JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

4/29 Game - "Hiking!"

Post by JSherlock »

current timeline

SinJin: St. John walked doggedly at the end of the trail of students. Ugh. He'd rather be inside on a comfy couch. But at least he had a book. Books made everything better. He looked up, noticing he was last, and yelled, "wait!"

Kyle: Kyle had been wandering around between the trees, but still kept with the group, even if he was a couple paces from them. He looked over to his roommate yelling.

Cessily: Cessily turned around and grinned at Ginny. She was in her full outdoors gear: Pants with plenty of pouches, a matching vest, fancy cowboy hat and sturdy boots. Not that she much need for all that stuff, but it was what she was used to wear from all the times she had gone hiking with her grandparents. "Hey, what's up? Tired already? As far as I know, you have more endurance than that."

Meggan: Meggan was glad to be outside again. What with all the homework and the hours of MMO gaming she wasn't getting out much lately. Then, of course there was the distraction of Alex too. Thinking of this she gave him a smile.

nathan: Nathan followed the group through, careful not to trip and fall on his face in front of everyone. He glanced back at the yell and looked around. This was nice and everything, but he liked inside better.

SinJin: He grinned at Cessily, hitching his backpack to a more comfortable position. "I do, but I was lagging - staying with the group is important to survival in the bush - er... woods."

Alex: Alex stretched his arms and jawned loudly while walking. "...aaaaaaaaawwwwnnnn...Oh boy, working in the kitchen is more tyring than I had thought." He stretched again and a few joints cracked. But he could really need the fresh air. He had the feeling his hair had started to smell like chicken recently.

Meggan: Meggan slipped an arm around Alex's waist and kissed him on the cheek, "I hope it's not too tiring," she said, "Can't have you falling asleep in classes and getting in trouble."

Kyle: Kyle crossed the trail again, going between trees, and sniffing the fresh air. He could swear he was smelling chicken coming from someone in the group. He'll have to investigate later on.

Cessily: Cessily laughed and reached into the pocked of her vest, pulling out a map of the area. She turned around to look past the treeline, searching for distinctive landmarks. "I think we're not too far from where we planned to end up," she informed the others. "According to this map, there's a resting area with a fireplace not far ahead."

Cessily: She looked at the others and grinned, reaching behind her to pat her backpack. "I can't wait to get the marshmallows out."
SinJin: "Me either!" He grinned.
Meggan: Meggan smiled back at Cessily, she had made sandwiches and muffins - the only things she could make without burning or blowing something up.

nathan: "Awesome," he grinned. Okay, food always made everything better.

Alex: He ruffled his hand through Meggie's hair and smiled. "Way I see it, as little as I have seen you recently, you would have to cut my legs off to stop me from doing this."Then he heard Cessily and stopped the ruffling. Hopefully the others would like the little pastries he had brought with himself.

Meggan: Meggan giggled, "I know what you mean. I've been in my room or in classes since we got back. I'm starting to go a bit crazy from bordom."

Cessily: Cessily ran a few steps ahead of the others, turned around and got her camera out of her jacket. "Everyone smile!" She grinned at took a picture of the group. "Sweet!"

Alex: Grinning to himself on the thought that Meggie would only realize he had made her bunny ears when she saw the picture he continued walking. "Today is really nice, isn't it?"

Meggan: Meggan turned her smile to Alex, "Any day I'm with you is nice. It could be pouring with rain and I wouldn't care."

nathan: Nathan blinked at the camera but smiled as he walked.

Cessily: "That are going to be really great pictures!" Cessily rejoined the others. "I'm so going to make a memory album out of all the ones I took this semester."

Alex: "We would probably catch a cold, though. And then we would be keeping on infecting each other forever and ever, in a giant circle of disease. The horror!" This was followed by him giving his girl a little nudge.

SinJin: He smiled for Cessily's camera, striking a funny pose as if a pinecone was Yorick's skull. "It's nice to get out of the school for a bit."

Meggan: Meggan giggled and nudged back, "I'd be fine. You'd be the one that got sick." She kissed him on the cheek and ruffled his hair, "But I would be the best nurse ever."

Cessily: "Oh, yes, it is!" Cessily grinned. "There's so much going on with classes and homework and training and projects lately, that people barely have time for anything else. Being outside is so much fun."

Alex: "Oh! Would you wear a skimpy nurse outfit then?" He checked the sky for any signs of a cloud out of the corner of his eye.

Meggan: Meggan laughed, "If it would help you get better."

Kyle: A squirrel ran past through the group with Kyle up on it's heels, almost losing it when he had to dart between students.

Meggan: Meggan watched Kyle run past, slightly bemused, "Please don't eat it Kyle! You don't know where it's been!"

Cessily: Cessily laughed out loud when Kyle suddenly ran between them. "Hey, easy there. We have all the food we need with us. Why don't you let the poor squirrel alone? It's too cute to catch."

Alex: "You could ask it where it's been, Meg." Just hoping it doesn't have the rabies here...is Kyle vaccinated?....

Meggan: "I could, but it would have to stop running and I don't think it wants to..."

SinJin: He watched Kyle with trepidation. Yeah. So glad he didn't have interesting hormones. "Aw, let him eat a squirrel - that means more real food for us." He unhooked his water bottle and took a swig.

Meggan: Meggan hoped Kyle didn't eat the squirrel for reasons best known to herself. She squeezed Alex's hand.

Kyle: Kyle came back to the group, with a claw picking at a tooth, and sucking air between his teeth every once in a while.

Cessily: "Squirrels are not food, okay," she exclaimed after Kyle, looking slightly worried, then turned to look at the other students again. "Back at home there was a squirrel that would always come to my window and look inside. Every time it came to visit, I would feed it little treats."

Alex: "Heh, cute." Kyle was coming back and seemed...satisfied. Oh damn...well, at least he doesn't eat poo...

nathan: He watched Kyle run after the squirrel and come back picking at his teeth. Did that mean he caught it? That was kinda gross...

Meggan: "Kyle, please don't eat ant more... for me..." Meggan felt a bit strange now.

Kyle: Kyle finally was able to pull out the loose tooth, "But I didn't eat him...he ran in a hole in a tree and I...uh...I kind of knocked myself against it...see" he said showing the tooth in his hand.

Cessily: "Ouch," Cessily commented with a worried look on he face. "Oh my, Kyle. Are you gonna be okay?"

Alex: "Uhhhh...And...what are you planning with that tooth now?"

Alex: He imagined some archeologist finding the tooth one day and deducting that giant dogs used to live upstate New York....

nathan: "Ow," he eyed the tooth and ran his tongue over his teeth, glad that all of them were still there.

SinJin: He grimaced. That was gross. He imitated Nathan's move. But then - Kyle
healed. "Are you growing in a new tooth?"

Cessily: Cessily poked her own teeth with her index finger and added another thing that was actually really sweet about her condition. Metal teeth meant no more toothache and no more visits at the dreaded dentist. Awesome.

Meggan: "I'm glad you didn't eat the squirrel but sorry about the tooth..." she frowned

Alex: "Uhm, stupid question, but...doesn't it hurt? Do you want to lie down?"

Kyle: "Uhh..no..no well..yeah..it did hurt for a second...but I'm okay...day after tomorrow I'll have a new tooth growing back..it takes a day or two to come out."

Cessily: Cessily stepped over to Kyle and put a hand on his shoulder, still looking rather worried. "Really? Uhm, okay then. Still, you better take care with that."

Meggan: Meggan thanked her lucky stars for being a shapeshifter. If she ever lost any part of her anatomy, however small, she could just grow a new one.

Alex: "Awww, poor puppy." He patted Kyle and then took a pastry out of his bag. "Here, it's cherry."

Cessily: "Ooh, cherry, you say?" Cessily turned to Alex and smiled. "Did you make those yourself?"

Kyle: "Mmm, cherry," Kyle said taking the pastry and biting into it. after a couple of chews and a swallow he started sucking on the hole. Stupid food getting stuck in there

SinJin: He rolled his eyes at Alex. "Let's take a snack break!"

Alex: "Yes." He closed the bag tight again and poked his tongue out. "They are for later."

nathan: "Snack break sounds good," he grinned.

Meggan: Meggan giggled, everyone always perked up aqt the mere mention of food.

Cessily: "Well, it's not that far to the picnic place," Cessily tossed in. "We should keep the snacks for later and see that we're getting there. So we can start a cozy fire, yes?"

Alex: He nodded Cess an answer and clenched his bag tightly to himself, suspiciously ogling all those hungry eyes around him.

SinJin: "Well...all right. Walk fast! I'm hungry." He laughed and started off mock-marching double time.

Cessily: "Come on, let's go," Cessily chimed and took off along the path. "I can't wait to roast delicious things over the fire."

nathan: Nathan sighed and followed Ginny and Cess. Faster they got the fire going, sooner they could eat.

Meggan: "I hope you made enough of those things," Meggan said to Alex, "Looks like they're going to be popular."

Kyle: Kyle licked his fingers and sucked his claws when he was finished with the snack. Too bad it didn't have meat in it. But it was still nice and sweet.

Alex: "I have a few stashed away just for the two of us back in the mansion," he whispered into her ear. Then his hand took hers and he gently dragged her with the others.

Cessily: Cessily wandered around the next turn in the road and pointed to somewhere ahead of her. "Oh, over there, I can already see it!"

Meggan: Meggan smiled when the rest stop came into view. Food did sound like a nice idea. She hoped she'd made enough sandwiches. She'd made some with extra meet in especially for kyle.

SinJin: He looked too, and grinned. "Last one there has to start the fire!" He took off, kicking little pebbles in his wake.

nathan: Nathan took off after Ginny. There was no way he was starting the fire. He
actually wasn't sure if he could start one.

Meggan: Meggan shrugged. She didn't mind starting a fire. She was far better equiped to do it now too. She'd been practising with her new found ability over the summer - when she wasn't babysitting.

Cessily: Cessily laughed as she reached the fireplace and dropped her backpack to the ground. There were benches made of stone and wooden planks arranged around the circular fireplace.

Cessily: "Too bad we don't have Amara with us," she told the others. "I bet she could have easily started a fire for us."

Alex: Had someone said 'No powers!'? "...Don't think so..." He grew a pair of enormous wings and grabbed Meggie. Then, one swipe later, the two of them stood next to
Cessily, his feet somehow hurting from theimpact though.

nathan: He reached the fireplace and took in a breath, taking a seat on one of the benches.

SinJin: He laughed as he tossed his back pack down next to Cessily's. "All right - who brought the fire wood?"

Meggan: Meggan giggled at the sudden impromptue flight. "I can try the fire if you like... providing I have enough... reagents."

Cessily: "Uhm..." Cessily paused and looked between them. "I'm afraid we have to go and find some firewood. I don't have any. There's just food in my backpack."

Alex: "Heh...You're already starting to make me feel hot..." His face got flushed with bright red when he brought tha compliment out.

Kyle: Kyle just idly walked up to the area, instead of running. the stuff that was in the pastry had leaked on his forearm, and he was trying to suck it out of the fur.

Meggan: Meggan giggled and blushed too at Alex's comment, "I'll go and look for some dead wood." She gave a small wave and turned herself into a bird, taking off and scouting for some useable wood that wouldn't hurt the trees.

Cessily: "Awesome! Thanks, Meg!" Cessily unpacked her backpack in the meantime, getting out the packed food and the plastic plates she took along. "I'll help you in a bit."

Cessily: Cessily took off into the woods after Meggan and searched through the underbrushed for old and dry twigs. Stretching the fingers of her hands out, she quickly collected plenty of them and carried her find back to the fireplace.

SinJin: He scrounged up some dead twigs and flicked his lighter. He tossed the twigs into the pit, and lit them. "Pile away, Cess. I can handle the fire."

Alex: Alex got a large sheet out of his bag and spread it out in the open. Then he started to bring plastic plates out for pastries and marshmallows.

Meggan: Meggan came back shortly after Cess, having sprouted several extra arms and slightly resembling an octopus, she dropped a huge pile of firewood at the edge of the rest site. "I think I got enough..."

Cessily: "Sweet!" Cessily grinned at Meggan and at Ginny, then dropped the wood she had collected into the flames that Ginny created. "This should be a nice big bonfire in no time then."

Kyle: Kyle was happy sitting a couple paces further away from the fire then the rest of the students.

nathan: Nathan watched the fire grow as he debated what to eat first. The pastries Alex brought looked good, but the marshmellows. Then, there were sandwiches. Stupid
decisions.

SinJin: Having got the fire done, he snagged a plate and piled it high.

Meggan: Meggan sat happily munching on one of her cheese and tomato sandwiches, "I made some with extra meat for you, Kyle. Help yourself." She pointed to a container with a blue lid.

SinJin: He went over to sit by Cessily and started in on one of those pastries. "These are excellent, mate!"

Alex: Getting a few sticks, Alex put several holed pastries on them and held them over fire.

Cessily: Cessily smiled contently at the growing fire and sat down on one of the benches. "Okay, now comes the relaxing part." She opened some of the boxes she brought and spread them out. "There, help yourself. I brought enough for everyone. There's bread, and salads, and meat. And sweets, of course."

nathan: He grabbed a plate and decided that the sandwich was first, then everything else as he took a bite.

Cessily: "I also got sausages that we can roast over the fire," Cessily remarked.

Alex: "So, this will be a bit like if you order vanilla ice with hot cherries, just without the ice. They can't stay too long over the fire, since the dough will start to get soft soon. So rab them whenever you want." He put the sticks into the ground

Meggan: "I also brought muffins. They're all labled, incase any of you have allergies or something." She smiled, eyeing up the pastries. They smelled really nice.

Cessily: "Ooh, sweet." Cessily reached over to Meggan and helped herself to a muffin. "Thank you."

Alex: "Oh, special Meggie-muffins from my muffin!" He also took one.

Meggan: Meggan giggled at Alex, "It's the only thing I can bake without a minor disaster."

SinJin: He munched happily on the sandwich next, keeping an eye on the fire. "This is good." He held it out for Cessily. "Try some."

Alex: "Well, you've go me for cooking-comforts, right?" He laughed and scratched his head a bit embarassed.

nathan: Nathan grabbed a muffin to nibble on, eyeing the pastries.

Cessily: "Sure, thanks." Cessily smiled and leaned over to take a bite. "Mmm, you're right. Those are really good."

Meggan: "That I do." Meggan kissed him on the cheek again, "And I love you cooking. But you do it all day. I wish I could cook well enough to give you a break when you come back from work."

Kyle: Kyle was busy with the blue container, taking a couple sandwiches that clearly, and lovingly, had more meat on it. He grinned as he stuffed his face.

Alex: Alex watched Kyle a bit and then thought that he was a great inspiration giver. So he sat down too and started to stuff it too.

Cessily: A grin appeared on Cessily's face as she watched the others happily munching away on their food. "This is a really wonderful day," she said. "I guess I really needed something relaxing like this. School has been so stressful lately."

Cessily: She took the box with her own turkey sandwiches and held it out. "Sandwich, anyone? Kyle? Nathan? You should really try it." She pointed at the sandwiches. "I tried out a new mustard with them, and it's really so much better with it."

nathan: He took a moment to finish off the pastry before grinning and taking a sandwich from Cess, "Thanks."

Alex: Without him stopping to munch away, a big, long arm, scaled and with only four clawed finger grew out of his back towards Cess and then held out for one of the sandwiches.

Meggan: Meggan gratefully accepted a sandwich from Cess too, swiping a pastry to save for later.

Cessily: Cessily giggled and put a sandwich on Alex's extra arm. "There you go."

Kyle: Kyle licked his fingers, wiping them against his chest and leaned forward towards Cessily, hand making grabbing motions, "Oh, gimme, please!"

Cessily: She laughed at Kyle and passed him a sandwich, too. "That's the last one. Here, enjoy, everyone!"

Alex: The hand gave Cess a thumb-up and then retracted back to its owner, who took the sandwich into his two conventional hands and started to eat away.

nathan: He took a bite of the sandwich and waited until he was done chewing, "This is good, Cess."

Cessily: "Thanks." Cessily smiled, then looked at the fire. "But I can't wait to try Alex's pastries."

Meggan: Meggan took a bite of her pastry, "Mmmmm this is really nice. Alex, if I don't screw it up, please teach me how to make these!"

Alex: "Promise..." His muffled voice came out betwen two bites. He had to find out about this new mustard.

Cessily: Cessily stood up and helped herself to one of the pastries, as well. "Oh, wow... these are really fantastic," she commented after taking a first bite, sitting back down to happily munch on it.

SinJin: He made the flames dance higher in random shapes, sitting on the ground, leaning on Cessily's legs.

Cessily: Cessily smiled and sat back, enjoying the warm fire and the peaceful day. She reached down to languidly stroke through Ginny's hair with her fingers.

nathan: Nathan let out a sigh and watched the flames as he nibbled on a marshmallow.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro