Read our full Game transcripts here!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

06/28 Game: So Long, Farewell.

Post by littlebamf »

Dec 17th - End of Term.

Rogue: Rogue sat in front of the fire with her eggnog and a couple of Santa shaped cookies on a Christmas-y plate. She hummed 'Silver Bells' to herself while watching the fire crackle through the large screen.

Amara: Amara wandered into the recroom via the kitchen and a tray of freshly baked brownies. She was wearing a christmas elf outfit that was probably a bit too small for her chest and a bit too short in the skirt area. It looked like it was meant to be that way - and it was. She looked out of the window and smiled at the snow, she was looking forward to going back to her dad's though.

Laura: Laura smoothed her skirt down as she looked around her dorm room, feeling a little sad. She was gonna miss it. Putting a trinket box in the packing crate, she decided she'd done enough and headed out of the door, and caught the smell of gingerbread on the air coming from the rec room.

Laura: Heading down, she poked her head around the door. "Heya, like...not many people around are there?" she gave a wry smile to the couple there.

Andreas: Andreas was lying on the couch, the fire mystically moving patterns over his face mask while he read the book about the Phantom of the Opera. He had figured if he looked the deal for a undefined longer time, he could as well read up on it.

Amara: Amara turned and grinned at Laura, "Not really no... I think a few people went home early... Oh well, more food for us!" She helped herself to some gingerbread.

Laura: "Yeah, it's just a shame, cause I wanted to say goodbye properly..." she made her way over to the table, picking up a cookie and ladeling some eggnogg into a cup, taking a seat on the floor.

Amara: "Oh..." Mara finally cottoned on, "How's the paking going?"

Laura: "Just about finished, but like if I do forget anything I'm sure it'll get sent down okay," she smiled, sipping her drink, hugging one of her knees.

Andreas: Hearing what they were going on about with half an ear, Andreas added: "There's no way in hell I would show up one minute sooner than I must for Christmas with my family. Seeing the maids walk around in 'Mirs. Santa' outfits is outright depressing." the thought alone made him rub his temples.

Laura: "Then...Why go at all?" Laura shrugged. "Why not just bail on them?"

Amara: Amara looked over at Andreas, "Well not everyone has maids to get depressed watching them dress up."

Andreas: "It's a responsibility, I guess...and I have some things to do." He closed the book and put it down. "And believe it or not, Mara, there can be too much of a good thing, especially if it's styleless."

Amara: "Style doesn't matter if the maids are attractive," Amara poured herself some eggnog.

Laura: "Not like they do it all year, sounds like it'd be funny."

Andreas: "Style matters all, believe me." Giving the room a searching look-around, he continued. "Now, wasn't there here a good sherry around somewhere?"

Amara: Amara looked over the other drinks on the table, "There is."

Laura: "My grandma drank that..." Laura chuckled and shook her head, stuffing a bit of cookie in to keep herself quiet.

Amara: Amara couldn't quite hide the smile at Laura's comment.

Andreas: "Pour me a glass, would you be so nice, Amara?" He gave Laura a funny look. "I suppose your grandmother was a German aristocrat then?"

Laura: "Hah! No! She lived in a retirement village just outside'a Miami..."

Amara: Amra raised her eyebrow, "I may be dressed up but I am not your maid. Get it yourself." She flicked her hair over her shoulder and stared resolutely out of the window.

Rogue: Rogue shook her head and rolled her eyes at Andy's comment, taking a sip of her eggnog. She glanced over at the group then back to the fire. "Tessa goin' with ya this year, sugah?"

Andreas: "Awww, but it is so comfortable over here..." He stretched a bit and a few joints cracked. "And Laura, I think that's the difference between your grandmother and me: I only like Sherry on cold winter days, while she is obviously badass enough to drink it in the humid hellfire that is Miami." Then he eyed the Sherry bottle again. A kingdom for telekinesis now.

Andreas: Rogue's voice pulled him out of his thoughts. "Huhß...No, she will be visiting her brother. It's better that way."

Amara: Amara sipped her eggnog and wondered what it would be like to spend her first Christmas in England. Colder probably.

Rogue: "Better that way?" She looked over and arched an eyebrow, "Y'all hit a rough patch?" Rogue took a bite out of a cookie.

Andreas: "Well, a 'patch' of a kind." He knocked against his mask. "It's nothing bad, but I'd rather have her away from my family, they stink."

Laura: "Oh yeah, she was badass enough to be able to get it herself as well..."

Amara: Amara sniggered at Laura's comment and looked round at her, "So where are you spending christmas this year? Back in Miami?"

Rogue: "Cain't be any worse'n y'all." She stuck her tongue out playfully then turned to Laura, "When do y'all leave?"

Laura: "Yeah, as always," she nodded, picking at her cookie. "I invited Kyle over for the break, so he's still comin even though I won't be back afterwards..."

Laura: "Oh, like, not tomorrow, but the early hours of the day after so it kinda will be tomorrow if I don't go to bed first."

Andreas: "Oh my, him with the fur in Miami? Poor sap will sweat himself a new pair of balls." he finally stood up and walked over to the table with the alcohol.

Amara: "I'm spending my first Christmas away from Venice this year. Half hoping my mother stays in Venice...." Amara frowned, "Is that bad?"

Laura: "It's winter, doof. It ain't that hot down there right now."

Rogue: "Nah, Mara, that's not bad really. Where ya goin' then?"

Lorna: Lorna hummed as she made her way towards the recroom, tray of cookies in her hand to go with the rest of the munchies probably already there. "Hey people! What are we doing?"

Amara: "Going to London - I live there now. I moved in the summer with my dad - he had to move for work and I'll be damned if I'm living with my mother."

Andreas: "Not that hot? Good." He poured himself a galss full and took a sip. "Take care of the hairy puppy, will you?" He didn't like it, but always since the infamous Essex-episode, he felt kind of responsible for dog-boy.

Rogue: "Hey Lorna!" Rogue grinned at her, "Oooh more sweets." She finished off the cookie she was working on and took a sip of her eggnog. "Oh yeah, Amara, that's right. Ah'd f'gotten y'all moved over there."

Laura: "Y'know...You'd be better off taking care of yourself. Like, stop talking about Kyle like that before I take your face off, you wannabe Phantom..."

Lorna: Oh, she had come in during threat times...Lorna had a hard time holding in the laugh that wanted to come out at wannabe Phantom. That just wouldn't be nice to laugh at that.

Amara: Amara smiled at Rogue, "Yeah, I'd forget myself if I didn't have the plane tickets already - I'm not quite used to it yet."

Lorna: "She'll do it too."

Andreas: "Cheers to you too, kitten." He downed the rest of the glass and refilled it again, then taking the bottle with him on the couch.

Laura: "Did you just call me...kitten? I'm a wolver-fuckin-ine!" she growled a little.

Rogue: "How're y'all doin' Christmas this year, Lorna? F' some reason Ah ain't asked Bobby that yet..." She laughed a bit and rolled her eyes at Andy and Laura.

Amara: Amara giggled at Laura, "Calm down, we know you'd kick his ass."

Laura: "Nobody calls me kitten, bub."

Andreas: "No, you are a little girl who wants to join a public dancing school, which you can't if you gut me. So please don#t mind if I#m not intimidated." Another sip burned strong in his throat. "Mmmm, good stuff."

Laura: She raised an eyebrow. "Public? Private, actually. You think just cause my family aren't rich brats I can't go to a top place?"

Lorna: "Kick his ass!" Lorna snorted and sat down, taking one of her cookies. "Well, not quite sure yet. We still need to work the plans out but I think I'll be in Reno for most of it." Lorna rolled her eyes at Andreas's retort. "Never know, they might just put her in charge of stage combat."

Andreas: "Yes, I think that, bubby." He gave her a bright and shiny smile with that.

Lorna: Lorna looked over to Laura. "You know, it's times like this where I wish Xavier didn't just let in anyone."

Laura: Laura made a scoffing noise at that. "Like, you so intimidate me with your whole snob act..." she dug in he pocket. "Here's a quarter, go buy a friend outta the vending machine."

Amara: Amara's mout twitch in another hastily covered up smile, this time for Lorna's comment.

Rogue: Rogue laughed at Laura's reply and picked up her last cookie.

Andreas: "Like, thank you." He took the quarter. "I'm fresh out of change, and most people can't change the big bills." He snipped it up where the coin flared in the air until it reached its zenit, when it finally fell back into his hand.

Amara: Amara managed to restrain herself from her desire to melt the coin and watch it burn Andreas. He probably deserved it but she didn't want to incur his wrath before Christmas - it wasn't worth the hassal.

Laura: "Like that's comeback of the year..." she shook her head. "So you buy your way in places. Big wow. Try working your ass off to get a scholarship and not having your Daddy pay it all."

Lorna: "But then he'd have to get a whole new schtick. Whatever would he do?"

Laura: "Learn the words to Music of the Night?" she snickered to Lorna.

Lorna: Lorna couldn't resist the temptation to start humming the song at the mention.

Andreas: "Buy a new one, I'd assume." Then he gave Laura a content little half-smile. "I happen to have a Porsche I've completely restored myself, I have amassed quite a lot of trophies in fencing tournaments, I do, surprisingly enough, speak German and the English, which you use so virtuously to try and intimidate me." Then he leaned back and took another sip. "Having money doesn't mean you can't achieve things without it, it just means it’s harder to motivate yourself, kiddo."

Laura: "You also have a redwood up your ass. So what if you've done that, no one likes you cause you're a snobby dick to people without giving anyone a chance. If you want people to like you and be impressed with what you do like...cool it."

Lorna: Lorna tilted her head at Laura mid hum and grinned. "God I'm going to miss you."

Laura: Grinning, she turned to Lorna. "I'm gonna miss you too!"

Rogue: "Ah like Andy fine. Ya just gotta learn ta ignore his snid comments an' he's pretty decent." She grinned, "Ya just cain't let him get a rise outta ya."

Amara: "I agree, Laura." Amara smiled at her, "I come from a wealthy family and I don't go rubbing it in everyone's noses at every given opportunity. Never did me any harm."

Andreas: "Don't spoil my fun, Rogue. I want to see if I can make her explode..." He toasted towards Laura.

Laura: "Who said he's getting a rise?" Laura looked at Rogue, snorting. "I just don't think it's impressive to have that sorta attitude in life."

Rogue: "Ya were threatenin' ta rip his face off. Ta him, that's a rise."

Laura: "If it really was a rise, I'd have done it....Feral bloodlust thing?" she sighed.

Lorna: "Yeah, if he actually had a rise out of her I'm pretty sure we'd all be enjoying a kebaub right about now. This is just fun." Lorna was fairly sure Rogue commenting on this would fall under pot-kettle-black rules but it was still funny.

Rogue: "Still, ta him, any reaction besides semi-ignorin' is a rise. Ain't sayin' it is ta y'all. Just sayin' it is ta him."

Laura: "Exactly," she glugged the rest of her nog. "Seeing as I'm leaving it's just a chance to say whatever."

Andreas: "You know, you should try to learn and control this 'feral bloodlust thing'. Can't imagine people will like it when during Swan Lake suddenly limbs fly around because you tripped."

Lorna: "Oh yes, because Laura's the person most easily led to violence in this room?"

Amara: "I think a few of us would give her a run for her money," Amara said suddenly, she smiled, "I have a very short fused since I manefested."

Laura: "Oh yeah, cause I'm likely to lose my temper onstage....It's called acting." She shook her head. "I can't control the feral rage. It's the point of it being a feral rage."

Andreas: "It's not like I have the face fetish..." He rubbed his chin for a thoughtful second, brushing the mask. "Mind you, maybe I do!"

Laura: "Like I'd really wanna offer to rip your ass off. I don't know what's been there..."

Amara: Amara laughed and went to get more eggnog.

Andreas: "Toilett paper, mostly."

Lorna: "Because nobody else wishes to tread in that dangerous place. So retentive it's like quicksand."

Andreas: "As if of the two of us I would be the one more likely to use a kitty toilet."

Lorna: "I'm pretty sure everyone here uses the proper toilet and Friday has the litterbox." Well this was just getting boring if they were already back on cat and toilet jokes.

Laura: "You need another quarter to buy a new line?"

Amara: Amara munched on some more gingerbread and stared out of the window. She wondered if it had snowed in England.

Andreas: "Sure, get them comming."

Rogue: Rogue set her eyes back to the fire, watching it as it burned away bits of the logs as she finished her cookie.

Lorna: "I'm pretty sure that his lines will only be cheaper than the quarter."

Laura: "He can buy in bulk then."

Andreas: "I could, that's true."

Neena: Neena rounded the corner into the rec room, munching on an apple. "Hey everybody. How's it?"

Lorna: "Hey there Neena," Lorna looked up over her seat to see who had come in. "Pretty good, we've got foodstuffs and enjoying picking on people."

Laura: "Yeah! Join in! It totally beats packing!"

Rogue: "Hey Neenerz!" Rogue pulled her eyes from the fire to give her roommate a grin. "Enjoyin' tha fire. How're y'all doin'?"

Neena: "I am enjoying this awesome apple," Neena joked.

Neena: "I'm sick of packing, thought I'd come down and see what you all were up to."

Cessily: Cessily hurried down the hallway to the recroom, arranging her hair while she walked. The others had most likely already started with the Christmas party, and she definitely didn't want to be any more late. When she spotted Neena walking ahead of her, she sped up and caught up with her, almost bounding into the room. "Hey everybody!" She smiled cheerfully and waved.

Amara: "Hey!" Amara smiled hapily at Cess and waved her gingerbread at her, "Looking forward to the holiday?"

Laura: Bouncing up to get more food, Laura waved at Cess, her mouth full, then resumed her seat next to Lorna.

Cessily: "Oh my, sorry that I'm late," she gave them a sheepish smile and looked around the room. "I came as soon as I could, but I was on the phone with my Nana until now."

Rogue: "Hey Cess!" Rogue grinned, this was more of a party. Too little people and it was a gathering, too many and it was a mob.

Lorna: "Yeah, packing's no fun, hey Cess!" Lorna smiled and waved back, stealing a gingerbread man off of one of the plates. "Mmm, tasty little man. I shall bite your head off first."

Rogue: Rogue laughed at Lorna's comment, "Don't let Ty hear ya say that, he might think it's him ya talkin' 'bout!"

Neena: "How humane of you, Lorna," Neena grinned. "End his misery quickly."

Cessily: "Oh, totally!" Cessily grinned at Mara. "Japh and I will head home to visit my family for a couple of days, before we're coming back for New Year's Eve."

Laura: "You should ask him if he knows the Muffin Man first..."

Lorna: "Don't worry, not raiding the lego mansion." Lorna happily nibbled. "He led a good gingerbread man life and he wouldn't tell me the sordid details between him and the Muffin Man unfortunately."

Neena: "Such a shame. It would have made a great novel," Neena took a bite of her apple.

Cessily: Her smile dropped slightly when she looked over to Laura. Cessily took a breath and headed over to her, trying to not wear the sadness too visibly on her face. "Hey, Laura." She tried a lopsided smile. "So, I've heard the news."

Laura: "Yeah..." she shrugged a little, grinning at Cess. "Don't be upset - I've been thinkin about it for a while but I didn't wanna say anything til I was actually gonna go for it. I have such a good chance of getting a place, a scholarship...And, I wanna be a performer. Here isn't a stage school."

Cessily: "Oh, no, I'm not upset," Cessily assured her with a little bigger smile. "I'm so happy that you'll be able to take this chance. That's fantastic. I know how much dancing means to you. You're really lucky." She paused, taking another unnecessary breath. "So, I'm absolutely happy for you. It's just... I'm s going to miss you."

Cessily: Cessily just had to spontaneously hug Laura at that moment.

Laura: "I'll totally miss you too! But I'll keep in touch, y'know. I'm not gonna forget you guys!" she giggled, hugging Cess back.

Cessily: "Oh, definitely. Hey, we're a pretty unforgettable bunch, aren't we?" Cessily nodded eagerly at her friend, still smiling, even though she had to hold back some tears. "We can talk on the phone as often as we like, and there's the Internet, too. And we'll definitely have to visit each other during the semester breaks."

Amara: Amara went back to staring out of the window, trying to ignore the pull of the open fire.

Laura: "Of course! And I'll totally be back for your wedding and everything!" Laura propped her head against Lorna for a second then sat up. "Like, it's a promise. I won't forget here."

Neena: "Good, because we all expect box seats to your performances," Neena smiled at Laura, happy for her new friend but still saddened that she had to leave so soon after they met.

Cessily: Cessily giggled at Neena's words. "Oh yes, we so have to see you perform one day. I mean, on a huge stage and all."

Laura: "Oh, don't worry, I'll get you all in! Best seats in the house!"

Lorna: "Oooh, yes. We're so coming over to see performances when we can." Lorna grinned at the wedding mention.

Cessily: "Awesome!" Her smile turned to a grin. She was still sad about Laura leaving for another school. With Kitty, this was the second of her real good friends who she has had since coming to Xavier's who was now leaving. "I wish you luck and lots of friends at the new school. Even though you're too good to need any luck, and too nice to have any troubles finding new friends."

Laura: Laura blushed. "Well, I hope so anyway! Like...I do feel weird about leaving, but - I'd have done this anyway and it's a good time to move on and everything..."

Neena: "Right when I get here," Neena mock lamented. "Such a shame."

Laura: Poking her tongue out at Neena, she popped a silver ball off her cookie in her mouth. "Nothing personal!"

Neena: Neena laughed. "It's ok. You promised tickets, so I forgive you," she teased, getting up to toss her apple into the nearest trash bin.

Cessily: "And you still got a lot of friends left here," Cessily added with a smile to Neena.

Neena: "Yes, lots," she sat back down and reached for a cookie. "So who'll be here for New Years?"

Rogue: "Ah will be. An' Ah'm thinkin' 'bout throwin' a party if enough people are here."

Laura: "I'm going, so like, obvs not me - but we should so go out like....now. Have a early new years!"

Lorna: "I'll be away but feel free to celebrate my bit since I'll be behind in the year welcoming."

Cessily: "Japh and I will be back for New Years. We'd help you with that party." She grinned at Laura. "That sounds like an excellent plan."

Neena: "Yeah, Rogue, party's on. I just convinced my ma to let me come back for New Year's."

Rogue: "Awesome." Rogue grinned. "Too bad Sam won't be back though. No kissin' at midnight f' me."

Cessily: "Who said he has to be there for you to get kisses," Cessily asked with a smirk, winking at Rogue.

Neena: Neena leaned against her roommate. "Aw, it's ok. It'll give you an excue to do something really cheesy."

Neena: "Or you can go with Cessy's idea," she added with a laugh.
Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Y'all're nuts. Rather just drink an' dance an' call him at midnight."

Laura: "This is nuts? Really? Then like...what the hell school have I been at for the past almost three years?"

Neena: "Yeah, this has been pretty tame, from what I've seen so far," Neena reached for a cookie.

Lorna: "Yeah, sounds pretty tame to me...and when I'm saying something's tame it's tame."

Laura: "Word!"

Rogue: Rogue rolled her eyes and took a drink of her eggnog.

Amara: Amara gave up trying to ignore the allure of the fire and crossed the room to sit down on the floor in front of it,

Cessily: Cessily laughed and headed over to the food table, helping herself to some eggnog. "Ah, I think we'll be able to get all tameness out of our New Year's party." She turned around and noticed Amara sitting all by herself.

Laura: "Well like, if no one is gonna be that fun then you might as well make the most of it tonight," Laura elbowed Cess.

Cessily: Stepping over, she sat down next to her. "Hey. So, have any plans for the winter break?"

Cessily: She giggled and put on a thoughtful face for a moment. "Why yes, I just might do that."

Amara: Amara looked at her, "Um... not really. First Christmas in London though. I'm hoping it's just me and my dad."

Cessily: "Oh, Christmas in London sounds great. It must be nice to see the city all decorated for the holidays."

Amara: "Yeah..." Amara turned back to watch the fire, "So you're coming back here for new years?" she tilted her head to one side, "How come?"

Rogue: Rogue pulled her feet up to rest on the brick beside her, turning her eyes back to the fire.

Cessily: "Yeah, I will. Well, why not?" Cessily shrugged. "I'll spent Christmas with my family and Japh. That's the much more personal holiday. But New Years, I want to be with all my friends. It's much more fun that way. And my family will understand that."

Neena: "At least your family did. I had to beg my mom for hours. I felt like Cicero pleading a case."

Laura: "Oh yeah, like, that's totally understandable," Laura nodded, nibbling away still. "Sounds like you'll have a great time!"

Amara: Amara sighed, "Yeah I guess...."
Amara: "Fire's distracting me... sorry..." she added as an afterthought.

Cessily: "Aww, but at least they let you go, so, yay party!" Cessily grinned at Nenna before glancing back at Amara. "Ah, yeah, I was just gonna say. You look distracted." Then, she added a little quieter: "Is there anything wrong?"

Amara: Amara shook her head, still watching the flames, "No not really..."

Cessily: "Oh, alright." Cessily gave her a small smile and a nudge into the side. "Just wanted to make sure you're enjoying yourself."

Amara: Amara smiled at her, "I'm fine... just distracted by the fire. It's really tempting, you know."

Lorna: Lorna finished her gingerbread man with a florish and sat up a bit. "So, what's everyone's plans for the day? I know I'm putting off packing as long as I can."

Laura: "So, wanna come ou?" she poked Lorna. "We need those mai tai's like you said."

Lorna: "Mai tais! Yes!" Lorna clapped and laughed. "I only hope that Professor Forge isn't at the sprinkler system again."

Laura: "In the snow? Like only if he's drunk..."

Neena: "I'm about to get really hippy dippy Cali-girl and ask what's a mai tai?"

Laura: "Cocktail, my fave other than an adios motherfucker..."

Cessily: "Yeah, I sill need to do some packing, as well. But that can wait. There's enough time for that." Cessily looked up at Laura and nodded, grinning at her. "Spending time with my friends is that much more important now. I'll join you."

Lorna: "If?" Lorna snorted. "Nice little cocktail. They hold fond memories."

Laura: "Zombies are pretty good too, and the Cocksucky that JP showed me."

Cessily: She looked over to Amara. "You wanna come with us all?"

Neena: "Gotcha," Neena replied. "Wish I could come, but I don't think it'd be really smart if I got caught with my fake ID."

Laura: "Oh. They never catch us. Think one of the 'paths permenantly effected the doormens minds..."

Rogue: "Ah'll come." Rogue grinned, "Could use gettin' out."

Amara: Amara looked up, "Er... sure..." she got to her feet, "Should probably put on a few more clothes first..." she grinned and looked down at her skimpy outfit, "I don't get cold but even I don't want that much attention."

Lorna: "Yeah, never had any trouble slipping in. So, where to? Vito's?"

Neena: "In that case, count me in," Neena dusted her jeans. "I could go for an apple martini anyway."

Laura: "We should so get way dressed up for this!"

Laura: "And they looove us at Vitos! Think we can still get free drinks?" she turned to Lorna.

Lorna: "I bet we could wrangle a few out of them." Lorna winked as she stood up. "Especially if we came in our costumes again."

Rogue: "Right, so dressed ta tha nines an' meet in tha front hall in twenty minutes?" Rogue stood up and went to toss her trash.

Laura: "Oh, great idea! I think I haven't packed any of my clothes properly so it should still be out...Yeah. like if it's a number nine! Lets do costumes!"

Cessily: Cessily laughed and waggled her eyebrows at 'Mara. "Oh, I wouldn't have minded that. Depends all on who you're getting the attention from, isn't it?" She smiled at the others. "Yes, Vito's sounds like an excellent idea. Sure, let's all put on something nice then."

Neena: Neena rose. "I'd better get started, then. Rogue, can I borrow some cover up again?"

Rogue: "Costumes? Like Halloween? Ah guess Ah could break out mah Dollface costume."

Amara: Amara grinned back at Cess, "I'll keep the costume then - but I'll grab a coat so I don't get any unwanted attention."

Rogue: "'Course ya can! Hell, if ya need it, take it with ya when ya go, Ah won't be usin' it over tha break."

Lorna: "Costumes!" Lorna jumped happily. "Everything's better with a tophat." Lorna grinned rather widely and hurried out to get ready.

Laura: "Ugh, costumes aren't just for Halloween, that's boring!" Laura rolled her eyes and skipped up. "They're for any time!"

Neena: "Thanks mucho. Does this mean I need to break out my beach bunny costume?"

Cessily: "Ooh, I want to wear a top hat sometime, too. I think they look fantastic on girls." She stood up and grinned at the others, then leaned over to Amara and gave her a peck on the cheek. "Awesome! I'll head up to my room and try to find something fitting."

Laura: "If you can't you can borrow off me!" Laura offered after her and tugged Lorna up. "Shall we get going and get groovy looking?"

Lorna: "Oh we're always groovy." Lorna waggled an eyebrow. "But yes, let's shall."

Neena: "I'll need five extra minutes, girls," Neena headed for the door. "I'll meet you all down in front."

Laura: "Take your time! We'll be ages!"