What If...: Mass Effect Universe

A section for all the stories we can't tell within the game, but still kick ass! Anything goes!
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

What If...: Mass Effect Universe

Post by Chaos » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:37 am

Welcome to the Mass Effect Universe!

This What If is based on the idea that our students had no powers and existed in the Mass Effect universe; whether they work for the Alliance in N7 Special Ops, excavate alien ruins on far away planets to help Cerberus dominate the universe, steal cargo from civilians for the Eclipse Mercenaries or read poetry to orphaned Hanar on the Citadel, feel free to write whatever you like!

This universe, at the moment, is not concerned with any canon ME characters or events: so as of yet, no Reapers, and no Commander Shepard. Other than that, the politics, the technology and the blue titties are yours for the messing around with!

Have fun!

(( I want to point out that this is, in part, a present for Scumfish. Happy Birthday, bud. And many, many more. :) ))
Last edited by Chaos on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Re: What If...: Mass Effect Universe

Post by Chaos » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:38 am

<Eddie> Sipping some more of his drink, Eddie glanced over at the bar, leaning back in his chair, "You know, for a dealer, I thought he'd be....I don't know...", he tapped the glass against his brow, "...I guess more scabby looking.", he smirked, placing the glass back down on the table and adjusting his jacket.

<Eddie> The cool feeling of the two Carnifex hand-cannons inside his jacket gave Eddie a reassuring feeling as he adjusted his collar, unbuttoning another button on his shirt to cool himself down, "Jesus, you think these blue-skins could afford air-con. Shiiiit...."

<Tox> "He's a dealer, he'll afford the best." He plinked his glass, head propped on his other hand. "And I don't how what you're complaining about. I'm perfectly fine." So said the Quarian in the suit, the vaguest ghost of a smile visible through the green visor.

<Tox> "Maybe they just want your clothes off. You know what the Asari's like." To'sik plinked his glass again, resisting the urge to kick Eddie under the table. Just 'cause.

<Eddie> "That is literally the gayest thing I ever heard anyone say.", Eddie laughed, "Maybe you want my clothes off, eh? Hehehe...", he shook his head, "Man, you Geeks have it easy in your suits; never too hot, never too cold.", he glanced over at the man again, "Huh...he likes his drinks..."

<Tox> "Sure, if you want the guy who watches your back to die of exposure, Eddie." He snorted. "Besides, humans look funny." He picked up his glass and took a drink, eyes going to the man in question. "Probably had a good deal and is drinking the profit, as they do."

<Tox> He shifted a little, adjusting his green and black suit. "You say that, but I bet one day in one of these and you'll be begging for escape, huh?"

<Eddie> Eddie nodded, "I do prefer to be able to have my dick sucked, I won't lie.", he joked, watching the man out of the corner of his eye start walking out, "Hm....there he goes. Follow him?"

<Tox> "Probably best, if you want to catch him, and you are gross." To'sik shuddered a little, shaking his head. "After you, and try not to blow anything up this time..."

<Eddie> With a smirk, Eddie stood, adjusting his jacket and giving the Asari girl passing by a cheeky wink, "Off we pop, 'Sik.", he strolled over to the door casually, shadowing the suited man.

<Tox> "Bosh'tet." Was muttered in reply, the Quarian standing and picking up his gun to sling onto his back. "You want me up high? Might not catch anything from you then, slick."

<Eddie> "Probably best.", Eddie nodded in reply, walking down the street with his hands in his pockets casually, leaving To'sik behind and checking his radio, making it look like a quick scratch of the ear, ["Sync?"]

<Tox> ["Sync."] It took him moments to find away up, and less effort to catch up with the target. ["He's in no hurry, and you haven't got crowds in the way. Moving ahead a little."]

<Eddie> Eddie continued following, confident that To'sik was close by - having a shadow-operative seemed so natural nowadays. The suited man continued walking for a few minutes, suddenly taking a little side-stop, slipping down an alley some way away, "Ah, here we go..."

<Tox> ["On him, though I think he's on to you, slick."] He activated his cloak, following the man easily. ["Moving fast. Must be your smell, told you to shower."]

<Eddie> "Asshole...", Eddie grinned, following him into the alley after a moment or two, and seeing a door creak closed. He jogged over to it, stepping inside and glancing around. "Huh....", he hummed to himself, casually walking in, "...some kinda warehouse.", he muttered into the mic, listening for movement.

<Eddie> With a smirk, Eddie walked into the middle of the floor. "Come on out, y' damn scumbags...", he sighed, as five men stepped out, surrounding him.

<Tox> To'sik sighed into the mic. ["Showoff. Coming down, I'll see if I can find him while you entertain yourself."] He'd been moving as he said that, and one of the five men suddenly ended up with a headshot.

<Tox> ["...Oops, trigger finger slipped. Have fun."]

<Eddie> The remaining four men drew for their weapons, "WHOA: hey, hey, hey, wait!", Eddie raised his hands, the men aimed their weapons, but did stop, "Good....", he folded his arms, and in one fluid movement, drew the Carnifex hand-cannons from his pockets, crouching and opening fire on the four men. In four loud bangs, the men were fallen.

<Eddie> "Heh, not even close...", Eddie smirked to himself, spotting the suited man in the shadows, "HEY!", he raised both his weapons as the man darted into another corridor, "Damnit: 'Sik! Let's get 'em!"

<Tox> ["On it-Krogan! He's got krogan guards, slick."] To'sik was hiding, one of his omni-tools out. One of the krogan swore as his tech overloaded, tearing his helmet off.

<Eddie> Eddie kicked down the door that was almost slammed in his face, coming face-to-face with a Krogan on his level, too. He ducked the beast's clawhammer swing, jumping forwards and rolling, turning himself around and unloading his guns into its sheilded body. The blasts eventually dispersed the sheilding, causing the Krogan to roar in rage.

<Eddie> "Jesus, fucking Blood Pack mercs...", he spat, leaping behind a series of crates as the Krogan charged in a blood rage.

<Tox> To'sik was having his own issues. The two knew he was here now, just not where, and his cloak would only stay operational so long as he didn't do anything beyond hacking. He thought for a moment, then pulled something out of a pouch.

<Tox> "Keelah se'lai." He muttered, before turning, throwing the object and ducking as his cloak failed. The blinking object stuck to the helmetless Krogan's headplate, beeped a couple of times and then exploded, leaving burnt out armour on the floor. The other one roared. ["One down. How're you doing?"]

<Eddie> Thermal clips exhausted, and with no time to pop them, Eddie dropped his two hand-cannons and rolled backwards as the Krogan he faced swung his weapon. With a ear-splitting crash, it embedded itself into a steel crate, causing its wielder to growl with frustration.

<Eddie> Eddie stood, rushing forward and leaping up towards his aggressor, activating his Omni-Blade bayonet and slamming it in between the Krogan's plates. The blade slid down as it heated itself, gouging out the eye of the Krogan before it pulled its hammer free, tearing Eddie off from his hold and slamming him against another crate.

<Tox> ["Painfully."] To'sik winced at the sounds over the comm, but didn't worry too much. The human was nothing if not resilient. Him, on the other hand... he pulled out the Eagle and clipped in the cryo ammo, crouched back against a crate. This was why he preferred life as a sniper. Sighing, he boosted himself over the crate, shot the krogan twice and flung himself at it, omni-blade out and starting to burn-

<Tox> -Only to be slammed against the wall by the iced-up merc's backhand. He slid down it, dared, trying to clear his head as his suit Al warned him of a breach. As the slowed krogan reached to pick him up, though, he grabbed its wrist and slammed the blade between its legs. "Burn, bitch." He grinned as it went up in flames. "Oh bosh'tet, there's no cream for that."

<Eddie> Standing, bruised and bloodied, Eddie stumbled over to his weapons, picking them up and ejecting the thermal clips, raising them both on the Krogan's back - regardless of the incineration, he opened fire on it, blasting its armor and flesh apart. Eventually, he ceaced firing, leaning against the crates and sliding down, "Fuckin' A....", he grinned, wincing.

<Tox> The breach was contained, the suit compartmentalised for such occasions, but he could already feel the start of a fever. Panting a little, he brought up his omni-tool. "You know..." He started conversationally. "I'd like one mission where I don't have a suit breach. Just one. Target's headed further down, still in the building. Also I hate you and you smell funny."

<Eddie> "And you're an ugly shit...", Eddie grinned in reply, looking down his shirt at the injuries he had as they started to heal, "...dayum, that's fucking gross...", he smirked, wincing at the pain, "Medi-Gel's so overrated.", he stood with a groan, turning to the door behind them,

<Eddie> "I need to follow that target....", he looked back at To'sik, "...are you alright? You look.....kinda green around the gills. N-no pun intended. This time."

<Tox> "You've never seen me without the suit, what you're calling ugly's your reflection, idiot." To'sik pushed himself up, checking the breach. It wasn't big, and a dose of antibiotics would sort him. "Suit breach, got a fever and feel like someone's kicked me in the stomach. Come on, slick, worried about me? Get moving." Still, Eddie got a nudge with an elbow.

<Eddie> Eddie laughed a little, "Gay as hell...", he muttered as they approached and stepped through the next door. "Wow...", he announced at the sheer ammount of Red Sand that was bagged and being shoved into a box by the suited man, "....so! Hey again, we killed a few people so you might need a cleaner.",

<Eddie> He raised his guns, "I suggest you bend over reeeeeal far and kiss your ass goodbye, 'cause you're going away for a long time, biatch..."

<Eddie> The man turned around slowly, activating his Omni-tool, "This whole building is rigged to blow if I push this button", he waved his arm at the two.

<Tox> "Oh that's nice. Real nice." To'sik sighed. If it were up to him, the guy would be dead already, but Eddie...well... he sighed, muttering under his breath. "I'm no engineer, slick, can't hack that fast."

<Eddie> Eddie growled in frustration, lowering the weapons, "....alright, alright....", he sighed, smirking suddenly and raising his right hand, releasing a bullet into the man's abdomen. He cried out in pain and fell down behind the table he was working at.

<Eddie> "'Bree, bree', motherfucker...", he smirked, stepping over to the table and slipping his weapons away.

<Tox> "Why didn't you shoot him in the head? You should have just shot him in the head. Less whining." A couple of seconds later and the guy's omni-tool was dead. "Ugh. Can we go now?"

<Eddie> "I need him alive, remember? He's not worth much to the Alliance dead.", Eddie sighed, typical To'sik, right there. He approached the guy's bleeding body, administering Medi-Gel somewhat reluctantly before he noticed his own picking up strange readings, "...erm...", he managed before a bleeping sound filled the room, "...'Sik?"

<Tox> "Oh for the love of-grab him and run, that's not friendly!" He picked up a bag of Red Sand to sample. "Must have it rigged so if it registered a wound-why are you still here?! Run!"

<Eddie> Eddie stood, grabbing the man's body and lifting him, darting for the nearest door as he heard the first explosives go off. He couldn't have made it more than two meters outside before the building blew, sending him flying into the air and landing with a terrible crash as the debris rained down around him.

<Tox> There was a squeak as To'sik rolled under the nearest sturdy thing and cowered, swearing in his own language as the building came down. Rubble came down on his leg, the VI telling him calmly of breaches. "I know! l can feel them! I swear, slick, if you're still alive I'm going to kill you! Slick? Talk to me!"

<Eddie> The ringing in Eddie's ears took a moment to stop. He sat up slowly, coughing as dust and smoke filled his lungs. "I'm here, buttercup!", he called out, rolling to one side and looking at the man's body. A girder that had been caught in the blast was broke off in his chest. "....damnit...", he sighed.

<Eddie> Eddie blinked at the sound of sirens also, "Seriously!?", he hissed, the last thing he needed was Asari police.

<Tox> To'sik looked down at his pinned leg. Oooh, that was broken. "Oh good, I can kill you then, darling." He was starting to feel woozy, not a good sign. "Is he dead? It he isn't, I'll kill the bosh'tet myself."

<Eddie> "Oh, he is SO dead, it isn't even funny.", Eddie frowned, standing up and stumbling a little, "Listen, can you get up? I need you to get outta here: one of us needs to escape this...", he approached the man's body and drew his Omni-blade again, carving off his left forearm. "Also, I need you to take something with you...."

<Tox> "Broken leg, but I've had worse." He used his own twin blades to cut the rubble from his leg. "Oh hell, wrap it first, I'm sick enough as it is." He pulled himself up, pulling a face. "Cloak's still good. Meet you back at Citadel, princess?"

<@Eddie> Eddie nodded, approaching him with the arm, "Citadel. Here.", he handed To'sik the arm, "Take this, get the Omni-Tool data and find me that information.", he adjusted his shirt and jacket, drawing his sidearms, "I'll meet you in Chora's, eh?", he smirked wryly, "Hate being arrested..."

<Tox> To'sik held the severed limb gingerly. "You're buying, and I want an N7 suit for this, slick." His voice was edged in distaste. "Fine. Just... make sure you get out of this, can't afford your bail this time." He shimmered and disappeared, but the muttering Quarian could still be tracked by voice as he hobbled out.

<@Eddie> With a final smirk, Eddie turned to face the blaring sirens as the Asari police force's veichles landed and hovered around him. Their armed response unit were deployed, pinning their rifle crosshairs on him as he raised his hands above his head as the voice booming over the megaphone told him to.

<@Eddie> Falling to his knees, Eddie dropped his guns lazilly in his hands, keeping them up with his fingers before they were taken and he was pushed down into the dirt, shackled by the authorities as their commanding officer approached, looking on Eddie's smiling face with distaste.

<@Eddie> "Damned Humans...", she sighed, blue skin seeming to glow in the sunlight, "Alright, get him out of here: this is a story I'm dying to hear...."

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:04 am

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Oh this makes me so happy! :clap
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"

Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Chaos » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:29 am

-

“Edward Charles Brock, Major, Alliance Military, N7 Special Operations, serial number: November, seven, dash, three, four, three, dash, zero, seven, dash, Echo, Charlie, Bravo.”, Eddie sighed, leaning back casually in the chair he was being interviewed in. “C-can I have my call? S'just we've been here an hour and I kinda want my call...”

The Asari officer questioning him looked like she was holding in a fury that could break a planet in two. She took a deep breath and sighed, venting her frustrations as she re-read the damage assessment from the storage warehouse. “So, you were pursuing a single Red Sand dealer for the Alliance?”, she asked him, sounding bewildered at the very thought, “You, of course, realize that while on Thessia you have no jurisdiction to carry out your investigation.”, she smirked a little cruelly as Eddie sighed at that comment. The dark haired human leaned forward, resting his arms on the interview room table and looked up into the Asari's eyes,

“Listen, Buttercup...”, he said, as calmly as he could, “...this is bigger than the police: I'm investigating something important for the Alliance, and I need your co-operation...”

“Co-operation!?”, the Asari spat with a laugh, “After you level a storage block based on the fact you're conducting an investigation which you're 'not at liberty to disclose'?”, she shook her head, “You'll have no such thing if you're not even going to be up front with the details, Mister Brock.”

“Major.”

What?”

“My title. It's Major.”, Eddie explained, “Now, look here, I need-...”

“You need to start giving me satisfactory answers, and quit with the condescending tone!”, the Asari snapped, “We found the dealer, Mister Iraqois Lechiffe, missing his left forearm: can you explain that?”

Eddie shrugged, “Preeeetty sure I mentioned an explosion? O-or you did...I can't recall. But you probably had a better view of it than me.”, he smirked sarcastically, much to her annoyance.

“The wound was cauterized, as if cut by a heated blade. Maybe a standard issue military grade Omni-Tool bayonet?”, she paused to give Eddie time to answer. He, instead, just maintained eye contact and an uncomfortable silence for a few minutes. Eventually, the Asari sighed, “....fine. You leave me no choice: you'll be kept in custody here until we can speak to the Human Embassy and decide what to do with you...”

Eddie sighed, rubbing his face with one hand, “...yep.”, he yawned. The Asari growled in frustration a little at his nonchalant reaction to her sentence, eventually deciding she needed to be as far away from this Human as possible.

“One more thing before you go.”, he announced as the door opened. The Asari looked over her shoulder at him, eyes glaring coolly.

“What.”, she said, moreso than asked.

Eddie leaned back in his chair again, “How about that phone call?”

Without a word, the Asari slowly turned and left the room. Eddie blinked, sighing and leaning back on the table. “Huh...must've had a bad day.”, he mused to himself, a smug grin reforming on his face.

-

Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Chaos » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:20 am

<Claar'is> The other Asari gave the purple skinned woman walking down the hallway wary looks. Unlike the lightly armoured commandos who made up the bulk of Thessia's police force, this woman was more heavily armoured with a custom green paintjob over the top. She reached the cell and sighed, running a hand over her dyed pink fringe and hit unlock.

<Claar'is> "Alright, Edward, let's move," she told the man inside, arms crossed over her chest, green eyes narrowed on him.

<@Eddie> Eddie looked up, opening his eyes and smirking. He was sat on the bed in the cell, comfortably resting, "Oh, we're just leaving? But I was so comfy in here - gotta love the care you people put into your prisons!"

<Claar'is> Claar'is tutted, "You know I'm a colony kid, is that any way to speak to the girl who's just hauled your butt out of the fire again?" She stood to the side, "I'm seriously looking forwards to the day when you and the human Alliance pay me back for this."

<@Eddie> Standing up, Eddie shrugged, "That day may well never come.", he said, walking out of the cell, "Y-you know, for me anyway: how ever could I repay you?", he grinned, approaching her and standing almost intimately close, "....well, if you were ever interested, I could think of a few ways..."

<Claar'is> The nozzle of Claar'is's golden M-11 Wraith was suddenly pressed up under Eddie's chin and she smirked playfully, "Oh no, we've been down that road before, Edward, you can embrace someone else's eternity, mmm'kay?" She holstered her shotgun, "come on, let's go get your stuff and vamoose."

<@Eddie> "God, you are just no fun anymore...", Eddie smirked awkwardly, backing away, "But as you wish...", he turned and proceeded down the hallway, "So, what's my punishment? I'll go ahead and assume this little incident hardly reached Asari Governmental hierarchy."

<Claar'is> "It very nearly caused a diplomatic incident between the Human Systems Alliance and the Asari Matriarchs," Claar'is admitted, "Luckily whatever it was that was on that Optical Storage Device your Quarian buddy brought back to the citadel was enough to get the Citadel Council to intervene, they wanna question you personally."

<Claar'is> They arrived at the duty officers desk and Claar'is rapped on it with her fist, "My compainions personal effects, please," the duty officer gave her a dark look but went to retrieve Eddie's things with an "Of course, Spectre."

<@Eddie> Eddie was still shaking his head, "Unbe-fucking-lievable...", he sighed, "It was THAT bad. Shit...", he bit his lip, "Still, if 'Sik found something juicy at least it means I won't be spending the next eight months rotting in an Alliance jail cell facing a court marshal.", scratching his head, he smiled as the duty officer placed his box on the desk.

<@Eddie> "Tell you what, you can't blow up anything without upsetting someone nowadays...", he snickered, taking his weapon holsters and strapping them on atop his shirt, "Damn, I miss the old days: war with the Batarians, merc hunting...why did I leave Venom Company again?",

<Claar'is> "I dunno, something to do with Admiral Xavier's N7 recommendation?" Claar'is laughed, leading the way out of the Asari cells.

<@Eddie> "Not like I could say no to him.", Eddie grinned back, sliding his jacket on over his clothes and concealing his weapons. He remained silent until they got outside, taking a breath of fresh air, "....can I ask you something personal?", he looked back at Claar'is.

<Claar'is> "You can, whether I answer it or not is something else entirely," she quipped, hailing a sky cab.

<@Eddie> For a moment, Eddie considered the question and how to ask it in his head, "...why didn't it work between you and me?", he sighed after asking the question, "I-I just mean....I don't know, it never really clicked for me I suppose."

<Claar'is> "Hmmm," Claar'is frowned thoughtfully, "I dunno, it was just a bit of fun Eddie, but I'm still in the Maiden stage, not ready for anything serious ... plus i'm a Spectre now, I need to concentrate on my word. It's not always as fun as the spy vids make it out to be y'know."

<@Eddie> "W-well....yeah, but...", he stopped, there wasn't really anything to say back, "...nah, you're right. I'm just being childish about it - hell, I said it myself: 'one time'.", Eddie laughed wryly, "I-it's nothing. Seriously. Just...wanted clarification, you know?"

<@Eddie> "L-let's change the subject.", Eddie continued, "Why'd you come out here to help? They could have sent anyone, right? I get the impression that the Council might actually be nice to me if they're willing to send an old friend...", he pointed at the sky cab as it descended, "Or was it voluntary?"

<Claar'is> "Oh, voluntary," the asari chuckled, "I was curious to see exactly what you'd managed to do to annoy people this time, even if it did mean a trip to the Homeworld. The spaceport, please." She said as she climbed in.

<@Eddie> Eddie climbed in after her, "Can't be that bad being back here, can it? And to be honest, I'm kinda glad it's you and not some random Salarian with a stick up his arse..."

<Claar'is> "I hate Thessia," Claar'is wrinkled her nose, "My dad was Turian and we lived in a Turian colony, Asari are so ... snobby compared to them," the cabbie shot her a filthy look but she ignored it.

<@Eddie> "Pfft: awkward...", Eddie muttered, "You always did seem happier coming back from places like Palven. That said, you fit in pretty well in Omega, too.", he chuckled, suddenly realizing that he was bringing it up again, "How are we getting to the Citadel, anyway? Did the Matriarchs requisition you a ship of your own?"

<@Eddie> "I am seriously not riding civilian transport, am I?", he shuddered.

<Claar'is> She shot him a deadpan look, "You do remember who you're talking too. Of course I have my own ship, she's called the Blackbird, Turian frigate, top of the line."

<@Eddie> Eddie looked genuinely impressed, "Woah, when did you make Captain?"

<Claar'is> "Since Spectre's need their own ships, she's a private vessel," Claar'is explained as the skycab pulled up outside the port and she handed a credit chit to the cabbie as the disembarked.

<@Eddie> "Wish I had my own ship.", Eddie commented, following Claar'is out and across to the spaceport: "So, do I get my own room? Or am I bunking with whoever cleans the FTL couplings?"

<Claar'is> "I did say 'frigate' and not 'holiday cruiser' right?" She grinned, "Don't worry, Screwy'll sort you out with something in the crew's quarters."

<@Eddie> Eddie sighed again, this time with more mirth, "Faaaantastic.", he shrugged, "Ah, well: maybe the Embassy will afford me some comfort.", he gestured towards the dry docks, "After you, 'Captain'(!)", he joked.
Last edited by Chaos on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:23 am

Eddie is such a shit XD
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art

Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Chaos » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:01 pm

And Mass Effect Universe happened. And nothing about Eddie changed. Le end.

PsychoKez056
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PsychoKez056 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:42 pm

<@Tosik> To'sik groaned, curled on his side on the bed, in a soft suit rather than his infil one. He was shivery, feverish and all flavours of bunged up, a pathetic sniffle escaping him. Which was fine, because if he hadn't had antibiotics when he did he'd possibly be dead now.
<@Tosik> Took down two Krogan only to be killed by a cold. Oh, the shame of it all. He was going to kill Brock.

<Nori> There was a bit of a commotion outside, someone apparently didn't one to be brought into hospital at all and was arguing loudly against it and trying to assure the doctors she was infact fine. However after afew minutes she was brought in anyway.
<Nori> The short and grumbling Asari was placed onto the bed and the nurses started fussing over her until she was settled and bandages, eventually leaving her so the pain meds would kick in.

<@Tosik> "Can the noise, some of us are trying not to die here." The croaky voice of the Quarian muttered. "Keelah, my head..." He sniffled.

<Nori> Groaning she shifted in her pillows as it was a public ward there was 6 bed in the room although they seemed to be the only occupants. The Asari was a mess of bandages and bruises, although most of the colour came from her vivid stripy marking adorning her face and obviously dyed over.
<Nori> "How on earth did you get so messed up Quarian?" Raising an eyebrow at the curled up guy (or girl voice was high enough right now)

<@Tosik> "Taking on a pair of krogan mercs. You should've seen the other guys." There was the impression of a grin before he groaned again. "Suit breaches are bitches. At least I'm out of the clean room though." His voice broke on the last word, going from croaky to his normal deep for a moment.
<@Tosik> "How about you, asari?"

<Nori> "There was a .... hover car accident, you should've seen the other car, apparently the other driver was quite a mess." The word accident didn't sound as though it was the right word to be using there, especially from the little grin on her bruised face.

<@Tosik> "Mine's better." To'sik smirked behind the visor. "Easy to crash a car, harder to trash two mercs and survive several breaches." With a severed limb too, but he wasn't mentioning that. He hoped Eddie was okay.

<Nori> "Yes yours is better by far. At least I'm just burnt and fractured no actual breaks apparently." Smiling she lay back and relaxed into the painkillers, all she had to do now was get out of here before they started asking questions. "...Wait! I wasn't the one that crashed thank you very much, someone crashed into me!"

<@Tosik> "Suuure you weren't." He sniffled again, coughing as the machine unloaded another set of antibiotics into his skin. "Oh, the broken leg wasn't the mercs, that was when a building dropped on me."

<Nori> "Hmph!" Pouting a little she eyed up the Quarian suspiciously. "What was the building doing coming down on you in the first place?"

<@Tosik> "Explosives have a habit of doing that, have you noticed?" To'sik grinned. "Apparently the guy the mercs worked for wasn't impressed with them dying. Urg."

<Nori> "Ah explosives my old enemy and apparently yours to." Giggling a little before the nurse came in and gave her some of the sterile wipes to start cleaning herself off with and get rid of the blood. "Me and explosions had a long and complicated history, however they just won't take the hint."

<@Tosik> "I like them, when they do as they're told. These ones weren't mine, though." He pushed himself up to sitting, swearing quietly to himself. "Anyway, To'sik nar Qwib Qwib, pleased to meet you, feel free to laugh at the name."

<Nori> ".....Pleased to meet you to." She didn't laugh but it sounded like she wanted to. "No ship name, you one your pilgrimage then?" There was a quiet moment until she remembered to add her own name. "Norai A'shi."

<@Tosik> "Yeah, having too much fun to return yet. Not my idea to be born on that ship, they've been trying to get the name changed for years." He chuckled. "To be honest, I want my own ship."

<Nori> "I don't blame you, personally I just want to find a nice city planet to live on and get a stable job and..." She gave in. "Who am I kidding adventures all the way. And I can see why they want the name changed."

<@Tosik> "Eh, haven't found anything useful for the Fleet yet either. No point going back yet." He shrugged. "So adventures for me. Doing work for the Alliance, funnily enough." Not that he could talk about it much.

<Nori> Norai made a dismissive noise at the idea of working for the government, after all how could that be fun? "Adventures are always good, I don't want my own ship but I would like to travel where I want to without having to continuously fight for places on others ships."

<@Tosik> "I'm happy enough right now. I get shoot people in the head and-ugh." He coughed. "Get sick from suit exposure. Listen, it was great meeting you and all, but I need to sleep this off. Wake me up if a bosh'tet human male comes in, trust me you'll know who I mean." He lay down, back to the other occupant.

Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Chaos » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:32 pm

<Eddie> Eddie pulled off his shirt, lazily rolling it up and tossing it aside as he inspected his body in the mirror. The wounds he'd sustained had healed up mostly, save for some bruising and minor scarring. His hands traced along some of the more intricate scars on his body: seemingly patterned lines cut into his flesh at strategic points.

<Eddie> Hardened bone-weave modification, heightened regenerative capabilities, tightened skin-weave. He listed them in his head and frowned a little as he traced along one large line along his left arm that lead up to his neck, stopping at the N7 tattoo on his shoulder.

<Liza> "Now that's a nice view," a woman's voice piped up from the doorway.

<Eddie> With a sigh, Eddie turned around, blinking at the sight of the woman before standing to attention and saluting, "Commander on deck.", he announced, straightening his back and trying not to awkwardly look down at his bare chest in embarrassment.

<Liza> The woman laughed, "At easy, Major, this isn't an Alliance ship after all. I'm Liza Maloney, the executive officer of the Blackbird, though a lot of folks call me Screwball," she smirked, holding out the pile of clothes in her arms, "Brought you some fresh threads,"

<Eddie> "O-oh, erm...yeah.", he nodded, trying not to blush a little as his shoulders sank back to being casual. Eddie approached her and took the clothes, stepping back to his bunk and throwing on the white vest of the set. He spun around, pulling his tags out from inside the vest and letting them dangle down in sight. "Thank you, ma'a-....thanks."

<Liza> "No worries," Liza smiled, "so, you settling in alright?"

<Eddie> Eddie nodded again, "Yeah, I suppose so. Given the....well...circumstances.", he smirked a little, running a finger along another complex maze of scars along his right hand and forearm, "Avoided a court marshal, according to Captain F-...Claar'is.", he corrected himself.

<Liza> "She doesn't really see herself as a Captain," Liza admitted, "she's not really all that clued up on how to run a ship. That's why I stepped in to give her a hand."

<Eddie> "So would you say you're the brains of this Op?", he asked, sitting down on his bunk.

<Liza> "Not to her face," Liza laughed again, leaning against the doorway, "She's an excellent fighter and surprisingly sweet but doesn't know jack about ships. It was a bit of a learning curve for me too if I'm honest, Turian vessel and all."

<Eddie> "You did serve in the Alliance then?", Eddie smiled, "How come you were assigned here? Diplomatic relations?"

<Liza> "Honourable discharge," Liza said simply, "there's a reason I stay on the ship these days."

<Eddie> Eddie looked up at her, "Discharged? Why? I-if you don't mind me asking. 'Sir'.", he smirked.

<Liza> "I do mind," she shot him an icy look, "I don't like talking about it."

<Eddie> "Geez....", he sighed under his breath, "Alright, alright: not like I can force you.", Eddie scratched his head awkwardly, ".....so....."

<Liza> "So I'll see you in the mess, dinner's in about two galactic standard hours," she left the room, "Take care, Brock."

<Eddie> Eddie blinked, "...incredible.", he muttered, "Yes, ma'am.", he confirmed with a little salute before sitting up on his bed and lying down. That had been awkward.

Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Chaos » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:55 pm

<Claaris> Claar'is kicked her feet as she sat on the bench outside the hospital, "How long does it even take to discharge someone?" She whined at her drell companion.

<Jak> "Depending on the injury and how horrible the patient was to the staff, can be anything from five minutes to an hour." Jak told his captain.

<Claaris> "What do you think then, Ed?"

<Eddie> Eddie looked up from his game of Angry Birds on his Omni-Tool, "Y'wha? I was....not even paying attention.", he grinned awkwardly, switching the device off, "And knowing 'Sik he probably made out he was more ill than he actually is."

<Tosik> "A long time, when you're a space gypsy and you came in with more weapons than are generally expected." An irritated Quarian voice muttered as a figure in an armoured suit shrugged a weapon box over his shoulder. "Had to prove I hadn't stole anything, and that was after Eddie was done flirting with the nurses."

<Eddie> Standing, Eddie shrugged, "Hey, why change? It's one of my best traits: diplomacy.",

<Tosik> "Hah!" To'sik snorted. "Also, I nearly died for that information, Eddie. Be nicer."

<Claaris> "Ahhh, the famous To'Sik," Claar'is got to her feet, "Claar'is Fer'sun, Council Spectre, and this is Jak, my top engineer."

<Eddie> "Also, there's me, your employer.", Eddie added on the end, folding his arms with a smirk.

<Jak> Jak tilted his head as he typed away on his omni-tool. A slight smirk appeared on his face before he looked up at the ex-patient. "Jak Ohar. Engineer."

<Tosik> To'sik shifted his gun box, sniffed and smacked Eddie on the arm. "Great, we have in-flight entertainment for Blasto here. Pleased to meet you, really, but can we please leave? And I'm more infamous than famous." He looked around.

<Claaris> "I'm all for that, hate hospitals. Jak and I need to shop for parts anyways, right?"

<Eddie> Eddie put his hands behind his head and stretched, "Why can't we ever go shopping for me?", he teased, gesturing away with his head, "This way, buttercup..."

<Tosik> "Because, sweetie, you spend all your credit on-what's the phrase-wine, women and song." To'sik snorted. "And you still haven't said thank you."

<Jak> "My contact recently changed his prices, but it seems he'll be willing to keep his original quote that I asked for if I reprogram his security droid for him." Jak told Claar. "Apparently he thought it wise to install a beta OS on the thing. Keeps wanting to kill him each time he turns it on."

<Eddie> Wandering closer to To'sik, Eddie leaned close to his visor, "Thank you.", he smiled, almost passionately.

<Claaris> "... Genius," Claar'is grinned at the drell

<Tosik> To'sik gave him a little head bump in reply-just to whisper "Thirty thousand in your account, ten cases of Medi-Gel and an upgrade. Don't say I don't do nothing for you."

<Eddie> With a small nod, only visibly relevant if anyone had overheard To'sik's whisper, Eddie played it out, stopping and gently holding To'sik's arms, "No: thank you.", he gently squeezed his friends' arm and leaned close, as if to kiss him, trying to stop himself laughing as he initiated 'gay chicken'.

<Claaris> Claar'is raised an eyebrow at the display before leaning into Jak, "Did I manage to turn a guy gay, you think?"

<Jak> "I'm sorry, captain, I don't speak ill of crewmembers." Jak typed some more on his Omni-tool, sending a message to Claar [Subject: Eddie's bedmate pool; Content: 'Checked up on the betting pool, looks like it's up to a hundred creds so far on who'll he'll sleep with next.']

<Tosik> "Bosh'tet." To'sik murmured back. "I will kill you in your sleep. Slowly. And painfully." Eddie got dipped then. "Besides, you'd give me a rash." With that, he dropped him and carried on walking.

<Eddie> Backing off, Eddie laughed and shook his head, "Not like I'd sleep with a space-gypo anyway!", he pushed To'sik a little.

<Tosik> "What, can't get it up, soldier?" To'sik laughed, before shaking his head at the Spectre. "See what I have to deal with?"

<Eddie> "Psh: not with your kind.", Eddie joked.

<Claaris> The Spectre's only response was to raise an eyebrow and she typed in a quick reply, [My creds are still on Screwball.] "You suffer daily, I see, this your first time on the citadel Tos?"

<Tosik> "Depends." He answered carefully. "Why? And Eddie-why do you have a pet Spectre? Was the data that bad or have you been a naughty boy again?"

<Eddie> Eddie blushed a little at that, looking away, "I-it's a long story. We've....served together before and she wanted to find out why I blew up a warehouse.", he pointed at To'sik's arm, "Turns out the data you got from that guy's Omni-Tool might actually have kept me out of an early retirement, so cheers."

<Claaris> "My, someone's defensive," Claar'is grinned as they reached the lift to the markets, "Served together? Is that what you call it?" She linked arms with Jak as they waited.

<Jak> "Permission to serve under you, Captain?" Jak joked.

<Eddie> "Oh, God...", he muttered, standing in the corner of the elevator and trying not to look as embarrassed as he was.

<Claaris> "Always, Jak," she winked at him.

<Tosik> "Tell me about it some time! Was kinda delirious and dying when I got that data, so can't remember much." He snorted. "Alright, I've been here before. Happy?"

<Eddie> Eddie glanced at the Drell, cutting his eye at him a little: he probably didn't mean anything with that joke but he managed to hit a nerve with the human. "....what are we buying, anyway? I need to head to the embassies..."

<Claaris> "Ship parts and anything else we fancy, if you wanna scuttle off your buddy'll be fine with us," she stepped into the lift.

<Tosik> "New gun mod. My baby needs her thermals seen to-isn't that right, my little girl, yes it is!" To'sik petted the case on his back. "And armour. And food. And I bet I will."

<Eddie> With a grunt, Eddie shrugged again, "Mmn, sure.", he could take a hint: thought it was probably God, and not Claa'ris, who was dropping it, "I'll stay on the lift and ride it back to the Presidium."

<Tosik> "Oooh, Asari, Drell and Quarian. Lemme set my suit to loooove."

<Claaris> "Hey, I'm a classy girl, I never embrace eternity on the first date."

<Eddie> Eddie laughed dryly at that.

<Jak> "Had a scrumptious memory an hour ago of some of that human ramen. Then again, the scrumptious memory was probably more because of the company I had that made the food taste so good."

<Claaris> "Mmmmm darn you, I want ramen now, food stop first?" Claar asked as they rode the lift down.

<Tosik> "Sure, so long as we go somewhere that does Quarian, I am so sick of hospital supplements."

<Claaris> "We can find a nice Turian bistro or something."

<Eddie> Remaining silent, Eddie rested a hand on his stomach: he could go for something to eat, too. Of course, escape from the elevator was his priority.

<Tosik> To'sik saw the look. "I'll save you some, slick." He smirked at him.

<Jak> "Always thought a Turian is the perfect type of species to be a chef. Strict, never say die when a pastry goes wrong, always able to fight his way through a throng of ravaging customers..."

<Eddie> "Don't, I'll get some eats myself.", Eddie assured the Quarian, "I'm a big boy, after all, I can take care of myself.", he smirked a little, trying to put on the joke mantle again.

<Claaris> "None of that hair stuff humans have that might contaminate the food," Claar nodded, "military precision when it comes to portion control ..."

<Tosik> So saying, To'sik ruffled Eddie's hair. "Whatever you say, slick, you know my comm if you forget how to use the Omni-tool, right?"

<Eddie> Eddie moved away, trying not to look to annoyed at the hair ruffle, "Yeah, alright...", he said plainly.

<Jak> "And don't forget the colourful language they can come up with in the kitchen. Never even knew Turians had that many swearwords."

<Claaris> "We'll catch up with you at Chora's Den," Claar said, as the stepped out of the lift, "my father was Turian, allow me to enlighten you to just how many later."

<Tosik> "Then you haven't been to the Turian chef here." To'sik grinned. "Holy hell does he know how to make dextro fast good!"

<Jak> "I do like the entertainment they have on the tables along with the food." Jak admitted.

<Eddie> "Yep, see you kids later.", Eddie said absently, clicking on his Omni-Tool.
Last edited by Chaos on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Chaos » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:25 pm

Eddie drummed his fingers against the table as he waited on the diplomatic representative to arrive. He could feel the eyes of the Turian C-Sec officer pinned on the back of his head, probably judging him (as, in his opinion, Turians were wont to do). He looked over his shoulder, giving the Turian an accusing look which made the taller humanoid roll his eyes and look out the window. Eddie grinned, turning away from the Turian and drumming on the table with his fingers again.

He thought back to when he was speaking with the group: with a low, sad sigh, he considered the conversation – he didn't mean to suddenly turn so cold towards them, but the truth was, Jak's joke got to him. Eddie rubbed his face with his hands as he considered why he'd reacted that way. Maybe he was in love with Claar'is? That gave him a sickly feeling in his heart. Love, hm? But, it would make sense: he never did find it easy putting his feelings into words. Eddie enjoyed fooling around, that was true. His track record wasn't exactly black-spot free. But in her, he thought he saw something different. Something fascinating. Perhaps he was wrong, or, more likely, perhaps he was just upset because for the first time in as long as he could remember, he wanted someone, really wanted someone, and couldn't have them.

Of course, he did have her once. Even if it was for just that night.

The thought of it made Eddie sigh, a familiar warm feeling rising in his chest, though somehow hurting his feelings as much as it made them come alive....

“Major Brock.”, came the somehow comforting voice of the Salarian diplomat as the door to the chamber slid open. Eddie turned around, letting his best professional smile curl across his face as the suited man approached the table and sat down. The Turian was dismissed with a gesture from the Salarian's hand. “Pavol Tarik, I'm representing the Council – you should be happy, Major: your information was enough to not only save you dishonourable discharge, but to warrant an emergency convene for the Council.”

“Something to be happy about, the last part?”, Eddie asked, just trying to keep conversation flowing, “I assume that this means the situation may be bigger than just an Alliance problem.”, the Salarian nodded, opening up his private terminal and opening a few files, “Exactly why is it such a concern? I haven't had time to review the information myself yet...”

Pavol looked up from his terminal, “Your 'Alliance Mole' is merely a cover: we don't know whether the person you're after is officially Alliance or merely has a foothold in them, much like the Red Sand dealer you....disposed of.”, he trailed off, “Oh, and in the typically heavy-handed Human approach.”, he smirked, clearly joking. Eddie laughed a little, finally, a diplomat who understood that there was a time for talk, and a time for shooting things.

“In my defence, the ah...the explosion wasn't actually part of the plan.”, Eddie confessed.

“Well, the galaxy isn't going to miss one more drug dealer.”, Pavol shrugged, “Truth be told, I think some of the bureaucratic types around here could deal with being a little more, shall we say, direct in their problem solving.”, he tapped the desk, “Anyway, let us talk about the issue at hand: your target isn't simply another officer gone rogue: he's eluded the Council for a long time now: he's a known Black Market dealer and Pirate extremist known by us as Noire Kingsley. He's one of the reasons the Council rather dislikes Humans.”

Eddie nodded, “I can see how that would make us look kind of bad.”, he smirked, “Any reason why there aren't any public bounties out on this guy, then?”

The Salarian nodded, “The Council hardly needs an already shifting political state spanning so many systems to start doubting its leaders because they can't capture one man.”,

With a breath out, Eddie nodded again. That made sense. “So, what does the Council want me to do?”, he asked – this was probably their operation now, anyway.

“The Council has decided to hand over your task to Claar'is Fer'sun, as she is one of their own agents and, as such, has more of their trust.”, Pavol explained, “They have, however, suggested she keep you on board as an advisor.”

“An advisor!?”, Eddie spat, “This is my investigation!”, he was sat forward in his chair now, completely aghast at the idea that the Council thought this was a good way to 'maintain diplomatic relations', or whatever bullshit they were spinning.

Pavol sighed, “I don't think they really care who gets it done so long as this man is bought to justice. That and you don't have the same freedoms a Council Spectre does, nor the resources they command: need I remind you that it was because of this that you were so easily let go from a police station in Illium?”, he went back to his terminal, pressing a few buttons, “The Alliance has requested you do as the Council has asked, and moreover, that you do not argue with their decision.” the Salarian looked up from his terminal, “I'll just go ahead and omit the fact you did – I know I would have reacted the same if someone tried to tell me how to do my job.”

With a frustrated sigh, Eddie nodded, “Yeah. Yeah, fine. I'll do as they say.”, he stood up, “Can I leave?”

“I'm sure you're capable.”, Pavol smiled wryly, “Oh, and one last thing: the Council didn't specify whether they wanted Noire back alive or dead.”, he closed the terminal slowly, “If you're so frustrated, maybe it would be better directed at the criminal who caused all this...”, he smirked again.

“Good ol' Salarian logic, huh?”, Eddie laughed dryly, approaching the door. Pavol laughed at that.

“No.”, he said, standing up himself and adjusting his collar, “My Human wife's influence. We 'aliens' don't all hate you Humans, Major.”

With a smirk, Eddie opened the door, “Well, we have our perks.”, he waved the other man a salute, “Thank you, Mr. Tarik.”, and with that, he left. Well, at least someone appreciated him right now.

-

PsychoKez056
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PsychoKez056 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:04 am

<@Eddie> "Another.", Eddie called to the barman over the loud music. The Turian rolled his eyes in reply, pouring him another drink which he downed straight away and shook the glass again, "And another.", he sighed, getting another drink and downing that one, too.
<@Eddie> With a glance around, he finally let go of the glass, "Alright, and I'll have a beer. You do sell those here....?", the Turian wandered over to a fridge, retrieving a bottle, opening it and placing it on the bar. He quickly scanned Eddie's credit chit and then left with a hastened pace. Eddie grinned, "Everyone loves a bastard...."

<Norai> The staff door behind the bar went and a very colourful looking Asari sauntered out like she owned the place, already bright markings dyed for extra effect she had the dancers kind of swish to her hips however she was in a normal staff outfit with an electricians bag and her omni tool.
<Norai> Ignoring even the weird look she got from the bar she hopped over the bar and whistled her way over to the Quasar machines.

<@Eddie> Eddie, too, spotted the colourful Asari, raising an eyebrow. He was tipsy enough by now to consider introducing himself to more women. And, he suddenly thought, subsequently making his life more depressing, complicated, and ultimately lonely. "Huh...", he pondered to himself - drunken clarity this early? He shrugged at his thought-track.
<@Eddie> Lifting his bottle, he approached the Quasar machines himself, realizing that the girl he was following was....pretty short. "You know, gambling's a filthy habit.", he called over to the Asari, gesturing with his beer bottle, "Drinking's pretty bad, too, then again..."

<Norai> "Shame you think so, I find both to be quite fun at times." Turning a winning smiling on him when she found the machine she needed getting her omni tool started up ready for what she was about to attempt. Heh she was even getting cute drunken company.
<Norai> "Though I do find Gambling is the more fun and you remember it more the next morning."

<@Eddie> With a smirk, Eddie approached the machine beside hers and leaned on it, "You're not really dressed for either though, are you? Even the regulars here know that it's good for appearances to turn up in something less...", he gestured his free hand at her overalls, "...uniform.",
<@Eddie> "I mean, you elude to the possibility you're here to gamble.", Eddie continued, sipping some of his drink, "And if you're dressed like that, well, it's hardly good work ethics, gambling on the job."

<Norai> Kneeling down she opened the case and got the keys out to open the bottom of the machine out. "No I'm not dressed for either now, but give me thirty minutes till the end of my shift and I will be. Then I can gamble and drink all I like." Giggling a little at him.
<Norai> "Right now however I have a few faulty machines to fix before I find fun stuff to do." Omni tool on, program start and watch the fun begin as a few more tools were pulled out to start sorting out the circuitry.

<@Eddie> "Alone?", Eddie asked, pretending to be horrified for comedic effect, "Pretty girl like you shouldn't have to do such a dreary job without somebody to talk to.", he shrugged, "And I so happen to be here, so....", he watched her Omni-Tool, "...what're you doing there?"

<Norai> She blushed a little then. "Unfortunately yes I am alone, well only if you don't stop to keep me company." While her hands were out of sight she removed the bug she'd placed in the machine a week ago and got back to her omni tool.
<Norai> Giggling a little once more she pointed at the omni tool. "The programming for this machine has been tampered with so I'm fixing it now."

<@Eddie> Eddie nodded - truthfully, he'd never been too clued in on computers and the like. "I've never met a problem I couldn't just shoot in the face.", he commented, "Programming is a little beyond me, I won't lie."

<Norai> She actually checked her bank balance then and thought for a moment, before uploading a virus during her reprogramming. "I can think of better ways to sort out differences then shooting people in the face, and this programming? Dead easy I'm just making sure the Machine doesn't lose *too much*."

<@Eddie> "Oh, of course: God forbid the House doesn't always win, huh?", he snorted, taking a longer drink of his beer, "See, that's why I never touch machines: gimmie a good ol' set of playing cards any day of the week."

<Norai> "Oooh cards! I got quite into card games the last time I visited a human colony." A huge green tick came up on screen when the virus was uploaded and reprogramming done. "Well that's one job sorted, would the handsome gentleman care to escort me to my next one?"

<@Eddie> "As if I have something better to do than talk to a cute lady...", Eddie grinned - that was a lie: he was supposed to hand over his entire investigation formally. He just didn't really feel like it yet, not after his last conversation with the Blackbird Captain. And Christ forbid he managed to step in it with the XO again. "Lead on, sweetheart."

<Norai> "Oh gladly." Case closed and omni tool switched off for now she lead him over to the bar, dropped the bag over the bar for the barman to take out back and then started heading for the pub Fast travel cab caller at the pub entrance, a slightly happy bounce to her step as she went.

<@Eddie> Eddie left his bottle at the bar, finishing as much of the contents as he could before following the Asari, "So, do I get to know your name, pretty lady?"

<Norai> "You can call me Norai, what about you gorgeous?" Giving him a cheeky grin over her shoulder. Omni tool coming back out as she reached the station and hailed a cab. "Damn idiots always sticking gum to these things!" Deftly taking the *gum* off with a tissue, wrapping it and shoving it in her pocket.

<@Eddie> "Edward. But most people call me 'Eddie' for short.", the human replied, "Can't believe a girl like you does a job as mundane as this, though. Galaxy's an unfair place hm?"

<Norai> "Oh this is just temporary I just need the credits to get to omega and honestly the last thing I want to do is end up working at Chora's. This jobs secure, I don't get harassed and I tonight I even get a good looking guy talking to me." Bug removed she scanned the terminal for the information she needed and hailed a cab.
<Norai> "Well all is good now which means I'm free for the night...." She left it hanging while looking him over.

<@Eddie> Eddie gave her a suggestive look. Was he going to be that guy? Was he seriously? "Well....here's us. And a skycab terminal. And....well, I assume that was an allusion to the question 'Would you like to join me for a drink at home', to which I would naturally answer 'Why, certainly'.", he winked. Sod it all: he was drunk enough and carefree enough to not give a damn for a few hours.

<Norai> "Well cabs already called." Giggling again she started walking out of Flux, she needed to get away from there now and what was stopping her having some fun the night before she jumped space station? "Though I'll point out it's a hotel room not home, but the room service is good."

<@Eddie> "Hey: who's gonna argue with a girl like you inviting them....anywhere?", Eddie laughed, "Besides, job like mine I could go for a distraction once in a while..."

<Norai> Smirking a little she lead him down to the waiting cab and got in. "Hey considering your the first I've pulled this years apparently everyone but you? now front seat or back seat with me?"

<@Eddie> Without a word, he slid into the back seat with her, "Well, if I'm the first, I'd better make sure I'm the best, hm? Gotta get some good rep for us Humans eventually."

<Norai> "Your certainly about to get all night to try sweetie." Smiling her omni tool flashed, all the money from Flux's machines had been hacked by her virus, she had the bugs with the tracks on her target and she had a hot guy in a cab for the evening. Best night this week.
<Norai> Smiling she shifted to sit closer to him and signalled the cabbie to her hotel room. "Could this night get any better?"

<@Eddie> [Time Passes]
<@Eddie> "Quite a nice bit of Hotel...", Eddie commented; it even smelled good, but not in the unnatural, almost clinical way that most offices in the Presidium did. No; this place smelled of blueberries. "Does it smell like blueberries to you?"

<Norai> Norai was leading the along the corridor to her room, top of her jumpsuit undo now and rolled down to her waist showing off a rather hugging red top in well an Asari fashion style. "You know I've been trying to place the smell for days, but yes definitely blueberries..."

<@Eddie> Eddie smirked, taking off his jacket as they approached the door, "Well, I aim to please. Glad I'm helping already...", he smirked, sliding up next to her, "Anything else I can do for you tonight?"

<Norai> Chewing her lip a little she gave him a very interested look then. "I'm sure I can think of a few things once I've been a good hostess and got you settled." Opening the door for him, the room was half sleeping area and half sitting with a tv and fridge stocked with alcohol, nothing special but it didn't need to be.

<@Eddie> Entering behind Norai, Eddie closed the door slowly as he took in the room: half scanning the fridge, bed etc., half thinking strategically: entry points, exit points etc. "Nice place...", he commented kindly.

<Norai> "It'll do for tonight, better the the last place I stayed anyway." Walking over to the fridge she grabbed the glasses off the top of it before turning, zip on the jumpsuit getting fully undone so it could drop off leaving her in black trousers and heeled boots.
<Norai> "So Eddie? Whats your drink of choice?"

<@Eddie> His eyes were fixed on her butt as she approached the fridge, "Oh, erm...", he smiled, approaching the drinks himself, "I make a point to pour my own drinks, if that's alright.",

<Norai> Smiling she gestured to the fridge. "Help yourself its all on me." Pouring herself a glass of brandy before sitting down on the nearby couch, eyes all over Eddie. "So what do you do when your not escorting girls home Eddie?"

<@Eddie> "Oh, this and that.", he replied, finding a bottle of whiskey that was still sealed and withdrawing it, closing the fridge and approaching the glass Norai had laid out for him, "I'm C-Sec, just enjoying a little R&R.", he lied - naturally not showing such: there was a reason he was N7.

<Norai> "Well haven't I just hit lucky for the night, not only handsome but comes equipped with handcuffs to!" Well damn, I'm really going to have to run in the morning aren't I? good job I don't sleep much now. Shifting alittle she got comfy on the sofa playing with her glass.

<@Eddie> Drink prepared, and a little ice thrown in, Eddie took the glass and the bottle, approaching the sofa, "I'd make a pun about you being criminally beautiful, but I think that I'd count as being drunk and disorderly.", he gestured to the space beside her, "May I?"

<Norai> "It's only disorderly if you don't know what your doing and of course." Patting the seat next to her. "I'm a programming and tech specialist, from fixing security systems to reprogramming the citadel fountain light shows, alittle bit of everything I guess." Actually blushing alittle then for the compliments.

<@Eddie> Eddie sat down beside her, placing the bottle on the table and sipping a little from his glass, turning towards Norai, "Sexy and talented; think I might be the real lucky one, hm?", he grinned, "And I know plenty about what I'm doing...", he slowly placed his arm around her,

<Norai> Well it wasn't as though she was totally lying was it? Smiling at him she turned enough to face him alittle more while she was sipping her drink. "Well I've had a lot of time to get very good at what I do, that and I have the attention span of a pyjak so I keep changing jobs."

<Norai> Sipping the brandy she edged alittle closer to him. "I'm very sure you do Eddie."

<@Eddie> "D'you learn anything interesting?", he asked, free hand slowly stroking along her sensitive head and to the back of her neck, "Maybe there's some things you could teach me, hm?"

<Norai> Eyes closing alittle as she felt the tingle left by the stroking her hand went out and the finger tips trailed down his chest to rest on his thigh. "I've learnt many things over my years so I'm sure I can find something you could enjoy learning and I know so very little when it comes to the intimacies of humans."

<@Eddie> "In that case, Norai...", Eddie took another sip, finishing his whiskey and placing the glass at his feet, "...why don't you let me teach you about my kind...", he leaned in, lips just brushing a little against hers to coax a kiss.

<Norai> Smile still hanging there she let their lips brush for a moment before her glass was lowered and her tongue came out to lick the remenants of whiskey from his lips before she pressed a careful kiss onto him, her drink barely touched at all compared to Eddie's.

<@Eddie> Eddie pushed her glass gently towards her, "Down this, and put the glass away...", he ran both hands across her body to embrace her gently.

<Norai> Smiling at him she knocked back the drink before pushing her body against his and her lips onto the humans, sharing the drink with him, glass put down and forgotten so she could get her arms around him.

<@Eddie> [Time Passes]

<Norai> Norai had woken up as the darkness in the room had started to lift, the Citadels mock version of day and night light cycles reminding her she needed to be up and off! However right now she was so very warm and snuggles with a very good looking human holding her.
<Norai> Sighing and pouting with the unfairness of it all she carefully turned in his arms, gave him a brushing kiss and wormed her way out of his arms. Seconds later she was dressed and packed ready to leave but... seeming the tattoo on his arm once more she carefully rifled through his clothes found nothing of interest except a credit chip and sighed.
<Norai> At least she was nice enough to leave a note saying she gone, the room was paid for as was breakfast and a cab to anywhere he needed when he woke up. All because she just nicked his credit chip to pay for her ticket to omega so she couldn't be traced. Shame he was so very good looking to...
<@Eddie> Almost fifteen minutes later, Eddie awoke to the empty room, surprised at first, but ultimately sighing in acceptance - girls like that never stuck around: and this was the second time it had happened with an Asari, so he figured it was just his luck.
<@Eddie> With a smile as he read the note, he decided to count his blessings rather than feel particularly bad, right before slipping on his clothes and finding his credit chit was missing. "Oh, you cheeky little bitch...", he grinned, slapping his forehead and sitting down before activating his Omni-Tool and sending To'sik the message to block the auxiliary account. "Hell of a start to a day...",

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:27 am

Yeah, hell of a start to the day. The Quarian had been woken up by that message, and now To'sik was rubbing the side of his mask and swearing a blue streak. The account hadn't just been cleaned, it had been scoured and the thief had spent it on some interesting things.

Either that or Eddie liked some interesting porn - oh wait.

Still, he didn't like the fact the Major now had some interesting weapon purchases to his name. He went the official route, closed the account and filed the theft and reminded himself Omega was calling. Sitting back, he huffed, stared into space for a moment, then shook his head. Just because he'd do the same without a thought...goddamned humans.

"Edward Brock, you're an idiot." He flicked on a vid - vintage Earthen show, hailing from the twentieth century by their calender - and got up to the sounds of The Prisoner. Shower time in the clean room it was.

PsychoKez056
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PsychoKez056 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:40 am

Norai A'shi was already sitting on the transport ship to Omega sighing heavily in the tiny box room she was sharing with a Krogan that smelt worse then what he was drinking. Right now she was regretting the fact she'd had to get up and run as that bed and man had been so warm. Now alone again in the universe she escaped the confines of the tiny cell like room to wonder the public part of the ship.

She had the two bugs she needed, both proving the guy she was chasing had not only been in Flux but had also lost a lot of money on the Quasar machines, then according to the Fast cab terminal she'd been tracking for a week he'd been round all the dodgy places in the citadel via his stolen credit chip before doing what she was doing now and heading to omega.

Hopefully she could pin him down there grab the information she needed from his omni tool and walk around the corner to drop it all neatly off with Auntie Aria. Hopefully.

Her luck lately had been running out, had the human Eddie been sober he'd have probably been chasing all the other Asari instead, she'd just been lucky enough he had been. If all went well she'd send the credit chip back to him with interest as he had given her a very good night followed by cuddles rather then just zipping up and walking out the door. Norai just had to hope now he was kept to busy by her theft at Flux to follow her for a tiny and now blocked credit chip.

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:39 pm

<@Norai> The Main bar afterlife was pounding from the music and dancers, not to late into the night the club was in full swing with species of all types colours and dress senses, all the Asari dancers keeping the entertainment for the more lonely looking souls going.

<@Norai> One Asaro however shorter but more colourful then the rest was swishing her way through the crowd towards a likely looking krogan.

<Ankka> The Krogan in question was huge, bigger even than most of his race, towering above the others in the bar. He carried the mark of clan Urdnot, golden headplate and face carrying heavy battlescars and a huge, heavy-looking shotgun hung at his hip.

<Ankka> Unlike his companions, he was watching the club quietly and not drinking, icy eyes sharp and narrowing when he spotted the Asari.

<@Norai> Norai was smiling despite the narrowed eyes ignoring the hopeful looks as she moved across the floor intent on her target, getting there she snuggles up to his side and grinned. "What a big gun you've got there, honestly you'd think this place is dangerous!"

<Ankka> There was a snort from the huge Krogan. "Try your charms elsewhere, Norai, I've been waiting for three days for you." He sniffed. "You stink of human. Besides, this place is dangerous. I have Blood Pack after me, remember?"

<@Norai> "Well can't expect my charms to work more then once in a blue moon, and relax Blood pack are on the other side of Omega looking for me right now." There was a rustle of material and a datapad was produced from... somewhere. "There you go, movement and money tracking from the last 6 months for your ex turian friend."

<@Norai> "Last known location was down in the slums of Omega for some strange reason buying weapons, can't think why."

<Ankka> He took the datapad with a nasty little smile. "I can't either. Something about pissing off the wrong Krogan and not having the quads to face me." He flicked through the data, scratching his cheek. "Thourough. I'm impressed. Payment as usual will be in your account by the end of the day."

<@Norai> "By the end of the day dammit means I'm going to have to hang round here till I get paid, and of course it's thorough it's me." Giggling alittle then she got a drink off the bar. "Thanks to that payment I can pay off a lad I owe money to and get my next job."

<Ankka> "You know the contract. I still need to check I'm not being set up. Your loyalties are cheap, Asari." Ankka sniffed, pad handed to a smaller Krogan that scuttled off with it. "Besides, girl like you can find plenty of things to occupy herself with in a place like this...if Batarian and Vorcha's your flavour."

<@Norai> "hey my loyalties are expensive it's my sevices are dead cheap, but I only do one contract at a time." Hopping onto a stool and sipping her drink. "Vorcha not so much, Batarians can be fun some times though, I'm more here for the excitement and adventures though."

<Ankka> "You expect me to trust that." The Krogan chuckled. "Hate 'em both. They smell worse than humans and that's saying something. At least it's not Salarians though. Quadless pyjaks."

<@Norai> "Heh heh hey no dissin on the Salarians! And humans aren't that bad I've met some nice ones...." Pouting alittle as she sipped her drink. "if you don't trust me you don't trust my information either."

<Ankka> "I don't, sweetheart, that's why it's being checked." The Krogan gave her a grin. "And when you've had your race infected with a genophage, you can tell me who I'm allowed to diss." He snorted, shifting a little. "Until then, I'll keep my opinions."

<@Norai> "N'awwwww, and here I thought I was a trustable source." Pouting alittle more and sipping her drink, good job she wasn't about to mention her heritage right now. "So how did this guy piss you off anyhows?"

<Ankka> "Who's asking?" Ankka smirked at her. "Not like it's a big secret. He stole from me and killed a couple of my company, then went to the Blood Pack with some sob story about how I set him up. You know how they love clan Urdnot." He sniffed.

<@Norai> "Hey hey just me being curious, sometimes I just want to know the story without stealling it." Smiling back at him. "Yeah they do tend to have a thing about you guys, they keep trying to hire me as well."

<Ankka> "Doesn't do them much good. They're learning to fear Mjolnir." He patted his shotgun and chuckled nastily. "Stupid idiots. What's your stop after this one?"

<@Norai> She gave the shotgun a raised eyebrow then always one to avoid guns if she could. "Anyone would be right to fear that." lips pursing alittle while she thought. "Auntie Aria has a job for me to do, otherwise I'm relaxing for a bit, got a pacckage for a guy back in the citadel but so far just looking for the next piece of fun."

<Ankka> "Then you can do another job for me, can't you? Another Turian, only this one's pretty decent. I owe him something, but the bastard's hard to find." He gave her a datapad. "Jai Bruuk. Last known whereabouts and habits. Quarter now plus travel, rest on completion."

<@Norai> Taking the datapad she smiled happily and started reading through the information. "Should be easy enough to find for me. Do you just want me to tell him your looking for him?"

<Ankka> "Good. And yes. Pyjak should come out of hiding more often." He chuckled. "I warn you. not as easy as it sounds. He's slippery and if he gets wind you're following him he'll disappear. One of those Turians with biotics, elusive as hell."

<@Norai> "I'll be careful then ,either way it'll get done for you as normal." Again the datapad disappeared after she'd examined it. "I'll do Aria's job now and then do yours for you as your such a punctual employer when it comes to payments, and your nice to me."

<Ankka> "Sure, nice, that's what they call it." He shrugged. "See that you do, Norai, I'll be waiting." He sniffed again. "...I'd go wash the human you've got on you off, though. It's pervasive."

<@Norai> "Hey you have guns and don't point them at my head or threaten me or infact do bad things to me. That is my definition of nice, and well sorry just cause I've not long got off a bloody transport ship." Sticking her tongue out at him then for giggles.

<Ankka> "Keep doing that and I'll bite it off." Ankka snorted. "Why'd I do that? You're too small to make a decent rug." He finally accepted a drink. "I'll be on the Citadel for a while if you want to find me. You know my usual haunts."

<@Norai> "Everyone else does it, well aside from Aria, but yeah your like one of the none mean customers I have-and you just had to say citadel didn't you...." Huffing, well at least she could deliver the package back to that nice guy Eddie.

<Ankka> "Aw, jilted lover, Norai? Isn't that a shame, shouldn't love 'em and leave them, should you?" He snorted. "And people say Krogans are cold."

<@Norai> "I don't have lovers I have time for one nights stands, and he wasn't jilted I brought him breakfast, anyway that isn't the reason I don't want to go back there it's because I just had to rob flux and if they know it was me they'll be looking for me silly now won't they? Besides I'm not cold I'm cuddly so there!"

<Ankka> Ankka just laughed. "That's you're problem, isn't it, little Asari? That's where I'll be. Either you bring me that information, or you don't get paid."

<@Norai> Ankka got pouted at again. "Don't worry you'll get it as promised and I always deliver so there. I'll just have to be careful won't I, besides I have to find the guy first."

<Ankka> "Yeah, you do." Ankka gave her another grin. "Good luck with that."

<@Norai> "Why thank you." Smiling she knocked back her drink and hopped off her stool. "If things change I'll be on Omega looking for your lad or up with Aria." Patting him on the shoulder she swished off, omni tool coming out and work starting again.

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:17 pm

<Ankka> "You expect me to trust that." The Krogan chuckled. "Hate 'em both. They smell worse than humans and that's saying something. At least it's not Salarians though. Quadless pyjaks."

:( that gave Vorcha Max a sad. He's on Omega as well. Somewhere.

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:43 pm

steyn wrote: :( that gave Vorcha Max a sad. He's on Omega as well. Somewhere.
Being awesome with Dr. Cee is what he's doing xD
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Yup, and unfortunately with his lifespan, he's like a live-in temp at the clinic.

Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Chaos » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:14 am

<Clarice> The Captain was not a happy captain, not by any stretch of the imagination. She spun in her chair when the hissing of the door heralded the humans arrival, "Benezia's blue tits! Where the hell were you last night!" She demanded, "What part of 'meet us at Chora's Den did you NOT get!?"

<Eddie> "Something happen, Captain?", Eddie asked, entering dressed in his Alliance Officer uniform with a datapad in his hand, "I'm sorry, I was....busy with something."

<Clarice> "Don't give me that, I traced your movements this morning, you were busy at Flux for all evening till you booked into a hotel with an asari. You ditched us!" She rose to her feet, "would it have killed you to let us know?"

<Eddie> Eddie took a deep breath, "Firstly: I didn't book the room.", he scowled at Claa'ris a little, "Secondly, I spent most of the time after visiting the Presidium sorting you these.", he placed the datapads down on her desk, "As per Alliance-Council relations, and my duty to both, I hereby hand over my investigation of the criminal known as Noire Kingsley to you, Council Spectre.", he recited, standing to attention.

<Eddie> "The Alliance has requested, should you desire it, I assist you on your new mission.", he went on.

<Clarice> "I know, I was contacted this morning with the details," she leant against the wall, "you still ditched us for a booty call however."

<Eddie> "What, are you jealous I might have been with another girl?", Eddie remarked with a challenging smirk. Oh, he was sure he'd regret saying that.

<Clarice> She rolled her eyes, "Right, a girl who vanished before you woke up and made off with your credit chit, i'm so intimidated," she tutted, "if this about what happened on Omega? Eddie, you need to move past it."

<Eddie> Eddie tensed a little at that, "Oh, go to hell. It isn't.", he sighed. It was. It totally was. At least in part. If it wasn't all just that, it was surely his pride being hurt at the fact the investigation he'd worked so hard on was now in the hands of the girl involved.

<Clarice> "We both know it is, you need to get over it if we're going to be working together on this," she told him.

<Eddie> "Look, you're never gonna end up with me, ok? I'm over it, so let's just drop it, ok?", Eddie sighed, "We were drunk, it was stupid, so let's just.....move on.", he raised his hands.

<Clarice> Claar'is just cocked a skeptical eyeridge at him but said nothing, sitting back down, "Why don't you brief me on the assignment in your own words then?"

<Eddie> Sighing again, Eddie cleared his breath, "Apparently, my rogue Alliance Officer may not just be a rogue Alliance Officer - the Council is attempting to track down a guy by the name of Noire Kingsley. Apparently, he's somehow eluded Council capture for years."

<Eddie> "Moreover...", he continued, "...this person now has access to Alliance information and weapons. Which we've heard tell of ending up on the Black Market and being bought by people who do not need to be buying them."

<Clarice> "Military supplies alway end up on the black market," she sighed, "lemme guess, shipments and credit transactions all lead to Omega?"

<Eddie> Eddie shook his head, "Nope: the Red Sand dealer I tried to get to, he was headed there for a meeting with someone. All we have is a single word: 'Acolyte'. I assume it's a case of 'say it to the right person'.", he shrugged, "Also, there's er....something else..."

<Clarice> "Acolyte? Hope we're not dealing with some crazy cult here. What's this other thing then?"

<Eddie> "Somehow? He got hold of a ship.", Eddie sighed, "A whole Cruiser. About two months ago, the SSV Conneticut was sent to answer a distress call in the Terminus Systems. That was literally the last thing reported before the ship, and its crew, disappeared. Utterly.",

<Clarice> Her eyes widened in shock, "Seriously? Well for one what was an Alliance ship doing in the Terminus and two, how could you loose a ship like that, you sure it didn't meet Batarians and crash or nothing?"

<@Eddie> Eddie frowned a little, "Look, I didn't know Captain Hansen, so I couldn't possibly comment; as for debris? Nothing. Moreover, the ship was patrolling our colonies out there. That's the 'Official' story, at least.", he scoffed.

<Clarice> "Oh so it was in the borders of the Terminus space," that made more sense, "And you guys are pretty sure this guy had something to do with your missing ship?"

<@Eddie> "The only lead we had on him was a Red Sand dealer, his information points the Council towards their man - one plus one equals...?"

<Clarice> "Another trip to Omega," Claar'is sighed, "I'll let the crew know and we'll make ready to depart."

<@Eddie> Eddie nodded, turning to leave and stopping, "C-Claar'is...", he turned around, "Listen, I....I'm sorry. It was....unprofessional. And I apologize. I won't let my personal feelings jeopardise this mission.", he turned again, starting for the door.

<Clarice> She smiled, "Thanks Eddie, see you around."

PsychoKez056
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PsychoKez056 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:23 am

<Norai> Already back at the Citadel after nicking a flight back there on a much faster the public vessel free of charge in a storage compartment. Norai was now settled back in the citadel markings disguised and working as a waitress in Chora's den to her disgust.
<Norai> Stupid targets hiding in the worst places....

<@Jai> "Ah-ah, no hating on the skilled player, hand over the credits." A voice recognisable as a Turian chuckled, the owner in question tapping the table. "You can check me if you want, I don't cheat, I just am that good. Gimme." He sniffed, faceplate sifting a little as he grinned and relaxed back on the chair, a grumble heralding the credits being passed to him.
<Norai> Norai was watching the Turian with her best shy smile, he was the one everything matching the description and habits, but how best to approach him without revealing she knew his name and making him run? Everyone getting served with a smile she was resisting scratching at the dye hiding her distinctive markings.

<@Jai> The Turian himself was pretty distinctive, the tattoos a bold red across his faceplates, his crest reddish and his tailored clothes red to match. He picked up the cards and shuffled them, handing them to the pretty Asari sitting next to him to deal. "Hey, can't help it if I'm good. Look, I'll sit out this round. I need a drink." With that, he headed to the bar, humming cheerfully.

<Norai> Norai made a point then to use her omni tool and connect to the bar comn terminal and look like she was was having a conversation for a moment, all the other waitress's busy she made a show about looking around the bar before the comn terminal went off.
<Norai> Then she sauntered over to Jai all smiles and fluttering eyelashes. "So what can I get you Sir?"

<@Jai> Jai smiled at the small Asari. "Hey, couple of shots of Turian Blue." He leant against the bar, sliding the credits out of a pocket. He almost dared to relax now, the Cabalist not hearing of any tails for a few weeks now. Not even Palaven had contacted him. "Oh, and a bowl of the dextro-peanuts? Thanks."

<Norai> She gave him a flirting smile back and sorted out his shots before going to fetch the peanuts. Wondering which would be better a fake message for the turian or just seeing if he'd be interested in getting a back room. "There you are Sir." Smiling she took the credits and sorted out his change.

<@Jai> "Thanks." The first shot was tossed straight back, his amber eyes on the girl before the second one was too. "You're new here, huh. Haven't seen your face around here before. Guess you don't have the build to be one of the dancing girls, mmm?"

<Norai> "I worked here a while back but that was ages ago, this is my first night this time." Frowning and pouting dramatically at the build comment. "I can dance pretty damn good actually I just wanted to work behind the bar." Why did everyone have to jab at her height she couldn't help it!

<@Jai> "Oh no, I don't doubt that." He held up his hands defensively, smiling as easily as a Turian could. "I'm not the tallest of my species either, in case you haven't noticed." He leant on the bar again. "Besides, being a dancer's not all it's cracked up to be here, right? Long hours...bad pay, dodgy guys...?"

<Norai> "I don't know I always did well enough on tips and for some reason I only seem to get the nice guys bothering me, the dodgy ones always seem to go for the taller Asari for some reason." Smiling once more, checking down the bar before leaning on it to talk to the turian.

<@Jai> "Well, you're safe with me." Jai laughed. "I'm not your usual Turian." He shook his head. Conversation was good, he'd been getting a little lonely recently. "Get me a Klaxxi ale, will you? And something for yourself, why don't you, if you're not too busy?"

<Norai> "Why thank you." Winning smile all but beaming then as she sorted his drink out first before getting herself a non alcoholic one, she was *working* after all. "There you go, and I'm safe with everyone no one really wants to pick on me I'm to....what did that krogan say earlier? Ah pocket sized."

<@Jai> That got another laugh out of the apparently easy-going Turian. "Oh, that's not the reason at all." He shook his head, hand going around the glass, the other smoothing over his crest. "Where're you from, anyway? You don't have the accent for Thessia."

<Norai> "No I grew up on a mixed race colony near the terminus systems, so no homeworld accent for me, honestly I've never even been to Thessia." Watching the hand going over his crest with an interested look. For a minute however she got distracted by another customer, bottles flipping easily in her hands to make the cocktail.
<Norai> Then she was straight back to Jai. "So what about yourself? Palavern or elsewhere?"

<@Jai> "Oh...here and there." He said evasively. "You know, go wherever the fancy takes and I have the credits for...done a few excavations, that kind of thing." He took a mouthful of his drink. "Born on Palaven, but you know how it goes..."

<Norai> "Home worlds always to boring and the next spaceship, world, bed always looks more exciting then the last, in a universe like this who'd want to stagnate?" Sipping her drink and ignoring the looks of other patrons after the barmaids attention for something other then drinks.

<@Jai> "Oh, wouldn't say I'm looking for excitement, just happy wandering. Like I said, not your average Turian and it gets me into trouble sometimes." His head ducked a little as he did the Turian equivalent of grinning. "For instance, I'm fond of gambling."

<Norai> "Alittle trouble and risk I find makes life abit more interesting though don't you find?" Smiling her drink and all attention on him, she wasn't going to try the fake message now, it'd be to fake look wrong and he'd run. "I like the odd bit of gambling myself honestly."

<@Jai> "Speak for yourself. I like the quiet life. AS much as any Turian does. A little bit of action in the right place well..." He gave a half-shrug. "Do you now. What sort?"

<Norai> "Human card games honestly, and the odd flutter on races, fights and such. Never big money, I'd never have the credits for that but little bits you know?" Smiling at him before her drink got finished and she adjusted the ah outfit she was wearing.

<@Jai> "Oh? Really now. That's interesting. I picked up a fascination for human card games a few years back...turns out I'm quite good at them too." He chuckled. "Maybe you and I should share a hand or two, mmm? Oh, name's Jai, by the way. What's yours?"

<Norai> "Unfortunately the only way I'm getting from behind this bar tonight is if someone requests a private dance in the back rooms, otherwise I'm stuck on bar duty handsome. Sorry about that." Giving him a sad look, like she'd missed out on an amazing opportunity to play cards with him.

<@Jai> "Well, why don't I do that? What we do in the back rooms is up to us, mmm?" He grinned. "And trust me, dancing won't do anything for me, sweetheart."

<Norai> "Yes it is." Norai agreed though her now purring voice sounded so very disappointed then. "Such a shame as well. Just to warn you it's a thousand credits for the back rooms, for well what I'm sure are very obvious reasons." Inwardly however she whooped, the very chance she needed.

<@Jai> "I think I might just be able to afford that, maybe, if I scrape the bottom of my pockets..." Jai grinned. "It'll be nice to have someone new to play against. Go get us a room...what was your name again?"

<Norai> Damn years of habit of not giving out her name made her nearly immune to the question now. "Nori, is the name I go by here." Smiling at him as she walked over to another waitress and jerked a thumb at her turian. Room booked under her name and tab without telling him he gracefully slid over the bar top to land neatly on her feet.
<Norai> Ignoring the appreciative whistles then she swished up to Jai. "Shall we then?"

<@Jai> He grinned and offered her his arm. "I believe we shall. We'll even use my deck of cards." Wow, actual contact with someone - he needed to note this in the diary. "Ever heard of a game called Blackjack, Nori?"

PsychoKez056
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PsychoKez056 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:27 am

<@Ankka> Ankka was sat having a quiet, rather relaxing drink at one of the more up-market cafes in the Citadel, lounging on one of the comfier chairs and not in his armour for once. He wasn't even carrying Mjolnir, though to call him unarmed would be going a little far - he was a Krogan.
<@Ankka> He was actually enjoying the quiet - it meant no one was trying to kill him. For once. It was nice.

<Norai> There was the feeling of waiting hanging in the air of the nearly empty cafe, before suddenly as Ankka's cup went down he got a very brightly marked Asari landing neatly on his lap and getting comfy. "Why fancy seeing you here Ankka! I mean it's only been what 3 days?" All smiles and batty eyelids once more.

<@Ankka> Ankka was not an Urdnot by birth. He was very much a Weyloc that had earnt his right to be taken in by the other clan. Which meant when there was sudden Asari, his very nearly reacted in a typically Krogan fashion - which was to break its neck - before reason asserted itself. "Norai, hasn't anyone ever told you it's a bad idea to make a Krogan jump?"

<Norai> "Yes, yes they have." Still beaming up at him before waving a datapad in front of his face. "Lookit aren't I a good Asari? Found your friend, who's also now actually my friend and he's agreed to meet you at you alloted time and space!"

<@Ankka> "Take a hint. Don't. Next time I might not feel like stopping myself." He took the datapad off her. "Jai? You found him? Excellent." He scrolled through the pad and chuckled. "You old bastard, I should have known. At least I know you wouldn't have made friends by bedding him, little Norai." He shoved her - gently - off his lap and onto the seat beside him.

<Norai> Pouting alittle she shrugged and got comfy. "Why does everyone I talk to assume I fuck everyone I meet! I've had sex ONCE in the last year thank you very much. And no I made friends with him by playing blackjack with him." Legs crossed she got her bag off her back and held it while she watched him and the datapad.

<@Ankka> "Because this is you, Norai." He didn't take his eyes off the pad. "Blackjack? Doesn't surprise me, but the most beautiful Turian female in the universe wouldn't be able to interest that pyjak, trust me." The grin was amused. "Jai's a demon at gambling, good to see he hasn't lost his touch."

<Norai> "Yeah I know, he prefers the pyjaks with the crests not without." Shrugging again she shifted on her seat just watching him looking over the pad with wide eyes. "I like flirting but I rarely actually get laid, to dangerous for me. No he hasn't glad it wasn't my money I was betting last night."

<@Ankka> "Goddamned Cabalists, they're all weird as hell, and this is me talking about Turians here." He put the pad away with a nod. "Alright, I'll be there. About time we sat down and caught up really."

<Norai> "Glad that worked out for you. Can I get paid now? Some of us need a bed and food for the night you know?" Hands wringing the edge of her bag, she actually hadn't eaten in a few days, having spent all of her credits on important things.

<@Ankka> Ankka looked her over, then pulled out a chit and dropped it into her lap, along with a keycard. "Don't leave a mess. It's being docked from your account if you do." He shrugged.

<Norai> The chit got picked up with a smile then before getting stored away in one of her secret pockets before she looked at the keycard in her lap like it was a snake. "Thank you but what's the keycard for?"

<@Ankka> Ankka just sighed, rolled his eyes and stood. "Get a cab to the 22nd. Third door on your right. It's yours until you leave. You found an old friend of mine, you get a place to stay. Saves you wasting any of that pay I gave you, mmm?" He rolled a shoulder. "Now, any more obvious questions?"

<Norai> She picked the keycard up and put it on the table next to his drink shaking her head. "Thank yo but no, the pay is enough and I don't sleep anywhere I can be found to easily. Though the thought was very kind of you." Frown becoming a for once nervous smile.
<Norai> Bag getting put back on then she stood up. "I hope the goddess smiles on you but I have to get out of sight now, and find something nice to eat as a treat."

<@Ankka> The Krogan snorted and took the keycard back reluctantly. "Silly girl." He shook his head. "You know where to find me." He turned to go, hesitated, then looked back. "...Keep safe, Norai." Then he turned and left, disappearing into the crowds.

<Norai> Wow he'd been nice to her, like actually nice. Normally he just gave her the money and left and he'd just offered her a room for the night. Smiling she started off for the space port, she'd lied when she said she was going for food, the money had better things to do, now she just had to get back to Omega with out being detected by C-sec....

Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Chaos » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:58 am

<@Eddie> The training room of the Blackbird was devoid of activity save for the grunting of one Human, and the pounding and whipping of punches and kicks contacting the training dummy in the middle of the room. Eddie breathed out hard as each punch was thrown, followed by a swing of his knife through the holographic targets he was issued every five strikes.

<@Eddie> Knife fighting sims were a perk of being aboard a Turian ship. And he took full advantage of the facility - nothing like burning off steam constructively. And what better way to do so than practising kicking ass? He finished the session, turning and throwing the knife into the wall target behind him: it hit what would have been the shoulder of the person.

<Liza> "So this is how N7's train?" Liza's voice called over his shoulder, "Gotta say, i'm impressed."

<@Eddie> Panting, Eddie looked over his shoulder, "Commander.", he greeted her, stepping over to the target and yanking the knife out before approaching the dummy again and setting up the program for its third run.

<Liza> "Major," she nodded her head and moved closer, "glad to see you've settled in so well, working off some stres or just working?"

<@Eddie> "Making perfect.", Eddie shrugged, switching on the program again and flipping the knife around in his right hand, getting into his stance. "Can I help you, ma'am?"

<Liza> The woman laughed, "Nope, just admiring the view."

<@Eddie> With a dissatisfied sigh, he went back to practising; three punches, two roundhouse kicks and a stab. Punch, kick, kick, punch, punch, slice. "Permission to speak frankly, Commander?", he asked, entering another punch rush, followed by a spin and a back-stab,

<Liza> She laughed, "You want me to piss off, right?"

<@Eddie> "I just want to know something.", Eddie managed, switching stance and swiping with the knife again, "You start talking all casual at first....", he struck the dummy with a kick, "...then you suddenly turn all 'cold bitch' when I ask you a question.", his workout timed out again with the last swipe of his blade, he turned, crouched and launched the knife into the target behind him again; this time hitting the heart.

<@Eddie> "Why?", he breathed, wiping sweat from his forehead, "You wanted to talk, so we talk. Then you react like that and I don't know what to do. At all."

<Liza> Liza shrugged, "Everyone has their no go areas, what happened ... it was bad enough to get me kicked out of service, would you like talking about it to guys you only just met?"

<@Eddie> Eddie shook his head, "Just think it was a bit of a harsh reaction, storming off like that.", he walked over to the work bench, picking up his towel and patting his head down with it, then going for his water bottle, "You could have just said 'Don't go there'. I'd have backed off.", he took a drink.

<Liza> "Sorry, it was only a year ago ... still raw. I was discharged for ... mental health reasons. I can't ... I just can't go into the field ..."

<@Eddie> He turned at that, approaching her again, "Look, don't be sorry.", he glanced away, "...I could have had more tact. Suppose it's just another case of me stepping in it.", Eddie smirked, going to put his hand on her shoulder but stopping, "Really. Forget about it; I've been a jackass for less."

<Liza> Liza gave him a warm smile, "Do over, then?"

<@Eddie> "I might need a few more before the mission's over, I'll admit.", he laughed dryly, "Sure. Do over.", he threw his towel over his shoulder and held out his right hand.

<Liza> She took it with a smile, "Pleased to re-meet you in that case."

<@Eddie> Eddie grinned at that, "You too, Commander.", he took another sip of water, "Ok, can I try asking you a question again?", he asked, approaching the wall and dragging the knife out of the target again.

<Liza> "Sure thing," she nodded.

<@Eddie> Flipping the knife around (to show off, he couldn't pretend it wasn't if he tried to), he caught it and placed it down on the side table beside the targets along with the various other training weapons, "Why do they call you 'Screwball'?", Eddie asked her, still smiling, "Seems pretty weird is all. N-no offence, I mean, it's cute kinda.",

<Liza> "Was my call sign, and it was mostly 'cos I am a screwball," she laughed, "if anyone was gonna do something insane or awesome, it was me. I was that guy on my squad," her smile grew slightly strained suddenly and she looked away.

<@Eddie> Eddie noticed her discomfort a little, frowning slightly, "Dance?", he asked, putting the towel down and taking a last sip of water.

<Liza> "Hmmmm?"She said a little distantly.

<@Eddie> "Dance.", Eddie repeated, stepping over to the dummy and closing it down. He approached the weapon table again, finding himself a pair of padded gloves and dangling a pair in front of Liza.

<Liza> "Oh-Oooooooooh, "Liza shook herself out of her funk and took the gloves, shrugging off her jacket, "Hope you're not planning on going easy on me 'cos I'm a girl," she smirked.

<@Eddie> Eddie shrugged, "I don't know; depends how good you are.", he laughed, stepping into the ring and sliding the gloves on, stretching his hands in them, "Alright, Commander, let's see what you've got, eh?", he prepared his stance.

<Liza> Liza just stood there, legs slightly bent, hands loose at her sides, bouncing on the balls of her feet, "Come at me, bro."

<@Eddie> "Last person to say that to me was a Batarian.", he stepped forward, getting a little bit of movement by having a bounce before jabbing to gauge her reaction time.

<Liza> Liza bounced to the side to dodge with a grin, "What did you do to him?"

<@Eddie> Smirking, Eddie threw another couple of jabs her way, "Honestly? I broke his neck.", he smiled, suddenly swinging a haymaker for her, pulling the punch so as not to damage his XO too badly.

<Liza> Liza ducked under the swing, grabbing his arm and pivoting on the ball of her feet, her other hand grabbing the collar of his shirt. She tucked herself into his body, her back to his chest and swung her free leg around to knock him even further off balance. It has the desired effect, the man rolling forwards across her and ending up flipped onto his back.

<Liza> "Shame the Batarian never took judo, huh?"

<@Eddie> Lying on his back after landing with a thud, Eddie looked into her eyes and just laughed out loud, "Damn shame!", he was in stitches, just lying back on the ground, arms outstretched, "Wow...more to you than meets the eye then, huh, Commander?", he sighed.

<Liza> "I made Commander for a reason, honeybun," she winked at him before peeling off her gloves, "better luck next time, hmm?"

<@Eddie> "I don't know...", Eddie looked around, "...I could get used to serving under you.", he winked right back, smug smirk on his face, "With moves like that, you definitely deserve to be on top."

<Liza> "Oh, I know," she grabbed her jacket and dropped the gloves onto the table, "we should do this again some time, but I have duties to attend to."

<@Eddie> With a nod, Eddie took up his towel and bottle, slinging the towel over his arm and taking his knife back. "Absolutely. Until then, Commander Screwball, sir.", he waved a little salute to her, shaking his head. She was unbelievable.

PsychoKez056
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PsychoKez056 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Norai was curled up behind some cargo crates in the ships hull, her blanket pulled round her she couldn't risk using her omni tool and getting detected, so she was reading her favourite book for about the 5th time this trip, a paper copy of the Adventures of Alice in Wonderland. Her teddy was sitting in her lap and she was for all intents and purposes quite comfortable for now. She'd caught up on sleep and had even managed to get a little food into her to stop the sick feeling she was getting, to much action for the moment and not enough sleep.

It was going to take 2 days to get to Omega, which would be enough time to rest however no food unless she could steal some without being spotted, she'd be ok she'd gone longer before now. Once more all but about a thousand credits of Ankka's pay check had been used up for her own reasons on the important things, she needed another job and fast other wise she couldn't keep up with the payments luckily the hospital bills had already been paid off.

Last page being turned she carefully put the book in it's protective case and back into her bag, looking round Norai found a loose floor panel to hide her bag under out of sight along with the blanket. She was warm enough now and the blanket wasn't exactly a subtle thing to hide under. Curling up behind the crates she settled down to sleep, going back to a nice dream of that human Eddie for at least some mental warmth and the thoughts that Ankka and Jai had been nice to her...

Hours pass.

Norai's arm got grabbed then men roughly hauling her to her feet as she tried to wake up, staggering against the man holding her. Blinking she awoke properly to see herself surrounded by alot of unhappy looking Humans turians and even a krogan. Apparently stowaways were not appreciated here.

"Goddess protect me...." She whispered seeing the looks she was getting.

At least her bag was safe.

Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Chaos » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:12 pm

<Jak> Jak stared at the machinery, figuring out what was wrong with it before even disassembling the thing. He was sitting in the shaft running underneath the main engine room chamber, people passing him by above him knowing not to bother him until he starts working.

<@Eddie> "It's just noise and chrome in here, isn't it?", Eddie pipped up, stepping past what he could only assume was some other vitally important 'do-not-touch-under-any-circumstances' console and leaning on what he hoped was a blank bulkhead devoid of a self-destruct switch, "You busy?", he called out to Jak.

<Jak> Jak's head swum with schematics and different ideas of what the cause of the malfunction could be. Strangely enough one of the schematics now had a vocal processing unit and it was asking wether he was busy. Jak blinked and looked up. "I was. No, not so much."

<@Eddie> Eddie smirked, shaking his head and unbuttoning the collar of his coat, "Hey! I'm over here, genius!", he waved to get Jak's attention.

<Jak> Jak looked back over to where the human was. "I know, I was just trying to remember where I left off with my diagnostics." Jak then squinted, "Are you here for a reason or just taking another tour? I noticed humans have a tendency to wander around a lot."

<@Eddie> "We're travellers, it's in our nature.", the human replied, approaching and running a hand through his hair, "Well...depending on what vids you watch: according to the Batarians we're savages.", Eddie grinned, "I erm....I'm sorry to bother you, should I come back later?"

<Jak> "No, you already bothered me from what I was doing, might as well make use of my attention." The drell smiled as he shifted out of the shaft to get into a more open space. "Are we about to engage in some chitchat or did you come down here with a purpose in mind?" Jak asked, his attention already going between Eddie and his omni-tool.

<@Eddie> Eddie pouted a little in reply, "Er....w-well, kind of yeah. I'm...sorry, I guess. I know I came across an asshole back on the Presidium and I wanted to make amends."

<Jak> The drell paused for a moment, hand hovering over the omni-tool, then the orange light flickered out. Black eyes went back to the human with interest. "I'm listening."

<@Eddie> "K....erm...", Eddie shuffled awkwardly on the spot, straightening up, "I'm sorry. You er....didn't catch me at my best. I guess Claar'is and I have a history and....i-in some ways I'm still kinda sore about it.", he confessed.

<Jak> Jak gave a blink. "Okay." he said, keeping emotions in check. Except for the rumbling of the engines all around them, there was a moment of awkward silence between them.

<@Eddie> "....y-you erm....you didn't actually think there was an issue, did you?", Eddie added after a few moments of choking solace.

<Jak> "Issue.. Oh, yes, I did think there was an issue. Big issue, issue so big that amends has to be made." Jak nodded. "How much amends do you think it's worth?" Jak had started to crack a smile again.

<@Eddie> Eddie blinked, then smirked again, "You're messin' with me here, aren't you?", he laughed a little - cocky Drell bastard, "Oooh, I don't know: shall we settle this like men at the poker table?"

<Jak> The Drell's smile froze in place, trying not to turn into a grin. "Poker, that's that card game you humans tend to play. Don't you use money with that as well?"

<@Eddie> "Only if you're half the man I am...", Eddie shrugged, "I'll go easy on you though; after all, I am supposed to be apologizing, hm?"

<Jak> "I would appreciate it, thank you. This card game, will it just be you and I, or will there be others?" Jak asked, having to first make sure who to get on his side before the game starts. Eddie seems to not know much of Drells, nor their uncanny memory. Jak will have to make sure Eddie stay uninformed until after the game.

<@Eddie> "Eeeh, invite who you like: I only really know To'sik, and I'm half sure if I didn't pay him so well he'd lynch me in my own bed.", Eddie laughed, shrugging again, "And of course, Claar'is, but I'm pretty certain she wants her money back from the last time she played me...", he tapped his nose, "She says it was luck on my part and the booze on hers, but it was aaaall talent."

<Jak> "Ah, very well, I do believe I know of some crewmembers that might want to tag along on this little game of cards." Jak said. He froze for a second, staring past Eddie as memories of learning poker flashed past his eyes. "Well then, I believe amends will be made and I still need to find out what is making the unusual sound in the auxilliary maintenance coreshaft."

<@Eddie> Eddie raised an eyebrow at the momentary trance, "Woah....er....you ok? You erm...you just look like you zoned out for a minute there."

<Jak> "I... I just remembered something that I had to do.... back in there." Jak pointed towards the shaft. "The captain did ask me to fix it before she comes down here."

<@Eddie> "Rrright.", Eddie nodded, "I should go.", he smiled a little, waving a lazy salute and stepping back the way he came.

<Jak> "Yes. Yes you should. And I should go and do the... thing." Jak shifted away from the retreating man, grinning as much as he could the second he was facing away.