christmas 2006: Scott

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Please post everything that happens to your character here - any interactions, fics, flogs (which please also post in your myspace if you wish) or whatnot. This does mean that some things will be duplicated if you did them with another player (ie instances) but it will help establish your characters timeline.

Once Christmas is over, the mods ensure that all of these will be sorted into their appropriate sub-forums.

Let the games begin!

Nacht and Paws

[Edited on 21/2/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Well, I've written out a time line for my stuff. So, when it's all over, I will post it. Hopefully that'll help.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Home Sweet Montana

Post by JSherlock »

Disclaimer: don't own them nor am I making money.

And a BIG thank you to Slarti for being my Beta and to SK for pointing out that Scott was in a random airport somewhere: that sent me into a half hour of researching Montana airports! So, everything about Gallatin Field is TRUE!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Scott lugged his two suitcases and his duffel bag into a men’s restroom in Gallatin Field airport, Montana, and dumped them by the first sink. Gripping the sides of the sink, he stared at himself in the mirror. His face was thinner, he needed a haircut, and he had not had the inclination to shave before leaving on his flight. He looked…tired. I look like shit. I feel like shit. He sighed, and looked around. Nobody. His eyes flicked to his watch. Megan’s late. He eased off his glasses, closing his eyes as they came away from his face. He rubbed the bridge of his nose, sighing. The cold, sterile air felt good on his eyelids. He was tired, and the 4 hour lay-over in Minneapolis had been long, and now, he just wanted to go home.

Putting down the glasses, neatly folded on the edge of the sink, he pushed the knob for water and cupped his hands, and splashed water on his face. He pulled some paper towels from the dispenser and dried his face and hands with them. He replaced the glasses and looked at himself again. Still look like hell. He watched the light glancing off the red lenses, sliding over the smooth surface as he shifted his position slightly, even though he tried not to move.

Someone knocked on the door. “Hey, Slim! You in there?”

Scott jerked out of his trance, “yeah, Megan! I’m in here.” He looked at his watch. He had been zoning out of it for nearly 20 minutes. He grabbed his luggage and hauled them out to Megan’s waiting hug.

“Where’s Chris?” Scott asked as he hugged her back.

“He’s saving the site from snow. We found some really cool bones – but no human remains – mostly rhinoceros and other mammals. No dinosaurs for you.”

Scott shrugged. “I don’t mind.”

“Ugh! You didn’t shave!” She mussed his hair up as she let him go. “Christ, Scott you look like hell!” She gave him an once-over. “You haven’t been eating properly either; you’ve lost weight.” She put her hands on her hips and glared at him. “You don’t look so good. Was it a long trip?”

Scott nodded, and played with the tasseled edge of his scarf. “Yeah – I had a layover in Minneapolis. Some stupid girl wouldn’t stop hitting on me – even though I mentioned Angel. And the guy on the other side of me kept on and on about how he was going to marry Angelina Jolie next. There was nowhere else to sit or stand – it was really crowded.” Scott put on his hat after running his fingers through his hair. Megan kept sizing him up.

“It’s cold outside, might want to put your gloves on too.” She said finally.

Scott pulled them out of his pocket, and put them on distractedly. He looked around, not really thinking. He looked back at Megan who was still staring at him fixedly. He could see the cogs in her brain working.

“You haven’t been taking your meds, have you.”

“Well, um…no.” He looked away and hung his head. “The prescriptions ran out.”

“WHAT? When?” Megan grabbed his arms and shook him slightly.

“I don’t know. A while, a month or more.” Scott said quietly.

“A month?!” Megan stepped back in shock. “Scott, you can’t just stop taking those drugs! They’re powerful psychotropics. You could fuck your brain or - or liver up permanently! You’re so stupid, sometimes, Scott!” Megan grabbed his duffel bag and heaved it over her shoulder.

“Gee, thanks a lot Megan. Make me feel worse than I do already!” Scott snapped, yanking along his suitcases after her.

“Your own fault, Scott, don’t yell at me.” Megan said, after a minute of tense silence. “It was snowing fairly hard so I had to stop to put chains on the wheels. That’s why I was so late.” Scott did not respond.

Once they were outside, the freezing air stung his face and chilled his lungs. He wrapped his scarf tighter around his face and turned up the collar of his jacket.

“We’ll follow the snow plow to the highway.” Megan pointed to the large vehicle just pulling out of the parking lot. Scott just nodded and did not look up.

They loaded up the covered jeep, and Megan turned up the heater on high. Scott pulled off his hat, unwound his scarf, pulled off his gloves, and settled into the seat. He drew the seatbelt down and clicked it secure.

“Scott, I’m sorry.” Megan said once the car heated up.

“Forget it. Please just drop it. It’s Christmas. Just let it go.” Scott pleaded. When Megan just gave him an annoyed look, he stared out of the window.

Megan sighed, and drove out of the covered parking lot onto Frontage Road. “Ok.” She drummed her fingers on the steering wheel. After a stretch of silence, broken by the swish of the windshield wipers, she asked, “So…how was school this semester?”

Scott scrunched down in his seat. “It sucked. I don’t want to go back.”

“What? You looked like you were having a good time, and that Angel girl is smoking hot! She had you in her sights. What happened?”

“I-I…I got into a fight with Remy, you know the guy who was all over the blue girl?”

“Yeah…TJ, right?”

“Yeah. Anyway, I lost the fight, and we got chewed out big time by one of the professors. But, I got over it and have been trying to repair fences for a while now. But those two fucking stubborn mules won’t just let it go and get over it! Every time I tried to make it up, they fucking threw it back in my face. They are so goddamn immature! Especially TJ – she’s child-like in her simplicity – I almost wonder if she doesn’t have some sort of mental retardation.

“And Remy’s just…I dunno. He’s creepy. He ignores me, and then comes outta nowhere to confront me, and then he just disappears again. He’s mostly just a pain, since he gets in digs all the time! It’s like a fucking brick wall with them. NO headway at all. I even got them Christmas presents, but Remy basically shoved it back in my face and told me not to give one to TJ either!” Scott leaned back and growled under his breath.

“Wow, Slim.” Megan said finally. “And this fight – I assume you started it: Chris told me of your illustrious past.”

Scott deflated a bit. “Yeah, I did, but damnit, I’ve tried to repair the damage. I even tried to listen to their point of view, just like Father Wagner said to! But they won’t cooperate!”

“Wait – Father Wagner?”

“Yeah – turns out one of our teachers is a priest. Go figure.” Scott smiled a bit. “So, I know it’s my fault, and I’ve told them as much – but is it enough for their holier-than-thous? NO. Fuckers.” Scott crossed his arms and glared at the drifting snow.

“I know this may come as a shock, Scott, but you can be a little bastard sometimes. I’m sure it comes from being the spoiled baby. I don’t hold it against you. That’s just how you are. Maybe they come from backgrounds that have molded them to the way they are?”

Scott shot her a vexed glare, but let her comment slide, since if he were honest with himself, he was. “Yeah. But it’s SO frustrating not getting anywhere!”

“Pot calling the kettle black, Slim.” Megan said, with a joking lilt. She did not want to deal with a pissy Scott all through the holiday. She turned onto Main Street, and merged onto the interstate 90.

“I know, I know.” He waved his hand as through brushing the cobwebs away. “So…how are you and Chris? You set a date for the wedding yet?”

“Er…” Megan blinked at the sudden change in topic. “Actually, yes! I’m SO excited. We’re going to have a late spring wedding! So… May 5th is the tentative date right now. We may change to later in the month. But May definitely. You are going to be the best man, and – you probably don’t really want to know all the dreary details, huh?” Megan winked at Scott.

“Not really, no. I still think you should throw Chris over your shoulder and haul him off to elope.” Scott rolled his eyes. “Seriously. Did you just pick the date and Chris said, ‘Ok, sweetie, look at this crystalline formation! Isn’t it so amazing?’”

“Yeah. Pretty much.” Megan giggled. “But I wouldn’t have him any other way!” Megan turned off the highway down a newly plowed dirt road. “How’s your love life?”

Scott looked down at his boots.

“That bad, huh? Please don’t tell me she dumped you.”

“No, I dumped her. As gently and as nicely as I could. I was dealing with my own shit, and well, she didn’t need to go through it too.” Scott smiled a little. “She slapped me so hard I had an imprint of her hand in bruises.” Scott wriggled in his seat, remembering the bruises Remy had left.

“Well, good for her.” Megan mused. “You were going through shit?”

“I hadn’t been taking my medication, so, yeah I was a bit off-key, I guess.”

“Did you tell her you were on medication?”

“Hell no! She’d think I was a doped up loony!”

“Well, you are. There’s no shame in admitting you’re depressed and getting better through the wonderful world of pharmacology.”

“Yeah, but, that’s no way to impress a girl! ‘Hi, I’m Scott, and I’m depressed. I’m on no less than three different medications all of which are designed to keep me in a feel-good stupor. Pleasure to meet you.’ Yeah. That’d go over really well.

“Basically we’re apart, but we still like each other. We’ve shared a few hot kisses. But – that’s it. I think she genuinely cares about me…I don’t want to scare her off with my craziness.”

“And do you like her?”

“Hell yes! She’s the only one who’s stood by me in that fucking place. She was so kind, and sweet to me. Didn’t mind I was blind, either, and she didn’t even try to ‘help’ me with it – she let me be. You know what she did for me? She made a…um…well, she got Doug, one the other students, to make a…hologram of this year’s Wimbledon. She did all the research and everything. It was amazing.”

“Hologram?” Megan asked.

“Yeah…like a virtual reality sort of deal. I still haven’t figured out how to thank her. The present was so amazing that I really don’t know how to thank her.”

“Well, you’ll think of something, I’m sure. You always do.”

Megan pulled up next to a large Winnebago sitting in the middle of a seemingly empty landscape. As Scott got out and walked around to the front door, he saw other people bundled up against the weather huddled around a large fire in the middle of the semi-circle of tents, wagons, and RVs. Beyond them were the tented excavation pits, carefully delineated by a meshwork of grids.

“Welcome to home sweet home for the next few days.”

[Edited on 1/8/06 by JSherlock]
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Very cool beginning js! It made me laugh A LOT. Expecially this:

[quote] Scott smiled a little. “She slapped me so hard I had an imprint of her hand in bruises.” Scott wriggled in his seat, remembering the bruises Remy had left. [/quote]

Its definately caught my attention! Looking forward to the next bit!

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Heh. I liked that line too! A great start; let's see more! :)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

That was funny, and like I told JS, I LOVE Megan – she tells him how it is.
Okay, got the next bit done yet? :P
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Ooo nice!! Poor Scott, but damn boy!

Are they gonna be Christmasing in RVs? Do we meet his parents?
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

That was so well written! And I really like Megan too - can't wait to read more :)
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Instance: Snakes on a Plane

Post by Saint Kurt »

Chicago O'Hare Airport's Domestic Terminal Waiting Area

[Summers] Scott picked at his fries, largely ignoring the noisy hustle and bustle around him. He resisted looking at his watch again. He glanced at a little girl careening around his table, pretending to be flying. Screw it. He looked at his watch. Damn, he’s nearly two hours late.

[Summers] Where the hell could he be? It’s only New Fucking York. Scott dropped his fry and scanned the crowds.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt dodged various wheeled suitcases and other airport obstacles as he dashed from the international terminal to the domestic terminal. This was such a pain in the ass.

[Fr.Wagner] He tried to avoid airports whenever possible. He just had to keep reminding himself that no matter what, he would be making this trip, he was just doing it a little early that's all. He stood at the entrance to the central domestic terminal waiting area and scanned the crowd.

[Fr.Wagner] Finding Scott should be easy, he just had to find the one person who wasn't staring at him. Ah. And there he was. Feeling like he was becoming lopsided from the weight of his laptop and briefcase Kurt walked over to the table and set them down.

[Fr.Wagner] "Sorry I'm so late Scott," he said, "ready to go?"

[Summers] “Yeah.” Scott stifled a yawn. “What took you so damn long, anyway? New York is not that far.” Scott glared at Fr. Wagner. He looked careworn. Scott slung his backpack over a shoulder and held out a hand to take the briefcase.

Invisigel enters this room

[Fr.Wagner] ((The gel is in here!))

[Summers] ((oh no! Not the gel!))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt absent-mindedly handed Scott his briefcase and then took it back to fish the tickets out of it.

[Summers] "Oh – before I forget, here’s the letter from my Aunt and Uncle.” Scott pulled the slightly crumpled envelope out of his jacket pocket and, he hoped Fr. Wagner didn’t notice that it had been opened and resealed.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt took the envelope in confusion.

[Fr.Wagner] "Wait a minute," he said, "I wasn't in New York. I came from Rome! I was in Rome when your parents called me telling me that it was urgent I return. That you were in grave danger."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt blinked, trying to clear his eyes. He hadn't slept in at least... 36 hours now. "Then I get here and it's just you and an envelope? What's going on?"

[Summers] Scott swallowed. “Rome? They called you in Rome? I didn’t know that.” Scott scuffed his boot on the floor a little bit. “I was a few weeks ago, I guess.” He looked down at the floor, and dug his hands into his pockets.

[Fr.Wagner] "Yes, I was in Rome. It's where I live when I'm not at the school, which is supposed to be... most of the time. I do have actual work that I do as a priest you know."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked at the envelope. "What's this about anyway?" he asked since it was obvious Scott had opened it and tried to reseal it. Without waiting for an answer he slid his finger under the flap and shook the paper open. Kurt read it over in silence.

[Fr.Wagner] He gave Scott a long inscrutible stare and then with a sigh stuffed the paper and envelope back into his case. He then opened the tickets and looked at them.

[Fr.Wagner] "Our gate is this way. Get your things and let's go." he said.
[Summers] Scott followed in silence for a while. “I fucked up, and I need help. And since you’re the only one who gives a damn about me at school, I told them about you. So I guess they called.

[Summers] Aunt Ruthie wrote the letter, mom and dad wanted me to stay. But…” Scott sidestepped a rolling suitcase. “but I’m going back to help myself. But I can’t do it alone. I need your guidance."

[Fr.Wagner] "I came back early for your Scott. This is why? I don't believe this." Kurt said.

[Fr.Wagner] "I haven't slept in 36 hours because of 'Aunt Ruthie'." Kurt was so busy with his tirade that he nearly knocked over a little girl pulling a pink Disney suitcase.

[Summers] Scott narrowed his eyes. "Well, fuck you too." He snapped, stepping over the pink suitcase. “You could’ve called back and asked what the hell was so important! I mean, me swallowing all of my meds –“ Scott stopped short. Aw, hell with it.

[Summers] “And the vicodin and sleeping pills would get anyone, especially my Aunt, into a frenzy.” He beat the urge to kick Fr. Wagner. This was SO not the conversation to be having in the middle of a crowd of strangers!

[Summers] “Obviously I’m alive, so you didn’t need to rush to meet me here.” Scott snorted in anger. “But, like I said. I can’t do this alone. So…thank you.”
[Fr.Wagner] For a moment, Kurt stopped in his tracks and looked around. As if they weren't conspicuous enough.

[Fr.Wagner] "Scott!" he admonished. But then he really didn't have anything else to say since Scott was mostly right. He was being an asshole.

[Fr.Wagner] The expression on Kurt's face softened as he started walking again. "I knew you were having some problems Scott, but I wasn't aware they were this severe," he said. "It seems that many of the students have been hiding as much from us as we did from them."

[Summers] “Well, we’ve learned from the best, I guess.” Scott blinked. “Er, sorry. And anyway, I’ve been having problems now for three years.” He shrugged, bouncing his pack.

[Summers] “That wasn’t my first attempt. I suck at the ‘pulling it off before someone realizes that I’m not there’ part. But, I must say, that was the closest to death I’ve come.” He shuddered. “So, how’s Rome?”

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt gave Scott an odd look. "Rome is wonderful as always. It was nice to get away, sleep in my own room... But, I had to come back at some point. Now is as good as any."

[Fr.Wagner] "As for your suicide attempt, Scott. I'm glad it was unsuccessful and that you decided to return to school."

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm..." Kurt placed his hand on his chest, "honored that you asked me to help and I will do my best."

[Summers] Scott smiled at Fr. Wagner. “Yeah, well, don’t take up a crusade or anything,” Scott said, wanting to not talk about his oh-so-fun vacation, and a bit discomfited at the sudden change in Fr. Wagner’s attitude. “Well, this is the gate.” He stopped and yawned again.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked down at their tickets. "It is."

[Fr.Wagner] People were already lining up to board. "Aisle or window?"

[Summers] Scott debated. Window was good. He wouldn’t have to move every time someone wanted to get up, he could have control over the window shade, and he’d have something to lean against.

[Summers] On the other hand, if he needed to get up, that was a bother to everyone else. And with the two large Cokes he’d drunk, he was sure he’d need to get up at some point on the flight.

[Summers] “Aisle.”

[Fr.Wagner] "Aisle it is." Kurt handed Scott his ticket.

[Summers] "Thank you. Unless you'd prefer the aisle." Scott reached for the ticket but didn't take it.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shook his head, still holding the ticket out for Scott to take.

[Fr.Wagner] "It doesn't matter to me." he said.

[Summers] "Ok then." Scott took the ticket.

Business Class - Chicago to JFK

Fr.Wagner enters this room
Summers enters this room
Invisigel enters this room

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt scrolled through the article on his laptop. He was sorry he wasn't going to Cairo because this case did look interesting. A mutant who appeared to have healing powers was exactly what the church had been searching for.

[Fr.Wagner] He glanced at Scott who was asleep beside him. He certainly hadn't found anything like that at Xavier's.

[Fr.Wagner] He picked up one of the papers resting on Scott's chest and read it over, adjusting his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

[Fr.Wagner] He sighed, put it back, and went back to his laptop.

[Summers] Scott cracked open an eye, wondering where he was for a minute. Oh yeah…He turned to look at Fr. Wagner. He was hunched over a laptop, square glasses sliding down his nose, typing furiously. He looked down at himself. “Help! I’m drowning in paper!”

[Fr.Wagner] "Hmmm?" Kurt looked over. It was hard to tell with the glasses, but it seemed like Scott was awake. Lucky bastard. Kurt would have done anything for a nap.

[Fr.Wagner] "Sorry." He gathered the papers from Scott and put them on Scott's tray table.

[Summers] "No worries." Scott got up. "I'll be right back."

[Summers] He made for the toilets as quickly as he could.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt started to rise. "Ummm. Scott, maybe you shouldn't go..."

[Fr.Wagner] "by yourself," he finished. Sitting back down in his seat. Great. He was a really great chaparone.

[Fr.Wagner] Of course, what should he have done. A priest trying to enter an airplane lavatory with an 18 year boy would probably have them grounding the plane...

[Fr.Wagner] Come to think of it, why was he even being entrusted with the lives of teenagers anyway? Like he was such a fantastic example of how to live one's life. He was going to have to talk to Xavier when he got to New York.

[Summers] Scott came back and collapsed into his chair. “I am never drinking two giant-sized cokes again.” He looked at Fr. Wagner. “So, what were you saying before I ran off?”

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked at Scott. He seemed all right. Then again...

[Fr.Wagner] "Do you... smell cigarettes?" he asked.

[Fr.Wagner] Maybe Scott went into the bathroom to smoke? But no, he would have set off all those alarms and they would have probably grounded the plane for that as well. Still he could definitely smell cigarettes. He looked around.

[Summers] "Um.. a little bit." Scott hedged. "My Uncle smokes. It could have um, gotten into my clothes."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt nodded. "I hate that. When I was with the circus, and when I was acting too, the people who smoked... Their trailers smelled, their clothes, their costumes, everything." Kurt wrinkled his nose.

[Fr.Wagner] "People say it smells when I teleport, but I don't do it for minutes at a time." Kurt started gathering up his papers.

[Fr.Wagner] "So, what else happened over your vacation?"

[Summers] “Oh, um…Well, I only had five days not in the hospital, so…not much. Oh! I got this really cool book from the excavation team in Montana! They know I like dinosaurs…” Scott pulled out his backpack and rummaged through it excitedly.

[Summers] He pulled out a CD player and a case of CDs, two bottles of water, and some gum. “It’s a really neat idea, it’s by an artist, James Gurney. It’s called Dinotopia…it’s a big book. Where could it be?”

[Summers] He unzipped another pocket, and took out a pack of cigarettes and a cheap lighter. He stopped dead and shoved them back in and pulled out the book.

[Summers] “Basically it’s humans and Dinosaurs living together…” He trailed off as he realized Fr, Wagner was not happy with him.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shook his head. "Scott, if you're not going to be honest with me, I can't help you with anything. I'm guessing your uncle isn't keeping his cigarettes in your backpack."

[Summers] “Ok, honesty it is. He put the book back in his back pack. “I have minor liver damage, and I figure what’s a little lung cancer to boot.” He avoided Fr. Wagner’s gaze.

[Summers] “I’ve always smoked off and on. Kinda a peer pressure deal, and I was quitting before I went home, but I guess I need to wean myself off a bit more slowly.

[Summers] He fiddled with the strap of the seatbelt. “And I didn’t finish the vicodin, I stored it.”

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt stared at Scott in disbelief.

[Fr.Wagner] "Oh. I see..." he said at last. "That makes so much sense. I think I'll do the same thing. Because you know, even though I'm a priest and everything, I sin once and a while. Okay, often, but it's small stuff like swearing and not being charitable.

[Fr.Wagner] ((damn))
[Fr.Wagner] "However, while I'm at it, you know, since I've sinned already, perhaps I should murder people and start preaching occult idol worship on Sundays?"

[Summers] ((lol))

[Fr.Wagner] "How does that sound to you? Because I used to do a lot of stupid things when I was younger and I'm finding it difficult to stop. I think I'd like to kind of... ease into it by only doing them socially now."

[Invisigel] ((*dying))

[Summers] ((me too))

[Summers] “Don’t patronise me you sarcastic bastard!” Scot hissed. “You just said ‘be honest’ and I tell you the truth and you throw it back in my face. I’m sorry I asked for you specifically to help me. Hell, I wish I had died!”

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm telling you the truth too." Kurt said. "I'm not going to help you by feeling sorry for you if that's what you want. If you want sympathy and lies, go to Charles or something. Maybe you'll get it there, but not from me.

[Fr.Wagner] "I sacrificed too much to watch you make the exact same mistakes I did, especially when you asked me for my help."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes.

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm sure I could be a lot more polite, but it's," he looked at his watch, "four o'clock tomorrow morning or something for me and I haven't slept in two days. So, I'm sorry about that, but you'll just have to bear with me."

[Fr.Wagner] ((I just thought of something. Can we call this instance "Snakes on a Plane"?))
[Summers] ((YES))

[Invisigel] ((LMAO))
[Summers] Scott sat back, silent. What to say now? I can’t say ‘I’m sorry’. That’s worked SO well in the past…I want to go back home. This is fucking nuts.

[Summers] I’m swearing a blue streak at a priest, and I get to see Remy and TJ again - my two least favorite people on this earth, and I don’t have Rich to talk to. I’m going to go nuts. I can’t do this.

[Summers] “Ok. I don’t want sympathy. Just don’t take that tone of voice again – I did not appreciate it. It’s no laughing matter.”

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt had to laugh. Usually he was the one who was the mediator, smoothing over people's rough edges.

[Fr.Wagner] He nodded. "Agreed," he said and then after a moment added, "I'm sorry, if I could sleep on a plane I'd probably be okay. But I can't. It makes these long flights a bit rough."

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm not exactly sure what will be going on when we get back. I know a few of the students stayed over the break, but that's about all I know."
[Summers] "That sucks. Angel and Lizzie are staying at the mansion." Scott said. "Would you like to listen to some music? I brought some classical. It's my cousin's school orchestra and she's a celloist. It's not too bad."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt certainly knew Lizzie was there, but he said nothing. He had no idea what he was going to come back to as far as that was concerned. The less said the better there.

[Fr.Wagner] "I know Angel and you were close. Are you looking forward to seeing her? I always enjoyed having her in my classes."

[Invisigel] (( ))

[Summers] ((oh be quiet, you! lol))

[Invisigel] ((Had to get in a little Nakedremy distraction))

[Summers] “Yes and no. She’s caught in the middle of Remy and TJ and myself. And…I like her yes, but until I uh, stabilize, I don’t want to ruin our friendship. It’s complicated.” He kicked at his backpack. “But on the whole, yes, it’ll be nice to see her.”
[Fr.Wagner] "There's nothing wrong with being friends," Kurt said.

[Fr.Wagner] "And there's nothing wrong with being TJ and Remy's friend either, even if they can't be yours."

[Summers] “I know. I just don’t want her having to choose, so I’ve made it clear to her that I don’t want her to choose. Maybe in time, they will be my friends too.” He smiled bitterly. “But I think not.” He decided to forgo the mention of his first thought, ‘friends don’t kiss like that.’
[Fr.Wagner] "Well, don't decide on anything too early. Give everything a chance okay? People can surprise you." Kurt said.

[Summers] Scott nodded. "Yeah, they can. So, still want to listen to my cousin?"
[Fr.Wagner] Kurt smiled. "Sure."

[Fr.Wagner] ((and they lived happily ever after.))

[Summers] ((yay!))

[Edited on 4/8/06 by Saint Kurt]
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Home Sweet Home?

Post by JSherlock »

Even though the bonfire blazed merrily, heating a small radius in which everyone was huddled, it was still “cold as fuck” as Maria had said at least 15 times that evening. She was wearing two winter jackets and standing a little too close to the flames for everyone’s comfort. They were all squished together at the edges of the bonfire, roasting marshmallows and singing Christmas carols. Spiked eggnog floated freely around in battered thermoses. Their breath rose in great clouds in the crisp, dark air.

“Are you sure you don’t want some?” Chris asked, slinging an arm over Scott’s shoulders and waving a half-empty thermos under his nose. Scott wrinkled his nose, there was more rum than ’nog.

“Definitely.” Scott said, placing his slightly browned and mushy marshmallow in between the chocolate slab and cinnamon graham crackers. He set the whole thing on a flat rock near the fire, to let the chocolate melt a little bit more.

“HO HO HO!” In a loud Hawaiian shirt and scraggly false beard, Rod emerged, shivering, from a tent, loaded down with a tarp bunched together and thrown over his shoulder.
There was general laughter, and someone handed him his jacket, which he shrugged into quickly. He set the tarp-bag down and zipped the jacket up.

“Thank you, thank you, ladies and gentlemen! Now – for everyone here…” he pulled out an old boom box and put in a tape of Christmas carols. “It’s running on the generator so it’s on only for gift-giving time.”

Scott bent down and got his s’more. It was perfectly moist and mushy, not to mention perfectly heated, and the outside of the marshmallow was just the right amount of crunchy, while the inside oozed out the side when he bit into it. He watched Rod hand out presents. His own to the group was in there – some modified doll’s house sized gardening tools for the model of the excavation that was set up in the main tent. They had a way of “disappearing” so Chris was always bugging him to be on the lookout for anything that looked like excavator’s tools.

Scott grinned at the memory of the woman whose jaw dropped when he’d gone into the little doll’s shop. He was sure she called the mall security after he’d left.

“And now, for our one and only dinosaur fanatic, we have this wonderful book!” Rod announced, looking into the makeshift sack. Scott rolled his eyes. Ever since he’d come here as a kid, and professed considerable knowledge of dinosaurs, he’d been given the sobriquet “dinosaur boy”. Sighing, Scott stood up, and watched as Rod pulled out a neatly wrapped present and Scott, licking the chocolate off his fingers, went over to get it. He unwrapped it, and stared at the cover.

“Wow – how cool!” He flipped through the pages – amazing art… “Thank you!”

“Our pleasure Scott!” Roddy said, slapping him on the back, and taking a swig of the eggnog that Chris handed him.

“Eh, c’mere, Slim, Megs and I want to tell you something.” Chris guided his brother over to the large RV and Scott found that Megan had gone in ahead and had hot chocolate waiting.

“You’re pregnant,” Scott said, as he leant against a cabinet. Chris sidled over to Megan who was on the other side of the tiny kitchen island.

“No! Nothing like that, Scott.” Megan patted her flat stomach. “No, no. Something less drastic.”

“Ok…” Scott took a mug of chocolate and sipped at it. “Well, you aren’t getting a divorce, so spit it out.”

Chris cleared his throat, and darted a glance at Megan who glared back.

“We’re, that is - Megan and I - aren’t going home for Christmas this year, Scott.” Chris ran a hand through his hair, wincing a bit.

“What? Why the hell not?!” Scott slammed the mug down on the little counter, slopping hot cocoa and whipped cream over the side.

“Because, Scott, sweetie, the dig will be closed if we don’t get another grant from Mr. Michaels. We’ll be out of a job.” She made soothing motions with her hands.

“But – it’s Christmas! You can’t not come! I need you guys. I was going to tell everyone that I’m not blind.” Scott pulled away from Megan who’d rushed around the corner to hug him. He stood combatively, breathing hard, squeezing his hands into fists and releasing them.

“We’ll be there for New Years’ and the rest, Chris and I thought we could have a small Christmas here…” she gestured to a small fake fir tree in the corner covered in baubles and hand made decorations with a pile of presents underneath.

“That’s not good enough!” Scott yelled, stomping to the door. “This has got to be the worst Christmas ever. Have fun shmoozing Michaels. I’m going to bunk with Geoff in his RV.” He grabbed his bag and slammed the door behind him.

Megan burst into tears. “You stupid little shit!” She screamed after him. Chris came up behind her and hugged her tightly. She turned and clung to Chris. “I hate him sometimes, Chris. I really do. If we ever have kids and one of them turns out like him, I’ll kill it.”

“Sweetie, don’t worry about it. You said he hasn’t had any of his medication for a while, and while not all of it is that, it must be affecting his mood. I will set him straight tomorrow, but how about I take your mind off pesky little brothers…?”

Chris rubbed her back in soothing circles.

“Well…” she sniffled a little bit. “He isn’t going to be in here, so I guess we can have lots of sex. All night.” She grinned up at him.

Chris swallowed. “I don’t think I have that much stamina, babes.”

“Oh, really? I bet I can change your mind.”

[Edited on 7/8/06 by JSherlock]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Instance: (NAME)

Rec Room
Angel_II enters this room
Summers enters this room

[Angel_II] Angel curled up on the sofa flipping though a magazine. Bored. Bored. Bored.

[Angel_II] She twirled a lock of hair around her finger and stared at the tips thoughtlessly.

[Summers] Scott wandered down the hallway in search of the cat. He’d been back for almost two hours now, and hadn’t seen a soul, not even Fr. Wagner who’d left him at his door. It was very creepy.

[Angel_II] Wow, her hair was the same color as that model! She squinted at the picture and snickered to herself. Cool.

[Summers] He found himself at the door to the rec room. It was as if everyone gravitated to it magically. Maybe it’s the center of the house. He banished the odd thought. It wasn’t. With a shrug he opened the door and went in.

[Summers] And there was Angel. His heart beat faster even as his stomach dropped. “Hi, Angel! Finally, another living soul!”

[Angel_II] Shifting into a more comfortable position, she flipped more pages then stopped and frowned. What was that noise? Was Lizzie actually up and around? She twisted to look at the door.

[Angel_II] Scott! She scrambled up from her awkward position, totally forgetting that she was semi-annoyed he's never returned the message she'd left him. "Scott! Hey, you're back early!" She hugged him quickly and then bounced back, looking him up and down. His hair was longer....and he looked... kinda pale?

[Summers] “Hey, Angel!” He smiled. “Yep, back early. Uh, unforeseen problems contrived to get me back a week early.” He collapsed onto the couch, moving the magazine to the coffee table. “How was your Christmas? I haven’t checked MySpace or anything for the whole holiday, really.”

[Summers] He noticed with a pang, that she wasn't wearing the earrings. Stop being silly - she's probably worn them already and it's not like she knew you were coming back early.

[Angel_II] She joined him on the couch, sliding him a sideways glance as he moved the magazine. The hair was…pretty hot, but he looked thinner too. Great. “Oh, mine was good! Got almost a whole new wardrobe, man!"

[Angel_II] "My dad feels guilty I think for not bein’ around much before." She grinned, still happy with her dad's new interest in her. "How about you? You didn't sound so thrilled when I talked to ya."

[Summers] Fuck. Stall. "Oh - well. It was um...hectic. Lotsa family. You know, all the drama a large family has with multiple young kids running around. I'm glad your dad's nice. How was Alex?"

[Summers] Scott shofted on the couch slightly. Take the bait, talk some more. Please. I'm not ready yet.

[Summers] "You look lovely in the cream sweater and jeans.”

[Summers] "Or is it ivory?"

[Angel_II] “Heh, never really had a big family like that….apparently I got one, in Italy, but not here.” She watched him shift around a bit. Hmmm….another semester of What’s Up Wit’ Scott. Fuck.

[Angel_II] “Alex is good, he’s cool.” She giggled a bit remembering Christmas day. “He should NEVER cook though. He killed the turkey. We had sushi instead for Christmas.”

[Angel_II] She looked down at her sweater. “Um, thanks…..the magazine says this is oatmeal.” She shrugged.

[Summers] ."Sushi, huh? That's cool. We ‘menfolk’ back at home aren’t allowed in the kitchen unless we’re bringing supplies. Except my older cousin Randy. He can cook better than my mom.”

[Summers] “So, besides going out for sushi and getting a new wardrobe, what else have you done? How was rooming with Lizzie and having a Dupe around?”

[Angel_II] She had to giggle again at ‘menfolk.’ Did everybody from Nebraska talk like this? Her smile fell at the mention of Lizzie. Should she tell him? She’d never been told it was a secret really…

[Angel_II] “Well, things were mostly quiet…. I watched a lot of TV with Jamie, and read some of those books you told me about.” She chewed her lip. “Lizzie kinda had an accident, so I ain’t seen much of her.”

[Summers] “Is she ok?” Angel was upset about something. She was gnawing on her lip, and twisting a lock of her hair. “Are you ok?” He turned to her, hoping she was. As Rich had pointed out, he wasn’t exactly very emotionally stable.

[Angel_II] “Oh, no, no, she’s okay, now….well, better at least. I think. And I’m fine.” She took a deep breath and calmed herself. “She, uh, took too many of her headache pills…”

[Summers] Scott swallowed, and felt his heart stop. Oh my god. His vision swam, and for a moment he thought he was going to be sick. “R-really?” He shivered, suddenly cold. He rubbed his palms on his thighs. “That’s terrible.”

[Summers] You gotta tell her, Summers, there’s nothing for it now. Just….just blurt it out and get it over and done with! “Um…I need to tell you something.”

[Angel_II] Angel watched him go paler and felt her stomach drop. Oh, God, what now? “It was an accident, she just lost track….” She trailed off. “Tell me something? Tell me what?”

[Summers] He sat forward, then leant back, the forward again. Spit it out. Just like Rich said, slowly, gently. Just the facts, and one thing at a time, and try to keep it simple. “Ok – here it is. All of it. Just, please don’t say anything until I’m done.”

[Angel_II] Her eyebrows climbed. "Ooookay." She'd heard that before from him... 'please don't say anything until I'm done'....before he jumped Remy.

[Summers] He took a breath. “When my powers manifested, I got really, really, really depressed. I’ve been seeing a therapist now for almost three years. I was put on medication a year ago. When I came here, I was feeling happy, relaxed, and I guess, normal. So I stopped taking my pills."

[Summers] He realized hsi hands were shaking, and stuffed them in between the couch cusions. He didn't look at her. “It was a big mistake, and things spiraled out of control. You, TJ and Remy have felt the brunt of it. This Christmas I was feeling so bad, that…”

[Angel_II] “Oh,” she said softly. OH! Holy shit! Well, that explained a lot…. God. She watched him tremble, feeling her heart break for him.

[Summers] He swallowed and closed his eyes. “I took all my pills. With sleeping pills. And Vodka. Vicodin too. I’ve been in the hospital for the whole break and Rich only let me come back a week early so I could settle in and get relaxed before everyone showed up.” He said almost whispering.

[Summers] He willed himself not to rock and continued, “I’m back on the meds, and I have to go see a psychiatrist and a therapist and call Rich everyday. And my parents. And some days I wish I’d succeeded. Some days I’m glad I’m alive."

[Angel_II] Angel’s eyes nearly popped from her head. Oh my fucking God! She blinked. What the fuck did you say to something like that? He…he had tried to kill himself. Jesusmotherfuckingchrist!

[Angel_II] She didn’t know what to say….but she carefully laid her hand on his shoulder. “I’m glad you’re alive,” she whispered.

[Summers] “Rich says if I take my meds properly, I’ll stabilize within a few months.” He didn’t dare tell her he’d planned to kill himself for weeks before. He looked up at her finally.

[Summers] He blinked. She looked as terrible as he felt. He took her hand in both of his, thinking that they were both shaking he wondered if the whole mansion wasn’t.

[Summers] “It’s not your fault, or anyone’s but my own. I don’t want your sympathy, or ‘you poor baby’ or ‘why didn’t I see it and help?’ Nobody could have. I set myself on this track, and I kept going.”

[Summers] He took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, feeling lighter. He gave her a wan smile. “That help with the mystery of ‘Psycho Scott’?”

[Angel_II] Angel still didn’t know what to say, and quickly shoved away the memory of Lizzie’s blank eyes as she’d gotten sicker and sicker from her overdose. She instead looked down at her hand in his. Thank God he hadn’t managed to succeed…

[Angel_II] She puffed a half-choked laugh at his last words. “I haven’t thought you were psycho for a while…. but I-I’m glad you told me….”

[Angel_II] Wait. She blinked. "Who's Rich?"

[Summers] "My main therapist and psychologist. Friend of the family, but he took me on as well as his regular workload. He’s been with me since day one.” Scott smiled a little wider. “He calls it as he sees it.”

nakedremy enters this room

[Angel_II] Angel made an “O” with her mouth, still in shock. “Um, that’s good that you have somebody like that…”

[Angel_II] She found herself in a situation completely foreign to her -- she was speechless.

[Summers] Scott watched her closely. Shit. "I’m sorry I unloaded all of that on you. But it just came out.” Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. He was glad he was holding her hand, otherwise he would have have bolted and kept on running until he collapsed with exhaustion.

[Summers] He gently patted her hand, alternately stroking it, trying to warm her hands as much as his own.

[Angel_II] She shook herself mentally. Say something, stupid! She looked down at his hands and set her other atop them, stilling him. She tried to catch his eyes as best she could behind those damn glasses. “No, I’m glad you told me.”

[Angel_II] “And, I want ya to know you can talk to me too… about anything.” Despite his assertion it was not her fault, she felt guilty, and she’d be damned if she didn’t let him know she was there for him.

[Summers] "Thank you, Angel. That means a lot to me. I return the favor whole heartedly." He gave her a real smile, feeling better than he had in a while.

[Angel_II] She nodded and returned the smile, working her bluff back up. “Good, and thanks. Soooo, I will say there ain’t much to do around here with everybody gone. It’ll be a dull week.”

[Angel_II] "A little better though now that you're back." She managed a brighter grin at that. "But, still, other than TV with the dupe...." She shrugged.

[Summers] Scott pulled his hands away gently. "I brought all my t-tennis gear back with me. You should have seen the look on Fr. Wagner's face when he saw all my luggage! Maybe you’d like to play sometime?”

[Summers] He looked at her hopefully.

[Angel_II] She caught his slight stutter and winced internally but kept smiling. “Yeah, that’d be cool, um, I got no clue how to play, y’know…”

[Angel_II] "Wait... Father Wagner? He's back too?"

[Summers] "Yeeaah. He kinda brought me here." He shrugged sheepishly. "did you know he came all the way from Rome?"

[Summers] "No worries about tennis. I can teach you."

[Angel_II] "Cool, that'd be nice...." He was going to teach her tennis....wow. How surreal was this getting? "Rome?! No! That dude's full of surprises."

[Summers] Scott fidgeted with the edge of his sweater before saying, "I think I'm going to find and the cat and take a nap." He looked at her. "I feel terrible for dumping my shit on you, then bolting, but I'm so tired. I'll see you later?" He stood up.

[Angel_II] She bolted up too. "Um, okay, sounds like a good idea...No, no worries. Like I said, I want you to tell me." She smiled again, looking him up and down. No wonder he looked like shit....

[Angel_II] God.... she swallowed back the knot in her thoat. "See you later then." Unable to stop herself, she hugged him, holding on for just a second before pulling back. She couldn't lose it in front of him. "I'm gonna go check on Lizzie."

[Summers] "Ok, tell her I hope she feels better soon."

[Angel_II] "I will," she said, bending down to gather up her magazines. Don't cry. Don't cry....

[Summers] "Ok then. I'll see you later." He squeezed her shoulder gently and left the room, running down the hall and up the stairs. You are unbelieveable, Summers: just leave her after dropping that bomb. Shut up, you. I don't need to hear that crap again.

[Angel_II] Angel straightened up to watch him go. She could hear him running....and somehow, that was the last straw. She clutched the magazines to her chest and choked on a sob.

[Angel_II] She wasn’t sure how she’d kept so calm with Scott there, but the initial shock was wearing off fast. She started to hyperventilate as tears trickled down.

[Angel_II] She walked to the door and made sure he was out of sight. It was too much, just way too much! She’d just barely gotten her own shit halfway figured out – then Lizzie, and now Scott!

[Angel_II] Lizzie. Fuck. I can’t go back to the room; Lizzie shouldn’t see me like this either. She veered off, choking back her tears as she changed her destination to the theater.

Summers exits from this room
nakedremy exits from this room

Edited to note the end scene in the theater is posted in Angel’s thread, as Scott was not present.

[Edited on 7-8-2006 by Slarti]
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

[quote]
[Angel_II] “Alex is good, he’s cool.” She giggled a bit remembering Christmas day. “He should NEVER cook though. He killed the turkey. We had sushi instead for Christmas.”[/quote]

Heh, looks like Angel had a Christmas Story christmas....fa ra ra

Good job guys!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Instance: A very special Wagner Christmas

Post by Saint Kurt »

RecRoom

[Shiro] Shiro walked in to the Recroom shaking from the cold air

Angel_II enters this room

[Shiro] "chikushou sorenari hiyaritoshita" he cursed looking out of the window

[Shiro] (damn it is cold out there)

[Elizabeth] Lizzie was in the corner, out of her room for once as she was getting sick of the sight of it. She just hoped that there wouldn't be too many people around...She was not in much of a 'people' mood.

Summers enters this room

[Shiro] he sitted on to the couch and started to play his playstation portable ((:/))

[Summers] Scott walked in, looking for people to tell his plan to. Ah - there was Lizzie in the corner. She didn't look very approachable...but.

[Summers] "Hi, Lizzie." He said with a smile.

[Angel_II] Angel sat in the chair, flipping though a magazine idly. Bored again. She fiddled with her dragonfly earrings. She was still nervous wearing something that nice just around the school.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie blinked. Scott was....talking? Lizzie looked up at him, mumbled a hello and looked away.

[Shiro] Suddenly Shiro threw his psp to the floor allmost yelling "fuck you", then he took it and put it in to his pocket

[Shiro] not the best moment to play

[Elizabeth] She wished she had her cloak with her as it was slightly cold in her little corner, but she didn't want to damage it by dragging it all over the school like a security blanket.

[Summers] "And Angel." He added belatedly seeing her.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie jumped slightly at Shrio's outburst and drew her knees to her chest.

[Summers] He glanced at Shirop and inwardly sighed at the wall of silence that was Lizzie.

[TheFallen] "Hey, Scott..." Warren said uneasily as he walked over and nudged Lizzie.

[Angel_II] "Hey, you," she grinned at him.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen bent down out of Scott's hearing. "Be nice," he ordered, smirking then walking away.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie jumped a little at the nudge and smiled slightly up at Warren.

[Elizabeth] "Or else what?"

Japheth enters this room

[Summers] "I have an idea." He walked over to Angel. "Fr. Wagner needs a little Christmas party. He doesn't have any family to celebrate it with, and I thought it would be nice if we threw him a Christmas party."

[Japheth] "Geez Scott, you already using my bed as a storage area?"

[Summers] ((redundancy thou name is me))

[Summers] Scott turned at Japh

[Summers] 's voice. Hey! I didn't , uh, think you were coming back early, I"ll move it asap."

[Angel_II] She sat up, setting down the magazine. "Hey, good idea. He's cool."

[Japheth] "What's this about a Christmas party?"

[Summers] "For Fr. Wagner. He doesn't have a family to spend it with, so he didn't celebrate it. So, I';m going to throw him a little party." He told japh.

[Angel_II] “Hey, Japh! Welcome back, man.” She smiled at him.

[Japheth] Japh smiled back at Angel, "Hey, wondered when you'd notice me."

[Summers] "We just need a few more decorations and maybe a fire in the fire place, then we can get some food out. I have a present for him." He patted the sweater pocket that held the tennis ball.

[Summers] “What do you guys think?”

[Elizabeth] A party? For the man who she had thrown ito a bookcase, whose office she had broken into twice - onnce to end up throwing him into said bookcase and the other time to make a long distance phone call?

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded silently in the corner. It sounded like a really good idea to him.

[TheFallen] A grin dawned. And he had just the idea for a present... how to get it, though, before the party started?

[Elizabeth] And who she had harrassed as soon as he had returned to school.....As glad as she was to see him, Lizzie was not buying it too well and looked nervously at Warren, hoping he'd suss things by the look on her face.

[Japheth] "I think it's an nice idea."

[TheFallen] Summers> "Do I have time to drive out real quick and get something?"
[Summers] "Ok - I'll go get some leftovers from the kitchen, can someone get the fire going?"

[Summers] "Uh, ok..." Crap what was his name? "Warren."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen grinned evilly at the word fire. "Why, I think I could start a fire at that. Where would you prefer?"

[Japheth] Japh turned to look at Warren after Scott's question.

[Elizabeth] "Try the fireplace..."

[Elizabeth] "Not the tree. You can't burn the tree."

[Summers] Scott nodded, remembering Halloween. "Ok, I'll be right back." He left.

[Summers] ((Who's going to go get Fr. Wagner?))

[TheFallen] "Of course I can," he smirked at her, then walked over to the fireplace, breathed in deeply, then lit it with a huff.

[TheFallen] "And now I'll be right back," he tipped an imaginary hat and walked out to start his car.

[Elizabeth] "No, it's against the rules. Probably."

[Angel_II] ((I dunno....I'm...getting decorations maybe. Got an issue. BRB))

[Summers] ((k))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie got up. God...present? She didn't know. "Umm...I'll...I don't know," Lizzie shrugged. She had no way of going to get a present as Warren had gone already. She couldn't cook, do decorations....

[Summers] Scott returned a few minutes later, loaded down with tupperware full of a feast that Professor Xavier must have had the part-time cook make.

[Angel_II] “I think I saw some more decorations in the closet, yo. I’ll be right back.” She hopped up and left to hunt them down.

[Elizabeth] "One question....how are we going to get Wagner in here?" Lizzie asked with a shrug.

[Summers] He smiled to himself as he set up the food on the coffee table. "Plates and silverware." Scott paused in leaving. "Isn't he in this office?"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen walked back into the room and sat down on the couch, grinning widely.

[Elizabeth] "Why would he be? Hasn't he had an international flight recently? He'll probably be in his own room, jet lagged."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie noticed Warren come back in, looking very smug.

[Summers] "Well, then, why don;t you go get him, and I'll finish the details?"

[Elizabeth] "Oh, okay..." Lizzie shrugged and stuffed her hands in her pockets and wandered out of the room.

[Summers] Scott left to get the china and flatware.

[Angel_II] Angel came back in with a small box of tasteless decorations and starting setting them up.

[Angel_II] ((I'm sorta back. Kinda))

[Summers] Scott returned and set the dishes and silverware in a pile next to the food.

[Japheth] Japh looked at Scott with the dishes. "so... uhmmm" Japh started to feel like a fifth wheel. "Anything for me to do? I feel a little useless at the moment."

[Summers] "Oh, awesome, Angel." Scott said as he pulled out some garish wrapping paper and a bit of loose string.

[Summers] "Well, um...I forgot napkins, if you want to go get those."

[TheFallen] "Come to think of it, I should probably gift wrap that present. Don't want to give it to him in a Home Depot bag." Warren smirked and headed back upstairs.

[Japheth] Japh left for the napkins.

[Summers] Scott looked at his wrapped ball. It looked messy. Oh well. It's the thought that counts. Round objects are harder to wrap that rectangular ones.

[Japheth] Japh came back with thee kinds of napkins, "Okay, we have the ordinary cheap white ones, the frilly froo froo red ones and the stylish green ones. Which one then, and choose carefully, your life may depend on it."

[Angel_II] Angel finished setting up the little knickknacks and looked around. Well, she had jack to give him, but, she helped at least.

[Summers] "Put them all down. You never know."

[Summers] "I got some left over eggnog, some soda and juice."

[Japheth] "Okay, but I have this strange feeling the green ones would be the best. I don't know why." Japh placed them on the table.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen headed back down the stairs. "So how's it going?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie walked into the room, talking in a very loud voice over her shoulder.

[Elizabeth] "Honest sir I saw a huge RAT! With FANGS! This place should be condemmed!"

[TheFallen] "Aw, shi—" Warren dove into the room and hid behind the couch.

[Elizabeth] "And if it isn't gotten rid of right now I shall not be held responsible for my actions."

[Summers] ((rats?! lol))

[Fr.Wagner] "Lizzie, are you sure it wasn't the cat?"

[Elizabeth] "Unless it's eaten the fur of it's tail, NO!" Lizzie squeaked, stamping her foot.

[Angel_II] Angel snickered at Lizzie's loud pronouncement, stepping out of immediate view of the door.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen snickered silently behind the couch. Lizzie put on a good performance.

[Fr.Wagner] "What I mean to say is... I really don't think there are rats with fangs here, but I have the net and the traps like you asked."

[Elizabeth] "It's disgusting! I shouldn't have to stand for it!" Lizzie took on a dramatic stance and folded her arms, sniffing the air.

[Elizabeth] "Rats have sharp teeth, don't they?" Lizzie looked at him very innocently. Oooh, she was evil to make him lug that big net down into the rec room....

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner stepped into the room.

[Fr.Wagner] ((He's not dressed in clerics. Just jeans and a t-shirt.))

[Summers] "Merry Christmas Fr. Wagner!" Scott said.

[Summers] ((hehe. guttermind for that too...))

[Angel_II] "Merry Christmas," Angel chimed in. "Little late..."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen stood up from behind the couch and nodded to Wagner. At least Scott hadn't insisted they all childishly yell "Surprise!" or something like that.

[Japheth] "Merry Christmas" Japh joined in.

[Elizabeth] "What they said," Lizzie said all innocence as she looked up at Wagner.

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner jumped back in surprise, nearly netting Lizzie. For a moment he was speechless. Then he said the first thing that came to his mind. "Oh, I feel ridiculous."

[Elizabeth] ((Lizzie is wearing what I wore to work today as I said so http://www.tshirtsville.com/acatalog/ba ... shirt.html))

[Fr.Wagner] "How... When... did you do this?"

[TheFallen] ((LOL))

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie squealed and tripped as the net came crashing towards her head and landed on the rug.

[Japheth] Japh reached out to help Lizzie up.

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm sorry," Kurt said quickly and leaned it against the wall.

[Elizabeth] "You feel ridiculous?" Lizzie blinked, allowing Japh to help her up.

[TheFallen] ((so we have drinks but no food?))
[Elizabeth] ((liquid lunch))

[Fr.Wagner] ((It's a typical party at Xaviers))

[Summers] "Just now, I guess. We have food too." Scott gestured to the laden coffee table. "Sit down and enjoy?"

[TheFallen] ((rofl, except nothing's alcoholic))

[Japheth] "I'm surprised that was the least you did for her terrible acting."

[Fr.Wagner] He walked into the room in astonishment.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie scowled at Japh and slunk over to the coffee table, picked up a few morsels and went to sit a polite distance from everyone.

[Elizabeth] "I'd like to see you do better next time."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow across the room at her. Nope, not in a good mood.

[Fr.Wagner] "This is incredible. I was alone in the presbytery over Christmas."

[Fr.Wagner] "How did you know?"

[Japheth] "Don't worry Lizzie, I don't even have acting abilities, I have to envy yours." Japh whispered to Lizzie.

[Summers] "Lucky guess?" Scott smiled.

[Fr.Wagner] "Well, it's amazing. We had a Christmas tree and decorations at our presbytery , but nothing like this."

[Angel_II] On impulse Angel gave Father Wagner a quick hug. "Merry late Christmas, then," she said. She liked him....and he had been a large part of her decision to trust the school. She stepped back, embarrased at her little display.

[Fr.Wagner] "Thank you."

[Fr.Wagner] "Merry Christmas to you Angel."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie felt a little awkward...She did like Wagner, in her own very odd way....But she felt like she was very out of place.

[Summers] "Well, uh sit down, relax." Scott said, gesturing to the couch and display of food.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked over at a table where food and drink had been set out. It was so nice of them. It made him think of his last conversation with Xavier, how the only way to gain their trust was to be with the students and to be honest.

[Angel_II] She nodded and gave him a little smile, slinking back to her chair.

[Fr.Wagner] Had he done that then?

[TheFallen] ((Haha, too bad he doesn't know Warren spiked the eggnog again.))
[Angel_II] ((LMAO))

[TheFallen] ((No, he didn't. But rofl.))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt sat down on the couch and gestured for the other students to join him.

[Fr.Wagner] "I know all of you weren't here over the break, you'll have to tell me what you did with your free time."

[Japheth] "I think I'll stand, I was sitting for 15 hours straight before now."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie wriggled a little on the armchair she was sat on and brushed a few crumbs off her lap. She froze up the moment she heard Wagner asking everyone to tell him what they had done....

[TheFallen] * TheFallen sits down hesitantly on the other side of the couch.

[Summers] Scott moved the tennis ball aside, and sat down on the loor, back to the warm fire.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed. "Oh, you had to do the thing that I did a few days ago. I really hate flying."

[Elizabeth] Oh. Yes. Because most of her time had been taken up by going cold fucking turkey. She did so so want to share that....She looked at the floor and pretened she wasn't even there.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt tried some of the food that had been set out. It was pretty good. He had a feeling that the students hadn't made it, but that wasn't what mattered.

[Japheth] "Well at least I got a window seat this time. That helped a lot."

[TheFallen] "Almost burned down the kitchen," Warren said with a dark grin.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie perked up a little on Warren's words. That had been funny....

[Japheth] "Yes, thankfully I save all the napkins"

[Fr.Wagner] "I always try to get the seat where there's nobody next to me," Kurt said with a grin.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked at Warren quizically. "Were you cooking in the kitchen? Or doing something else?"

[TheFallen] "Cooking. Not very well. I think I put too much brandy in the brandy pudding," he said with a grin.

[Angel_II] Angel sat quietly and watched the others. She hadn't done jack, except kill time.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie hid an evil grin with her hand. "We just can't cook very well..."

[TheFallen] "It kind of..." he mimiced an explosion with his hands.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed. "They do put the word brandy first don't they."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie squeezed her eyes shut, her shoulders shaking violently as she remembered the pudding exploding and covering the entire room. Thankfully she'd thrown up a telekenitic sheild just in time...sort of.

[Summers] Scott softed uncomfortably, thinking how he had spent his holiday. He kept his mouth closed.

[Elizabeth] At least the pudding had escaped their heads....

[Summers] (shifted*))

[Fr.Wagner] "Do you know," Kurt said, "I very nearly told Xavier I would not be returning for another term."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised his head in surprise.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie's laughter faded slightly as Kurt changed the conversation. She swallowed nervously and her eyes flickered to Kurt, then to Warren, then back to Kurt, then to the floor.

[Angel_II] She looked at Wagner at that. Really?

[Summers] "Really? Why not?"

[Fr.Wagner] "I missed home so much, and I didn't know if what I was doing was helping. If I was making a difference in your lives or if I was just the guy with the punishments."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen frowned slightly. He felt kind of bad about that; he gave Wagner a lot of crap but he was a pretty good guy.

[Fr.Wagner] "Xavier asked me to return and after a lot of discussion, I agreed. But I wasn't sure why."

[Summers] "Well, I for one, am VERY glad you came back. You are helping, and definitely making a difference!"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked. He knew that feeling. In fact, the whole situation was rather reminiscent of his situation.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded without speaking, echoing Scott's sentiment.

[Elizabeth] And the fact I dropped a fucking bookcase on you probably didn't help, Lizzie thought bitterly.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt smiled at Scott. "Yes, thank you for this. It shows me that I may have had a affect - for the better."

[Angel_II] Angel nodded. Other than Howlett, Wagner was the only adult here she trusted.

[Summers] Scott smiled back. "Wait, here." Scott sat forward and handed the present to Fr. Wagner.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow. "Present time?"

[Fr.Wagner] Curiously Fr. Wagner took the strangely wrapped misshapen ball. "What is it?" he asked.

[Summers] "Open it and see."

[Angel_II] Angel had already given him a hug, and that was all she had in term of presents. What the heck was that round thing she'd seen Scott fiddling with?

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner carefully undid the wrapping and looked at the gift as it sat in a paper nest in his hands.

[Fr.Wagner] It was a tennisball. He turned it over in his hands and saw a signature scrawled across it's green fuzzy surface. He couldn't read it.

[Fr.Wagner] "Who?" he asked Scott.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie fiddled with the hem of her cutoff skirt...She felt so damn uncomfortable, especially now the presents were coming out.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow. A tennis ball?

[Elizabeth] Okay, on seeing the tennis ball she didnt feel so bad.

[Summers] "Pete Sampras. World number one tennis player."

[Angel_II] A tennis ball? Angel squinted at it, remembering her disastrous present to Scott.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised both eyebrows. Well that was pretty awesome. Was Wagner a tennis fan?

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was taken aback. "Shouldn't this be very valuable?" he asked.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie sat back. Fairly impressive...if you liked tennis.

[Summers] "Yeah, but I haven't taken very good care of it, so I thought you might like to have it."

[Fr.Wagner] "Though, the true value in any gift is when it reminds one of the give whenever they see it."

[Angel_II] Wow, pretty cool. She toyed with her earrings again unconsciously. He had to have given Wagner something from his personal collection.

[Fr.Wagner] "These are my favorite kinds of gifts both to give and receive."

[Summers] Scott looked away and noticed angel playing with her earrings. The dragonfl;y ones. He smiled happily.

[Fr.Wagner] "Thank you Scott. I will find a special place for it so that even when I'm not here or you are long graduated I will still think of Scott Summers and of this wonderful surprise."

[Japheth] Japh grabbed a glass, "Well, this cause for a toast. To Father Wagner, who wanted to go, but thankfully, decided to stay. Goodness knows where this would lead, we could only pray."

[Summers] Scott flushed. "Awesome." He managed.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen was kind of uncomfortable; he hoped he didn't get that kind of sentiment in response to his present. It was meant more as a joke.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen grabbed a glass of soda.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed, and looked around for a glass to toast with.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie got up and grabbed a glass of juice, snifing cautiously to make sure it was juice and only juice.

[Angel_II] Angel picked up the tea she had been drinking earlier, smiling to herself at Scott's blush. How cute was that?

[Japheth] ((and nothing but the juice so help me god))

[Summers] Scott handed Fr. Wagner a glass of soda.

[Summers] ((LMAO))

[Summers] And took one for himself.

[Fr.Wagner] "Thanks," Kurt said with a smile and he took the glass from Scott.

[Fr.Wagner] He clinked his glass loudly with Japh's.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen clinked his glass with the others.

[Fr.Wagner] He looked at the tennis ball from Scott again. He hadn't expected presents at all.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen coughed. "I should go get mine," he said, and walked out of the room.

[TheFallen] ((brb, that means))

[Summers] Scott raised his glass and smiled. "To Fr. Wagner!"

[Angel_II] Angel raised her teacup and joined in. ((brb too))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie muttered something that might be a vague repeat of what Japh had said and clinked her glass with the others before going to standnext to the window, gazing thoughtfully out.

[TheFallen] ((wow, that was an early exit. I thought I had finished the toast.))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt smiled sheepishly from his spot on the couch. All this attention was making him blush. He wasn't used to so much attention anymore.

[Japheth] After the clinking Japh just put the glass down again. No need of it anyway.

[Elizabeth] She didn't want to just walk out as that would be seen as very bad manners, but she still felt very out of place.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen came down from the stairs with a box in his hands and set it in front of Kurt.

[Angel_II] ((He turns his text color when he blushes! ))

[TheFallen] He sat on a chair on the other side of the room, watching with a mischevious expression.

[Fr.Wagner] Father Wagner stood up. "I know that you may fear this school is about hidden agendas and uniforms, but the fact that you did this - that no one asked you do."

[Fr.Wagner] "This right here, is what we're really trying to teach you. To be a community together."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie turned her head quickly and was about to blurt out a reply to that, but held her tongue. She had to place to go shout her mouth off right now.

[Fr.Wagner] "And you must never forget that to be part of a community involves making a choice."

[Japheth] Japh listened to Father Wagner's speech while watching Warren's present with keen interest.

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner looked down at the box Warren had set in front of him.

[Fr.Wagner] He wasn't even sure it was supposed to be for him.

[Summers] Scott looked at the box and raised and eyebrow.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked at everyone's reaction. Geez, it was like you couldn't give a gift to someone anymore...

[Elizabeth] Instead, Lizzie turned her attention to the present Warren had put infront of Wanger...

[Japheth] "For heaven's sake, open the present.

[TheFallen] ((Geez, drumroll please. ))

[Fr.Wagner] ((Haha Wanger...)

[Elizabeth] If her cloak was anythig to go by, that guy knew how to give presents....She sidled over to him and gave him a nudge.

[Elizabeth] ((leave me alone its 1am))

[TheFallen] * TheFallen looked down at her and grinned. "What?"

[Fr.Wagner] "I take it this is for me," Kurt said.

[Elizabeth] ((I can't spell at 1pm even!))

[Angel_II] Angel sipped at her tea. What had the bat dude...Warren, she reminded herself...gotten him. She leaned forward for a better look.

[TheFallen] Fr.Wagner> "Why, yes. It's your party." He grinned brightly.

[Elizabeth] "You're in a very...gift giving mood for someone who dosen't like presents," Lizzie grinned back up at him.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked without responding and looked ahead.

[Fr.Wagner] Like with the tennis ball Kurt carefully unwrapped the package. Inside it was ... confusing.

[Fr.Wagner] He looked up at Warren for explanation.

[Elizabeth] "Oh. Like that is it?" Lizzie looked at Warren's expression and grinned a little bit more. That look meant trouble.

[TheFallen] "It's a lock," Warren said with a grin. "For your office."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie burst out laughing and wondered how long it would take her to tekenetically rip that one apart.

[TheFallen] "I just figured," he waved his arm as if in explanation, "since your last one seems to have disintegrated anyway, you would want another one a bit more secure."

[Angel_II] A lock? Angel exchanged confused glances around the room.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked at it for a moment. "will it make it more or less convienent to get in?" Kurt asked with a sly grin.

[TheFallen] "It has a sidebar, so no more winged intruders with bumpkeys..." He smirked.

[Summers] Scott was confused. Apparantly it was an inside joke. He smiled.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow. Kurt was marvelously astute; he wondered if he should have mentioned he impressioned it. "Why, Professor. I'm hurt."

[Japheth] Apparently this was some kind of joke, Japh missed quite a lot since he was gone.

[Elizabeth] "Which last one?" Lizzie whispered to Warren, barely audible.

[TheFallen] "It has a sidebar. Makes almost all lockpicking obsolete. Or just very, very hard."

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner shot a knowing glance at Warren and shrugged.

[Elizabeth] "Because uh....I'll tell you later," Lizzie winked, not wnating anyone to overhear.

[Fr.Wagner] "Well, it sounds perfect," Kurt said at last.

[Summers] Scott perked up - a lock that was nigh- impossible to pick? I think I'll ask him about that later.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie couldn't help but start giggling again. Oh god it was so so tempting to try and break it later on.

[Fr.Wagner] "I really didn't expect gifts." he said.

[Fr.Wagner] "Just having you all here is enough."

[Fr.Wagner] "I didn't expect any of this. I... I'm glad I came back, really."

[TheFallen] ((FYI: Bump keys are a method of bypassing a lock. Warren used one in an earlier instance to make a dramatic entrance to the school.))

[TheFallen] ((In Wagner's office. So thus the "winged intruders with bump keys" comment.))

[Fr.Wagner] Still, Kurt couldn't help noticing that no one had been very keen on discussing their winter break activities.

[Summers] Scott moved around so he was sitting at Angel's feet. It was just too hot by the fire.

[Japheth] " Father, what did you mean by to be part of a community involves making a choice? A choice like play along or go away?"

[Fr.Wagner] kurt suddenly looked serious. "I didn't get any of you anything."

[Elizabeth] "I didn't get you anything," Lizzie shrugged, feeling a little guilty now.

[Elizabeth] But seriously, what could she have gotten him though, a book?

[Elizabeth] Some nice bookends?

[Angel_II] "Me neither," she said.

[Japheth] ((a new collar?))

[Elizabeth] A light weight bookcase from Ikea?

[Summers] "You came from Rome for me, that's a damn good present."

[TheFallen] "Your party. No presents necessary."

[Fr.Wagner] ((with a nice matching leash?))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie screwed her eyes shut and started to laugh silently at her last thought. Oh that was morbid....

[Fr.Wagner] "well, then if I am off the hook. I can answer Japh's question."

[Fr.Wagner] "Communities are made up be people choosing to to work together, often for a greater goal than they could achieve alone."

[Fr.Wagner] "Nobody forces them to 'be anything' . That is how all the best communities and teams work. They are equals in every way."

[Angel_II] Angel slid down in her seat a bit. She liked Wagner…but he did like his speeches. She studied the back of Scott’s head as she listened.

[Fr.Wagner] "But the equality must come from trust."

[TheFallen] ((Warren's lurking; I'm disconnecting the network cable for a bit.))

[Fr.Wagner] "If there is any point in me staying here at all - this is what we should be working towards. Don't you agree?"

[Summers] Scott leaned back. "Yes." Hopefully he was finished with his speech.
[Elizabeth] "Yes, sir," Lizzie said, shifting slightly. She rarther hoped he'd go back to something lighter now....

[Japheth] "Absolutely." Japh cursed himself for starting up Wagner's speech.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt leaned back and stared up at the ceiling. "I know, I'm boring. There's actually a seminary class where they teach you to say dull things in twice as much time as is needed."

[Elizabeth] "That's....interesting?"

[Japheth] "So it's not a secondary mutant ability?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie shook her head. There really were some random classes out there.

[Angel_II] Angel snorted.

[Summers] Scott rolled his eyes.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed "No, you'll find all priests have the ability. Some more than others. I'm right in the middle I've heard."

TheFallen enters this room

[Fr.Wagner] "Perhaps I'll offer a survey course next year. "Dangerously dull rhetoric: advanced technques".

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirks.

[Elizabeth] If I survive that long, Lizzie thought with a grin.

[Summers] "Well, then it'll just be you and possibly Doug..." Scott said.

[Fr.Wagner] "You know, because then we could have long boring conversations with each other. At least you'd get credit for it."

[Angel_II] She had to laugh at that. As if she didn't have enough trouble staying awake in class.

[TheFallen] "Sounds like fun."

[Summers] Scott looked at Japh. He looked tired. "I'll uh, go clear my tennis gear off your bed." He stood up.

[TheFallen] ((Sorry about the double.))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt got up and looked around the room some more. He recognised some of this stuff from when he lived here before. A few of it was even his.

[Japheth] "Yeah thanks, I still have to unpack my suitca... Crap I forgot to call my parents and tell them I'm still alive. It was fun, later." Japh said with a smile and waved as he walked out of the room.

[Elizabeth] "Heh...parental worry..."

[Summers] "I'll be back to help clean up." He he left the room.

[Fr.Wagner] He turned around again. "This was really great, thank you." He knew he'd said that probably a dozen times now, but... It... He just hadn't expected it.

Japheth exits from this room

[Elizabeth] Lizzie smiled sadly and ran a hand through her long hair. It was still rarther messy, but she wasn't so pale as she had been in the past few weeks

[Fr.Wagner] "Do you need any help Scott," Kurt asked.

[Elizabeth] She looked up at Warren. "Do you want to go ice skating again?"

[Elizabeth] "It doesn't have to be now....but it was quite fun."

[TheFallen] "No, I think I should go to bed. I'm tired," he said, suddenly rather short again. He seemed to have come out of his pondering mood.

[Angel_II] Angel stood up. "I'll start picking some of this stuff up..."

[Elizabeth] "I did mean tomorrow or some time," Lizzie said, her cheeks going red slightly.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt watched Lizzie and Warren together. He had trouble reading Warren's intentions so he just hoped that Warren wouldn't pull her back down. That they wouldn't pull each other back down.

[Elizabeth] ((ice skating will be explained in a flog ))

[TheFallen] ((Well, it's been a good day. Mods, I fixed the colour bar problem.))

[Fr.Wagner] ((Three cheers!)

[TheFallen] ((Or seem to have.))

[Summers] ((Nacht still doesn't have pink))

[TheFallen] ((She hasn't refreshed.))

[Summers] Scott returned and began to put the lids back on the tuppweware containers.

[Angel_II] She busied herself gathering up various items.

[TheFallen] Elizabeth> "My pardon. I didn't mean to be so short. But I should go."

[Fr.Wagner] "Scott, this was your idea wasn't it?" Kurt said.

[Summers] "Hmm? Oh - yeah." Scott said, making a neat stack of containers.

[Elizabeth] "I know...I just wanted to ask that's all. Because I did have fun."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded at Elizabeth.

[Elizabeth] "Have a good sleep or whatever," Lizzie mumbled and looked away.

[TheFallen] He walked to the doorway. "Good night, all," he said over his shoulder and left, not expecting a response.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt closed his eyes, his head bowed in thanks. "It was such a wonderful idea Scott. And such an excellent way to reach out to the to the others. Good job Scott."

[Summers] "Hey, it was my pleasure, Fr. Wagner. You deserve thanks. I highly doubt Professor Xavier or anyone else would've hopped on a plane when my Aunt goes screaming and crying down a phone line." Feeling a bit emabarssed, he put a stack of dirty plates in Angel's hands.

[Summers] "Here you go, Angel. Dirty plates. Nice earrings, by the way."

[Angel_II] "Thanks." She grinned at him, even though the reference to his aunt made her stomach lurch a bit.

[Fr.Wagner] "Well, thank you Scott. It's the best Christmas I've ever had."

[Fr.Wagner] He had his other eye on Lizzie and Warren. She looked very disappointed over something.

[TheFallen] ((Warren is now gone, but I'm still watching.))

[Elizabeth] "Do you need any help?" Lizzie asked, looking over to where Angel and Scott were clearing things up.

[Summers] "Yeah - just grab the soda bottles and take 'em to the kitchen." He said to Lizzie.

[TheFallen] ((God, I just realised he left without at least saying goodbye to Wagner or anything. That was rude; he didn't mean to do that. But he's in a bad mood.))

[TheFallen] ((Isn't it funny how you feel like an asshole for your character's actions sometimes? I just had to fight the urge to apologise to Em. ))

[Fr.Wagner] ((LOL!))

[Angel_II] Angel had managed to get the decorations back in their box. "Need me to take anything to the kitchen, Scott?"

[Elizabeth] ((dude, how do you think I felt after the sodding bookcase thing?))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt gathered any of the soda bottles Lizzie hadn't and carried them in.

[Angel_II] ((lol))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie picked up the bottles of soda....Why was it called soda, anyway?

[TheFallen] ((OK, I'm going to go. bbl, all; great instance!))

[Fr.Wagner] (( ))

[Angel_II] ((Later, Northstar!))

TheFallen exits from this room

[Elizabeth] ((bye!!))

[Fr.Wagner] "Lizzie," Fr. Wagner said when they were in the kitchen. "I'd like to show you something."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie blinked. "Oh...okay?" What the hell?

[Summers] He took the stack of plastic containers and looked around to make sure he hadn't missed any.

[Fr.Wagner] Father Wagner motioned of Lizzie to follow him. He lead her to his office.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie followed Wagner, a little unsure of why...
Elizabeth exits from this room

[Angel_II] She took the plates. "This was a really cool thing you did for him," she smiled again, more geniunely this time and left.

[Summers] Scott grinned to himself and followed into the kitchen.

Outside Wagner's Office

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt opened the door to his office, the unlocked door.

[Fr.Wagner] "Look inside," he said.

[Elizabeth] "I've seen inside your office...." Lizie said uncomfortably.

[Fr.Wagner] "I know. Have a look at it now." Kurt prompted.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie took a step into the office and glanced around....it was fine. Everything back to how it should be.

[Elizabeth] "So, you have a tidy office...is that all?" Lizzie asked, bristling slightly.

[Fr.Wagner] "Remember when we were talking about mistakes, and how things can be repaired."

[Fr.Wagner] "This is what it feels like."

[Elizabeth] "But these are just objects," Lizzie scoffed, gesturing to the neat office. "Emotions cannot be so easily repaired!"

[Elizabeth] "It takes time. And people who - who listen and care and understand....." Lizzie trailed off softly.

[Fr.Wagner] "Objects can be a beginning though. Right now, they are."

[Fr.Wagner] "And you have people who care and understand." Kurt put his hand on Lizzie's head and bent down almost like he would kiss her. Instead he brushed her hair from her eyes.

[Fr.Wagner] "This is a new semester, you can start again. Just like this office."

[Elizabeth] "Honest?" Lizzie asked, her bottom lip trembling slighty. "After everything?"

[Elizabeth] Her arms moved up from her sides slightly as if she wanted to hug him but was too nervous to dare.

[Fr.Wagner] "It's okay Lizzie. And," Kurt grinned, "I'm only saying that because I mean it."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie's eyes began to brim with tears slightly and she choked back a slight sob as she stepped forward and put her arms around him, clinging to him slightly as she had never hugged her own father or had even been allowed to.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was surprised to have Lizzie embrace him, tentatively at first and then so tightly it was like she was holding onto a life line.

[Fr.Wagner] And for what wasn't the first time, he couldn't think of anything to say. So knelt down and let her stay there as long as she wanted.

[Elizabeth] ((awwwwwwwwww))

[Elizabeth] ((and that's a sugar coated wrap))