Read our full Game transcripts here!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

09/06 Game: The Breakfast Club

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Saturday, April 3rd.

FrWagner: Kurt looked around the room. Attendance was pretty easy to take. It only took a second or two to count to zero.

FrWagner: This was his fault. When he'd put the date down, he thought it was a Monday. But no, it was Saturday. Who came to class on Saturday? Over a holiday.

FrWagner: He was going to blame Rome. And timezones. And ... his calendar...

Cessily: Cessily had her bag slung over her shoulder and listened to music playing on her mp3-player as she turned around the corner and stepped into the classroom. She stopped, blinking at the empty room. Well, empty except for Father Wagner.

FrWagner: "Oh. I do have a student," Kurt said, sitting up straighter in his chair.

FrWagner: "Or are you ... just ... wandering by?"

Cessily: "Oh, hello, Father." She leaned sideways, glancing at the room number, then at her watch. "I'm not in the wrong place, am I," she asked. "Or at the wrong time?" Cessily walked into the room. "Mind you, it wouldn't be the first time that this happened."

FrWagner: "We're all in the wrong place at the wrong time," Kurt said. "Because yes, I scheduled class for a Saturday. But ... given that it's been done then ... no, you're not. This is class, so far." He grinned.

Cessily: "Oh, wow. At least we have no reasons to complain about too large classes then, no?" Cessily chuckled as she leaned against one of the tables in the front row. "Well, perhaps some people will still show up. As you've said, it's Saturday. So I wouldn't be surprised if people are sleeping in."

FrWagner: "I would be," Kurt admitted. "But, what can we do? I didn't realize it myself until yesterday."

Jac: The door slammed back against the wall and a blonde, blue and grey blur whipped into the room, a small trail of flames following. It crashed into a desk and Jac sat up, straightening her hat. Oh god. What the fuck had she done to deserve this? Apart from not much homework...Maybe she should have gone back home...

FrWagner: "If only someone had emailed and asked if I was serious about holding class over the weekend ..." Kurt shrugged. "It will be a smaller group. Here, help me push a few of the desks together so we can have sort of a 'round table'."

Bobby: Bobby yawned and ran a hand through his hair, shifting his feet outside the door, then jumping back at the trail of tiny flames flashing by him. "Motherfucker!" He put out the fire and only then looked into the room. "Oh... sorry..."

FrWagner: "Well, Jacqueline! I see you managed to make school into an extreme sport at last," Kurt said to her. "Come and sit down."

Cessily: Cessily just stared blankly at Jac and blinked. She was used to the flames by now, so didn't give in to the urge to run for the fire extinguisher at the wall. "Oh my..." she stepped over to her roomie. "Are you okay?"

Jac: "At last?" she looked at the head smurf with a raised eyebrow, then looked at Cess even more done out. "...I've always done that."

Namor: "Why must we have a class on the weekend?" Namor asked, entering the room.

Bobby: Pleased nobody seemed to have noticed him, Bobby slinked into the room and took a chair near the back of the room, dropping his notebook on the desk.

FrWagner: "Because you students are the most courageous and dedicated in the school," Kurt said, "and I just wanted to give you the opportunity to prove it."

Cessily: "Oh, hey, you two!" Cessily waved a little as she spotted Namor and Bobby walking into the room.

Jac: "An' d'you really have to call me Jacqueline? Really?" she plonked herself down on a seat towards the safety of the rear of the room.

Namor: "Namor is not easily impressed by flattery," he said, taking a seat.

Bobby: "Hey, Cess!" Bobby nodded at Namor, then snickered at Jac. "It's Jacqueline? That's actually pretty cool."

FrWagner: Kurt watched everyone sit down, leaned back and yawned. "I should have ordered in coffee," he said.

Cessily: "Hey, no hiding there in the back, okay," Cessily told the others with a chuckle. "Why don't you all come over here and we put a few tables together to sit close by, as Father Wagner suggested? We're few enough for that."

Jac: Smirking, she turned to Bobby. "Yeah, is, what did you think it was?" Jac asked, supressing a laugh over Mr Third Person.

Namor: Namor placed his aqua blue backback on the floor.

FrWagner: "Did you all read the handout? I tried to keep it pretty short." Kurt said.

Jac: "...There was a handout?" Jac's nose twitched nervously as she stayed firmly put where she was. Noo moving tables into the happy circle.

Bobby: "I dunno. I knew a Jackie..." Bobby pushed that thought aside quickly. "...oh, right, the handout."

Cessily: "Yeah, I did," Cessily replied, putting her bag onto the table she leaned against.

Namor: "What is the meaning of this circle?" Namor asked as he lifted a chair with one hand and slid it into place.

FrWagner: "This is a seminar class. No whiteboard with my sloppy handwriting. No notes to take. Just us talking about what we think. We can't all have a conversation together if you are in a row staring at me." Kurt explained.

Namor: "Indeed."

Cessily: So, back from your spontaneous vacation to Vegas," Cessily asked Bobby, giving him a smile. "How was it?"

Cessily: "Sounds like a cool idea, Father," Cessily said as she sat down on her chair. "I like the 'no notes to take' aspect," she added with a grin.

Bobby: "It means we might sing 'Kumbaya,' dude," he said to Namor, relenting in making the circle of death. He grinned at Cess. "Awesome. We just got back."

FrWagner: "I remember going to Las Vegas once," Kurt said. He paused. "Or... not so much remember it as ... remember that I must have gone because I don't actually remember being there ..." He was rambling. "So? Does anyone want coffee too?" He asked.

Jac: "Exactly my thoughts," she muttered dryly as the circle was made. "We might as well get a camp fire going and a slightly broken guitar out."

Namor: "Namor does not know how to sing, Kumbaya," Namor said with a puzzled look.

Bobby: "Sure, thanks." Bobby replied to the professor. "I need help with the awake today. Been a long week." His grin got wider.

FrWagner: "So, one coffee," Kurt said pointing to himself, "broken guitar. Campfire, and ... lyrics to Kumbaya?" Kurt asked.

Cessily: "I'll have a coffee, too, please," Cessily tossed in with a smile.

FrWagner: Kurt reached into his bag where he had a new stack of handouts since he no one ever actually read them and put them on a stack on his desk in the circle. "I'll just get the coffeemaker," he said. "And meanwhile, you can read these if you haven't. You've got about 3 minutes..." Kurt looked at his watch.

Namor: "Decaff for me," Namor said.

Cessily: "That's sweet," Cessily replied to Bobby and began to rummage through her bag. "I was surprised when you guys just left without saying anything."

FrWagner: Kurt teleported out of the room for the kitchen.

Bobby: "Wicked." Bobby gave the cloud a thumbs-up, then waved at the stench of brimstone. "I'll never get used to that, but as long as it ain't me he's 'porting I'm a happy Kumbaya circle-singer."

Jac: Jac baulked a bit, clapping a hand over her mouth. "Shit that's nasty! And you complain about the flames?"

Namor: "Surely we could not have been gathered here to sing." Namor said. "And I never received this mysterious handout."

Cessily: Cessily sorted through her things, pulling out a bottle with fruit juice and a small box with bonbons, then arranged everything on the table. Putting the bag onto the ground next to her feet, she propped her head on her hand.

Bobby: "Yeah, we kinda... just wanted to do it, you know? We'll still have a reception and stuff here, y'know... it's just with the act... if that passes...."

Jac: "You got a sixteen piece tea set in there too?" Jac watched Cess pull all the things out of her bag, expecting a lacy tablecloth and vase of flowers as well. Pulling a squashed bar of chocolate out of her pocket, she settled on a table on the free side of the happy circle. She had intended to sneak eat it but...

Cessily: "Huh?" Cessily looked up and turned towards Bobby. "What do you mean? I don't think that the act would have any impact at being able to go to Vegas and doing some gambling. Or did I miss something about that?"

FrWagner: Kurt returned to classroom clutching the coffee maker and trying not to spill it along with a box of supplies from the kitchen.

Namor: Namor drew on a piece of notebook paper, wasting time. He drew himself defeating criminals as they broke into an Atlanta office building.

Cessily: Cessily gave Jac a quick glance and a chuckle. "Oh no. That would take way too much time to set up before the class would be over again."

Jason: "Well, I'm fairly certain that the government still approves of us losing vast sums of money and funding ridiculous scenes. We're probably a bit more adept at cheating, however."

Bobby: "Oh..." Bobby had assumed between their MySpace posts and the school gossip everyone would know. "Well, we kinda got married..." He twisted the wedding band around his finger then held up the hand as proof.

Jac: "Y'really don't get sarcasm do you..." she sighed a little, subtly going to open a window.

FrWagner: "Okay..." he said as he unpacked the box of coffee things. "Jacqueline ... this is for you." Kurt used his tail to toss a can of Febreez in her direction.

Bobby: Bobby coughed slightly at the 'cheating' comment.

Jac: Sidestepping, Jac watched as the can sailed out of the now open window. "...Really don't call me that or I'm following the can and may be some time."

Cessily: Cessily completely forgot to greet Jason when she heard Bobby's words. "Buh...?" She blinked at him, feeling completely lost for a moment. Then she laughed. "Yeah, right. You almost got me there."

FrWagner: "Didn't have time to write 'congratulations Bobby and Lorna' on it because we are having class time," Kurt said setting a coffee cake in front of Bobby. "Someone went shopping so we should eat it before everyone else finds it."

Namor: Namor continued sketching in his notebook.

Jason: "Oh dear, have we found a new way to get under Jacqueline's skin? Whatever am I going to do with this new insight?"

Bobby: "No... really." Bobby hadn't quite expected that reaction from Cess. "Thanks, Father," he said for the coffee and the congrats. "I'll tell Lorna too."

Cessily: "Wait!" She quickly turned her head to look at Wagner. "So, it's true? Like, really? They're married? Not an April Fool's joke?" She looked back at Bobby. "Wow..."

Jac: "Bitch you want me to floor you, don't ya?" Jac raised an eyebrow as she looked over at Jas - oooh, Bobby and Lorna tied the knot? Wow.

Bobby: "Yeahuh.... like, really." Bobby this time waggled his hand in front of Cess's face.

Jac: "That's pretty awesome!" she shot over to Bobby, clapping him on the back. "Well done!"

Namor: "Yes, congratulations!"

FrWagner: "Okay, so what did you think about what you read?" Kurt asked as he plugged in the coffee maker. "I brought extra water for decaf Namor, but we will have to make it after." He looked up. "Oh and we have one more. Pull up a desk Jason we are just finally starting class."

Bobby: "Oooof!" Bobby nearly tipped over onto Cess's desk at the 'friendly' tap. "....thanks."

Cessily: "Wow... that's... wow. Fantastic, I mean!" Cessily got up and bounded over to Bobby, pulling him into a tight hug. "Congratulations!"

Jason: "Bitch?" Jason raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything else as the conversation stayed on the wedding topic. "Well, I suppose nothing quite says sacred bond more than Elvis and hookers." Jason slid into a seat, smirking at the bounding.

Namor: "Very well," Namor said, "I shall wait patiently for my coffee. Such is the burden of Namor the First!"

FrWagner: "And I think it's true Cessily or ... Then I am fooled by the joke too." Krut said sitting back down.

Bobby: "Thanks, Cess. You can be the official reception photographer you know." Bobby returned her awkward hug and then regained his seat.

Jac: "Yeah, bitch," sidestepping Cess as she launched herself rabidly on Bobby, she stood in front of Jason, staring up at him with a slightly eviul look in her eyes.

Jason: Jason crossed his arms and returned the slightly evil look. "Yes?"

Raya: Raya stood at the door, watching the milling before she decided to enter and possibly get run over. Saturday classes were usually...not this crowded. But it was at least something to do that didn't involve cleaning rooms.

Cessily: "Yay!" Cessily squeed audibly, squeezing Bobby another time. "Dude, I'll definitely be the photographer. I'd kick your and Lorna's butt otherwise. You know how much I finally want to take some wedding pictures. I've, like, waited for this chance several years now."

FrWagner: "Okay, so to entertain ourselves as we experience the burden of waiting for the coffee, let's talk about our subject. We have an important vote coming up next week for us." Kurt said.

Jac: "Yes..." she made a face at the squealing, and rolled her eyes as Wagner was calling the class to some sort of order. "I can wait."

FrWagner: "Since the mistake is mine, you all get A's for your grade just for sitting in class on a Saturday. But that means we do have to have a class," Kurt added.

Cessily: "Oh right, the class." Cessily bit her lip sheepishly and sat back down. "I'm so happy for you two," she whispered in Bobby's direction, then turned to see Raya walk in. "Hey, Raya!"

Bobby: "I know, we'll totally talk about it later. Liz and Rogue are still gonna plan it and all, so we can all go out and talk about it." He gave Cess a final squeeze on the hand and looked at Wagner. "Oh.... A is good."

FrWagner: "A is good," Kurt agreed. "And it should mean that you can just give your opinion and not worry what I think."

FrWagner: He waved Raya into the room.

Jason: "I shudder for my future." Jason allowed himself a chuckle at Jac's face. "Well, you'll have to wait for whatever horrible scheme you hope to enact on my poor self."

Jac: "An A? Fucking sweet!" Jac hopped up on a table, retriving her chocolate bar that she had left and glanced sideways at Jason. "I hope to? You mean that I will."

Namor: Namor listened to the classroom with one ear while continuing to draw. He imagined himself in World War II, smashing enemy tanks.

Raya: "Hey, Cess." She waved at the silver girl, and gave a nod at Father Wagner in greeting. "Saturday class... they're always interesting. In one way or another." She took a seat next to Cessily, setting down her notebook to get started. "So what did I miss?"

FrWagner: "Since you missed no actual class discussion - everyone can catch you up on the gossiping after," Kurt said, smiling at Bobby.

Cessily: "Not much," Cessily replied with a smile. She pulled her legs up to sit cross-legged on her chair. "We're just getting started. Oh, and Bobby and Lorna are married now, by the way."

Jac: Leaning sideways, Jac took a peek at the doodle and started to whistle the theme from The Great Escape as her mind begain to work out ways to avoid as much work as possible.

Jason: "You're so unaccustomed to having one an A earns a 'fucking sweet'?" Jason supposed that if his death via speeding English girl was well set he might as wel bury himself deeper.

FrWagner: "Okay, so why am I giving you a paper to read about 'Eugenics' right before we have this vote about mutants being to register themselves next week?" Kurt asked.

Jac: "Well, I normally have ta earn one. Back home in England you don't get one for just turning up."

Namor: "We mutants need not bow down to the government!" Namor exclaimed.

Cessily: "Well, I'd say because there might be the actual chance that some people will propose the exact same thing again. Just with us mutants, this time." Cessily grabbed a bonbon from her box. "After all, our condition is genetic, and so our children would be mutants, as well. And some people really don't like us."

Jason: "You tell them, Namor." Jason considered what it would be like if his roommate were to take to carrying a trident around. "Well it basically is the first step in the entire process, isn't it?"

Cessily: "If I could have actual children, that is," Cessily added with a shrug, tossing the sweet into her mouth. "That's actually one thing that I don't have to worry about."

FrWagner: "Okay - so because of genetics. Or let us just say 'heredity'. And that is a good point Cessily. What is 'eugenics'? What does the word mean?" Kurt asked.

Jason: Jason tried to catch Jac's eye to mouth 'so that's why your room gets so much activity'.

Namor: "But if a child is the offspring of a mutant, is that child really a mutant? Wouldn't it be normal for that child to be born more powerful than others?"

Raya: "Oh? Well, congratulations." Raya turned to smile at Bobby and give him a thumbs-up before she heard Namor. "Um...I don't think that's exactly what the Act is trying to get us to do..." She looked at Cess skeptically, thinking for a moment with the corner of her lip between her teeth. "The program might actually be what it says it is. A way to keep track of us in case someone decides to play Hitler again. do you know how many people were killed,

Bobby: "The act is why we got married in Vegas, complete with Elvis and hookers," Bobby grumbled. "It's none of the government's fucking business if we're mutants or not."

Jac: Oh shit she really should have read the handout...Glancing around, she caught Jasons eye, snorting as she caught most of what he mouthed at her.

FrWagner: "Another good point Raya! and Bobby too." Kurt said

FrWagner: "Okay, so for those who didn't read. Let's break the word down. In Latin "eu" means good." Kurt prompted.

Bobby: "Good genes. Who's the judge of that?"

Jason: "The majority."

Namor: "What is this desire of those in power to put labels on everyone, such as the term 'mutant'!" Everyone has some skill or ability," Namor said matter-of-factly.

Cessily: "Yeah, I think it's highly subjective what good genes actually are." She shrugged. "I mean, is blond hair better than black, or brown one? You can't really argue about such things, because they're just differences. But not better or worse than the other possibilities."

Jason: "Well, last I checked very few people have the ability to almost pull of ankle wings."

FrWagner: "Well, it's interesting that Germany is brought up first. Whenever we think of the word 'genocide' - we think of World War II and Germany, yes? But what else is 'good genes' about? Who else has focused on having just the good genetics in their society?"

Bobby: "Yeah, but that's not cool. I mean, why the hell are my genes so different from the president's that he wants to register them? I mean, his own kid woulc be a mutant too, then what?"

Jac: "Most of the world?" Jac shrugged a bit. "After all what country wouldn't want to put forward the best?"

Raya: "The united States has done it. There were Eugenics programs behind a lot of the Immigration laws at the turn of the last century, people just didn't think of it the same way then." Raya put in.

FrWagner: "Exactly Jacqueline. And... Raya did her reading." Kurt said smiling.

Jac: "It's all about getting a level of perfection and....y'know," she rubbed the back of her neck.

FrWagner: "So, were the people in U.S. thinking about killing people? How were they going to 'promote their society's best'?"

Bobby: Bobby made a face at Jac. "Level of perfection? Yeah, ok, I've got blue eyes and ... sort of blond hair, so I fit that old German perfection ideal, but my mom is Jewish, and I can't change those genes, so that makes me inferior?"

Namor: "The government only wants us to register to keep track of us," Namor said. "We are potential weapons to them. Why I could take out a fleet of enemy subs if I wished. Yet, I will not allow myself to be treated like a missle."

FrWagner: "Yes. This is important because this mutant act... it doesn't say why it is wanting the registration is it?" Kurt said.

Jac: "Well that's what they want," she chewed her lip. "Doesn't mean it works or is right when put in practise."

FrWagner: "So. Namor could be a weapon in war. What else could extraodinaries do?" Kurt asked.

Cessily: "Well, it doesn't always need to have anything to do with killing people. It's about keeping some from reproducing. That's still not nice, though." She ran a hand through her hair.

Bobby: Bobby closed his mouth at that, not wanting to think about what he could do.

Jac: "Win Olympic medals?"

Raya: "I don't think they were going to kill people. But of course, they were trying to protect what they thought was important to different races."

Jason: "Nearly anything. That would be the threat of violation people fear." Well, Cessily seemed back on the reproduction boat. Perhaps someone needed to prod that girl in the direction of Dr. Guan to work out some issues.

FrWagner: Kurt laughed. "That is interesting point Jacqueline. Because with rules of something like the Olympics - would they let someone with specialized abilities play?"

Cessily: "And I could think of countless things that they could use some of our abilities for. I mean, in same cases I could totally understand that. Take Josh's healing powers, for example. Imagine what it could do for health-care if you could give these powers to others."

Raya: "Or we could help people in accidents, defend those who can't do it themselves; Josh could be one of the best medics in the world, but no one would ever know to be able to see him if he didn't register."

Jac: Jac blinked. He took her seriously. And he was calling her Jacqu-fuckin-eline again...

Namor: "Although I would love to swim circle around the celebrated Michael Phelps, it would not be honorable or fair for me to be in the Olympics. I doubt it would be fair for most mutants to be in the Olympics. We have powers many people do not."

FrWagner: "Namor brings up very dire circumstances but Jacqueline was making a joke, but it is a serious question. Does it take away a right she has? What if she wants to represent her country and is not allowed? Is she the same as a person who is 'doping' then?"

Bobby: "You know, this whole idea of separating out people isn't new, but it's already following the same old path. I mean... like what that Essex guy did to some of us. He was looking at us like lab rats, and that alone implies we're already seen as inferior."

Jason: Jason busied himself with focusing on not laughing and suggesting they all crash the special olympics. That wouldn't be appropriate at all.

Cessily: "I wouldn't say that;" Cessily found. "After all, no one said that you couldn't take part in sport event because of inborn advantages. Take basketball players, for example. Some are just taller than others, but they would never exclude those from playing the game."

Namor: "I say we have more important things to concentrate on than sporting events. We should be protecting the world from evil."

Jason: "But a good deal of the world would assume we're the evil."

Raya: Raya bit her tongue to keep from disputing Bobby. "Exactly. No one's saying we can't do the things we're able to, just that they'd like to know what we can do if something happens and they need us."

FrWagner: Kurt nodded. "So it's not so easy to define the word 'eugenics' when it applies to us is it? We don't even know if this is a concern of a registration act."

Bobby: "Yeah, but some people seem to think we're the evil the world needs to be protected from."

Jac: She was going to have to get a shirt printed and snorted at Cess. "Yeah but I ain't taller than the normal one I just run at superspeeds. It ain't fair....unless..."

Namor: "The world would be wrong," Namor said, slamming a fist down on his desk.

FrWagner: "This is true Bobby. So why would that be?"

Jac: "The world's normally wrong about these things."

Jason: "Try telling the world that."

Raya: "Because we're so different that people don't know everything about us, and they're afraid of what they don't know. Like everybody is."

Bobby: "Like I fuckin... like I know. Anything different seems to be evil."

Cessily: "True," she replied to Jac. "Though, being taller is a clear advantage in some sports. But the taller person couldn't help being the way he is. So, wouldn't it be the same with us, too?"

Namor: "Namor is not afraid of the unknown. I have swum headfirst into the deepest caves of the Pacific."

Bobby: "Well, that's because you are the unknown, dude," he tossed at Namor.

Namor: Namor raised an eyebrow at Bobby.

Raya: "So are we all."

FrWagner: "So, yes. You understand that people fear what they do know understand. The unfamiliar is frightening to us." Kurt agreed.

Jac: "Yeah, um, no. Put me in a race with a regular person, whjo's going to win? Unless someone puts a tripwire downa dn breaks my ankles you wouldn't see me for flames."

Cessily: She frowned. "Though, I guess mutants would have to take part in their own Olympic competition then. That would make sense, wouldn't it? I mean, we have separate events for male and female athletes."

FrWagner: "You who read, you notice that before World War II eugenics is about 'removing inferiors' and after it is about 'promoting good traits'? There is a change in philosophy there. Why do you think that is?"

Jac: "Oh a Special Oylmpics..." Jac rolled her eyes with a snort. "Lovely."

Jason: Jason snorted loudly. "I've been trying not to say that ever since the olympics were brought up."

Bobby: "Well, hell, then maybe we're the end result of eugenics, since we're the ones with the extra talents."

Raya: "Because nobody wanted to be equated with the Nazi party?" Raya called, only halfway jooking.

Jac: "They want to lisence us and keep track. They're not going to give us little podium stands, stadiums and gold medals now, are they?"

Cessily: Cessily shrugged. "Either that, or everyone will say that mutants taking part in sports is an unfair advantage. But I guess we're digressing here, aren't we?"

FrWagner: Kurt nodded. "Okay, you make a joke again, but jokes are only funny if they have truth in them," Kurt said. "What if there IS a special olympics. Extraordinaries only. Competing against each other. Is that fair? Is it a good idea?"

Bobby: "Not really, since we all seem to have different powers, sort of, so you can't categorize us."

Raya: "Yes. It narrows the feild to those people who can all compete ont he same level; and isn't that what the olympics do now with everybody else?"

Cessily: "If you ask me, it's the only way us mutants could be involved in any kind of sports and have it at least be somewhat fair," Cessily replied with a shrug.

Jac: "No and I wasn't really jokin' seeing as those in power would hardly go for it."

FrWagner: "I am thinking something else," Kurt admitted.

Namor: "True," Namor said. "I can fly, but not as fast as some. Other cannot swim like me. There is not way to have a fair mutant Olympics."

Cessily: "I mean, someday there'll be more mutants than just us, and perhaps with similar powers. Maye those would want to compete against each other."

FrWagner: "Why would people watch a sporting event of people with unusual abilities playing against each other?"

Bobby: "Yeah, but, some of us are super strong or fast, but if we have a melting contest only me, Cess and Raya could compete, y'know?"

Jason: "It would only be a good idea in perhaps giving us a bit more better press but it's doubtful it would even do that. It would be another opportunity for people to see what we do and see also why we should be monitored."

FrWagner: "The word I am thinking of is 'freak show'," Kurt said.

Namor: "Indeed."

Jac: "And give 'em a chance to moniter. Keep all our stats on record."

Cessily: "Well, I'm not sure if many people would watch it," Cessily said. "But perhaps some mutants would still like to compete in sports. You don't need to have spectators to enjoy sports."

Raya: "The same reason they'd watch anyone else in a competition. to see who's teh best at what they're doing. So they can be recognized and honored for their talent." Raya cocked her head at Father Wagner. "Do you think the Olympics as they are now is a freak show? it's the same principle, only there aren't mutants in it."

Cessily: "You could say the same about the paralympics, then," Cessily tossed in and crossed her legs. "

Bobby: "Yeah.. but that's regular people, and people already think we're freaks. Beside... like people don't laugh at the special Olympics - PC or not."

Namor: "I believe this arguement can never be won. It is 'six in one hand or half a dozen in the other' as some people say," Namor mentioned.

Raya: "So how does it being us competing make it any different? We're only perpetuating what people are saying when we refuse to be put in the sae box as normal people."

Jac: "Really can't..." finishing her chocolate bar, Jac crumpled the wrapper up, flicking it towards the bin.

FrWagner: "Well, not now Cessily of course. You would say now that these people are 'exceptional athletes despite their disabilities and that is impressive. Yet, in the reading, before World War II, who were some of the people who were not allowed to marry? Who underwent forced sterilization?" Kurt asked.

Cessily: Cessily nodded at what Raya said. "Yeah, that's right. I don't really see the difference."

Namor: Namor began drawing again and thinking to himself.

FrWagner: "And you are right Namor - there is no way to win the argument. That is why we discuss things, to try to see all sides as they are viewed by our peers and by those outside of this institution," Kurt said.

Bobby: "Deaf people or something, right?" Bobby slid down into his chair, trying to remember the handout, which now that he thought about it was probably under his seat in the Blackbird.

Jason: "Well anyone with undesierable traits so anyone that was 'subpar' in anyway."

Namor: Namor began drawing a picture of the East Coast.

Cessily: "Or who had hereditary diseases, for example," Cessily added.

FrWagner: "Right, it was the handicapped and the mentally ill. There were also certain races immigrating into the country who were 'profiled' if you recall," Kurt said.

Namor: Then, Namor drew large sea monsters rising out of the water...

Raya: "But how do you know the government thinks we're subpar? It could really be they think we're extraordinary." She shook her head at the comments around her. "But that could have been for their own protection and safety. You can't have accidental children you're incapable of caring for if you can't procreate at all."

Bobby: "Yeahuh. Eastern Europeans. That's never made sense." Bobby sat up a little, finally remembering what he'd read. "So... if we're equating that situation to us, we're feeble. Nice."

Namor: "It could be the government sees us as extraordinary and subpar at the same time."

Namor: Namor ripped off his notebook page and began a new drawing.

Cessily: "I'm not sure. Perhaps they don't see us as exactly inferior or subpar. They wouldn't fear us that much if we were. But I can still see them wanting to control our propagation."

Bobby: "Um... so the next step after registering us? What if it's sterilization to make sure our subpar-ass genes don't pass on..."

Jac: Jac made a face at that. "It never makes sense. It's all about what they don't understand, or trust."

Jason: "Extraodinary in that we can do things out of the ordinary...obvious by the word choice, and subpar in that we're not exactly human. We are undesierable traits in the gene pool if the general order of things are going to stay the same."

Namor: Namor drew Xavier's and began drawing all the professors, including Wagner, out front of the school.

FrWagner: "Yes, eastern Europeans and Asians. And now decades later in America their technology companies worry about not having enough American scientiests and it is a place where Asia excels. So you can see where this idea of eugenics can be ... nonsensical," Kurt said.

Jac: "Yeah, but they don't get that til it's so late on. Like, one day people'll realise what a royal fuck up this all was, but right now..."

Namor: Then, Namor sketched a creature that looked like a bear and fish combined looming over the campus, his hand reaching for the faculty.

Namor: A grin came over Namor.

Bobby: "There's lots of shit that's nonsensical in the world... but it can still bite you in the ass." Bobby cleared his throat, suddenly really uncomfortable with the conversation.

Namor: Namor scribbled "Monstro" next to the creature and smiled.

Cessily: "Or specifically breed mutants who have desirable traits. Or pass those traits on to others." She gestured with a hand. "Don't you think that the government would love to have spies who can read other peoples mind. Or soldiers with Vic's mutation."

Bobby: "....they do have soldiers with Vic's mutation," he muttered. They had Vic.

Namor: "Of course the government would like to use our powers. But we are citizens, not weapons."

Raya: "Or spies with yours. I agree with the possibility, but right now all we're doing is making the idea more complex, and more frightening. Why don't we pay attention to Occam's Razor?" Raya tilted her head at Cessily.

Jac: "But if we're citizens then why're they treating us like this?"

Jason: "Unless they can bypass us being human then we aren't exactly citizens, are we?"

Bobby: "They called us 'metahuman' right?" Bobby tried to remember the speech he'd seen on TV.

Namor: "Namor is a citizen! I was born and raised in Atlanta with the same rights as all residents."

FrWagner: "There is something I didn't talk about in our handout, an idea of negative eugenics vs. positive eugenics. Negative being the old ideas that prevented intermarrying or the procreation of the mentally ill. Positive being some of the things that are called eugenics now - like the "genius sperm bank"." Kurt said added.

Raya: "Even you can't tell me we're all totally homo sapiens sapiens, Bobby. We are different."

FrWagner: "If the registration act were to develop into ... genetic profiling, where would we fall?" Kurt asked.

Cessily: "But we can still have children with non-mutants," Cessily remarked. "Doesn't that classify us as a member of the same species?"

Namor: Namor doodled a politician holding a paper title "registration."

Bobby: "...I know I'm not, like, totally human. But I think I am. I mean... yeah. Like Cess said. I always thought before Lorna I'd marry a girl who wasn't a mutant."

Jac: "But what do they mean with metahuman? Isn't meta like some kind of word for after?"

FrWagner: "I don't know what 'metahumans' was meant to mean," Kurt sait.

Namor: Namor then drew himself spearing the document with a trident and wrote a speech balloon over his head that read "Carpe diem."

FrWagner: "You're right. Meta is the Latin suffix for "of"."

Namor: Namor scratched his chin and looked at his drawing. He began erasing.

Raya: "But even then your children might not be totally human. so I think it's valid that we be calssified as different, genetically. Becuase, well, we are." Raya shrugged as she talked; this was going absolutely nowhere fast.

FrWagner: "So a 'metahuman' is a human of a human."

Namor: Namor took off Carpe Diem and wrote 'Imperius Rex' into the speech balloon, sat back in his chair and smiled.

Bobby: "Maybe it's supposed to mean that we're of humans, but not humans?" He shrugged.

Jason: "Nobody is saying it isn't valid." Jason fought the desire to roll his eyes as he spoke. "The issue is that this difference will be used as one of the justifications to treat us as the please."

FrWagner: "This is ... a problem with politics I think? They make words that sound appropriate and those words become the thing," Kurt said. Then he nodded. "Maybe they are Bobby, but it is impossible to know since they didn't define it."

Raya: "That's like the first chicken egg coming from the last Almost-Chicken." Raya snickered, a grin appearing and lightening her face as she leaned over the desk.

FrWagner: Kurt laughed. "That's a very good example of why it doesn't make sense Raya."

Cessily: Cessily ran a hand through her hair. "I'm really not sure about that. I mean, yes, we have different traits than other humans. But the same is true for other genetic groups, as well. Asians or black people, for example. Or people with blonde hair. But we still consider everyone human, even though we can put them in different sub-groups."

Bobby: Bobby ran his hand through his hair.

Jason: "Well we consider them human now."

Namor: Namor began looking at his watch, knowing he was working at the Waffle House later in the day.

Jason: "And probably not everyone does that." Jason was sure that he could recall various incidents to back that up. Living with some people really did show an interesting cross-section of humanity.

FrWagner: "In the Catholic Church, there were certain miracles attributed to the 'extraordinary' actions of particular saints. These saints did things like ... appear in two places at once, or demonstrated upon themselves Christ's wounds for years at time without harm. Things that science couldn't explain. These saints are known as "extraordinaries". Later, this term, "extraordinary" became the term the Church used," Kurt explained.

FrWagner: He didn't mention, for the moment at least, that it was his own research and writing that lead to this particular doctrine.

Jac: "Nah, they don't. And grouping people still just shows that people still think 'by groups' so, what, I'm not the same as someone deep down just cause my hair is blonde? I'm still a person aren't I?"

Cessily: "Yeah, I know," Cessily conceded. "I didn't say that everyone will agree with this definition. There will always be people who think of us as freaks. But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to convince the reasonable ones."

Namor: "I think is is human nature to label things, events, people."

Jac: "Because it's got the word 'human' in it, with meta fixed to it. Sounds more of a threat or something."

Raya: "It is." Raya looked over at Namor, who'd finally looked up from his drawing. "Or it's just a word put on there to narrow it down. Like saying blueberry muffin."

Cessily: "Yeah, I agree with Namor," Cessily said and nodded. "After all, that's what we have done for a long time now. Putting things into categories."

Bobby: Bobby slid back down into his chair, trying to not think of the implications of the act. No matter what happened at the vote, they'd taken care of that problem. They were okay now. Right?

Namor: "What about muffins!?"

Namor: Namor began drawing a mutant muffin attaching the school.

Jac: "Dude...It's cool. The muffins ain't coming to get you..."

Jason: "Unless you really dislike blueberries I don't think we're labeling muffins for the sake of ostrisizing them."

FrWagner: The muffin conversation made Kurt realize that everyone probably needed a little mental break.

FrWagner: "You know, we were so involved we didn't smell the coffee," he said.

Namor: Namor wrote 'Muffinstro" next to his creation.

FrWagner: Kurt stood up to pull paper coffee cups out of the box and pass them around.

Namor: I will have a cup of coffee but will need to take it with me.

Namor: "I apologize, but I must report to the Waffle House for work," Namor said gathering up his books and drawings.

FrWagner: "That's fine." Kurt handed him a cup.

Cessily: "Oh right, the cofffee." Cessily sat up straight and smiled, taking a cup before passing the rest along. "Okay, see you later." Cessily gave Namor a wave.

Namor: "Thank you, sir," Namor said, taking the steaming brew.

Jac: Jac gave him a wave from her seat on the desk, a little dissapointed he was going as the doodles had been amusing. "Bye!"

Jason: "Steal some leftovers for us."

Bobby: Bobby saluted Namor, glad the crack about his cousin had passed unnoticed.

Namor: "Farewell fellow mutants," Namor said and headed off to work.

FrWagner: Kurt filled everyone's cups and passed around sugar and milk.

FrWagner: "Thanks for participating," Kurt called after him.

Jac: He was giving her coffee? Jac raised an eyebrow and shot Jason a look, meaningfully raising her cup at him.

Jason: Jason saw that look and tilted his own cup up at her. Oh this was a disaster in the making.

FrWagner: He looked in the box. The decaf and extra water was still there. "Oh Scheiße... That wasn't the decaffinated..." He said looking at the door.

FrWagner: Well, at least Namor wouldn't fall asleep at work.

Jac: "It isn't?" she sipped some, the evil grin well fixed on her face. "Oh well."

Bobby: Bobby sipped at his own coffee. "Eh, he'll like it. Makes Bubba feel lighter," he said, without elaborating.

Cessily: Cessily shrugged, smiling. "It makes no difference for me," she said, adding plenty of milk and sugar to her cup.

FrWagner: Kurt scratched his head. "Well... I never drink decaffeinated either, Kurt said.

Jac: "...Bubba? Yeah, but he wanted the decaf so it'll make a difference to him alright!" she motioned out of the door after Namor.

FrWagner: "Okay, well, let's finish up with just ... What worries us most?" Kurt said.

Jason: "He's going to be zipping around the place as fast as his tiny wings can carry him."

FrWagner: "This is instead of writing an essay for me," he added.

Jac: "Zip-pa-dee-doo-daa..."

Bobby: Bobby snorted, before sobering. Oh, instead of an essay...

Jac: "And seriously, if his zipping had anything on mine I'd be well impressed."

Jason: "The most? How can you choose just one thing?" Jason snorted and looked back over at Jac. "Well, at least there aren't any stairs at the Waffle House for him to zip down."

FrWagner: "Let's say we have this Registration Act pass. Where are we most worried about? What power it give to the government? What power does it take away from me?" Kurt looked around. "This is ... open for whatever you think."

Bobby: "I don't think, considering past history, that any one group has the right to register any other group based on their genes. I mean... it's just not cool. Whether I am human or not, I feel human, and I just wanna have the ability to have my own life... same for, like, my kids, or anybody here's kids..."

Cessily: Cessily stirred her coffee as she tried to think of what worried her the most. "Hm, that's not easy to decide. There are a lot of things that would worry me."

Cessily: "I guess what would worry me is the passing of the act itself," she concluded after a couple of seconds, nodding. "Because it would mean an erosion of taboos, so to speak. As in, if they pass this law, it's the first step in treating us differently that other people. And that opens the door for many other things they could do. It would get easier for them with each law passed after this one."

Jac: "Anyone in their right mind'd be worried, but actually picking what worries me the most?" she shook her hwad. "I dunno. Guess it's the deportion thing. I sign up or I go home. And if I get deported, they'll know why back home and then no sports programme'd take me."

Jac: "But if I sign up they'll know who I am, what I do, where I go..."

Jason: "And that's an amazingly uncomfortable feeling."

Bobby: "Yeahuh." Bobby just nodded agreement with Jason and Jac, which in itself was kind of disconcerting.

FrWagner: "I think for me," Kurt said, "if I were writing an essay for myself is similar to what Jacqueline says and Cessily and Bobby too. I am not an American Citizen. I do not like that it is become a rule here for me to sign myself up as a special kind of person and that if I don't, I risk deportation. I don't like the idea that if other countries follow, that when I travel, I have a special line to stand on to declare my

FrWagner: 'status'. Especially when it is one that everyone can see with their own eyes."

Jac: Again with the fucking name! Jac groaned loudly, headbutting the table she was sat on with a series of audible thumps.

Jason: Jason looked over again when he heard the thumping noise and laughed. "So, are we testing out the need of that special helmet? Surely there's something in there worth protecting."

FrWagner: "So like Cessily and Bobby, it is not only the act itself that bothers me, but the future repercussions. Will it lead to new legistlations? Not just in America but in other countries. We see in history, and not just in Germany... Jacqueline? Is something wrong?"

Bobby: Bobby looked down, then glancing at Jac curiously.

Jac: "Ireallyfuckinghatethatfuckingname..."

Bobby: "What name?"

Jason: "I believe she's cursing her parent's choices. Which, considering her, is understandable."

FrWagner: "You mean your name? Well this is what I have on my list..." Kurt picked up his class list with the student's names and pictures.

Cessily: "Yeah, that's pretty much it." Cessily nodded. "I can see other countries doing the same once the US has started with this thing."

FrWagner: "Well, what do you like then?" Kurt asked Jacqueline?

Jason: "She generally goes by Princess."

Bobby: "Yeah.... yay, US, right, Cess?" Bobby's mouth twisted.

Jac: Looking up at Jason, she scowled darkly. "Oh fuck you and the horse you rode in on, you smug git."

Jason: "I'm beginning to think that I should just forget about the act and say that the thing I'm most afraid of is vengence at the moment."

Jac: "You better be. Sleep with both eyes open...."

Jason: "I'll tell Namor the government is coming to pollute the lake. He'll stand guard all night."

Bobby: "See, it's total fifth grade love," Bobby said, scooting close to Cess as he did.

Jac: "Oh and I have special pain reserved for you too, Bobkin."

Jason: "May I join you in the infliction of that pain?"

FrWagner: Kurt sighed. "I would have done better with mind reading as a teacher I think. As it is I only have this teleportation and this being blue thing. If you like, you can tell me after class without the 'peanut gallery' to assist you," he said.

Bobby: "I have no fear, becuse my wife can kick both all y'alls asses." Bobby smirked, downing the rest of his coffee.

Jac: Momentarily ignoring Jason, she turned her attention to Wagner. "Jac. Everyone calls me Jac. It's nice, short, simple."

FrWagner: "It is," Kurt agreed. "I like it. I'll remember from now on."

Jac: "She'd have to catch me first...Plus doubt she'd want to kill me too much. Basketball bonds well."

Bobby: "Hey, I told, and I was totally serious." Bobby cleared his throat. "It's just not right."

FrWagner: "So the kicking of asses aside, is that it for your concerns for next week?" Kurt asked.

Cessily: Cessily sipped on her coffee and shrugged. "I say that people shouldn't be bothered or should have to worry about others intruding in their lives if they have done nothing wrong and just want to be left alone."

Jac: "Ain't that easy though. Never is."

Jason: "I'd like to fly and spit diamonds too." Jason muttered lowly.

FrWagner: "You know what bothers me the most about it?" Kurt asked.

Bobby: "That would be better than shitting them," Bobby agreed.

Jac: "Oh yeah. Spit n polish would work better than a shit n polish..."

FrWagner: "Not what it means for the future as much as the fact of how it is being decided. You saw how in the past all those eugenics decisions were made in congress because of expert testimony by scientists. This new vote is being decided by the democracy. These aren't scientists or doctors who have special knowledge of the subject. This is a popular opinion of what people think should be done about those who are different than

FrWagner: themselves." Kurt said. He only needed to keep them on track for ... 5 more minutes at the most.

Jason: "Well, I suppose at the very least that we're letting our nation's own stupidity decide rather than try to tout false sciences. Either way it's quite depressing."

Bobby: "Yeah.... it's hardly reassuring that Billy Joe Bob from Buttfu...dge, Arkansas is deciding our fate, when he's probably afraid of the outhouse shadow."

FrWagner: Kurt laughed. "You talk about shitting diamonds in front of me and you censor the work fuck?" He asked, still laughing.

Bobby: "Well, it seemed polite." Bobby coughed.

Cessily: Cessily thought about what Wagner had said for a couple of seconds, then slowly nodded. "Yeah. That's a definite downside of direct democracy. People being uninformed on the topic, which in turn makes them susceptible to dogmatism and others appealing to their fears. Though, that doesn't mean that representatives make much smarter decisions."

Bobby: "Yeahuh, what she said," Bobby nodded.

FrWagner: "It was very polite Bobby," Kurt agreed.

Jac: "Er, yeah. Same..." Jac blinked, relaxing back into a slight slouch.

FrWagner: Kurt nodded towards them in turn. "Yes, that is my fear as well. How much education does the population have? How much control does the media have over them?"

Cessily: Cessily smiled. "Which doesn't mean that I think this is the wrong way to decide such things. I mean, it's better than electing a bunch or people who we don't know every few years who then make all the decisions for us. I'd hardly call that democracy." She shrugged. "It's all a matter of keeping the people informed and interested."

Jac: "Well, shouldn't it be what type of education rather than how much?"

FrWagner: Kurt shrugged. "I can only hope that when the day comes for a decision, they make it with their heart and not with the part of themselves that is afraid of the unknown."

Jason: "I'm fairly certain that for a lot of people the fear is there as well."

FrWagner: "Well, I just hope the ones who aren't afraid are the ones who come to vote that day," Kurt said.

Cessily: Cessily frowned and made an awkward face. "I don't hold my breath, to be honest. Fear is a good motivation."

Jac: "More people are afraid than understand so that doesn't work. Fear's easier to deal with than getting yoru head round the unknown."

Bobby: "Yeah, I hope so." Bobby said, chewing on the corner of his lip. "But yeah, Cess is right."

FrWagner: Kurt stood up to collect the coffee things.

FrWagner: "You did really well today. Especially for a Saturday," Kurt said.

Cessily: "Is the class over already," Cessily asked, checking her watch. She gave a smile. "Wow, I didn't notice how fast the time went by."

FrWagner: "So, you can go out and enjoy the rest of it. There is no essay for this class. We'll meet again after we find out the results and talk about what that will mean. I'll reschedule it for a more reasonable day than Saturday. And that is the nicest compliment ever Cess." Kurt said.

Bobby: Bobby jumped up a little too quickly, anxious to escape the room. "Sounds awesome."

Cessily: "You're welcome," Cessily replied with a short laugh and packed her things together. "It was interesting, and as you've said, we still have plenty of weekend left." She turned to the others. "So, do we want to do anything fun?"

Jac: "Oh yeah. No essays are well cool!" her stomach gave a small rumble. Food would be so good...

Jason: Jason supposed he should make a hasty retreat before Jac remembered she had vengence to enact. He was sure she owed him still ever since the illusionary cop car. Jason just hope that she wasn't saving anything up.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen