Read our full Game transcripts here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

6/21 Game: Winter Fest

Post by Slarti »

Timelined Dec. 10. Also.... Paws? If this is really the 100th game, we may want to note. ;)

Cessily: Cessily was incredibly excited. And it showed. She shifted her weight from one leg to the other, while nervously fidgeting with her fingers and loose strands of hair. Hopefully, everything still was as she had prepared it all night before, and that the pictures were still in their place and in good condition. What if the prints had gotten wet? Or had fallen down? What if the ink had run?

Raya: Raya chuckled at Cessily's fidgeting, shaking her head slowly.

Summers: Scott patted the horse's neck, making sure the blanket around her was secure. He left her in the hands of his brother and went back to the group, grinning. "Chris and Mom say everything's set - so who needs help?" He grinned and clapped his mittened hands together.

Cessily: She bit her lip, all the bad things that could have happened lining up in her mind to form a terrifying mental image of immense failure. Her grandparents had come over to visit the festival. And even the rest of her family had promised to come down all the way from Maine. Cessily had prepared this exhibition of her pictures especially with them in mind.

Raya: "You look like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, Cess. Are you that excited?" She shifted the box of clinking tableware onto her hip and studied the girl's expression change. "I'm sure it'll be great, Cess."

Cessily: The pictures she had picked showed the school, its estate and surroundings, and the students who lived there. Cessily had meant them to give others a look into the life of the mutants at Xavier's. An impression of mutancy, so to speak. She wanted her family to get an idea of how their life was now. But in particular, she wanted them to be proud of her.

Laura: Laura practised a last few steps, muttering the words for the timing, and stopped, only to start twitching slightly. Her Mom was here...Like...Here!!!

Cessily: Cessily smiled weakly at Raya. "Oh yes, I'm terribly nervous. I hope that everything is fine with the pictures I picked for the exhibition. What if people don't like them?" She frowned. "What if people think that I'm not really good at photography?"

Meggan: Meggan shuffled around her table checking things were all neat and piled tidily. It didn't help that Sian kept pinching cakes and syphoning them to Mark under the table. Meggan shot them a reproachful look as she reorganised her fruit cake yet again.

Alex: Alex was standing in a corner, a santa cap on his head and nervously sipping on a plastic cup of punch. His eyes wandered hastily through the room, eager to find his father so that he could avoid him.

Summers: "Looks good, Cess." He grinned at the girl. "You sure have a good eye. Mom told me she had her eye on one of me diving..."

Lorna: Lorna was torn between practicing and greeting the people that were floating around while things were still being set up. Everything was just too distracting but she caught sight of Laura and made her way over. "Hey hey, ready for some razzle dazzle?"

rachel: Rachel chewed on her lip as she looked around, stuffing her hands in her pockets and slightly wishing she'd been smart enough to actually wear something with long sleeves. Oh well. Didn't really matter. "You're really good, Cess. Don't worry about it," she gave her a grin.

Alex: He had been appaled to hear that Johann was here, not only in the USA, but in the area, and had already come for a visit once. Up until now he had been able to excuse himself with work, but today...

Cessily: "Really?" Cessily beamed at Scott. "Oh, that's great. I'm happy she liked it. You know, I planned on giving out free copies for the family and friends of the students. So, she can have that one if she wants it."

Laura: "Oh totally! I like, just left my Mom to have a look around! It's so awesome she came up for this!"

Raya: "Don't worry, everyone will like them. They show a lovely portrait of us all." She nodded her head towards Scott when he mentioned his mother wanting one. "See, already someone wants to buy them. You'll be a hit." Carefully she shifted again to squeeze Cessily's hand before she moved to her own table.

Summers: "I'll let her know. She'll be thrilled. Thanks, Cess."

Cessily: Cessily smiled kindly at Raya and Rae. "Thank you," she whispered softly to them. "That helps me."

Meggan: Meggan left her parents to man the stall and went to look for Alex. She spied him in a corner and went over to him, "Hey!"

Lorna: "Ah, awesome!" Lorna flashed a grin at that and fought the desire to adjust her costume. Fidgeting wasn't good, the last thing they needed was a wardrobe malfunction.

Alex: "Gah!" He nearly dropped the cup but managed to juggle it back between his grabbing fingers. "Me-...Meggie! Don't surprise me like that!"

Cessily: "You know, ,I've never shown my pictures to that many people," Cessily said, pacing around a little. She really had to force herself to be calmer. "In fact, it's the first time that I've tried to present something in a professional-like manner." She paused and frowned. "But, well, Mr. Brock said that it's good, so everything should be fine, right?"

rachel: "Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm kinda freaking out, too. Considered...possibly singing..." she looked around again, eyeing the people. Or maybe not. There were just a lot of people. Though, she supposed most were family of people at the school, so that wasn't too bad, "Haven't really decided yet. And yeah, everything'll be fine." I hope...

Cessily: "But what if he was just being polite?" Cessily paced some more. "Oh my, I wish I could have a drink now."

Meggan: Meggan giggled, "Sorry!" She gave him a kiss on the cheek by way of an apology, "Why are you hiding all the way over here? Sian wants to feed you cake... though it's probably better that she can't, she's demolishing my stall."

Raya: Raya went about setting things up at her place, grouping the things into hat she hoped weren't static arrangements. She was good at makign the stuff, not necessarily presenting it. At least, most of it. She'd tried to do something for the major winter holidays she knew of...still wasn't entirely sure how that had worked out. "Right. Professor Brock know's what he's about."

Alex: "She is?" Pictures of Meg's mom walking through tiny stalls and smashing them while breathing fire came up in his mind for a second. Anyway...

Alex: "I am...you know...kind of hiding."

Cessily: "Yes, of course he does." Cessily nodded to reassure herself. Then, she looked at Rachel and Raya. "You're going to sing? Hey, mind if I take photos of that?" She turned to Raya. "Can I help you with something? Waiting is killing me, you know."

Meggan: Meggan frowned, "Hiding? Why?"

rachel: "If I decide to, sure," she shrugged. "There's just...a lot of people...and yeah..."

Alex: "Uhmm...well..." Hadn't she heard? He could have sworn Rachel would have told her. "I heard my father is around on a visit..."

Cessily: "Oh, I know, a lot of people showed up." Cessily ran a hand through her hair. "My grandparents should arrive any minute. They phoned me earlier. And my family said they'd come down, too. Oh my, this is all so exciting."

Raya: "Sure. I'm terrible with arranging these things." Raya made a face, half apologetic and half nervous excitement, like Cess. "If you want to do anything with these, be my guest." She laughed lightly at Cess' obvious nerves, trying and mostly failing to mask her own.

Meggan: Meggan still didn't get it, "So why are you hiding? You don't have anything to be scared of."

Cessily: "I hope I don't drop anything with my nervous hands," Cessily told Raya with a lopsided smile. "Oh, that reminds me, I should also take pictures of the festival itself. After all, this is turning out to be a pretty big event."

Lorna: Lorna straightened herself up and twirled her cane. "So, shall we go nose around and see what everyone else has been up to? There's horses."

Alex: He sighed heavily. "I'd rather not meet him. We aren't on the best of terms. With the whole orphanage business and all." Not to mention the experiments on his unborn child. "He's been trying to make amends for a while now, with letters and such, but...I'd rather avoid the awkwardness."

Laura: Her nose twitched as she smelt the horses around before Lorna even mentioned them. "I'm like...weird around horses. They seem a lil jittery around me, but we can try all the same!"

Cessily: "But these look really neat," she told Raya with a smile as she set up some of the artfully crafted pieces of pottery. "You have much talent."

Lorna: "Oh yeah...Scott might get a bit crabby if we startle them too much. Should be fine though." Lorna shrugged and started drifting off in that direction.

Meggan: Meggan frowned again, "But why don't you want to see him? At least he wants to talk to you." She stopped, "Nevermind... If he's here I'll look after you." She managed a smile.

rachel: "Yeah, everything looks awesome," she shot Raya and Cess a grin.

Summers: He looked around and helped himself to the hot chocolate at the food stand, smiling at his sister-in-law with a sleepy Bee. He walked around the lop-sided loop of booths.

Laura: "Scott is crabby. Period!" Laura laughed and followed after Lorna. "But yeah, like, lets just find something safe!"

Alex: "Oh, my big strong protector!" He folded his hands and made his best lady in distress impersonation. What was it that made him forget his worries around her?

Meggan: Meggan giggled and hugged him tightly, "Love you!" she laughed, "Now, come and have some cake. It'll make you feel better, I promise."

Raya: "I'm afraid I don't have much knowledge to work with about the holidays. So, generic winter themes are pretty much it." Raya flicked her hijab back once more as she paced. "I hope this goes over well."

Lorna: "Safe is good. We shouldn't destroy the festival until after the guests have left." Lorna laughed and shook her head. "So safe is always good."

Alex: "What cake?" He let himself be dragged along.

Cessily: "Thanks!" Cessily looking up at Rachel with a shaky grin. She then looked at Raya. "You know, as much as I'm worrying at the moment, I think it'll work well in the end. All that I've seen looks really fantastic so far. People have been so creative."

Laura: "Aww! I don't wanna destroy anything!" she pouted. "It's all so pretty!" her eyes were huge and slightly glazed as if he had had too much sugar.

Meggan: "All kinds of cake - Sian helped me so I didn't ruin any." She grinned, "But don't give any fruit cake to dylan - apart from the fact some of it is alcoholic there is the problem of currents."

Cessily: "Besides, I always tell myself that we're no professionals, so no one expects us to be perfect. Especially not our family and friends." She smirked. "Though, I'd totally freak out if someone showed up who wanted to print my pictures. Like, in a magazine."

Bobby: Finally finished, Bobby wandered out from the inside of his ice castle with a yawn. He still had some time to kill, so he might as well see what everyone else was up to.

Lorna: "Yeah, everything looks really great." Lorna grinned, not quite as sugar glazed as Laura. "It's good that it turned out so well too, maybe it'll help with things."

Cessily: "Hey, Bobby!" Cessily looked up and waved at him when she saw him come over. She nodded with a grin at the castle behind him. "That's pretty impressive." She really had to take pictures of that later.

rachel: "It'll all be fine. You two just worry too much," Rachel rolled her eyes, leaning against a table but being careful not to disturb anything on it.

Alex: "Okay, I promise." Drunken baby sounds kind of funny, though... "Is there cherry too? I know it's not that seasonal, but I have kind of a fancy right now." He made sure she didnt look and glanced over his shoulder. No Johann. Goooood.

Warlock: Warlock idly poked some of the button on the controls to the lighting and sound systems, making some of the stage lights move around.

Meggan: Meggan smiled, "There's cherry pie..."

Raya: "Hey Bobby." Raya waved to him, tilting her head in a short kind-of nod. "Your ice castle looks good. Again." She smiled, sighing, her breath rising like a puff of cloud in the cold air. "I'm glad it stopped snowing, but it makes the grounds look beautiful."

Alex: "Great!" He got dragged past a group of the girls and waved at Rachel. "Rae! Cake!"

Bobby: "Hey hey. Thanks!" Bobby glanced back at the castle, then turned to look at Cess' photos. "These are way cool. Too bad you don't have one of Chuck dozing though." He wandered to another, cocking his head. "Or, y'know, our billboard. That might not be so good for relations."

Bobby: He grinned at Raya. "Thanks. Snow's not my fault today."

Warlock: He was bored, he wasn't to sure on this whole 'festival' thing ... maybe he could leave all the lighting and stuff to Ju and go back to the library, the sight of all the other student's families stirred something painful in his chest ...

rachel: "Hey, Bobby," she smiled, trying not to think about the smurfs. And, good thing there was Alex, "What kind of cake?"

Alex: He stopped, nearly getting his arm ripped of by the still proceeding girlfriend. "The best kind: all!"

Cessily: Cessily gave Bobby a grin, tilting her head a little. "Oh, just because I didn't put them up with the rest, it doesn't mean that I don't have them. But I thought that this would be more suited to a select audience, you know?"

Laura: Spotting Bobby, Laura tuugged Lorna's arm and turned, heading over to him, with a playful jab at the ribs. "Hey, like, when did you show up!?" she beamed, hopping back and forth from one foot to the other.

Cessily: "And thank you, I'm happy you like them." She smiled.

Meggan: "Assuming the parents haven't eaten it all already!" Meggan added, realising why they'd stopped.

Warlock: On the other hand ... he should try and be more sociable according to DoctorDaiGuan ... so he stood up and went to see what the others were doing.

Bobby: "Saaay, I'll have to check that out later then." He mock-jumped at the poke. "I've been here..." Bobby was trying to get a good look at Rachel's hair. Yup. Smurf.

Lorna: Lorna staggered after Laura as he was tugged on, seeing the reason for the tugging. "Hey! All of the castles in order then? I'm beginning to think maybe Laura and I should have chosen warmer costumes."

rachel: "Yeah, that's very specific, Alex," she poked her tongue out.

Cessily: "Besides, that was some nice work there with the billboard," Cessily said with a smirk. "Some wonderful art there. And yep, I preserved it for future generations."

Raya: "What kind of people do you think are going to come to this, you think?" Raya was inwardly a little worried there would be too amyn people who didn't like them; at the same time, it wasn't something anyone had to come to... "I hope there won't be any trouble."

Meggan: "He means it," Meggan told Rae, "Went on a bit of a baking spree with Sian." She grinned.

Bobby: "Naaaah. The cold has its charms, right?" Bobby quirked a brow at Lorna and tried to not let his eyes wander. Much.

Laura: "Yeah, but like not here here, you've been stuck in that little fort all morning!" she snickered. "You get locked up in the tower?"

rachel: Rachel raised an eyebrow, "So, there's chocolate?"

Alex: He countered with a tongue of his own. Which in he case of a megamorph meant huge wiggling split snake tongue. "I winsssss!"

Meggan: "Of course there's chocolate!" Meggan replied matter-of-fact-ly. "There's loads, come one." She gestured Rae to follow them over to the table and continued her tugging of Alex.

Bobby: "Oh, awesome, Cess. Thanks." He still wasn't sure if he should be ashamed or proud of his crime spree. "Yes, Spunky, I locked myself in. Sadly, I don't have hair long enough to pull a Rapunzel, so I let myself back out."

Summers: "Well, so far, it's family and friends here now. We'll probably get carolers or something dropping by," he answered Raya. "The locals, too."

Laura: "Oh you could just like make a little stepladder outta the window!"

Lorna: "Yeah, charms." Lorna gave Bobby a smirk. "Aww, no ice slide experimentations? I'm pretty sure that completely owns hair and ladders."

Alex: "Help me, I'm kidnapped to be tortured with cake!" He imitated a struggling victim.

Cessily: "I hope there are going to be some nice people," Cessily said with a slight nod. "But it's nice that we're going to meet everyones family, too"

Raya: "Carolers?" While she had seen them in movies and television clips, the idea of wandering in the cold and singing was strange for her. "Well, at least people will know what they've gotten into."

rachel: Rachel cringed slightly at spunky, eying Bobby for a moment, and decided it was better to follow Alex and Meg. "So, do I get some? For free?"

Bobby: "No, the ice slides come later when the kiddies get here." Bobby'g grin turned slightly evil.

Meggan: Meggan giggled and waved at Sian and Mark as she approached dragging her very willing victim, "Look I brought customers!"

Alex: "Don't come Rachel! The cake is a lie!"

Meggan: Meggan glanced at Rae and considered for a moment, "Ok!" she replied, "Just don't tell anyone else." She grinned.

Cessily: "Oh, I like carolers," Cessily tossed in with a laugh. "We had some pretty good ones back in my hometown. That's always been a part of Christmas to me."

Lorna: "Oooh," Lorna's shifted to evil as well. "Now that sounds like it could be fun. They should like it too so everyone wins."

Raya: "Can't say I've ever been around carolers. All the pretty snow turns to slush and ick back home, so it's not ideal to be walking about in." Raya said casually, sitting on the edge of her table and swinging her feet.

Bobby: "Yup, though I might have to borrow Spunkette over there and her teke to make sure none of them have a screaming faceplant." He turned the evil grin on Rachel.

rachel: "Sweet," she grinned, taking a slice and adding a thanks. "Cake can't be a lie. It's just not possible..."

Summers: "Well, Ororo'll probably refresh it at sometime."

Cessily: Cessily noticed Warlock walking around the different stands, so she waved over at him. "Hey, 'Lock! Come on over, if you like to." She turned to Raya. "Aww, that's sad. I love snow. We always get a lot up where I come from."

Lorna: "Spunkette...I don't think you should call your assistant that when the kiddie's parents can hear you." Lorna glanced to Rachel as well, not able to get the Smurfs out of her mind. "Probably a good idea."

rachel: Rachel stuck her tongue out at Bobby before taking a small bite. "Y'know...you ruined my memory of the Smurfs..."

Alex: "Oh well, if you insist." He let his shoulders drop theatrically. "Where's the cherry?"

Laura: "Like anyone had good memories of those creepy things!" Laura shuddered.

Lorna: "Most childhood cartoons are creepy now. It's one of the magical things about growing up."

rachel: "Heh, you're short and creepy enough to be one, Laura," she smirked.

Meggan: Meggan cut a slice of cherry pie for Alex, "If you want there's some hot custard under the table... it was supposed to be on top but we ran out of space..."

Warlock: Warlock ambled over to Cessily, "Hello, have you seen selffriendSelene anywhere?"

Bobby: "You're welcome!" He beamed at Rae, then reached over to tug Lorna's hat down, feeling annoying today.

Lorna: "Gah!" Lorna tugged the hat off and made an effort to smooth down her hair, hitting Bobby lightly on the head with the hat.

Cessily: "Oh, no, I haven't, sorry." Cessily gave Warlock a smile. "Did you look for her in the library. She's probably hanging out there. We should drag her out of there for the festival."

Alex: "Oooooh, custard!" He bit off half of that slice in one bite and happily munched away. " 'ou aa te besht!"

Bobby: Bobby 'assisted' her hairstyling, ducking the hat beating.

Warlock: "Oh ... self thought she'd be helping ... self will go and find her in that case and see if self can lure her out in that case." He gave Cess a small smile and walked off in the direction of the main building.

Raya: "Hello 'Lock." Raya nodded and smiled to him too, having wondered herself where Selene had squirreled away to. She laughed at Lorna and Bobby and Rae all together, with the hat.

Meggan: Meggan giggled again, "Don't talk with your mouth full!" she told him, "It's rude!"

rachel: Taking another bite of cake, Rachel watched the hat beating...or attempted hat beating, "Yeah, this cake is pretty awesome."

Laura: "hey Locky...Bye Locky...." Laura sighed and realised she was waving at his back.

Laura: "Like. My attention sucks ass like, nothing else can suck ass."

Lorna: "All better?" Lorna looked up for Bobby's approval. "Ooh, cake...shouldn't eat cake before singing time though." Lorna pouted slightly but was soon over it as she plopped her hat back on.

Cessily: "Okay, good luck with that!" Cessily waved after Warlock as he left. "You know, I see the two of them hanging around each other quite often lately. 'Lock and Selene, I mean." She gave Raya's pottery a last look over. "I think that looks excellent now. Very lively and colourful."

Raya: "Why not?" Raya grinned at Laura. "I hear it's excellent cake. Plus, free cake-smell with the singing." She turned to Cess with a grateful smile, thanking her. "It looks great when you do it. I didn't get the arranging gene, apparently." She said lightly.

rachel: "Yeah, I'll share the cake," she offered.

Cessily: "Thanks, and don't mention it." Cessily smiled sweetly at Raya. "I think I got that from setting up photo shoots. When you've done that often enough, you get an eye for such things."

Lorna: "All the sweet'll gom up the works."

Laura: "Cake is like, probably not good for me to have pre performance. It's like, sooo not right. I'll stick with water! I'll totaally attack any cake thats left at the end though..."

Cessily: Cessily perked up at the mention of cake. "I know that I should have a look at my own exhibition before the festival proper starts, but some cake couldn't hurt, no?"

Bobby: "Perfect, babe." Bobby tapped the brim of her hat once and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Hmm. I'll eat extra for you then." He wandered to the food to check it out. "Gomming. Nom nom gom."

Lorna: "Heh, you do that, Bobby. Nom for the two of us." Lorna snorted.

Bobby: "I will. Be nice and I might even save you some for later." Bobby looked over the goods and picked up the cake since it seemed popular.

Raya: "I'll save you some, then." Raya rubbed her hands together, her fingers turning pink in the chill air. She detested gloves, as they made her feel clumsy with her hands covered in material. "Look. A person."

rachel: Rachel ran a hand through her hair as she nibbled on another bite.

Meggan: Meggan took a squirming Dylan out of his pram and decided to show him around the festival. Checking he was all wrapped up warm she looked for somewhere to go first, "Want to see the pony, Dyl?"

Cessily: Cessily looked over at her own stand with the picture exhibition. So far, everything still seemed to be fine. No fallen or missing pictures. No running ink. After a moment of hesitation, she stepped over to the others. "Did I hear the word cake being tossed around here," she asked with a smile.

Lorna: "Yes, we're definitely dropping the cakebomb." Lorna answered Cessily with a grin. "Your photos look really great by the way."

Cessily: "Thanks! I'm so happy they turned out fine." Cessily returned the grin, then looked down at the cake. "I can see why. This looks delicious. I think I should have a piece before the festival starts."

Laura: "Oooh yeah, they're totally fantastic! My Mom wants that one of me, for my Aunt Debbie, cause she's moving outta the country for a year to work in France!" Laura bit her lup. That was sooo going to change things...

Alex: Finally, after a fourth helping of yet another kind of cake, Alex looked up again, remembering the 'danger' he was in after all. Which, as he realized now, was way to late, since an elderly grey man came straight towards him, heavily waving.

Meggan: Meggan looked to Alex to see if he wanted to come and saw the look on his face, "What's the matter?"

Lorna: "You should have cake." Lorna nodded quite seriously. "You never know what may happen to it if you put it off. Mainly I might eat it all."

Alex: "Uhmm..." Instead of talking with a full mouth again, he pointed at his father, who finaly had arrived with them.

Bobby: Bobby stopped stuffing his face when he saw a strange person coming up. "You know... I'm wondering about this now."

Cessily: Cessily giggled and took one of the plates and a fork, then helped herself to a piece of cake. "Well, I should hurry up then. Mmm, tastes as delicious as it looks."

Raya: "France? That's a pretty country, where is your aunt going to work?" Raya hopped off the table and straightened her skirt when she saw heads turning towards the entrance to the loop.

Laura: "Yeah. She's like, been teaching grade four for a couple of years, but she's always wanted to teach abroad."

Meggan: "Oh..." Meggan found herself feeling very awkward for holding a baby when meeting Alex's father for the first time.

Lorna: "Wondering about what?" Lorna looked up from her cake lusting. Oh well, there'd hopefully be some left later.

rachel: Rachel shot Alex's father a grin and went back to her cake, still half-listening to the other conversations.

Bobby: "Well..." He noticed Alex knew the guy, but still. "I'm like... wanted. Am I really helping our cause by showing my face here?" Bobby noticed where Lorna was looking and waved the cake under her nose.

Lorna: "You got bailed out, I don't think they're exactly looking for you." Lorna laughed and put her arm around Bobby, making pretend grabs for the cake. "Plus it's not like they've tossed your mug shots around...Hee! You have a mug shot now!"

Raya: "Wanted?" Raya quirked an eyebrow at Bobby curiously. "What did you do to get attention of that sort?" She asked half-jokingly, but still a little concerned.

Cessily: "You do," Cessily asked Bobby, raising her eyebrows. "Ooh, how was that? I've never been arrested before. Did you get frisked?"

Laura: Ooooh. This was gonna be soo good. She'd heard snippets of whispers but like, this was getting the real deal. She pricked her ears, making sure she was listening.

Bobby: "I do! I'm like... hardcore. I had to hold numbers under my chin and everything!" He chuckled and lifted the cake out of reach. "Yeah... but still. I might just ice up for this whole thing."

rachel: "Being arrested sucks..." she shrugged.

Bobby: "Frisked, searched.... yeah. That part? Not so fun." Bobby took a bite of cake and nodded at Rachel in agreement.

Raya: "Be careful you don't scare any children when you de-ice. It's rather unnerving." She pointed a paintbrush that had been in the bottom of the box at Bobby.

Lorna: "Yeah. That doesn't exactly sound cool..."

Cessily: "Hey, at least you did it for a good cause." Cessily grinned and had another bite if cake. "You can see it as a contribution to the festival."

rachel: "The whole point of doing things is to not get caught," she smirked.

Laura: "Like, just don't de ice in front of anyone from the public. You'd totally get arrested again."

Bobby: "Well, I would be, like, butt ass naked or anything." His eyes nearly crossed focusing on the tip of the paintbrush. "Getting caught wasn't part of the plan, no. Your master was caught too."

rachel: "Yeah, I can't imagine her being very thrilled about that."

Bobby: He rolled his eyes at Laura, deciding a cakey tongue poke would be too gross.

Raya: Raya giggled at his eyes crossing in front of her brush. "You should try reforming into your clothes, it's pretty easy. Mostly."

Lorna: "No, you can de-ice in private." Lorna poked her tongue out for him.

Bobby: "Dude! I do! I just don't when I .... y'know, puddle." He cleared his throat, wondering why he was suddenly the center of attention.

Cessily: Cessily giggled at the discussion. "Hey, at first I had troubles reforming inside my clothes, as well. At least, after I had turned into a puddle or something like that. It's just a matter of practise."

Bobby: "Practice makes perfect," he said noncommitally. Bobby finished his own cake and wandered off to throw away the trash, bogarting another piece of cake to hide for Lorna.

Laura: "As long as a five year old wanting a pony ride ain't watchin!"

Lorna: "Going to spoil my fun." Lorna fake pouted again.

Laura: "You're not six! Though, I doub't you'd turn the ride down..." Laura snickered into her hand, chewing a nail.

Raya: "Practice also makes tired mutants." Raya shook her head gently, putting her hands in her pockets and leaning against the table.

Cessily: Cessily's face lit up. "Hey, that gives me an idea." She lifted her fork and grinned. "I could shift into a silver pony for the children. Or maybe some other animals. Like sheep, fox, tiger, and so on. Do you think they'd like that? I mean, showing that our powers are harmless would be a good thing, no?"

Raya: "Camel."

Cessily: "Hm, a camel might be tricky." Cessily chewed on the fork. "It's pretty large. I'd have to stretch a little."

Lorna: "Kids always like animals." Lorna wasn't sure if that proved anything in the way of harmlessness but it shouldn't hurt.

Raya: "Small camel?" Raya grinned. "The baby ones are pretty small, only about the size of a foal." The fact that Cess had taken the suggestion of camel seriously made her smile.

Laura: "Camels look creepy though..."

Cessily: "Hm, yes, that might work." Cessily rubbed her chin. "Oh! How about an alpaca? They're like llamas, just a lot cuter."

rachel: "Somehow, I can't see teke or telepathy entertaining children...or their parents, especially on the telepathy part..."

Lorna: "Would you spit like one?"

Laura: "I think you should like...Stay something that little kids would like..." Laura looked a bit dubious about the whole thing.

Bobby: Cake safe in a nice icy vault in the ice castle, Bobby returned, sliding his arm around Lorna's waist. "Spitting? Who's spitting?"

rachel: "Little kids'll just be amused by the shiny."

Cessily: Cessily poked her tongue out at Lorna with a grin. "Only if provoked. Though, I guess nothing would creep parents out like their kids getting hit by something that looks like poisonous mercury."

Raya: "Camels don't look creepy. You just have to ride one and they warm right up." Raya joked. "They don't spit unless you make them irritable."

Cessily: "And Laura is right, I want to keep it at cute animals that the kids would find adorable." She nodded. "Like, a large kitty."

Lorna: "The Cessily camel possibly." Lorna didn't really want to think about mercury. She was sure if it was spit at her she would have a horrendous freakout.

Laura: "Well, to the average American little kid who wouldn't be used to camels, they'd be creepy. Big lumpy fuzzy thing with a drooping face lumbering around, it's so just not cute!"

rachel: Large kitty. Made her think of Vic.

Bobby: Bobby unconsciously tightened his arm around her. Yeah, not cool. "There you go, how about a kitty? Or you and Meg can like, do a shifty contest into different animals."

Meggan: Meggan looked round at the mention of her name, "Do what now?"

Raya: "So I have to wait until all the little American kids are gone to get my ride on the Cessily-camel?" Raya asked before she thought, which made her blush deeply once she got how that might have been taken. Please don't.

Cessily: "Ooooh, that's a wonderful idea." Cessily grinned and looked over to Meggan. "Yes, we totally have to do something like that."

Summers: Ambling back from a little chat with his family, he smiled. "That would be fun to see."

Cessily: "I mean, I won't have much to do during the festival anyway. My pictures speak for themselves, basically. So I'd have enough time to do something else to entertain the people."

Laura: "Well, like, sorry you're gonna have to wait to a session of riding, but the point of this is to please the public, y'know..."

Bobby: Bobby's eyebrows shot straight up at Raya's comment.

Meggan: Meggan frowned, "What am I being volunteered for?"

Bobby: "Turning into critters for the amusement of the chill'ens."

Lorna: Well, Lorna wasn't sure if she should make a camel-toe pun now or not.

Laura: "Like a cute contest!"

Meggan: "Oh! Yeah! I can do that!" Meggan grinned, "Dylan would like that too." She grinned at her little brother who gurgled happily back.

Raya: Raya looked at Bobby with wide eyes, wanting very badly to resist having to tell him to not say a word about that.

Cessily: "Oh, yes, a cute contest!" Cessily shot them all a big grin and nodded in excitement, her old nervousness almost gone and forgotten. "It's something we could totally improvise. I don't think we'd have to practice that. That's going to be fantastic."

Bobby: "Save a camel, ride a Cess." Bobby smiled at Raya sweetly, then at Cess and Meg. "Or a Meg."

Lorna: "Hee! If we keep on this topic I think it would weird us all out to have kids riding them."

Meggan: Meggan laughed, "I can turn into anything you like and realistic looking too. And I'm already house-trained."

Laura: "Especially if they like, turn into...I'm so not going there."

Raya: "I'm going to give your sandburn in bad places for that." Raya fixed Bobby with a flat look, shaking her head as she turned back. "I liked the horses better anyway."

rachel: Cute contest? Rachel wondered if she should go hide in the library with Selene and Warlock. She definitely wouldn't have to worry about cute then.

Lorna: "Hey now, am I going to have to protect Bobby from sand in bad places?"

Cessily: "Hey, I'm always up for free rides. All you gotta do is ask." Cessily smiled and waved at the others. "But seriously, I think the families would be delighted. Especially the kids. They'd get bored with the festival otherwise."

Bobby: Bobby just smiled and decided Lorna could have fun with that. Until Cess made him snort. Free rides indeed.

Lorna: Lorna had to snort too. Oh that was just too much.

Cessily: "Besides, I've always found children to be the most accepting ones when it comes to us mutants. They never really minded that I looked different."

rachel: "Bored? Pffft, if they get bored, just kick some snow at them and start a snowball fight or something." Rachel decided it'd be best not to comment on the riding.

Laura: "Yeah...They haven't been made to think different is bad yet so like, they don't mind."

Meggan: "Yeah I've noticed that too, Cess. The children back home love watching me turn into things. It's the highlight of their week."

Bobby: "I generally never got any complaints back in high school myself," Bobby agreed, looking back over Lorna's shoulder to see if any people had shown up yet.

rachel: "So, for once, it's okay for me to corrupt the youth? Awesome," she grinned.

Raya: Raya was dragged aaway from the conversation as her cell phone went off. She yanked it out of her pocket before the song went on too long, and alerted people to what it was. Gotta to figure out how to change it back to something normal, she thought as she murmured into it, greeting the person on the other end.

Lorna: "Corrupt away and enjoy!" Lorna raised her hand in blessing of the idea.

Cessily: Cessily chuckled at Rachel's comment. "Oh yes, definitely. Today you'll even get applause for that, imagine."

Laura: "Oh yeah, like, go all out evil!" Laura clapped a bit, jumping up and down. "Like....Just don't evil me til I've sung, kay?"

rachel: "I'm being encouraged to be evil. Makes me wonder if I should be suspicious..." Rachel eyed them.
Laura: "Hey it;s Christmas! You should have fun!"

rachel: "Am I allowed to use my birthday as an excuse, too?"

Cessily: Cessily nodded. "Yes, it's Christmas. The only time in the year you're allowed to be all out evil." She frowned. "Or am I mixing things up now?"

Laura: "Course!" Laura danced around a bit, giving Rae a quick hug. "Extra reason!"

rachel: Rachel smirked and returned the hug. "This is cool. Now, I have to think of evil things..."

Raya: As soon as she was off the phone, Raya's attention was tugged to her booth as there was someone there looking at her things that she didn't immediately recognize.

Bobby: "Birthday?" Bobby looked back around and tuned in the conversation.

rachel: "Yeah, it's right before break. The seventeenth."

Cessily: "Oh, totally. See this as an extra birthday present come early." Cessily grinned and joined in on the hugging.

Lorna: "Ooh, we will have to have an extra evil party too." Lorna looked a bit too delighted at the prospect.

Bobby: "Well, happy day, Spunkette!" Bobby reached over for a hair ruffle in lieu of hug.

Cessily: "Definitely." Cessily nodded with excitement. "Like, a second Halloween party."

rachel: Rachel raised an eyebrow but returned the hug, grinning, "Thanks, but it's really not that big of a deal."
Laura: Rolling her eyes and skipped back a step. ""Well you can still like be a bit evil!"

Cessily: Cessily poked out her tongue. "As if you had a choice there, Rae. There's no reason to pass up the opportunity to have a party. This place so needs more parties."

rachel: Okay, mentioning her birthday was bad enough. Made people hug her and touch her hair. There was no way she was mentioning it was also when her and Josh had started going out, which she only remembered because it was her birthday. "Okay, fine...I'll at least think about a party. I just don't think it's a big deal," she shrugged.

Raya: "Celebrations like that make me glad my birthday's in May." Raya commented, having watched the exchanged hair ruffles and hugs with a slight grin. She knew Rae was picky about who touched her.

Cessily: "I think you can't have enough reasons to have a nice party." Cessily nodded and ate up her cake. "Feel happy and carefree when you have the chance to do so is what I say."

Lorna: Lorna looked around. "Looks like we've had a crowd influx. Suppose it's time I got my singing voice swinging."

Laura: Laura nodded, following her gaze and hooked her arm through Lorna's. "Yeah we'd better go get warmed up. Have fun everyone!"

rachel: Rachel looked around to see people were finally showing, grinning, "Suppose I should start working on that evil..."

Cessily: "Oh yes, looks like people want to see what we're up to." Cessily smiled at the others. "Alright, have fun."

Bobby: "Whoa, yea...." He gave Lorna a kiss, then stepped away from her and shifted to ice. "Wanna help me break some asses on the ice slides then?"

Summers: "I'll get the horses hitched." He waved and loped off.

Cessily: She stepped over to her stand and stretched her neck, trying to find the familiar faces of her grandparents and her family. After a moment, she grinned and waved with an arm.

rachel: "Sounds like fun to me," she smirked. "I'd change too, but I think the glowing would put children off..."

Raya: "Whoa." Raya moved back to her table. "They came quick, didn't they?" She gave a nod and grin to Cess as she went to her table as well.

Meggan: Meggan saw the people arriving and shifted to her natural blue state and tidied up the stall a bit.

Bobby: "I dunno, fire and ice, babe, it's a good combo." Bobby winked at Rachel and headed off to the castle.

rachel: "I may consider it as long as you don't call me Sunshine," she said as she followed him to the castle.