Read our full Game transcripts here!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

08/30 Game: Carnival Calamity

Post by steyn »

Summers: Scott skated down the hall banging on dorm room doors. "Come on, people, time to stop studying - today's a purely fun day!" He turned at the end and went back down.

Lorna: "Studying? What is this thing you speak of?" Lorna's head popped out from behind her door. At least, she was pretty sure seeing if the mice were bright enough to figure out the maze she had set up and get the dorito at the end didn't qualify as studying.

Summers: He grinned. "Well - whatever you were doing, I've set a carnival of sorts up in the DR."

Rogue: Rogue leaned against her doorjamb and grinned at Scott, "Showin' ya wild side again, Ah see."

Summers: He rolled his eyes at Rogue. "You really don't know me very well, if you think it's just a side. Anyway, come on. I've been up most of the early morning figuring out how to program the bounce house."

Kyle: Kyle heard the ruckus outside his room. Peeking out his door he could hear Scott further down the hall, at the girl's side. Curiosity got the better and he found himself at Scott and the other girls, "Bounce house? What's that?" he asked

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Maybe not. Ya sure as hell don't let anybody see it of'en 'nough ta let me think it's more'n just a side." She came out and closed her door behind her, "Bounce house is like a big ol' thing ya climb in an' jump 'round in... Inflated an' everythin'."

rachel: Rachel winced at the banging and trudged out of her room to see what Scott was going on about. Okay, carnival...bounce house... Maybe she should go back to hiding...

Lorna: "I think we're about to go find out." Lorna poked her head back into her room to put things back to normal quickly and then reemeged. "Ah, the inflatable stealth bathroom."

Summers: "Awesome." He did a few spins and waited for more people to show their faces. "It'll be fun, Rachel, don't look so sourpuss."

Kyle: "Inflated?" Kyle asked, "Like balloon? That inflated?" he looked down at his claws. Maybe a bounce house wasn't something for him.

rachel: She rolled her eyes and grinned, "Fine, I'll try and have fun and be cheery."

Rogue: "Good, Firefly! Ya get more cookies later." She grinned down the hall at her friend and looked back at Scott, "Ok, so what gave ya tha idea f' all this?"

Lorna: "Yep, that kind of inflated. They're fun." Lorna grinned, feeling some of the exhuberance that Scott seemed to already have a good deal of.

Summers: "Atta girl. And there's other things, too, Kyle. I found a carnival program and enhanced it a bit." He shrugged. "Well, it's been rather serious lately, what with all the fuss about the government's anti-mutant stance, and doing that Mario Kart thing made me think we should all just take a day or something to relax."

rachel: "Hm, I'll have to start being happier if you're going to give me cookies everytime I am."

Rogue: Rogue grinned, "Gotta say it's a good idea, sugah." She walked down the hall and put her arm around Rachel's shoulders pulling her with her, "Maybe even cupcakes sometimes..."

rachel: Rachel wrapped an arm around Rogue, "Make it brownies, and we might have an agreement."

Rogue: "Agreed."

Lorna: "Less talk, more bounce." Lorna chuckled, clapping her hands together and hurrying along.

Kyle: "I'll have the cupcakes if she doesn't want them." Kyle quickly said as he followed the lot.

Summers: He grinned and stopped at the top of the stairs. Going up in rollerblades was easier than going down....

Summers: He sat down and took them off, leaping down the stairs to catch up to the others.

Rogue: Rogue grinned, "Alright, Kyle, Ah'll make ya some." She sidestepped Scott's bounding after them and shook her head with a small laugh. "What else is waitin' f' us 'sides tha bounce house, Wes?"

Summers: "You'll see - there's game booths, and a rollercoaster, too."

Kyle: "Oh! I like Rollercoasters!" Kyle said with much glee. "Last one I was on I..err...I threw up aftterwards.....but I think I ate too much before going up on it. I can't remember." Kyle said

Rogue: "Oooh! Rollercoaster! Sweet!" Rogue gave Kyle a gentle pat to his head, "Yeah, don't sit near me..."

Summers: "I remember."

rachel: "Rollercoasters are awesome. How big is it?"

Summers: "Pretty big?" He led them down to the DR and opened the doors dramatically. Cheesy music greeted them along with the sounds of running rides and vendors hawking their booths.

Rogue: Rogue laughed at the sight and headed straight for the cotton candy booth, smelling it. "Damn, too bad it ain't real."

Kyle: "Wow." Kyle added peeking into the Danger Room.

Lorna: "Oh you quite outdie yourself, Scott." Lorna chuckled as she saw the Carnival of Xavier's. "Though I think if we were to redo the school to fit it I'd get sick of the music after a while."

Summers: "Yeah, sorry - the only food that's real are the things in the coolers." He pointed the three large ones out by the entrance.

rachel: "Yeah, this looks really cool, Scott," she grinned. "You should start charging people."

Rogue: "But not us."

Summers: "Of course not." He dropped the skates by the coolers and put his shoes on, which had been sitting there. "So - there you go - go forth and play."

Lorna: Lorna's eyes latched onto something of interest. "Ooh, bicycles!" Lorna hurried over, laughing a particularly had laugh at one with handlebars and streamers. "Mine. Who wants to race?"

Kyle: Kyle was on his way to the coolers, but then looked up at the sound of the rushing rollercoaster above him. Maybe not eat now. Food afterwards.

Summers: "Me!" He selected a BMX scooted up next to Lorna.

rachel: Rachel glanced around, trying to decide where the best place to start was. Everything looked cool and fun and tempting...

Rogue: Rogue followed Kyle's eyes up to the rollercoaster and grinned, grabbing his hand and Rachel's as she started running for it.

Lorna: Lorna honked her horn with something of feindish glee. "So...I'm not exactly gifted in the ways of bike riding. Fun to crash though."

Kyle: Kyle's hand got practically yanked off with the force Rogue pulled him along to the entrance for the rollercoaster. He didn't mind. He wanted to ride the big ride.

rachel: "A little warning next time before you decide to practically take my arm out of socket," she poked her tongue out.

Rogue: Rogue snickered and pulled them through the queue since no one was in line and strapped herself into the car. "Nope! No warnin'! Get in!"

rachel: Rachel plopped down in one of the cars and buckled the belts as ordered and grinned widely.

Lorna: Lorna gave a tentative push forward with the bike, cheating generously to keep upright. "So, who else knows the words to Bicycle Race?"

Kyle: Kyle got in behind Rachel in the car, doing the same strapping as ordered. He was very excited. It showed in the wagging.

Rogue: Rogue laughed and gave a squeal when the train lurched forward, sending them on a slow climb up, and up, and up. "Woo!"

Kyle: A stupid grin was plastered on Kyle's face.

Summers: "Queen? I do."

Summers: "Hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars!"

Lorna: "Everyone should love Queen." Lorna nodded, humming the first few bars.

Rogue: Rogue held her breath as they were fixing to drop then let it out in one loud laughing scream as they soared down and did a quick loop and twist after, "Yeeehaaaaw!"

Summers: Scott paused to watch the others on the coaster. He pedaled over and got in an empty car, putting his hands up as it plummeted.

rachel: Rachel took a breath as the rollercoaster dropped and was fairly sure she had the same stupid grin on her face as Kyle, just without the fangs.

Kyle: "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee..." came the voice of Kyle from behind those fangs.

Summers: He waved as he passed by the other car in blur.

Rogue: Rogue grinned over at Scott and waved back, but was quickly jerked to the side as the car took a violent turn, making them ride upside down.

Summers: He let out a whoop as he followed along, closing his eyes as he hit the loop.

Summers: When the ride ended, he got off, grinning.

Rogue: Rogue flew out of the ride and landed with a small stumble. She laughed and shook her head, trying to clear it, then she finally plopped down onto her butt on the ground of the ride. "Ha! That was so much fun! Ah ain't ridden a 'coaster in years!"

rachel: Rachel stumbled off the ride, "We should so do that again later."

Kyle: Kyle sat with his hands gripping the safety bar, "Aww, again!"

Summers: "Me either! Definitely again. Later, though, I agree - I'm hungry." He got up and went over to the cooler and pulled out a sandwich. anyone want one?"

Rogue: "Ah do." Rogue pushed herself up and balanced for a minute before walking over to him, "Thanks, hun. What next, y'all?" She took the sandwich from Scott and took a bite. "Fun house?"

rachel: "I'll have one," she took a sandwich from Scott and gave a shrug, "Works for me."

Kyle: Food! Kyle pulled the safety things off and stepped out of the car before it started going off again. His feet were a bit wobbly at the second step towards food and ended faceplanting himself on the ground. He quickly got back up and grabbed for a sandwich.

Summers: "Sounds good," he said munching on his own.

Summers: "According to the map, here the fun house is...that way." He pointed downt he main 'road'.

rachel: Rachel took a bite out of the sandwich and started down the road in the direction Scott point. She was tempted to try and drag Rogue along like she had been for the rollercoaster, but super strength kinda ruined that idea...

FrWagner: Kurt looked at his watch. It was just typical that on the day that they'd put together a carnival in the danger room, he had to be on conference calls all afternoon. He blamed Europe and their time zones.

Summers: He followed Rachel, waving at Kyle and Rogue to follow.

Kyle: Kyle's attention was briefly taken away from the sandwich to look up at Scott waving him over. He quickly followed, still munching on the food.

FrWagner: At least he'd had time to change into jeans and a t-shirt. He'd always shied away from blue jeans because ... he was always worried about ... too much blue, but damn they were comfortable. And ... really, there was never enough blue. He stepped in and looked around.

FrWagner: It wasn't really what he was expecting.

Summers: He looked around the opening of the fun house, making funny poses in the curved mirrors.

Rogue: Rogue followed after Kyle as she finished her sandwich, "'M comin'." She jogged to catch up and grinned as she walked into the fun house. "Who can find their way out first ya think?"

rachel: "Kyle, I would think," she snickered at Scott's reflection.

Summers: "I don't know. I was always pretty bad at these things - Chris or Megs used to have to come find me, so probably not me."

FrWagner: Carnivals in Europe were more like big parties with clowns and costumes. This was ... totally different. It never ceased to amaze him how huge the danger room could look - big enough to fit a roller coaster, food concessions, and buildings.

FrWagner: "Hallo? Anybody?" Kurt wandered through the wide midway.

Summers: He turned at a new voice. "Oh - hello, Fr Wagner." He waved a bit.

Kyle: "That how my back looks like?" Kyle asked staring at a mirror's reflection in a mirror.

FrWagner: Kurt saw Scott wave from the door of a colorful building and jogged over. "Fun House". Seemed like a good place to start.

Rogue: Rogue turned and grinned at Father Wagner, "Hey!" She waved him over, "We're fixin' ta go through tha fun house..."

Rogue: Rogue posed in front of one of the mirrors and giggled at herself. "Ok, Ah vote Father Wagner out first."

FrWagner: Kurt caught up. "I'd like to fix it as well," he said, looking in one of the mirrors.

FrWagner: In it he was about 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide.

rachel: "Hey, Wagner," she smiled.

Summers: Scott went down a hall and smacked his face against a mirrored dead-end. "Shit!"

FrWagner: "I was expecting to see clowns and Biergarten girls..." Kurt said, "But instead I am a fat person." He laughed and glanced over his shoulder where in another mirror he was impossibly tall. "Well, maybe this one is better."

Rogue: Rogue stopped just before she bumped into Scott. "Careful there, Farm Boy." She turned around and started slowly trying to find her way out. Which resulted in her ending up in a cul-de-sac of mirrors. "Ack!" And now she couldn't find which way she'd come in from. "Stop tha world an' lemme out!"

Summers: "Hang on. I'm at an opening." He reached his hand out for hers. "This way."

Rogue: Rogue grasped onto Scott's hand and laughed nervously, "That was not fun. Toooo many me's." She held onto his hand for a bit until she thought she'd be ok again and let go, taking a turn and frowning when another mirror blocked her way. "Damnit." She turned around and looked for Scott only to find ten of him. "Oh fuck."

Summers: "Which one is you, Rogue?" He started tapping in the mirror images, but none of them were her. "Uh-oh."

rachel: Rachel crept through the fun house, following Scott and Rogue. Telling which ones were the real them wasn't too hard since reflections didn't really have thoughts and all.

FrWagner: Kurt stopped looking at the trick mirrors and followed the voices deeper in. "Oh! Pardon!" he said running into Rogue. "I thought you were over there."

Rogue: "Shit." Rogue laughed again and started walking anyway, stubbing her toe on a wall. "Grr." She turned, startled and hugged Kurt. "You're real!"

FrWagner: "This is the way," Kurt said to her before confidently running into a wall.

Kyle: After rounding a couple corners and going down a couple more hallways, Kyle stared at the 'outside', and then turned around looking to see if anyone else was coming. After some time he got bored and went back in in search for the rest.

Rogue: Rogue screwed up her face and covered her mouth quickly with her hand to try not to laugh. "Or maybe not?" She put her hands out and turned to find Scott reflections again. "Wes... Which is y'all?"

FrWagner: Kurt spun around. That was pretty amazing. He was sure it was the way out. For a moment he wondered about teleporting in here, just to see where he'd end up.

FrWagner: Then again, who knew where he'd end up? He took a cautious step forward into what looked like a dead end. "Oh. It's an open," Kurt said in surprise.

Rogue: Rogue fisted her hand in the back of Father Wagner's shirt and followed him through the opening, hoping Scott would be able to tell which way they went. Rogue squeaked when she felt something furry brush by her, "Kyle? Tell me that's yall..."

rachel: She looked around and shuddered slightly at all the mirrors, trying to keep track of everyone else. Yeah, more than one of her was definitely something the world did not need.

Kyle: Kyle poked Rogue, "I think it's me." Kyle answered.

Rogue: Rogue put her arm around Kyle's neck and gave him a hug while still holding onto Wagner's shirt. "Oh good! Do me a favor? Go find Scott an' make sure he ain't hittin' his head too hard?"

Summers: "I am!" He figured he was in a cul-de-sac and put his hand out, but fell forward. "Oh christ almighty! I'm so lost."

Summers: "Help!"

Rogue: Rogue frowned in pity, but didn't go back, only shooed Kyle forward while she followed Wagner. She screwed her face up at his last pitiful cry and sighed, letting go to try and find her way back to him. "Damn it, Scott, ya so owe me if Ah get lost again... Rae, y'all ok?"

rachel: "Depends on what you consider okay," she replied.

Summers: "Oh hey - I found the spinning tube." He went through it, stumbling only slightly only find himself in a large empty room. "Maybe not..." He went back through and edged around the wall of mirrors.

Rogue: Rogue took a cautious step onto a bridge and looked around her, immediately closing her eyes against the spinning tunnel. "Ah don't think Ah'm in Kansas anymore!" She opened her eyes slowly and tried to walk forward. "How tha fuck did Ah get here..."

Kyle: Suddenly out of nowhere a claw grabbed out on to scott's shouolder. "Found him!"

Summers: He yelped, and spun. "Oh, thank god, it's only you. This place is crazy!"

FrWagner: Switching places, Kurt followed Rogue through the narrow door. "We were never in Kansaaaa....ah. What is this?" The room was spinning. Or he was. No it had to be the room.

Rogue: Rogue sat down in the middle of the bridge and slowly laid down on her back, staring up at the spinning neon vertigo tunnel and clicking her heels. "There's no place like home... There's no place like home..."

FrWagner: Kurt looked around. "So this is what drunken astronauts have?" he asked.

Kyle: "You want to go out or to Rogue?" Kyle asked Scott, "I think Rogue's deeper in the thing."

Rogue: "Oooh Ah would hope so. This would be a trip drunk."

FrWagner: "Would you fall up or down I wonder?"

Summers: "Ok, right through here, is where Rogue should be, Kyle." He went into the spinning tube, and lost is balance, spilling out almost on top of rogue. "Found her."

rachel: Rachel stumbled forward, tripping over Rogue, "Fuck!"

Kyle: Kyle just kept stepeing sideways, keeping up and looking at the display of writhing bodies.

FrWagner: "Okay, yes. This is all of us I am thinking," Kurt said as several people collided with him.

Rogue: Rogue held her hands up to catch Scott and Rachel, grinning, "Fancy meetin' y'all here..." She craned her neck to look at Father Wagner, but had to close her eyes against the vertigo. "This is a lot more fun than that bitch Essex used... But Ah would think... Ya'd fall up."

Rogue: "Or diagonally..."

Summers: "Ugh, please don't mention his name."

rachel: "Yeah, let's not go there."

Rogue: "Sorry hun..." She gave a careful kiss to the top of his head and hugged Rachel around the neck.

FrWagner: "Or... by falling ... you could find the floor for once and all," Kurt said. He knelt down on what seemed to be the ceiling and again wondered where he'd end up if he tried to teleport out.

rachel: "This is really trippy. I think the only way it could be better is if I was high..." Rachel carefully returned the hug.

Summers: "It's all right." He stood up and looked around.

FrWagner: "I'm just assuming you meant 'high on life' and moving on..." Kurt said to Rachel.

Rogue: Rogue stayed flat on her back and slowly put her arms up for help. "Ok, maybe if Ah close mah eyes an' fly blind Ah'd get out... Wouldn't hurt if Ah bumped shit..."

Summers: He took her hand and hauled her up.

rachel: She could always talk to Remy. He had offered. Wagner's words eventually registered as she managed to get up, grabbing Rogue's other hand to help her up too. "Heh, riiight. That's exactly what I meant..."

FrWagner: "You know ... this is exactly like being too drunk..." Kurt said.

Rogue: Rogue closed her eyes as she was pulled up and grabbed the railing of the bridges as soon as her feet were under her. "Ok... Kyle wanna lead? Or are we gonna just have a big ol' orgy in tha vertigo tunnel? 'Cause, think Sam'd be against that..." She turned to Kurt, "Yeah? Cain't get that far gone..."

Kyle: "I thought you guys wanted to be in here." Kyle asked back.

FrWagner: "I will opt out of the orgy respectfully if it does happen," Kurt said.

Summers: "Lead us out - I've had enough."

FrWagner: "Yes. I'm beginning to think I'm in Los Angeles..."

Kyle: "Okay," h said, walking a bit backwards, making sure people were following. He just couldn't see what the big problem was trying to figure this place out. He practically never even touched a wall while walking, and checking behind him, still making sure everyone was there.

rachel: "Yeah, out is good."

Rogue: Rogue put both her hands on Scott's waist as he followed Kyle. She was not getting lost again. And if he got lost, she was not coming after him again... So holding on to him seemed to be the best solution.

FrWagner: "There was once a house like this," Kurt said, "it was in Stuttgart and the circus played there. I would beware of air blowing up from the floor. Especially if you have on a dress."

Rogue: Rogue looked down and was glad she had on pants. She really didn't feel like pulling a Marilyn Monroe today.

Kyle: "Umm, just a couple more turns." Kyle said.

Summers: "That's what I want to hear - who's up for another turn on the coaster?"

Rogue: "Ah am!" She paused, "Once Ah get rid of mah sea-legs..."

rachel: "Oh, me!"

FrWagner: Kurt grinned. He'd been on a roller coaster only once. If the danger room could make it anything like that, he wanted to go.

FrWagner: "Only if I can sit in the front car," he said.

Rogue: "Deal. Ah get back. Goes tha fastest."

Summers: "All right - lead on, Kyle."