ah'm talkin' 'bout tha South, darlin'. Sure, it's nice an' pretty out, but it could be a bit warmer. Don't ever get tha right temperature up here."

Andreas: Okay, now that Amdeus had rocked him up, Andreas finally stood up and cast a glance around. "I hope we're having a barbecue later on," he murmured to himself.

Rogue: "C'mon, Rem, y'all know what Ah'm talkin' 'bout. Am Ah right, or am Ah right?" She grinned up at her best friend.

Amara: Amara opened an eye when she heard Andreas, hoping it wasn't a sly dig at her. Then she figured she was probably being paranoid and went back to sunbathing.

Remy: "Wellll...it can get hot up here d' middle of summer - but it ain't dere yet. Dat's for sure." He drained the rest of the beer and flopped beside them. "So...anyone meet anyone interestin' yet?"

Cessily: Cessily grinned at Remy and nodded. "That's true. I guess it shows that this state voted against the MRA." She looked around the beach. "So far, no one seems to be bothered by us."

Neena: Neena took a swig of her drink and tipped her head back to let the sun hit her face. "Very true, Cess. And I can't tell you how good it feels to not have the makeup caked on today."
Cessily: "Not yet," she replied to Remy's question, "but I only took off my clothes and started looking just now. Who knows what'll happen?"

Raya: "Don't you? I like it, it's like home. Except wetter..." Raya flicked sand at Remy's already dusted legs in fun, ending up with some on her own towel. "See, Cess, it's not so bad. no one's done anything horrible yet."

Rogue: "Not yet," she waved her bottle a bit, "An' not f' a bit either."

Jason: "Are you intending on turning someone on a spit?" Jason decided that it was best for him to at least try to stay awake. God only knows what people could get up to while he was asleep after all.

Kyle: Kyle finally decided to try the water out and the minute his feet touched wetness, he retracted his decision and went for lying down in theson like the rest. Every so often shaking his feet to get rid of excess sand clinging to wet furred feet.

Cessily: You're right." Cessily have Raya a smile and nodded. "Perhaps I was just worrying too much again. You know I have a bad habit to do this."

Remy: "Yeah. Well. Guess dese are dumb den." He slipped his glasses off and pocketed them. Watching Kyle flick sand around he had to chuckle at the resemblance to a big put off cat. "Y' doin' alright dere, mon ami?"

Rogue: "They ain't dumb, sugah. Look good on ya." She tapped the side of her glasses, "An' useful too."

Cessily: "I bet fur and sand don't agree with each other," Cessily suggested with a grin. "I'm just happy that this stuff doesn't stick to my metal."

Remy: "Oui , but it's a bit of a joke t' be hidin' me when all d' others can't." He reached out and tickled Cessily's foot.

Andreas: Cessily's words of doubt reached his ear and drew him closer to the little group. "I doubt we have to worry about anything..." He stopped to notice two highschool girls passing by, looking at his butt, and giggling. "Nothing at all..."

Cessily: Cessily giggled and kicked her legs, sending some sand flying over Remy.

Rogue: "Ya don't use 'em just ta hide. Sun's bright out." She shrugged though and chugged some of her whiskey before laying flat on her back.

Neena: "Yeah, I wish I had brought mine," Neena shielded her eyes to look at Remy. "Don't worry about it."

Rogue: Rogue squinted and turned her head away as some sand hit her face, "Hey, y'all be careful!"

Raya: Raya smiled at Cess. "Yeah, you do. You look good, in the sun, too. I like your suit." She moved to sit by Cess, her sarong flipping in the slight breeze, exposing her legs.

Amara: "Lukily for me I don't need sunglasses," Amara put in, opening her eyes again.

Jason: "You can throw yourself a parade." Jason was thanking God for sunglasses at the moment, not caring that he didn't believe in what he was thanking.

Kyle: "I'm okay," Kyle finally answered Remy when he got closer. With a last flick of the feet, he dropped like a stone on the sand.

Cessily: "I don't care any more," she explained to Remy. "At least, I think that I don't. I don't wanna hide, and so people either accept me or their don't. But that's their problem now, not mine." She turned her head to give Raya a smile.

Andreas: "You just shouldn't hope for a cute guy asking whether he can help you with the suncream, sorry." A cheeky wink got thrown after that so that she wouldn't take it as an insult.

Cessily: "Thanks, you do, too." She chuckled. "Though, I'll better stay in the shade or I'll turn into a disco ball here in the bright sunlight."

Remy: He finished brushing and spitting the sand out and nodded. "Y're right petite. It's a good attitude t' have."

Graydon: Graydon laughed, nearly spurting beer at something Miranda said as the small group laughed too. The sun was warm, the beer was cool and no uni! Unfortunately the sun meant the beach was full, but some of the sights....he made sure Mir wasn't watching and snuck a look at a pair of scantily clad sunbathers of the female persuasion. Mmm.

Raya: "Aww, but we could have a disco party!" Raya giggled. "That might be fun, like at sunset if we stay out so long."

Amara: Amara sat up and look over at the cooler... so far.... "Can someone toss me a drink? I'm comfy here..."

Rogue: Rogue snickered at a memory, "Oh yeah, wasn't it Terry who was enthralled by Cess accidentally bein' a disco ball?"

Jason: "Do we really need more bright things around? I say we keep Cessily well shaded."

Neena: "Here sweetie," Neena reached for the cooler and tossed Amara a drink. "Enjoy."

Remy: Lifting the lid to the cooler he rooted around till he found one he liked. "Hmm. An' with d' colours of d' sunset...dat'd be pretty. Not dat y' aren't pretty already chere."

Cessily: Cessily laughed. "Yeah, we can do this later, when the sun isn't so bright anymore. Just convince me that it's a good idea to dance in the sunset, and you all will get your show."

Kyle: Kyle looked around, and then grabbed at the sand next to him. Last time he was atthe beach was in Miami with Laura. He started bunching you the sand at his legs.

Andreas: "She would have to spin around all the time, though," he answered Raya's suggestion.

Amara: Amara smiled a Neena, "Thanks, and Cess I'll dance with you - we can have a prolonged sunset then," she winked.

Jason: "Least she'd have a reason to be loopy then." Jason muttered well under his breath as he contemplated whether it was worth it or not to get something from the cooler...maybe later.

Rogue: Rogue finished off the bottle quicker than usual, hoping it would hurry up and start effecting her. Stupid tolerances. She hopped up and went to the nearest trash can to toss it in then came back and settled back down.

Cessily: Cessily sat up and reached for the box with the beverages, fishing out a cold lemonade. "Anyone else want something?" She looked around. "I know how to dance properly," she told Andy with a grin.

Raya: "Would not. She'd just have to dance with us." Raya called back to Andreas. "Not a literal diso ball, silly." She felt the sun getting warm on her back and fidgeted, shedding the tee shirt and adjusting the straps on her suit nervously. She was glad that it was a higher backed one than what was in fashion now, but still it was kind of exposing. "Maybe you could swim with us later."

Remy: Lifting a brow at how quickly Anna had chugged that one he tipped his head at her. "Y' doin' alright dere petite?"

Cessily: "Yeah, I'd totally want to swim later. The water looks nice. Perhaps we'll get some more waves, then I could attempt to surf again."

Neena: "Isn't the water too cold?" Neena asked, digging her feet into the sand. "I mean, its not totally summer yet, right?"

Amara: Amara sipped her drink and lay back a little, leaning on her elbows.

Miranda: Miranda giggled and reminded herself to slow down with the beer. It was just warm enough to make her a little giddy, though not nearly as warm as back home. She scratched at her shoulder. Sunburn already? She noticed Graydon looking around and ....hey! She made a face at him.

Rogue: "Fine," she flashed Remy a smile and gave him an over-exaggerated kissy face then laughed. "See?"

Cessily: "Well, yeah, chilly. But not ice cold any more," she smiled at Neena before turning to Amara. "Hey, maybe 'Mara could boil it a little for us," she suggested jokingly.

Jason: "Are we cooking swimmers? Now I'm glad I came."

Graydon: He suddenly felt eyes on him and quickly looked away from the girls, taking a drink from the bottle in his hand and shooting a grin at Mir in half-apology. He scooted to her, only half-listening to the conversation around him. Hah, now there was a guy that should not have worn speedos. Ew. Wanting to block the sight of that out, Graydon sought for more interesting things.

Amara: Amara giggled, "If you want me to swim I'll have to warm it up some - I don't like cold water anymore." She pouted slightly.

Neena: "Oh, then swimming sounds fantastic. Surfing too," She nodded to Cessily. "I wish I hadn't left my board back home!"

Miranda: She eyed him for a speculative moment and then forgave him with a shrug, looking around the beach herself. Wow it was crowded.

Cessily: "You can use me," Cessily announced with a big grin. "I'm a shape-shifter, remember? A surfboard is easy to do for me."

Andreas: Andy wondered whether he should try out surfing today, but the idea of nose-diving his way back to the beach while everyone was looking didn't appeal.

Remy: "Mmhmm. Dat looks jus' great. Y' tanked enough den?" He chuckled at Cessily. "Y' know...I bet y're eyein' up d' crowd like a person openin' a box of chocolates. Wonderin' which one t' bite into first."

Neena: "That would be so intense!" Neena laughed. "I'd feel so bad though."

Raya: "I've never surfed before. If you promise not to drown me I'll try it." She smiled at Cess.

Rogue: Rogue laughed again and shook her head, "Nah, sugah. Just playin'. Ah wish though."

Jason: "That's just a thinly veiled excuse to get her to straddle you, isn't it?" Jason pulled himself up to actually sit so he could see people, though the head protested the movement. It didn't matter how many waiter bitches Lady Lizzie had at the club, Jason wasn't abusing that again at least until he forgot about this.

Amara: Amara giggled at Jason, "Well spotted." she grinned at Cess.

Raya: "Is not!" Raya mock-glared at Jason, grinning, as she tossed sand at him.

Cessily: "Hey, I'm not that bad!" Cessily laughed again. "Well, maybe I am. But why shouldn't I use my powers to everyone's benefit? I'll also be the life-boat, if it should be needed."

Remy: Laughing again he nodded. "Oh jus' do dat slow mo babewatch run across d' beach an' dey'll be clingin' t' y' like y're a preserver all right."

Neena: Neena grinned. "Or a kayak, perhaps?" She made a little sand mound with her hands.

Graydon: Graydon smiled at Mir before ditching the empty bottle and wondering if he should have another yet. "Having fun?" He murmured quietly before accepting a cigarette off one of their friends. He looked around the beach again and caught sight of something that made him squint. Huh? Why was that girl under an umbrella on the first good sunny day of the year?

Andreas: "Can you do a hoovercraft?"

Jason: Jason made a face and dusted the sand off of him. "Dirt throwing, really?"

Teagan: Teagan came running up over a sand dune with her back pack filled to the brim with tequila bottles. "You didn't tell me you were at this beach!" She called out, waving.

Rogue: Rogue pulled her knees up to her chest and leaned over a bit to help Neena with the sand mound, "Wanna make somethin'?

Cessily: "That would be a little too complex, I'm afraid," she told Andy. "And would also require me to blow a whole lot of air around to stay afloat." She turned to Neena. "Sure, that would be easy."

Neena: "Yeah, let's make a super fort!" Neena laughed. "It will be epic. This sand holds up great."

Amara: Amara waved at Moon, "Hey!" she smiled and beckoned her over, "Sorry did you go to the wrong one?"

Miranda: "Sure. It's a nice day... got good company..." she wrinkled her nose and stole his cigarette while he was distracted. "Got a free smoke..." She laughed and took another drink. "What are you looking at?" She lifted her hand to shade her eyes and squinted toward the water.

Cessily: "Heya!" Cessily waved at Moon. "Sweet that you could make it."

Jason: "So it would be more of a hummercraft?" Jason winced at his own joke, deciding that he must have killed one too many braincells as well.

Rogue: Rogue opened a new bottle and took a small drink. "Ha! Ok!" She shifted to sit on her knees and pushed the cooler away a bit then used her free hand to start piling up more sand.

Raya: "Hey Moon!" Raya waved happily at seeing her friend out. "I hold up better, Neena! And I can bounce you back if you fall on me." She stuck her tongue out on a snicker.

Teagan: "The wrong one? I went to like five wrong ones." She said smiling. "But it's okay, I found an abandoned cooler filled with Tequila!" she ripped the bottles out and handed some to Amara, Neena, Ces, and Jason.

Cessily: Cessily made a face and put on a deliberately stupid grin. "Ooh, that was all kinds of awful, Jason."

Andreas: "Hummercraft?...What do crustaceans have to do with that?" He shrugged at Jason, there was someone who always had to make a 'joke'.

Neena: "Moon you're totally my hero," Neena took a swig of her bottle. "Now come and watch me and Rogue create our epic fortress. It will be ginormous."

Graydon: "Hey! Gimme." Graydon took the cigarette back and mock-pouted, hand going through his short blond hair as it went back to his lips. "Brat." He said half-seriously before waving. "Chick over there under an umbrella. Looks a little strange - I thought all the girls would be sunbathing, mmm?" He put a finger under Mir's bikini strap and pinged it in demonstration.

Teagan: "Oh hey Raya!" She called back, running over.

Jason: "I know, I'm both ashamed and impressed." Jason made a face at the tequila. No, not this time. "No thanks."

Remy: It was getting hotter, north or no. He'd worn swimming trunks in case, but he stripped off his shirt for good measure now. It felt good to have the sun on him again. "Y' stole someone's tequila? We gonna have a bunch of people chargin' at us later?"
Cessily: Cessily chuckled and gave Raya a grin. "Just remind me that we really shouldn't play hide and seek on the beach with you."

Rogue: "Hey! Where's mah bottle," she mock-glared at Moon.

Amara: "Moon you are officially my favourite person today," Amara grinned and opened the bottle, sniffing it, "Ahhh, real alcohol."

Teagan: Moon shrugged at Rogue and Remy. "I can't imagine they noticed, they were really wasted. As for where yours is." She reached into her bag and pulled out a box of sangria. "Wunt?"

Teagan: "Boxed whine! YAY!" She clapped and set it at Rogue's feet.

Rogue: Rogue blinked at Amara then laughed and shook her head before noticing what Moon was offering her, "Oooh! Yeah! Feel free ta pick somethin' out f' yaself of mah hard stuff..."

Miranda: "And I'm the brat!" She squealed, smacking his hand away, then giving him a smile and a shake of what was inside the bikini top. She looked back to the umbrella, ready to dismiss it until she saw something strange... and hairy. "Heeeeey.... isn't that the Pace mascot? Wouldn't that costume be really fucking hot on the beach?"

Kyle: At that minute Kyle already gotten to his abdomen covered with sand. Beach was boring. He fell back and stared up at the cloudless sky.

Andreas: Seeing as the (probably quite strong) whiskey switched its owner, he felt compelled to mention. "By the by, those of you who can drown better should drink and swim, okay?" Way to go, mother hen...

Jason: "Wine simply shouldn't come in boxes. It's unnatural." He wrinkled his nose at the idea even, let alone the actual wine.

Remy: "Guess dey wouldn't really mess wit' y' either. If I was drunk an' saw a...well kinda zombie sorta girl with my liquor...I'd probably jus' leave it well alone."

Raya: "Oh, but you should. It'd be a long game." Raya shrugged once, tossing her head to get her bangs out of her eyes. "Hey... look over there, Cess. I think they're watching you." She pointed over at the pair who kept going back to watching them nder the umbrella.

Graydon: Graydon followed her sight reluctantly - she did have an interesting - uh - bikini - and frowned. "What kind of person wears a mascot costume on a beach?" He muttered. "Think you're right too."

Rogue: Rogue laughed at Remy, "Are y'all sure 'bout that? Wouldn't ya wanna poke it with a stick, no offense, Moon."

Remy: He noted Kyle's restless shifting. Was like Johnny in ways - had ants in his pants. "Y' doin' alright dere Kyle? Got sand in y're butcrack?"

Amara: "Don't worry about me Andy, I burn alcohol really fast now... wow that was a bad pun for me... I'll take the forfeit." She took a large gulp of tequila.

Cessily: "Thanks, Moon," Cessily said as she took another drink. She settled back on her towel and let her gaze wander across the beach.

Teagan: "I got a hankerin' to bury myself in the sand... anyone wanna try and make a castle? Ontop of me?" She grinned.

Remy: Shaking his head at Rogue he took another drink. "I'm raised in N'awleans, remember? We leave dat shit well alone."

Kyle: "Bored!" Kyle moaned back to Remy. "And yes!" he added in after thought.

Rogue: "True, but cain't imagine y'all not bein' curious."

Miranda: She laughed. "I don't know. Maybe he's drunk!" That idea made her laugh and nudge her friend Amy, showing her the mascot. "Ooooh, we should check it out!"

Neena: Neena patted some sand onto her sand fort. "You shoulda showed up like two minutes before we started, Moon!" She grinned.

Cessily: She turned her head to look into the direction Raya was pointing. "Yeah, most likely. Believe me, that's nothing unusual. You get used to it when you look really different."

Graydon: He gave up and grabbed another beer. "Totally." That met with general nodding from everyone else. Graydon stood and stretched. "Suppose if he's not that interesting we can shove sand down his suit."

Teagan: "It's okay, I'll just help you out then." She said to Neena as she kneeled down beside her. "I don't think I can go swimming... I might attract sharks." She hoped it was a joke, but she wasn't sure."

Rogue: Rogue finished off half of the new bottle and set it down to use both hands on the fort.

Cessily: Letting her gaze drift a little further, she could make out a couple more people who were all looking their way occasionally. She made sure to smile back at everyone who stared at her silver form.

Remy: He snorted in amusement. "Well come over an' grab a drink den. Better t' be drunk an' bored dan jus' bored, neh?"

Neena: "Well, technically you don't bleed, so you should be ok," Neena replied. She sat back to take a drink of her tequila. "What do you think, Rogue?"

Amara: "I'll second that!" Amara said, grinning and having another drink.

Miranda: Miranda giggled at that image and grabbed another beer herself, shaking sand off her ass as she stood and followed the group, latching onto Graydon's arm when she wobbled. "Ooooh...."

Rogue: "'Bout which, what, or who?" Rogue smirked and took a look around, the smirk growing as she spied a couple of cute boys.

Teagan: "Although if Selene were here I think I might be inclined to test it..." She plotted aloud.

Remy: I'm guessin' if some of y' ladies walked down d' beach, dere'd be plenty of 'sharks' for y'all."

Kyle: Kyle more then willingly kiccked off the sand blanket on his legs and stood up, kicking around some more getting rid of sand in his fur. It'll stay there for quite a long time. "Coming," he said as he padded closer to where the alcohol was.

Raya: Raya watched all the others drinking, shaking her head at their increasingly silly antics. "Oooh, he's kinda cute." Raya smiled at one of the surfers getting out of the water, blushing lightly.

Neena: Neena followed her roommates' gaze. "Oooh, look at those! That's what we call eye drops for the soul," she grinned as one of the boys removed his shirt.

Teagan: "Oh, psh, Rogue, honestly, guys? They're pushy, ignorant, and controlling. Am I right Neena?" She nudged her. Her frown grew. "Guess not."

Graydon: "No more for you, girl." Graydon wrapped his arm around Mir to steady her, stealing a quick kiss as he did so. They made their way over twards the group, Graydon trying not to overbalance.

Amara: Amara followed the others' gaze and let out an approving whistle.

Remy: "Hmm?" Remy's head swiveled to face the group as well and nodded. "Oui...dat's pretty dang nice."

Cessily: Cessily looked at the guy that Raya had spotted, a grin showing on her face. "Oh, yes, he totally is."

Andreas: "Oh please, I look far better." Andreas started to pose trying to let the sunlight reflect on his muscles.

Rogue: Rogue laughed at Neena, "Oh yeah? Hmm... Interesting." She picked up the drink and frowned as sand went down her bikini top. "Ack!" She squirmed a bit and brushed it out, trying not to draw too much attention.

Cessily: She nudged the other girl slightly. "I think he's checking you out, too."

Amara: Amara giggled at Andy, she'd pat him on the head if she could be bothered to get up, "Aww Andy, you're too much like family now."

Jason: "Oh please don't make me feel worse than I already do." Jason made sure Andreas's posing antics were kept out of his view.

Rogue: "An' yes, guys. Ah have a boyfriend, remember?" She poked her tongue out at Moon.

Kyle: Kyle looked up at Andreas, "...got a spasm?" he asked.

Amara: "Hey, just cause you have a boy friend it doesn't mean you can't look." Amara reminded Rogue.

Remy: "Y' have a boyfriend but y' ain't dead." He noticed an approaching couple. "Hey. Looks like we got company comin'."

Neena: "Hey, we're dating, not dead," Neena winked at Rogue, teasing her. "Besides, it's just admiring a good human form. Nothing wrong with that."

Rogue: "Ah know it, Ah was just pointin' out ta Moon that Ah do like guys."

Raya: Raya looked at Cess, trying to hold in a snicker, "I think he's looking at you, more like. You're showing mroe skin to look at." She pushed her sunglasses up, blinking in the sunlight, and snickered at the boy nodding at them all generally. "Do we?" She looked around at Remy's commetn.

Miranda: "Pfffft, I'm fine." She blew stray hair from her face, but to put her hair back up she'd have to let go of him... So no. Taking another sip from her can and sucking the overflow from the edge she noticed something else and nearly choked. "Oh my god! She's shiny! Look, that girl's shiny!"

Teagan: Moon laughed at her possibly unintentional joke.

Jason: "Staggering company." Jason sat up straighter as he noticed the people Remy had been referring to.

Rogue: "Ah'm tha one that spied 'em remember?" She rolled her eyes on a chuckle and reached back to slap Remy's thigh, "Y'all ain't either," oooh bad joke. Rogue cringed a bit.

Andreas: "I'm family?" A considering eye got cast around over this little group of misfits. "Sadly enough, that's an improvement." He let himself fall into the sand and reached out for Rogue. "Shoot me up, barkeep!"

Graydon: "What? You sure that's just beer you're drinking?" Graydon laughed before following her sight again. He frowned, and sniffed his bottle. Yup, just beer. "Oh wow....mutants? Here?"

Rogue: Rogue looked in her cooler, "Whatcha want, German?"

Remy: "Welll. We came here t' branch out, non? Digging in a bag he came out with a blanket which he spread on the sand, expanding the seating area.

Cessily: "Yeah, what the others said. It can never hurt to look." She winked back as one of the surfer guys smiled at her. "Well, I have unfair advantages due to silver shiny skin, I admit," she told Raya with a sheepish shrug.

Amara: Amara took another swig from her bottle and smiled at Andreas, "Yes you're like the roguish little brother.... or something."

Miranda: "What, they can't be mutants? Can they?" Her voice was louder than it should have been. Of course, everybody's voices were a little loud. Especially Dan when he proclaimed those were mutants. "Ooooooh my god. Wow. Mutants!"

Andreas: "What's strong and has my name on it?"

Remy: He glanced at the group. "Anyone feel like we're gettin' t' be a sideshow here?"

Teagan: "A 69 gallon per flush toilet?" Teagan offered to Andy.

Rogue: "Nothin' has y'all's name on it, sugah. Seein' as how ya ain't paid me," she grinned and reached in to toss him a tiny bottle of everclear, "Careful, it burns bad."

Kyle: Kyle fell down on his knees in front of the cooler, looking through what's there, and stopped and looked back to where he was sure someone was repeating the word mutants.

Jason: "We did? I should have probably stayed home if we hoped to make a good impression on people." Jason arched an eyebrow as he was fairly sure the group had realized who they were walking towards. "We could sell tickets. That might be nice."

Raya: Raya turned her head at the shout about being shiny, tilting her head to see out in the sun. "I think they're confused by us." She elbowed Cess and nodded her head in their direction. "Hey!" She waved at the bunch, standing and brushing her sarong off.

Amara: Amara looked 'round, "They're just jealous of our good looks."

Graydon: "Oh wow!" Graydon grinned. "Hey, wanna go over and say hi?" He couldn't take his eyes off the shiny girl or the furry boy. "Are they all or....just those two?"

Cessily: Cessily turned around and looked at the group that approached them. She gave them a friendly smile when she noticed that people were staring at her.

Neena: "And our amazing sense of fashion," Neena sniffed.

Teagan: Moon turned with Raya's gaze. "We should all start to snog and really freak 'em out..."

Amara: Amara laughed, "I like how you think, Moon."

Miranda: "Yeah!.... oh, more!" Miranda noticed some of them had noticed now and saw a wave. "Oh! Hi!" She waved at them a little wildly, nearly dropping out of her bikini top as they made their way over.

Rogue: Rogue leaned back a bit and squinted over the top of her glasses at the group, "Ah agree with Jason. Let's charge." She took another drink and lay back more, propping her head on Remy's leg and focusing on moving sand with her feet. A bit more challenging, but it felt good.

Remy: "Heya." Oooh. Well her boyfriend caught her, but nice show. He wasn't about to complain. "Pull up a bit of sand. Y'all want a beer or somethin'?" By the looks of the girl she really didn't need another.

Cessily: Cessily chuckled quietly to herself as the girl waved and made her way over to them, clearly a little tipsy already. "Hey," she called back, nodding kindly.

Graydon: Graydon followed his girlfriend over to the group, belatedly remembering the cigarette, the rest of the troupe trailing after them. "Hey! Sorry....we must have seemed so rude, just staring and all...." He caught Mir and held on to her with a grin. "Whoa there, girl."

Teagan: Moon looked perplexed at the passerby's. "People... want to join...us? she asked whispered to Cess. "What the hell?"

Andreas: He opened the bottle and cleared it in one go...Wow, that was strong stuff! No matter how hard he tried, a hoarse dry cough escaped his throat.

Amara: Amara smiled at the guy with the cigarette, "Ah don't worry about staring, we're used to it."

Remy: His hand idily dropped to Rogue'd head. "Hey. Hit y're touchy point. Good."

Raya: Raya slanted a glance at Moon, shaking her head. "Hi! We saw you watching us.... um. You're kinda...yeah, your top." Raya pushed her sunglasses back on as she offered a hand to shake to the girl.

Cessily: "No worries, we're used to that," Cessily replied to the young man and shrugged nonchalantly. "As long as people are just admiring my good looks, I'm fine with them staring."

Rogue: Rogue grinned at Andy's cough and held back a snicker, "Did ya not believe me?" She grinned up at the group, "Hey, y'all!" She rolled her head back a bit to look up at Remy, "Yep. Feels nice."

Neena: "I'm not," Neena grumbled to Rogue. "Shit, is this really what it's like to go without my makeup on?" She touched a hand to her spot, bare for all to see.

Remy: "Name's Remy. Where y' two from?" If the girl could remember those two points, he'd have to give her a cookie.

Rogue: "Hey," Rogue nudged Neena with her toe, "Y'all're beautiful."

Miranda: "Oh.... heeee.... yeah! Sorry! I didn't mean to stare, but... you guys are mutants, right? That's so cool!" Miranda juggled her beer to shake the girl's hand and grinned. And that other girl was sooo shiny!

Andreas: "Believing is not seeing..." Though that comment didn't come out as smartass-ish as he had like, thanks to the burning throat. Oh well, you can't win them all.

Jason: Jason swallowed his comment on perhaps just calling the cost even if there were going to be incidental peepshows as the group was quite in earshot. "Hey there." Oh this should make thise outing a whole deal more interesting.

Cessily: "I'm Cessily. But call me Cess, if you want." She sat up and grinned at the newcomers.

Teagan: "Okay Mulder," she said to Andreas.

Graydon: Now he was closer, Graydon could see minute differences. "Oh! Thanks - got one already." He grinned at - Remy? - and then noticed the eyes. Oh wow. "So....um....you're all mutants? Graydon Creed, uni student in NY. This is my girlfried, Miranda and...." He introduced the rest of his friends.

Neena: "Thanks, honey," Neena smiled at Rogue before turning her attention to the newcomers.

Amara: Amara looked up at Graydon, "Yep, All of us. My name's Amara."

Miranda: "Hi!" Miranda repeated unhelpfully after Graydon's introduction.

Cessily: "Hey, Greydon..." Cessily smiled at him, then looked at his girlfriend," and Miranda. Nice to meet you all."

Teagan: "Nice to meet you." Moon said as politely as possible. She wasn't used to non-mutant types being pleasant with her... this was strange.

Rogue: "Ah'm Rogue," she gave a small wave and a shrug, "Um, yeah we are. Nice day though, huh?"

Raya: "My name's Raya, nice to meet you." She smiled at the question abotu being mutants, not answering yet... okay, that was fixed for her by Amara. "Yeah, we're mutants. Miranda, right?" she asked the girl, who seemed still a little tipsy.

Neena: "And I'm Neena," she wiped her hands off on her board shorts before waving.

Cessily: "Yeah, looks like all the universities in NY must be deserted today," she said and gestured towards the beach. "Everyone's here and enjoying the day."

Graydon: "Oh wow. Sorry but we've never actually met any mutants, and with this whole law-" Graydon pulled a face. "Sorry. I'm a law student. And yeah, today's wonderful, good day to be out." Okay, he should probably stop staring but....

Cessily: "And yup, I'm quite obviously a mutant," Cessily announced with a smile and a firm nod. "Or just a body-painting job gone horribly wrong. You decide." She winked and laughed.

Rogue: Rogue grinned at one of the guys behind them, then pulled a face at the law mention. "Yeah..."

Miranda: "I'm..." Miranda thought about that for a moment... right, he had already said her name. "Yep! Call me Miri." She took a few steps away from Graydon and swayed a little. "Oh, that's way cooler than body paint at all... that stuff just doesn't stay on and it's never really even..."

Remy: "It'd be more interestin' if we were all botched science experiments or somethin'...but oui. We were jus' born dis way."

Andreas: "I like the body painting approach, it'd be stylish." He narrowed his eyes at the group of newcomers. They were nice now, but they were also drunk, so that could change pretty fast.

Cessily: "Nice to meet you, too, Miri," Cessily replied, chuckling softly. "Thanks."

Neena: Neena resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the oh-so tipsy Miranda. "Yeah...that can be a challenge."

Rogue: "That would not be interestin', Rem. It'd be disgustin'. Like... Nevermind."

Jason: Jason wanted to laugh as Graydon tripped around that little issue. "Go ahead and have a seat, worried somebody's going to topple there."

Teagan: Moon finally stood up and extending her hand. If nothing else, at least they were being genuine. "My name is Tea-er, Moonbeam." She put her hand out to Graydon.

Amara: Amara smiled at Miranda then had another sip of her drink.

Remy: He'd forgotten that. Damn. His fingers rubbed at her scalp in silent apology.

Kyle: Kyle's hand finally grabbed a canof whatever, seeing that it was getting a bit numb in the cold cooler, and withdrew it into the open. He skipped the whole thing pulling the pin to open the can, and instead just punctured the hole with his claw.

Cessily: "Yeah, feel free to sit down." She gestured at the part of her towel that was still unoccupied. "No need to keep standing around there."

Rogue: Rogue closed her eyes and purred a bit, "Mmm."

Graydon: "Oh, that's not such a bad thing." Graydon smiled at the Cajun before grinning at the other boy. "Good point." He pulled Mir down before she fell down. "No more for you, girl. Sun's gone to her head. So...uh....what can you all....I mean..." He trailed off, taking a gulp of beer.

Miranda: "Ooooh, seat would be good. The sand's kinda warm. I should be used to it, but I've been up here in the cold for too long so I think anything's hot..." She plopped down beside Graydon and giggled to herself.

Remy: "Well...we can do algebra. We like beer. Sun's nice too." He chuckled.

Amara: "Well our names would be a start...."

Rogue: "Speak f' yaself. Ah hate beer."

Amara: Amara looked over her shoulder and smiled at the guy to show it was in fun.

Remy: "Alright den. Whisky. Y' ok wit' d' algebra at least?"

Neena: "Not too fond of beer either," Neena held up her bottle. "Liquor's more my persuasion."

Raya: Raya chuckled at Cess, before looking toward Remy. "Are you all having a party, or just sort of hanging out here?" she asked to the boy, who seemed a little less drunk than his girl. "Cool, you're a law student. That must be interesting." She just held her hand out to his question, letting her hand dissolve.

Rogue: "Ha, no." Rogue giggled a bit and rolled onto her side, still using Remy as a pillow.

Andreas: "I like algebra, it helps with the engines." His ears started to burn slightly, a good signal tfor the alcohol doing its work in his body and crawling up into hi head.

Cessily: "Well, as you can see, I'm silver and made of some metal-y stuff," she explained at the curious question. She kept the fact that she was a shape-shifter to herself at first. No need to freak people out with Terminator flashbacks.

Graydon: Graydon laughed at Remy before turning to the other girl - and actually squeaking as her hand dissolved. "Oh jesus! Wow! You can do that?" He coughed. "Sorry, just - wow. And yes. Party."

Jason: "You know, if I were you Raya I wouldn't really want to mix sand. Let's think of the things that other sand has probably been privvy to."

Amara: Amara wrinkled her nose at Jason's comment, "Ew.... thanks for that charming mental image...."

Miranda: Miranda giggled quietly at Graydon's undignified squeak and let the sun beat against her skin. This was so cool...

Rogue: "Ah can do lotsa things... But basically, Ah absorb when Ah touch," she glanced down at her cheek on Remy's leg and frowned, "Well, when Ah'm drunk it's different... But it's confusin'."

Neena: "Don't worry, Amara, the sand's probably cleaner than his mind," Neena grinned.

Andreas: "He's got a point, though. I've seen quite a few dogs since we came here."

Teagan: Moon de-attached her hand and allowed it to crawl over to the cooler and drag her a water bottle across the sand. "So you're a law student? Does this mean you're contemplating a firm?"

Raya: She laughed at Jason, shaking her head. "I don't mix with it, Jason... I just reform my own stuff." She chuckled at Graydon squeaking. "Yeah, of course I can do that. It doesn't hurt."

Remy: "Yeah, well, we're jus' like y' guys really. Students y' know? An' who doesn't like a party?"

Kyle: "I think I still got some sand in my shorts..." Kyle mumbled and sucked at the can. Wow...that was some strange thing in a can. Atleast it had alcohol.

Remy: Snorting at Kyle he held his hand out. "Y' want me t' pop it all d' way for y'? Or y' could pop another hole an' jus' down it all in one."

Graydon: "Oh yeah, partying is good." Graydon agreed, eyes fixed on the crawling hand. So weird. Cool but....wow. He took a gulp of beer. "Students? Where? And I don't know about a firm, but it's a nice thought. Maybe one day. What do you all study?"

Cessily: "Yeah, we might be mutants, but that doesn't make us different from anyone else, really." Cessily nodded. "So, we're basically doing all the boring student stuff you guys have to do, too. And the more fun stuff that comes with being a student, as well, of course." She grinned.

Amara: Amara put her bottle down and held out her hand, a ball of fire errupting on her palm, "Just so you don't have to ask what I can do... we won't be cold later that's for sure." she smiled.

Rogue: Rogue bit her lip and looked up at Remy, "Just general stuff right now..."

Kyle: Kyle looked at the can. "Like this?" he asked, puncturing another hole in the innocent can. Yep, that did the trick, it was flowing nicely down his gullet now.

Remy: Uh oh. "Ah here an' dere. Y' know. We're jus' all friends so we hang together."

Cessily: "Yeah, I'm not specializing yet. But when I do, I'll go for professional photography."

Remy: He chuckled at Kyle. "Yup. Dat'd be it." Looking down at Rogue he lifted an eyebrow. "How's dat chere?"

Teagan: Moon screwed her hand back on and let the flesh pull itself back together. "I'm just doing some general studies for now and if this law ever lets up I'm going to try and get into a NASA program." she said confidently. "I want to be an astronaut. The first (known) mutant astronaut."

Neena: Neena stretched her back and leaned away from the sand fort. "You'd have to get me a ride into space, then, Moon. I'm going into the wine business. And maybe running a ranch on the side."

Rogue: Rogue laughed and shook her head, "Dat's jus' fine. But y'all're awful," she snuggled against him and closed her eyes to rest for a moment, cradling her bottle.

Amara: Amara sighed, "At the moment I'm studying economics because my mother wants me to," she winced, "I hate that class so much...."

Jason: "Right up there with Albert?" That was a bit of a cringeworthy joke but Jason supposed that Moon couldn't exactly suffocate as she didn't really need to breath.

Graydon: Graydon watched the displays around him. This was different, and really cool. Real mutants! "Wow, so a pretty wide range of studies then. And I don't think the new law'll stop you working as such...." He eyed the girl with the fire warily.

Remy: He patted her like a puppy. "Went from 'jus' perfect' t' 'roarin' drunk' pretty quick dere."

Remy: "It won't stop me at all. Dat'd be bullshit. I'm already in d' family business an' it's goin' jus' fine."

Amara: "It could stop me studying here," Amara said, extinguishing the fire and picking up her bottle again, "I'm not American - in case you couldn't guess."

Cessily: Cessily just shrugged when he mentioned the new law. A moment later, she said "Yeah, we'll see. I hope it's nothing more than an inconvenience."

Rogue: "Roarin' drunk? Y'all ain't seen me roarin' drunk in a long assed time, Remy." She nipped at his thigh then took off her sunglasses and looked over at the group, "So, y'all all go ta tha same school?"

Neena: "Same here," Neena nodded. "Can't take away what's handed down to me."

Teagan: "The astrophysics isn't half as hard as the chemistry of it all. There's a lot more of that involved than most people think." She shrugged. "And yeah, the law shouldn't stop it... but fear will. And that's the problem."

Andreas: Through a cloud of satisfied drunkeness a thought occured to Andy: Rogue had a boyfriend...which wans't Remy...hopefully there wouldn't bad things come out of this...

Jason: Jason couldn't help but smirk as he saw Rogue nipping. "So how's Sam, Rogue?"

Rogue: "He's workin'," she pouted a bit.

Graydon: "Oh, believe me, we've studied it in uni, it's not a bad law...." Graydon smiled confidently. "Yeah, we're all at the same uni. Met Miri here there." Mir giggled as he poked her. "Not all of us study law though."

Raya: Raya looked to Amara with a half-smile. "But neither am I. I think we're pretty safe, for now."

Teagan: Moon nudged Neena. "Hun, where's Benny-boy?" She asked curiously.

Remy: "Ah, but y'd know better dan anyone dat laws can bend some, oui?" He frowned. "I think I missed y're name somehow."

Rogue: "So, can Ah ask ya opinion on tha law then, Mr. Law Student?"

Kyle: Kyle's slow mind finally caught up to him, "NY uni....hey didn't...didn't Pace lose against you guys two weeks ago? The..umm.. the basketball. I thik I pulled something....doing a backflip....and landing on my face."

Amara: Amara shrugged, "I don't feel safe. Think what I can do - it's not going to inspire people's confidence in me, is it?"

Neena: "Grounded. By me," Neena answered Moon's question with a sly grin. "He's not supposed to be leaving the grounds. If he does...well," she chuckled. "It won't be very good."

Remy: Wincing at Kyle's words he reached over to pat him. "Hey, remind me an' we'll work on dem flips. Landin' on y're face sucks."

Teagan: Moon shook her head. "Boys." She turned to Amara. "You and me both girl. Wanna come to Mars with me?"

Graydon: "Oh, I said it earlier." Graydon stole a packet of cigarettes off a friend, pulling one out and hesitating before offering the packet around. "Graydon Creed. And yes, but that's like any law." He lit up, feeling himself on firmer ground. "Of course you can. Er. I'm not sure how it would apply to students, before you ask, or internationals....I think I fell asleep in that bit."

Amara: Amara laughed at Moon, "I would but I find air quite important."

Raya: "I don't think any of what we do exactly inspires confidence if all we're doing is showing the negative sides." She turned back to Graydon, in time to hear him admit he didn't know about the international bit. "We'd be deported."

Rogue: Rogue took a cigarette and just looked it over for a moment before holding it in her palm as she thought about what she wanted to do with it. "Hey, we all get bored in class sometimes, right?"

Remy: Creed? Really. In his state of mild drunkeness that amused him. "Cool. An' well...it's a big world out dere. We jus' have t' share nice, non?"

Rogue: "Wait... Cr-" Rogue frowned and sulked a bit, missing Vic."

Neena: "Sharing is caring, Rem," Neena stretched out on the sand, not really caring that her hair was now covered.

Amara: Amara sat back and continued drinking again, going quiet."

Jason: "Why is it that when some of you people talk I expect a rainbow to pop up with 'The more you know' above it?" Jason made a face and reached over to the cooler, deciding that he could manage a non-alcoholic drink.

Remy: The girl that had come with Graydon was pretty damn out of it. He wondered if she'd even remember this.

Cessily: Cessily nodded slowly to what Graydon had said. "Well, I guess all that anyone can really do at the moment is wait and see what'll come of it." She shrugged again and sipped her drink. "Maybe nothing at all. But I'm willing to protest if the law should turn out to be a bad and unfair one. That's for sure."

Teagan: "Graydon is a pretty sweet name." she said playing with it a few times aloud. "Gray-don... Gray-don... Creed.... rolls off the tongue really well. Better than Moonbeam." She cracked.

Rogue: Rogue rolled the cigarette in between her fingers and watched it twirl.

Raya: Raya fussed with the knot of her sarong at Jason's voice, sarcstic again. She cuckled at Cessily, kind of, cocking a half-smile. "Revolution?"

Remy: Looking down he shook his head at Rogue. "Since when d' y' smoke?"

Graydon: Graydon propped Miri up, pulling a face. "Sorry about her. Think too much drink and sun." He nodded at Cess. "I agree. For now, though, it doesn't seem bad and - well. It's not stopping you enjoying yourself, right?" He grinned, gesturing with his cigarette at the group. They might be mutants, but they were all friendly. "So how do you all know each other? Some sort of mutant society?"

Cessily: "Sure, why not," Cessily asked, partly joking, and chuckled. "But I guess I'd start with sit-ins and fliers first."

Teagan: Moon went into her pack and took out two cigars. Lighting them up she took a large puff from one and offered the other to Amara."

Rogue: "Since not yet," she kept watching it in her hands, "Just thinkin' 'bout it. Helps with stress, right? An' since Ah cain't get addicted ta anythin'..."

Rogue: "Mutant society?" Rogue gave him a weird look and chuckled a bit.

Amara: Amara arched an eyebrow at the cigar, "Really Moon, do I look like the type?"

Teagan: "We're part of this group called Weirdo's For Hire. Gonzo the Great is our president." She said, taking another puff of her cigar.

Teagan: "Nope, not at all. Just thought you'd enjoy. Pass it along until someone takes it." She suggested.

Amara: She cracked up at Moons reply to Graydon's question though.

Remy: Plucking the smoke from her fingers he shook his head. "Don' even start it girl. Dere's other things t' do for stress."

Rogue: "Moon," Rogue chided and frowned back at her.

Jason: "Something like that, yes." Jason wasn't sure if he really wanted to be in a society with some of the people present right now but it was the easiest answer.

Amara: "Anyone want Moon's spare cigar?"

Neena: "Mutant society?" Neena laughed out loud. "That's a new one. Do we look like something out of the DaVinci COde?"

Cessily: "Well, if you share something uncommon like our mutation, I guess you naturally start to look out for each others." Cessily smiled. "That's pretty normal, I think."

Graydon: Graydon chuckled uneasily at the girl with the cigar, unsure if she was joking or not.

Rogue: "Yeah, like skippin' out," she suggested quietly and reached for it, "Gimme. Not nice."

Remy: He rolled his eyes. "We're pretty special." Folding his hand around it he shook his head. "Non."

Neena: "Yeah, kinda like how people tend to find each other if their cultures are the same," Neena pointed out. "Just look at Chinatown."

Rogue: "Oui," she insisted and sat up to reach or his hand.

Graydon: "Well true. Are there more of you?" Graydon looked at the man trying to stop the girl from having a cigarette, holding the packet out to her. "Aw, meanie." He grinned good-naturedly.

Amara: "You mean in general or do we know more personally?"

Raya: "Or Little Italy," Raya reached behind her to rub at her back, a little self-conscious of showing skin to people she didn't know... but then she might not ever see them again. "Well, we aren't all of it, that's for sure, Graydon."

Rogue: Rogue gave Graydon a bright smile and took another one, "Thanks, sugah!" She screwed up her face at Remy and laid back down, "He is a meanie at times."

Andreas: "We are legion...maybe..." He tried to do the shifty eyes, but friend alcohol resulted in them nearly popping out of their sockets

Remy: "Yeah." He nodded at Amara. "I mean, dere's tons of mutants." He scowled at her. "Or pain in d' ass girls if y' want t' get t' dat."

Graydon: "Personally, of course. If there's enough of you to make a law about...." He smiled at the girl.

Remy: "An' what? Y' think dere's some 'mutant club' or somethin'?" He scoffed. "We're jus'...normal."

Amara: "I knew one back home...." Amara sipped her drink again intending to say no more on the matter.

Rogue: "Ah am not a pain in tha ass. Y'all love me an' ya know it," she flicked his thigh on a giggle. "Ah dunno. Ah mean, it ain't like we're any different than y'all..."

Cessily: "Yeah, we're just like anyone else, really." Cessily tilted her head to the side and gave a shrug. "So, of course we have friends, too. Just like everyone else."

Andreas: "My brother is one...and my girlfriend...and my cousin...Guess it runs in the family."

Graydon: "Well....there's a 'Lawyer's club' so a mutant one would probably seem more normal." Graydon grinned, handing his lighter to the girl too. "I'm sorry if I'm asking too much but....I've never met a mutant. So....you know...." He pulled Miri closer to him, pulling up her bra surruptiously. Just in case.

Remy: "Oui, but dat's like sayin' y' never met a Jew or a black man before. Same dif."

Neena: "Curiosity killed the cat, my dear," Neena said lightly, but her eyes were dark. It wasn't that she didn't like this guy, she was just wary of him.

Amara: "How do you know you've never met one? Some of us look normal," she gestured at herself, "How would you know? We get good at hiding."

Cessily: Cessily was momentarily distracted by a group of surfers walking by and casting interested glanced their way. She returned their smirk and licked her lips. "Mmm, remind me to go find myself some cute surfers later."

Rogue: Rogue took the lighter and gave him a bigger grin, "Ah think Ah like y'all. Nicer'n Remy at tha moment." She put the cigarette to her lips and lit it, passing the lighter back as she took a tiny drag, pulling a face almost immediately.

Raya: "I'm the only one like me I knew at home..." Raya smiled, happy to continue the conversation on a lighter note. "I don't think there's a mutant club, at least not here..." She smiled politely. "it's natural to be curious, really; it's pretty good that he's asking all of us instead of assuming, you know?"

Graydon: "Oh." Graydon shifted. "Well, I know that, I just....hah, I'm a student. I like learning. About interesting things, anyway."

Rogue: "So we interest y'all? That's good, Ah guess. 'Least ya ain't shunnin' us."

Remy: He grabbed the lit cigarette from Rogue. "See. It's gross." Then he lifted it to his own lips for a smooth drag. Dieu, he didn't get many of these anymore."

Cessily: "Hey, it's cool that you guys want to know about us," Cessily told Graydon with a sincere smile. "Most people just like to talk about us, not with us."

Amara: Amara wasn't sure she liked being referred to as an intresting thing but she decided to let it go.

Neena: Neena raised an eyebrow, giving Grayson a small smile. "Of course. It's natural. We're supposed to like learning, right?"

Rogue: "Hey!" Rogue sat up and snatched it back, "That ain't fair. 'Specially if y'all're tellin' me somethin' an' doin' somethin' that proves it opposite."

Jason: Jason hoped he hid his smirk at 'mutant club' well. "Well, interesting is always good I suppose."

Graydon: Graydon was about to reply but he laughed at Remy. "If you wanted one, you just had to ask." He shook his head. "Well yeah. And you're all pretty cool, so...." He took a gulp of beer and shrugged. They were all a little wary of the humans in their group but they didn't seem dangerous.

Remy: "Y're different." He leaned forward towards Graydon. "I get dis. It's like y're a tourist, explorin' another sorta country or culture. An' once y' get past d' different looks, y' realize we're all d' same anyways, neh?"

Teagan: Moon raised an eyebrow. "We bring the word interesting to a whole new level."

Remy: "Oui, well, a lot of us do. But not for bein' mutants." He shrugged. "We're jus' cool people."

Rogue: "He's got one. Snatched mah first, remember?" Rogue narrowed her eyes at Remy and took a drink before laying back down.

Raya: "Yeah. You're pretty interesting too, being in law and everything." Raya pushed her sarong down as the breeze picked it up, showing her thighs as it blew. "We certainly do, Moon."

Graydon: "Then he should light it, not sit on it and hope it hatches." Graydon winked at the girl with the stripe - Rogue, what a weird name - and looked at Remy. "I....guess. Though I wouldn't say you guys are like a tourist trap. But yeah, you all seem pretty....normal to me."

Remy: "Well as normal as it gets." Laughing he shrugged. "Everyone has dere own soap opera, neh?"

Rogue: Rogue grinned as he winked at her and couldn't help but laugh at his joke, "Now that'd be somethin' interestin' an' tourist trappy... Man who can hatch a cigarette. Come one, come all."

Cessily: "Thanks," Cessily replied. "I guess in our case that's kind of a compliment."

Graydon: "....I don't want to see those sort of mental images." Graydon pulled a face at Rogue. "Seriously."

Amara: Amara laughed at Rogue, "Yeah, wonder what it would turn into."

Rogue: Rogue laughe harder, "Hey, y'all brought it up."

Jason: Jason grinned at the words mental images. "Oh, please, don't tempt me."

Teagan: "An ash tray?" Moon offered.

Raya: "Wow, Rogue." Raya shook her head slowly, shifting her weight to her other foot in the sand. "So do you plan to be a lawyer, Graydon?"

Remy: "I'm jus' tryin' t' keep y' from tempation. Y're such a brat." He flicked Rogue on the nose.

Amara: Amara giggled at Moon's suggestion, "Or a tabacco plant?"

Rogue: Rogue pulled a face and rubbed at her nose before reaching up to flick Remy's ear. "Ah am not. An' Ah'm kept from temptation just fine by tha thought of mah boy leavin' me."

Graydon: "That's the plan." Graydon nodded to the Eastern dust-girl. "It's just something that interests me."

Cessily: "Sounds cool, even though it's something that would be too boring for me. I like to go out and see the world and the people in it. That's why I want to become a photographer."

Amara: "I don't know what I want to do yet... I think I'm too young to decide. That's why I'm humouring my mother. If nothing else it'll set me up for owning my own business one day."

Remy: "Well...y' don' have t' know y're whole path - life throws y' enough surprises anyways."

Graydon: Graydon nodded. "More for you then any one else, I imagine. So....what was it like? Where you mutants from birth or....did it just happen?”

Amara: "Well I have two options if I want to follow the parents. Dad's a lawyer and mother runs a catering business - her parents own a large wine company...."

Teagan: "I think there's a bug in my ear..." Moon said shaking her head. "Hold on..." She jammed her finger way into her ear, and with a few twists, pulled a tiny small bug out. Shaking her head with a shiver she grinned. "Okay, got it."

Amara: Amara rolled her eyes, "I was 'normal' when I was born. All this showed up like two years ago during a row."

Amara: "Oh Moon that's disgusting... please don't do that again....."

Andreas: Andreas applauded her. "Wooo!"

Teagan: Moon shrugged. "I had no choice.... it got stuck..." She said quietly.

Jason: "Well, there's something I could have lived my life happily without ever seeing." Jason shook his head a bit and turned back to Graydon. "Just happened, I believe that's the case for most of us."

Cessily: "Yeah, same with me. I was pretty normal until I became a teenager." She grinned and gave a shrug. "I mean, sure, they say that puberty can be a tough and confusing time, but I guess they weren't talking about this kind of stuff."

Teagan: "I actually died. I don't know the specifics or how, but I assume from some kind of car accident. I don't remember any of my previous life." she told Creed.

Remy: "Well technically we're all mutants from birth, non? We're born wit' d' genes. Jus' like people wit' an extra tow." He closed his eyes. There were very few girls in this school who he'd not want to oogle, and she hit the top of the list. Gah.

Rogue: "Um, it... just happened." Rogue took a long drag off of the cigarette then tossed it away, chewing on her lip. "Unfortunately," she added quietly.

Rogue: "But we call it manifestin', if ya want a better word," she added, trying to smile.

Graydon: "Died? How did you register then?" Graydon blinked at Moon. "I mean, you need proof of ID and such...."

Amara: At the mention of registering, Amara decided now would be a good time to pretend to be asleep. She lay down and closed her eyes.

Teagan: "I can't register now can I?" She said crossing her arms. "I mean... how do you register a dead girl? I'm off the books. Hell I don't even know who I am."

Graydon: Graydon's eyes widened. She was unregistered? "....Oh."

Raya: Raya was getting tired of the sarong lifting in the breeze, and so shed it, tossing it over to her shirt and towel spot. "Yeah... but then you're special even out of us, Moon. Maybe they could help you if you went."

Remy: "Well we're still in d' voluntary phase, non? Plenty of time." He didn't want the arguement with the lawyer. "Y' know how busy life is."

Jason: Oh the sooner they got off of registration talk the better. Jason supposed that it was inevitable that it would have come up though.

Teagan: "I don't think they understood the variety of abilities that have emerged over the years when they started this up. More specifically, I don't think they even had any idea there could be a zombified mutant. I'd probably scare the registration board so bad they'd lock me up." Again. she added in her head.

Rogue: Rogue groaned quietly and rolled over, turning in to face Remy's torso and away from the group. At least until the topic changed. She didn't want a future lawyer knowing she didn't plan on registering. Baaad.

Graydon: "Well, true." Graydon conceded, drinking the last of his beer. He looked at Miri and saw she'd actually fallen asleep and- oh god. Quickly he tucked an escaping boob back into her top, making a note to buy her a new one and hoping no one noticed. "I'd better get this drunk back to dorm. It was really good to talk to you guys." He grinned, motioning Dan over to help him. "Say, you haven't got any way of contacting you, would you?"

Graydon: "Only you seem pretty cool."

Cessily: "Planning to work on your tan," Cessily asked Raya. "Or ready to go for a swim?"

Raya: "I've got a cell phone." Raya said casually. "I can give you the number if you want to call sometime."

Rogue: Rogue rolled back over again, well it had changed fairly quickly, "Yeah. Here, sugah." Rogue passed her phone to him, "Put y'alls numbers in
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

10/04 Game: Friends of Mutantity

Post by littlebamf »

Raya: Raya looked at Cess curiously at the tan comment, "Oh, no, I might go for a swim soon, but I was just taking it off because it kept flapping open." She smiled, passing her cell phone to Graydon as he took Rogue's too.

Cessily: "Hey, it was nice talking to you," Cessily replied, looking back at Graydon. "We should do that again. Wait..." She reached for her bag and took out a pencil and a scrap of paper from her notebook. "Here's my number." She handed it over with a smile.

Cessily: "Sweet! I'd thought about jumping in, too. And maybe go find myself some cute boys or girls."

Graydon: "Great!" Graydon awkwardly juggled Miri and the phone, putting his number in before taking the other's numbers. "It was really awesome to meet you. Should get together for a drink sometime!" With that, he grinned and started dragging the drunk girl away. Totally made his month. Wait until the rest of his class heard about this!

Rogue: "Bye y'all!" Rogue grinned a bit, "Ah like them. Seem real nice. Should invite 'em up ta tha bar sometime."

Remy: "Have fun." He laid down and relaxed like a cat. "Me? I'm gonna soak up some sun. Been too long without it. I like t' bake."

Amara: Amara opened her eyes and sat up, watching them go, "Well... that wasn't so bad."

Raya: "Well, you can..." Raya smiled at Graydon as he turned and left, before going back to Cess. "I liked them, they were pretty cool. Maybe we should come back out here with them sometime to hang out."

Rogue: Rogue moved from his leg to his stomach and curled up, "Think Ah might nap... Got a good pillow."

Jason: "Yes, nice meeting you too." Jason smirked a bit, imagining the guy toting his phone out telling all of his law student friends about the interesting things he had met.

Cessily: "Yeah, we should invite them over to Vito's sometime. I'm sure that would be fun." Cessily realized just how much they had been isolating themselves from other people during the last couple of months. "It's a good thing to make friends."

Teagan: "You know what, I think I'm going to go for a walk... I'll catch up with you guys later..." Moon said quietly as she got up and waved to the others.

Rogue: "Oh, Ah meant Coyote Ugly... Where Ah work," she murmured to Cess before she yawned.

Amara: Amara waved Moon off, "Think I'll stay out of the water for a bit.... at least while it's still cold.... might get brave and warm it up later." She lay down again, "For now I think I'll sleep."

Cessily: "See you, Moon!" Cessily gave the girl a wave, before she sat up and knelt on her towel. She brushed some sand off of her skin. She looked at Rogue. "Really? That would be fantastic. I've never been to that place before. A real shame, actually."

Rogue: "Should come up. It's a great place." Rogue settled in closer to Remy and his breathing started slowly lulling her off to sleep.

Jason: "Sleep, that sounds like such a good idea." Jason muttered, finishing his water and laying back down. Actually, blocking the sun out sounded like a good idea. Horrible bright thing.

Raya: Raya shrugged easily as she waved off Moon, turning to Cess and nodding at the water. "You still want to surf?"

Cessily: "Why yes!" Cessily gave Raya a grin. "Sure, let's go."