"Blue Crush" TJ fic about boys...

For all fiction that occurs outside the game timeline, either before or after the characters initiation into the game.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:35 pm

This takes place abou 2 years prior to the events of the RP. TJ's at home with the friends she's grown up with. She has a crush. Awww. Here's how it goes:

~&~

He reached across the table, grabbing at the deck of cards, shuffling. She couldn’t keep her eyes off him. Those hands, those beautiful hands. God, and his hair. It was so dark, so perfect. He kept it relatively short, kind of messy. What a turn on. She watched as he carefully split the deck, shuffling them back together. Wow, he was so good at that.

“So, what the hell, am I playing alone?!”

“Alan,” David halted in switching dvds. “We’re not playing poker. We all already said we weren’t playing poker. You fucking with those cards isn’t gonna make us play poker.”

“Seriously? Come on! Why not?” Alan turned to the rest. “You guys are serious? One hand!”

“Alan, shut up for five minutes, and watch the movie!” Matt, sprawled over the couch, told him.

“I’ll play!” TJ sat up, moving closer to the coffee table. She blushed when he smiled at her.

Alan winked at her. “All right, perfect! Come on guys? Mel? One hand!”

Melanie sat back, slowly blowing smoke out of her mouth. “No way man. We’re watching movies.” She passed the bowl on to TJ, sitting back against the couch. “Besides, like, cards? Come on. Cards suck.”

Matt nodded in agreement, shifting slightly on the couch. TJ looked around at the rest, taking a hit off the pipe before passing it on. “Well, I’m in. How do you play?” She didn’t care if no one else played. In fact, she didn’t care if they even stayed! She could just sit there, and play poker with Alan all night. She likes cards! They have so much in common! He’d see that…

Alan threw the cards down dejectedly. “Nah, it’s not really so fun with two people.” He flashed her a smile. “Thanks though,” grabbing the pipe and taking a hit.

Talia Josephine leaned back next to Melanie, watching as the smoke curled from Alan’s lips. Oh, those lips. They were so beautiful. They looked so soft, so perfectly kissable. He reached over, handing the pipe off to David, and she watched his biceps flex as he moved back. Such a perfect body. Just a little bit of muscle. And god, he was just so cool. It was so odd. She’d known all these kids her whole life. They grew up together. They’d always been close. But, Jesus, she wanted to be closer to Alan.

“Dude, seriously? Your not fucking invisible,” Matt said, throwing a pillow at Alan. “Sit somewhere that’s not in front of the fucking TV.”

Alan grabs the pillow, and moves to the opposite side of the coffee table, settling in next to TJ. Oh wow. He’s sitting right there. Right next to her. She can smell him. He smells like…well, like weed at the moment. But it’s nice. She wonders if he’d let her put her head on his shoulder? Or maybe, if she moved a bit closer? No, she should watch him. See what he does. Maybe he’ll put his arm around her? She was getting nervous. She should be bold. She should do something bold. She should-

“TJ, pass me the chips?”

She was shaken out of her thoughts. “Um, sure!” Smiling, she grabbed the bag and handed them to Alan.

“Thanks babe,” he said, giving her a wide smile. He called her babe! Did that mean something? Should she take it as a hint? She couldn’t help look at him as he looked at her. He had the most beautiful brown eyes-

“Jesus CHRIST get a room!” David yelled, settling back on the recliner.

Alan threw the bag of chips at David. “Haha, that’s so fucking funny man. SO funny.”

“Oh, dude, Jesus, there’s crumbs everywhere! My mom’s gonna fucking kill me!” David stood, chips falling off his clothing. “You better clean this up.”

As the two boys argued, Talia thought on David’s “get a room” comment. What did that mean? Did they see it too? Did they know something she didn’t? Did Alan want her as much as she wanted him? Was she supposed to do something? She should do something. Or say something.

“Guys, can we all just shut up? Watch the damn movie!” Melanie threw her head back, annoyed at the situation. They’d all agreed they’d chill, smoke, and watch movies. All this shit about cards and whatever else was just distracting.

“Yeah, no problem Mel,” Alan settled back down next to TJ, focusing on the television.

The kids sat in silence watching the movie. Eventually, Matt packed another bowl and passed it around. TJ tried to watch the movie, but her attention kept shifting to Alan. As he munched on chips he’d collected from the ground. As she passed him the bowl and he delicately raised it to his lips, pulling a long drag, before the smoke snaked out of his mouth. He blew a smoke ring, and gave her a wink. She couldn’t help but blush at him. “That’s so cool.”

“Right? I could teach you.” He replied, passing the bowl on to Matt.

“Really?! That’d be so….cool.” Dammit, her vocabulary limited itself while high. She had to start sounding smarter. And sexier. Yeah. Wait, how do you do that?

The silence fell over them again. Talia couldn’t get her mind off Alan. I mean, here he was sitting so close. He offered to teach her to blow smoke rings. That had to mean something. She hoped she hadn’t sounded too eager. But, this had to mean something. Right? He had to like her. Definitely. Maybe he was waiting for the right time to make a move? Maybe he was nervous? Or…maybe he didn’t like her? Gah, this was so hard!

“Oh, fuck!” Melanie stood, eyes on the wall clock. “Guys, I gotta go, my dad’s gonna FLIP if I don’t get home!”

Alan stood too. “I could walk you, if you want?” TJ wondered about that. He was a sweet guy. Yeah. He was so sweet, he’d walk a girl home. That’s so sweet!

Melanie gave a look between Alan and TJ. She knew how TJ felt. She had no idea about Alan, but she wasn’t about to break that up. “No, I’ll be fine,” she grabbed her stuff and headed out. “Later guys.”

The kids waved at Melanie as she left, attention turning back to the movie. They barely heard when David's mother entered the basement. “TJ?”

The kids all turned their attention, Matt quickly stashing the weed. Talia looked up “Hey Mrs. Runningbear.”

“TJ, your mother called, she’s looking for you,” she turned to the rest. “It’s getting pretty late, kids, I think it’s time everyone headed home.”

Oh fuck. Mom called. What time was it anyway? She was gonna hear this when she got home. She stood, stretching her arms out and grabbing her stuff. “Bye guys.” She waved, her gaze staying on Alan a bit longer.

“See ya TJ!” David said back, Matt waving. She began to head toward the stairs.

“Hey, TJ, wait!” She turned to see Alan grabbing his stuff. “It’s late, I’ll walk you home?”

OH MY GOD! She wanted to jump up and down right now. But, she kept her cool, as best she could. “Sure,” she said with what she was sure was a huge smile. Gah, she needed to play cool.

Alan waved to the other boys, and the two went upstairs and out into the cool night. They walked beside each other silently, Alan his hands in his pockets, TJ’s clutching her bag. She looked up into the starry sky. Such a pretty night. Such a ROMANTIC night. “It’s so pretty, isn’t it?”

Alan looked up “Huh? Oh yeah. Its pretty.”

They walked in silence again. TJ‘s house was drawing closer, and she wondered what exactly Alan had in mind. She hoped her father wasn’t waiting up, but she knew better than to hope that. He’d be sitting at the front window. That’d be perfect, she thought.

Finally, they’d made it to TJ’s house. TJ stood in front of the door, hands still clutching her bag. Was he gonna try something? Should she? Should she wait? Or go inside? “Well, here it is.”

“Yeah,” Alan said, looking down. He stood a minute, before lifting his head. “Hey, TJ, can I ask you something?”

Her heart leapt. Oh my God. Here it was. He liked her and wanted her to be his girlfriend. It had to be it. Was she ready? Was she ready to have a boyfriend? Or to be someone’s girlfriend? She didn’t know…but she did know that they’d figure it out. Her and Alan, they’d figure it all out. It was perfect.

She smiled, blushing a bit, not able to meet his gaze. “Sure Alan. Anything.” Oh man this was it!

He looked away shyly for a second. “Well, I’ve been thinking like, we’re good friends right?”

“Yeah,” she nodded smiling.

“And like….well, this is so awkward….well, you’re really good friends with Mel, right?”

“Yeah,” she nodded, a bit confused. What did Melanie have to do with this?

“Well,” he looked down, not meeting her gaze. “Do you-“ he paused.

What? Do I love you? Do I want you? Do I want to be your girlfriend? Go on a date? Kiss? Make out? WHAT?! TJ thought.

“Do you think Mel would wanna go out with me sometime?”

Her heart sank. It didn’t just sink. It fell through her chest, out her feet, through the center of the earth and landed on some Chinese guys breakfast table. Mel? He liked Mel? How could she be so stupid. She straightened her face up, her smile remaining, even though inside she just wanted to bawl.

“Uh,” she started. “I dunno.” SAY NO! SAY MEL WOULD NEVER! “Why don’t you ask?”

“I’m too shy to ask, I dunno,” he kicked some dirt. “You know, when you like someone. I’m scared she’ll say no.” His eyes met hers. “Could you find out for me?”

NO! FUCK NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT! ARE YOU JOKING?! “Uh, yeah, I could find out,” did she really just say that? Shit why did she agree to that?

“Really? TJ you’re the best.” He leaned forward and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Her heart leapt. “Such a good friend.” And dropped.

She kept her dopey smile up as she backed to the door, stumbling a bit on the welcome mat. “Well, I have to go, it’s late, goodnight.” She pushed the door open.

“Night Teej!” Alan waved, and turned, heading toward his own house.

Talia bit her lip, hard, trying not to cry. She closed the door, a bit hard, still grinning like an idiot. Alan liked Melanie. Well, wasn’t that just grand? FUCK of COURSE Alan liked Melanie! Melanie wasn’t some blue skinned freak! Gah, she could feel her eyes well up. She wasn’t gonna be able to hold on much longer.

“Talia?” she turned as she heard her fathers voice. “What’s going on with that boy out there?” GREAT of course he’d seen it!

“Nothing!” she said, her voice cracking slightly.

He looked at her a bit sideways. “You were supposed to be home an hour ago. Your mother and I were worried. I don’t want you out this late.”

“OK, I won’t!” GOD she just wanted to rush to her room.

He moved closer. “You ok princess?”

Oh god, she couldn’t hold it. “I’m fine, I’m going to bed nite!” she rushed into her room and let it out. She flung herself onto her bed, crying into her pillow. How could she have been so dumb?

She barely registered as her mother entered the room. “Sweetie? Is everything ok?”

Turning, she wiped the tears from her eyes. “Fine, Mom.” Yeah, her mother’d buy that.

Christine sat on her daughters bad, putting a hand up to rub her back. “Whats up honey? What’s wrong?”

TJ couldn’t help it. She began to cry, Christine putting her arms around her, pulling her close. “Oh sweetie, its ok. Tell Mommy what’s wrong.”

She wasn’t sure if she really wanted to tell her mom all this. But, she couldn’t stop herself as her mouth opened and she told it all. About Alan, and how much she liked him, and about Melanie and everything. Damn pot.

Christine sighed. “I’m sorry baby.”

“Why mom? I thought he liked me,” she sniffled, wiping her nose. “I thought he liked me. And suddenly, he’s all about Melanie. Why?” She frowned, looking at her hands. “Is it because I’m different? A freak?”

“Talia!” Christine scolded. “You are NOT a freak. You are a beautiful girl, sweetheart. A beautiful, funny, talented young woman.” She put her arms around her, drawing her close. “One day, sweetie, I promise. You’ll meet someone who’ll love everything about you. They’ll be able to see the amazing girl your father and I see. But, hun, you’re still young.” She pulled her chin up, looking into her daughters unique golden eyes. “Just sixteen. You’ve got plenty of time.”

“I know,” she wrinkled her chin, to keep from crying. “It’s not fair though.” She couldn’t help it as tears poured down her cheeks.

“Lot’s of things aren’t fair sweetie,” she held her close, rocking slightly. “But that’s the way life is. I’m so sorry this had to happen baby. But there are so many more boys out there. And I promise, you’ll find one.” As she looked into her daughters face, she thought, how could she not? Regardless of the blue and other oddities, Talia was stunning. Christine watched her baby sniffle again, and wipe her puffy eyes. She pushed TJ’s hair behind her pointed ear. “And when you find the right one, it’ll be special. But slow down. Don’t worry so much about it.”

“OK,” TJ sniffed again. Gah, the weed was really having an effect. She felt like she was gonna pass out.

Christine leaned forward and gave her a kiss on the forehead. “For now, go to sleep, ok sweetie? We can talk more in the morning.” She gave her daughter one last squeeze, before standing and moving to the door. “Goodnight angel.”

“Goodnight Mom,” TJ responded, as her mother shut her door. She stood, stripping her clothes off, rummaging in her drawers for her pajamas. Catching herself in the mirror, she sighed, biting her lip, trying not to cry again. She wished she could believe what her mother told her, but……who could love her? Who would want her? She could feel the tears start as she pulled her night shirt over her head.

Slowly turning off her light, she moved to the bed, catching herself again in the mirror. In the dark, you couldn’t make out so much detail, you could almost take her for completely normal. Well, until your eyes truly adjusted. She sighed, burrowing under the covers, wiping her face on her pillow. She just couldn’t imagine anyone would want to love her. Not even the people she’d known her whole life, why would someone else?

~&~

Not so sure I like the ending and I need a title. Suggestions?

[Edited on 26/6/06 by NachtcGleiskette]

[Edited on 7/7/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€

littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:45 pm

Aw, I like it!! It's so simple and sweet, but it's always more complex than that really! I think a lot of girls have been in similar situations to TJ, but of course it cuts so much deeper with her as she looks different.

Nice little insight ;)

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:02 pm

It was so sweet - and so close to life. I have done that WAY TOO MANY TIMES.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.

idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:52 am

Poor TJ! I really did dig this, thought one tiny nit to pick:

No, she should watch him. She what he does.

should be 'See what he does.'

But other than that, awesome!
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:11 pm

Awwww! Sweet! And, yep, I’ve been there too, with those exact thoughts. One typo stuck out:

“They barely heard when David(’s) mother entered the basement.”

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:47 pm

You god damned editors!!!!!

LOL but thanks for the crits!! And the compliments!! I can't imagine ANY of us have not been in that situation...and what a shitty shitty situation. I really liked writing this fic too....it was a lot of fun...

Thankies! :kiss
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€

Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:32 pm

I think my favorite part is the end where she's looking at herself in the mirror in the dark so that she can look "normal".

I saw the typos too, but hey... whatever...

:)

-e

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:20 pm

We point out typos because we WUV you! :kiss

….and because of the OCD….

Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:59 pm

Heh. You didn't have to tell us she had a crush. The very first paragraph tells exactly how she feels without telling us. Awesome.
Alan grabs the pillow, and moves to the opposite side of the coffee table, settling in next to TJ. Oh wow. He’s sitting right there. Right next to her. She can smell him. He smells like…well, like weed at the moment. But it’s nice. She wonders if he’d let her put her head on his shoulder? Or maybe, if she moved a bit closer? No, she should watch him. See what he does. Maybe he’ll put his arm around her? She was getting nervous. She should be bold. She should do something bold. She should-
That part of it is in a different tense than the rest.
Talia bit her lip, hard, trying not to cry. She closed the door, a bit hard, still grinning like an idiot. Alan liked Melanie. Well, wasn’t that just grand? FUCK of COURSE Alan liked Melanie! Melanie wasn’t some blue skinned freak! Gah, she could feel her eyes well up. She wasn’t gonna be able to hold on much longer.
I think that part pretty much sums up her final reaction to the thing and the bit with her mother after that needlessly expounds on that same stuff, especially having seen how they interact in other places... I'd end it with
“Nothing!” she said, her voice cracking slightly.
and leave it at that...though I'm a bit torn about that, since I really like her trying to see herself as normal by looking in the mirror in the dark.

[Edited on 7-2-2006 by Crash Tofu]
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:25 pm

I like that part too. I think everyone can emphasise and it's a great story! :) As always, love the amazing characterisation our RP writers have and their great ideas.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:33 pm

Worst

Title

Ever