steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

05/24 Game: Remember, Remember

Post by steyn »

Timeline: 5 november.

Kyle: Kyle sat on the grass a little ways away from the stacks of burning wood. That was a big fire.

Victor: Vic swayed a little as he pushed another rocket into the ground, dropping the torch. "Fuckit." He picked it up, managing to near blind himself by shining it in his face. "Rahne!! Y' gotta 'nother sparkly shit thing there?"

Rahne: Rahne helped herself to another mug of mulled wine, steadying herself on the table a little as she did so ... man that had been one fucking good party earlier, she was still tripping.

Amara: Amara was taking her fire guarding duty very seriously. Having already put a nice crack in the lawn earlier in the week she would be damned if she was going to get it singed too. It was going well now and the heat didn't bother her so she could stand closer to it than most - she'd decided to wear her DR uniform for the occasion just in case.

Rahne: And then before the party ... hehehe ... the fun part of her mutation. She grinned over at Vic and grabbed a box of fireworks off the table, "Commin' love ..."

Rogue: Rogue walked across the grounds to the bonfire, carrying her box of fireworks. Stolen from Charlie, of course.

Victor: Vic grinned. "Not now, I hope." He rubbed his nose. "Bring 'em here, yeah?"

Cessily: Cessily had stretched out her arms and wrapped them around a large stack of firewood, carrying everything over to the fireplace and dropped it off next to it. She stepped back and inspected her work, hands on her hips and a content smile on her face. "I think we have enough wood now. That should last us through the entire night."

Rahne: Rahne giggled and balanced her mug ontop of the box and walked over to him, "Awesome work Cess," she said as she handed the box to Vic and took her mug of wine and took a gulp of the hot liquid ... mmmm soo good.

Amara: Amara smiled at Cess, "Yep I think so..." she laughed, "This is going to be a lot of fun!"

Raya: Raya watched the partiers and the fire, the strong light from the fire making her pupils very small, and her eyes look even stranger than they usually did. "Remember, remember, the fifth of November..." she singsonged to herself.

Cessily: "Thanks!" Cessily turned towards them and grinned. "Oh, it will be totally fantastic. I love bonfires. Especially around this time of the year when it's already a bit colder. You can really enjoy the warmth of the fire then."

Cessily: She glanced at the fire and sighed happily, feeling mesmerized by it for a moment. Cessily giggled when she looked down herself at her bare arms, and how the fire was reflected on her shiny skin.

Amara: "I wouldn't know..." Amara said playfully, "I could jump in there and I wouldn't know the difference."

Victor: Vic's jaw was working without him noticing as he picked out more fireworks and started setting them out. God, that rave had been fun. Then Rahne after it....wow. He cast a glance at her and grinned stupidly.

Rahne: "Have yer seen tha food they got? Proper Fawkes fare, there's hot potatoes an' sausages wrapped in bacon an' all sorts ... mmm ..." Rahne took another gulp of wine, at least it took away the horrible bleech taste from her mouth, but she'd found she prefered dabbing to snorting.

Victor: "Sh. Workin'. No food yet. God, I'm hungry. THey' got a raw sausage anywhere?>"

Kyle: Kyle got up, looking around. He could do this. It was just a very big fire. It was under control. Nothing bad will happen. That's a really nice smell. He sniffed the air a couple times before going over to the drinks. And food. Foods nice.

Cessily: Cessily chuckled and gave Amara a smile. "Ah, yeah. Well, I don't get burns either. My body is kinda unaffected by heat or cold. Well, mostly, I guess." She stretched her hand and held it into the flames. "It still feels hot to me, but it doesn't actually hurt. It's kinda weird, actually."

Rogue: Rogue set her box down on the table and put her hands on her hips as she looked at the fire. "Nice."

Rahne: "Raw?" Rahne looked faintly scandalised, "yer cannae have raw food on bonfire nigh' ... tha sorta defies tha whole poin' o' it, it's gotta be cooked cos' it's like ... a fire righ'?"

Amara: "I know what you mean. I know it's hot and everything but... it feels normal... I guess that's a good thing since I now have a tendancy to burst into flames."

Raya: She saw Kyle stand and look nervous about the fire, joining him at the table with drinks and food. "Hey. Are you okay out here?" she asked, picking up a cup of soda herself.

Lorna: Lorna looked up from watching the fire and laughed a bit. "Fire GOOD." Food looked pretty good too as a matter of fact so Lorna detatched herself from enjoying the fire to go see about all this sausage business.

Victor: "Mmm. Fire. I know, but I'm hungry now, babes." Vic stood, dropping the flashlight again. "Fuck!! Please, darlin'?"

Rahne: "Pleeeease wha'," she spotted Lorna making a bee-line for the table, "Lorna! Try tha mulled wine! it's good shit eh?"

Kyle: Kyle looked over to her and gave a smile and slowly nodded to Raya. "Yeah...I can do this...just don't need to get too close....er..how are you?" he asked

Rogue: Rogue looked over as Vic cursed and narrowed her eyes. "Hmm." She went over by the food and picked up a piece of a sausage, popping it into her mouth.

Cessily: "Hey, everyone!" Cessily pulled her hand out of the fire and waved at the others, especially the newcomers, then headed over to the table with the food and drink. "Ah, I think you don't have to worry about that out here, 'Mara. We have so many fire extinguishers that we could put out a forest fire. And you can't really set anything on fire out here."

Victor: "Sausage!" Vic's hand twitched as he tried to pick up the torch, dropping it again. Damnit. Stupid pills. "Please?"

Lorna: "Will do!" Lorna flashed Rahne a quick grin and a thumbs up for drinks. She turned back to the food assortment and quickly poured her a drink to sample. "Oooh, awesome!"

Amara: "Keep the fire extinguishers away from me. That was really unpleasant with all the sprinklers before!" Amara told Cess, "And I don't think we need to worry about me setting fire to something - more about me maybe putting another hole in the lawn..."

Raya: "I'm fine." she glanced ack at the fire and hitched her shayla up out of habit. "The heat is nice, it reminds me of the desert. It just makes me want to shift." She smiled a little. "You don't like fire?"

Rahne: "Sure, an' bacon," Rahne drained her mug and wandered back to the table, she was already pretty drunk from the party earlier, "I'm gonna get so wasted tonigh'." She giggled, "Though I thin' I already am ... sausage an' bacon!" She grabbed a handful and poped on into her mouth before filling her mug again and wandering back over to Vic.

Cessily: Cessily beamed as she looked over the assortment of snacks and drinks. "Ooh, wow, look at all the delicious stuff we've got. That's going to be a great night." She quickly grabbed some stuff that caught her eyes. She turned her head and smiled at Amara. "Yeah, I bet that must have been awful for you. I'm glad you're okay now, though."

Amara: "Yeah I'm fine - I was fine at the time... just naked. That was really embarrassing..."

Kyle: With a cup of something Kyle sniffed the air, looking at the retreating form of Rahne. He remembered Raya asked him a question the looked back at her, "Yes...I have this...thing...with fire...I just don't like it."

Cessily: Cessily rolled her eyes and glanced at Vic, then back at Amara. "Yes, understandably. I think Vic was really overdoing it a bit there. Well, I guess he was just worried about you."

Victor: Vic saw Rahne head over and immediately wrapped his arms around her, kissing her enthusiasticaly. "Ello beautiful." He purred. "Got my sausage?"

Amara: "Yeah... but I wish he'd let me get dressed first - I'd have gone willingly then." Amara tossed another armful of wood onto the fire, "But enough about that. I'm hungry." Amara made a b-line for the food.

Rogue: Rogue picked up a mug, pouring some of the wine into it as she turned to look at the fire again. "Ah wanna do some fireworks," she said absently before taking a drink.

Lorna: Lorna plunked herself down in the grass, mulled wine and sausage now in hand. "So, why don't we not do this more often? I think every night should be make a huge fire and blow stuff up."

Raya: "It's okay." She reached out and touched his shoulder softly. "Bonfires were always nice back home. They got so big, because thre was nothing to burn out in the desert."

Rahne: "Eek! watch my drin'!" Rahne yelped, before rubbing her nose against Vic's, "I got yer sausage here ... bu' if yer dinnae put me down yer migh' have one fer me an' then nae fireworks." She giggled at her own bad joke.

Cessily: "Yeah, let's see what we can forage." Cessily grinned and took some more for herself. "This all looks so good, it's hard to decide what to try first. Ooh, look, there's stuff to grill in the fire."

Amara: Amara laughed at Lorna, "It's only Guy Fawkes night once a year sadly."

Victor: Vic giggled too, lapping at her throat. "Gimme."

Lorna: "True, but fire and blowing stuff up can last a lifetime."

Rahne: Rahne giggled again and wriggled out of his grip and shoved the sausage into his mouth before eating a hasty retreat back to the food table.

Amara: Amara laughed again and popped a small honeyed sausage into her mouth, "Mmm that's nice!" She took a couple more.

Rogue: Rogue picked up her box and mug and walked over to Vic. "Heya, sugah. Wanna blow more shit up?" She jostled the box under her arm with a grin.

Victor: Vic blinked, before pushing the rest of the sausage into his mouth and chewing. God he was so damned hungry. "Right. Sparkly shit. Then food." He went back to his box, then spun at the sound of Rogue's voice, swallowing his sausage. "Roguey! Hey! Fuck yeah."

Cessily: Cessily decided that she had gathered enough snackage and flopped down on the lawn, not too far from the fire, and spread her things around herself. Then, she opened a can of juice and leaned back, staring ahead into the hypnotic fire.

Kyle: "Do you miss your home a lot?" Kyle asked Raya. He took a sip of...it was alcoholic, that was for sure. Tasted nice too.

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Bit enthusiastic, huh?" She set her box down and opened it up. "What all y'all got?"

Rahne: Rahne helped herself to some of the honeyed sausage too, "Mmm oh God yer righ'," she stuffed a handful into her mouth. "Mmmm ... I love winter food, eh, yer'll nae'er guess wha' Vic an' me are gonna have at out weddin' feast?"

Amara: Amara finished loading her plate and got a mug of mulled wine then sat down near the fire so she could still keep an eye on it - but not so close that her wine evaporated.

Victor: "Well, yeah, burn shit, blow it up, 's all good." Vic grinned widely. "Hmm. Sparkly shit, more sparkly shit, really sparkly shit, it's all shit! I mean good." Okay, he was really high. "Rockets, sparklers, wheels, th' lot."

Raya: "Yes, I do." The ran a fingertip over the rim of her drink cup, staring at the fire. "This place is very different, and it makes me miss all the friends I've known all my life."

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow at him. "Ya alright there, Simba?" She took a big drink then reached in to pull out a rocket of her own. "Blow 'em up?"

Victor: "Hah! Yes. Join in. I gots dibs lightin' mine though." Vic winked. "Got spark'lers somewhere too."

Lorna: "You mean besides the hangover enducing cake of wonder you told me about?" Lorna asked, turning to see Rahne better.

Cessily: "Haggis," Cessily asked, turning her head to smile at Rahne. "Uhm, well, I don't know. I guess cake, for sure. But what else? Something delicious, I'm sure."

Rahne: "It's like ... this swan, an' it's stuffed wit' geese an' chicken an' quail an' stuff ... it's like ... tha ultimate roast, it's like ... 12 differn' birds all in one!"

Rogue: "Kickass." Rogue set the mug down and walked a bit away to shove the rocket in the ground. "Gotta light? F'got ta nab one from Charlie..."

Lorna: Lorna's eyes actually went a bit big at that. "Sort of puts a turducken to shame!"

Amara: Amara raised her eyebrows, "Sounds filling," She told Rahne, then, "Um... isn't killing Swans illegal?"

Cessily: "Wow..." Cessily stared at Rahne with wide eyes, her mouth standing open for a moment. "That sounds absolutely fantastic."

Kyle: "I didn't have many friends...er..back home..I mean the place where I came from." He didn't want to call it his home. "Actually it was just one guy. Not sure if he was a friend. I was his...err....uh..hi thing..his university project." Kyle told Raya.

Victor: "Yeah." Vic patted his pocket, pulling out his magic tin before handing Anna a spare lighter and putting it away again. "Ain' lightin' 'em yet. Wan' food firs'. An' drink. Lotsa drink. Really thirsty."

Rahne: "It's a british tradition, stuff stuffed wit' stuff," Rahne poked around the table till she found a plate of curried chicken legs and helped herself, "oh an' they'll be some o' this stuff too," she poured out another glass of mulled wine, "This is like ... perfect fer this time o' year, warms yer righ' up."

Rahne: "An' ... I like so need to make yer more alcoholic puddin' ... I know loads o' recipes fer tha stuff." She told Lorna, then giggled.

Cessily: Cessily chewed on a sausage, then grinned at Rahne. "Sounds like a wonderful tradition to me. I like all kinds of stuffed food."

Rahne: Rahne slurped her wine, "Oh it is, it is."

Amara: "Oooh me to!" Amara agreed, "I had a very interesting food education growing up."

Kyle: Kyle quickly emptied cup, then got some more of whatever it was what he was drinking. He couldn't get that smell out of his mind, taking a glance back to Rahne, then drank from his cup again.

Lorna: "That really does sound awe-more pudding?!" Lorna's grin went quite large and she started clapping. "Pudding!"

Raya: "That's...different." Raya didn't know what other to say about it, chewing on her lip. "I never really was anything special to anyone. No one really knew what I was until just before I left."

Rahne: "Puddin'! Moar puddin'!" Rahne giggled and claped along, "Nae like ... I need it righ' now ... fuck i'm hammered."

Cessily: She finished the sausage and licked her fingers clean. "And so much alcoholic goodness sounds like fun. Makes me wish that I still could get drunk. I really miss that part of being human." She sighed ands shrugged. "Well, at least I still get to see other people getting drunk, do embarrassing and funny stuff, and taking pictures of said stuff."

Victor: Vic straightened, patting his pockets absently and finally locating a packet of cigarette. He lit one and breathed deep, jaw still working as he rubbed his nose and set up another rocket.

Lorna: "So that's why you really always have a camera, isn't it?" Lorna pointed her sausage at Cessily. "You're always on the lookout for blackmail, aren't you?"

Raya: She shrugged, wandering back over to the bonfire, holding her hands closer to it to warm her fingers.

Rogue: Rogue took the lighter and eyed the box he put back in his pocket. "Oh, ok." She stood and walked back to him. "Whatcha got, Vic?" She knew full well what that was, but wanted to know if he would tell her.

Victor: Vic gave Anna a quick look and an almost manic grin. "Special shit. Ain' touched it. Runnin' ou', really, don' need ta get no more though. No worries. Wanna start gettin' this party rollin'?"

Cessily: "Hee, now you caught me." Cessily snickered and gave Lorna a grin. "Do you think people would do anything for me that I ask them to do just because I'm so nice?"

Kyle: Kyle fidgeted with his cup, trying to keep his attention to other things. He grabbed what he knew was meat and chewed on it, but he couldn't keep his mind away from certain thoughts. He emptied his cup, feeling the light buzz of alcohol in his head.

Rahne: Rahne snorted, "Yer an' yer camera ... well yer ain't gettin' any photos o' me Kincaid," she waved a finger under Cess' nose, "Least none yer ain' already got."

Rogue: "Why do Ah find that hard ta believe. C'mon. Lets light up."

Lorna: "That all depends on what's asked. Not everyone is as nice as you." Lorna narrowed her eyes for the joke. "And it depends on what evidence you have against them."

Victor: "Yeah yeah. Already lectured me. No more." Vic huffed at her. "Y' do y're end I'll do mine, yeah?"

Cessily: Cessily giggled, then gave Rahne an impish grin. "Ah, just tell yourself that. But you'll see that there's no escape from me and my camera. Don't forget that I can slither anywhere I want, and you can't even smell me when I'm hiding in your closet."

Victor: Vic watched Rogue go, drugged mind not even worrying about what she said as he headed to his first firework. "Fire in th' hole!!" He bellowed, touching the lighter flame to it and then running.

Raya: Raya watched the twigs and leaves she threw into the fire burn and snap, throwing out little bursts of sparks. She hummed to herself, the same melody Rogue had said was hypnotic.

Rahne: Rahne finished her drink and plonked the mug back down on the table and attempted to give Cess a calculating look, "Damn ... yer righ' ... wha're yer deman's the-eh-oooooooh!!" She pointed and cooed as the firework went up.

Amara: Mara watched the firework go up and explode in a shower of colour and smiled. Fireworks were pretty.

Kyle: Kyle poured some more wine for himself and wandered closer to Rahne, being led by his nose. His mouth kept drying out and he kept sipping wine to feel better, and completely ignored Vic's yelling. He snapped out of his daze by shiny lights.

Victor: The firework burst in a shower of blues and greens, and Vic watched it as Rogue's first went up. "Pretty...."

Cessily: Cessily turned and watched Vic run past them. She blinked. "Huh... fire in the wha... oooooooh!" She beamed and looked straight up into the sky.

Lorna: "...That's sort of creepy, Cess." Lorna's head snapped up at the mention of fire in the hole and the firework went up. "Ooooh, ahhhh."

Raya: Raya looked up immediately upon hearing Vic shout, her mouth hanging open a little at the burst of colors. She made her way to Vic, still watching the sparks disappear, to ask for one herself. "Can I try one?"

Cessily: "That's so beautiful..." she whispered to herself, staring wide-eyed into the sky, taking in the sparkling colours that lightened up the night.

Victor: Vic shook himself as Raya spoke to him, grinning widely and nodding. "Hell yeah! C'mon, I'll show y' how."

Victor: "But no doin' all of 'em. My shinies."

Amara: Amara loaded more wood onto the fire having to virtually climb into it to stop the pile sliding over. "Hmm... maybe I should try the other side..."

Raya: "I've never set one off..." She said, looking at the fireworks he held under an arm. "I won't use them all." It occurred to her just how tall he was, that she had to look almost straight up to see his eyes. That and she was extraordinarily short.

Rahne: "Ain't it jus' ..." Rahne trailed off when she saw that Raya girl from the party move closer to him and immediatly her hackles went up, what did she want with Vic? Couldn't she mine see he was busy.

Rahne: She helped herself to another mug of wine, eyes narrowed.

Kyle: The distraction of shiny colours only worked a little. Kyle looked over to Rahne, getting closer to her, licking his lips and smelling the air. His head was swimming in the smell of burning wood and that scent. So nice.

Lorna: Lorna smiled, basking in the afterglow of shiny stuff. "Fire really good."

Cessily: Cessily clasped her hands, marvelling at the pretty colours until the first series was finished. Then she looked down and saw Amara struggle with the fire. "Wait, I'll help you."

Victor: Vic knocked the rocket into the ground. "Well, blowin' shit up's good. Righ'. Have a lighter." He handed it to her. "See th' taper? Light it, then fuckin' run. 'Kay?" There was an almighty bang asn another one of Rogue's went up.

Cessily: She jumped to her feet, devouring a chicken wing on the way, and grabbed some pieces of wood from the stack, tossing them into the fire from the other side.

Kyle: Kyle snapped awake from his slight stupor by the incredibly loud bang, cringing. His ears were ringing for a while afterwards.

Amara: "Thanks!" Amara called over the fire to Cess, "I need to be taller really..." Amara frowned - at 5'8" she was already as tall as she was likely to get.

Raya: "Okay..." Those instructions made her a little nervous, but if it worked for him. She bent down and flicked the lighter on, holding it to the cord until it lit. She backed up several steps, wondering if this one was going to make a noise like the other ones.

Victor: "Bit further back. Sometimes they - whoo!! There it goes!!" The firework shot up into the sky.

Cessily: "You mean like this," Cessily asked with a laugh, then stretched her upper body until she was towering above the fire. "That's one of the bonuses of being malleable like pudding."

Lorna: "Was that one supposed to sound like a bomb?" Lorna cut herself off again to ooo and ahh at the sparklies in the sky.

Amara: Amara giggled at the pudding image, "Can you put a bit on the top there it should stabilise it a bit!"

Cessily: She squeed with joy as another set of fireworks went up. "Ooh, those are beautiful, Raya!" She grinned at the sky and the colours, even though the fireworks that made the really loud bangs scared her a little.

Rahne: Rahne helped herself to some more chicken, "Bomb? Aye ... ain't tha like tha point? 'Cos it was bombs under parlimen'?" She turned and saw Kyle hanging around outside the group so to speak, "Thin' he's okay?"

Raya: The firework shot up, and Raya tilted her head back to watch it, pushing her shayla back to get it out of her eyes. And it was getting hot. "Wow..." she jumped as it went off with a loud pop, but the spray of white was rewardingly pretty.

Victor: Vic looked over to his fiance. "Hey! Rahne!! Wanna come blow shit up?" He winced as he ground his fangs accidently

Cessily: "Sure!" Cessily nodded at Amara and picked up some more wood with a stretchy arms, then carefully arranged it on top of the fire, making it larger. She didn't really care that the fire played around her arms, but she had to be careful not to catch fire... too late. "Ack! I'm on fire!" She waved her arm frantically, trying to make the fire on her shirt go out.

Lorna: "True, I think we've probably woke up everyone not cool enough to come hang out with us." Lorna grinned then looked to see who Rahne was talking about. "Not sure..."

Amara: Amara giggled at Cess and fetched a bucket of water, "Here!" she called.

Cessily: Cessily held still and waited for Amara to toss the bucked over her, drenching her in water. She mock-pouted, water running down her face. "Thanks. Oh my, the nice shirt..." She sighed, inspecting the hole in her sleeve.

Rahne: "He ain't on fer fire," Rahne frowned, "Wonder wha he's doin' ou' here." She turned when her name was called, "Huh? Blow thin's up? Oooh! I can set off a firework?" She walked over quickly, getting in between Vic and Raya as she did so. "Which one can I do love?"

Amara: Amara put the bucket down, "Want me to become a human hairdryer and dry your clothes?"

Victor: "Here." Vic handed Rahne a rocket, blinking at her and then grinning widely. "Enjoy!!"

Raya: "Hey," Raya was forced to back up as Rahne squezed past her to get to Vic. "You could have asked me to move."

Cessily: "Oh, you could do that," Cessily asked, blinking at Amara with a smile. "Uhm, sure. I'm kinda drenched at the moment."

Kyle: Kyle looked at Cess, but his mind turned back to Rahne...he completely ignored his fears as he walked closer to the group with the fireworks.

Lorna: Lorna popped the last of her food in her mouth and ventured forth to the firing squad. "Rahne make big boom?"

Amara: Amara smiled, "No problem," She projected a heatblast at Cess and watched the water rise ina cloud of steam from her clothing, "How's that?"

Rahne: Rahne giggled at Lorna, "Rahney make big boom, hey Vic, can Lorna go boom too?"

Victor: VIc giggled. "Sure Lorna can go boom if Lorna wants. Lessee. Big boom." He handed Lorna a rocket.

Cessily: Cessily laughed as her hair was sent flying by the hot wind. "Wow, that's awesome!" She grinned and shook her head wildly to get her hair back under control. "Hee, thank you. That felt fantastic."

Amara: Amara grinned, "Glad to be of service!"

Kyle: Kyle was just a couple paces from Rahne. He kept staring at her, and then slowly inched closer.

Rahne: Rahne walked away from the group and put the rocket in the ground and put the match to it, scuttling back from it and triping over Kyle "Argh!"

Victor: Rogue was setting off her rockets and having a lot of fun, from the looks of things, though she kept on watching him. Why? He was fine. He turned around, eyes narrowing at Kyle being so close. "Watch it. Y' alrigh, Rahne?"

Lorna: Lorna looked just a tad feindish holding her rocket. "Ooooh, fantastic!" Lorna went a bit away from the group and readied her launchpad.

Cessily: "I'm just glad that this isn't one of my better shirts." Cessily poked the fire holes in the fabric, then sighed and took it off, glad she still wore a top underneath. "And that I didn't keep my camera in it."

Rahne: "Owch! hey man," Rahne sat up, her legs were dangling over Kyle's back, "If yer wanna set of a firework go to Vic." She giggled, "Havin' fun?"

Amara: Amara giggled, "Yeah leaning over a bonfire with a camera in your pocket isn't really a sensible thing to do."

Victor: "Okay!! Wants big-ass booms?!" Vic leant over and hauled Rahne off Kyle. "C'm an' gettem!!"

Raya: Raya took a few steps away from the group, watching the fireworks go up, not as enamored of them as before. She had no idea what it was she'd done to make Rahne upset. Probably just be here. It would figure. She ignored Vic's call and watched the fire instead.

Kyle: Kyle looked up to Rahne, a grin forming. "Yeah...fun." he told her and then flinched a little when Vic was near.

Rahne: Rahne yelped as she was dragged up, "HEY! Tha hur's Vic!" She complained.

Cessily: Cessily giggled and tossed her ruined shirt aside. "Nope, it isn't. But you should have seen me during some of my masterpieces of clumsiness. I have a talent of keeping things in my pockets, like wallets and cell phones, and then bending over to have them fall out. Usually, right down some bridges or into a gorge."

Victor: Vic blinked, then pulled Rahne in for a hug. "I'm sorry, baby." He nuzzled her. "Really sorry. Didn' hur' y' too bad, did I?" He slurred slightly, shooting Kyle a venomous glance.

Amara: Amara laughed, "Awwww never mind... if you did it now you could at least go and get them without any trouble..." she grinned.

Rahne: Rahne blinked a couple of times, "Nae ... jus' wasn't expectin' it ... oh I didn't hur' yer when I fell on yer did I Kyle?" She twisted around to check on him.

Lorna: Lorna looked up at the commotion over with the others but couldn't actually tell what was going on so she just shrugged and lit her rocket with the usual call of 'fire in the hole' and ran for cover as it went up with a great poof and red sparkles.

Cessily: She smiled and shrugged. "Heh, yeah, that's true."

Kyle: Kyle's grin faded, looking straight back at Vic. He licked his lips then stood up. "No...no hurt....didn't hurt." he said.

Raya: Raya noticed Kyle flinch and had concern hint on her face as Vic shot him a glance. She wondered what was up with those two, to make them so rude to people.

Victor: Vic stared straight back at Kyle, hackles rising and a growl in the back of his throat.

Cessily: Cessily went "Oooooh!" as Lorna's rocket shot into the sky and exploded in many colours. "Wow, it's so great that you can have fireworks on other days than New Years Eve."

Amara: Amara oooh'd at the firework then headed over to get more honeyed sausage.

Rahne: Rahne frowned at Vic when she heard the growl, "Wha's up Vic? it's my faul' fer nae lookin' where I was goin' when I fell over."

Victor: He shook himself, hand still on Rahne. Okay, he was too high to get angry. "Nothin'." He grinned. "Blow shit up!!"

Cessily: She quickly followed Amara to the food table, grabbing more sausage and some of the chicken, as well. "I hope that we have marshmallows for later."

Kyle: Kyle was about to snarl back, but Vic changing the subject so fast made him forget what why he wanted to get snarl in the first place. He slowly backed away, heading for the food and drinks table again.

Rahne: Rahne squirmed away from Vic, "I'm gonna go check on Kyle, I dinane thin' he's enjoyin' himsel' ou' here."

Amara: "mmm yeah, me too.... I can run and get some from my room if you like. I have a secret stash." Amara gave Cess a conspiratory wink.

Cessily: Cessily tried some of the mulled wine. "Mmm, that's really delicious. I love how warm it makes me feel inside. That's an odd feeling... but I like it."

Kyle: Kyle poured him some more wine, drinking from it and then turning around to see Rahne walking his way. He put the cup down on the table.

Cessily: "Ooh, secret stashes are awesome. I have some hidden in my room, too." She frowned and tapped her lip. "Though, not all of them are there to hide food." She smirked, then shrugged. "Well, I'm sure there are some around here. You can't have a fire without them, after all."

Rahne: Rahne smiled at him, "Heya man, are yer acctually havin' fun ou' here?" she asked him.

Amara: "This is true...." Amara scanned the table then spotted a cloth covering something and removed it, "Aha!"

Victor: Vic went to stop Rahne, but she was gone before he could get the words out. Swearing and swaying a little, he followed her, nearly stumbling into the fire and not noticing the fuse starting to burn on the one remaining rocket in his hand. "Rahne?"

Victor: He stopped, trying to bite back a snarl. "Rahney, coul' ya come here? Please?"

Lorna: Lorna made her way back to the food table, grin plastered on her face. "So much fun."

Rahne: Rahne turned around "Vic wha's ...." she trailed off and her eyes went wide as she tried to form the words, "Ah-ah-ah- Viiiiic!!"

Victor: "Wha'?" Vic shrugged, grinning. "Jus' wan' a hug."

Cessily: "Yay, jackpot!" She grinned at Amara, but her smile faded a little as she turned her head to look at Rahne, Vic and Kyle, wondering what was going on over there.

Rahne: She pointed "Ah-ah-ahhh!!" Stupid fucking drugs!

Cessily: "Hee, should I feel unsafe while you're handling explosives," she asked Lorna with a grin.

Victor: Vic held out his arms. "Wha-" He saw the burning fuse just as it hit the rocket. His eyes widened as time slowed. "Oh shi-" There was an almighty boom and he shrieked, blinded as horrific pain shot up his arm and chest and face.

Lorna: "Hey, I've not hurt anyone yet. Plus I can always throw up shields if anything I shoo-Holy shit!" Lorna couldn't throw up any shields in time for that.

Kyle: Kyle grabbed at Rahne, ppulling her back as everything lighted up in an instant

Raya: As Raya ate, she leaned back against the table, rubbing a hand over her face until she jumped at the unexpectedly loud bang, whipping her head around to see Vic burned. She felt the blast of heat from the firework going off at her back and shifted smoothly, being eddied away and up by the hot air.

Rahne: Rahne screamed as the firework when off, "Oh my GOD! Vic!!" she struggled against Kyle, "Lemme go!!"

Victor: Vic couldn't see or hear, even the pain was way too much to bear as he writhed, shrieking. He could smell burning flesh and fur, though.

Cessily: Cessily just stared ahead as Vic suddenly went boom in a pretty colourful explosion. "Oh darn!" She dropped her food and hurried over, stretching her body to move fast. "Is anyone hurt. Vic?"

Rahne: She managed to get out of Kyle's arms and knelt down next to him, crying. His arm was a charred, bloody mess and there were burns all over his torso, neck and face, he looks disturbling like Ocelot at the moment.

Lorna: Okay, not good, not good at all. "I think everyone else's fine. We should probably get Vic inside?" He healed but...it really sounded like he could use something for the pain.

Raya: Ah. Well, shit. Raya pulled herself back and reformed into her clothes, turning to see everyone standing around Vic. "Allah, is he okay?"

Cessily: Cessily flowed over to Vic and resumed her shape next to Rahne, kneeling at her side. "Oh my..." She bit her lip. Vic really didn't look too good. "Vic?"

Victor: Vic started being able to hear again, faintly, over the booming in his ear. "Hur's, R'ne?"

Amara: Ouch that had to have hurt... but Vic would be fine. Amara sucked on a marshmallow.

Rahne: "He'll heal, he'll heal!" Rahne almost sobbed, wanting to touch him but couldn't, it'd cause too much pain. She saw Rogue running over and kneeling down.

Cessily: She looked up at Raya. "He's very tough. And usually he heals everything just fine." She looked down again. He seemed to be hurt pretty bad this time. "He should be fine."

Rahne: "I'm here, I'm here leannan, yer great daft fool."

Kyle: Kyle sat on the ground. Only watching the two. The scent from Rahne wasn't the strongest anymore. Only thing that he kept smelling was the burnt flesh.

Cessily: "Maybe we should get him some powerful painkillers from the medlab until his healing starts to take care of it, no?"

Victor: The pain started to ebb away. "Cn't see." He was falling unconscious - and then was jerked back by the sharp stabs of his healing starting.

Rahne: Rahne grabbed hold of his uninjured hand and gave it a squeeze to reasure him that she was still there, though she had to turn away when he started to heal ... the sounds were bad enough.

Raya: Raya watched Vic lay on the ground, fairly wary of him from where she stood next to Cess. "What happened?" She asked.

Lorna: Lorna let out her breath as Vic started to visibly heal. "There we go then." Well, that was probably enough of making things go boom for the night.

Cessily: "I think fireworks went off in his hand," she said, nodding at Vic's charred arm. She patted his shoulder and stroked through his hair. "Vic, can you hear us? Vic?"

Rahne: Rahne winced as Vic squeezed her hand tightly from the pain, "Good thin' I'm left handed," she muttered, not that anyone could hear her under his screams of agony as he healed.

Cessily: She let out a relieved sigh as Vic slowly started to heal. "Okay, he'll be better in a few minutes. I'm sure. See, he's already getting better." She tried to give reassuring smiles at everyone.

Rahne: "Please dinnae touch him when he's healin' ... it jus' hurt's him more." she told Cess, not unkindly.

Cessily: "Okay." Cessily sat back and just watched, biting her lip. "Still, some drugs would really help him, I guess. This looks really painful."

Victor: Vic shuddered and writhed a little as he heard Rogue swearing somewhere near by, and everyone else, sense of smell coming back. There was less of the charred flesh and more of just open wounds now as his cries went down to whimpers.

Rahne: "It'll be over soon," Rahne said, wiping her nose ... so much for fun party time, she was almost sober now.

Kyle: "...it went off in his hand... that's why you shouldn't play with fire... fire hurts." Kyle said and stood up. His ears was still ringing from the explosion. Some sense had came to him and he backed away from Vic and Rahne. "I'm...I'm going in."

Raya: Raya winced as she saw him start to heal and rubbed her hands over her face. She heard Kyle and stood, following him to the door. "Kyle, you sure you want to leave?" She had to jog to catch up with him at the patio door.

Cessily: "Okay, okay... he's getting better. Cessily ran a hand through her hair, trying to calm herself down. Then she held her palm in front of her eyes for a few seconds, waiting for Vic to heal. "Why is it that every time we have a party around here, someone goes up in flames," she muttered to herself.

Lorna: "I think it's becoming a tradition. Probably should start a new one instead." Lorna let herself relax.

Victor: Vic started to cough, leaning to the side as he hacked up ash and the last of his hair grew back, wounds sealing up with a wet sound. "Urgh..."

Cessily: "Yeah, totally." She nodded at Lorna, slowly feeling more relaxed.

Lorna: Eww, ash. "Um...something to drink?

Kyle: Kyle stopped before he walked in, and turned. "I think it's better if I did. I can't stay there. The smell...the smell gets to me." he told Raya

Rahne: Rahne rubbed his back, then frowned as she ran her hand through his long hair, "Babes, yer've done an' Anne Rice vampire thin'." She sniffled a little dispite trying to make him laugh, "Wan' tha hug now?"

Victor: "Eh?" Vic rubbed his face groggily. "Yeah. Yeah. Please."

Victor: "Drink? Yes. Alcoholic."

Amara: Amara popped another marshmallow into her mouth and glanced at the fire. Deciding it needed to be bigger she went to attend to it again.

Raya: She chewed on her lip lightly, brushing her loose-again hair out of her face. "Um. I'd like it if you came back out, maybe later." She smiled hopefully, eyes still adjusting to the odd lighting in the patio.

Cessily: Cessily let out a happy sigh. "Oh my, Vic! You really had us scared there for a moment." Cessily decided that being blown up definitely warranted a hug, and so wrapped her arms around him from the other side, carefully. "You should be more careful, even with your mutation." What if he ever went too far with it, and it wouldn't heal him anymore?

Lorna: Lorna quickly made her way back with some more of that mulled wine. "This'll taste better than ash I imagine."

Rahne: Rahne kissed Vic, "Yer fuckin' idiot! Wha' did yer thin' yer were doin'!?" She demanded, giving him another kiss dispite the ashy taste.

Victor: Vic took the drink with shaking hands. "No' 'vry day I get t' be bweteen two women...." He smiled, or tried to, sipping the wine and coughing.

Cessily: "Hey, all you had to do to get that was blow yourself up." She grinned at the two of them. "Now don't say that wasn't worth it."

Kyle: Kyle thought about Raya's request. "Maybe. I'll just wait a little while." he told her "Maybe until the smell of...of it...is less."

Rahne: Rahne gave Cess a warning growl, "Nothin's worth him hurtin' himsel'" She snapped.

Cessily: "Of course not." Cessily sat back and frowned. "I'm just happy that he's okay and wanted to cheer everyone up a little." She stood up and headed back to her stuff. "Gee..." she muttered under her breath.

Victor: "Hey, calm down. All o' ya." Vic shook violently as shock settled in. "Great. Am sober."

Rahne: Rahne frowned at Cess and stroked her hand down Vic's back, "Baby ... please dinnae scare me like tha again ..."

Amara: Amara, satisfied with her work, went back for more food and bumped into Cess. "Is Vic alright now?"

Victor: "I'm sorry. Was too outta it t' notice."

Cessily: "Yeah, I think so." She looked up at Amara and nodded. "He can count himself lucky."

Rahne: Rahne snuggled into his shoulder, still petting his long hair.

Raya: "Okay. It's been nice seeing you have fun out here." She gave him a smile and saw him in, turning back to the party and seeing Rahne and Cess look upset. "What's going on now?" She asked Cess.

Lorna: Now that things were calming down again Lorna found herself wandering back towards the food table. This sausage and bacon stuff really was addictive.

Victor: "Please go say sorry t' Cess, love." Vic purred, calming slightly.

Cessily: She sighed again and shook her head. "Why can't we have a good night of fun that doesn't end with something being hurt or upset," she wondered, flopping down in the grass next to her stuff.

Rahne: Rahne frowned, "Why? Wha'd I do?"

Victor: "Snapped at her. Was only tryna help." He nuzzled her slightly. "Im fine. Rogue'll look after me."

Raya: "Hey. It's okay, Vic healed." Raya sat next to Cess carefully. She laid a hand on the other girl's shoulder, surprised that her skin was still cool. "Are you okay?"

Cessily: Cessily looked up and smiled at Raya. "Hey. Uhm... yeah, I guess I'm fine." She shrugged. "Everyone seems to be alright again. Thank you."

Rahne: Rahne frowned at Rogue and looked like she was going to argue, then Vic gave her a look and she stood up ... yeah ... she shouldn't have snapped like that.

Amara: Amara frowned, "Tell you what Cess... wanna see my new trick?"

Cessily: "Ooh, sure, what is it?" Cessily turned her head to grin at Amara.

Raya: "Don't feel bad. You look too pretty to be sad at a party." She gave her a small smile, patting her shoulder lightly.

Rahne: Rahne stood a little way away from the group, looked like they were trying to cheek her up, "Umm ... hey Cess?"

Cessily: Cessily gave Raya a friendly smile. "Hey, thank you. That's really nice of you." She reached up to give Raya's hand a friendly pat.

Cessily: She paused, then turned at Rahne. "Oh, uhm, hey." She put on a smile for her. "Is Vic feeling okay again?"

Amara: Amara grinned back and did her human torch trick, "Watch!" Concentrating hard she made the ground shake then a small mound rose in front of her. Amara beamed, "How cool is that?!"

Rahne: "Aye, he's okay now," She looked down at her feet, "Sorry fer snappin' at yer like tha' ... I was jus' scared still ..."

Cessily: Her eyes went wide as Amara turned to living flame again. She marvelled wordlessly for a few seconds. "Wow..." she mouthed silently. "That's incredible. You... you can control it now?"

Victor: Vic curled up a little, trying to keep the tiredness away as he realised most of his clothes had been burnt away. Wow, way to wreck a party, Creed.

Cessily: Cessily jumped to her feet, looking between Amara and Rahne. Eventually, she shrugged and pulled Rahne into a hug. "Hey, it's okay. Of course you were scared. No need to feel bad about it. I didn't mean to say anything stupid, but sometimes I can't help it."

Amara: Amara nodded, "I think so... I figured out what makes it happen... I think."

Lorna: Lorna looked up from her food to see Amara engulfed in flame and fooling around with the ground. "Well that's a trick."

Rahne: Rahne patted Cess on the back, "Than's ... an' I'm sorry if I'm bein' ... bitchy at tha momen' hormones still."

Raya: Raya gave Rahne a wary look as she came up to Cess, but it lessened as Cess pulled the girl into a hug. She looked to Mara, the girl out here she hadn't really met yet. "Wow. That's an awesome trick..."

Cessily: She smiled at Rahne, pulling back a little to look at her. "Ah, yeah. Well, no worries about that. Happens to all of us." She frowned with a smirk on her lips. "Well, not to me any more. Which is awesome."

Rahne: She pulled away and grabbed a blanket from a pile next to the table, "I'm gonna take him in now," she said, walking back to Vic and warpping it around him, "Baby? Can yer walk?" she coaxed him.

Cessily: She grinned at Amara and clapped her hands. "Wow, that's fantastic."

Victor: "Hmm?" Vic looked up at Rahne. "Yeah. He stood, shakily. "Tired."

Cessily: "Oh, yeah, okay." She smiled at them. "Take care, you two."

Amara: Amara smiled and put herself out. "It's just hard to control when Im stressed out."

Rahne: Rahne let him lean his weight on her as she guided him back inside, let him crash for a few hours and then give him some food when he woke up. "Love yer Vic," she said, rubbing his arm soothingly.

Victor: "Love ya too." Vic purred.

Raya: "It's really cool." Raya watched her extinguish herself, blinking. "What's your name, if you don't mind? That's a really neat trick."

Cessily: "That's great news, 'Mara." Cessily grinned and clapped her hands. "Hm, yeah, so maybe you need to look into doing exercises to keep your cool then. I've heard that many mutants find that helpful for controlling their powers."

Amara: "Yeah... but I don't think exercises will help with my current problem...." Mara chewed a fingernail thoughtfully.

Cessily: "No?" Cessily blinked. "Is there anything else wrong?"

Amara: "Uh... I sort of have a crush on a friend... I've told her now though so.... maybe that's why I can do this better..." Mara shrugged and looked at the fire.

Cessily: "Oh." Cessily nodded and sat down again, patting the lawn next to her, inviting the other girls to sit down with her. "Well, the fire's still burning brightly, and we should have an eye on it until it's out. So, I guess we have all night to talk about such things."

Amara: Amara sat down beside Cess with the bowl of Marshmallows and offered them to the other girls, "So what shall we talk about?"