Read our full Game transcripts here!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

09/27 Game: Family Avoidance Day

Post by littlebamf »

April 29th

Jac: Jac zipped into the rec room and rolled under the large table laden with snacks, grabbing a bowl of cheesy looking puffs as she went. God damn bloody family. It was nearly time to go home! Did she have to make nice now and have her parents follow her around, making her change her jeans and brush her hair. Ooooh no.

Jason: "This is what I get for not paying attention to school activity schedules, isn't it?" Jason muttered. The surprise of family day was unwelcome enough without his own turning up. That was just surprising as hell. It was also a bit surprising when his hand met with air when it should have met with oddly addictive snack food. The flames were an added surprise too but at least things added up. "Well if you aren't going to share you could at least give up a space of your hiding place."

Jac: A small hand poked out from under the cloth that covered the table, the middle finger stuck up. "You implying I take up that much space, matey?"

Cessily: Cessily strolled into the rec room and looked around to see who else was already there. She fixed her hair for the third time in a row. There was no denying that she was feeling quite nervous about her family visiting the school. "Hey there, everybody," she greeted the other, waving her hand. "Oh, snacks! Snacks good!"

Neena: "I know. It's ok. No, really, Uncle, it's fine. I know you're busy," Neena paused, resisting the urge to break her blackberry. "No, I don't have an answer yet. Of course I do, I just-" She waved to Jason, Cess and Jac. "Look, I have to go. Yeah, I'll call later. Love you."

Jac: "Oh god..." Jac put her head in her hands. "Yes, of course there's snacks. It's a school event. Why wouldn't there be..."

Neena: "I swear, my uncle is driving me nuts!" Neena said to the group. "Sometimes I just want to get rid of this stupid phone."

Jason: "I'm implying that you might consider budging over and possibly not inhale all of the plunder you've snuck under there." Jason was somewhat alarmed at how cheerful having all the food normally laying about gathered in one place made Cessily. "Yes, snacks good. Fire bad."

Jac: Popping her head out from under the cloth, Jac grinned at her. "I'll do it! I can have it in the town centre in two minutes."

Jubilee: Jubilee waited nervously for her parents to say something, now that they had seen the school and everyone else. To have some kind of reaction.

Cessily: "I definitely need something sweet now," Cessily announced and stepped over to the food table. As she accumulated a little pile of sweets on a plate, she looked over at Neena. "Oh? What's the matter?"

Jason: "You really think you need the skittles? Defecate rainbows enough as it is." Jason smirked over at Cessily. "And getting rid of the phones is never as much fun as utterly pissing the other person on the line off."

Jac: "Yea, but if I run it away, I get to leave as well as Neena's problem bein' solved. We both win!" Jac said smugly, popping a cheese puff in her mouth.

Jason: Jason knelt down and stole a cheese puff. "Damn, I hate when other's plans of escape work out so nicely."

Jubilee: Jubilee saw parents smile and felt a bit easier. "I'm going to get some snacks, ok." She told them.

Cessily: Cessily decided that she had gathered enough sugary things for now and took a seat in one of the free chairs. "Oh my, I'm surprised enough that my family actually came here," she said, running a hand through her hair. "But why do they think that they have to make up for all the time when we didn't talk with each other by asking me one million questions at once?"

Jac: "Oi! Get your own bowl!" Jac knelt up and gave him a smack on the arm before settling back down with the bowl on her crossed legs.

Cessily: She quickly looked around to make sure that no one of the Kincaid clan was within hearing range. "I'm glad that Miss Munroe took them for a tour through the school for now."

Jason: "But my own bowl doesn't come with free abuse. Where would I be without the free abuse?" Jason stole some more. "I don't know. I could definitely live without my family knowing where I slept at night now."

Jubilee: Jubilee picked a plate and began to fill it with both salty and sweeet snacks.

Jac: "There's plenty more free abuse where that came from!" with a flash she uncurled her legs and swung one around, taking a swipe at his ankle, before curling up again, her face a picture of calm. "I think my family are getting the point that I would have preferred them to stay back home and just see me then."

Neena: "I second that statement," Neena plopped down next to Jac. "My uncle is currently bribing me with inheritance of a multimillion dollar ranch, all if I move home. How's that for family drama?"

Jac: "Niice...That's pretty low though. Couldn't they give it you anyways?"

Neena: "He could sell it," Neena shrugged. "I always wanted to work with him, but I never thought I'd actually get it...he knows how much I want it to stay in the family. He says he'll keep it until I graduate if I go back to Cali. Not happening, but I do want the ranch."

Jason: Jason gritted his teeth. "You know, I think you're going to cripple me one day." The girl kicked just like a mule in Jason's observations. "See if I hold your hand while you get stabbed again."

Jac: "So, he'll keep it if you go back now, or you go back after you've done your degree?" she asked, a little confused. "Oh cry me a fuckin' river, Jase, you said you did it for the abuse, so I abused."

Jubilee: "Hi Jac. Is your family here at all?" Jubilee asked, getting ready to take bite from a small pizza-slice.

Jac: "Yeah. I keep gettin' them lost on purpose. Think they got the hint and're gettin' a tour off someone else now."

Neena: "If I don't go back, the ranch gets sold, my uncle retires, and no one gets it. If I go back, he'll stay with it for two more years, then its mine." Neena rubbed her temples. "He's making me choose, and I really don't want to."

Cessily: "Oh my, I'm sorry to hear that, Neena," Cessily said. "So far I was able to avoid that topic with my parents."

Jac: "Yea but - " Jac still didn't get if Neena had to go back now or if she went back after study. Whatever...

Neena: "It's alright. I just need to learn how to be firm with them. I've never denied my family anything." She checker her watch. "Ah, jeez, I gotta go for my makeup appointment. Ben's aunt is coming, apparently. I wanna make a good impression!" She rose. "Wish me luck, guys."

Cessily: "But why would he do that to you," Cessily asked,l giving Neena a comforting look. "Does he know how much it means to you?"

Cessily: "Oh, alright," Cessily waved at her. "Good luck. Uhm, with all of that."

Neena: "Thanks," she waved as she left. "Hopefully a nice mani-pedi will give me time to think."

Jac: "Enjoy," Jac gave her a wave and swapped her bowl for a tray of pizza rolls that looked well worth coveting.

Jac: "...What's a mani-pedi as it sounds fucking painful...." she asked no one in particular, as she wasn't sure she wanted an answer to be honest.

Jubilee: "Oh.. My parents are over there talking to someone." Jubilee said pointing to somewhere to her left.

Jason: "But half of the joy of free abuse is being allowed to complain about it. Don't take my joy away from me now." Jason looked up as Neena left. "I have no idea but how is makeup going to help with that impression? It'd be caked on."

Cessily: Cessily looked where Jubes was pointing, smiling back as the couple gave her a curious look. "To be honest, I'm actually happy that my family show some interest in what we're doing here." She shrugged, then grinned at the others. "Besides, my grandparents promised to come, too. They should be here in bit."

Jac: "Yeah. Cause my Dad had a laughin' fit when I told him how we're supposed to now pretend to be a Jehovah’s Witness's chapter. He still think's I'm jokin'."

Jubilee: "I think my parents are leaving, so I better go to say good bye to them." Jubilee said. "And leave me some pizza."

Jac: "Ehhh..." Jac looked down at the tray soulfully. "I have ta eat though! I get funky if I don't..."

Cessily: "No worries, we will!" Cessily gave Jubes a grin and waved.

Jason: "I make no such promise." Jason stole a bit of the pizza too. "Promises just have me doing things I'd rather not, anyway." He smirked. "I've been contemplating stealing copies of the Watchtower and taking a walk through the neighbourhood. This Jehovah's Witness thing should at least be of some amusement."

Jac: "Could always run to Domino's for ya if I eat it all..." she shrugged a bit and rolled her eyes, smacking Jason on the arm.

Jubilee: Jubilee talked to her parents for a little while and then huged them both and waved them good bye as they left.

Jason: "Well, that'd be one way to get it in thirty minutes or less. You're a handy little thing, aren't you?"

Jac: Jac gave him a deadpan look. "I'm spitting on your wedges for that."

Jason: "You'd soil food? Oh you are not the person I thought you were!" Jason gave her a scandalized look, pointing at her and turning to Cessily. "Can you believe that?"

Jac: "I'd soil food if I wasn't gonna eat it..." she muttered.

Cessily: Cessily giggled and popped another sweet into her mouth. "Jac should always be able to get a job for any kind of delivery or courier service."

Cessily: She gave a shocked look. "How can you do such a thing? Won't anyone think of the poor food?"

Jac: "Pfft. I'm livin' the student dream right now and that doesn't include employment til great times of desparation. And, I think the little matter of how fast I get the shit there would be flaming obvious and I'd get shot by the Gestapo...Oh. Flaming...That was fuckin' bad."

Jac: "And Christ, food doesn't have feelings so don't go organising a march for it..."

Jason: "Yes, I don't even think I need to comment on that one. Thank you for doing my duty for me, gopher."

Jubilee: Jubilee returned to others with a smallish parcel under her arm.

Cessily: Cessily simply shrugged and ate another sweet. She turned to look at Jubes. "Ooh, did you get gifts?"

Jason: "Gifts? Now there would be a good reason for parents to come. Gifts."

Jac: "Now that ain't fair..."

Jubilee: "Is there any pizza left" She asked as she sat down. "Oh this, mum said it was my early-late brithday present."

Cessily: "Oh, I'm sure my grandparents will bring something nice for all of us," Cessily tossed in. "They can be so incredible considerate at times." She laughed and shook her head. A frown came to her face. Hopefully her grandpa wouldn't believe that a bag of weed made a good gift for a bunch of students. Not again.

Jason: "Early late? Are your parents time travellers or just generally confused on the date?"

Jac: "So it's like, worth two birthdays?"

Jubilee: "Uum.. I've been here since I was 17.."

Jac: "And how old are you now?" Jac raised an eyebrow.

Cessily: "Oh, so you're getting gifts for every birthday since you've been here?" Cessily beamed at Jubes. "That's awesome."

Jac: "Um. Wow...And you've not been home for four years? Really? I'd bloody die if I had to spend that long away from England."

Cessily: "Really, and you haven't visited once?" Cessily looked at Jubilee.

Jason: "I could definitely go without seeing the U.P. for that long. Wonder if I could get away with that."

Jubilee: "I sort of ran away.. I called them few times, but I haven't vited.." Jubilee said.

Cessily: "Oh," Cessily said, then nodded slowly. A friendly smile showed on her face. "Well, it's nice that your parents visited then. And even brought you gifts."

Jubilee: "Yes, it is.. I think it's either a sweater or a nightgown. What do you think?"

Cessily: Cessily stood up and stepped back to the food table. "Does anyone want something while I stand here," she asked, looking around as she tried to decide what to eat next.

Jac: "Nah. That's why I'm under the table. Easier."

Jubilee: "No thank's"

Jason: "I'm good, thank you."

Jac: "Yeah cause you keep nicking off me you twonk," Jac rolled her eyes and threw a bitten off piece of pizza at him.

Jason: Jason made a face and picked up the pizza bit off of him, holding it by the unbitten end. "Twonk? Keep your nibbled on refuse, thank you."

Jac: "Do I even need to explain that? Surely you can just guess...And that was a symbol of my affections I'd like you to know."

Cessily: Cessily poured herself some apple juice and sat back down in her chair. "Can't we just complain about our parents instead of arguing with each other," she asked, chuckling.

Jac: "...You calll this arguing?" she blinked a bit. "It's called banter."

Jason: "Affection, eh? Is this something like when cats bring dead mice to the door?" Jason smirked wider. "Or are you trying to say something that only a half eaten bit of pizza can tell?"

Jubilee: "Want to see what I got? The gift that is.. Or am I going to open it in my room..?" Jubilee asked.

Jac: "Well that an' it had peppers on. Don't like peppers."

Cessily: "I was just joking, you know..." Cessily shrugged and took a sip.

Jac: "Fuuuny..." she sat up, a bit interested in Jubes present. "Well if you wanna audience, we'd all oblige!"

Cessily: She gave Jubes a grin. "Oh, come on, open it already. We want to know what you got."

Jason: "Yes, open away." Jason picked at the peppers since he took that as an open invitation to go ahead and eat them. "Affection and peppers. My how you spoil me."

Cessily: Sorry, won't happen again," she told Jac and rolled her eyes.

Jason: "Oh would you look at that, you got Cessily to banter too." Jason judged Jac in mock excitement.

Jac: "Does Muttley get a medal now?" she asked in a gruff, cartoon voice.

Jubilee: Jubilee began to open the parcel. "Haa! I knew it would be a sweater, oh and there's some cd as well.. Do you know what band this is?" She asked showing the cd to others.

Jason: "Oh yes, definitely a well deserved medal."

Cessily: "Ooh, nice sweater," Cessily commented, then had a closer look at the cd. "Hm, nope, can't help you there. I guess you'll just have to try it out."

Jubilee: "At least they haven't forgotten that I like blue and purple.." Jubilee said looking at the sweater.

Jac: "Can't see it from down here. What's the band called?" Jac asked, sprawling a little more on the floor.

Jason: Jason took the cd and gave it a glace over. "I'm oddly terrified about it. Take it away, please."

Jac: "You? Terrified? What is it, Girls Aloud?"

Cessily: Cessily took it from Jason, gave it another look, and handed it back to Jason. She stretched her neck in order to look out of the window. "I think I can her my parents walking around out there."

Jason: "Something in that vein I do believe." Jason passed the cd of to Jac with an air of disgust.

Jac: Jac caught it and inspected it. "Oooh. Niiice," she passed it back. "Could make a coaster out of it at least. Or get together more manky CDs and amke wall art. That was always a fun project."

Jason: "Oh dear, you mean the tour's over?" Jason eyed the table, wondering how much Jac would kick if he were to slip under.

Jac: "Dun dun duuuuuuuun!"

Jason: "Oh great, you're supplying ominous music too? It's bad enough my father arrived in his work suit."

Jac: "Work suit? What is he, a clown?"

Jason: "Undertaker."

Jac: "Seriously? That's cool!" Jac looked up at that.

Jac: "So he's like, walking around all in black like he's just been poking dead people? Sweet."

Jason: "I should have known that would amuse you." He laughed at Jac's enthusiasm at the idea. "It would be a good deal cooler if he had any fun about it. Should be interesting though I suppose." Jason wanted to cringe. He was sure that his father visiting a school filled with mutants could only bring a headache for him.

Cessily: "He came in his work suit?" Cessily blinked at Jason, not saying that she found this a tad creepy. "Why? Did he just bury someone?"

Jac: "Why? He want to dissect us?" she joked and made a morbid face at him.

Jason: "I think it's more his way of mourning being here. I doubt it was much his idea." Jason smirked a bit wickedly. The idea of his father being drug here, whining all the way, was appealing. "So please, feel free to bother him a good deal so he'll not want to come back." This could be fun after all.

Jac: "Really? Awesome. You can count on me to bother. I’m bloody brilliant at bothering...You will owe me for it though if I do do it..." she looked at him with a smirk.

Jason: "Owe you? What would you be asking in payment?" Jason smirked back.

Jac: "The obvious. Food."

Jason: "Food it is then."

Cessily: Cessily chuckled. "Well, I could try to be extra cheerful around him. A lot of people actually seem to be bothered when I do that. Especially the more serious ones."

Jac: "Good. You can buy me Maccies for a month!"

Jason: "Great, I'm going to be exceedingly broke." Oh well, worth it probably. Jason looked up at Cessily and put on his most serious face. "Really now? I couldn't imagine."

Jac: "Yeah, it just makes people nervous as they wonder how the hell someone could possibly have survived like that in todays world, without being locked in a box."

Jac: "And I notice you even agreed after my full terms were revealed. You must want him pissed off reeeeal bad...I'm off ta do a quick reccy and find him then! Be my pleasant hyper self, say hi, offer him a can of soda. Can you imagine what going fifty miles an hour does to a can of pop? It's fantastic!"

Jason: Jason turned back to Jac. "Maybe she was locked in a box. Though I imagine she could just leak out." Jason let out a great laugh as he imagined Jac attacking his father with a spray of soda. "Oh that would be brilliant. You are officially one of my favourite people if you do that."

Jac: "It's done," she picked a can off the table, tossing it between her hands. "Any idea where he is? Nah, actually, longer I look for him the worse the spray'll be. Back in a tick!" she shot out of the door in a blur.

Cessily: "I should keep in mind to never accept a drink of you then," Cessily remarked. "And there's nothing wrong with being cheerful really. You all should try it at least once before judging."

Jason: "Oh don't push behaviour on me that simply isn't me now." Jason said a bit dismissively as he chuckled against the flames Jac kicked up. "Oh that just makes my day right there."

Cessily: "Your loss," Cessily said with a shrug, grinning at Jason. "I guess I get to torment you with being cheerful a while longer then."

Jason: "Oh I don't think it's my loss. I'm quite happy being the bastard that I am." Jason tilted his head and leaned against the table. "Have you tried that one? After all, if you're going to try to preach about people needing to live like you shouldn't you try to live like them?"

Cessily: "No, why should I?" Cessily poked her tongue out at him. "For one, do you really think that I could pull off being a bastard in a convincing way? On top of that, I prefer harmony. You simply get along better with people when you try to be nice."
Jac: Jac dashed back in and came to a stop, her hat dripping a little with soda. "Deed is done. Sadly, met up with my parents at the same time so now I'm in trouble so yeah, you owe me much Maccies."

Jason: "Whoever said anything about getting along with people. Why should I try your way?" He grinned, popping the last bit of pizza in his mouth. "See? It's a bit off trying to get people to act like you just because you like it." Jason grinned when he saw Jac's dripping return. "Oh it's Maccies well earned."

Jac: She blinked at what she'd walked in to. Oh fun fun. This was such a lost debate it hadn't even begun. Maybe she should warn Jason that for next time.

Cessily: "Well, as long as you're happy with it, feel free to be whatever way you like," Cessily told him with a smile. She looked at Jac when she returned.

Jason: "There we are, that's the proper spirit." He looked back at Jac. "Get a good reaction for the fountain at least? I can imagine he was a bit surprised."

Jac: "Well. Surprised is one word for it. Think I'm pretty much dead meat if I'm caught though. It made interesting patterns on the nice wall and pictures..." she said in an innocent tone.

Cessily: Cessily chuckled. "Good thing that you can run that fast then. That's a good ability to have when you like to prank people."

Jason: "So you not only got to attack a parent with sticky drinks but do a bit of school damage. You've had a full afternoon of it, haven't you?" Jason held out the cheese puff bowl.

Jac: "Yeah, nooo shit," she rolled her eyes with a slight snort. "Doesn't save me from the fact I did it in front of - Oh holy fucker," she made a face as her phone started to blare out an Offspring track in her pocket. Pulling it out, she held it a little way away from her ear.

Jac: "Yes Mam. No Mam. MAAAAAM! Noo! No. NO. Maam...Ooooh, no!"

Jac: A sulky expression on her face, she reached out for the puffs, grabbing a handful. "'M eatin' Mam! Pleease!"

Jason: "Oh crap, I've gotten you in trouble now, haven't I?" Jason was going to be spending a small fortune at MacDonalds, he could just see it now.

Jac: Sticking her middle finger at him, she spat out a cheese puff on to his lap. "Yes Mam. No Mam. Three bags full Mam....sorry...."

Cessily: Cessily let out a sigh and stood up. "Oh well, I guess I should go and check on my family and make sure they didn't get lost somewhere."

Jason: "Enjoy." Jason gave her a brief nod before prodding Jac's hand. "Oooh, shall I talk to your mother? Now that sounds like fun."

Jac: Swallowing the rest of the puffs, she passed him the phone, managing a goodbye to Cess around the ample mouthful and headed back to the snack table.

Jac: "Knock yourself out."

Cessily: "See you guys later." Cessily emptied her glass and waved at the others as she left.

Jason: Jason eagerly snatched up the phone, trying not to laugh too terrible much. "Mrs. Falsworth, hello, just wanted to say you have a very charming daughter who kicks like a mule. You're going to have to tell me all sorts of childhood stories about her so that I can bring them up to her at inopportune times."

Jac: "...oh you're going to die." Jac glowered at him and sprang from over the shoulder, smacking him to the ground. Grabbing her phone she chirped into it. "See ya in a bit Mam. Just got ta kill someone."

Jason: Jason hit the ground hard but laughed anyway. "Worth it! So very worth it!"

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

09/27 Game: Family Avoidance Day

Post by Esynthia »

LOL fun ending yall. good game :)
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone