What if...? DoFP

A section for all the stories we can't tell within the game, but still kick ass! Anything goes!

What if...? DoFP

Postby Svartfreja » Tue May 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Five years on from current game time... In a world where Tony Stark didn't get reelected.

The mutant-friendly Stark administration has been replaced with a much less mutant-friendly leadership. The decision to outlaw the Sentinel program has been repealed so they are once again on the streets and being used by the government to subdue mutants and round them up into camps. Mutants that are deemed useful to the government agenda are 'reeducated' and put to work. Those that remain are sent to the camps where the vast majority wear collars that suppress their powers, only those with powers that are deemed 'unthreatening' get to keep them.

Pockets of mutants in hiding can be found in abandoned buildings or far from the cities and living in the wild. Those in the cities live in constant fear of regular patrols in search of mutants, the most dangerous being those that contain brainwashed mutants with tracking abilities and Sentinels.

Many of the camps are based on prison structure with high security and lockdown capabilities. The guards don't bother to step in if the inmates want to fight and kill each other - one less mutant to worry about. The food is terrible, the boredom almost worse and there is the constant threat of violence just to relieve the tension. Newer camps and most camps for mutant children are less high security and more tents and prefabricated buildings. These are draughty and dusty places where medical help is almost non-existant.

What's that I hear you say?

'Oh no not another dystopian future whatif!'

But they're so fun! Think of all the drama! All the killing you can do that you can't do in regular game! All the hiding in holes and running away or breaking out of prisons full of other mutants. You can incite riots, use your powers for personal gain or try to keep Xavier's message alive and continue to help the ungrateful homosapiens.

What would your characters do trapped in a prison with their powers deactivated? Would they make alliances? Who would they ally with? Former enemies? Former friends? Perhaps they turned traitor for better treatment? Maybe they help the government hunt down other mutants? Was this forced or by choice for a better life? How do they feel about it? Do they fight against the control? Or do they try to ignore the burden of guilt on a daily basis? Are they trying to muddle through and live as normally as possible? Are they trying to fight back? Have they resigned themselves to their fate? What would it take to make them want to fight?
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: What if...? DoFP

Postby Svartfreja » Tue May 09, 2017 9:43 pm

<Viper> The lights came on with a loud 'clunk' all around the camp and Viper hissed at the brightness and rolled over to put her face into the pillow. The start of another shitty day. Joy. She wondered if she'd make it to their pathetic excuse for breakfast today or if she'd be ambushed again. By now, she was pretty sure the guards were in on it. It gave the prisoners an easier target for their rage.

<Viper> She sighed and sat up, running a hand through her hair and rolling out of the bed and onto her feet. She got dressed and attempted to make herself look somewhat presentable before the cell doors opened and the irritatingly loud claxon sounded the start of breakfast. She braced herself and stepped out into the corridor to join the crowd.

<Daken> Daken laid in his bed until a guard came by to yell at him to get his lazy ass up. He didn't want the food but he would at least see if there was a show to entertain him today. His first day in he had killed enough inmates for them to all leave him alone. But a few here and there always thought that they could manage to put him down.

<Daken> "Mmm maybe I'll just bring you in here for a little bite." Daken licked his lips before the guard went wide eyed and just went to deal with a different inmate.

<Viper> The doorway to the caffeteria was in sight. Maybe she'd make it today? ... Oooor never mind. She came to a stop as her path was blocked.

<Daken> Daken followed behind her and only looked up when he noticed their way was being blocked. He looked up to see the faces of who was in his way. "Move or I'll have an earlier breakfast than usual." He hated using them now that his healing factor was being blocked but if he had to he could cut his way through the simpletons.

<Viper> "Sure, we'll move." One of them replied, striding forward and grabbing Viper's arm before dragging her away from the doorway while his friends followed. Viper didn't bother putting up any resistance, it'd just delay the inevitable.

<Daken> Daken grabbed the guy and quickly punched him hard in the kidney, his claw slipping deep into the man's flesh. "Did I say take her with you? I want something nice to look at while I eat." He looked Viper over with eyes that made it seem like he might eat her.

<Viper> Viper was surprised, this was a new development. She looked between Daken and the others as they sized him up and considered their chances. Eventually, after what seemed like an agonisingly long time, they moved forward, picked up their friend, and walked away. Viper still didn't relax, wondering what new trouble she'd find herself in now.

<Daken> "Better move along or I'll get hungry." He licked his lips. Daken so enjoyed killing, especially in the morning. The smell of blood on his fist riled him up just enough for him to walk more lively. If they hadn't taken his powers away Daken might have found this place fun. "What's your name?"

<Viper> She raised an eyebrow, "I don't know why you did that or why you care what my name is... but my advice to you would be to stay away from me."

<Daken> "I don't care for you in the slightest." Daken said without hesitating. "You do look very tasty though." He licked the blood off his face and then cringed a little. "Too much iron."

<Viper> "I suppose I should thank you for the compliment..." she frowned as they entered the caffeteria. She couldn't remember the last time she'd managed to actually get food. Now the smell of even their meager offerings was making her realise how hungry she was.

<Daken> Daken got his plate and pulled an even worse face. Then again maybe he would still hate it. "They do that often? You must either be weak or look even tastier under those ugly clothes."

<Viper> The food didn't look at all appetising but it was something. And there was coffee, even if it was terrible coffee. "Every day..." she sighed. "And that's not what they want me for..."

<Daken> "Then what? Why are you so hated?" Daken laughed a little. "You must have pissed someone off. My suggestion. Kill enough of them they won't come near you."

<Viper> "There'll be more where they came from. The guards told them some things about me... I think it's become their source of entertainment." She found a table and sat down at it to eat.

<Daken> "They know better than to mess with me. So enjoy whatever it is they call this." Daken found a spot to sit before he started to eat.

<Viper> "Apparently it's food... at the moment, I don't think I care what it is as long as it's edible." She forced herself to eat slowly.

<Daken> Daken just sighed and kept on eating. After a few moments he looked at one of the people watching them. "If you interrupt me I will kill you and make you my next meal." He went back to eating. "They are looking at you with so much blood lust. It's making me want to go wild." Daken grinned.

<Viper> "As soon as you leave, they'll come for me," she told him, "You may have stopped them this morning but you can't stop them every time... I am grateful for this morning though... I don't remember the last time I ate anything."

<Daken> "Mmm maybe I'll stick around you longer. It seems like it could be fun." Daken grabbed the first guy that was dumb enough to come near and put his face into the table. "Bad luck for you." He snapped his neck before pushing him off of it.

<Viper> "You're doing their job for them..." she frowned. "Honestly, there's no point..."

<Daken> "Until I get out of here I will have all the fun I can. If you're concerned, I've also killed fifteen guards and maimed three. I think they look better now."

<Viper> "Killing the guards seems a much better application of your skills." She finished her tiny portion and sighed internally at the empty plate before picking up the cup of what they had the audacity to call coffee. "Have you heard of Hydra?"

<Daken> "Heh so that's why they hate you. I tend to keep much more low key. These idiots just think I'm going to kill all of them." He grinned wide. "Or eat them."

<Viper> "The guards told them who I was... I think they were hoping that way they'd target me instead of them... looks like it worked."

<Daken> "And here I thought you Hydra people were better trained." He laughed a little. "Maybe you'll have to make some friends."

<Viper> "I have plenty of training. But even I can't handle twenty at once without a weapon... and I certainly don't think it's a good idea to make my problems someone elses." Her eyes scanned the room and landed on a familiar profile sitting on the opposite side.

<Daken> "I did just fine my first day. It sounds like you won't last too long in here then." Daken reached down and searched the pockets of the guy who had attacked, it had lots of interesting things in it.

<Viper> "Well you started it," she pointed out, distracted by his movement and looking at him again. "It's different when you get to choose."

<Daken> "I have killed more than a few that have attacked me. Then they just stopped attacking me." He smirked. "I think it had to do with when I bit out the guard's jugular."

<Viper> Her nose wrinkled and she self consciously ran her tongue over a fang, "Biting is a last resort where I am concerned."

<Daken> "You're starting to bore me. Do you have no fire left in you?" Daken smirked at her. "Where is the darkness that I hear so much about when Hydra is involved."

<Viper> "When you are beaten three times or more daily for the things you did whilst with Hydra over a period of a year, it somewhat loses its lustre." And now there was no more terrible coffee either. She rose from her seat, bending to quietly add, "What little fight I do have is awaiting an opportunity to escape from this hell hole. If I fight back the guards will punish me and I may lose that chance."

<Daken> "Sigh well I guess I shall just have to entertain myself." Daken pocketed all the stuff he found and cracked his neck. "Hmm who should I kill first. Or maybe I should just put you out of your misery."

<Viper> "You can't," she told him, "Believe me, I've frequently wished that was an option of late."

<Daken> "You're just all around no fun." Daken rolled his eyes. "Well you enjoy your life of being beaten down."

<Viper> "What would you suggest?" She was getting irritated now and something of her old fire sparked behind her eyes, "I have no friends here."

<Daken> "You're not doing very good at making any." Daken got up to head back to his cell. "Good luck on your own."

<Viper> She sighed, "Well I've never been good at that." She dropped off her empty plate and cup, "Thank you for earlier..."

<Daken> Daken rolled his eyes. "You don't pick up on hints very well either." Off to his cell he'd go if she wanted to die here she could.

<Viper> She frowned a little at that, looking away, "It's not my fault."

<Daken> "Do you expect me to care? Take the initiative find a way to not get yourself killed then." He just shook his head as he walked off.

<Viper> Ugh. Other people were infuriating. This was why she liked her own company. She scowled at his back as he walked away. She hated other people, so why was she walking after him?

<Daken> "It looks like I have a shadow. Is your survival instinct kicking in?" Daken didn't even look back at her.

<Viper> "Maybe..." she wasn't really sure. "What do you want from me anyway? Why do you even care whether or not I give up?"

<Daken> "I enjoy looking at you. Maybe I want to keep you as a pet?" He turned into his cell to sit down on his bed. They hadn't given him a new cellmate since he had killed all the others.

<Viper> "And if I don't want to be anyone's pet?" she paused in his doorway, raising an eyebrow at him.

<Daken> "Then I guess you don't need my protection do you?" Daken found a comfortable position on his bed.

<Viper> "I'll survive without it..." she pointed out, "What do you think you'll get out of protecting me?"

<Daken> "Pass the time? Enjoyment?" Daken laughed a little. "I'm stuck in here until I figure out how to get my powers back so why not find a fun way to pass the time?"

<Viper> "Are you thinking I might sleep with you?" She straightened up in the doorway, "I'm not going to whore myself out to you."

<Daken> Daken laughed a little. "You say no but you were the one to suggest it. Are you getting pent up?"

<Viper> She frowned at him. "What did you mean then?"

<Daken> "And why should I tell you?" He pulled a book from under his pillow and opened it to read.

<Viper> "Because if you don't your entertainment might walk away."

<Daken> "Oh you'll be entertaining either way. And if not I can always find a new plaything to enjoy. My numbers are rising though. I do hope they don't send your protector somewhere else." He smirked.

<Viper> "You're not my protector. You helped me once. That's a fluke."

<Daken> "Do you really think had I left you be after that they wouldn't have come for revenge? They won't come after me. You're their only target."

<Viper> "And I will continue to be their target. I can't go everywhere accompanied and I don't wish to be in anyone's debt."

<Daken> "Then I guess you must make this arrangement mutually beneficial to me. And maybe I'll make sure you don't run into trouble anymore."

<Viper> "And what is it you want?" She folded her arms across her chest.

<Daken> "I don't know. You'll just have to figure out how to entertain me." He set his book down and stood up. "How about a little play first." Daken started walking closer to her. "But first you have to decide if we have an agreement."

<Viper> "I never agree to anything without full disclosure of terms." She raised an eyebrow.

<Daken> "What have I not told you?" Daken cocked his head while he looked at her.

<Viper> "How am I to make this mutually beneficial? You still haven't told me what you want from me."

<Daken> "To entertain me. Was that not clear?" Daken moved close to her again. "Your answer?"

<Viper> "In what fashion am I to entertain you?" Her posture stiffened.

<Daken> "That's for you to decide. Are you scared?" He watched her.

<Viper> "Should I be?"

<Daken> "Why would you be? It wouldn't be very entertaining to attempt to kill you after going to the trouble of protecting you this morning."

<Viper> "I didn't say I was. I asked if I should be. You haven't answered either of my questions."

<Daken> "For now I would say no. And I have you just don't like the answer."

<Viper> "It's too ambiguous." She turned on her heel and started to walk away. She could live without his help.

<Daken> "Hmm and I didn't think it would be that hard of a task. I guess you're not all that special then."

<Viper> "Because I won't sleep with you? Please." She rolled her eyes and raised her hand in a wave.

<Daken> "And we're back to the sex. You must be really pent up. You have fingers to entertain your sexual desires don't you?"

<Viper> "Then what do you want?" She turned back to face him, "Just say it."

<Daken> "I want you to entertain me. If you don't want to have sex with me. Though I'm starting to doubt your convictions. Then you'll have to find a different way to entertain me."

<Viper> "That's entirely too much effort for something I don't need. Find someone else to be your plaything."

<Daken> "I guess you weren't very fun in the first place." He rolled his eyes and went back to his bed to read.

<Daken> "Let those idiots beat you to a sniveling pulp again. Who am I to care."

<Viper> "I don't snivel." She called back, a hard edge entering her tone. If nothing else, he'd started to make her feel like her old self again.

<Daken> "It didn't seem that way to me. Just willing to let any wimp beat on you." Daken opened his book to start reading again. "Enjoy your beatings. It sounds to me like they're looking for you."

<Viper> Ugh. She could see them coming up the stairs. Well, she didn't need to use the stairs. She vaulted the railing and landed neatly on the floor below confusing her would-be attackers as she vanished into the crowd on the way back to her cell.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Postby Svartfreja » Tue May 09, 2017 9:44 pm

<Viper> The next morning, Viper was ready to go before the cell doors were unlocked. As soon as she could leave her cell, she did and at a run. She wanted to make it to the finishline today.

<Daken> Daken lazily made it out of his cell. "Oh she has some spice left in her it seems." He followed along to get his breakfast for the morning.

<Viper> She dodged around the two early risers and made it into the caffeteria, taking her 'food' and 'coffee' and sitting down. Her table was soon surrounded by the usual crowd - minus the one Daken had incapacitated the day before. She ignored them and continued eating.

<Daken> Daken made it into the cafeteria and got his food. "Hmm I wonder how she will handle this." He took a seat where he could watch.

<Viper> Once her plate and mug were empty, Viper raised her gaze. "Can I help you?" "Did you want an audience today?" one of them asked. Viper's expression slid into a smirk. "Oh yes." Without warning, her plate and cup were thrown in the faces of two of the largest and then she used her spoon's handle to maim as many of the others as she could before she pounced on their leader.

<Daken> Daken laughed a little. "She does have spunk." He watched her as he ate his food, if you could call it food.

<Viper> She jammed the spoon up into his neck, "Listen very carefully because I don't like to repeat myself. I am done being your punching bag. Find some other way to get your kicks." She moved away from him, but made sure to assist the lesson in sticking by ramming the spoon deep into his leg. "It's just a flesh wound but I made sure it will hurt. Next time I'll hit an artery." She straightened up and strolled to the door.

<Daken> "Well aren't you a show off?" Daken smirked over at her. "It seems I have inspired you."

<Viper> "That was not showing off. That was making a point." she returned the expression, "There would have been a lot more blood if I'd been showing off."

<Daken> "Well then I'll look forward to more shows. That was quite interesting." He smirked.

<Viper> "I used to be quite formidable," she replied, "I think a year of penance is enough to cover my sins."

<Daken> "You are growing more and more interesting. Maybe you'll reach my numbers if I grow lazy."

<Viper> "Numbers of what? Killings or maimings?" she raised an eyebrow.

<Daken> "I don't usually leave them alive unless I want to play with them."

<Viper> "I like to leave them alive. Seeing the fear on their faces later pleases me."

<Daken> "That might come back to bite you in the ass. These fools don't have much to live for. The last inmate I left alive decided to attempt to jump me with more friends. One of them had quite delicious blood."

<Viper> "Well then that'll make it more interesting for you, won't it?"

<Daken> "Yes it will. I can't wait to see how this turns out."

<Viper> "So is this what you wanted when you asked for entertainment? You wanted to see why I'd earned so much hatred?"

<Daken> "I didn't care how you did it. I just wanted to be entertained. This place is quite boring."

<Viper> "I don't think it's supposed to be interesting. They don't want to overstimulate us and incite a riot or something."

<Daken> "It's just a matter of time. Either that or they will put me into some deep dark hole." He shrugged.

<Viper> "I doubt that, this is America. I think they've forgotten the elegance of an oubliette."

<Daken> "They are quite wimpy. These guards are quite weak. Maybe I shall leave sometime."

<Viper> "Their guards may be weak but their security is excellent. There may be some way around it, however."

<Daken> "It sounds like you have some ideas?" He got up and moved towards her.

<Viper> "I've had rather a lot of experience running large facilities with impenetrable security. If I can't find a way around it, what hope is there for anyone else?"

<Daken> "I made a living getting in to said places and murdering the ones it guarded." He smirked.

<Viper> "I don't think I've ever seen you in one of my facilities," she countered. "I'd have remembered."

<Daken> "No one hired me to assassinate you. But then, you wouldn't remember me then either." Daken grinned. "Maybe I will leave this hell hole. It was fun for a time. But if you're planning to go then I don't know how much more fun I will have."

<Viper> "Anyone who is not planning to leave at the earliest oportunity deserves to be in here." Her expression was one of disgust. "Someone did try to assassinate me once...."

<Daken> "I guess that means you don't want my help." Daken just shrugged and started back for his cell.

<Viper> "When did I say that?"

<Daken> "I have yet to escape but I am quite capable of it." Daken continued to his cell.

<Viper> "Anyone could say that. Where is your proof?"

<Daken> "I openly kill guards with no care of what the repercussions might be?" Daken shrugged.

<Viper> "That is no proof that you could escape this facility. How do you plan on getting through their doors? Or the walls? The open ground beyond? Or that fetching little collar around your neck?"

<Daken> "Come to my cell." Daken didn't wait for her

<Viper> She frowned, not overly fond of following instructions that sounded like orders, but followed anyway.

<Daken> Daken got into his room and waited for her. Once she was in the room he pulled out a block with lots of hidden items behind it. "It's not hard at all to leave places like this. You just have to have the right tools."

<Viper> "Knowing how to use them also helps," she peered inside, "And I know a lot of things about a lot of things."

<Daken> Daken easily got the collar off of himself with a few of the tools he had stolen. "I'm guessing you still doubt me?"

<Viper> "A little less." She conceded, "You realise if we plan an escape, there is one other that I would insist we bring along."

<Daken> "Without this I can walk out of here whenever I want." Daken let his claw slip out and stabbed it through his own arm before withdrawing it and watching it heal over completely. "And that is not even remotely my best skill."

<Viper> "The person I would want to bring is not a healer... but she's fast. And she can fly."

<Daken> "Why would I want to bring anyone with me?" Daken moved back to the bed to sit down on it.

<Viper> "Well you needn't but it's an option. I'm just saying... if I go, she goes. I made a promise."

<Daken> "Then I guess you should either persuade me to help you get her out or find a way out yourself."

<Viper> "If you don't want to help that's your decision. I can find my own way out. I fail to see why you insist that I persuade you to do everything. Do you not have a will of your own to decide whether or not you wish to do smething?"

<Daken> "I do what I want when I want." He got up and returned the displaced brick. "Once I leave however it will make it much harder on you I'm sure."

<Viper> "Then I'll have to make sure I leave first," she replied with a smirk, "Or you could decide on your own that your odds are better with numbers." She could just as easily turn him and his toolkit in.

<Daken> "Are you ready to leave now? Because I could leave at anytime." He smirked back.

<Viper> "Then why haven't you?"

<Daken> "Don't feel like it." He went back to his bed and laid down. "It sounded rather boring. There isn't much left out there."

<Viper> "That depends on where you look now, doesn't it?"

<Daken> "I hadn't found anything left entertaining out there."

<Viper> "What exactly is your definition of entertainment because it seems to me if you're this bored all of the time you may as well find a way to end your life while you have that collar on."

<Daken> "You are quite the peach aren't you?" He rolled his eyes. What of any of that came off as suicidal?

<Viper> "I'm just saying... if nothing is fun anymore then why bother? In here is boring, outside is boring. What is left for you? Or have you forgotten how to make your own fun?"

<Daken> "Oh I could make all the fun I want now, but then eventually it would be gone again and I would have to deal with them finding out I have my powers again."

<Viper> "There is more fun in this life than killing people."

<Daken> "Maybe. But I quite enjoy it." He started to fill the little cell with lust pheromones. "I can find fun in many different ways."

<Viper> "Then find it rather than moping about how there is none anymore. Perhaps it'd be fun to help fellow mutants rather than help the humans kill us. Have you considered that?"

<Daken> "I hold no care for them. If they bleed then they're just as fun to kill as the humans." He slipped a single claw out and toyed with it, still filling the little cell with his pheromones.

<Viper> "Then we should part ways. I believe in preserving mutantkind."

<Daken> "Good luck with your philanthropic ways. Good luck getting out of here."

<Viper> "Philanthropic? Hardly. Mutants are the future." She turned for the hall.

<Daken> "Yet we are still subjugated by the weak and unevolved." He rolled his eyes. She was one of those kinds, Daken couldn't roll his eyes hard enough.

<Viper> "Because of mutants like you giving the rest of us a bad name and having no direction at all in their own lives."

<Daken> "I have been alive too long to give any fuck about your philosophies. Humans will always be here and they will always fear our powers and find some way to negate or stop it. You won't succeed."

<Viper> "So terribly defeatist. It's a wonder you're still alive when you can't see the point. I don't understand people like you."

<Daken> "Life is a cycle it doesn't change." He got comfortable on his bed. Maybe he would find some place with a comfortable bed.

<Viper> "Change only happens when people put in an effort. If you don't like the way something is you do something about it and you certainly don't accept failure as an option."

<Daken> Daken laughed a little. "Dream big fail big. I like what I do and I do what I like. I have no reason to care about anyone else's existence."

<Viper> "Then enjoy your loneliness." She raised a hand in a wave and headed out into the corridor.

<Daken> Daken laughed harder at that. "You say the funniest things."
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Postby Svartfreja » Tue May 09, 2017 9:45 pm

<Carol> Carol stood up on the roof, pointing out landmarks to Miriam as the sun started to sink below the tops of the buildings. The little girl nodded while she clung to her but Carol was pretty sure she had no idea what she was talking about.

<Christopher> Chris came back from searching for supplies to their shelter for the night. He had plenty of wood and a few things of food. It sadly wasn't much, but it would do.

<Carol> "Time to go back inside," Carol shifted her hold on the girl and walked to the edge of the roof to head back in by one of the broken windows on the upper floor.

<Christopher> He brought the supplies to where they were hiding. "I managed to get some things... Not much though."

<Beth> Beth looked up and gave him a smile, "Better than nothing." She glanced over toward the stairs, "Carol and Miriam are coming back in. They've been on the roof again."

<Christopher> "One cutie is enough to make me happy." Chris flirted playfully. "I'll try to find more tomorrow. But we have plenty of wood if we want to make a fire to keep warm."

<Carol> "You don't need a fire - you've got me." Carol gave him a grin, setting Miriam on her feet and watching her run over to Beth and plonk down beside her.

<Christopher> "I'm starting to think you just like when I touch on you." Chris gave her a little wink.

<Carol> "Pfft. Someone thinks a whole lot of himself." She headed over to join the other girls and sat down at the table.

<Beth> Beth giggled, "I don't think she's going to fall for it," she told Chris, "Better quit while you're behind."

<Christopher> "I'm a glutton for punishment. You're still my favorite Beth, don't worry." He laughed a little.

<Beth> "Yeah, yeah," she rolled her eyes but grinned anyway, shaking her head as she dealed cards to play snap with Miriam.

<Christopher> "You know I'm just loveable." Chris found a spot to sit.

<Beth> "You're incorrigable." She shook her head again, "Okay. Am I going first or you?" she asked Miriam. Miriam put a card down with a grin, "Okay then."

<Christopher> "I'd say something but there's innocent ears." Chris stuck his tongue out at Beth and tried his best to get comfortable.

<Beth> "And what about my ears?" She argued as Miriam yelled 'SNAP!' and put both hands on the pile of cards, "Oh poo, now look what you made me do. I missed a snap."

<Christopher> You like it. Chris opened up his shields to send her that little thought. "My fault, guess I'll have to make it up to you."

<Beth> You really think so? "It's okay, I'll get the next one," she nodded. "No!" Miriam argued, "I'm getting it!" "Okay then," Beth laughed.

<Carol> "She told you," Carol laughed too and high-fived Miriam.

<Christopher> Think it has to do with I'm cute. "Take solace in the fact you could beat me anytime? Not my kind of game."

<Beth> "Don't have the reflexes?" Beth glanced at him before laying down her next card, Think it has to do with your head being too big.

<Christopher> "Too easily distracted." Wonder who does that to me?

<Beth> "By what? There's nothing here." She giggled when Carol mouthed 'boobs' at her. Your over active imagination?

<Christopher> Maybe a certain cutie. "There's plenty I'm not on trial here I don't need to defend myself." He blew a raspberry at the both of them.

<Carol> Carol laughed, "Who says?"

<Beth> You mean Miriam? She's the only cutie I see in here. The other people are grown ass adults who probably don't want to be called 'cutie'.

<Christopher> Gorgeous? Attractive? Your choice. "Says me." Chris flicked something at Carol.

<Beth> You're like ten years older than me...

<Carol> "What if I disagree? I can totally beat you in a fight."

<Christopher> Sorry forget about it. Chris ignored Carol and just laid back against the wall. This place was uncomfortable.

<Carol> Carol gave him a shove. "I'm hungry."

<Christopher> "There's some stuff in my bag over there. Just grabbed whatever I could find."

<Beth> She couldn't help laughing, "Are you suggesting that Carol cooks?"

<Christopher> "Guess I'll make something?" He sighed, getting up to make something. He wanted to relax a little after gathering supplies.

<Beth> "You know it's for the best. You saw what happened to the peas." Beth reminded him as Miriam claimed another snap.

<Christopher> "They were edible... Horrible, but edible." Chris grabbed a few things out of his pack and went to find a way to cook it.

<Beth> "What was left of them." Beth gave him a grin.

<Carol> "I can't be awesome at everything..." Carol said in her defence.

<Christopher> Chris gave Beth a little smile. Her rebuking him made him a little colder. "Apparently not. Cuz your cooking is attrocious."

<Carol> "Have I ever once said I can cook?" Carol reminded him, "I'm pretty sure I tell everyone that I ever meet that I shouldn't cook. Ever."

<Christopher> "Then don't? Guess y'all will starve without me." He started making some kind of soup with what they had since it would make their supplies last longer.

<Carol> "You could teach Beth how to cook, I'm pretty sure she can learn."

<Beth> "I can learn but right now I'm busy."

<Christopher> "If you want." Chris yawned a little. "I'll try to get more next time then."

<Beth> "I wish I could come with you so you could get more stuff easier but...." she sighed. "Stuck here."

<Christopher> Chris did the best he could with what little they had and made them each a bowl of soup. "It's a shitty world out there. You wouldn't like it."

<Beth> "I know what it's like out there... That doesn't mean I'd be any less useful on a supply run." She frowned.

<Carol> "Hey, watch your language..." she dreaded to think what Sebastian's reaction would be if she handed Miriam back cursing.

<Christopher> Chris brought them all some food and left off getting himself any in case they wanted more. "Oops. And I'm not saying you wouldn't be helpful Beth."

<Beth> "It sounded like you were." She set the cards aside, assuring Miriam they could play some more after they ate and reminding the girl to blow on her food before she ate it because it was hot.

<Carol> Carol looked up at Chris, "Where's yours?"

<Christopher> "I'll eat whatever's left. I don't need to eat. Healing factor." He found his spot against the wall again. "Let Miriam or whoever needs it have seconds."

<Carol> "We should probably save some for Sebastian..." Carol frowned a little, wondering why he wasn't back yet. "But you shouldn't starve yourself..."

<Christopher> "I'm fine, Carol. Just drop it. I'm not going to be hurt by not eating." Chris closed his eyes to at least feign taking a nap.

<Carol> She held up her hands in quiet surrender, "Okay, okay..."

<Christopher> Chris folded his arms over his chest wanting to at least stay a little warm. A yawn escaping his mouth, apparently he was a little tired.

<Carol> Carol finished up her share and abandoned her bowl while she waited for Beth and Miriam who were slower eaters to finish up. She sat down next to Chris and leaned against him, using her powers to warm the air a little. "You okay?" She asked quietly.

<Christopher> "Yeah, just tired of all this. It's lonely and shitty." Chris sighed.

<Carol> "How can you be lonely when you've got us?" She gave him a small smile before settling her head on his shoulder.

<Christopher> "You really are blonde aren't you?" Chris let out another yawn.

<Carol> She frowned, "What's that supposed to mean?" She lifted her head, "You've got a hell of a weird mood on you today..."

<Christopher> "I'm a hell of a weirdo." Chris ran a hand through his hair before opening his eyes. "Not gonna let me nap are you?"

<Carol> "Not until you tell me what's gotten into you today..." She shifted to face him better.

<Christopher> "Nothing, Carol. Shit's getting to me that's all." He rubbed his eye a little.

<Carol> She wrapped her arms around him for a tight hug, "How about I come with you tomorrow?"

<Christopher> "If you want." Chris hugged her back with one arm. "Poor Beth will have to entertain Miriam without your help."

<Carol> "I'm sure she can manage it, she has that psychic thing going for her." Carol pressed a kiss to his cheek.

<Christopher> "Why're you bein all cute all of a sudden?" Chris poked at her a little.

<Carol> She squirmed at the poking, "You're my best friend... I don't like to see you hurting...."

<Christopher> "Alright alright." Chris hugged her. "Just don't worry too much about me okay? Can't have you getting distracted by my awesome."

<Carol> "Pfft, I'm way too awesome to get distracted when I'm working." She returned the hug and snuggled a little.

<Christopher> "If you say so." Chris cuddled with Carol and started to feel sleepy again. A bigger yawn escaped him.

<Carol> "Okay you need to rest up some if you're not gonna eat." She lifted her head and got carefully to her feet offering him a hand, "Bed."

<Christopher> "Why, Carol? Are you trying to get me into your bed? I didn't know you were so forward." He teased her a little before taking her hand.

<Carol> She pulled him to his feet to drag him to where they'd been sleeping - it was slightly less draughty there than everywhere else in the building. "If I wanted you in my bed you wouldn't have to ask what I was doing."

<Christopher> "Who says I'd go willingly?" Chris bumped her a little. "Maybe I'm not that easy." Another yawn managed to escape as he stretched a little. Without eating he didn't have as much energy as usual. It wouldn't hurt his body but he wouldn't be at his peak.

<Carol> "Pfft, like you'd have a choice," She laughed, looping an arm around his shoulders, "I'll try to keep Miriam quiet so you can get a decent nap, okay?"

<Christopher> "Hey no means no missy." Chris pinched her butt playfully. "She's okay. Let her have as much fun as she can in this crap situation..."

<Carol> She yelped a little bit at the pinch but tried to keep it as quiet as she could so she didn't draw attention. "You sure? You already skipped dinner.... don't really want you to suffer any more..."

<Christopher> "I'm sure, Carol." He went for a hug instead of another pinch. Chris let the hug linger giving her a gentle squeeze, which was all he could muster without a little kinetic energy.

<Carol> She hugged back tightly, pressing her face into his shoulder and closing her eyes. For a few moments she could pretend everything was okay.

<Christopher> Chris ran his hand up and down her back, rubbing it gently. He could feel how tight the muscles in her back were. "You okay Carol?" Chris kept massaging her back with one hand.

<Carol> She nodded, "I'm fine... can't really complain..." she lifted her head, brushing a kiss against his cheek before stepping back a little. "I should let you get some rest...."

<Christopher> "You should get some too, Carol. You're too tight." He made an obvious sex joke to lighten the mood. "At least let me rub your back sometimes. Not good to be this tense."

<Carol> "I can't afford to relax... too much at stake..." she glanced back to Beth and Miriam. "Get some sleep, okay? We can talk later...."

<Christopher> "Don't make me tie you to the bed." He started to take his boots off, still teasing her.

<Carol> She laughed, "Kinky."

<Christopher> "I'm full of surprises. Some are pretty interesting." Chris smirked before he gave her a little wink.

<Carol> She gave him a shove, still giggling quietly, "Go to sleep."

<Christopher> "Come over here and make me." Chris shoved her back and laughed a little before he peeled his shirt off.

<Carol> "I'd offer to punch you but I know that wouldn't really work on you." She offered a half smile before turning away, "I'll see you later, okay? Have a nice nap."

<Christopher> "You know I'd like it." He stuck his tongue out at her before getting comfortable. "Yeah. I'm not going anywhere."

<Carol> She gave him a small wave, drawing the curtain over to keep in what little warmth there was and give him some privacy before she returned to the others.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Postby Svartfreja » Tue May 09, 2017 9:46 pm

<Carol> Carol paced the upper most floor of their hideout in an attempt to relieve some of the tension building up inside. She wanted to be up on the roof, maybe take a flight... but she couldn't risk being spotted. With some frustration, she kicked a beat up chair across the open space then sat down on the floor and put her head in her hands.

<Christopher> Chris had come upstairs to look for Carol when he'd woken up and noticed she wasn't around. "Hey, what'd that chair ever do to you, goldilocks?" He went into the room and over to where she was sitting.

<Carol> She startled a little at his arrival and lifted her face from her palms, peering at him from between the curtains of her hair, "It was in the wrong place at the wrong time."

<Christopher> "Poor chair." He moved over to her and sat directly behind her. Before she could protest, Chris started to rub her back gently.

<Carol> She made a small sound of protest when he started and tried to move away but then decided it felt nice and just moved her hair out of the way instead. "I just hate being stuck here..."

<Christopher> "I know, Carol." Chris kept rubbing her back slowly, adding more pressure to soothe her tense muscles. "I don't like being stuck here either."

<Carol> "But you leave every day to look for stuff... I just... I miss flying... I miss feeling useful..."

<Christopher> "You're useful. You know Miriam loves you and you're protecting us if anything happens." Chris broke the massage to wrap his arms around her and pull her close to his body for a warm hug. "Plus you take care of my dumb ass."

<Carol> She sighed and leaned back into him, "That's not the kind of useful I'm used to being... I don't like being the sit on my ass and wait kind of useful..."

<Christopher> "You could try sitting on your head." Chris squeezed her and cuddled her a little. "I could suggest other things but you might hit me." He leaned back to start rubbing her back again.

<Carol> "If you keep doing that I might let you get away with it...." She closed her eyes, leaning forward to give him more room to work.

<Christopher> "I'll remember that if I ever want to butter you up." Chris worked any tense spots, just trying to help her relax.

<Carol> "Uh oh, now I'm gonna be paranoid every time you do something nice..."

<Christopher> "What? Wouldn't be worth it?" Chris laughed a little.

<Carol> "It sort of ruins the niceness..." she glanced at him.

<Christopher> "Well I promise I'm just being nice now to try and cheer you up." He pulled her into another hug.

<Carol> She leaned back into him again, tipping her head back to rest it on his shoulder and lifting a hand to stroke it over his hair.

<Christopher> "Feels good." Chris just held onto her. "You okay Carol?"

<Carol> "I'm fine... why wouldn't I be? I'm just... bored, I guess...." she sighed.

<Christopher> "Physically yeah, you're more awesome than me, remember?" He gave her a tighter squeeze. "I meant emotionally. Shit's been rough. I just want to make sure you're okay too."

<Carol> "I'm okay," she turned her head and nuzzled the side of his face a little, "I just hate feeling powerless...."

<Christopher> "I know, Carol. I have to be more careful when I'm out... Little glow is not a good thing." Chris rested his forehead on her shoulder.

<Carol> "Yeah... I meant it when I offered to come with you, you know... it'd give me something to do... I just feel bad leaving Beth to watch Miriam..."

<Christopher> "I'm sure they'd be fine. It's not like I leave for days. Though... I've thought about it to try and find more supplies..." Chris just cuddled into her, enjoying the warmth of her body.

<Carol> "I don't know about that... if something happened and they had to move...." she frowned a little.

<Christopher> "Yeah that's what I worried about too." Chris sighed a little. "You should get some sleep, Carol."

<Carol> She shook her head, "I can't... I have too much energy stored up... it's kind of starting to effect my vision...."

<Christopher> "Any way to help with that other than using your powers?" Chris ran his hands up and down her arms.

<Carol> "I could try burning some of it off by heating the place, I guess.... but I'm not sure it'll do much good."

<Christopher> "You could zap at me if we found somewhere no one would see us." Chris offered her.

<Carol> "We'd have to leave the city... maybe find some wood somewhere..." she frowned a little.

<Christopher> "Or find a closed off basement where no one can see us." Chris gave her a little squeeze.

<Carol> "I think I'd feel better if it was somewhere out of the city... less chance of some patrol picking up weird energy signatures where they shouldn't..." She shifted to turn more toward him, "I'll think about it."

<Christopher> "Yeah, I'm sure we can figure something out, Carol." Chris tried to reassure her with a warm smile.

<Carol> She returned the smile, twisting to wrap her arms around his shoulders. "Of course we will."

<Christopher> Chris squeezed her a little tighter. "There we go optimism."

<Carol> "I'm naturally optimistic... I just got reprogrammed by the military for worst case scenario... it's a hard habit to break." She returned the squeeze and turned her head to kiss his cheek.

<Christopher> Chris gave her another gentle squeeze and held her close. "Don't make me tickle you."

<Carol> She pulled back a little, feigning shock and disbelief, "Why would you do that?"

<Christopher> "To make you smile." Chris laughed a little and started to move his fingers over her.

<Carol> "Noooo!" she squirmed away from him.

<Christopher> "Hey!" Chris laughed a little. "I wasn't done hugging you."

<Carol> "Promise you're not gonna tickle me?" She was skeptical.

<Christopher> "Do I have to?" Chris grinned, holding his arms out wide for a hug. "I guess."

<Carol> Well he couldn't be crossing his fingers because she could see his hands so she moved back to him, curling up close to him and sliding her arms around him.

<Christopher> "You're a doofus, you know that right?" Chris squeezed her tightly, just enjoying the closeness. He missed this more than he would admit.

<Carol> "I'm still smarter than you." She argued, returning the squeeze.

<Christopher> "If you say so." He just cuddled into her. "I did have two Masters degrees."

<Carol> "One of them was in art." She prodded him in the ribs with a grin.

<Christopher> "Hey art is awesome." Chris tickled her. "And you get tickles for insulting it."

<Carol> She giggled, trying to defend herself, "I wasn't insulting it! I was disqualifying it from your measure of smartness!"

<Christopher> Chris kept his hands away from her so his fingers could move across her body and find all her ticklish spots. "Pfft sounded insulting either way!"

<Carol> "Only because you're not as smart as me!" she couldn't help herself.

<Christopher> "Oh that's it!" Chris manage to pin her under him. His hands still tickling her relentlessly. "I'm going to tickle you into submission now!"

<Carol> She giggled harder, the tickling working against her efforts to try and defend herself because she was laughing too much.

<Christopher> Chris just kept tickling her, enjoying the fun and her laughter. "Admit it. I'm awesome."

<Carol> "I never said you weren't!" she protested, trying to grab his hands.

<Christopher> Chris avoided her hands, his still running across her body tickling it. "Admit I'm smart too."

<Carol> "I didn't say you weren't smart either!" she rolled over and tried to curl up to protect her most ticklish parts.

<Christopher> "Guess I'm going to keep tickling you forever!" Chris kept working on tickling her.

<Carol> "Noooo that's meeeeeean!" She attempted an escape.

<Christopher> "No it's not. You just have to admit defeat!" Chris wouldn't let her get away. He just kept tickling her.

<Carol> "But I don't wanna!" she rolled over again and decided to employ her flight powers and the nice high ceiling to try and escape again.

<Christopher> "Hey that's cheating." Chris laughed a little as he finally let her get away from him.

<Carol> "It's not cheating, it's using my brain." She poked her tongue out at him now that she was safely out of reach.

<Christopher> "Pfft it's using your powers. You're just too scared I'd win." Chris stuck his tongue back out at her.

<Carol> "Tickling is not winning. That is cheating."

<Christopher> "Pfft how?" Chris sat back on his butt trying hard not to laugh more.

<Carol> "Because it's underhanded! It's not even a proper argument against anything. You were afraid you'd lose."

<Christopher> "Pfft you're looking like the scared one to me all the way over there."

<Carol> "I don't wanna be tickled," she poouted, "I was enjoying the cuddles."

<Christopher> "I was too until you took a jab at my intelligence." Chris laid back staring up at the ceiling.

<Carol> "You can't admit I'm smarter than you?" She put her hands on her hips.

<Christopher> "Make me." Chris stuck his tongue out at her.

<Carol> "I shouldn't have to," she protested, "No more tickling or I'm going up to the roof where you can't follow."

<Christopher> "Alright no tickling. Swear this time." He sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

<Carol> She lowered herself back down to the floor, standing with her arms folded.

<Christopher> "Going to pout now that I tickled you?"Chris sighed and sat up. "I'm sorry, Carol. I won't tickle you anymore if you hate it that much..."

<Carol> "I didn't deserve it..." she pouted at him, going back to him and sitting down beside him.

<Christopher> "How can I make it up to you then?" He leaned against her.

<Carol> "Nooooo more tickles. Many more hugs." She slid her arms around him again and cuddled against him.

<Christopher> "I can give you all the hugs you want. I like hugs." Chris held her close to him.

<Carol> "Hugs are nice," she agreed, resting her head on his shoulder and closing her eyes. "The world needs more hugs."

<Christopher> "All the hugs. But for now I guess you get them all." Chris squeezed her tightly.

<Carol> "I didn't say they could have your hugs. I want those."

<Christopher> "Gettin' greedy huh?" Chris hugged her tighter and rubbed her back.

<Carol> "I know when I'm onto a good thing," she nodded sagely.

<Christopher> "You're terrible." Chris just leaned against her enjoying the hug and cuddling.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Postby Svartfreja » Wed May 10, 2017 1:40 am

<Jessica> Jess sighed as she carefully wrapped her hand in a bit of cloth, glancing out into her cell to check on her new roommate who appeared to be happily constructing some kind of nest now. Once her task was done she caught him in a sheet and lifted him to take him down to breakfast.

<Jessica> The bundle of limbs growled and hissed in protest and tore several holes in the sheet but seemed quite happy once one of the holes was large enough for him to see out of, blue eyes blinking at all the faces.

<Warren> Warren sat quietly eating. This place was beyond depressing. At this moment he probably wouldn't have cared if someone else decided to beat him to a pulp. He was an easy target with how beat down he already looked. The monsters that had captured him had taken his wings and his powers, Warren didn't care anymore what happened to him.

<Jessica> Jess wasn't sure how she planned on managing two breakfasts and the furry terror she was carrying already but he was pretty well attached to her now so maybe she could let him hold himself up and she didn't have to worry about that part...

<Warren> Warren sat silently eating his food wondering what shit storm he was in for today. The food slowly disappeared as he ate it, though it was almost unnoticeable.

<Jessica> Jess found an empty seat and took it, settling Thomas in her lap. Now she just had to convince him that food not formally walking around was still edible. He growled at the spoon aimed at his face and swiped at it, tearing another hole in the sheet.

<Warren> Warren looked up at the growling and noticed Jess. A small smile came to his face before quickly disappearing.

<Jessica> "Come on... it's not poisonous...." she tried again; Thomas hissed at it and withdrew further into the sheet. "How about if I try it first and show you?" She offered. Two blue eyes peered out at her expectantly. Jess steeled herself and took a bite of the food she knew to be horrible, trying not to show that it tasted bad. "Now it's your turn...." she offered another spoonful, glancing up at Warren.

<Warren> Poor Jess... Warren sighed a little and kept on eating. He was glad he never had any kids before all this crap happened.

<Jessica> "Sorry for making your breakfast so noisy...." she apologised as Thomas grabbed the spoon and sniffed at it then started banging it on the table without having eaten anything off it. Jess cringed.

<Warren> "It's fine. Better than it could be." Warren looked down at his food, he wasn't too hungry anymore.

<Jessica> She tried to take the spoon back but this resulted in more growling and attempted biting so she let him keep it, "Okay but you still have to eat...." she pushed his bowl toward him. She turned her attention to her own food and Warren, "Are you okay?"

<Warren> "I've been better..." He played with his food a little more. "Do you want this?"

<Jessica> "Don't you?" she looked between him and the food. He looked like he could do with larger servings.

<Warren> "Not hungry." Warren shrugged a little. He still couldn't get over the fact that his wings were gone.

<Jessica> "Neither am I but I'm trying to set a good example for my unwilling cellmate." She looked down at Thomas who was mushing his hand into the food. At least he was touching it now...

<Warren> "Well if you get him to eat he can have it... I'm full." Warren pushed the plate away.

<Jessica> "Okay... um... are you leaving?" she chewed her lip. It had been so long since she'd really talked to anyone remotely friendly that she was realising now how much she needed it.

<Warren> "I can stay if you want." Warren looked around, making sure no one was coming to beat him down.

<Jessica> "It'd be nice to have some company...." she gave him a small smile.

<Warren> "Yeah I tend to avoid people... Not many people around here are nice..."

<Jessica> Jess nodded, "I get that... But I'm nice," she gave him a small smile. Letting out a sigh of relief when she caught Thomas licking the food from his hands.

<Warren> "Yeah. I didn't even know you were here too." Warren ran a hand through his messy hair.

<Jessica> "It's easy to miss people in this mess..." she agreed, "But you know now." She offered him another small smile.

<Warren> "Yeah. Guess it's not as lonely anymore." Warren didn't know what to do. He really didn't want to talk, he just wanted to go back to his bed and hope he didn't get beaten up today.

<Jessica> "Definitely not as clean..." she pulled a face at the mess Thomas was making.

<Warren> "Kids are pretty destructive huh?" Warren stared at the mess.

<Jessica> "They are when you don't know where their mother is and they've gone pretty much fully feral in the meantime..."

<Warren> "That sucks... Poor kid." He frowned a little. "If I can help, I'm here too."

<Jessica> "Well you certainly can't make it any worse... but I'd keep your hands away if you're attached to your fingers..." she held up her own hand in demonstration, "He's feisty."

<Warren> "Not like I haven't lost appendages already..." Warren sighed.

<Jessica> "Then you definitely don't need to lose any more," Jess replied, giving him a sympathetic look.

<Warren> "Yeah probably not..." He started to tap his fingers on the table. He wished everyday that his wings would come back.

<Jessica> "Why did they do that to you...?" she bit her lip, reaching to take his hand.

<Warren> "Didn't like them? Too strong? I don't know. Apparently they want to break us." Warren sighed.

<Jessica> "Then we should try not to let them, right?" She offered another small smile and gave his hand a squeeze while Thomas helped himself to her unguarded breakfast.

<Warren> "Little late for that..." He didn't squeeze her hand back.

<Jessica> She sighed, "You have your life... while you have that you're still ahead."

<Warren> "Yeah, until they decide they want that too..." Warren stared down at his feet. He felt bad for being so negative around others but he couldn't help it anymore.

<Jessica> Jess decided to take advantage of Thomas' distraction when he upended the bowl and tried to clean the mess off the table with his hands and face. She leaned to give Warren a hug - he looked like he needed it.

<Warren> Warren just let her hug him for a moment before he realized he should hug her back. "Thanks..."

<Jessica> "Any time." She rubbed his shoulder a little.

<Warren> "So who's the kid?" Warren looked over at him making a mess.

<Jessica> "Do you remember Professors Nord and Grant? He's their kid...."

<Warren> "Didn't know they had a kid. Learn something new everyday huh?"

<Jessica> She gave a small laugh, "Yeah... I guess when you're a student and not a parent you move in different circles...."

<Warren> "Never really got to know the teachers too well." Warren ran a hand through his hair. Maybe he could excuse himself.

<Jessica> "Yeah... I had an unfair advantage there being married to a teacher." Her attention was drawn to her left hand and the space her rings once occupied. They'd been confiscated. She'd probably never see them again.

<Warren> "Probably..." Warren retreated back into his mind a little. Part of him was still just wondering when he was going to get beaten up today.

<Jessica> Thomas was now finished making his mess and was climbing on her. She winced a little as his claws cut into her. "So... what do you do with yourself all day?"

<Warren> "Not much to do... I usually just stay in my bunk, avoid people when I can." Warren just sighed. He was a beaten dog in every way.

<Jessica> "Yeah... seems like the safest option most days... but I've been trying to get him used to people...." She removed Thomas from her head and sat him on the edge of the table.

<Warren> "I don't think these people are the ones he should get used to. Pretty much all assholes." Warren got up to put his tray away so at least the guards wouldn't beat him.

<Jessica> "Not all of them..." She'd seen Viper around but she'd also seen what had been happening to her and took the hint to stay clear.

<Warren> "The ones I've met have been..." He lifted his shirt enough to show the severe bruising on just his midsection.

<Jessica> Jess hissed in sympathy, "Ouch..." She chewed her lip, picking Thomas up with his blanket and gathering the bowls and spoons to clear them away. "I'm sorry..."

<Warren> "It's not your fault. I think I'm going to head back to my bunk now." Warren gave her a little wave.

<Jessica> "Mind if I tag along? At least then I'll know where you are... it's good to know where your friends are..." she offered a small smile while Thomas chewed on the ends of her hair and spat it out again with a disgusted sound.

<Warren> "That's fine I guess." Warren started off towards his bunk, hoping he wouldn't get jumped along the way.

<Jessica> Jess followed him with Thomas, who was hiding in his portable blanket fort again.

<Warren> Warren noticed a few of the people that usually beat up on him hanging around but they didn't make any move so he just kept moving. "So see anyone else around that we know?"

<Jessica> "I've seen someone I know..." she fell into step beside him, "But she's been having a tough time of it too... and avoiding me...""

<Warren> "That sucks." Warren saw what was coming when they got to his bunk. "Y...you guys can go in."

<Jessica> "Yeah..." she let Thomas go in first with his blanket so he could find somewhere he felt safe. Under the bed was predictable.

<Warren> Warren went to them instead of letting them come to his bunk and getting Jess involved. That earned him a heavy hit to his jaw. The next hit went to his gut and put him on the ground where they all started to kick him.

<Jessica> Jess was not about to stand by and watch this happen. Thomas was safely under Warren's bed so she dove in, going for hits that she knew would incapacitate his attackers quickly. "Leave him alone!"

<Warren> "J...just let them Jess. They'll just target you next." He groaned a little at the pain.

<Jessica> "I'd like to see them try!" It had been a while since she'd had to put her extensive training to use but it was easy to get back into the rhythm especially against these untrained idiots.

<Warren> The men decided not to fight back for now, they'd just get more people to help next time. "Looks like the chicken has to have a bitch fight for him."

<Jessica> "That's spider-bitch to you." She jabbed the man's throat quickly, cutting off his air supply and watching him fall coughing to the floor.

<Warren> Warren pulled himself up slowly, his lip bloodied from the punch. "You shouldn't have done that Jess."

<Jessica> "I'm not afraid of them." She bent to help him to his feet.

<Warren> "They just get worse..." He let her help him. "Thanks though."

<Jessica> "You're welcome. And I won't let them do that to you again." She helped him back to his cell while Thomas peered out at them from under the bed.

<Warren> Warren sat down on his bed. "You can't protect me all the time. And I don't expect you to Jess... It's easier to just let them. They give up faster when I don't put up a fight."

<Jessica> Jess shook her head, "I can't just stand by and watch that happen... what sort of example is that for Thomas? Never mind the rest of the mutants in here... the last thing we should be doing is turning on each other. What did you even do to deserve that?"

<Warren> "Depends on who's beating me up... the skin heads don't like that I pretended to be an angel. Most just see me as weak."

<Jessica> "Neither of those are a good excuse." She frowned, "Well it ends here. I'm not letting them do that to you anymore. You have an ally now." Thomas crawled out from under the bed and sniffed at Warren.

<Warren> "I just don't want either of you getting hurt on my behalf..."

<Jessica> "Thomas heals... they didn't have a collar small enough for him. And those guys aren't really a problem for me - you saw what I did." She offered him a smile and Thomas hopped up onto the bed to lick at one of Warren's wounds.

<Warren> Warren just stared at the little tiger a little horrified. "Wh...what's he doing?"

<Jessica> "I think he's trying to help clean you up a little..." Jess gave Thomas a small smile, "It's cute."

<Warren> Warren picked the boy up holding him to Jess. "It's uhmm weird."

<Jessica> Thomas growled a little in protest at being picked up but calmed down once Jess took him back, "Well maybe... but he's mostly cat right now... cats lick wounds to keep them clean... I guess that means he likes you?"

<Warren> "Uhmm thanks little man..." He ran a hand through his hair. "I'll be fine though."

<Jessica> Thomas curled up in her lap, tucking his tail close to him and settling in for a nap. "Of course you will. You're not alone anymore."
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Postby Svartfreja » Fri May 19, 2017 11:33 pm

<Warren> Warren sat on his bunk not wanting to go out anymore. Now he had to worry about them jumping him and Jess or Thomas getting hurt too.

<Viper> Viper had witnessed the incident and now she was curious who this new friend of Jessica's was. She wound her way up to the cell and knocked on the door frame before she appeared in the doorway.

<Warren> "Just get it over with." Warren just sat there, waiting for what he assumed was going to be a beating.

<Viper> Viper raised an eyebrow, "Get what over with?"

<Warren> "Only people that come here are here to beat me... so what do you want?" He didn't mean to sound rude but he didn't want to be toyed with either.

<Viper> "I think you should reevaluate that last statement. Jessica didn't come here to beat you. And I certainly haven't either."

<Warren> "You shouldn't hang around me... neither should she." Warren pulled his knees up to his chest.

<Viper> Viper stepped into the cell, "Jessica is her own woman and she makes her own decisions. And I have nothing to fear from the people that attacked you."

<Warren> "So... what do you want?" Warren just sighed, still not looking up at her.

<Viper> "I wanted to meet the person that Jessica gave up her isolation for... I was curious."

<Warren> "We knew each other at school. I was one of her husband's students." Now he was just a sack of bones and flesh.

<Viper> Viper cocked her head on one side, studying him, "Did Sebastian teach you anything useful?"

<Christopher> "Nothing useful now." Warren kept his words short. He didn't know what she wanted or why she was bothering him now.

<Viper> "Never underestimate the value of a good education," she chastised, "Engineering is always useful."

<Warren> "I was a business major... not engineering."

<Viper> "Oh well never mind... I'm sure we can fix that." She moved further into the cell, inviting herself to sit down beside him. "My name is Viper. I am a friend of Jessica's."

<Warren> "Warren." He didn't know why she came in. He wasn't being inviting.

<Viper> "Are you interested in making a new friend, Warren?"

<Warren> Warren just shrugged. "If you want I guess..."

<Viper> "I can help you..." she gently began to inspect his injuries.

<Warren> "They'll just beat me more." He sighed. "You should just worry about yourself."

<Viper> "I've recetly ended the cycle of violence against myself. I have no intention of letting it start up again." She probed his ribs just as gently, lifting his arm and shirt out of the way.

<Warren> Warren just winced in pain. "What are you doing...?"

<Viper> "Trying to figure out if you have any fractures." She moved around onto the bed properly so she could check his back.

<Warren> "C...careful." He winced again.

<Viper> It was mostly just bruising, perhaps a hairline fracture somewhere but it would mend in time. She bent close to him, "Keep very still. This will hurt but it will help you."

<Warren> "Wh...what?" Warren froze up. Now he was scared.

<Viper> She moved his shirt collar out of the way and then bit hard into his shoulder, sinking her fangs in deep. It was the last of her emergency supply but a clean slate was needed and this was the fastest way to get one.

<Warren> Warren winced harder almost yelping in pain. "Ow! Ow are you biting me?!"

<Viper> Once she was sure the entire dose was in his bloodstream, she withdrew her fangs and wiped the blood from her mouth on the back of her hand.

<Warren> Warren didn't even notice that he was healing and the pain was going away. "Wh..what the hell?!"

<Viper> "I told you it was going to hurt." She reminded him.

<Warren> "Why the hell did you bite me?! If you're planning some kinky shit I'm not interested!"

<Viper> She laughed, "Oh I much prefer to be on the receiving end," she informed him but slid a hand under his shirt, applying pressure to his ribs to draw his attention to the fact he was healing.

<Warren> "Wh...what how?" Warren looked down at where she was touching him.

<Viper> "The very last of a healing serum I created. I was saving it..."

<Warren> "Oh... thank you." Warred was still staring at where she was touching him. "Going to leave that there?"

<Viper> "Would you prefer I didn't?" She leaned close to him again to murmur into his ear while she looked down at where her hand was.

<Christopher> Warren shuddered a little. It had been a very long time since he'd been touched so tenderly. "Please..." But he still loved someone else and wouldn't betray her.

<Viper> She slowly removed her hand, deliberately trailing her fingers over his skin for longer than necessary. "Now let's try not to mark your skin again, hmm?"

<Christopher> "There's not much I can do about it..." Warren looked away.

<Viper> "Of course there is. You can fight back." She moved into his eyeline again, "And, in the mean time, you can keep better company."

<Christopher> "I can't fight." He looked away again. "I only ever used my powers to save people. I'm not a fighter."

<Viper> "Everyone needs to fight these days. That's the world we live in now. Or do you intend to curl up and die in a corner?"

<Christopher> "I have no reason not to..."

<Viper> "You can do better than that. Think. What do you want to happen now?"

<Christopher> "I just want to be left alone." Warren moved back to the wall, wincing even after she'd healed him. He had gotten used to the pain of his wings being gone though.

<Viper> "So... you would like to be left here when we leave?"

<Christopher> "It wouldn't change anything..."

<Viper> "You don't think so? If you could do anything what would you do?"

<Warren> "Something impossible." Warren pulled his knees to his chest again and held them tight. He might be older now, but he'd never felt more like a child.

<Viper> "Then you are speaking to the right person. Doing the impossible is something of a specialty of mine. Why don't you try me?"

<Warren> "Unless you can turn back time there's nothing you can do." Warren pulled his shirt up and off turning his back to show the deep scars on his back that were still red even after so long. "I had wings before I came here..."

<Viper> She moved over to him tracing one of the scars with her fingers, "Turning back time is not something I can do... but wings... that I may be able to provide. Leave it with me."

<Warren> "I don't want to be able to fly again... I want my wings back." Tears started to form in his eyes. They were part of him, his favorite part. The only thing he missed more than them was Heather.

<Viper> She nodded, moving around in front of him and touching his cheek, "I will look into it for you and do all I can."

<Warren> Warren turned his cheek from her. "Please don't touch me anymore."

<Viper> "Alright..." She lowered her hand, "Fight back, Warren. Don't give up."

<Warren> "There's no point..."

<Viper> She balled her hands into fists to fight the impulse to smack him, "And when we leave will you continue to hold that belief?"

<Warren> Warren just ignored her. He had no reason to leave. It would be the same anywhere he went. He wasn't whole anymore and it wouldn't change how worthless he felt.

<Viper> "Is there no one you would be prepared to fight for?"

<Warren> "Even if I could there's nothing I can do..."

<Viper> "From in here? No. But from outside? With my help? Anything is possible. You just have to be willing to try. Can you do that?"

<Warren> "From anywhere..." Part of him wished she hadn't healed him. He was ready to die. His inner voice was screaming at him to let her help him but he had long since tuned it out. Heather would be better off without having to worry about him anyways.

<Viper> "You have heard of SHIELD, yes? You've seen their technology? Mine is better. I am asking you to trust me. Ask Jessica if you aren't sure. I am giving you a choice. Come with us and fight. Or watch us leave and wait to die. If you choose to fight, whatever makes that easier for you, I will endevour to provide."

<Warren> Warren just retreated back inside himself. It wasn't going to be easy to convince him to do anything but sit there and take his beatings.

<Viper> She sighed, deciding to ignore his request that she not touch him and give him a hug. So many in this place were fragile or broken. It was enough to drive anyone crazy. But she would help this one for Jessica.

IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Postby Svartfreja » Mon May 29, 2017 1:19 am

<Carol> Carol sat in the dark with her feet propped up on the table, a sleeping Miriam in her lap and a glass of whiskey in her hand. Beth and Chris were sleeping but Miriam had woken up missing her daddy and, as he wasn't yet back, Carol was apparently a suitable parent substitute. Or at least she was a suitable bed substitute.

<Carol> She gently rocked the sleeping child while she listened for sounds of patrols beyond the walls that Beth's telepathy wouldn't be able to pick up. Miriam was kind of growing on her after months of spending every day with her and having to figure out new and interesting games to play. Miriam was a big fan of snap but Beth had banned Carol from joining in because it got way too noisy.

<Carol> Maybe if she went on some wanderings herself she'd see if she could get something for Miriam, some kind of game or crayons or... anything really. She sighed, resting her cheek against Miriam's dark hair and taking a drink from her glass. It was probably an entirely unrealistic goal.

<Shaw> Sebastian carefully approached the building, checking in with the small, low-tech alarms he had managed to set around it. The perimeter was hardly strategic, but it was better than nothing.

<Carol> The small fluctuations in energy registered with her on a subconscious level and she raised her head. Miriam mumbled in her sleep and curled her hand around Carol's shirt collar.

<Shaw> He paused for a moment, focusing on the minds within the building. With his own shielding up, it was harder to tell who was home - such as it was - but he sensed Miriam's familiar, sleepy mind. Sebastian sighed softly.

<Carol> Carol gently shushed Miriam and leaned to put her glass on the table, shifting to put her feet on the floor. Her movements were slow and careful because she really really didn't want to wake the kid up. "Come on, kiddo, gotta get you back to bed..." she said softly, rising to her feet and lifting the girl in her arms.

<Shaw> Now at the base of the building, he heard the soft voice inside and paused. Carol was up. He supposed he should have known. Making just a bit of noise himself to avoid getting decapitated, he made his way to their hideout.

<Carol> With equally slow and careful movements, Carol laid Miriam down in her portion of the sleeping area and, one by one, loosened the small fingers wrapped around her collar before she folded the blanket back over the girl and smoothed back her hair. Still sleeping. Phew. She pressed a soft kiss to Miriam's forehead then turned back for the open space by the table and her booze.

<Shaw> He could hear Carol's movements and came inside, carefully placing the ragged bag of provisions he'd found along the way on the floor. Sebastian straightened as she came back into the room.

<Carol> Carol folded her arms when she saw him, a frown creasing her brow. She kept her volume low but her irritation was obvious, "Where the hell have you been?"

<Shaw> Sebastian's brows shot up under his shaggy hair. "Excuse me?"

<Carol> "You're supposed to come back before it gets dark. Remember? Miriam woke up and wanted to know where you were. What the hell was I supposed to tell her?" She started for the table and her drink again.

<Shaw> He stared at her for a long moment. "I was delayed," he ground out, then moved past her to check on Miriam.

<Carol> "By what? Your desire to get your ass shot?" She turned slightly, watching him, "She's fine. I just got her back into bed. So help me if you wake her up..."

<Shaw> Ignoring her, he crouched beside her and brushed her hair back. Sebastian closed his eyes for a moment and then kissed her forehead.

<Carol> Carol threw herself back into her chair and downed the remainder of the whiskey in her glass, rolling the empty glass between her hands when she was done and wondering if the blurring was her eyes or the alcohol.

<Shaw> When he returned, Sebastian went to the bag and started unpacking a few cans.

<Carol> "You missed dinner... we considered saving you some but after an hour it was obvious you weren't coming so we made Chris eat it. He's skipping meals again." She set her glass down on the table.

<Shaw> "It's better served feeding him," he said with a shrug. "I can go a while longer without."

<Carol> "You know that's exactly the shit he comes out with, right?" She raised an eyebrow, "No one should be skipping meals. And you can't keep staying out this late, Sebastian... it's not good for Miriam. Or my stupid brain that won't switch off."

<Shaw> "Yes, well, unlike him, I actually know my limits." Sebastian straightened up and raised a brow right back. "I said I was delayed."

<Carol> "By what? Anything good?" She stuffed her hands in her jacket pockets and got up to see what he'd managed to scavenge.

<Shaw> Taking her acceptance of his change of subject as a victory, he smirked. "A patrol." He gave her a brief glance of reassurance. "I wasn't noticed." The small stack of canned goods and bottles of over-the-counter drugs grew until he hit the bottom of the bag.

<Carol> Carol picked up a bottle of painkillers, "Damn, Beth's gonna think it's Christmas." And there were peaches. She set them aside for later. "I'm not mad, you know..." she told him, "I just sound like that when I'm worried."

<Shaw> Sebastian gave her side-eye. "Mmmhmm." He scratched at his jaw and set a small can of navy beans aside.

<Carol> "And I wasn't waiting up for you... actually I can't remember the last time I slept..." She pinched the bridge of her nose, those painkillers were looking mighty friendly about now.

<Shaw> That made him look up at her, giving her an assessing look. "We all need sleep, love."

<Carol> "Well that's great and everything but that doesn't help me at all... it's my powers... I have too much energy stored up and it's starting to effect me physically..." She rubbed at her forehead with the ends of her fingers for a moment before putting her hand back in her pocket.

<Shaw> "Ah." He frowned. "You could always drain some excess energy into Nord, or me." Sebastian smirked, taking on a little of his usual cockiness. "I can absorb energy without lighting up like a firefly for the next ten hours."

<Carol> "I know... but I'm worried firing off my own energy like that in the city will draw too much attention... I talked to Chris about flying out somewhere... but I don't want to leave Beth and Miriam without some help if something happens... So I said I'd talk to you about it...."

<Shaw> He nodded. "True. Perhaps if we located a cellar... nearby but not too close."

<Carol> "Well... if we went right now Chris is here so...." she shrugged a shoulder, "I could fly us well out of the city and then we wouldn't have to worry about any patrols...."

<Shaw> Sebastian pondered this for a moment, then nodded. "We should tell him, then just give me a moment and I'll be ready."

<Carol> Carol nodded, glancing over her shoulder at the sleeping area and not really wanting to wake anyone. She chewed her lip, "I'll leave a note...."

<Shaw> His brow twitched but otherwise he didn't respond, instead locating a knife to open the can. Dinner was served.

<Carol> Carol found a scrap of paper to scribble on - the back of a label from a can - and used some charred wood from the fire. "I figure we can stay in range of Beth just in case anyway...."

<Shaw> "That's fine," he said, carefully eating from the same knife.

<Carol> "Uh... you want me to heat those up for you?" she put the note under her empty glass.

<Shaw> Sebastian shrugged one shoulder. "It doesn't really matter, does it, love?"

<Carol> "I don't know... they might taste better hot?" She leaned on the table beside him, eyeing the beans before giving a lock of his scruffy hair a flick.

<Shaw> The corner of his lip lifted and he made a noncommittal noise. After chewing and swallowing, he chuckled. "I doubt it would make much difference, frankly." The flick made him smirk and toss his hair out of his eyes.

<Carol> "You need a haircut or something..."

<Shaw> "Or something," he agreed with a laugh.

<Carol> "Maybe I can drop you in a lake on the way back," she offered with a grin.

<Shaw> "I was rained on last week," he offered, taking another bite of beans.

<Carol> "So.... is that a yes?" She raised an eyebrow, "I feel like I should sniff you... but I don't know if that's safe...."

<Shaw> Sebastian put down the knife to give her a level stare. "Are you implying that I stink, Colonel Danvers?"

<Carol> "Hey, I don't know.... do you want me to sniff you?"

<Shaw> "You seem rather dead set on that course of action," he chuckled, turning his attention to finishing his beans.

<Carol> She leaned over and gave him a cautious sniff.

<Shaw> Sebastian smirked and met her eyes, his own eyebrows high.

<Carol> "You don't smell that bad," she assured him.

<Shaw> He smirked and shook the empty can. "Give it a few hours."

<Carol> She laughed, trying to be quiet about it, and gave him a shove. "Good thing we'll be outdoors for a while then."

<Shaw> Sebastian chuckled softly. "Have you left a note?" he said, clearing up after his impromptu meal.

<Carol> She nodded, "Yeah, it's over there," she gestured to her empty glass. "But we'll probably be back before anyone even reads it anyway."

<Shaw> "Let's hope." He carefully stood and went to check Miriam again. After bending to give her a kiss on the cheek and whispering in her ear, he returned. "I want to be back before she wakes."

<Carol> Carol nodded, "She'll probably sleep for a while unless she's disturbed... usually does after she has a freak out." She stood up and stuffed her hands in her jacket pockets again, inclining her head to the stairs.

<Shaw> He sighed a bit to himself at the not-so-subtle reminder he was the cause of the freak out. There was nothing to do but follow.

<Carol> She went up ahead of him to the top floor and her favourite exit-window because it was hidden from all angles and stepped out of it, turning to face the inside and hovering, waiting for him.

<Shaw> He'd never truly gotten used to being carried to fly - not even when his wife had done it - but sometimes it was necessary. Sebastian stepped up to her and raised his brows.

<Carol> "Even if I dropped you, you'd be fine. Don't give me that look," she gave him a grin, holding out a hand.

<Shaw> He took it with a wry smile. "True, but it's the principle of the thing, yes?"

<Carol> "I'm not gonna drop you," she rolled her eyes with a small smirk, making sure she had a good grip before she flew them up out of sight of people on the ground and off over the city.

<Shaw> This time he didn't dignify that with a response and instead just tried to enjoy the ride. Despite the situation, the view was still lovely. He closed his eyes and tried to focus his abilities on finding Jessica.

<Carol> Carol focused her attention on avoiding possible patrols as they travelled out over the buildings and on into the more sparsely populated areas beyond the main part of the city. Soon there was nothing but darkness below and she descended into an area of trees near a lake.

<Shaw> He felt the descent and opened his eyes with a sigh. Bracing himself for the landing, he stepped away from her the moment their feet touched the earth and yawned. Damn pressure changes.

<Carol> Carol took a deep breath, the smell of the trees going some way to make her feel better already. It was great to be out of the city.

<Shaw> Sebastian looked up at the tree canopy and around. "Nature endures," he said, then cautiously lowered his mental shielding.

<Carol> "Yeah, it's good at that...." Her hands were in her pockets again and she hunched her shoulders, scuffing her boots through the leaf litter.

<Shaw> It seemed they really were alone here and he reconstructed his shielding and turned to face her. "Better than us, certainly."

<Carol> "Well, it's had more practise..." she pointed out with a half smile, glancing up at him. "I think we're doing pretty well considering..."

<Shaw> "I suppose, considering." He slid his own hands into his pockets and rocked a bit in place. "Anything of interest happen while I was gone?"

<Carol> She shook her head, "Not really... more of the same... I thought about going out with Chris to look for stuff... I miss feeling useful... but then there's leaving Beth and Miriam..."

<Shaw> "Perhaps I can stay with them tomorrow, especially if I'm fully energized I would say I'm far from useless." He smirked a bit, then deflated with a sigh. "Hades knows I'm not getting very far when I'm out." Sebastian found the bark of a nearby tree terribly interesting.

<Carol> "Maybe ask Beth to help you..." Carol suggested, "I don't know how telepathy works but her range is huge... gotta be useful..." She pulled a hand out of her pocket and fired a small blast at his shoulder from her finger gun.

<Shaw> He hissed, head snapping back to give her a sharp grin. "Yes, and my range is abysmal, but with my link to Jessica I should have been able to sense her if she was in the city." If the was still alive...

<Carol> "Then maybe she's not in the city? It doesn't really make sense to keep them in a city where they might be seen... maybe Beth can give the signal a boost or whatever..." She raised a hand, the glow of energy surrounding it, "Tell me if it gets too much, okay?"

<Shaw> "Of course. We don't want to repeat old mistakes." He hissed again at the power - painful, but exhilarating.

<Carol> "Yeah..." she frowned, adjusting the strength of the blasts in increments as she fired concussive shots at him. "Haven't had any weirdness in a while so there's not much danger of that..."

<Shaw> Sebastian closed his eyes to enjoy the rush. "Perhaps a boost will help my telepathy as well." Not likely, but he was resorting to wishful thinking.

<Carol> "Well all this energy enhances everything else I do so I don't see why not..." Her vision was starting to clear now and her headache was easing.

<Shaw> "I certainly won't need to sleep for some time," he said, wincing a bit at a particularly stinging jolt.

<Carol> "What was that you said earlier about everyone needing to sleep?" She saw the wince so she didn't go above the strength of that last one.

<Shaw> "Oh, I will sleep, but not until this wears off. It's not as if I can store it like a squirrel saving nuts for winter." He noticed the plateau in energy and gave her a questioning look.

<Carol> "You winced." She told him, "I assumed that means it hurt... plus I don't wanna knock you through any trees...."

<Shaw> "Pain need not be a negative," he said, baring teeth and bracing himself. "A physical impact would simply add to the experience."

<Carol> She raised an eyebrow but upped the strength again, "Okay but just tell me before I smush you into jello...."

<Shaw> Sebastian just nodded and bowed his head to endure the blasts. He could only hope they were still truly alone.

<Carol> She continued to throw energy at him until she felt like she'd got rid of enough that she could go for a couple more weeks or so without having to worry about it.

<Shaw> The sudden end made him look up, then blink repeatedly.

<Carol> "You okay?" She chewed her lip, lowering her hands.

<Shaw> "Yes." He straightened up and clenched both fists, flexing and relaxing. "It just... takes a moment longer to absorb, I suppose." And he'd been on the edge of exhaustion before this jaunt, apparently.

<Carol> She moved over to him, "You sure?" She didn't want to have to tell Miriam she broke her dad.

<Shaw> He chuckled at her tone. "Yes, I'm sure." His hands were shaking a bit, but it was because he felt utterly and completely high.

<Carol> "Okay..." her hands went into her pockets again and she looked away into the trees. "Did you want to go straight back or... stay out for a little while?"

<Shaw> "Well, I feel as if I could take down the entire government at the moment, so perhaps it's best I do burn a bit off." Was he talking fast? He felt like he was talking fast. His accent was slipping a bit as well. Oops.

<Carol> "... Yeah I think that might be a good idea." She laughed, "Anything I can do to help? Or do you just want to go for a walk or something?"

<Shaw> "Well, my first choice is out of the question," he said, automatically reaching to straighten his wedding ring. "Perhaps a walk is a better alternative."

<Carol> Her gaze dropped to his hand at the habit and her eyebrows went up a little before nodding to the agreement to go for a walk. "Woods or lake?"

<Shaw> For some reason the question made a snatch of poetry run through his mind and he shook his head. "Perhaps a bit of both. It seems I'm not good at choosing paths of late, after all."

<Carol> "Okay..." she turned toward the lake to start there. "It's nice to be outside... properly I mean... the roof is okay but it's not like this... Miriam seems to like it okay though."

<Shaw> He sighed. "I wish she could have the sort of childhood she deserves."

<Carol> "I know... but we're making the best of things... and it could be a lot worse..." She chewed her lip, "I know it's not really a priority... but I was thinking it might be nice for her to have some crayons or something...."

<Shaw> Suddenly he had a shocking feeling of inadequacy for not thinking of that himself. "Yes, definitely." Should he go get some now? Sebastian found himself bouncing a little as they walked.

<Carol> Carol caught his arm to stop him doing that because it was both hilarious and disturbing in equal measure. "I mean... she loves that snap game but there's only so many times she can cheat at it in a day... so we've been having more and more roof time lately..... Which I guess I kind of like but don't tell anyone."

<Shaw> He looked down at the hand on his arm. "Why not?" he said, looking at Carol in honest confusion.

<Carol> "Because it's still weird for me... not sure about the whole liking kids thing in general. And I don't know if you're okay with it either..."

<Shaw> "Why wouldn't I be?" He was lost.

<Carol> She sighed, looking down at her feet, "Because Miriam's getting attached to me... like, a lot...."

<Shaw> That was enough to give him pause. His mind was racing along a bit too quickly and ordering his thoughts while finding an outlet for his energy made focusing difficult. Sebastian fidgeted.

<Carol> She chewed her lip, dropping her hand from his arm and turning away from him to look out over the lake instead, watching the reflection of the moon flicker when there was light breeze.

<Shaw> With no restraint now, he took up pacing in a short circuit.

<Carol> Hearing the pacing start, she glanced over her shoulder at him and sighed, "I'm sorry... But I figured you should know... eventually....." she frowned and looked back out at the water.

<Shaw> "I'm not upset," he said, pausing to look at her.

<Carol> "You sure? There's all that pacing...." she gestured vaguely in his direction, turning to look at him again, "Pacing usually means imminent rage..."

<Shaw> "Ah. No." He smiled, but it was fleeting and strained. "No, I'm just... restless. The energy."

<Carol> "Yeah... I don't know what to do about that...." her gaze drifted to the lake again. "Well I have exactly one idea... but you probably won't like it."

<Shaw> "No, it's... good. For Miriam." He nodded. "If..." Sebastian stopped himself from even voicing his fear. "Her... father. Jessica's. He... raised her alone, after." Once again he paused, clearing his throat and shifting his feet, unable to stay still. "And he raised her in isolation. I don't want that for Miriam."

<Carol> Carol decided rubbing salt in the wound by pointing out Jessica's dad didn't leave every day was probably not a good idea. Instead, she took her jacket off and bent to take off her boots. "I'm going for a swim."

<Shaw> The sudden change of subject made him blink, but he just nodded.

<Carol> Boots out of the way, Carol stripped down to her underwear. She absolutely did not care about her audience or how cool the water might be. Once she was done, she headed straight into the lake.

<Shaw> Sebastian had seen many naked women in his life, but it had been a while. He found himself watching her with detached interest. "Isn't it a bit cold for that?"

<Carol> "Probably for normal people," She grinned at him from the water, "Wanna come in and tell me?"

<Shaw> He arched a brow. "Is that a challenge, Colonel Danvers?"

<Carol> "If that's what it takes I might even dare you."

<Shaw> "Now don't ruin it. A dare just sounds so... juvenile." Sebastian smirked and took off his jacket.

<Carol> "Wow it's like you forgot who you're talking to," she laughed, "And also that I spend all day with a five year old." She turned on the spot then dove under the water.

<Shaw> He laughed, though it was lost to her as she vanished under the water. Quickly, he stripped down and took one last check of the area before he leaped in.

<Carol> She popped up to the surface again when he joined her, brushing her hair out of her face, "So what's the verdict?"

<Shaw> He broke the surface and shook his hair out of his face, irritated when it didn't work and he had to run his hands through it. "I think you just wanted to lure me in here for that bath."

<Carol> "I probably would have skipped the asking part if that was the case," she offered a grin and splashed some water at him.

<Shaw> Holding up a warding hand to block the water, he chuckled. "I daresay I don't want to think too deeply about what may be in this water." Sebastian dipped his head under again and slicked back his hair. "You may be right about the haircut."

<Carol> "Of course I am," she nodded sagely, "I'd offer but I'd probably screw it up...."

<Shaw> "I'm sure your effort would be sufficient." He scratched his jaw. Perhaps it was time to shave as well.

<Carol> "Well okay then I guess I can try... it can't be that hard..." her nose wrinkled a little as she thought about it. Well he could always invest in a hat.

<Shaw> "The beard is beginning to become more of an annoyance than anything else." He scratched some more, trying not to hear Jessica's voice as she laughed and called him a hobo.

<Carol> "Well that's way easier to fix... also I totally know how to shave a guy's face with a straight razor." She offered another grin, "You get into some fun games during down time."

<Shaw> "I can imagine." He gave her a look. "And you think I'm going to trust you with a straight razor at my throat?"

<Carol> "I never ever cut anyone. I was very careful because of my crazy powers," she poked her tongue out at him.

<Shaw> He took the opportunity to flick water at her. "Mmm, I'm sure."

<Carol> Bleh. She pulled a face at that. "Speaking of crazy powers...." She pushed energy into her hands, the glow showing below the surface of the water.

<Shaw> "Well, now that's fascinating..." He watched the glow, and the movement of the water, which highlighted her skimpy, lacy underthings... and were they red? Sebastian had to smirk.

<Carol> "I can warm the water up this way too," she told him, shrugging a shoulder.

<Shaw> "It is a bath," he laughed.

<Carol> She laughed too, "Do you want me to warm the water up? You never did tell me if it's cold."

<Shaw> "Of course it's cold! I may not glow, but I'm certainly energized enough that I don't feel it as much." He shrugged, but moved closer anyway. "How much of the lake could you heat?"

<Carol> "I don't know... never tried to heat a whole lake.... or any large body of water except that one time in Nepal but that was when I was all orange...." she glanced around them, taking the hint to heat the water for him.

<Shaw> Sebastian raised a brow at her, but didn't comment. As the water started to heat, he felt himself relax despite himself. "Oh... that's... quite nice."

<Carol> "You're welcome?" She gave him a grin, moving her hands to spread the heat around some.

<Shaw> The noise he made was fairly pornographic and he closed his eyes.

<Carol> She raised an eyebrow at the sound but decided that meant the heat was good and moved her hands a little nearer to him.

<Shaw> He sank into the water. It was difficult to relax at the best of times, considering his wife was missing and the world had gone to hell, but this was making it much easier.

<Carol> "Is that good?" She asked, not really having had the experience of being submerged in warm water that she could remember. Hot or cold felt the same to her now.

<Shaw> "Yesss." The word dragged out and he grinned, eyes still closed.

<Carol> She laughed a little, "Glad to be of service then, I guess."

<Shaw> "Oh, yes. Thank you." Sebastian straightened up a little and moved in close, planting a wet kiss on her cheek before turning in the water to swim further into the lake.

<Carol> "... No problem..." she blinked at the kiss but figured he was probably still a bit high.

<Shaw> He did a few laps at an unhurried pace, then flipped into a backstroke.

<Carol> Carol swam and dove under the water, the glow of energy showing where she was. When Sebastian turned over, however, she realised he was naked and now she didn't want to surface again.

<Shaw> He caught the glow from the corner of his eye and followed her.

<Carol> She surfaced eventually when she was what she thought was a safe distance away and she was sure the blushing had stopped.

<Shaw> Sebastian popped up just behind her. "You're hard to miss."

<Carol> She gave a yelp of surprise and turned around to splash him. "Don't do that!"

<Shaw> He laughed and returned the splash. "Don't do what? State the obvious?"

<Carol> "Nooo creep up on people!" she splashed him again for mocking her, "I might have punched you on reflex."

<Shaw> "Well now, you know that I just would have enjoyed that." He leered and again returned the splash.

<Carol> "So not the point," she laughed, giving him a small shove in the shoulder.

<Shaw> He made a surprised noise when he bobbed in the water, then laughed. "Oh... that wasn't nearly hard enough."

<Carol> "Oh you want me to shove you harder? Are you sure?" She raised an eyebrow, a playful smirk on her face.

<Shaw> He raised both brows in answer to her challenge, and held up both hands in invitation. "Quite sure."

<Carol> She shrugged a shoulder, "Okay, you asked for it." With both hands, she gave him a super strength shove. Not with her full strength, but strong enough to send him quite a distance despite the water.

<Shaw> He was expecting it, but he still landed with a resounding splash near the shore and as a bonus hit both his tailbone and his head on the rocks.

<Carol> Carol lifted herself out of the water and flew over to him, landing lightly beside him and trying not to look at... certain places. "Was that better?"

<Shaw> Sebastian sprawled in the shallows and laughed. It took a moment to focus on her above him, but he nodded. "Oh yes. Very... rousing."

<Carol> Carol raised an eyebrow at his turn of phrase, her eyeline drifting before she caught herself and held out a hand in offer. "You know I can't turn down a challenge. I have a competative streak a mile wide."

<Shaw> "It's quite alright. I respect that." He was still chuckling, and shook his head, spraying water from his hair, then took her hand to pull himself upright.

<Carol> "Anything else you feel like challenging me to do?"

<Shaw> After finding his feet, he raised an eyebrow and gave her an assessing look. My, her face matched her lingerie.

<Carol> "Is that a no?" She pushed a hand through her wet hair to send the drips in a different direction.

<Shaw> Sebastian did the same, running both hands through his hair to slick it back, then smoothing down his short beard. "No thank you, my dear."

<Carol> She nodded and turned back for the water, thankful that now she didn't have to find somewhere safe to look. "How's that energy high going?"

<Shaw> He was trying to will away one of the side effects of the high at the moment and again straightened his ring. "Well, I certainly managed to recover any I'd lost with my flight across the lake," he chuckled.

<Carol> "Oh well I guess that means more swimming time. Too bad," she grinned over her shoulder at him.

<Shaw> "What a shame," he deadpanned, deeming himself recovered enough to join her.

<Carol> "This is going a long way to making me feel better... being stuck indoors is driving me crazy."

<Shaw> "Good." He nodded, crossing his arms and looking around the quiet woods. "As I said, I can stay back if you would like to go out." He leaned to look at her and smirked. "Just don't fly."

<Carol> "But flying is super fun...." She pouted, turning to face him and sinking a little into the water to hide the blush. Guy had no shame. "But I guess I can go without if I can find something cool for Miriam..."

<Shaw> "And very conspicious. I was attempting to blend myself," he said, gesturing at his hair and beard. "But I believe I've passed inconspicious and crossed into hobo."

<Carol> She nodded, "Little bit... but I'll help with that.... and apologise in advance for whatever crazy hairstyle you wind up with.... maybe I should let Miriam supervise. What do you think?"

<Shaw> "I'm sure she would enjoy that," he laughed, running a hand through his wet hair again. After a moment, he chewed the edge of his lip and continued. "Carol, I truly do appreciate everything you have been doing for Miriam, and by extension, for me."

<Shaw> He sank back into the water further and moved closer to her. "Thank you," he said, working to inject sincerity into his smile.

<Carol> She shook her head, "It's fine, really... there's no need to thank me..." she returned the smile, "It's not as if she runs around shrieking and climbing the walls all day..."

<Shaw> Her words gave him pause. "Well, she doesn't yet..." Sebastian swallowed, looking away across the water.

<Carol> "Okay well... the wall climbing thing I can handle but I draw the line at shrieking.... unless I'm alllowed to gag her."

<Shaw> "I doubt that would be necessary," he chuckled, shaking his head and trying to shake off the surge of emotion. "She is a good girl," he said softly.

<Carol> "Yeah she is," she gave him a smile, reaching to put a hand on his shoulder, "She's smart too... she figured out in like five minutes that we'd totally let her cheat and get away with it."

<Shaw> That made him laugh and look back, blinking away his melancholy. "Of course. She is my daughter, after all."

<Carol> "Yeah soon she'll be cheating like a pro. We can teach her how to be a card shark.... keep that shark theme going."

<Shaw> He caught her hand and bared his teeth in a shark grin, leaning in to nip at her fingers.

<Carol> She laughed, "Careful, I might bite back."

<Shaw> "Mmm. It's not a challenge." He arched a brow and curled her fingers over his, kissing the back of her hand. "Or is it?"

<Carol> She tugged at the corner of her lip while she thought about that, her eyes tracking from his face to their hands and back again, "Dealer's choice."

<Shaw> After a long moment, Sebastian sighed softly, then smirked. His fingers tightened and he leaned in, closing the distance between them. This new world was uncertain, after all. Right?

<Shaw> Brushing his nose against hers, he pulled back to gauge her reaction, then swept in for the kiss.

<Carol> She was more than a little surprised but once she got over that she returned the kiss and slid her free arm around his shoulders.

<Shaw> He took her hand and brought it to his neck, sliding his free hand into the damp hair at her nape.

<Carol> She deepened the kiss, allowing herself to get carried away in the moment. Except she should probably not let that happen... but he started it.

<Shaw> Sebastian was doing a better job of not thinking, and his other hand moved over the curve of her spine. He nipped her lower lip and continued.

<Carol> Damn her brain and its inability to shut up, "Sebastian...."

<Shaw> He made a noise of acknowledgment, but moved to kiss along her jaw, pressing her chest to his.

<Carol> "Are you sure...?" She tilted her head to give him more room, making it clear that she wasn't asking for her own sake.

<Shaw> "No." Sebastian met her eyes, his own heavy-lidded. "But I assume we can both compartmentalize?"

<Carol> She gave a small nod, turning her head to catch his lips for another kiss and wrapping her legs around him.

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Postby Svartfreja » Mon May 29, 2017 1:34 am

<Shinobi> This was familiar, unfortunately. Obi hissed at the prod from the guard who decided he apparently wasn't moving fast enough. He didn't dare speak up, not with his injuries, not collared, not now.

<Viper> Viper was on one of the upper levels watching the door. Today was new intake day and she wanted to identify potential problems before they became an issue. She had a nice view where she was and leaned on the railing.

<Shinobi> Obi had a view of exactly nothing but the broad back of the behemoth in front of him. Was the man made of fat? Where did he find that much food these days? Even before they'd been separated from Tony food was becoming hard to come by.

<Viper> Good lord. Someone needed a diet. Well he was going to get one here that was for sure. She wrinkled her nose, shifting to peer around lardass to the next new person. Her eyebrows went up.

<Shinobi> Tripping over his feet again, he swore and looked down instead of ahead. The concrete floor was broken. This place was a dump.

<Viper> Viper moved away from her spot and started to head down the stairs, weaving her way through the crowds. This was, after all, one of the highlights of the week.

<Shinobi> He tossed his hair out of his eyes and shuffled along, looking for the first widening of the hall to find a place to catch his breath and look around. The guard gave him another poke and he sped up his pace.

<Viper> The ones that wouldn't move got a kick to the back of the knee so she could step around them instead... or over them. She made her way to the front in time for them hand out cell assignments and slam the doors behind the noobs. Quickly, she reached in and grabbed Obi's arm before anyone else could close in on him and dragged him through the crowd.

<Shinobi> "Hey!" He didn't get a look at the owner of that arm at first, and his first impulse was to phase. That, of course, didn't work. He took a wild swing at his attacker instead.

<Viper> Viper took the hit and continued pulling him away from the crowd, "I'm trying to help you."

<Shinobi> "Heard that before-" He cut off. The voice was female.

<Viper> "Yes. From me, most certainly." She pulled him around a corner and pushed him against the wall before looking back the way they'd come.

<Shinobi> "Viper!" he hissed her name, staring at her in shock.

<Viper> "Good morning." She greeted him, turning her attention back to him. "What are you doing here?"

<Shinobi> "What are you doing here?" His tone was incredulous but as he gave her a second look he realized she wasn't in much better shape than he. "...and what've they done to you?"

<Viper> "Oh this wasn't them." She waved a hand dismissively, "You are supposed to be safe with Hope and Tony."

<Shinobi> "She was scared... worried we were going to get Tony captured, so we split up for a while. It was supposed to be temporary." He shook his head and tugged at his inhibitor collar. "You know how Hope is..."

<Viper> "Yes." She frowned, "Well you're lucky you're here instead of some other camp. At least you have friends here."

<Shinobi> "Friends? There're more?" His eyes widened and he grabbed her arms. "Is Hope here?"

<Viper> She looked at the hand on her arm then shook her head, "No. Not Hope..."

<Shinobi> Taking the hint, he loosened his fingers and let his hands drop. "Oh..." He frowned and looked around, considering. "Not my father..." Oh, shit. That idea made him look up at her in panic.

<Viper> She shook her head, "No. Your father and sister are...." she shrugged helplessly because she had no idea where they were, "Probably safe."

<Shinobi> "Probably?" He took this in with rising dread. "But Jess?"

<Viper> "She is here. I can take you to her if you want." She winced as a fracture healed itself, "But... be careful, she's not alone."

<Shinobi> "Jess is here, but my father and Miriam aren't? How did that happen?" He shook his head in disbelief. "Not alone? Not alone... how?"

<Viper> "It's complicated..." she frowned, "I think it's better if I take you there and she can tell you what she knows."

<Shinobi> "Everything is complicated." He sighed and leaned his head back against the wall. It was pounding already and as much as he wanted to see Jess he could just imagine her reaction at seeing him like this.

<Shinobi> He realized something and looked at her with suspicion. "You aren't collared."

<Viper> "No, I'm not. They don't think my mutation is dangerous to them... and it provides them with entertainment." The bruises on her face started to heal now that the rest of her injuries were clearing up, "Or at least it did until I started to fight back."

<Shinobi> "Great. Way worse than that SHIELD detention center I was in then." He wrinkled his nose in fascination watching her bruises fade. "Too bad you can't share some of that healing power again..."

<Viper> "If you were here a day or two ago I could have but no, not anymore... not that I think you would have liked the method anyway." She gestured for him to follow her, "At least you get to keep your things."

<Shinobi> Whatever that meant. Obi's eyebrows went up, but he followed her anyway - what else could he do? After standing still for a few minutes, his legs had stiffened up and his limp was more pronounced. He strove to hide it quickly. Predators could smell his weakness.

<Viper> "When we get to her cell it might be a good idea to let me examine you," she suggested.

<Shinobi> "I'm fine," he snapped, then hissed. Yeah, sure he was.

<Viper> She raised an eyebrow, "If you say so." She led the rest of the way in silence then held out a hand to stop him as she leaned to look into the cell they stopped beside.

<Shinobi> Obi was watching his feet and concentrating on being fine so he ran directly into her hand, looking up in confusion. "What?"

<Viper> Thomas had gotten a mite territorial now that he associated Jessica's cell with home so it was always safer to wait outside until it was safe to go in. She gestured Jessica over, "There is someone here to see you."

<Jessica> Jess gave Viper a confused look as she got to her feet, "Warren?"

<Viper> Viper shook her head and waited for Jess to cross the cell while Thomas blinked at her from his hidey hole under the bed. She gave the furry kid a wave.

<Shinobi> He couldn't see inside from his position, but he heard Jess' voice and couldn't help the tears that came to his eyes. She really was here. He didn't know if he was crying because she was here or because he was.

<Jessica> Jess was still frowning with confusion when she stepped into the hall but then she saw her adopted son and the confusion fell away. She pulled him into a tight hug.

<Shinobi> He hissed at the pressure, but hugged her closer anyway. "Jessie..."

<Jessica> She heard the hiss and pulled back a little, giving him a worried look, "You're hurt...." She took his hands to bring him into the cell, turning to assure Thomas that he was a friend.

<Shinobi> Arguing with Viper about it was one thing, but he just nodded to Jess' diagnosis and followed her in, then spotting the furball under the bed. He paused and looked at it again.

<Viper> Viper followed them both inside and moved to sit on the end of the bed to distract Thomas.

<Jessica> Jess followed Michael's gaze, "That's Thomas Grant.... Greer and Chris' kid... I don't know if you remember seeing him around at school... he's had a rough time..."

<Shinobi> "I... don't think so." He hadn't spent that much time at the school, really, and certainly not with Christopher Nord. "Was he always... like... that?" He gestured at the fur, his hand circling his own face.

<Jessica> She nodded, sitting Michael down on the bed, "Always been furry. He's about a year older than Miriam I think... but he's been away from his mom for long enough he learned how to fend for himself... I've been trying to drag him back away from the feral side but... I don't know if I got him in time...."

<Shinobi> "A feral feral... great." He started to smile at the kid, then realized baring his teeth would be a terrible idea and just sat down. Instead, he just blinked up at Jess with wide eyes.

<Jessica> "Yeah.... poor kid... I don't know what happened to his parents..." she sighed, "What about you?" She reached up and messed up his already messy hair further.

<Shinobi> Obi leaned his head into her hand and closed his eyes. "They were onto Tony... so we split up. It was just supposed to be temporary..." He shook his head.

<Jessica> Jess wrapped her arms around him again and pressed a soft kiss to his cheek, "It's okay. Viper has an escape plan in the works. Escaping from prisons is apparently a thing you can specialise in."

<Shinobi> Of course she did. He laughed weakly and just returned her hug. "How..."

<Viper> Viper stopped playing with Thomas and looked up at him, "Practise makes perfect. And I've had a lot of practise. Every time they make a new prison that is supposed to be inescapable I like to test them."

<Shinobi> He shook his head. "Not that..." Looking up at Jess, he continued. "How did you end up here? Where are dad and Miri?"

<Jessica> Jess sighed and looked down at her lap, "As far as I know, your father and Miriam are safe. I left them with Carol and Beth... I.... brought this on myself."

<Shinobi> That answer was less than satisfying, but his head was spinning already, so he just frowned.

<Jessica> "I heard someone in trouble... so I went to help.... turned out to be a bad idea...."

<Shinobi> "Heh. I can just imagine my father's reaction." Maybe the spinning wasn't just from shock.

<Jessica> "Yeah... me too...." she sighed heavily and gently stroked his hair, "I know these aren't the best circumstances.... but I'm really glad you're okay."

<Shinobi> "Me too..." His head progressed to floating, and he listed sideways, boneless. "Shit," he muttered, before he landed in her lap, happily unconscious.

<Viper> Viper sighed, "I told him he should have let me examine him."

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Postby Svartfreja » Mon May 29, 2017 10:33 pm

<Carol> The building that was their current home came back into view and Carol took a cursory look around before she dropped them rapidly to roof height. Once they were out of general view she slowed the fall and helped Sebastian inside through the window. "You should see your hair now." She was sure hers also looked interesting having dried at high speed.

<Shaw> "I'm rather glad I can't." He chuckled softly and ran both hands through his hair once his hands were free.

<Carol> She gave him a grin, stepping inside too and attempting to comb the knots out of her hair with her fingers. At least there wasn't bits of forest in there. Probably...

<Shaw> Sebastian turned back to look at her and smirked, reaching up to pick a leaf from her hair.

<Carol> Okay so there were bits of forest. ".... Thanks."

<Shaw> "You are quite welcome," he said with a laugh, relieving her of another sprig of grass and a leaf.

<Carol> "I should really look out for trees more, huh?" She shook her hair out a little now that the larger knots were gone. It would do.

<Shaw> Sebastian tucked a bit of hair behind her ear. "I think some of it is duckweed from the lake." He ran a hand through his hair again, checking for any himself now that he realized it was a possibility.

<Carol> "As long as it's not duck poop, I think I can just leave it there." She offered him another grin.

<Shaw> "Oh, that likely was just blended with the mud for our convenience." His nose wrinkled, but the thought didn't really dampen his mood.

<Carol> She laughed, having to cover her mouth because that was loud and the sound carried in the furnitureless expanse of the building.

<Shaw> He was amused himself and leaned in, holding his finger to his lips. "Shhhh, unless you want other company, of course."

<Carol> "I guess that depends on the company?" she replied, now at a quiet giggle instead.

<Shaw> "Well," he said, leaning back and affecting offense. "If my company is so objectionable..."

<Carol> "Awww it's not," she assured him, "Even after all those beans."

<Shaw> His barked laugh was regrettably loud.

<Carol> Carol laughed too, though quieter, and put a hand over his mouth, "Shhhh!"

<Shaw> Though he wasn't terribly concerned, he did look around until a hand landed on his mouth. So, he licked it.

<Carol> "Ewww!" she protested, pulling her hand away, her nose wrinkled as she wiped it off on him.

<Shaw> "Eww," he mocked. "I'm the one who tasted duck poop." His clothes were already filthy, so it hardly bothered him. Now that he was marginally cleaner he needed to find a change of clothes.

<Carol> She laughed again, deciding to muffle it against his shoulder this time. "Deserved...."

<Shaw> Sebastian slid his arm around her, enjoying the moment of closeness while it lasted. "Hardly," he scoffed.

<Carol> "You splashed lake water in my mouth," she reminded him, "It was delayed revenge." She slid her arms around him at the half hug.

<Shaw> "Oh, I'm certain we're both fully infested with whatever vileness was in that water," he said softly, and allowed himself to hold her.

<Carol> "Good thing I don't get sick then... plus I've totally been covered in worse things." She couldn't hide or suppress the shiver at the memories of that.

<Shaw> Sebastian's long-suppressed inner twelve-year-old boy snorted uncontrollably at this comment.

<Carol> Carol thumped him on the shoulder for that, "Ass."

<Shaw> This just made his grin spread. "Yes, and a fantastic one."

<Carol> She laughed, having to muffle it against him again, "You're terrible."

<Shaw> Sebastian just chuckled, and after a long moment let her go. "I'm surprised we haven't woken anyone."

<Carol> "Well we're three floors up so I think that helps... but we should probably head down now... try out that sleeping thing." She released him from the hug and stuck her hands back in her jacket pockets as she started for the stairs.

<Shaw> "Yes, indeed." He followed, experimentally checking the minds in the building to ensure all was well. Why he hadn't done that before spoke to his continuing energy intoxication.

<Carol> "Thanks for coming out with me," she said softly, glancing back at him, "I feel a lot better...."

<Shaw> Instead of the flippant response that came to the tip of his tongue, he smiled. "Good. I do as well, so thank you."

<Carol> "Remember this feeling later when you want to kill me for your haircut, kay?"

<Shaw> "I could always return the favor should the results be too heinous." He reached and ruffled her hair as they turned into the last staircase.

<Carol> She flailed a hand at him, "Nu uh. No one touches my hair."

<Shaw> Sebastian chuckled and then quieted as they approached their quarters, such as they were.

<Carol> Carol shrugged her jacket off and went to put it on the back of the chair she'd previously occupied, taking the note out from under her glass too and tossing it into the remains of the fire.

<Shaw> "How reassuring no one noticed we were gone." He shook his head, then headed for Miriam's tiny pallet to check on her.

<Carol> "Beth probably noticed..." Carol offered quietly, moving over to the sleeping area as she stretched then sat down nearby to take off her boots.

<Shaw> Miriam was curled into a ball, and he sat down carefully beside her, stroking her dark hair back. "I'm glad she didn't wake."

<Carol> "She's going to be so pleased to see you when she does wake up," she smiled, freed of her boots, she found a spot to lie down.

<Shaw> Sebastian smiled down at his daughter and shifted to lie down beside her. "I will stay here with her tomorrow... and endeavor to keep closer." She couldn't lose both her parents.

<Carol> She nodded, "And I'll go out and look for treasure... and try to behave myself." She offered another smile.

<Shaw> "Please do," he said, looking up at her and smiling, unsure if she could see him in the dim light. Miriam stirred, rolling over and scratching first her nose, then her arm, then snuggling into him.

<Carol> "I promise not to punch anyone that doesn't deserve it," she said through a yawn, stretching out a little before rolling onto her side and curling up, "Maybe I'll even find some scissors for your hair...."

<Shaw> "That would be much appreciated. I still don't want you near my throat with a razor." He pillowed his head on his arm and wrapped his other around his daughter, who made a tiny noise and nuzzled him.

<Carol> "I'll just wait til you're asleep then..." she slung an arm around a shivering Beth and closed her eyes, "Good night, Sebastian."

<Shaw> He closed his eyes, though he had no intentions of sleeping. At any rate, he could relax, which was a rare treat. After a moment, he smirked. "Pleasant dreams."

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Postby Svartfreja » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:23 am

<Viper> Viper had had a busy day collecting more favours for her escape plan and was on her way to check in with those lucky few she'd be taking with her when she realised there was a distinct lack of any prisoners around on the lower level. The level she happened to be on. Her senses were on high alert.

<Warren> Warren knew the signs of something about to happen. With everyone dispersing and hiding it was easy to see Viper. He made a straight shot for her and grabbed her arm. "You need to hide. Something's about to happen." Warren tried to drag her to his room in a hurry.

<Viper> Viper didn't enjoy being dragged anywhere and tried to twist her arm free, "I know the signs," she assured him, turning her head as the sounds of boots reached her ears. "I think you're the one that should hide."

<Warren> Warren frowned when he saw that they were coming for her. "Shit... I... I'm sorry." He let go of her and slunk away quickly to hide.

<Viper> Viper watched him go then turned to face the guards, quickly finding herself surrounded. She wasn't afraid of them; fear was unfamiliar to her. She raised an eyebrow at the higher ranking guard to see if they would offer some sort of explanation. She hadn't even stabbed anyone today.

<Warren> Warren had gotten back to his cell and watched from the entrance as they surrounded her. A part of him kept screaming to help her; that's what a hero would do. But, he wasn't a hero anymore. He definitely wasn't Angel, his codename, anymore.

<Viper> There was no explanation offered before the first hit came from behind her and to the side of her head. Unexpected, the blow knocked her to the ground and she hardly had time to clear her head before another aimed a kick at her but she managed to roll away from that.

<Warren> Warren just watched in horror as they beat on her. It wasn't fair she couldn't fight back or it would get even worse. At least when it was asshole inmates she could fight back. "S...stop..." He almost whispered too scared to go after them himself.

<Viper> Viper curled up, trying to protect her ribs and her head from the booted feet that didn't hold back. They'd definitely broken a whole lot of things but they showed no sign of slowing down yet, even though she was struggling to breathe and was coughing up blood.

<Warren> Warren tried to think of something to do but he was powerless to help. "I'm so sorry Viper..." He just stared on hoping they'd finish before she was dead.

<Viper> At some point in the beating, Viper lost consciousness and, once they'd realised her body had relaxed the beating slowed down and eventually stopped. Then the guards left to return to their posts leaving her where she lay.

<Warren> As soon as they moved away Warren moved over to her to check on her. "Vi...viper?" He carefully tried to wake her before gently picking her up and putting her in his bed. "Sh...shit..."

<Viper> Viper's healing was working overtime trying to triage her many injuries. Her awareness drifted between blackness, blurred images, broken sounds and severe amounts of pain.

<Warren> Warren tried his best to make her as comfortable as possible. "I'm sorry Viper. Why the hell did they even do that..."

<Viper> She was vaguely aware that there was someone nearby her and she wasn't sure if they were friend or foe. She tried to roll away from them but that hurt a lot and she couldn't keep the yelp of pain in.

<Warren> "Stay still Viper. Fuck where's Jess when you need her." He tried to keep her still.

<Viper> She tried to make her vision focus, hissing at how much it hurt to open her eyes with her injuries and the light. It seemed that she was in safe-ish hands so she stopped trying to escape and worked on rolling onto her side so she could clear her chest.

<Warren> He couldn't get her to stop so Warren just carefully turned her on her side. "Please be okay..."

<Viper> She leaned over the side of the bed a little way and coughed up some blood which hurt like hell but she felt a little better after that and rolled onto her back again, throwing an arm over her eyes in an attempt to stop the pounding in her head. "I'll be fine..." she managed to croak out.

<Warren> "I'm sorry I didn't help you..." Warren looked away from her. He felt bad that he hadn't tried to help her.

<Viper> "Nonsense," she said dismissively, "I will heal. You would not." She coughed again and groaned at how much that had hurt.

<Warren> "Why did they even do that..." Warren frowned not knowing what to do.

<Viper> She shook her head, "I don't know..." Her internal injuries were severe and they took priority over her fractures so she tried not to move too much now.

<Warren> "This place is already hell enough." Warren sighed and sat on the floor next to his bed. "Can't they just leave us alone for once..."

<Viper> "Of course not," she turned her head to look at him, "Their jobs are boring."

<Warren> "It's not like we don't get beaten up enough by the other idiots..."

<Viper> "Well... I don't anymore... I decided to put a stop to that." She watched him out of the corner of her eyes.

<Warren> "That's good... at least they're not going to beat you while you're down."

<Viper> "Perhaps because they're afraid of retaliation by now," she managed at least part of her customary smirk.

<Warren> "That's good." Warren just sat up against the bed waiting for her to get better.

<Viper> "Have you tried fighting back?" she turned her head a little to study him better.

<Warren> "It'll only make it worse... I'm nothing without my powers."

<Viper> "Don't be silly," she frowned at him, even though the expression hurt, "Jessica does not have her powers now. She still defended you. I have never had enhanced strength and I manage just fine. You can learn if you want to."

<Warren> "I don't. Thanks for the offer though." Warren pulled his knees up to his chest.

<Viper> "Why not? Why do you let them hurt you? What could you possibly have done to deserve that in your short life?"

<Warren> "I've got no reason to fight back..."

<Viper> "What would be enough of a reason?" She shifted, wincing as she readjusted her position.

<Warren> "Nothing..." Warren rested his forehead on his knees.

<Viper> "There must be something," she coaxed, "You've survived this long." She reached out and gently rested her hand on his head.

<Warren> "I didn't used to be broken and lost the people I care about..."

<Viper> "Then make a deal with me... you learn to fight back and when we leave here we will find these people and fix you. I already said I would help you with your wings," she reminded him.

<Warren> "By now they're probably dead..." Warren still didn't believe her about his wings so why should he believe her about this.

<Viper> "You may be surprised. They could be safe and together, or in another place like this. There is no sense giving up when you don't know for certain. Would they give up on you?"

<Warren> "There's nothing I can do to help them anyways."

<Viper> "I'm sure that's what you thought when I was lying on the floor out there. But here I am now, in your bed and healing."

<Warren> "I didn't do anything. I can't heal you. I couldn't stop them from beating you."

<Viper> "But you stopped anyone else from taking advantage of my situation. I could be in worse trouble now if you hadn't brought me here." With some difficulty, she sat up, putting her feet on the floor, "And if they had taken me elsewhere you would have been the witness to tell the people that care for me."

<Warren> Warren just ignored her weird logic. "I didn't do anything. Your healing saved you not me."

<Viper> "Then ask yourself this," she moved carefully onto the floor in front of him to lift his gaze to make him look at her, "Why is a woman with a reputation for caring about no one bothering herself about you?"

<Warren> Warren pulled his head away from her. "Don't touch me..."

<Viper> "I'm not going to hurt you," she withdrew her hands a little way, "I want to help you."

<Warren> "I don't like being touched..." He turned his head away from her.

<Viper> "Why not?" She cocked her head on one side.

<Warren> "I just don't." Warren tried to blow her off.

<Viper> "I won't hurt you," she assured him again, "I doubt I could put up much of a fight myself right now." She tentatively reached out to put a hand on his, "Contact from others is important for mental wellbeing..."

<Warren> Warren pulled his hand away. "Don't touch me." He tried to move further away from her even though there wasn't really anywhere he could go.

<Viper> She frowned a little, "What are you afraid of?"

<Warren> "I don't want to be touched. Just don't!" He turned away from her.

<Viper> Viper shifted to sit on the floor because her crouched position was putting stress on her fractures. She pulled the blanket off the bed and lifted it around him then hugged him.

<Warren> Warren tensed up as soon as she hugged him. "J...just make it short." He relented since she wouldn't leave him alone.

<Viper> "Tell me why it bothers you so much," she asked of him, "Let me help you..."

<Warren> "I don't like it just please don't." He tried to make himself as small as possible.

<Viper> "I'm not going to hurt you, Warren." She assured him again, laying her head down on his shoulder because it was spinning again. "You are safe with me."

<Warren> "I just don't like it... I don't want to be touched." He tried hard to ignore that she was now cuddling him.

<Viper> She gently rubbed his arm, "You realise that Jessica is going to hug you, yes? I think you might now be one of her strays."

<Warren> "Please stop..." Warren tried to shrug her off.

<Viper> "In a moment," she told him, not sure her head had settled enough to move yet anyway. "My head..."

<Warren> "Yeah..." Warren almost groaned. He wanted this to be over.

<Viper> She experimentally lifted her head and decided she could at least probably manage to climb back onto the bed. She pressed a soft kiss to his cheek before releasing him and pulling herself back onto the bed, managing to mostly contain the noises of complaint at how much that hurt to do.

<Warren> Warren groaned a little at the kiss. "Please just stop touching me..."

<Viper> "I don't know if I can promise not to touch you at all," she told him, "Especially not if you want me to help you regain your wings."

<Warren> "Just... as little as possible then... please?"

<Viper> "I will try," she gave a small nod, "Though I may have to lean on you if I'm going to get back to my cell tonight."

<Warren> "You can stay till you're better... At least anyone else won't know where to look for you."

<Viper> "Thank you... but I hope you're not intending to sleep on the floor..."

<Warren> "I'm fine..." Warren got as comfortable as he could.

<Viper> "You're not..." she frowned, "Come up here..." she rolled over to put her back to him then patted the bed behind her, "I won't touch you."

<Warren> "I'd rather not." Warren looked at where she was patting on the bed.

<Viper> "You can't sleep on the floor, its not good for you... and there is only one blanket." She looked over her shoulder at him, "You can put your back to me if it will make you feel better."

<Warren> "F...fine whatever." Warren just sighed and got into the bed with her, keeping his back to her.

<Viper> Viper settled the blanket over them both and closed her eyes, "Thank you for your help today, Warren. I appreciate it."

<Warren> "Yeah...I'm sorry I couldn't do more." He frowned.

<Viper> "You did enough," she assured him.

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Postby adamuo9 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:23 am

Your posting is very useful.
Last edited by adamuo9 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
adamuo9
Lubber
Lubber

Postby Svartfreja » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:26 pm

<Carol> It was really really hard to stop grinning like an idiot because she was outside again. In daylight. On the ground. Miriam was delighted to have her father home for the day and Beth was glad for the day off daycare. Carol had a mission to find crayons, scissors and maybe a razor and some soap. She wasn't sure what Chris' plans were but now he had her plans to deal with too.

<Christopher> "You seem chipper today." Chris stretched a little before looking around. Searching for food was the only thing that he planned on doing today.

<Carol> "I feel a lot better," she smiled and leaned to hug his arm, "Talked to Sebastian about his crazy long wanderings then shot him a few times with energy and went for a swim in a lake. So now I can see straight and I don't feel like I'm going to go insane."

<Christopher> "Sounds fun." Chris gave her a little hug back. "So what's on the roster?"

<Carol> "I want to find some crayons or something for Miriam... and I kind of said I'd give Sebastian a haircut so I guess I need scissors... plus there's that hobo thing he has going on." She gestured vaguely at her face.

<Christopher> "We've all kinda got the hobo thing going on..." He shrugged. "I'm sure crayons could be doable."

<Carol> "Probably need paper too... though I guess she can pretty up the walls." Carol shrugged a shoulder, "I can shave you too if you want."

<Christopher> "What, you don't think I look ruggedly handsome?" Chris smirked a little.

<Carol> "I think you passed over that part a few weeks back," she laughed, "Before you say no, like I told Sebastian last night, I've actually shaved a guy with a straight razor before. And I didn't cut him."

<Christopher> "Even if you do manage to cut me, I heal quick. You know that." Chris gave her a little shove. "I'm fine for now. I kind of like it."

<Carol> She wrinkled her nose, "Okay." She shoved him back. "So where should we go? This is my first time doing this..."

<Christopher> "There's a few junk yards around here... And, if we're lucky, a few closed down shops we can raid." Chris headed off towards the junk yard he usually frequented. "It's been shut down for a while from what I can tell. Sadly it was probably run by a mutant."

<Carol> Carol followed him, looking around as they walked, "Wow the city sure went to hell.... can't really tell so much from the roof...."

<Christopher> "Yeah... looks like the zombies came through and ate the place out." He ran a hand through his hair. "Look for kid stuff and we might get lucky with crayons." He started searching through some books for something to entertain during downtime.

<Carol> It was less a junkyard and more a place where belongings from house clearouts got dumped. All these things probably belonged to mutants and now it was treated as if contaminated in some way. She tried not to think about it as she wound her way through the heaps of discarded items, looking for anything that seemed promising.

<Christopher> "Just be careful. We can't stay here long. Don't want anyone else noticing us around." Chris filled his pack with a few things here and there. "Beth mention anything she wants?"

<Carol> Carol shook her head, "Sebastian came with painkillers last night so she's good for a while." She gave Chris a smile, "He also brought canned peaches. I hid them for a surprise for Miriam later."

<Christopher> "Cool." Chris just kept looking around for things. "Found some lack luster art supplies." He kept digging around looking for things that might entertain Miriam. "Don't think she likes physics text books do you?"

<Carol> "Don't know if she's old enough for them yet... but they might be good for bedtime reading?" Unafraid of sharp things, Carol dove into a pile almost head first in search of treasure.

<Christopher> "Careful or you'll be walking back naked. You might be indestructible but your clothes aren't." Chris grabbed a few more things before moving over to her. "We should keep moving."

<Carol> "This jacket has been with me through a lot. It can handle it." She pulled out a travel kit that looked like it might contain toiletries and rummaged around in it as she followed him again.

<Christopher> "Food and bedding before dropping stuff off and then wood." Chris shifted his pack on his back.

<Carol> "Okay..." she zipped up the bag again and tucked it under an arm, bending to pick up tennis ball from the floor. She checked the bounce and decided it was good, catching the ball and stuffing it in a pocket.

<Christopher> "It's not that fun, I know." Chris frowned a little. "I don't like to linger long though..."

<Carol> "I know, I get that..." she took his arm, "I just want to find something nice for her, you know? It sucks that she has to grow up like this."

<Christopher> "Yeah I know. We'll figure something out." Chris kept his eyes out for other people, hoping they wouldn't run into anyone.

<Carol> "Hopefully before she has to remember any of this...." she sighed, briefly resting her head on his shoulder.

<Christopher> "For now all we can do is hope to keep her safe. I wish we could find better supplies and a place to stay. Let everyone be more comfortable."

<Carol> "Well there's not much point looking for anywhere right now... not while Sebastian's still set on finding Jess..." She toed a piece of debris experimentally.

<Christopher> "Yeah it'll be nice to have more friendly faces." Chris sighed as they closed in on another one of his treasure troves.

<Carol> "That's assuming we ever find out where she is.... and that she's still alive." She glanced at him, "And I know she's not the only one missing..."

<Christopher> "I know... so many people taken... probably even more dead." Chris just sighed.

<Carol> "Yeah... and me stuck out here feeling completely useless...." Her foot found something large and heavy to kick in frustration. "I hate this..."

<Christopher> "You're not the only one... I lost my son and most everyone I love. All I've got left is my best friend and a girl I barely know and a guy I don't like and his daughter." Chris searched through the rubble for something useful. "I'd rather have something to punch than be doing this. But at least I can be helpful somehow."

<Carol> Carol shook her head, "You don't get it... I used to work for those people... I should be able to help..."

<Christopher> "It's not like you're to fault for all this. They're the one's who betrayed all of us." Chris threw a few more things into his pack.

<Carol> "It wasn't just them... it was the people that voted them in." She decided to distract herself and look for more things for Miriam.

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Postby Svartfreja » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:27 pm

<Viper> Finally back in her own cell after an agonising breakfast, Viper was glad to be able to lie down. She'd worked very hard to hide how much pain she was still in from the other prisoners because she was sure they would jump at the chance to take advantage of her weakened state. Unfortunately, she couldn't just hide until she was done healing. She had to eat or the healing would crawl to a stop.

<Shinobi> Obi was feeling better himself, after a little TLC from his adopted mom. He was mostly able to hide his limp now, and his bruises were turning green as they healed. With his coloring, the bruises blended fairly well. He missed breakfast, but there was talk just after it.

<Viper> Viper shifted on her bed, trying to get comfortable. Her many broken ribs were not cooperating and nor were the fractures in her legs and pelvis. She sat up with a sound of frustration and slid back into the top corner of the bed instead, using the walls either side to brace herself.

<Shinobi> He hadn't let Jess cut his hair because he'd learned in SHIELD detention that crazy hair and an evil eye did wonders to get people to leave him the fuck alone. So, it only took a couple of requests made of obviously lower-tier guys to find out who had been beaten and where her room was.

<Viper> Viper leaned her head back and stared at the ceiling. This was not at all comfortable either. She sank down again and just lay flat on her back. It was the only safe position, uncomfortable or not.

<Shinobi> It wasn't as if he could knock on a door, but he was assuming he was at her cell. Obi leaned at the entrance and angled his face to carry his voice, keeping his eyes on the hall. "Viper?"

<Viper> Damn it. She pushed herself up into a sitting position again and attempted to look more comfortable than she felt, "Yes?"

<Shinobi> Now that he heard her voice, he shifted his weight. "It's Michael Shaw."

<Viper> "You can come in," She put her feet on the floor and gripped the edge of the bed in an effort to keep the pain from her voice.

<Shinobi> He swung around the corner and paused when he caught sight of her. "Jesus, you look fucking awful," he said before he could stop it.

<Viper> She raised an eyebrow at him, "Thank you." She eyed him for a moment, "You seem better."

<Shinobi> "Yeah, I feel better." He studied her a bit. "Why do you let them do this to you?"

<Viper> "I didn't have a choice. If it was fellow prisoners I would have fought back... if you fight the guards it is worse." Her tongue probed a cut on her lip that her healing wasn't likely to get to for some time.

<Shinobi> He shook his head, once, then moved closer. "Yeah, but why?"

<Viper> "Why what? I was surrounded by ten men twice my size wearing body armour. Exactly what do you expect me to do in that situation?"

<Shinobi> Rolling his eyes, he decided to sit on the corner of her cot and lower his voice. "You have an escape plan. So why are you still here?"

<Viper> "Because I'm not leaving Jessica behind. And, due to her tendency to collect strays, that makes things more complicated. I'm almost ready but there is still a little way to go."

<Shinobi> He studied her for a moment, eyes narrowed. "And I'm a stray, too?"

<Viper> "Of course. You were one of the first." She raised an eyebrow at his suspicion. "You weren't really expecting me to leave you all behind, were you?"

<Shinobi> "...I suspected I was one of the last, since I just turned up."

<Viper> Viper shook her head, "You are family. Family is the most important thing to Jessica." She shifted where she sat, wincing in pain.

<Shinobi> "Then you know she thinks of you as family, too."

<Viper> Viper nodded, "Yes, I am aware. Though I'm not sure what capacity she thinks of me in."

<Shinobi> His nose wrinkled. "Yeah, I'm not sure either, but you're in there." Obi cocked his head. "I've gotten used to thinking of you as the odd aunt."

<Viper> Her eyebrow went up again at this admission, "Should I be offended?"

<Shinobi> He laughed. "I don't think so. I didn't have any family at all until I met you lot."

<Viper> "Yes... and you're welcome, by the way," she replied with a small smirk. "In case you are wondering... I do have a plan for after we get out of here."

<Shinobi> "I would hope so. The more of us there will be, the harder it will be to stay hidden or to get anywhere." He made a face. That was how he'd gotten separated from Hope and Tony, after all.

<Viper> "I always have a plan," she assured him, "I anticipated Hyrda might betray me again and I made sure it would be less of a problem. There are places we can go."

<Shinobi> "Such as?" He shifted his weight and winced.

<Viper> "I have several safehouses with weapons caches among other things inside. We will go to the nearest and recover from the damage done by this place first of all."

<Shinobi> He had to admit that was a decent plan. "Communication capabilities?"

<Viper> "Yes, of course." She gave a nod, "How else am I expeted to hack SHIELD or Hydra to find out what they are doing?"

<Shinobi> "Good..." He fingered his collar. The sooner he could get in touch with Hope and Tony the better.

<Viper> "I want to make my move as soon as I am fully healed. So try to stay out of trouble until then, alright?"

<Shinobi> That made him look up and give her another once-over. "When will that be? How fast do you really heal?" Obi tugged at the collar around his neck. "You seem to get a fresh beating every other day."

<Viper> "It varies... broken bones take the longest but my healing seems to triage my injuries and heal the most life-threatening faster." She paused while she considered how many fractures she had, "Perhaps a few more days."

<Shinobi> "So staying out of trouble goes both ways, right?" He smirked, tilting his head.

<Viper> "I will do my utmost but trouble seems to find me wherever I go. Bruises I can manage, broken bones are another matter."

<Shinobi> "Oh, I understand." His cracked ribs were only marginally better, no matter how much care Jess tried to give him. He sighed. "So... How many strays are tagging along?"

<Viper> "Well there are you and Jessica... and I suppose that small furry child, and another former student from the school Jessica seems to have adopted called Warren."

<Shinobi> "...Warren." No... But then, how many Warrens could there have been at Xavier's? "Wings?" He made a faint flapping gesture.

<Viper> Viper sighed, "Once upon a time."

<Shinobi> Obi's eyebrows shot up. "Once upon a time?!"

<Viper> "It seems they removed them." she looked at Michael, "He is very close to giving up... but I have promised to try and restore his wings to him when we leave here."

<Shinobi> "They... removed..." He shouldn't be surprised, yet he supposed he was. After a bit, he shook himself and focused on her. "How do you restore that?!"

<Viper> "You underestimate my abilities." Her lips slid into her customary smirk, "I have had a lot of practise when it comes to altering genetics and installing abilities that are not already present. Until I can examine him properly, however, it is difficult to know what approach I'll need to take. It may be a simple case of removing scar tissue and giving his healing a boost."

<Shinobi> His nose wrinkled. "Yeah, but that was with Hydra resources..."

<Viper> "And what resources do you think I installed in my safe houses?" she raised an eyebrow.

<Shinobi> "...that must be one hell of a safe house."

<Viper> "When have you ever known me to do the bare minimum?"

<Shinobi> Obi snorted. "Yeah, you got me there." He looked back at the cell door, checking for any lurkers. "So," he started, "assuming we all stay out of trouble for a few days, our small herd escapes how?"

<Viper> "I have spent a large amount of time collecting many favours. I can call them all in simmultaneously with a signal."

<Shinobi> "And you trust that this will work?"

<Viper> "I have contingencies in case not everyone fulfills their end of the deal."

<Shinobi> "Yeah, and are you going to share any of these signs and signals and contingencies? Just... in case, you know."

<Viper> "In case of what? You find another me that you can use instead?"

<Shinobi> He raised an eyebrow and gave her a look. "Yes, if there's a shapeshifter handy."

<Viper> She laughed, "A shapeshifter would be of no use to you with their collar on." She pointed out.

<Shinobi> "Yes," he nodded, slowly. "That's why I'm joking."

<Viper> Ah. Jokes. Her nose wrinkled a little. "This is neither the time nor the place."

<Shinobi> Obi smirked. "I just thought it might be a good idea to know what to watch for... in terms of these signals."

<Viper> "Oh you won't be able to miss it once the fun starts. Just watch for me and follow where I go."

<Shinobi> She was hopeless. "Fine," he sighed, hiding a wince when the deep breath strained his ribs.

<Viper> "Don't you trust me?" she raised an eyebrow.

<Shinobi> "It's not really that," he said, this time with a lighter sigh, and ran his hand through his dirty hair. "I just feel..." Obi wrinkled his nose. "Helpless."

<Viper> She decided not to point out that he was, "I'm sure everyone feels that way."

<Shinobi> He paused in rubbing his face to mutter. "Except for you, I suppose."

<Viper> "Well of course. But not everyone is like me."

<Shinobi> Thank God. Obi looked up at her with a smirk. "So, we stay out of trouble, and we get out. It should be easy, right?"

<Viper> "Or fun," she offered because she was sure it wasn't going to be easy.

<Shinobi> He just laughed. Fun? Yeah, they were fucked.

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Return to What If??