Read our full Game transcripts here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

4/11 Game: Winter Fest Festivities

Post by Slarti »

ProfOroro: Ororo smiled at the assembled students, making it snow around her. "Hello, enjoying the warm weather?"

Rahne: Rahne, who was wearing a pair of hot pants and a tank top, raised an eyebrow at Ororo.

Raya: Raya tilted her head at the localized snow, fidgeting with her sleeves. She murmured a hello back with a small smile. "Yes. It's warm, but cooler here than in Damascus.."

Cessily: Cessily pulled her legs up onto the chair and leaned forward, sitting cross-legged. She glanced up and blinked at the snowflakes falling around them, but that was something you just had to get used to with Professor Munroe. Giggling a bit, she twirled her hair around a finger. "You know, with you and Bobby around, there's no need for an air conditioning during the summer."

Ju: Ju giggled at the snow, pushing hair out of her face. She was in her Sheik cosplay after staying up all night trying to beat Ocarina Of Time. Again. "Pretty."

ProfOroro: "Indeed there isn't. But actually, instead of today's lessons, I thought I might let you start planning for something I thought might be nice. I, and the other professors are thinking about having a Winter Festival this Holiday season."

Rahne: Rahne frowned, a festival? That sounded fun ... but she's probably be off honeymooning for it. She grinned to herself, she knew which she'd rather be doing!

Cessily: "A Winter Festival?" Cessily looked up. "Having a festival always sounds lovely. Uhm, how would that work exactly?"

Ju: "Festival?" Ju resisted the urge to try and catch a snowflake on her tongue. It never snowed in Worthing. "That sounds awesome!!

Raya: "A winter festival? Like a public thing, or just for the students?" Raya asked, writing on a pad of paper on her desk. "That could be nice..." Raya at least figured she could work it, as there wasn't a big holiday in the middle of winter for her.

ProfOroro: "We were thinking that each of you could get into groups and do something that you feel is your strength. Caroling, maybe a maze or a play or write poems or dancing, something. It's all up to you."

Rahne: Rahne raised a hand, "Professor, Vic an' me probably ain't gon be here fer it ... do we still get to do somethin'?"

Jason: Jason had been slightly preoccupied with trying to figure just what the little Japanese girl in front of him was wearing. It took a moment for him to piece together what all he had missed. Caroling? Oh hell no.

Raya: Raya caught on to the word 'maze', and thought of something. "Could we do a labyrinth?" She had already started to doodle out a design for one, a little circular pattern that wound about in quadrants.

Ju: Ju grinned. "Well, I don't know what I can do but....oooh, maybe I can do a light show or something? Anything with computers...." Okay, she needed to cut back on diving time. Waaaay too hyper. She realised the new boy was staring at her. "Hi!!"

Cessily: "Ooh, that sounds like a wonderful idea!" Cessily beamed and looked at the other students in the room and shifted excitedly on her seat. "So, it would be an open event and we would have guests at the campus?"

Jason: "A labyrinth? Excellent, somewhere I could hide from this." Jason muttered under his breath and smirked. He wasn't exactly up for this whole goodwill towards men business.

ProfOroro: "If you don't want to, you don't have to." She turned to Raya. "If you want. Just remember you have to do it yourself."

Cessily: "I could play some music, or paint something," Cessily mused to herself. "But dancing also sounds great. Or a play maybe. Ooh! Ooh! Perhaps we could combine some things. There are so many possibilities." She turned her head and glanced at the new student, a little puzzled. "Don't you like festivals?"

Rahne: Rahne's frown deepened. "Hey, who said we dinnae wanna do somethin'?"

Jason: "Hi." Jason did hate when he got caught staring but come now, who wouldn't stare at this occasion. It looked like he had earned some unwanted attention too. The people at this school must have exceptional hearing. "I suppose we'll find out, won't we?"

Cessily: Cessily snapped her fingers and grinned. "Hey, the children could play with Filbert and feed him."

Raya: "Well..." Raya turned to the boy in the room. "You can't really hide in a labyrinth." She looked up at the professor. "That's alright, they're not hard to make. I can do one myself." She smiled lightly, biting her lip.

Rahne: Rahne chuckled at Cess's suggestion, "Well he's sorta tha school mascot now ain't he?"

Raya: she felt a little exposed in the translucent shayla, but it was a step. Maybe people would think she was more approachable in that. "Who's Filbert?"

Rahne: "My pet gian' lan' turtle, his enclosure's jus' outside tha kitchen."

ProfOroro: "Of course you can do something, it's all up to you." She smiled serenely. "Anything you can think of to do, you may."

Cessily: "Yeah, and it's pretty much our mascot now." Cessily explained with a nod. "He's really cute, too."

Jason: "A giant land turtle as a pet? How on earth did you manage that?" Was the school's extracurricular hobby taking zoo hostages? Well that was unique at least. Jason couldn't say that he had ever been a big fan of animals though.

Raya: Raya blinked at that. "You have a giant land turtle as a pet?" Well, that one was new. She had to go with Jason on asking how she managed that.

Rahne: "A presen' from a frien' o' mine, Selene," Rahne said a touch smugly, taking a bottle of water out of her bag and taking a sip.

Ju: Ju grinned at the boy. "Filbert's awesome. He's huge. Selene got it for Rahne!"

Cessily: "Oh, and he's perfectly harmless. So, I think it would really be awesome to have children play with them." Cessily put a finger to her lips and thought for a moment. "Perhaps we could lend a few other animals from a farm or something and have an entire petting zoo."

Cessily: "Oh!" She grinned again, starting to feel quite excited. "And I definitely think we should all try do something with our powers. I mean, like a performance or something like that. Some cool tricks to entertain people. And it would show them that we're not dangerous, but actually pretty cool."

Jason: Lord, farm animals. Jason had thought he had escaped being near such things but here they were, talking about having some delivered. Jason gave a brief smile back to Ju and couldn't help but wonder, considering some of the students he had already met, if mutations was related to hyperactivity.

Raya: Raya honestly had nothing to say to that. She frowned at the 'cool tricks' part, though. "What, like you want us to perform for people?" She was all fine and good with a festival, but showing off like a circus performer was a bit much.

Ju: Ju smiled at her roomie. "Yeah...I don't have any cool power I can show off though."

ProfOroro: She sat on her desk and sat cross-legged arranging her skirts and shawl. "You will be putting on things for yourselves and your classmates. It doesn't have to be performance - you could help build sets or costumes or what have you."

Cessily: "Yes! Why not?" Cessily nodded excitedly and gave her fellow students a grin. "Of course, only those who want to. I mean, I could transform into some funny shapes."

Jason: "Don't worry, I think you'll entertain people just fine." Jason's lips curled up somewhat but he managed to not laugh as he said that.

Raya: "I don't think that would work very well, Cess....I mean, that's like telling people all you do is show off for them. Like we're not serious." She chewed on the corner of her lip.

Rahne: Rahne leant back in her chair in though ... there wasn't really much either her or Vic could do for this ... "I can sew, an' make costumes if tha's wha' folk wan'?" She suggested.

Ju: "And I can do anything technology-related, like the sound or something...." Ju chewed her lip. "Hee. That might be better. I'd be too nervous to actually perform!"

Raya: "What do you think would be good?" Raya turned to Jason. "Is there anything you can think of to do?"

Cessily: Cessily sighed a little and lowered her head, shrugging. "Yeah, well, it was just an idea. Perhaps you're right and we should focus on doing other stuff first."

ProfOroro: "I will be engaging the whole school in this. All the students, so you can you group up with anyone you wish."

Ju: Ju blinked at Cess. "No, it's a good idea!! There's some mutants here that like performing - like Prof Howlett!!"

Ju: "We don't all have to do the same!"

Cessily: "Oh yes! Howlett certainly would love to prepare something with us for a festival." Cessily smiled at Ju.
Jason: Jason smirked Raya's direction. He wasn't sure that anything would be good. "I think it might be best if I avoided the whole ordeal all together. Although a performance is tempting. Ah, showing off.

Rahne: "Maybe get us to perform tha opus o' his?" Rahne said with a slight smile.

Jason: "...Howlett's opus?" Jason was afraid to ask. He did anyway which was just unadvisable but it was too late to take the question back.

Raya: Raya's face fell at Cess. "I don't mean that performing would be bad....just that maybe showing off our powers might not be too good." She shrugged at the opus question.

Cessily: "Aww, you wouldn't want to take part," Cessily asked the new boy. "Oh, you're Jason, right? Sorry, I think I didn't properly welcomed you yet." She extended her hand and smiled. "Hi, I'm Cessily, but everyone usually calls me Cess."

Rahne: "His master piece, it's ver' ... unique ... Yer hafta do it in firs' year ..."

Raya: "Well...maybe you could help me?" She asked. "I mean, it wouldn't have to be very hands-on, but it might be nice."

ProfOroro: "Raya, you don't have to do anything, if you don't want to. We will be holding it at the school and inviting friends and family," she said gently.

Cessily: "Ah, yeah well..." Cessily shrugged. "I didn't mean that we should be showing off. Just something that makes it obvious that our powers aren't dangerous." She ran a hand through her hair. "When people see me for the first time, they usually look like as if I'm about to stab them or something."

Jason: "Good to meet you, Cess." Jason shook the hand but caught Rahne's answer to his question at the same time and couldn't repress a shudder. The Opus just sounded lovely.

Cessily: "Oh, family..." Cessily chewed on her lower lip. "I'll definitely invite my grandparents then. And the rest probably, too." She shrugged a little. "No idea if they'd come, though."

Ju: Ju looked at the new boy. "Jae Yun, but call me Ju." She grinned. "I'm the mad Korean chick that likes to think she lives in games, so get used to the outfits."

Raya: She turned back and looked up at Professor Ororo. "No, I'm okay with doing something for this. I'd like to. I just don't know about performing..."

Rahne: Rahne gave the rather pale, dark haired newbie boy a wave, "Rahne Sinclair, soon ta be Creed though."

Jason: "I'll..er...try." Well, that explains the costume at the very least. That didn't make it even a shade more normal in Jason's opinion though. The nerds in this place must be of the rabid variety. Jason pulled himself away from that thought to wave to Rahne. "Jason Wyngarde."

ProfOroro: "You don't have to perform, Raya. You can make cards, or man the drinks station. You could make some nice tea from Damascus or hot chocolate." She grinned happily, thinking of delicious hot chocolate.

Cessily: "Ooh, yes! We need food and drink, of course." Cessily looked at Professor Munroe, then at the others again. "I could make fruit cocktails. Or make some sweets."

Raya: "Oh, um....we don't drink much tea. We do coffee." Something about Ororo made Raya a little nervous. "But, okay..."

Rahne: "Nice to meet ya Jason, wha' yer think o' tha school so far then?"

Jason: "It's really quite interesting. Can't say as there's been a dull moment yet." Well, that was the truth. Jason wasn't really what sure to make of the school at this point, however.

ProfOroro: "You don't have to decide right away, but you should figure something out at some point soon. Then you can sign up and start planning! I will be decorating, so if anyone wants to join me, feel free."

Rahne: "Yer coul' say tha ..." Rahne said with a wink, Oh, decorating! She could do that ... maybe?

Ju: Ju giggled. "Mmm. Coffee. I can help with that, miss!!" She winked at Jason. "It's fun here!! Mad, but fun."
Jason: Mad, now there's the word for it. Jason nodded in agreement.

Cessily: "I could always help out with decorating, Miss Munroe. I'd love to help you with that." Cessily smiled at the Professor. "And I'm sure I'll get s few ideas together with the others. We'll have... tons of things to do for a festival."

ProfOroro: "Sounds good, Cessily, dear." She got up and took a sheet of paper, and held it out. "Start signing up."

Rahne: "I coul' probably be decoratin' ... it depen's on when it's goin' up ... Vic an' me finish school on tha' 7th."

Raya: Well. There wasn't much point in arguing with a professor, especially when it appeared she didn't want you participating. "I'll think about what I can do, then." She said quietly, poised to write, though nothing was coming.

Cessily: "Oh yes, of course, Professor." Cessily smiled sheepishly at Munroe and took the piece of paper from her. Picking up her pen, she signed up for the Festival and then shoved the paper back into the center of the table. "There we go."

Jason: Oh what to do in this little circus being organized? If he signed up for the drinks table at the very least he would be able to thwart attempts made to spike the drinks but then here was the downside of serving people. That wouldn't do at all. Decorations? Well at least they would be done beforehand and if he was feeling especially lazy he could just fake some.

Ju: Ju grabbed the paper and scribbled on it, about to push it back when she realised she'd written it in Korean. "Oops." She put the English spelling beside it. "My bad."

Rahne: Rahne pulled the paper to her and very carefully signed up for the decorations at least ... her handwriting still looked like a mess though, damn claws ...

ProfOroro: "Is there anything you guys would like to do in particular?"

Ju: Ju chewed her lip as she tried to think of different things to do. "I'm drawing a blank at the moment, Monroe-sama. But I haven't slept in like, 24 hours."

Cessily: "I think I'll definitely want to do something with music. Like, playing my violin or the piano." Cessily smiled and glanced around. "Perhaps others would like to join me."

Jason: Jason had possible answers but he was sure it wasn't exactly in the 'spirt' of this festival. He quickly scribbled his name down for decorations though and passed the paper along.

Rahne: "I would ... bu' I ain't gonna be here ..." dispite that she smiled, she'll be on her honeymoon as Mrs. Creed!

ProfOroro: "Well, perhaps you could make a large card for everybody to sign so when you get back, you can read it?"

ProfOroro: "That sounds quite nice, Cessily."

Ju: "Um....do you think Forge- I mean Professor Forge - could help with my hand before then?" She smiled shily at Cess. "I can play the violin - not as well as you – but...."

Cessily: "Thank you." Cessily grinned a bit and played with her hair again.

Rahne: Rahne smoothed down the fur on her bare arms thoughtfully, "Hmmm ... tha' sounds nice ... mebby tha can be wha' Vic an' me can do."

Jason: Well, if he was forced to partake in this Jason supposed he could play the piano. He wasn't about to volunteer anything, however.

Rahne: "Suck's though ... one year tha ain't any drama or I;m actually here we're doin' somethin' big ... yer'd bes' take alotta pictures fer me an' I'm lookin' at yer Cess."

Cessily: "Sure, no problem." She giggled. "As if there's any doubt that I wouldn't take tons of pictures. Oh, that gives me another idea. How about making a picture collage? Or a memory book for the event? That would be sweet."

ProfOroro: "Excellent idea!"

ProfOroro: "Sign up for it, then."

Cessily: Cessily turned to Ju. "It's still some time until Christmas. And I'm sure that Forge will be able to help you until then." She grinned at her roomie. "Really? You play violin, too? Wow, that's fantastic. We so have to play together sometime."

Ju: Ju nodded, looking down. "My sister Kim taught me....but it's been a while since I was able to so I'll be a little rusty..."

Cessily: "All right." She took the paper again and wrote her ideas next to her name. "There. I'm sure there will be some things more that I'll add later."

Cessily: "Aww, I'm sure you're still good at it. And hey, I'd love to teach you a few tricks." Cessily nodded. "I mean, as soon as Professor Forge helped you."

Rahne: Rahne chewed her lip in thought, "Didn't yer try an' set up a school band? Mebby we shoul' give tha' another go? I'm pretty good on tha keyboard an' usin' mixin' software ..."

Cessily: "Hm, yes, the band thing." Cessily nodded slowly. "Well, it wasn't actually planned as a school band back then. But I'd love to start something like this again. I was in my high school band back then and loved it. It's a great idea."

Jason: Jason had completely lost interest in what was going on around him and was staring off into space. He wondered if they were done planning and he could slip away. He didn't really feel like drawing any attention though so decided he could set it out.

Rahne: "Tha' sounds like an awesome idea ... mebby we coul' practice some carols o' somethin'?"

Cessily: "Yes! And no doubt Howlett would let us have any instruments we night need for that." Cessily bounced a little on her chair and looked around the room. "Anyone else want to help form a school band?"

Jason: Now that was a horrible idea. Jason kept his mouth firmly shut in case any noise would be taken as an affirmative.

Ju: "Yeah!! I'd so totally go for that!!" Ju bounced.

Rahne: "Mebby we shoul' put up posters? Do it like a proper school club?"

Cessily: "Sweet!" Cessily beamed at Ju. "Come on! Anyone else? Think of all the fun, and the music, and the fame and the girls!" She looked at the new guy. "Hey, Jason, do you play an instrument, too?"

Cessily: "Oh, posters, that's a good idea." Cessily nodded eagerly.

Raya: "I can't really play anything musical...I just sing." Raya said quietly, looking at her lap. It wasn't that she was normally this shy, but everyone seemed to be so much more...informed. She felt like she was so behind on everything.

Rahne: "Trus' yer to be jus' in it fer tha groupies," Rahne said with a slight smirk.

Ju: Ju bounced. "Oooh, I could help you with that software, Rahne!! Like - oh!! I can upgrade everything!! For free!!"

Jason: "Just piano." Jason regretted not lying the second he had answered. He wasn't sure this was something he wanted sucked into.

Cessily: "Really? That's wonderful!" Cessily beamed a grin at Jason. "I play the piano, too. Actually, my parents made me learn it when I was a kid. Same with the violin. But I found out that I loves to make music. I guess it's my favourite hobby besides photography. Do you like to play? Oh, maybe we could play together sometime. No? That would be much fun, I'm sure."

Rahne: "Free? Free is good ... oh another musician!" She smiled at Jason, "It's weird to thin' tha back when Vic an' me firs' started we were tha only musicians, we had all tha music rooms to ourselves."

Cessily: Cessily giggled at Rahne. "Hey, how did you find out? Well, I did have some groupies back in high school." She posed a little on her chair.

Ju: Ju grinned. "This is going to be awesome!! Hey, Raya, do you play anything?"

Raya: Raya smiled at Jason slightly. "It must be fun, learning how to play that." She wasn't entirely sure what part in a band she would be applicable for. "No, I don't. I just sing." She answered Ju. "I never learned an instrument."

Jason: "I don't do too much playing really." Actually Jason was fairly sure that the only reason his family had decided to ship him off to piano lessons when he was little was so they would have an emergency piano player for inhouse funerals. He was paid for it though so that was all good and well.

Ju: "You sing? That's cool too!" Ju smiled. "A band needs a singer too."

Rahne: “I bet yer did, Cessily Kincaid," Rahne said dryly.

Cessily: "Ooh, yeah, I think that would be great. You could sing, Raya." Cessily nodded.

Raya: Raya started to smile back and stopped. "I don't know that I'd do too well with a band."

Ju: "Well, you can all practice together and see." Ju grinned. "And I can help with the posters and getting more people to join in, yeah?"

Cessily: Cessily shrugged as she looked back at Rahne. "Well, I got dropped out of the band after my change. And out of school in general afterwards. I didn't have much groupies after that." She smiled a little. "I can tell you it's great to feel beautiful again. No?"

Rahne: Rahne blushed a little, "Aye .. it does, believe me."

Raya: She shrugged. "I've never really performed with anybody, or for anyone." Raya caught Cessily's comment about feeling beautiful and nearly sighed. Beautiful wasn't something she'd ever felt, really. She rubbed the end of the shayla between her fingertips like a worry stone.

Cessily: Her smile widened a little and she nodded at Rahne. "Yes, I understand."

Rahne: She smiled back, "I know yer do ..."

Jason: Things are getting a bit cloying in here. Jason nearly felt like gagging truth be told. This was also getting close to getting that horrible song from West Side Story crammed into his head. The last thing he needed was to be going "I feel pretty" all day.

Raya: Raya scooted a little closer to Jason, who at least wasn't talking about beauty. "Maybe...do you think I could do pottery at the festival? Maybe a demonstration..." Raya shrugged. At least she knew how to do that.

Jason: "I wouldn't see why not. At the very least it would create projectiles if things got out of hand, wouldn't it?"

Ju: Ju looked between Rahne and Cess, then at Raya and Jason, before going back to working out what she could do...options might be limited by her hand, but damnit, she'd try.

Jason: Okay, so throwing pots was a horrible pun. It was also a promising activity.

Raya: Raya scratched her neck. "True. don't know what I'd make, though..." She bit the inside of her cheek in thought. "I guess I can't really do anything social, when I think about it."

Jason: "Well, I've never been much on doing 'anything social' myself so we can stay in that boat I suppose."

Raya: Raya smiled at that. "Do you know how to operate a kiln? Maybe you can help me do pottery to sell...?" She asked him. He sounded interesting...if a bit reclusive. Not that that was a problem.

Jason: Hmm, playing with rather hot ovens. Well, that sounded like an experience. "Can't say as I do but no reason I wouldn't be able to figure it out I suppose."

Raya: "It's easy. Set a temperature, and push the on button." Raya smiled shyly at him. "You might even learn how to throw pottery on a wheel."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

4/11 Game: Winter Fest Festivities

Post by Slarti »

:shifty